Über Scrivener

Korrekturlösung, mit der Autor*innen Manuskripte durch Beschriften, Gliederung, Formatierung, Textbearbeitung und mehr organisieren können.

Erfahre mehr über Scrivener

If I had the time to master it, it'd be such an amazing tool. But the complexity, the multiple ways of doing the same thing is too much.

Bewertungen zu Scrivener

4,0

Scrivener hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 148 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Scrivener bereits verwendet?

Bakari C.
Bakari C.
Web Designer and Content Producer in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Great for managing writing and research projects

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience with Scrivener is positive. I like that it's not a subscriber-based application, and I can access it on both my desktop and iOS devices.

I've used Scrivener for several years for my long-form writing projects. What I like about it most is that it enables me to manage my writing, research, and ideas all in one place. I can organize my research and track notes, store my drafts and ideas, and save them all in one place. When the developers created an iOS version of Scrivener, it enabled me to read my writing on my iPad as if I were reading on printed paper. Scrivener has tons of features, but I particularly like the Typewriter Mode feature that keeps the line of text in a fixed position on my screen so I don't have to keep scrolling up as I type. The ability to filter sections and drafts of writing is also helpful. I can label sections of writing any way I want. And finally, Scrivener also allows for exporting documents to various formats, including ePub. Scrivener takes a while to learn, but it's highly useful for serious writers.

The export features are complicated, but there's plenty of documentation to show to use it.

Chuck D.
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Powerful tool to energize your writing efforts

Kommentare: When I first started using Scrivener, I was skeptical of the enthusiasm of my colleagues for the software, but it allows me to organize so much information in one application, that the benefits couldn't be denied. It serves you throughout the entire writing process, from brainstorming to publishing. And the tracking abilities keep you on your deadline during the entire time.

1. There's a wide variety of tools available in Scrivener 2. The Binder allows you to have your research and manuscript in the same window 3. The Binder is great for structuring your ideas without resorting to a different app for outlining/corkboard 4. Tools for tracking progress built in 5. Many options for publishing the document into a more standard format 6. The price can't be beat

1. It's hard to get it to work well with syncing and maintaining format 2. It doesn't support markdown very well 3. It requires some effort to master

Angela B.
Author, Illustrator, Business Owner in USA

Scrivener Won't Tell You How To Write, But Makes It Easier

4 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I switched to Scrivener to keep my manuscripts' various bits of information in one place. I can easily access character information, locations, scenes, and possible agents to query from each book I work on. It was challenging to use at first, but once I got the hang of it, I promised myself I would never switch back to an inferior product.

The software is designed to help you write no matter your process. Its open concept and the ability to move documents or scenes around for your full work are wonderful.

There is no actual grammar editor in this program. But it does allow the use of other grammar programs to work with it, such as Grammarly.

Howard G.
Author in Australien
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Authoring tools: still some way to go

Kommentare: My impression is that most software for authors is designed by IT people with insufficient collaboration with authors. Scrivener appears to be an exception. Basic writing, scene organisation, editing are all 10/10 fine, but for anything below the surface, users can expect an arduous learning curve. While I congratulate the designers, I admit to not liking Scrivener - but it is the best of the bunch.

Excellent user manual. Broad adoption in many countries and active support community. Good for keeping research, notes, images with the manuscript. Good backup features, saving as draft to DropBox for use on Android and auto-syncing back to PC. I've tried many other authoring programs and LibreOffice and Word, and find Scrivener suits my requirements best. I've used it for two books of 80,000 words.

Seems to be designed primarily for Mac users. Windows version works OK, but there's no Android version. Compiling process is complex and, as yet, I've not mastered it. Indexing and contents pages with page numbers is a process that gives me nightmares. Settings configuration and interface are very unintuitive. Again, I haven't mastered these.

Skyler B.

Scrivener is THE writing app

Kommentare: I've been using Scrivener since 2.0 from about 2016, and have written over a million words using it. I primarily have used it to write blog posts and for all my freelance client work. It has made me so much more organized than having to look through hundreds of documents on my MacBook. While there are a lot of menus and features, it is possible to customize the interface, and also to enable a distraction-free writing mode. When most writing software has now moved to a subscription model, Scrivener still remains a one-time purchase, and is the best value on the market. For writers, Scrivener is the only app you need.

The organization features. Scrivener has the best organization from any writing software I have ever used. At first the interface looks highly complicated, but after a few hours, it is easy to get used to it. Being able to write long-form projects in different documents and then effortlessly rearrange them has been a game changer. I kept all of my client work inside Scrivener by creating different folders, and then also tagging each document based on the status of completion.

The only con is the online syncing via Dropbox. It is not as user-friendly and reliable as other software which integrates with iCloud.

Stuart W.
Stuart W.
Book Coach in UK

I'm beyond impressed!

Kommentare: Scrivener is my go-to app for writing my novels and screenplays. It allows me to organize all of my work in one place, and with the ability to save different drafts, I never have to worry about losing anything. With Scrivener, I can easily find the information I need. The interface is intuitive and easy to understand, and it is always available on all of my devices.

The organisational capabilities of both writing and research are invaluable. And the compile feature, once you get it set up, is astonishingly powerful and, with a bit of work, as good as Vellum.

It can take a while to learn Scrivener's unique features, but if you take the time, you'll find there's a lot more going on than you see at first. If there's one thing that bugs me is that the compile functions in Scrivener 3 are difficult compared to version 2.

Nathan B.
Nathan B.
Freelancer in USA

Complex but powerful product

5 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: It's a complex bit of software. It's more oriented toward one purpose, that being preparing a book for publication. I tried using it as a notebook. Kinda maybe could work, but something online like Notion might be better.

This product will help you lay out something for publication. Keep all your research straight in the same application.

For some reason, it keeps requiring me to re-enter my activation code. It's like, guys, I bought this. It's mine. Stop this nonsense.

Success Coach in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Fantastic for books, papers, blogs & beyond

I love being able to organize all of my ideas and research, then compile it into a finished written project. It works like none other.

It's a bit confusing to learn and there are an overwhelming amount of features. Even after years of use I still forget how to do certain things

Paul K.
IT Manager in USA
Schiffbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Scrivener - For the professional writer

Kommentare: Once I got to know it, it was awesome to work with. You can set it up and customize it to meet whatever needs you have.

What is not to like? It has every bell and whistle you could think of. Different formats. different views, different ways to accomplish what you want to do. Tons of tutorials and videos available to use this software.

Can be very intimidating when you first start using it. There is a huge learning curve and you can quickly end up spend more time messing with it instead of writing.

Bill O.
Small Business Owner in USA
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Might have outgrown me!

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I have a love/hate relationship with it now. It does everything I need it to, but so - too much - more.

It offers several features that assist a writer/author in producing a manuscript, either for print or epub.

It is now so feature-rich that I have a hard time writing but instead, I am maneuvering through the software.

Jeremy B.
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

If You're a Writer and You Don't Have Scrivener, Why?

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Scrivener is one of those unicorn programs that's too hard to learn, even harder to master, and somehow still manages to be impossible to live without, even when programs with more specialized abilities come along and TRY to oust it. It's the kind of program that reminds you why you wish you'd become a dentist instead of a writer. Incredibly useful and occasionally frustrating and the one program no writer should be without (especially if they love a challenge).

Scrivener has many jobs, but it also has one job: Give the writer a central place for all of his project's components. Need a place to outline? Organize ideas? Store research? Write the draft? Label your nutty ideas? Comment on your nutty ideas? Export everything into a manuscript without corrupting it with nutty ideas? Track your word count? Customize your needs? Scrivener does it all. And it does for one low price. It also integrates well with the writing workflow, regardless of whether the writer uses Scrivener for everything or just some things. I personally find it useful for organizing the scenes I've already written, just in case it turns out I've forgotten something important along the way. Scrivener makes documenting the success and failure of a scene easy.

My complaint is probably the same as any one else's complaint: It has more features than I know what to do with. The cost of the courses designed to teach users how to use the software are often FAR more expensive than the software itself, and without those courses, it's hard to figure out how to use it effectively. Exporting to manuscript is not at all intuitive, even when you know what you're doing. It's probably more effective to write and plan within Scrivener, then copy/paste to another program for exporting. It doesn't have any visualization features. Sometimes graphs speak louder than synopses.

Janne G.
CEO in Finnland
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Amazing Software for "Re-writers"

Kommentare: Getting a software of this level for writing an essay or a blog post is an overkill. But anyone who is dealing with writing thousands and thousands of words that are at some point supposed to make a coherent whole, are likely to encounter blocks along the way that will just end up feeling overwhelmed. Writing is ultimately about re-writing, writing drafts fast and then writing even better drafts, and being a good editor when it is time to take a more critical look at your work and "to kill your darlings" as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] calls it. Scrivener makes this process easier. It's suitable for people who write for a living or create so much written content that at some point in their lives they have read a style manual to become better at what they do. It may be once-in-a-lifetime project such as a thesis or a writing career, but if you are writing longer texts (and preferably are a Mac user), this is a software to check out.

Scrivener can be a great choice for those of us who are always unhappy with their writing and churn out draft after draft, rearrange paragraphs endlessly, outline meticulously, and are just get too obsessive-compulsive about the quality of their work. It simply helps to produce better work faster and get over the so-called "writer's block," which is the too-often-result of perfectionism. The benefits of Scrivener are fairly simple. In many ways it's more comparable to OneNote than Microsoft Word as the user is not limited to a page view. Behind the screens, Scrivener stores text as simple RTF files that the user can splice and dice into smaller pieces of text like "notes" that can be arranged and rearranged as the user wants. But unlike in OneNote, the writer can view multiple "notes" at the same time, which makes it possible to view your work as a complete text. And to someone like me who gets distracted, easily, this simple feature was revolutionary. I could "eat my elephant" in very small chunks and hide the rest of the text but with a few clicks review the whole. Scrivener also has a very powerful outline view, which makes it very easy to visualize even whole book projects. It has a Kanban-like feature called corkboard that allows users to add descriptions to chapters or paragraphs in order to create a more coherent large text project. Writing statistics allow gamification and myriad custom metadata options enable bending the software to your personal writing habits.

I am a Windows user and Scrivener's team are clearly putting Mac users first. Scrivener 3.0's Mac version was made available in 2017 while Microsoft users are still in version 1.97. The latest version was initially promised to be ready for Windows users in late 2018, but after multiple delays it's now clear that the project is anything but a priority—which, sadly, made me eventually turn away from the software as for Windows users it's simply out of date with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Andrei P.
Andrei P.
Lead Game Developer in Rumänien
Computerspiele, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Hands on one of the best products for writers, be that plain content writing, scripting or for games

Kommentare: Scrivener is definitely the best software to use on an Apple device if you're serious about writing. The price of 53 euros (at the time of writing this review) might seem a bit much for upcoming writers but it's really worth it. It can be used for content writing and up to game design. No way Word could organize things as good as Scrivener. I'm just kinda sad the Windows version is so limited.

The program is probably the best software to use as a writer. It's being used in the industry for quite some time. It's great to track your progress, organize things such as research, references, maps, locations, etc. Compared to usual writing in other programs such as Word or OpenOffice, here you won't have to deal with distractions and with alt tabbing to check references in folders. Dark mode is a super great feature, really saves me some eye migraines. It has a lot of export options which makes very easy the porting of files for say, publishing on Amazon. Synchronization is top notch, you can start off on your computer and switch to your mobile device and back to the computer. It's using dropbox. Saves happen every few seconds so your work won't be lost if you have some technical difficulties.

The Windows version was lacking a lot compared to the Apple version last time I tried (2018). It's was painful to try it, quite sad actually. Syncing can be a bit troublesome since the program doesnt check if you closed the program before swapping to another device, however it saves the conflicting files. If you own an old Mac you cannot sync to your devices. You can upload and import them but it's a bit clunky.

Alina P.
Alina P.
Owner in Rumänien
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Best book drafting software out there

Kommentare: The moment I switched to Scrivener to draft my fiction books, I never looked back. It's perfect to outline, draft, and do an initial edit, and it saves every keystroke which was very important for me. I use it almost every day and I never considered switching to anything else.

Scrivener makes it easy to structure your project, it saves automatically whenever you type anything, and the word count per project and section make it easy to track your progress.

It seemed daunting at first, before I figured out which features would work for me. There's a lot in Scivener that you you can get lost into, but about 20% of the features are what make it great to work, the rest is just clutter to me.

Jan O.
researcher in USA
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Doing research with Scrivener

Kommentare: I am using it for collecting information for my research and writing drafts. It helps me to be better organised. However, its licensing terms and compatibility issues between Mac and Windows version are off-putting.

I do like many things in Scrivener. Even though it is meant mainly for writers, it has so many features and I am not using all of them. For me, it is usually the tool that I am often coming back to when I want to start some new research, collect information, store excerpts from secondary literature and write drafts. And it does it very well! I love especially the split view for documents and how easy it is to create new subdocuments and folders and move everything around. I love it. Also, it is great that one can add various icons to folders and documents. I also like a very generous trial version which allows you to use it for 30 non-consecutive days of use!

Firstly, it would be great if there would be just one personal license that I could use both on Mac and Windows. I bought the version 2 for Mac but I am still hesitating to put money into the Windows version. The reason is that it would not be just one-time purchase but I would have to do a similar thing with every major update (they are, however, rare). Another issue for users of multiple platforms is that Mac version 3 is currently not compatible with the stable Windows version 1, only with the beta version 3 for Windows (there is no version 2 for Windows). And the beta version 3 is still not perfect and I experienced multiple (although smaller) issues with it. I perfectly understand that the team of Scrivener programmers is extremely small and that they are doing an unbelievable amount of work, however, this is still an issue for me and the waiting for the Windows version 3 is just long. There is iOS version but now Android version. (And yeas, Linux version would be also nice but it is probably essential.) Finally, there are a couple of minor complaints: - Handling of images could be much improved, especially their resizing is cumbersome. - Better integration of Scapple would be great. - Better compatibility between Windows and Mac version (hopefully it will be done with the final version of the Windows app) The main reason why I am not using Scrivener all the time is, in the end, its license and the lack of better mind mapping functions (like Scapple).

Virginia T.
Freelance Writer in USA

Scrivener, My Unpaid, but Super-powered Writer's Assistant

Kommentare: So many features that save time. I can access character and location profiles instantly. This is very important to me. I can import files from MS Word so that i can work further on them. I can format my manuscripts.

As a writer of fiction I have used MS Word for all of this century so far, until I came across Scrivener. After using Word for so many years it was a bit of a challenge to change to a new writing program. My writing habits were fully formed in Word, but there were features lacking in Word that I would have hoped would be there. For example instead of using the tried and true method of using index cards to set up scenes, Scrivener has a storyboard feature permitting a writer to examine and compare individual files on its ‘corkboard’. A far superior method than laying printed sheets on the table or floor to move them around and change the sequence of events, This works well for me because I can stop and write a scene that may come to mind is out of the story sequence without losing it forever. And, most importantly for me personally, I can save my knees from crawling around on the floor moving those awful index cards. I love the ability to write character profiles and back story, save them and access them whenever I need to enter info about their personality, wardrobe and other details. There is also the ability to keep scene/location profiles to access as needed. This keeps my story consistent in the fine points that the reader will remember and I might forget while writing. These features insure my credibility as a writer, and I like that. Scrivener is so much more than a word processor; it is my digital assistant who does not require a salary or benefits.

There is quite a learning curve. Patience is the virtue needed here. But it is well worth the effort.

Panagiotis K.
Founder & Managing Director in Griechenland
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The one tool you need for writing

Kommentare: Writing with all windows and tools open is as great as writing with the distraction-free mode. The level and types of organization makes it a breeze for me to write articles for my company's intranet, research papers, blogging articles, the 2 books that I'm working on and even my todo lists and general notes. The user interface is intuitive and I love the new dark mode in version 3. The way is handles metadata and internal document variables, allow me to create contracts that can change vendors and names fast and to ensure the quality of my writing stays within standards. The backup and shapshots features allow fro safety while working and the authoring environment is great when working on new documents and want to also compare or take data from old documents.

Scrivener is created for writers by writers. And when I say writers, I don't mean only the ones that write stories, scripts and books. I mean anyone that writes, from shopping lists and todo tasks to contracts, research papers and beyond. It allows for an outline organization of the document(s) like a binder, plus tagging and grouping of pages in various ways. Supports many other things like cork-boards, many levels of hierarchies and advanced output to many industry standard formats. It also support multimedia files to be saved within the project file and to be references from within you documents, perfect for research and citations. You can even download the mobile app and save your project files in Dropbox and have all your content everywhere synced and ready. I use it for everything written.

The developers haven't synchronized their production pipelines yet, so there are differences between the versions for Windows and MacOS. The Windows version follows closely but with delays. I don't mind that, I use the Windows version and the iOS app and they work perfectly ok. At the time of writing I also switched to the beta version 3 on Windows and it seems to work steady enough even for real work. In general there are no major concerns for me when it comes to working with Scrivener. I consider it a great product and a top notch tool.

Abigail N.
Abigail N.
Founder in Kenia
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

One of the best writing software out there

Kommentare: Overall my experience with Scrivener has been good, I try to stick to only the features I need and ignore the rest which is probably why I've yet to encounter any major issue.

-Easy to use: Scrivener is easy to use (If you ignore all the extra features you probably won't need), even better when you load/start it for the first time, it opens a tutorial of sorts that explains different parts of the software and how it's used. Scrivener is really popular so there are lots of tutorials online on how to use it. -Auto Save: Unlike Work with can autosave every minute (If you go to options>save>) Scrivener autosaves every few seconds so you'll rarely ever lose your work. I'm a bit paranoid and since I have Dropbox on my comp, I save my work to a folder on Dropbox so I always have a backup of sorts. -Easy to Outline/Plan your novel: One of the reasons I use Scrivener to write is because it allows me to outline my book and arrange it in handly folders. So I have a folder for characters, settings, research, outline, rough draft, final draft etc. Like Evernote, I can save a link for research for offline use. depending on the content of the link, it can be exported into a text which I can read instead of going online. -Word Count: I use Scrivener for Nanowrimo I set a goal of 50k words in 30 days and with Scrivener I can count the number of words per chapter/per day/ and how close I am to achieving my goal of 50k words. Technically I can use Scrivener to convert my manuscript into an ebook, but I don't use this feature.

- Exporting your manuscript into an ebook is complicated as hell. I watched three tutorials on YouTube and it still wasn't easy. -No Android App: I have Scrivener on my personal comp and work computer, and I have Dropbox on both computers so it's easy to write from home or work, but I'd also like to have a mobile app so I can write on the go. There's an IOS app but no Android app, I hope they work on that.

Joshua V.
Senior Copywriter in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Scrivener is the best word editor for copywriters, bloggers, authors, and solopreneurs

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The problem I'm using Scrivener to solve is I had a need to hold all of my writing work in one place for my business. I do not want to lose documents over time. I also use Scrivener to write more complex pieces of content such as Soap Opera Sequences, or books. When I open my Scrivener I see all of my projects going back from 2014, perfectly organized by folders. I open a project folder and see all of the word documents dedicated to that project. If I need to find something, I can easily search for it inside Scrivener and find it in no time.

What I like most about Scrivener is how easy it makes the process of writing something as complex as an entire book. Yet, it doesn't make the process of writing more simple documents any more difficult than using word. I've used scrivener to write dozens of Soap Opera Sequences (serialized drip email campaigns that use nested and open loops), sales letters, Instagram posts, proposals, and my first book. It's like using an enhanced version Microsoft Word , or Apple's Pages.

What I dislike most about the software is how the Microsoft version is a major update behind the Mac version. I wish they would release both versions within 3 months of each other. Right now I can't find a way to use emoji's in my writing on the Microsoft version. And that is a major letdown as using emojis is a very strong copywriting technique in 2021.

Social Media and Content Specialist in USA

Awesome for Organizing Big Creative Projects

Kommentare: I was trying to write a novel and needed a way to see the "big picture" of the plot without getting bogged down by sentences. Scrivener's features made it easy to focus on structure, which was a huge help!

I started using Scrivener two years ago, when I was working on a novel that had major issues with structure. Scrivener made it very easy to see the big picture and move scenes around to achieve a better arc and pace. I really like the ability to zoom out and view the "cork board" which mimics index cards on a wall, one for each scene or chapter. This let me look at the big picture and shift things around without getting bogged down in the pages. That kind of focus was essential to fixes the issues in my draft and getting it in decent shape! I also like the ability to split a screen, so I can view the scene I'm working on and another page, like an outline, on simultaneously.

There is a little bit of a learning curve and it took me about 5 or 6 hours to go through the tutorial and really get a hang of the software. Looking back, this was a very small investment of time considering how much time Scrivener has saved me over the years. In the moment, however, it felt like a bit of a drag and a time I could have spent actually writing. My advice: power through it!

Glen S.
Author in UK

Scrivener Was Made for Writers by Writers

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Scrivener is great for writing, not just novels, but non-fiction, blogs, social media posts etc, etc.
If you join a Scrivener group on Facebook, there are lots of people who will freely help for any problems, as well as the L&L website.

Scrivener has so many features, you will never get around to using them all. Dip in and use what you need to start with and when your Scrivener skills increase, you will use more features. It's the ability to organize work and let it flow around within a binder structure that makes writing so easy. You can write in small chunks and re-arrange it into the order you desire later. There is the facility to create synopsis, save research to Scrivener, create notes and lots more. Flags and progress can be attached to areas that you are working on to keep track of progress. Scrivener also syncs with ProWritingAid and Aeon Timeline, as well as Scrivener's sister product Scapple

There is a learning curve to Scrivener which can put some people off. The best practice is to download the trial version, which gives you 30 actual days of use. Then, read the Literature & Latte manual and watch the video before opening the program to get an overview of how it works. Then create a dummy project to learn from. Get used to the compile feature early, rather than waiting until the end of a piece of work.

Systems Engineer in Brasilien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Focus on the end result

Kommentare: My experience with Scrivener is great. Although it is difficult to set up the compilation to provide the document desired formatting, once it is done it can be reused time and again without worrying. The end result is guaranteed to fit the configuration. Great if you are copywriting to the same sources. All you need to focus is on the writing and then just hit the compile button to have a ready paper to send to the editors.

Scrivener allows the writers (technical writers, academic writers or novelists) to focus on the activity itself with or without previous planning and worry about the publishing result later. This greatly improves the writing process.

Configuring the document compilation to provide the desired end result is somewhat difficult and obscure, sometimes demanding a set of trials and errors to get that detail right.

Trudi C.
Writer in Neuseeland
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Makes writing a novel so much easier

Kommentare: It's easy to use, fairly intuitive, and it helps to break down a novel into manageable chunks. It makes the process flow more easily, and it can be used for plotting as well as writing the actual book. It takes away some of the overwhelm that you can feel when writing.

The best thing about scrivener is the way that you can visually organise the sections or chapters of your novel, so that you can easily skip between them. It breaks it down into manageable chunks and stops it from being so overwhelming. You can label different sections, you can write notes next to the chapters, so you can see what you were planning to write, or what you want to achieve each scene, plus you can put in photos to help you remember what characters or settings looked like. It allows you to have the entire plotting/planning/organisation you need for a novel in one place.

It doesn't work as well in a PC environment. I love it on my MAC, and I tried to help a friend with a PC use it, and I couldn't figure it out.

Marketing Consultant in USA
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Solid Writing Software

Kommentare: Scrivener has been amazing for not only my book writing projects, but even everyday planning. It wasn't designed to be used as a planner, but it fits that need just fine for me. I like to keep my ideas in one place and Scrivener allows me to do that.

Simplicity is key with Scrivener. There's a million tools out there that can make keeping track of your writing complicated, but scrivener focuses on keeping it simple and streamlined. I write books with it, but I also use it as a place to store my ideas, to do's and other things related to my business. It's easy to drag and drop separate files to different places as needed.

Compiling books can be a minor nightmare. Some of the settings are confusing when it comes time to compile all of your files into one document. The only reason this isn't a huge deal is because you'll only do it once or twice with a book or document, not every day. My only other 'complaint' would be that its local only, no cloud saves or accessing it from another computer. That's not the end of the world, just something to be aware of.

Senior Business Systems Analyst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Extremely powerful software for novel-writing

Kommentare: It's great for tracking daily word counts, as well as setting daily/project word goals. The ease of use is extremely handy, and it formats projects in such a way to keep all my outlines, notes, images, etc. all in one place. I'll never use another writing software again.

What I love about Scrivener is that it molds to the user. If a user is a lightweight when it comes to technology, they can still use the software to meet their needs. But if the user expands to use the software to its full capabilities, they won't need to utilize other software to complete projects and export solid-looking books.

The Kindle plugin is buggy. A lot of times I have to export my books to an ePub file, then use 3rd party software to convert the file to mobi.