Über Venmo

Mobilbasierte Social-Commerce-Plattform, mit der Nutzer*innen bei jeder Art von Einkauf Geld überweisen können.

Erfahre mehr über Venmo

I like the ease and rapidity with which Venmo makes it possible to send and receive money, especially for business purposes.

Also, there really are no payment protections, so if you send money to the wrong person (which sometimes through no fault of your own), you can be "up a creek" (so to speak).

Bewertungen zu Venmo

Venmo hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 9.136 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Venmo bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (9.136)

Digital Marketing Specialist
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to pay friends. Missing one essential feature!

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Sean
Sean
Marketing Assistant in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for accepting payments as a small business and band

Kommentare: We use Venmo to accept many forms of payment for shows and merchandise sales and I could not be happier with our results in doing so. We can now accept more in payment from fans and friends where in the past it was dependant upon whether they had cash in hand or not. I cannot say enough good things about Venmo in regard to is making the lives of small businesses and bands easier in the current time.

Makes taking payment for anything (t-shirts, vinyls, tickets) incredibly easy as the user pool is so vast that nearly anyone you come into contact with will have this app on their smartphone. It makes our lives as musicians increasingly easy as the world becomes more digital and has increased our revenue ten fold. We no longer have to swipe any cards or accept cash only as shows now that we use venmo as our primary point of sale.

SOmetimes the scanning of other profiles does not work as intended. This feature working properly is incredibly useful and when it works properly it takes out the guessing in payment forwarding which is very nice.

Sam
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Very easy to use

Kommentare: Overall I’d say it’s great. Very user friendly, easy to connect with people, and easy to transfer payments.

Very easy to use, take payments, and pay bills with. Customers can scan a qr code and pay instantly. Also have a credit card with Venmo and it works great for keeping track of my expenses.

They did cancel my card once when I was out of state without asking me, but I got a new one pretty quick.

Nicky
Independent Stylist in USA
Textilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Venmo is a safe way to transfer money.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I always had a good experience until recently. Will never use Venmo again

It’s very easy to send and receive money through friends, as well as split payments. It’s also anonymous if you don’t want others to see your transaction.

I don’t like how it froze my account with out notification or warning. Now I cannot access it at all, and still do no know why.

john
CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not a reliable system

2,0 letzten Monat Neu

I have not really enjoyed using Venmo. When it worked in the beginning, it was fine, but went downhill very fast.

I have had multiple issues with using Venmo to send payments from not accepting cards or bank accounts to payments not going through. For a company whose main service is to send money, I was not impressed.

Sanford
Owner,Operator in USA
Bildende Kunst, Selbstständig

Yo Ho Venmo

Kommentare: The leader in digital, mobile and, in my opinion, small business cash handling. I’ve never had an issue with my account and when prompted to verify my information for securities sake I’ve been nothing but reassured my finances are in good hands.

Incredibly easy to learn and use with the most user friendly interface I’ve encountered to date. Venmo’s digital security and handling of my private information has always been secure and any changes to my account made by myself or otherwise are reported to my cell phone and email immediately.

Some forms of online debit cards are categorized as ‘pre-paid’ when they are in fact just debit cards issued from a strictly digital/online institution. These specific types of cards are therefore deemed unable to be used via connecting to your account.

Cassie
HR Coordinator in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Venmo is my go to

The instant verification of a transaction is my favorite, with the capabilities to instantly transfer funds to my bank account.

Zero problems ever with Venmo. It's my favorite app to use for payment processing.

Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Easy and More Secure Payment App but Check Privacy Settings

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

I feel much more comfortable using Venmo than other payment apps like CashApp. I feel my financial information is secure (however, read my Cons list as well). Also, making a payment is very easy. Overall, the app is very user-friendly and easy to use.

Personally, I wish there wasn't a fee to use a credit card for payments. Also, I think there is a lack of data security in that folks probably don't realize that their payments are being broadcast in a social media-like feed that all can see when they log onto the app. I can understand the fun in seeing what people are purchasing, but for others, they may be stunned to realize that they needed to change their Default Privacy to Private or else the entire internet can see what they are spending their money on. Also, there are people in my Venmo "social" feed I don't even know and am not even friends with.

Jessica
Speech-Language Pathologies in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Where it all started

5,0 vor 7 Tagen Neu

Venmo established itself as the easiest form of payment processing for the younger generation. It has uniquely found a way to process payments instantly on your phone, as well as find users easily through a QR code.

Sometimes it can be difficult to find specific QR codes or people/payment if you are not familiar with the app or changes.

Sarah
Office Manager in USA
Rechtsberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Venmo Review

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

The ease of using this app. We love how simple it is to hook up a debit card or bank account and make payments.

At first I didn't understand that you can set up as private, but then we did and are now happy. I don't know why people want there business out there.

Chermaine
Business owner in USA
Kosmetik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use payment processing

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

The ability to easily send or accept payments.

Its not used everywhere or by everyone.

Zeitung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very efficient and popular

Kommentare: Since integrating Venmo as an additional payment option that my clients can utilize to pay their invoices, my collections have gone down, the average age on debt was cut in half and my business has actually increased because the level of trust clients have in me increased as they saw me as more of a partner than a vendor. All around, my business has benefited greatly .

the first thing is that it is very simple to register, add an account and implement. the second pro is the fact that so many people are using Venmo. I thought it would be a challenge to implement as a business tool to collect payments from clients but I was very wrong. In fact, the majority of the clients I approached with this option were already registered.

the 2 biggest challenges to overcome were the security concerns people have about providing payment and account information online and chance of it being hacked. Having done the research on the product, those concerns were quickly alleviated and Venmo actually provided me with collateral to give my clients who had such concerns. the second challenge was overcoming the "Social Media" aspect. Venmo obviously gained it's popularity from the consumer side by incorporating a social media feel to it. Businesses on the other hand do NOT want their payments, collections, etc. broadcast in social media platform. It takes some convincing but once the ease with which payments can be obtained from their customers and how that can help increase revenues is properly explained, 9 of 10 clients jumped on board.

Lena
Tierarzt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Venmo for business is a must

Kommentare: I think Venmo is a great option for businesses to accept payments. It has trust, security, and financial stability, so I don’t have to worry about mine or my customers information being stolen or my money being lost. I like that I am able to use across everything I need, from mobile payments to pos. It is so easy to use and I can track all of my sales and history easily.

I like the many payment options, the ease of use, and the trust I have for the company.

There are some features that should be more customizable, and the fees could be a bit more competitive.

Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Venmo has to be the best

Venmo is great! I downloaded the mobile app almost 2 years ago when I first heard about it and now I use it daily. This past summer I ran a local auto detailing business and many of my customers asked me if I took Venmo as a paying option, and sure enough, I did! This made things so helpful as each payment was instant and on the spot. Another great feature of the app is how user-friendly it is and easy to follow. Personally, I would recommend Venmo to anyone, whether it is for business, personal use, or friends.

I do prefer Venmo as my money exchange app of choice, but it is not perfect in my opinion. I think that a portion of the "friend" features could be improved to avoid any privacy issues. Some of the capabilities that Venmo allows you to do can allow people to view all your transactions and friends. People and their money can be a careful subject so safety and privacy should be Venmo's concern.

Elena
Officer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Fast. Safe. Confident - guaranteed.

Kommentare: Being a non-profit organization, Border Town Betties Pinup Social Club was - just like many other similar organizations - hit hardly by covid restrictions and cancellation. Naturally, we've transferred most of our activities and events online. Those of course included raffles, online auctions, donations and also funds from our charity sales. Venmo helped us successfully provide our supporters a convenient, easy and (what's the most important at the times of pandemics) safe and totally contactless way to pay for merchandise or donate to support a charity cause. We have an absolutely solid peace of mind, knowing that we can always rely on Venmo customer support when it comes to keeping track of all transactions, keeping our customers data safe and answering really fast to whatever concerns might appear. I personally think Venmo is a really useful innovation which improves lives of small business owners and saves them tons of time and nerves.

I like how easy Venmo is to operate and use, how much the developers put into users' sensitive data safety, fraud protection and guaranteed timely and prompt transactions. It's easy to use and fairly priced, perfect for a small business in our trying times.

I would like to see a credit line or other similar products available from Venmo. I would also like to have an opportunity of shared savings account and other banking products from this company.

Crystal
Cashier in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easiest way to send money!

Kommentare: Overall I have had a great experience with Venmo. This was one of the only apps who accepted and linked to my prepaid bank card. Most softwares would require you to have a bank account to send and receive money. Venmo is super easy and accessible. They have saved me so many times where I had an emergency and needed to have my mom send me $ ASAP. I still use this app weekly to this day!

I use this app to pay my rent and to send money to friends and family. There is a really cool feature that allows me to decide if I need my money right now for a small fee or in 3-5 business days for no fee. I have never came across an issue to where the instant transfer did not go through. I can't tell you how important it is to get your money ASAP when you have an emergency and Venmo always came through for me! It's so easy to manage I was able to teach my mom over the phone how to manage the software.

Recently the fee's for this app have gone up. I don't like that they are basing it off how much you are sending/receiving. It should be the same fee overall. Increasing the fee just makes me want to use the free money transfer apps such as Zelle. Also instead of rewarding users for sending money and using the app, they have a limit. For example if I send $ more than 5 times a week they start adding an additional fee.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Venmo

I like Venmo because it is real time payments for businesses and most customers already use it for personal reasons. It is a PayPal product so it is trusted.

You cannot add money from a bank account directly like you can cash app. If they did I would use them regularly as personal and business.

CLARK
Teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy Money Transfer

Kommentare: Venmo has been a great tool for my family to easily send money to each other, especially in a day and age where hardly anyone carries cash.

Venmo makes it extremely easy to send someone money instantly. I use it to pay my niece to cut my hair. My sister-in-law uses it to pay me for mowing their lawn. I can easily send or collect money from my siblings who live all across the country. I have also used it to collect donations from coworkers to buy flowers for a funeral. Depositing the money in your bank account is fast and easy too.

Once you send the money, you can't get it back or dispute the transaction. Venmo says it is for friends and family only and should not be used with strangers. You can request money, but people don't have to pay back. Many people use Venmo on virtual yard sales, but it is a risk to take because Venmo won't investigate fraud. One of my biggest complaints about Venmo is that a bank account can only be linked to one user. So my wife can only access our joint bank account. If someone sends me money, I have to send it to my wife first before we can deposit the money.

Tao
freelancer in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Is venmo possibly the best payment software?, my experience.

Kommentare: All in all here is my take, Venmo is speedy and natural. They make it simple to move cash among companions and organizations. I have thought that it is not difficult at all to move cash to my own financial balance in a sensible measure of time assuming I need it quick on a little help charge that doesn't influence the head of my money accessibility. I truly like that they request affirmation when shipping off new people contrasted with other applications that don't check and consume most of the day to recuperate information.

To begin the listing of pros I'd say I enjoyed about this software includes, the ease of use, very convenient and not to mention I find that I am able to easily keep track of my transactions.

Honestly the only downside to Venmo was that, I can't send money across platforms, per say to PayPal and such. However Venmo's transfer feature allows one to transfer your money on Venmo to an active bank account or card, which can later be sent to platforms if this is your intention.

Stephanie
Teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Venmo customer review

Kommentare: My overall experience with Venmo has been amazing. Now that I am so familiar with this app I can have my customers pay me that way with no extra charges or hidden fees - which in return have boosted my sales in my business. I have also recently had to deal with customer service due to charges on my Venmo card that were not me, and customer service was so amazing to work with. They figured out the problem, and had my money back in just a few days. Loved dealing with such helpful people who truly cared about my problem.

I love Venmo for many reasons, but one of my favorites is that they offer a debit card to use for your Venmo account. It is so nice being able to use money I have in my Venmo out at a store, on top of shopping online. The reload feature makes it even easier to use my card out at stores even if I dont have enough in my actual Venmo account it will then take from my bank account, but the fact that I can turn relaods off at any time I want makes this app perfection for me!

I honestly dont have any complaints at all about this software at this time - BEFORE I got my Venmo debit card my only complaint was that some stores online dont offer paying with Venmo, but now that i have the card the stores that dont specifically list "Venmo" as a payment method I just put my card number in. So, easy fix.

Kyle
Kyle
Student in USA
Kino & Film, Selbstständig

Text Your Friend's Money

Kommentare: Overall Venmo is one of the most useful apps I currently have downloaded. Having a way to transfer money from my debit card with an app is extremely convenient. Not only that but having a Venmo Card that doesn't even need me to transfer money to the bank is amazing. Most of the people I know with a smartphone also already own Venmo so after a meal or going to the movies, transferring money using Venmo is as simple as texting your friend's money.

Venmo has helped me in a countless amount of situations when dealing with money transactions. Its simplicity and ease of use allow for people who aren't as tech-savvy to transfer money without having to take a trip to the bank to go through a complicated process of transaction that could result in scams. I also think that the feature of people seeing your Venmo transactions is a cute addition to the app and adds a bit of humor along with the app instead of it looking like any ol' boring transaction app. Of course, not everyone wants their transactions seen by their peers so there is the option to turn it off. When opening the app, it requires a Face ID which adds a touch of security so anyone using your phone can't abuse the app. Adding people to your friend's list is also incredibly simple since your contacts can be added with the touch of a button and adding others requires entering a username. If you have money left in your Venmo, you can use a Venmo Card which is a debit card that directly takes money out of your Venmo account rather than your bank when purchasing anything. However, if you do not own a Venmo Card then you directly deposit your money to your bank account whenever necessary. Venmo has so many amazing features that make it a great app to use whenever you need to. Although Venmo may have not been the first money transaction application, it certainly is one of the easiest and most popular which allows for anyone to transfer money to each other.

Venmo has many great features and not much to improve upon. One thing to note, however, is that when transferring money from your Venmo account to your bank account, a 1% fee will be deducted when transferring INSTANTLY. But honestly, this feature does not bother me at all plus there is the option to transfer it to your bank in a couple of days with 0 fees. Although not necessary I do think they could add a faster way to transfer money. My idea was that you could use voice control such as Siri, Alexa, or Google Home and tell them to transfer money to any one of your Venmo friends. I feel like Venmo has a lot of potential for new features but I don't feel like it doesn't need to be implemented as transferring money is already easy enough. Adding a dark mode or being able to change your color scheme may also be a neat feature.

Nicole
Blogger in Simbabwe
Animation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Venmo personal review

Kommentare: My overall experience has been fair. Venmo's appearance is really good and makes me feel good being there. There are so many options that l used myself to make it more flexible for my business to send out and receive money. There are problems with scammers and detecting them. In the end its a good website.

Quick, convenient payments which makes it amazing in the times l really need to send out money under pressure. Free to send money from a bank account or debit card which is amazing because in my country we cant send money internationally so using venmo to make my payments international has made my experiences much more flexible. Low fee for credit card payments which is rare to find because everyone wants a commision and it is really good that you also have compassion for your customers. The website can pay for purchases at select businesses that l choose without me going there physically. Offers a debit card and a credit card that is international which makes it easier for me to make payments with websites that dont offer e-wallets. Adds a social element to sending and receiving money making it more user freindly and more appealing view.

Payments are public by default and this makes me feel a little uncomfortable knowing people know about financial part of my business. This will probably make it easy for internet crimes to happen. Can't cancel payments which is fastrating because i do make mistakes when l am entering infomationa and l look aheadcand l cant go back. This is making me give out unnecssary payments not meant for those people. Popular with scammers and this is making it harder to detect who is real to work with and whos not. This makes the website a bit difficult to work on with those type of people.

Sierra
Prior Authorization specialist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The only Money Exchange I use

Kommentare: I recommend Venmo to everyone. I refuse to use any other money payments sites other than Venmo. It is easy to use and quick to navigate.

My most liked feature of Venmo is that the swap between individuals is quick and easy and processed in real time. I do not have to wait to be paid or risk having cash.

I least like the processing fee for an immediate transfer to my bank account. Although, this is a feature i rarely us I still am bummed out by the fee.

Ronnie
CEO in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Welcome Addition to our Payment Processinf

Kommentare: Our payment processing philosophy has shifted in the last several to transition from accepting cards using an on-site card reader, cash, or checks, to nearly a dozen different options. Because of the prevalence of mobile payment options that exist, we have attempted to accept payments in as many forms as possible, with Venmo being a major addition in this philosophy shift. Making a payment is now much more effortless for our clients, who can use an app they are already familiar with to quickly transfer money in a manner of seconds. Because it takes so few steps to complete transaction, we are seeing significant decreases in the amount of time between bills being sent out and money being received. For donations, Venmo has been a tremendous asset to us. Spur of the moment gifts at offsite events have greatly increased because donors can quickly send donations without having to provide any financial information to us. The ease of use and the security Venmo affords our clients means we not only get paid quicker, but we also receive more funds overall.

Venmo's popularity with the population we serve due to its top-notch peer-to-peer payment functions has led to an increase in payments received, providing us both with more revenue as well as more timely payments. We have transitioned from accepting the majority of our payments via check to receiving nearly 80% of our payments through onsite card transactions and virtual payments. Being able to accept payments via Venmo makes the billing process convenient for clients who might delay paying due to the multitude of steps involved in writing and mailing a check. Most importantly, the transaction process is so quick and seamless for the client that a 30 second phone call can easily result in a bill being paid that might otherwise take weeks to collect.

Venmo provides an instant deposit feature that costs 1.5% to transfer money into our general funds, while a 2-3 day transfer is free. This gives us a financial incentive to avoid the instant transfer, but it also results in funds being inaccessible for several days.

Cathy
Cathy
E-COMMERCE in USA
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

By DEFAULT, all transactions are set to PUBLIC view!

Kommentare: It's impossible not to like Venmo. Everyone and their in-laws are using Venmo. No need to do anything, when everything has been done for you, right? It's Venmo all the way people!

This is a social (relational) payment App, which makes it impossible for you NOT to find the person that owes you money and vice versa. With just very few information required upon signing up, you can begin to send or receive money to anyone, so long as they, too, have the Venmo App. The discreetness of Venmo is that no one can see where your money is coming from and going to. I'm referring to your bank accounts of course. Also, if the need ever arises that you would need to find someone, no worries, you would know who and who and who they were connected to.

The world of Venmo (everyone that is using Venmo) will be able to see what's happening down in your world of cash flow. Sugar Daddys? Cougar Mommas? Who you owe? Who owes you? By DEFAULT, all transactions are set to PUBLIC view. So unless, you want the world to know where your money flows, give special attention to your privacy status when you're in Venmo world.

Ankush
Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Venmo Review

Kommentare: I think it's fun and feels safe to use Venmo for your everyday transactions. Also, I love the ios version as you can integrate it with Siri and ask Siri to do transaction for you which is a great feature I think. I'm excited to use the feature of group transactions which they are going to launch soon I think.

Its effortless to do transactions on Venmo and it's the best option I can think of considering the fact there are so many alternatives. The free version almost offers most of the features you need for everyday transactions. It's well integrated with other apps like Splitwise which is a great feature as you can clear Splitwise balances using Venmo and I use that every day almost. Transactions using Venmo are really instant and safe.

I wish they had less fees if you do transactions using your Credit card. Also default settings shares your transactions public which I think default should be disabled. I'm looking forward to use globally like with any bank account and any mobile number not just US which I don't think is supported at the moment.