Über Stessa

Ermöglicht Immobilieneigentümern, die Leistung ihres Immobilienportfolios nachzuverfolgen, zu verwalten und zu kommunizieren.

Erfahre mehr über Stessa

Ease of use, integration with current banking systems, and focus on real estate investors.

Inability to do split transactions and didn’t know how to pull reports until recently.

Bewertungen zu Stessa

Stessa hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 91 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Stessa bereits verwendet?

Eric
Eric
Property Manager in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Stessa is a game changer for the independent rental owner.

Stessa offers the most intuitive, purpose-built rental property financial software that I’ve come across. Far too many colleagues of mine are still either using overly complicated general accounting software, or worse, tracking everything manually in Excel. Stessa not only allows me to automate the majority of my bookkeeping, but the real time reporting functionality allows me to monitor the performance of my assets and catch anamolys much quicker. While other property management software may offer expense tracking or basic accounting features, Stessa’s exclusive focus on the financial aspect of rental property ownership allows them to offer a far more robust feature set and innovate at a faster clip.

As a single-entry accounting system, it comes with all the drawbacks associated with that method of accounting (no cross-checking, greater potential for error, no tracking of real accounts, etc.). This was an intentional design decision, however, as this software is geared to be more user friendly for the average rental owner. While it lacks the sophistication of a double-entry system, Stessa has come up with innovative ways to simulate certain aspects of a double-entry system through features like a derived Balance Sheet report using user provided asset values and debt information.

Nick

Fantastic Software

Kommentare: I think this is the best thing out there. Everything about Stessa is top notch from the product itself to the customer service.

Its easy to use, their is no guess work. I like the banking integration, tenant ledgers, general ledger, balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and every other report you could need. The best part for me is the year end package it generates for my tax guy.

I'd like to see the ability to update the RE Tax PIN number. Although customer service is excellent and will make any updates you need quickly.

Stessa Support is non-existent

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: terrible.. I want my money back but no one will respond since day 1

ease of use, ease of setup

support

Nicholas
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I wanted to love Stessa, unfortunately the features fall short

Kommentare: The major issue I have with Stessa is when Stessa downloads your transactions from the bank it will remove some automatically. Customer service said it was just removing duplicates. Anyone that is in property management or owns and operates rental housing knows many transactions are going to be the exact same. Rent doesn't change by month, and many bills are the exact amount each month, like mortgage payments. Stessa would regularly remove 10-20% of the transactions, and the even worst part is it wouldn't say it did. They just wouldn't show up. I only noticed it as the reports looked WAY off. To get correct reports through Stessa I would have to download the CSV file and compare it to my bank CSV file. Then I would have to enter the transactions manually. It isn't worth it. At the VERY LEAST we should have the option to turn off "removing duplicate transactions". I've mentioned this to customer service more times than I can count and they never do anything.

The design of the site was very intuitive. Useful and pretty reports.

Pretty reports are useless as there is a serious bug in Stessa software, specifically how it processes transactions downloaded from your bank. I noticed it when I first signed up to this site several years ago and have messaged customer service numerous times. Occasionally it gets fixed but then goes right back to being broken again. I'll describe the specific issue below.

Jim
Co-Owner in USA

Right tool for the job

Kommentare: After using Quickbooks for a few years, this program is a breeze and intended just for rental management, so not any clutter to have to work through or modify.

Pre set up for rental properties with all the categories, tax reports (my tax preparer loves it), etc. Bank transactions transfer into Stessa automatically Rent collection option, which I haven't begun using yet but intend to

Split transactions appear on the ledger as individual transactions rather than true splits, which makes reconciliation a bit challenging sometimes. Cannot split transactions with the mobile app, only desktop

Tony
Managing Director in USA
Vermögensverwaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Able to pull reports quickly and professionally.

The ability to track every important metric used by investors in real estate.

I wish the system would track owner financing deals

Daniel
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Really helpful for portfolio analysis and organization

Kommentare: This has helped me categorize and organize without me having to "reinvent the wheel" trying to set up a spreadsheet in line with the tax code.

This software takes all the input and then collates it and calculates it giving you an analysis of individual properties as well as the portfolio in general. It helps me as a newer investor to categorize my transactions which I suspect will be very helpful when it comes to tax season. I like the mileage tab as well as I was bad about recording my mileage and this tab serves as a reminder for me. I'm very excited to see how helpful and effective the software is when it comes to tax time!

So far I have no complaints at all about this software.

Bradley
CEO in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

RE investor? You need to start using Stessa!

The ease of income and expense tracking allows you to take control of your business. By linking accounts or adding transactions as you go, Stessa does the rest - generating all the reports you'll ever need, making tax time a walk in the park.

It would be nice to allow another user, like a partner or manager, to login with their own credentials and have limited(or full) accessibility to the your data.

Sarah
Principal in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and fantastic customer service!

Kommentare: Stessa helped me keep track of the accounting side of our real estate so we can easily give all the information to our accountant at the end of the year. It also makes it possible to quickly see a snapshot of our portfolio performance - no more waiting until the end of the year to see how we did!

Stessa makes it easy to look at the performance of my real estate portfolio.No more manual math in Excel for me!

Nada. They continue to update and improve the functionality!

Todd
President in USA

Amazing App For New Real Estate Investors

Kommentare: This has really helped me start organized as I start up our real estate investing portfolio.

I love the ease of use and ability to connect to my business checking account as well as my business credit card.

Zachary

Game Changer

Kommentare: The product is consistently getting better and more robust. The creators listen to feedback and implement new features all the time. Loving it!

It is easy to set up and use. Very user friendly.

Issues with data sources disconnecting.

Josh

Great Mobile Management for all Real Estate

Kommentare: It’s the first platform I’ve used that I have been able to use as a one stop shop for everything for our portfolio. We can manage our vacancies and tenancies, as well as our finances. It’s been great. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the Stessa team!

This app is amazing. It’s the first platform that has allowed me to manage our entire portfolio directly from my phone if I want to. I can track all expenses and directly import from the bank, and assign to each property and even a specific unit.

I wish the transaction importing would occur in real time directly, versus having to log in and refresh the transactions.

Jose
Chief Operating Officer in USA
E-Learning, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Incredible product for managing my rental properties

Kommentare: This is the ultimate tool for managing my rental properties. It allows me to see the performance of my overall portfolio and individual properties. Its also a must come tax season.

Love the ability to track all of my transactions associated with each property in my portfolio. They also have some great little features like splitting a transaction into the appropriate categories, such as mortgage payments being split into the principal, interest, and escrow, etc. New reporting packages are a great addition.

Would love to see the ability to copy transactions or have an autofill function (like google search) for common transactions. Could also use some tweaking for comparing long-term vs short-term rental properties on the main dashboards.

Quelle: GetApp

Great for finding a tenant then you try to collect rent

The rental application process is simple

Rent collection. They fail to tell you to use it you have to use THEIR checking account. So you jump through hoops to set up a checking account you dont want. Then you try to get the money out of the account you didnt want in the first place and its a nightmare. And every problem is not their problem its your problem or your banks problem. Customer service is non existant. I wish I hadnt already asked my tenant to pay through them.

Lucas
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Makes my life so much easier!

The easy expense and income tracking and that it's linked directly to our bank accounts.

Mileage and depreciation tracking would be nice but not necessary. CPA's do that.

Antwort von Stessa

Thank you so much Lucas! We do offer mileage tracking and one-click reports to make depreciation easy for your CPA; feel free to reach out to Support for help with this.

Bryan
Öffentliche Sicherheit, Selbstständig

Incredible value

Kommentare: Stessa makes tracking all aspects of owning rentals easy. Incredible

This platform nails real estate management basics and is ever evolving to include new useful features like tad preparation documents.

No cons! Great team and product! Continual development of new features. The dev team is open to customer requests and acts on feedback.

Nancy
Design, Selbstständig

Nope. Not gonna do it.

Kommentare: See above

None- I never got that far. Maybe it's good, but I won't give out sensitive into to a stranger

As a landlord with multiple properties, I thought this might be a handy tool, so I began the sign up process. Until they asked for my banking info. What?? What do they need that for? Not happening. I'm out.

Antwort von Stessa

Hi Nancy - Linking a bank account to Stessa is safe and completely optional, and this is clearly explained during the sign up process. While secure bank connections are the most seamless way to automatically track rental property income and expenses, Stessa also allows users to create transactions manually or via data file uploads. For users who do choose to link accounts, Stessa uses technology similar to sites such as Mint and Personal Capital to link up with thousands of US based banks and credit unions. In any event, we're sorry to hear that Stessa isn't for you and wish you luck finding an alternative that meets your needs.

Glenn
Real Estate Investor in Kanada
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Now and invaluable tool for my real estate investing business

First of all, it's free to use, and by inputting all your property data it gives you a number of different metrics and can sync transactions with your back account. I can also invite other investors and partners to view certain properties, which makes my reporting requirements a lot more seamless.

Only con for me is that I can't get the mobile app in Canada.

Very nice platform

Kommentare: Really like it. I had built my own excel sheets but this combines all properties together which is really nice for broad view of my portfolio.

Ease of use. I was able to link my bank accounts and it sends all the transactions through which I can then categorize. Also nice that they have a phone app so I can quickly categorize items on the go. They are also very responsive with any questions and helped me retroactively add my own excel sheets to capture the full year

There is a little bit of front end work but that’s going to be the case no matter what... I would like to program certain monthly items to auto categorize which I think is an option but have not looked into as of yet.

Sales Area Manager in USA
Maschinerie, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Tracking and Reporting

Kommentare: I just started using it today so I haven't yet reaped the full rewards.

What I like most is the ability to track everything in a neat and professional looking software that automatically creates reports and tax prep documents. I had been keeping all of my records in a spreadsheet which made it very manual. This software has a lot of automated features that save a lot of time.

It makes me a little bit nervous connecting my financial institutions to the website in light of all the hacking going on these days. However, it's what allows a lot of the automation and I'm putting my trust in Stessa to keep myinformation safe.

Umesh
Manager in USA

Issue with bank integration

Very intuitive user interface. Free. Logically thought workflow.

I agree with a few other reviews about opening up the financials of the company to this software. It does not allow to filter rent if you have connected personal accounts for personal properties. Also, it lacks seamless integration with the bank on a daily basis. You have to pull data manually every time you use it. Two-step authentication via text message would have been a better option rather than an authenticator. Reports generation is not enough. Needs more integration of property management tasks.

Lauren
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Simple to Jump Straight Into!

Kommentare: It's been a stress relief to be able to handle my expense tracking on the go - confidently!

I could easily import my Excel spreadsheet of past transactions. Their instructions on the proper formatting for converting it to csv were easy to follow and I was both impressed and happy that months of transactions were imported seamlessly and in minutes. Their customer service is also responsive - which is a huge win!

Would be nice to have the option to show the notes about a transaction in the main "feed."

Aneesh
Project Manager in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for a new landlord

Lots of features offered that can keep track of a rental. Absolutely great especially considering it is free.

Since joining many features kept getting added which is a good thing but I could never 100% transition from good ole spreadsheets as I know this was still developing and I might not be able to keep up with it.

Rick
CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Essential tool for real estate investors

I like how Stessa connects to my property management company, and to my banks. It's great to see my portfolio snapshot. The tax package is also very useful and saves me a lot of time during the tax return prep.

Nothing really I dislike. But it would be useful to have a functionality that allows to split the multi-family units into their own units for reporting purposes. Admitted, it's my fault to have started with one property for a multi-unit one.

Sean
Real Estate Investor in USA

Mint for Real Estate

Kommentare: Moved from excel sheets to a completly automated tracking system online with Stessa. Basically an online accountant with minimal user input required. Ability to see problems, and access overall Real Estate Portfolio performance, as well as track expenses, taxes, and cashflow.

Dashboard look and feel, incorporation of multiple online data sources, tracking for cashflow, equity, taxes, etc.

Some connections to small banks not available yet.