PracticeStudio

Office Manager/Certified Professional Coder view of Practice Studio

Bewertet am 6.8.2014
Carey L.
Office Manager/Certified Professional Coder

Kommentare: The scheduling functions are wonderful and very easy to modify. In a typical day we start with 20-30 patients scheduled for one Chiropractor and will turn over 30%, have another 10 patients call in and 5 to 10 patients walk in. The billing and reconciliation functions are also smooth and easy to use. The codes can be modified to automatically include modifiers. The premade reports are adequate. They can be modified but it is not intuitive. And exporting the data to modify for other use can be problematic as some fields don't make it to an excel spreadsheet. The customer service is beyond reproach! All the support staff are supportive and responsive. The training videos online are wonderful and very helpful! I like that the personnel not only will fix my issue - they will show me how to make the modifications for myself for my future needs. The charting screens are very touch screen friendly. The only drawback is the occasional need to hit an extra button to navigate. It is not intuitive as to when you can go directly to a screen and when you need to hit the "Next" button. For achieving Meaningful Use - this company has it dialed in. They have specific videos to help make the process much less daunting! I am very happy with this product and would strongly recommend it to other offices.

von MicroFour an 15.8.2014

Carey:

I just wanted to let you know that there are some solutions to the items that you mentioned.

First of all, there are some navigation features that I would imagine you might not be taking advantage of. Here is a blog post that will explain some of those tips including the swipe method (http://www.practicestudioblog.com/tips-and-tricks-chart-navigation/325). This will save a lot of time.

Second, regarding the Excel exports, you are right that in the past this has been a problem. However, this has been resolved starting in build 16.1.0.1 or later. We have totally revamped the reporting engine including the export to Excel which when exported, looks just like the report.

Thanks for your business and continued support! I hope this helps!

Great Support!

Bewertet am 25.2.2017
Susan H.
Ofc Mang
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Best aspect of this product is the technical support. Very strong in meaningful use implementation. We have used this product for 10+ years.

Vorteile: Techical support, easily accessible and well-produced training videos, meaningful use assistance, working with the same technical support staff for 10+ years. You cannot find that type of consistency in staff anywhere these days.

Nachteile: Pricey for our small office.

Firm Grasp of Regulatory Landscape and Awesome Tech Support

Bewertet am 14.7.2015
Susan H.
Office Administrator

Kommentare: Practice Studio has powered our practice for more than ten years. The thing I respect most about Micro Four is their ability to shepherd Practice Studio through constantly changing technical and regulatory environments. However, it's not enough that the product be up to date in both of these areas. We need help USING the software in the most effective way to achieve excellent patient care and incentives through programs such as Meaningful Use and PQRS. This is where Practice Studio's EXCELLENT customer service comes in. Their technical staff is the most experienced and accessible that I have come across in the use of any software product. I feel it says a lot about an organization when you are able to speak with the some of the same support staff over a period of more than ten years!!! Our office switched software products briefly a few years back and boy did we appreciate then what Practice Studio offers in terms of technical support! We headed back to Practice Studio within a few months. Practice Studio is the best of both worlds: established with a great track record and technical support but always on the edge of what is coming next. I highly recommend this product.

Difficult to use, lacking customer support

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Tate M.
Director of Marketing
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While we understand integrative practices present a unique challenge for EHR systems, we feel PracticeStudio has a ways to go before all our needs are satisfied. We are planning on staying with them for now, but only on the hope that some of these issues will be dealt with.

Vorteile: PracticeStudio is one of only a few EHR systems out there that can handle a multi-disciplinary healthcare practice like ours. It offers billing and storage of medical records, as well as documents and other important parts of treatment.

Nachteile: Many of the functions are not intuitive and the database reports do not work. It is also difficult to maintain organization given the number of capabilities and intricacies of them all. We are also often frustrated by the customer support and feel the team members can be rude and dismissive of our issues.

Software for Internal Medicine practice

Bewertet am 16.7.2015
Teresa K.
Medizinische Praxis

Vorteile: The software is very user friendly and can be customized to fit the individual needs of different providers. Excellent claims management and reporting. The customer support is always available , knowledgeable, and friendly.

Nachteile: The product has had little exposure in our area so new employees are rarely familiar with the product.

Bad Excuse for EMR

Bewertet am 23.1.2019
Tracie P.
Lab Manager
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was a EMR that was in place when I went to work for this company. It is a program that needs lots of work. It is not a menu driven EMR, and requires a lot of typing. A true EMR should be geared to work for your practice. This is not the one!

Vorteile: The only thing with this program that was good, is you could say you were electronic.

Nachteile: This is a poor example of a truely functionable EMR. You must type alot in this software. It is not menu driven which leaves the door open for alot of human typographical errors. Support is not good.

von MicroFour an 12.2.2019

We're very sorry to hear that Tracie had a negative experience with the software. To clarify what we can, our system *is* designed to be 'menu driven', meaning it takes you through the planned flow of documentation with pre-set options made available and is designed to minimize keyboard input wherever possible.

With that said, our software is also fully customizable and that planned flow can be changed however the clinic sees fit. In this case, it sounds as though the principles of the clinic elected to primarily dictate or keyboard rather than modifying those pre-built screens (or 'menus') to allow for more guided entry that fit their specific needs.

We are also sorry to hear that Tracie's experience with our support team was not positive. That is not typical of what we hear regarding our team. Our client relationship is our highest priority, with our support and training team typically scoring very highly both internally and through external sources such as Capterra.

Complete EHR and Practice Management Integrated Package

Bewertet am 23.10.2014
David H.

Kommentare: We have used Practice Studio's Practice Management software for 17 years. When we decided to move to EHR, I looked closely at 4 major providers and concluded that Practice Studio was as good or better than any other choice. After choosing software that will get the job done, the MOST IMPORTANT is the SUPPORT. This is where MicroFour really stands out. They are very timely and helpful in solving any problems that develop. The programmers are very responsive to suggestions. Much, but not all of the software is fairly intuitive. MicroFour was in the 5% of all EHR software firms that was ready to go to be certified EHR Level Two. They have made the Attestation process pretty simple and we have receive our checks as promised from Uncle Sam.

Practice Studio Review

Bewertet am 5.11.2014
Kurt K.

Kommentare: I am very pleased with the Practice Studio (X16) EHR software from MicroFour. I have enjoyed excellent Customer support, and feel that I have a business "relationship" with both the sales and support staff. The Software is very thorough, and admittedly complex, complying with all standards for proper documentation. But with the education I got, usage is quick, efficient, and fits my needs exactly. I can go into as much depth and detail as I choose, or easily roll records forward with just the essentials with a few keystrokes. I get timely, accurate information in responses to questions or tech needs. I highly recommend Practice Studio for EHR.

I have had Practice Studio since 1998

Diane J.
Administrator

Kommentare: I greatly appreciate the Practice Studio Program features and how easily I have become custom to the use of all it's features. I started with Practice Studio in approximately 1998, and have watched it develop into one of the most comprehensive but easily used programs I have had. The customer service unit at Practice Studio is prompt and extremely helpful in all ways if you should ever need their assistance. I give this company more than 5 stars and will continue to utilize their program. The only thing I wish is that they were a bit closer, so if I wanted onsite training it would be easier to obtain.

Practice Studio Review

Charles M.

Kommentare: I have been using Micro Four's Practice Studio for chiropractors for over 15 years. They have always been on the cutting edge of EMR technology. The system is ready to use out of the box and can be easily customized to fit your practice style if needed. Their support is very fast and very helpful...we have never had an issue that could not be fixed beyond a day or two. They also have made it easy to comply with Meaningful Use measures and have helped me collect thousands of dollars in the incentive program. I highly recommend Practice Studio for any medical office that needs to convert to EHR.

Practice Studio Suite of Products

Bewertet am 18.8.2014
Thomas C.
President & Clinic Director Integrative Health Car

Kommentare: Although goverment regualtory oversight makes all EHR systems cumbersome and expensive, our office has arrived at the conclusion that Practice Studio Suite of products hasd the best sysytem we have seen to date. We have had the opportunity/burden to use at least 4 other major EHR software products. PS has the most efficient, most adaptable product on the market.
Support with Practice Studio is very efficient. Their trackable system and response time is 10 fold better than anything else we have used.
I recommend anyone looking for an EHR, to look long and hard at PS!

PracticeStudio User

Bewertet am 8.3.2013
Teresa B.

Kommentare: Excellent software, service and support and would highly recomend this software.

Vorteile: The softare has worked great from the billing, scheduling, financial reporting and insurance claims processing. Love the claims intergration into the software. The touch screen charting is the BEST!

Nachteile: Nothing that we have run into as we have used the software for over 10 years. The company will listen as we make suggestions and have been great at improving the software.

Very user friendly EHR

Bewertet am 23.9.2014
Don W.

Kommentare: The system is very easy to understand and master quickly. The flow is intuitive and covers all the basics without having to develop your own templates. At the same time some of the preset buttons are not descriptive enough. Scheduling is simple and the practice management side is well integrated with the EHR.

Long Term Customer

Nathan U.

Kommentare: We currently use Practice Studio in all four of our offices. The attention to detail, opportunities for customization, high level of customer service, and the ongoing innovation is the reason I have remained a customer for 16 years. Dr. Nathan Unruh
Envive Chiropractic

Lots of features - can customize everything

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Sarah S.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Our favorite feature of this system is the fact that you can customize almost anything. Also, they do pay attention to suggestions that clients give them and we have seen some of our suggestions get added to the software on the updates.

Nachteile: It is a lot of detailed information, but you are definitely paying for it. It is the most expensive program we have used to run our practice and for a small business, sometimes you have to choose the basic but affordable option instead of all the shiny bells and whistles.

Great for Family Practice

Marti C.
Family/Pediatric Nurse Practitioner/Owner

Kommentare: So easy to use for a variety of patient conditions and easy to customize for each patient plan of care. I even add my own patient ed articles!