4.6/5
    3.9/5
    3.9/5

Über Adobe Captivate

Über 80 % der Fortune-500-Unternehmen verwenden Adobe Captivate als vertrauenswürdiges E-Learning-Tool.

Erfahre mehr über Adobe Captivate

Paul W.
eLearning Designer and Developer
E-Learning, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 17.10.2019

"Adobe Captivate is the Cornerstone of My eLearning Business"

Kommentare: I started using Adobe Captivate with version 2. It was okay but obviously there was room for it to improve. At the time of writing this review, Captivate is on version 11 and it has matured into a robust solution. I will continue to use it for all my professional eLearning work for as long as they continue to make it available.

Vorteile: I have been using Adobe Captivate since the mid-2000s. Each release has brought new and innovative features that allow me to continue to impress my clients. Features like virtual reality and interactive video make Adobe Captivate the industry leader in eLearning Authoring tools

Nachteile: A complicated piece of software means that the learning curve is steep but the reward is that in return it does so much.

Michael L.
Staff Training & Development Manager
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"ELearning Design at it’s best!"

Kommentare: Adobe Captivate has the power to help you create riveting eLearning experiences. It’s not as expensive as the competition, so you also get more bang for your buck.

Vorteile: This software can do just about anything that you would like for your eLearning courses. It’s easy to create interactive software demos, video role-plays, and detailed quizzes. If you have Adobe Captivate Prime, you can upload directly into the LMS. But even if you use another LMS, it’s easy to create a SCORM file and import it in.

Nachteile: It’s not the most intuitive product. You can do just about anything you would imagine, but it will take some experimentation. However, if you stick with it (or look up a few how-to’s on YoutTube) you’ll be all set!

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
  • Bewertet am 9.2.2020

"Efficient training tool"

Kommentare: Overall love this tool I was able to publish projects quickly

Vorteile: I was able to create engaging e learning modules quickly. Easy to use from the beginning and many options to publish.

Nachteile: The learning curve was small and I was able to get going quickly. Sometimes larger files have trouble publishing.

• Bewertet am 9.2.2020
Alisa M.
  • Bewertet am 7.1.2020

"Almost non-existent customer support"

Vorteile: It contains all the functions that we need.

Nachteile: Customer support is non-existent. The automatic bot will chat with you for a bit then maybe a CS person will send you a link to their help page. If you need more help, they will schedule a call with you and never show up.
Customer Service outsourced to India.

• Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Calum F.
Employee Success Consultant
  • Bewertet am 12.11.2019

"Great for basic eLearning - but not the best"

Kommentare: It's good. I spent around 2 years using Captivate as my only tool for eLearning development. I now use Articulate Storyline 360 as my main tool, but have dipped back in to Captivate for features such as the screen recording

Vorteile: Having come into the eLearning world as a Flash developer, it was so easy to use. If you have nay background in Flash, or any basic programming knowledge, it is highly transferable to the way that Adobe have built captivate. Screen recording feature that captures mouse clicks etc.

Nachteile: It's just too complicated. Steep learning curve which was difficult for me when trying to train new employees how to use Captivate to develop eLearning. Impossible to train SME's to use for storyboarding etc in a way that has any return on the time that would need to be spent training them (in fairness, they do have the storyboard add on for this function). In comparison to an alternative such as Articulate Storyline 360 - it is overly complicated. Responsive content development is a real pain. I understand the methodology here, using a CSS style layout to develop content that can run on any display - but I tripled my hours to make this work on a freelance project which causes the client to walk away. In the real world, using a scalable player is a better solution, which it can do, but given the fact that Adobe promote the "responsive" design so heavily as one of their key features - I personally wouldn't waste my time on it again. I don't believe the world need truly "responsive" eLearning.

• Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Nicolas H.
Distance Education Instructional Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2019

"A Reliable Multimedia Tool"

Vorteile: I consider Adobe Captivate to be a re liable took to create multimedia and screen recording tutorial video. With little learning I am able to create very empresive videos . I like the ability that I can combine several existing projects together and easily add images and videos.

Nachteile: The software is a little pricey and not a part of Adobe Cloud collection but if your are in education the price is affordable.

• Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Cyndi T.
E-Learning Developer/Trainer
Versicherung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.12.2019

"E-Learning Developers dream!"

Kommentare: When I want to create a more interactive E-Learning course, I turn to Captivate over other similar software like Lectora.

Vorteile: Captivate's features go above and beyond other software out there for E-Learning development. In today's world, most people we come across seem to adapt better to hands on learning. Captivate allows you to create interactive and intuitive learning.

Nachteile: I have not found anything that I really don't like about the software. Creating some of the interactive experiences can be tedious at times, but that's to be expected with similar software of its kind.

• Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Raphael M.
salesman
Groߟhandel, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2020

"Great "

Kommentare: Adobe Captivate
enabled me to create presentations of ideas for my company. with Captivate I can make that short video showing my summarized and direct projects.

Vorteile: is a software that is updated annually and has no error in the program, very easy to make presentation projects!

Nachteile: When multi-state videos are present on a slide, the most recent videos are not played in HTML5 output on devices. Only the first video is played.

• Bewertet am 18.2.2020
Amanda W.
Applications Analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 20.2.2020

"Captivate is Great"

Kommentare: Easy to use even before I took the Adobe Captivate Specialist course.

Vorteile: Captivate is very easy to use to develop engaging training modules. Great for software simulations and training.

Nachteile: Older versions crashed often on my computer, but the new versions appear to be much more stable in my experience.

• Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 20.2.2020
Chris C.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.3.2020

"The name says it"

Vorteile: I recently started using this software and wouldn't have even thought I needed it until I tried it. Great and useful features.

Nachteile: There should be more how to videos that are easy to find utilizing all the features.

• Bewertet am 4.3.2020
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.10.2019

"Feature-Rich Design and Development"

Kommentare: I've preferred Captivate to Storyline throughout my career. Most orgs seem to lean toward Storyline because the UI is so similar to working in PowerPoint. I definitely prefer the more robust feature set that gets quality, regular updates/enhancements that comes with Captivate.

Vorteile: The ongoing updates and upgrades continue to make this software easier to use for those new to it, and also expedites building many of the interactions. Really enjoy the Assets feature as well when looking to switch things up a little - really helps with inspiration and new ideas. The online community is also really great with supporting each other and lending new ideas. The different preview options that are built in are fantastic and load so much faster than Storyline.

Nachteile: There are still a lot of work-arounds needed for some interaction types to meet digital accessibility needs, but that's to be expected with almost any software. When capturing video, you cannot capture device audio.

• Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Catherine W.
Training and Development Specialist
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.9.2019

"Authoring Tool with a Twist"

Kommentare: My overall experience so far is positive. We are developing eLearning modules using the interactive tools found in Captivate. So far, the video formatting, audio (speech-to-text) function, and responsive project mode are my biggest positives.

Vorteile: Adobe's new version of Captivate (2019) is a fantastic authoring tool for the right user. I say that because the user must be competent on various computer applications and willing to spend some extra time learning! I have used many authoring tools, but this one has made me slow down and rethink some of the methods I use for development. It is not easy, but when you learn to set it up correctly, the functionality is amazing! I'm referring mostly to the responsive projects that are scalable for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. This is a wonderful feature, but takes quite a bit of time to learn.

Nachteile: The biggest consideration I have found is the amount of time I have had to spend learning the program. Once understood, I have been able to make progress, but this is not a two or three week project...give yourself more time.

• Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Assistant Manager
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.5.2019

"Terrific training tool"

Kommentare: Using this I have been able to set up tests and quiz for our training sessions. Its also let me create video presentations which automates some of our new hire training. You have to put in some time and learn it to get the most out of it but once you do that, its very powerful.

Vorteile: It is very robust and has a ton of features. You can create some really impressive training modules with this. We have been using this for a little while now to train our new hires on policies and process. I really like that once you get the hang of this, you can create very professional looking training material with it. It lets you embed videos, images and docs into your module pretty seamlessly. You can include your branding (which was a big deal for us) and colors. You can even include your Voice over if you want to. Using this I have created Quiz, Presentations and video guides. And they all looked fantastic.

Nachteile: Like a lot of other Adobe softwares (at least in my experience) it can be a little daunting to get started with. There is a lot you can do with it but you have to invest some time to get the most out of it. I really wish Adobe would figure out how to simplify the usage and work flow for newcomers.

• Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Christy R.
Sr. Instructional Designer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.1.2019

"Good for developing elearning"

Kommentare: I'm happy with this software. It allows me to easily import PowerPoint slides, develop elearning courses from scratch, and record audio. I have continued to use it over competing applications because it's so easy to use.

Vorteile: Captivate is pretty easy to learn. I pretty much taught myself how to use it and don't have any big issues with it. I like that it publishes directly into Adobe Captivate Prime (our LMS). There are quite a few nice features that get added with each upgrade.

Nachteile: Sometimes the software crashes. I have to work with big files on my desktop rather than on my network drive. I had some files become corrupt from the application freezing. It would be nice if Adobe gave free upgrades rather than charging to upgrade every couple years. I would also like to have more pre-built templates for gaming. Most of the options available aren't ideal.

• Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Felix manuel M.
Software Web Developer
Metallabbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.3.2019

"Adobe Captivate saves time and money for you and your company"

Kommentare: Since 2012 I'm using Captivate for make all the documentation and instruction manual for many software or website I've developed or I collaborated with, saving me and the companies a lot of time and troubles. This is very recommended for freelance developers and companies as well (companies of any kind that have employees using any software).

Vorteile: This software save you a lot of time on making your software documentation and/or how to teach the final user to use the software or website they need to do their work. Remember, “A picture is worth a thousand words”, and I think a video is worth a thousand pictures. This is special useful on companies that have many employees, or with employees distributed for all the country/world. Companies that needs to take working the new employees as soon as possible, with a minimum loss of time on teaching him/her the new employee on how to use the software needed for their job.

Nachteile: In my special case, I need to complement this software with one video-editing software, for take more advantage and do more things that final user of my software/web very appreciate. However, Captivate works just fine by itself.

• Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Nichole R.
Senior Financial Planner
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.12.2019

"Captivate your Learners with Captivate"

Kommentare: There is a reason that Adobe Captivate is a leading, if not the leading, software for designing SCORM compliant software. It's been incredibly easy to use, the outcome is professional looking, and intuitive for both the designer as well as the user. I would recommend this for an educational institution or corporation looking to engage their employees in personal development. This is a great forum to disseminate information, policies, etc.

Vorteile: I love Captivate! It's so easy to use and the outcome is extremely professional! Not only do they have a plethora of options to vary the presentation and assessment tools to employ different learning modalities for students, but educators and trainers can easily design courses without a ton of experience. The products are also easy for learners (students, corporate employees, really anyone interested in gaining knowledge) to navigate, complete courses, and assess their progress. Captivate is also SCORM compliant which is typically a standard requirement for learning objects within educational institutions.

Nachteile: The price point can be a little shocking unless you're in education. Educational prices are around $399, normal pricing is 3 times that amount. However, despite the steep price point, all of the features, benefits and support are well worth it!

• Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Sarah M.
911 dispatcher
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2019

"PDF READER FOR DUMMIES"

Kommentare: I use this program on a regular basis in order to sign documents that need to be electronically transferred. It saves time and saves paper to where you do not have to go printing stuff off. It can be easy to use for the most part. This program is very simple and usually comes on most PC computers. I use it a lot to read PDF files as well.

Vorteile: This program is very easy to use and is very common so if you don't even know how to do something on it you can usually Google it and figure it out. You can use it to read over and view stuff as well - the stuff that websites put in for additional documents.

Nachteile: Sometimes the program will freeze up which can get really annoying and sometimes the fields that you are trying to write your documents on won't work.

• Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Sameer K.
Lead Associate Training
E-Learning, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2019

"Best tool for simulation and VR modules "

Kommentare: Captivate is the best for simulation as compared to any other tool in the market. It the only tool which having 360 interactive output and can implement lots of things which will be in another tool in future.

Vorteile: There is no match for this tool for simulation of any website of the software.
Now it's including a fluid box for responsive design and it works really well on different sized devices.
We used to develop content for pure HTML 5 output and it output file works without any flash support.

Nachteile: Sometimes it becomes stuck when we try to insert assets from the library even if the RAM is 8GB.
Other than that it is the best tool available in the market place.

• Bewertet am 20.9.2019
Zacchaeus E.
Exhibit Technician II
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.6.2019

"Adobe Captivate - E-Learning Software"

Kommentare: We use it to identify certain species of animals for the guests to our facility. They utilize the program through touch screen displays. I am very please with it's usability straight out of the box. I was able to seamlessly edit and manipulate slides and information.

Vorteile: I like how intuitive the user interface is. I was able to easily navigate through options and controls. There is a already a large library of assets to implement into projects. I was able to jump right in, make a template and move slides around at whim with minimal difficulty.

Nachteile: I didn't like that I could not get a subscription for it for more than 12 months. Otherwise, personally, I was impressed with the product. My supervisor tried to use this software and he had trouble with the PhoneGap and GitHub part of the rendering process. So for people less familiar with how mobile applications are created, there may be a steep learning curve.

• Bewertet am 23.6.2019
Jordanne O.
Manager of Family and Community Engagement
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2019

"Exciting Product but not quite as intuitive as you would want"

Vorteile: I love all of the features of this software. You really can do a lot with it such as create responsive learning modules, VR modules, and knowledge check videos among other things. Once you master the authoring aspect I really do think you can make amazing learning modules. I like that you can make e-learning modules that really span the entire gauntlet of what online learning can be, from simply uploading powerpoints to be viewed online, to creating incredibly immersive and engaging online modules.

Nachteile: It's not really as intuitive as Adobe would have you believe. They pitch it as software that you really use "out of the box" as it were, but that is only true if you are trying to do things that are really really simple like a software simulation or an instructional video. However if you are imagining that you can buy this and almost immediately make engaging modules with quizzes and games and quiz videos, I think you will be disappointed especially since the customer support from adobe is also not the best.

• Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Dave S.
Technical Training Manager
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.10.2019

"Create online training content that's great with Adobe Captivate"

Kommentare: I used Adobe Captivate to create and product online training courses for our company's online university. The software was detailed with a number of features, but something I was able to teach myself...very helpful considering I did not have an IT or software writing background.

Vorteile: After a normal learning curve, it's relatively easy to use to create content. I used it to create online training courses for a learning management system, and it really made our otherwise serviceable (but not too exciting) PowerPoint slides truly come to life! The software is powerful with what seems to be unlimited options for creativity.

Nachteile: As with probably any software worth anything, there's a bit of a learning curve to learn some of the tips and tricks for effective use. Where to find the various features is not always super-intuitive, but it's something I was able to work through.

• Bewertet am 7.10.2019
Police Officer
Strafverfolgung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.3.2019

"Easy to Use, Cost to Unlock Features"

Kommentare: Overall, I am satisfied with the software. The ease of use is outstanding even for the not so computer savvy person.

Vorteile: This software is very easy to use. It is used by thousands of other clients and is the default for many programs. It installs quickly and the interface is easy to use.

Nachteile: The biggest downfall of this software is that it cannot be edited without purchasing. Being a program that is so widely used, the editing features should be free of charge.

• Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Rachel G.

"Long time user"

Kommentare: Captivate is a great tool. From a layout perspective it simply wasn't as intuitive as Storyline. However it's been a few years since I've used it last so perhaps this has improved.

Vorteile: This software is a great instructional design tool. Having used it since its inception (RoboDemo) I have seen it evolve a lot over the years. Nothing negative

Nachteile: Nothing negative. Simply I switched over to Storyline and found it way easier to use for advanced eLearning development.

Rachel N.
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2019

"Great Adobe product"

Vorteile: Easy to use, Adobe is consistent in their buttons and features - so if you know how to use an adobe product, you'll at least be able to navigate this.

Nachteile: Adobe can also have a learning curve, which can make it difficult for newbies.

• Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Technical Publications Specialist
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.1.2019

"Adobe"

Kommentare: Overall, a good experience

Vorteile: I like how many things you can do with it. You can literally edit any document any way you want.

Nachteile: The only problem I've had with Adobe is that sometimes documents freeze every once in a while.

• Bewertet am 23.1.2019