Socrates Learning Platform

von Education Revolution

Socrates

Bewertet am 5.2.2020
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really like Socrates and recommend teachers using it to check for understanding durring the lecture with the quiz component.

Vorteile: I really liked using this software to ask questions in class and have every student answer the question. This is a quick easy way to check for understanding.

Nachteile: The kids really like answering the questions and using this program, but it can be a distraction from the lecture.

Kids Love It!

Bewertet am 25.3.2019
Cindy P.
Third Grade Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been good. I feel that it has been a good review program in math and language arts for the kids. I love that I can monitor their progress and reassign skills that they need to work on.

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is that the kids love going on it. The kids are learning math and language arts but then get rewarded with games, cards, etc. It is a win, win situation.

Nachteile: There isn't much that I didn't like about the software. It does seem like they play games a lot, but it can be controlled, so it's not much of a problem.

Socrates is Always Growing and Changing

Bewertet am 4.4.2019
Michelle G.
Read By Grade 3 Strategist
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our experience with Socrates has been great and I love that Socrates is always willing to adapt and change the software to make it fit the needs of elementary students and teachers.

Vorteile: I love the benchmarking feature! It is really helpful to teachers to be able to benchmark students in an untimed, computer scored manner :)

Nachteile: I would like to see the software include a reteaching feature, like when a student answers a question wrong, it will reteach or teach them the skill.

Popular learning game.

Bewertet am 22.3.2019
Kristi R.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Socrates has been easy to use and our personal service has been great!

Vorteile: High interest level for my students. They love the games. All students are able to use it independently.

Nachteile: The students can earn the rewards too easily and need more of a challenge before being rewarded and being able to play games.

Socrates Ease

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Kristy K.
4th grade teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The students can access this program at home and they are learning as they turn to this program rather than a video game at home and hopefully this will happen more and more. They love competing with their peers for the most tickets & medals. Each day they want to see who received the most tickets, so it is up on the board every morning and the winner gets to turn their card to purple (which is an "I went above and beyond" token).

Vorteile: What I like most about Socrates is that the students love it and it keeps them engaged. They love the challenge of working towards tickets. They use their whiteboards on the math questions and this keeps their minds going.

Nachteile: Maybe a little less game time, work more problems before playing. The questions are fun for the students so a lot of game time is not necessary.

Individualized Learning

Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Jennifer P.
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This product makes it very easy for an educator to individualize learning in the classroom. With numerous levels for learning and achievement, students can learn at their own pace. Multimedia resources astounding, teachers are able to use specific targeted sources for whole group instruction as well. Excellent product!

Nachteile: It would be nice if this was a comprehensive SLM.

Intuitive, Individualized Learning

Bewertet am 20.9.2019
Helen W.
Speech Language Pathologist
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really like the individualized, leveled learning and ease of generating progress reporting!

Vorteile: I love that this software individualizes according to each students needs and that students can work on their skills independently. My students have been very engaged and enjoy working on Socrates.

Nachteile: There is really nothing that I dislike about the software. It has helped us to address individual learner needs.

Great for Instructional Support

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Angelica B.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: My students LOVE to solve math problems and earn tokens to play the games. They have so much fun that they don't even realize they're "learning" while they play.

Nachteile: The initial log-in page is very busy and I've been told by parents before that they are confused and unable to help their child because they don't know what to click on to begin the program.

Socrates Software Review

Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Regina W.
Elementary School Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love that this program makes my students excited to learn! They are eager to progress through the questions and play the games.

Nachteile: I currently have no reservations regarding this software.

Socrates User

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Substitute Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Great software that is super simple and easy to use.

Vorteile: I've only used this as a user and it was very simple and easy to use, I did not have any problem with it.

Nachteile: I have not had problems with it so far, although I have not used it enough to discover any problems with it.

Very engaging for students!

Bewertet am 23.3.2019
Shanna T.
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Socrates is a great addition to my student's educational experience!

Vorteile: I like that my students are excited to get on Socrates and practice their reading and math lessons. The parents of my students love getting the parent reports weekly!

Nachteile: I haven't found anything that I don't like so far!

Socrates_Review

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Mariah M.
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Great to use in my classroom as a treat or brain break in my classroom.

Vorteile: The software was very easy to learn and implement in my classroom. When an issue did arise, the customer support "chat" was very to use and they were very responsive and friendly!

Nachteile: The software is very fun for the students, but it is very easy just play and not much learning, when some students realize they can just guess randomly until they get it right to continue playing the games.

A New Approach to Tech Supported Learning

Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Stan B.
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like the fact that it is intuitive. It actually is able to isolate strengths and weaknesses which is ideal for differentiation. I also love their customer support.

Nachteile: It is new and therefore not complete. I am looking forward to their progress.

Socrates for kids

Bewertet am 25.3.2019
Dawnetta I.
teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My students absolutely loved learning through Socrates.

Vorteile: My students LOVED Socrates and I loved their excitement to use it while building skills.

Nachteile: I wish we had more class time to apply to Socrates.

New kid on the block

Bewertet am 6.1.2019
Francesca W.
Educator
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I've heard about Socrates and just used it once but I wanna continue using it with my elementary school classes. I liked the engine that adjusts the content to match the learning needs of every student -in a very individual way.

Nachteile: I haven't notice anything negative until now.

von Education Revolution an 7.1.2019

Thank you for your review. If you would like to continue to use the software, please contact me and we will get you setup to continue to use it in your classorom