Über Adobe Captivate

Über 80 % der Fortune-500-Unternehmen verwenden Adobe Captivate als vertrauenswürdiges E-Learning-Tool.

Erfahre mehr über Adobe Captivate

It integrated easily with other Adobe audio products for enhanced audio editing. Captivate does include limited audio editing tools, just enough to be handy.

You can jump right in without training but you can miss a lot of the perks that Captivate offers.

Bewertungen zu Adobe Captivate

3,9
3,9
4,0

Adobe Captivate hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 203 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Adobe Captivate bereits verwendet?

Mark
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Super Quick for 1st time SCORM Course Authoring

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
eLearning Designer and Developer in Kanada
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Adobe Captivate is the Cornerstone of My eLearning Business

Kommentare: I started using Adobe Captivate with version 2. It was okay but obviously there was room for it to improve. At the time of writing this review, Captivate is on version 11 and it has matured into a robust solution. I will continue to use it for all my professional eLearning work for as long as they continue to make it available.

I have been using Adobe Captivate since the mid-2000s. Each release has brought new and innovative features that allow me to continue to impress my clients. Features like virtual reality and interactive video make Adobe Captivate the industry leader in eLearning Authoring tools

A complicated piece of software means that the learning curve is steep but the reward is that in return it does so much.

Josh
Josh
Senior Education Manager of Online Learning in USA
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A powerful player in the e-learning arena

Kommentare: While I am just jumping into the platform as my current job requires it over other software platforms, I am impressed. Having used the entire Adobe CC and other e-learning software, this platform is not difficult to transition into.

Having used many products for developing e-learning, Captivate is among the top-tier development programs but has a high cost to entry. The platform is powerful and has a lot of nuances that allow for digging deep into options for developing truly custom courses and user experiences.

While you can dig deeply into advanced interactions, data reporting, etc, the learning curve is immense to begin to understand elements such as advanced actions, keywords, etc. Variables become buried and are not as easy to manipulate as in Articulate Storyline, but they are buried for very good reason in that you can actually do more in Captivate than with its rival program with such features. If I am to further nitpick, I am not excited by the filmstrip display for slide storyline. This is a feature I love in Articulate's e-learning in that non-linear branching is highly encouraged whereas the linear filmstrip does little to entice users to develop complex learning opportunities, reinforcing the linear death by slides commonly seen in virtual learning.

Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Not very easy to use

The functionality allows for a variety of courses to be created.

Captivate is simply not intuitive or easy to use. Compared to other authoring tools for e-learning, Captivate is one of the most difficult softwares to use. Additionally, the support for the tools are just not there. If you reach out to support, expect to wait for a long time.

Data Analyst in UK
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Adobe Captivate - powerful learnng tool

Kommentare: Basically Adobe Capivate has helped me produce a number of instructional videos which are still in use today for the entire organisation. I created a video for example on how to use dashboards created with Microsoft PowerBI. Can be clunky at times and produce large files if you don't know what you're doing - however it's very powerful and capable

It's relatively easy to use from the get go and mildy intuitive. Once you get the hang of it you can produce very professional looking video demonstrations of software.

If you're not an Adobe person you will likely struggle with this - however that just means more learning of the product itself. It's not a modern feeling bit of software and feels a bit dated.

Ezzy
Sr Instructional Designer in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Adobe Captivate - What you'd expect from an Adobe product

Kommentare: I've authored over 300 courses with Adobe Captivate in the last 6 years and overall, I'm very satisfied with the product. For all its faults, it's really forced me outside my box and helped me learn a lot about instructional design.

Adobe Captivate allows you to author amazing and beautiful coursework if you don't mind spending a little extra time to learn some coding. The product is fairly intuitive and it has a lot of capabilities. It's a very deep and robust product.

To really get the best out of Captivate, you do need to spend quite a lot of time learning about creating variables, some beginner coding, and occasionally some javascript. You can make the program do whatever you want, but it takes a lot of patience and, sometimes, some wonky workarounds.

Versicherung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Terrific training tool

Kommentare: Using this I have been able to set up tests and quiz for our training sessions. Its also let me create video presentations which automates some of our new hire training. You have to put in some time and learn it to get the most out of it but once you do that, its very powerful.

It is very robust and has a ton of features. You can create some really impressive training modules with this. We have been using this for a little while now to train our new hires on policies and process. I really like that once you get the hang of this, you can create very professional looking training material with it. It lets you embed videos, images and docs into your module pretty seamlessly. You can include your branding (which was a big deal for us) and colors. You can even include your Voice over if you want to. Using this I have created Quiz, Presentations and video guides. And they all looked fantastic.

Like a lot of other Adobe softwares (at least in my experience) it can be a little daunting to get started with. There is a lot you can do with it but you have to invest some time to get the most out of it. I really wish Adobe would figure out how to simplify the usage and work flow for newcomers.

Shubham
Shubham
Manager in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Streamline your LMS with an advanced learning tool from Adobe.

Kommentare: Captivate is feature-rich & based on latest technology, it's better than any other LMS tool in the market.

We can easily convert our existing webinars & PowerPoint presentations into courses & onboarding walkthroughs thanks to Captivate. Learning Management is the spine of any Organization & Captivate is the tool that ensures that all employees are constantly learning and evolving. Managers at each level can track the progress using 360 degree dashboards.

Captivate is not an easy tool. Administrators will need a lot of trainings and hands on before they can fully utilize this product to it's real potential.

Marketing Director/Software Trainer in USA
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Captivate & the ease of convertability

Kommentare: It gives you the ability to create in so many ways & to help make video & online training more streamlined, with the added feedback from an LMS to get good feedback on how end users are absorbing the triining

I truly enjoy the ability to convert old PowerPoint training decks into exciting & yes to coin a phrase, "Captivating" training for our employees & management.

The cost for our small company is a little high & there is no special pricing for Teachers or Students. It would be great id Adobe would let you replace some of the Adobe Cloud products with Captivate as part of the overall package even if it were for a little more per month.

Larry
Purchaser in Kanada
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Facilitate Development of Training Syllabus

Kommentare: Captivate has taken the hard work out of creating professional learning tools with the ability to create testing without having to program.

ease of use; HTML5 exposes many options for authoring

Cost. I don't like the monthly subscription service.

Mark
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Super Quick for 1st time SCORM Course Authoring

Kommentare: I needed to create a SCORM course under a tight timeline as a beginner, and Captivate did everything I needed, very quickly. I was also reached out to DIRECTLY by a customer service member via email asking if I needed help. I did not need, help, but it was nice to know that the service was available.

I really liked how easy Captivate was to learn and use in just a few hours. I do video production work, and needed to take a 3-hour long video curriculum, and adapt it into SCORM formatting for a client's educational project. I had never done a SCORM course before, but was able to with ease on the Captivate platform.

It did crash a few times when overloaded with large video files, however was rebooted and back up and working quickly. I also just wish it was included in my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. However, the price point was still great.

Timothy
free lancer in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Review Adobe Captivate

Kommentare: Charm may be an extraordinary apparatus for making substance from scratch intended for utilizing in a responsive plan. This is often one of my go-to apparatuses when this specific situation exists. Captivate's responsive plan alternative and the wide extend of devices make the application an amazing option for a portable plan. In spite of having a PowerPoint moment and change alternative, Charm is not the instrument to utilize when beginning with substance made in PowerPoint. Slides are imported as a single picture, evacuating activitys, and any capacity to alter the substance.

reasonable with more highlights than competitors and simple to utilize as well with capable highlights. Adobe Charm may be a full-featured writing apparatus, advertising clients a wide extend of intelligently and instructive instruments. Adobe Master applications exceed expectations by providing you most of the alternatives merely need and more than you need. Captivate offers live creating in a responsive plan. This includes is basic as we see to create more substance for utilizing over portable devices. Captivate coordinating consistently with the other Adobe Inventive Suite devices that we utilize. We combine PhotoShop, Gymnastic performer, and Fascinate to form a few astounding learning instruments.

Adobe battles in its client back. Learned Fascinate back specialists to educate and troubleshoot would hoist this capable tool. As versatile learning ventures absent from Streak, creating entirely in HTML5 could be a getting to be a must. Fascinate has an HTML5 examiner to audit your extend for potential flash-based issues, but advancement in HTML5 as it were isn't as natural. I squander profitable time and exertion making alterations after the truth.

CHRISTY
Sr. Instructional Designer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good for developing elearning

Kommentare: I'm happy with this software. It allows me to easily import PowerPoint slides, develop elearning courses from scratch, and record audio. I have continued to use it over competing applications because it's so easy to use.

Captivate is pretty easy to learn. I pretty much taught myself how to use it and don't have any big issues with it. I like that it publishes directly into Adobe Captivate Prime (our LMS). There are quite a few nice features that get added with each upgrade.

Sometimes the software crashes. I have to work with big files on my desktop rather than on my network drive. I had some files become corrupt from the application freezing. It would be nice if Adobe gave free upgrades rather than charging to upgrade every couple years. I would also like to have more pre-built templates for gaming. Most of the options available aren't ideal.

Nichole
Senior Financial Planner in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Captivate your Learners with Captivate

Kommentare: There is a reason that Adobe Captivate is a leading, if not the leading, software for designing SCORM compliant software. It's been incredibly easy to use, the outcome is professional looking, and intuitive for both the designer as well as the user. I would recommend this for an educational institution or corporation looking to engage their employees in personal development. This is a great forum to disseminate information, policies, etc.

I love Captivate! It's so easy to use and the outcome is extremely professional! Not only do they have a plethora of options to vary the presentation and assessment tools to employ different learning modalities for students, but educators and trainers can easily design courses without a ton of experience. The products are also easy for learners (students, corporate employees, really anyone interested in gaining knowledge) to navigate, complete courses, and assess their progress. Captivate is also SCORM compliant which is typically a standard requirement for learning objects within educational institutions.

The price point can be a little shocking unless you're in education. Educational prices are around $399, normal pricing is 3 times that amount. However, despite the steep price point, all of the features, benefits and support are well worth it!

Alan
National Field Trainer in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

You can do anything with it, but it takes lots of time.

Kommentare: I liked the software but I didn't like how long I had to spend on each project. What I did like was the versatility to do literally anything I wanted. I never had a challenge I could not find a solution! The problem was that finding that solution oftentimes meant a whole lot of research and contacting Adobe was just not something I found easy or convenient to do. They do have a lot of users though that were very open to helping when you reached out...and I did that often.

Variables that I could assign and use in the course.

It was very labor-intensive. Although you could do anything, it just took a lot of time. Especially if the course needed to be available on multiple platforms, such as desktops, tablets, and mobile.

Dave
Technical Training Manager in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Create online training content that's great with Adobe Captivate

Kommentare: I used Adobe Captivate to create and product online training courses for our company's online university. The software was detailed with a number of features, but something I was able to teach myself...very helpful considering I did not have an IT or software writing background.

After a normal learning curve, it's relatively easy to use to create content. I used it to create online training courses for a learning management system, and it really made our otherwise serviceable (but not too exciting) PowerPoint slides truly come to life! The software is powerful with what seems to be unlimited options for creativity.

As with probably any software worth anything, there's a bit of a learning curve to learn some of the tips and tricks for effective use. Where to find the various features is not always super-intuitive, but it's something I was able to work through.

Rachel
Instructional Designer in Kanada
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Long time user

Kommentare: Captivate is a great tool. From a layout perspective it simply wasn't as intuitive as Storyline. However it's been a few years since I've used it last so perhaps this has improved.

This software is a great instructional design tool. Having used it since its inception (RoboDemo) I have seen it evolve a lot over the years. Nothing negative

Nothing negative. Simply I switched over to Storyline and found it way easier to use for advanced eLearning development.

Elaine
PUBLICIDADE in Brasilien
Zeitung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Facilitator of various services

Kommentare: I use it daily and I get very good results.

Adobe is very good for a variety of jobs, such as signing and forming text, proofreading documents and more.

NO to negative criticism because it corresponds to everything it promises.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Creating courses

Kommentare: not a great experience but it might be enough for some to just to have a tool for .

we can create course content based on videos, slides, and interactive courses and track user progress, quick and final exam results.

it requires much more features and advancements and needs to make it much easier for users to achieve what they need.

Rollan
Rollan
Training Director in Philippinen
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Using Adobe Captive for delivering interactive E-learning content

Offers a way to use your old powerpoint presentations and convert them into interactive modules and upload it into your LMS of choice. Lots of assets available and other features such as screen capture and 360 simulations

The price is a big factor, it is a bit expensive. Not much updates since 2019.

Grant
Technical Assistant in UK
Medienproduktion, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good for making E-Learning material, but a little dated

Kommentare: I use Adobe Captivate to make training material on our 360 publishing system. I've used it for many years, so have some good experience using it. The online export facilities have got better over time, and have helped me move away from having to distribute large video files.

I like that I can use Adobe Captivate to quite easily make E-Learning materials, that I can export to be viewed online.

I would like to see more progress on development of Adobe Captivate, as it is a little dated and could do with some more features.

Cyndi
E-Learning Developer/Trainer in USA
Versicherung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

E-Learning Developers dream!

Kommentare: When I want to create a more interactive E-Learning course, I turn to Captivate over other similar software like Lectora.

Captivate's features go above and beyond other software out there for E-Learning development. In today's world, most people we come across seem to adapt better to hands on learning. Captivate allows you to create interactive and intuitive learning.

I have not found anything that I really don't like about the software. Creating some of the interactive experiences can be tedious at times, but that's to be expected with similar software of its kind.

Emily
Business Owner/Graphic designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Horrible, Overpriced, Outdated headache of a program.

Kommentare: Dismal would be the word to describe this experience. Used for company training courses and it was dreadful. Never again.

Has great potential but that is about the only pro for this software. Great idea, poorly implemented.

Where to begin, nothing works the right way. The layout and tools menu is atrocious. Incredibly dated. Needs an overhaul to bring it to today's standards.

Femi
Advisor, Talent, Learning and Career Management in Nigeria
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

A very useful tool

Kommentare: I work for an organisation that has virtualised all of its learning activities in the last one year due to the Covid 19 pandemic. All of our learning activities are now done online. You can imagine how useful this tool has been to me.

as a Learning and Development specialist, Adobe Captivate is a very useful tool for creating e-learning content. It took quite a while for me to learn to use it due to the many useful features. But once I got a hang of some of the basic features, I haven't used any other tool for over 2 years now.

It took me quite a while to get a decent understanding of how to use the tool. It has a lot of features. It took me watching a lot of DIY videos on Youtube and a lot of practice to get the hang of it.

Carlos
User in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

There are excellent features...

The most that I like and that I consider that is the most important feature is to save projects as HTML5. For example, I use to create real estate courses and save them as SCORM 1.2 (HTML5). With the new announcement that Google will deprecate Flash, I think that I made a great choice buying this software and saving courses as html5 instead of flash.

Very old interactive flash animations are not compatible, at least the ones that I tried.

Amardeep Singh
Amardeep Singh
Artificial Intelligence Specialist in Indien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Powerful tool to create engaging and immersive content

Kommentare: Captivate is an effective tool for organizations and individual who want to create and deliver content to multiple channels such as mixed reality, mobile using advance features like gesture recognition. Not ideal choice for authors who want to create content fast and easy.

Captivate allows authors to create complex content. Features like geo location, mobile gesture recognition, virtual reality, responsive content creation using fluid boxes help in creation of immersive content. I like that tool gives enough power to authors to control learning outcome using custom logic and allows authors to view content as consumers of content would see it.

Tool is not easy to use, and new authors need to invest time to effectively use Captivate. Content creation process has a legacy feel to it and lacks seamless and effortless interfaces provided by some cloud-based tools.