Über Adobe Captivate

Über 80 % der Fortune-500-Unternehmen verwenden Adobe Captivate als vertrauenswürdiges E-Learning-Tool.

Erfahre mehr über Adobe Captivate

You can jump right in without training but you can miss a lot of the perks that Captivate offers.

Bewertungen zu Adobe Captivate

3,9

Adobe Captivate hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 206 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Adobe Captivate bereits verwendet?

Mark

Paul
eLearning Designer and Developer in Kanada
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Adobe Captivate is the Cornerstone of My eLearning Business

Kommentare: I started using Adobe Captivate with version 2. It was okay but obviously there was room for it to improve. At the time of writing this review, Captivate is on version 11 and it has matured into a robust solution. I will continue to use it for all my professional eLearning work for as long as they continue to make it available.

I have been using Adobe Captivate since the mid-2000s. Each release has brought new and innovative features that allow me to continue to impress my clients. Features like virtual reality and interactive video make Adobe Captivate the industry leader in eLearning Authoring tools

A complicated piece of software means that the learning curve is steep but the reward is that in return it does so much.

Josh
Josh
Senior Education Manager of Online Learning in USA
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A powerful player in the e-learning arena

Kommentare: While I am just jumping into the platform as my current job requires it over other software platforms, I am impressed. Having used the entire Adobe CC and other e-learning software, this platform is not difficult to transition into.

Having used many products for developing e-learning, Captivate is among the top-tier development programs but has a high cost to entry. The platform is powerful and has a lot of nuances that allow for digging deep into options for developing truly custom courses and user experiences.

While you can dig deeply into advanced interactions, data reporting, etc, the learning curve is immense to begin to understand elements such as advanced actions, keywords, etc. Variables become buried and are not as easy to manipulate as in Articulate Storyline, but they are buried for very good reason in that you can actually do more in Captivate than with its rival program with such features. If I am to further nitpick, I am not excited by the filmstrip display for slide storyline. This is a feature I love in Articulate's e-learning in that non-linear branching is highly encouraged whereas the linear filmstrip does little to entice users to develop complex learning opportunities, reinforcing the linear death by slides commonly seen in virtual learning.

Carl
Pre-sales engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Creating "how to videos" for enterprise learning

Kommentare: This is a very functional application for making videos. I prefer it versus tools like Camtasia when making instructional videos.

Easy to segment video into pieces. Imagine using Power Point slides but each slide contains video/sound. Much easier to manage than other tools that record straight through. You can record each segment, apply graphic elements as desired. It integrated easily with other Adobe audio products for enhanced audio editing. Captivate does include limited audio editing tools, just enough to be handy.

I found the application would crash every now and then. Nothing I could not work around, but strange to have to experience that in today's world.

Kaytie
Regional Training Executive in UK
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Seamless Service

During my previous role as a Regional Training Executive I was nervous to create Training Modules as I had previously used a different software. Adobe Captivate is simple to use and quick to learn. I no longer create Training Modules however if I do I hope to use Adobe Captivate.

Possibly a personal issue however as I was working form home I had alot of issues accessing account however our remote IT Team were able to asssit me (apologies I am not sure what their resolution was).

Ezzy
Sr Instructional Designer in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Adobe Captivate - What you'd expect from an Adobe product

Kommentare: I've authored over 300 courses with Adobe Captivate in the last 6 years and overall, I'm very satisfied with the product. For all its faults, it's really forced me outside my box and helped me learn a lot about instructional design.

Adobe Captivate allows you to author amazing and beautiful coursework if you don't mind spending a little extra time to learn some coding. The product is fairly intuitive and it has a lot of capabilities. It's a very deep and robust product.

To really get the best out of Captivate, you do need to spend quite a lot of time learning about creating variables, some beginner coding, and occasionally some javascript. You can make the program do whatever you want, but it takes a lot of patience and, sometimes, some wonky workarounds.

Catherine
Training and Development Specialist in USA
Automotive, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Authoring Tool with a Twist

Kommentare: My overall experience so far is positive. We are developing eLearning modules using the interactive tools found in Captivate. So far, the video formatting, audio (speech-to-text) function, and responsive project mode are my biggest positives.

Adobe's new version of Captivate (2019) is a fantastic authoring tool for the right user. I say that because the user must be competent on various computer applications and willing to spend some extra time learning! I have used many authoring tools, but this one has made me slow down and rethink some of the methods I use for development. It is not easy, but when you learn to set it up correctly, the functionality is amazing! I'm referring mostly to the responsive projects that are scalable for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. This is a wonderful feature, but takes quite a bit of time to learn.

The biggest consideration I have found is the amount of time I have had to spend learning the program. Once understood, I have been able to make progress, but this is not a two or three week project...give yourself more time.

Versicherung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Terrific training tool

Kommentare: Using this I have been able to set up tests and quiz for our training sessions. Its also let me create video presentations which automates some of our new hire training. You have to put in some time and learn it to get the most out of it but once you do that, its very powerful.

It is very robust and has a ton of features. You can create some really impressive training modules with this. We have been using this for a little while now to train our new hires on policies and process. I really like that once you get the hang of this, you can create very professional looking training material with it. It lets you embed videos, images and docs into your module pretty seamlessly. You can include your branding (which was a big deal for us) and colors. You can even include your Voice over if you want to. Using this I have created Quiz, Presentations and video guides. And they all looked fantastic.

Like a lot of other Adobe softwares (at least in my experience) it can be a little daunting to get started with. There is a lot you can do with it but you have to invest some time to get the most out of it. I really wish Adobe would figure out how to simplify the usage and work flow for newcomers.

Shubham
Shubham
Manager in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Streamline your LMS with an advanced learning tool from Adobe.

Kommentare: Captivate is feature-rich & based on latest technology, it's better than any other LMS tool in the market.

We can easily convert our existing webinars & PowerPoint presentations into courses & onboarding walkthroughs thanks to Captivate. Learning Management is the spine of any Organization & Captivate is the tool that ensures that all employees are constantly learning and evolving. Managers at each level can track the progress using 360 degree dashboards.

Captivate is not an easy tool. Administrators will need a lot of trainings and hands on before they can fully utilize this product to it's real potential.

Marketing Director/Software Trainer in USA
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Captivate & the ease of convertability

Kommentare: It gives you the ability to create in so many ways & to help make video & online training more streamlined, with the added feedback from an LMS to get good feedback on how end users are absorbing the triining

I truly enjoy the ability to convert old PowerPoint training decks into exciting & yes to coin a phrase, "Captivating" training for our employees & management.

The cost for our small company is a little high & there is no special pricing for Teachers or Students. It would be great id Adobe would let you replace some of the Adobe Cloud products with Captivate as part of the overall package even if it were for a little more per month.

Larry
Purchaser in Kanada
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Facilitate Development of Training Syllabus

Kommentare: Captivate has taken the hard work out of creating professional learning tools with the ability to create testing without having to program.

ease of use; HTML5 exposes many options for authoring

Cost. I don't like the monthly subscription service.

Timothy
free lancer in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Review Adobe Captivate

Kommentare: Charm may be an extraordinary apparatus for making substance from scratch intended for utilizing in a responsive plan. This is often one of my go-to apparatuses when this specific situation exists. Captivate's responsive plan alternative and the wide extend of devices make the application an amazing option for a portable plan. In spite of having a PowerPoint moment and change alternative, Charm is not the instrument to utilize when beginning with substance made in PowerPoint. Slides are imported as a single picture, evacuating activitys, and any capacity to alter the substance.

reasonable with more highlights than competitors and simple to utilize as well with capable highlights. Adobe Charm may be a full-featured writing apparatus, advertising clients a wide extend of intelligently and instructive instruments. Adobe Master applications exceed expectations by providing you most of the alternatives merely need and more than you need. Captivate offers live creating in a responsive plan. This includes is basic as we see to create more substance for utilizing over portable devices. Captivate coordinating consistently with the other Adobe Inventive Suite devices that we utilize. We combine PhotoShop, Gymnastic performer, and Fascinate to form a few astounding learning instruments.

Adobe battles in its client back. Learned Fascinate back specialists to educate and troubleshoot would hoist this capable tool. As versatile learning ventures absent from Streak, creating entirely in HTML5 could be a getting to be a must. Fascinate has an HTML5 examiner to audit your extend for potential flash-based issues, but advancement in HTML5 as it were isn't as natural. I squander profitable time and exertion making alterations after the truth.

CHRISTY
Sr. Instructional Designer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good for developing elearning

Kommentare: I'm happy with this software. It allows me to easily import PowerPoint slides, develop elearning courses from scratch, and record audio. I have continued to use it over competing applications because it's so easy to use.

Captivate is pretty easy to learn. I pretty much taught myself how to use it and don't have any big issues with it. I like that it publishes directly into Adobe Captivate Prime (our LMS). There are quite a few nice features that get added with each upgrade.

Sometimes the software crashes. I have to work with big files on my desktop rather than on my network drive. I had some files become corrupt from the application freezing. It would be nice if Adobe gave free upgrades rather than charging to upgrade every couple years. I would also like to have more pre-built templates for gaming. Most of the options available aren't ideal.

Sarah
911 dispatcher in USA
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

PDF READER FOR DUMMIES

Kommentare: I use this program on a regular basis in order to sign documents that need to be electronically transferred. It saves time and saves paper to where you do not have to go printing stuff off. It can be easy to use for the most part. This program is very simple and usually comes on most PC computers. I use it a lot to read PDF files as well.

This program is very easy to use and is very common so if you don't even know how to do something on it you can usually Google it and figure it out. You can use it to read over and view stuff as well - the stuff that websites put in for additional documents.

Sometimes the program will freeze up which can get really annoying and sometimes the fields that you are trying to write your documents on won't work.

Alan
National Field Trainer in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

You can do anything with it, but it takes lots of time.

Kommentare: I liked the software but I didn't like how long I had to spend on each project. What I did like was the versatility to do literally anything I wanted. I never had a challenge I could not find a solution! The problem was that finding that solution oftentimes meant a whole lot of research and contacting Adobe was just not something I found easy or convenient to do. They do have a lot of users though that were very open to helping when you reached out...and I did that often.

Variables that I could assign and use in the course.

It was very labor-intensive. Although you could do anything, it just took a lot of time. Especially if the course needed to be available on multiple platforms, such as desktops, tablets, and mobile.

Dave
Technical Training Manager in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Create online training content that's great with Adobe Captivate

Kommentare: I used Adobe Captivate to create and product online training courses for our company's online university. The software was detailed with a number of features, but something I was able to teach myself...very helpful considering I did not have an IT or software writing background.

After a normal learning curve, it's relatively easy to use to create content. I used it to create online training courses for a learning management system, and it really made our otherwise serviceable (but not too exciting) PowerPoint slides truly come to life! The software is powerful with what seems to be unlimited options for creativity.

As with probably any software worth anything, there's a bit of a learning curve to learn some of the tips and tricks for effective use. Where to find the various features is not always super-intuitive, but it's something I was able to work through.

Rachel
Instructional Designer in Kanada
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Long time user

Kommentare: Captivate is a great tool. From a layout perspective it simply wasn't as intuitive as Storyline. However it's been a few years since I've used it last so perhaps this has improved.

This software is a great instructional design tool. Having used it since its inception (RoboDemo) I have seen it evolve a lot over the years. Nothing negative

Nothing negative. Simply I switched over to Storyline and found it way easier to use for advanced eLearning development.

Elaine
PUBLICIDADE in Brasilien
Zeitung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Facilitator of various services

Kommentare: I use it daily and I get very good results.

Adobe is very good for a variety of jobs, such as signing and forming text, proofreading documents and more.

NO to negative criticism because it corresponds to everything it promises.

Carol
IT User Experience Analyst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Adobe Captivate an Excellent Tool for Training Tutorials

Kommentare: We use Adobe Captivate to create training tutorials.

I love that Adobe Captivate has a lot of features and can do may functions to make your training course interactive and interesting for the user.

Captivate is full featured but it is not very user friendly. You have to be a daily/multiple use daily person in order to master some of the more advanced features. You have to have mass interaction with the software. Also Captivate is a system's memory hog. You have to have a lot of RAM to run it smoothly.

vanessa
Admin in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Adobe

I love how I can use this software and make changes to document or reports with Ease.

I do not think I have any cons with this program.

Sahil
Sahil
Junior Frontend Developer in Indien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good option for creating very engaging e learning content and managing them.

Kommentare: Overall i find adobe captivate is a very good option for managing e learning courses from designing them to the very end and all aspects of managing them i feel.

The templates of captivate are very customizable and and thus become very effective for different categories of courses. Also there is multi language support, this is very useful and required feature too that i personally like its seamless integration with other of adobe platforms like photoshop and illustrator. The tests and assignments are also very easy to conduct and keep a track of.

I feel there is limited interactivity with other of the e learning systems when compared to some other e learning authoring tools. I also feel like training administration can be made even more efficient.

Stephen
Stephen
Engagement Management Analyst in USA
Sportartikel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great for Online Learning

I love the ability to program logic and quizzes into the projects. I use it for online training at work and it's very responsive and robust.

Like most Adobe programs, it's a resource hog. It takes it a while to load, and operating on a small screen can make it really laggy. But as long as you're on a large screen and a fast wifi connection, it's wonderful.

Einzelhandel, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Authoring tool for system simulation training

Kommentare: Adobe Captivate helped me created a simulated training environment that helped new started to the business get familiar with the system before being signed of to enter the live environment.

I really enjoyed this tool when creating customized in house systems simulation training.

I experienced a few issues around HTML compatible interactions but nothing major.

Mitali
Mitali
Junior Frontend Developer in Indien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great app for managing learning management and online course authoring.

Kommentare: Overall i think adobe captivate is surely a good option for managing e learning and course authoring very efficiently and effectively.

The training administration is good. The course publishing is also easy to do so. The content is interactive and offers good amount of personalization tools to add and enhance the course.

The course management is good but same needs to be done with learning management. More tools need to be made available in the learning management too for even better personalize experience that can enhance the output.

Ronaldo
Ronaldo
teacher in Brasilien
E-Learning, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Perceptions about Captivate

Kommentare: I use it to develop different materials for online and offline courses.

It has a variety of features very interesting for the area of courses and training, with the possibility of customization and programming.

It is very expensive in Brazil. The design power associated with Adobe products does not emerge with the product.

Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

To be honest, I expected better from Adobe

Kommentare: Captivate seems like the "black sheep" in Adobe's lineup. If it had more integrations with Adobe CC, it would be a great option, but unfortunately it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

One endearing quality of Adobe Captivate is their "Live Device Preview" Which allows you to preview your creation on an actual device.

Coming from Articulate Storyline, it's very difficult to get the same type of interactions and logic in Captivate without some considerable tinkering.