Über Stessa

Ermöglicht Immobilieneigentümern, die Leistung ihres Immobilienportfolios nachzuverfolgen, zu verwalten und zu kommunizieren.

Erfahre mehr über Stessa

Ease of use, integration with current banking systems, and focus on real estate investors.

Inability to do split transactions and didn’t know how to pull reports until recently.

Bewertungen zu Stessa

Stessa hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 94 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Stessa bereits verwendet?

Eric
Eric
Property Manager in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Stessa is a game changer for the independent rental owner.

Stessa offers the most intuitive, purpose-built rental property financial software that I’ve come across. Far too many colleagues of mine are still either using overly complicated general accounting software, or worse, tracking everything manually in Excel. Stessa not only allows me to automate the majority of my bookkeeping, but the real time reporting functionality allows me to monitor the performance of my assets and catch anamolys much quicker. While other property management software may offer expense tracking or basic accounting features, Stessa’s exclusive focus on the financial aspect of rental property ownership allows them to offer a far more robust feature set and innovate at a faster clip.

As a single-entry accounting system, it comes with all the drawbacks associated with that method of accounting (no cross-checking, greater potential for error, no tracking of real accounts, etc.). This was an intentional design decision, however, as this software is geared to be more user friendly for the average rental owner. While it lacks the sophistication of a double-entry system, Stessa has come up with innovative ways to simulate certain aspects of a double-entry system through features like a derived Balance Sheet report using user provided asset values and debt information.

Nick

Fantastic Software

Kommentare: I think this is the best thing out there. Everything about Stessa is top notch from the product itself to the customer service.

Its easy to use, their is no guess work. I like the banking integration, tenant ledgers, general ledger, balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and every other report you could need. The best part for me is the year end package it generates for my tax guy.

I'd like to see the ability to update the RE Tax PIN number. Although customer service is excellent and will make any updates you need quickly.

Scott
Managing Member in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Product we highly recommend.

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: We are every satisfied and use of the product everyday

The ability to manage our entire portfolio, primarily on our mobile devices.

Some minor upgrades would be helpful, like renaming of expense categories.

Marty
Managing Partner in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ok for main stream, struggles to adapt

Kommentare: It's ok. we wouldn't pay for it, not remotely. But it seems like they're trying to grow their business by solving the big problems only and ignoring the "small" ones. We will keep with them at least until the end of the year for ease of tax reporting, but will seriously look at other options as December rolls around.

Look, it's free, we get that. And it has added value to our business. But their inability to resolve a seemingly simple issue after 5 months is inexcusable.

For a software company, they are surprisingly not agile. Two examples:- For every nearly transaction that comes through, we have to attribute it to the property/tenant in spite of the amounts and ledgers being exactly the same every month. It appears the only AI they use is a checkbox that ties a bank account to a property. That's great for loans, but it should be able to handle rents too. - We can go on mint.com and enter all the log in credentials and that gives us every balance of every card. Stessa has continuously struggled with adding some credit cards attached to one of my banks. We have reached out to them for the better part of a year off and on and they seem perplexed and unable to wrap their heads around it. Now, after 5 months of us staying on them about it, they've ghosted us, or given us the "yeah we're working on it." If it's that hard to do, how can another company just do it with ease?

Immobilien, Selbstständig

Great for rental real estate bookkeeping!

I love using Stessa for bookkeeping for my rental properties! It's a great alternative to QuickBooks specifically when it comes to real estate. It's very user friendly and has most of the features I'm looking for. I highly recommend it to other real estate investors to keep track of income and expenses!

I wish Stessa had more customization, specifically the ability to add your own transaction categories in addition to the default ones provided. Customer service could also be more helpful and knowledgeable about the product and with resolving bugs.

Jim
Co-Owner in USA

Right tool for the job

Kommentare: After using Quickbooks for a few years, this program is a breeze and intended just for rental management, so not any clutter to have to work through or modify.

Pre set up for rental properties with all the categories, tax reports (my tax preparer loves it), etc. Bank transactions transfer into Stessa automatically Rent collection option, which I haven't begun using yet but intend to

Split transactions appear on the ledger as individual transactions rather than true splits, which makes reconciliation a bit challenging sometimes. Cannot split transactions with the mobile app, only desktop

Andi
Andi
Manager in USA
Quelle: GetApp

Do not purchase this product

Kommentare: This was one of the most disappointing uses of money and time I have ever been through. They really dropped the ball.

I had high hopes from the promises of the pro account level, but have been left with zero support and no options to cancel for any pro-rated money. This is a step up from a scam and I regret ever using this product, much less giving them money.

The lack of customer support, even on the pro level, is everything here. If anyone had been available to help me work out kinks, I could have stayed a potential customer and had a decent experience. But the frustration of needing help, stalling on payments/setup, and then being left alone after spending hundreds of dollars, is beyond infuriating.

Tony
Managing Director in USA
Vermögensverwaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Able to pull reports quickly and professionally.

The ability to track every important metric used by investors in real estate.

I wish the system would track owner financing deals

Daniel
Investor in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Really helpful for portfolio analysis and organization

Kommentare: This has helped me categorize and organize without me having to "reinvent the wheel" trying to set up a spreadsheet in line with the tax code.

This software takes all the input and then collates it and calculates it giving you an analysis of individual properties as well as the portfolio in general. It helps me as a newer investor to categorize my transactions which I suspect will be very helpful when it comes to tax season. I like the mileage tab as well as I was bad about recording my mileage and this tab serves as a reminder for me. I'm very excited to see how helpful and effective the software is when it comes to tax time!

So far I have no complaints at all about this software.

Stessa Support is non-existent

Kommentare: terrible.. I want my money back but no one will respond since day 1

ease of use, ease of setup

support

Stephen
owner in USA

Perfect for Rental Owners

Kommentare: My accountant loves it and it saves me hours of manual entry. As an added bonus, I have critical information in real time that can help me make good decisions for the future. Haven't really even scratched the surface on this part but it's all there.

I have used QuickBooks for years but got tired of the barrage of come-ons and sticky marketing techniques they use on customers. It seemed every time I opened the program, there would be new hoops to jump through if I wanted to do any actual work. Stessa is designed from the ground up for rental property owners. You enter income and expense items, that's it. All items fall under one of the carefully considered categories they provide. Multiple locations and units are also accounted for. You can add or sell buildings, add or replace tenants, run targeted reports including exporting the year end to your accountant and graphically view your performance which is generated by your data. Even more powerful, you can auto import entries from bank account, credit accounts, whatever. Once you're up and running, all your data is entered for you to edit or delete as needed. Saves a ton of time. Oh, did I mention it's free??? Don't know what the long range plan is, but this software won't cost you a dime. It makes QB look tired and cumbersome, not to mention annoying, which it really has become over the years.

This is not a property management platform in the sense that you can schedule maintenance and track hours. However, you can capture and import invoices so your records are all in one place.

Joel
Managing Member in USA

Great Value & Tracking Tool

Kommentare: With Stessa I can store all the financial, insurance and legal documents. I can enter and save and categorize every income and expense. I have a database of information that I can pull from or print. I have all the financial and business metric reports that I would ever need by various time periods. I love Stessa.

I like that I can store data, numbers, documents etc in a one stop shop.

It needs some expansion of categories and sub categories to cover common line items that it presently doesn't cover.

Luis
landlord in USA

Highly recommend Stessa!

Kommentare: Very satisfied with features, ease of use, and overall performance. Highly recommend it.

Easy to set up, easy to use. Went from using spreadsheets to using Stessa and made a huge difference in productivity and accuracy. Loving it!

I just wish there was a way to add/modify categories.

Josh

Great Mobile Management for all Real Estate

Kommentare: It’s the first platform I’ve used that I have been able to use as a one stop shop for everything for our portfolio. We can manage our vacancies and tenancies, as well as our finances. It’s been great. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the Stessa team!

This app is amazing. It’s the first platform that has allowed me to manage our entire portfolio directly from my phone if I want to. I can track all expenses and directly import from the bank, and assign to each property and even a specific unit.

I wish the transaction importing would occur in real time directly, versus having to log in and refresh the transactions.

Mark

Best Real Estate tax prep program

Kommentare: The total package has made my life much simpler.

After years of struggling to keep my RE tax prep files in order, STESSA did in just a few months that other programs could not do in 10 years! It’s the complete package without the complexities!! Mark

No issues..each feature especially the tax prep package is invaluable!

Jonathan
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This software made us grow our business

Kommentare: This software has changed my business. I have started 5 other business with it and they all love it. Best thing I have ever used. It has been a year that we have been using it and it still blows my mind every time we use it.

I love how all our property and tenant data is located in one place for all the team to see. It keeps track of our money in and out and lets us know what we are spending on each property. Helps us as armature's understand real estate a lot better since we can always see the numbers

I wish the reporting could be customizable and the only reason I say this is because I would like more simple reports.

NA in USA
Biotechnologie, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Infinite ROI

Kommentare: Eliminates the need for having a checking account for each investment

Fantastically organizes and maintains the ledgers on each of your RE investments. It's Quicken for real estate investors. Eliminates the need for having a checking account for each investment. At tax time, Stessa provides invaluable year-end reports. The ideal location to store relevant lease information - including a digital copy of the lease, move-in/out date, name of tenant, rent, market rent, etc...AND it's free!

Would like the ability to link outside banking accounts to get a better estimate of net worth. There's really nothing about the software that I dislike

Gwynne
Stay at home mom and rental property owner in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Best rental management program I’ve found

Kommentare: I have looked for over 10 years for a program that would work for my husband and I to manage our own rental properties. We now own 15 long term and short term rentals and as much as I wanted to replace our customized excel spreadsheet, it still worked best for our needs after trying other programs specifically for investment properties or general accounting. I always gave up because it just didn’t quite work well enough. Stessa has been the only program that I have found that is easy, seamless and still tailored to every property we own. I can finally get rid of the old spreadsheet. I can’t wait for tax season next year where I have a full year of management with Stessa. It has made attaching receipts, invoices and cash flow so easy. I am so thankful and excited to have stumbled across this program. It works.

Ease of use, categories, seamless and it just works effortlessly

At the moment any slight potential tweak I find it seems the staff quickly tries to resolve and fix so that it works even better

Nancy
Design, Selbstständig

Nope. Not gonna do it.

Kommentare: See above

None- I never got that far. Maybe it's good, but I won't give out sensitive into to a stranger

As a landlord with multiple properties, I thought this might be a handy tool, so I began the sign up process. Until they asked for my banking info. What?? What do they need that for? Not happening. I'm out.

Antwort von Stessa

Hi Nancy - Linking a bank account to Stessa is safe and completely optional, and this is clearly explained during the sign up process. While secure bank connections are the most seamless way to automatically track rental property income and expenses, Stessa also allows users to create transactions manually or via data file uploads. For users who do choose to link accounts, Stessa uses technology similar to sites such as Mint and Personal Capital to link up with thousands of US based banks and credit unions. In any event, we're sorry to hear that Stessa isn't for you and wish you luck finding an alternative that meets your needs.

Glenn
Real Estate Investor in Kanada
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Now and invaluable tool for my real estate investing business

First of all, it's free to use, and by inputting all your property data it gives you a number of different metrics and can sync transactions with your back account. I can also invite other investors and partners to view certain properties, which makes my reporting requirements a lot more seamless.

Only con for me is that I can't get the mobile app in Canada.

Very nice platform

Kommentare: Really like it. I had built my own excel sheets but this combines all properties together which is really nice for broad view of my portfolio.

Ease of use. I was able to link my bank accounts and it sends all the transactions through which I can then categorize. Also nice that they have a phone app so I can quickly categorize items on the go. They are also very responsive with any questions and helped me retroactively add my own excel sheets to capture the full year

There is a little bit of front end work but that’s going to be the case no matter what... I would like to program certain monthly items to auto categorize which I think is an option but have not looked into as of yet.

Sales Area Manager in USA
Maschinerie, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Tracking and Reporting

Kommentare: I just started using it today so I haven't yet reaped the full rewards.

What I like most is the ability to track everything in a neat and professional looking software that automatically creates reports and tax prep documents. I had been keeping all of my records in a spreadsheet which made it very manual. This software has a lot of automated features that save a lot of time.

It makes me a little bit nervous connecting my financial institutions to the website in light of all the hacking going on these days. However, it's what allows a lot of the automation and I'm putting my trust in Stessa to keep myinformation safe.

Umesh
Manager in USA

Issue with bank integration

Very intuitive user interface. Free. Logically thought workflow.

I agree with a few other reviews about opening up the financials of the company to this software. It does not allow to filter rent if you have connected personal accounts for personal properties. Also, it lacks seamless integration with the bank on a daily basis. You have to pull data manually every time you use it. Two-step authentication via text message would have been a better option rather than an authenticator. Reports generation is not enough. Needs more integration of property management tasks.

Collin
CEO in USA

So far so good!

Kommentare: Just like the title suggests - so far so good. The customer support has been surprisingly quick and helpful. I had a few questions about future iterations and CSR was very quick to get back to me confirming that several suggestions would be available on the next release.

I am relatively new to using this tool and I appreciate the visibility that this tool offers me for my rental property(s) to look at different performance metrics. It kind of reminds me a hybrid of Mint and Personal Capital for Rental Properties. I see the potential of this tool platform and look forward to seeing where it goes!

I like how this tool allows for me to export different financial reports for different time periods, I just wish that it would give me all of the details of the summary data in the spreadsheet? Also, the data exported is appears to be just text data? If I want to modify any of the tables, I can't because there are no formulas?

Aneesh
Project Manager in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for a new landlord

Lots of features offered that can keep track of a rental. Absolutely great especially considering it is free.

Since joining many features kept getting added which is a good thing but I could never 100% transition from good ole spreadsheets as I know this was still developing and I might not be able to keep up with it.