The only room booking tablet an idiot like me could implement

Joshua H.
Head of Product

Kommentare: For a small business without an IT team, for a company that doesn't want to provide power outside every conference room, or for companies of any size who care more about something that is simple to buy, setup and maintain, I heartily recommend Joan. The value is incredible.

Vorteile: The best thing about Joan is the hardware. Unlike every other tablet-based solution, I can mount them without wiring and they only need to be charged every week or two. The software itself is a little annoying to set up (and the desktop software is wonky) but we're seeing great compliance among our employees. At the end of the day, that's all that really matters.

Nachteile: While the setup was something I could handle myself (I'm not some IT wizard, I'm just the product manager tasked with getting office technology working) the process was a little complicated. The desktop software necessary to configure Wifi on the tablets looks old and sometimes crashes/freezes. The website is a bit tricky, too. But this is small compared to the fact that *I was actually able to set this up*.

Awesome way to manage your meeting resources

Artur W.
IT Engineer
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While having some troubles with initial setup help has been provided quickly and in very professional manner. Can't praise their support team enough. From admin perspective, all integrations are done in few simple steps. From user perspective it is simple and almost invisible (we integrated Joan with GSuite calendar system). Recently provided Slack bot just added another layer of functionality for them as well.
Admin panel on VM (we host on premises) provides sufficient and clear overview of the state of devices on the network.
In the end, this is clear and cost effective solution to manage your meeting space.

Vorteile: Once setup properly, it is almost zero maintenance if you wish. My users found it easy to use, slack integration works great. It is for years part of our office ecosystem.

Nachteile: That it can't be totally hosted on premises, there are still parts that require setting up outside of our infrastructure.

Dear Artur!

Thank you for your kind feedback and great review! Thanks to your feedback we'll improve Joan even more.

Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

P.S. I'll make sure to give a shout out to our support agents! :)

Great alternative for meeting room management

Bewertet am 24.12.2019
David B.
Architektur & Planung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Joan has helped the organization make a better use of our scarce meeting rooms. Offering also a quick option to use the room if available, makes quick meetings happen in a smooth way. Now we are moving to a new office with more meeting rooms, and I will be buying more Joans.

Vorteile: I was looking for an easy to use and install meeting room management device/software. All that required an iPad or something that needs to be wired was not enough for me, as there was no electrical outlet nearby. When I saw the Joan I liked that it could run for almost a month with a single charge, so I decided to give it a try. I was amazed by its simple integration with Google Calendar, and how it helped make a better use of the meeting room, having a positive impact in our culture.

Nachteile: I had certain WiFi issues but I could solve them by sharing my logs to the support team.

Exact right product for the specific need

Jon R.
Head of Tech Strategy

Kommentare: When we moved into our new office ~2 years ago, I needed a solution that would allow for integrated organization of our 14 or so meeting rooms with our existing tooling. I did not want to feel like I had to invest in a solution that would look terrible on a budget review 9 months later. The solution is cost friendly and simple. Implementation took from 6am-9am on a Tuesday. There aren't too many on prem device integrations that take 3 hours for a first-time user.

Vorteile: The Joan solution is what I look for whenever I'm selecting a solution or technology for our company or office. The solution delivers exactly what it is intended to. It doesn't try to win business with a longer feature set. It offers the features that match the need. There's no waste and no hollow features for the sake of competitive parity.

Nachteile: If I were being picky I would say that I would like to see the AI/Slack integration to evolve a bit. I'm unaware of integrations with smart speaker functionality but this would be a nice integration as well (which again may exist at this point).

Just okay

Bewertet am 11.1.2020
Clinical Assistant Professor of Ambulatory Care
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Just okay - will continue to use for the time-being, but if something better comes along, may change.

Vorteile: This program is used in our lab space in order to indicate to students when they are able to enter a particular room for their assessment to be recorded

Nachteile: While the software works as described, it tends to be rather "glitchy" and does not always perform as intended.

Best roomreservartion system ever

CTO
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: During our growth we encountered several issues with our meetingrooms. Double bookings, ghost meetings etc. Even while all users could check the room calendars they didn't. Having a physical, low maintance device with the current and next meetings right at the room is a huge improvement. Customers love to see the appointment on the Joan.

Vorteile: Easy to use, set it up and forget about it. It just runs. Just make sure the Joan gets charged once in a while and you don't have to do any maintance. The setup is maybe 15 minutes of work and even the advanced stuff is easy to setup.

Nachteile: Well it's not a huge deal but when setting up and configuring stuff (making test appointments and so on) it takes some time to see if everything is working. There is no realtime feedback, but thats in the nature of the product.

Dear Joan customer!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and review. We're thrilled to see that you set up Joan in 15 minutes, even the advanced features!

It just works!

Technical Support Admin
Lebensmittelproduktion, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Who's in the conference room? Who's got it booked next? That's the problem it solves. As our company grows the demand for space grows as well. Joan helps to keep our conference room experience efficient.

Vorteile: Setup was very easy for the on-prem server, not much configuration needed after spinning it up. The config to connect to Office 365 was well documented and easy as well. I've had this running since the end of 2016 and it's been one of the more solid systems of any technology I'm responsible for. Users love the visibility Joan provides. And I love the fact I get about a month of battery life.

Nachteile: There really isn't much not to like. It just works!

A nearly-perfect product

Steve R.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The displays are super-readable, and the fact that they are rechargeable is huge for us. Installing cabling to power them would have been prohibitively expensive. A charge lasts 3-4 weeks (some of them are not near WiFi hot spots so use more power attempting to connect--not a fault of the product).

Vorteile: I love that the JOAN displays are customizable, including being able to put our logo on them. The dashboard allows for a lot of settings, including defining hours when the office is closed so that the displays will go to sleep during that time. They work great with our Outlook calendars and Office 365.

Nachteile: There is really nothing to dislike. The dashboard is easy to navigate and the displays work as promised. They look great. Our only issue is that we are located next to a hotel with strong WiFi signals, and the devices closest to the hotel sometimes have a hard time locking onto OUR WiFi and display a "no signal" symbol.

Does the job well

Louis-philippe K.
Director of It
Unterhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It removed a lot of the confusion as to who had booked the room in Calendar.

Vorteile: Keeps its battery for long (2-3 months), no need to pass electricity in the wall.
Very low energy and network usage.
Very well integrated with G-Suite.
Joan Portal is well designed.
The devices are well built

Nachteile: Need very strong WiFi for the devices to be responsive.
If you choose to host the VM on prem, the visioconnect software cannot auto-update. The pricing for cloud could be more aggressive.

it works and its easy!

Dan G.
Director Information Technology
Architektur & Planung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Scheduling rooms - visual reminder of who has the room or resource scheduled, eliminates poachers and let's people schedule the room on the spot.

Vorteile: Super easy to use, setup and configure. Integrates with Exchange/Outlook and really helps with the scheduling of rooms and resources.

Nachteile: Nothing! I have not found anything I don't like about it.

Dear Dan!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and great review! :)

Super simple to setup!

Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Infrastructure

Kommentare: Excellent

Vorteile: Has ability to host the manager on premise to save cost on monthly fees. Devices have long battery life and just work! No issues at all so far!

Nachteile: Has lots of features but would love to see microsoft teams integration like slack

Easy calendar solution.

Noel F.
IT Manager
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Joan solution has been great since we implemented it on all our sites (50+ rooms). We were looking for a solution we didn't have to run power to, that had an easy and intuitive display, and provided some level of reporting for us to ensure our rooms were being utilized properly. The solution provides a customizable, low touch, simple solution that our users love.

Vorteile: Ease of use once setup. User friendly & intuitive. Low IT maintenance. Kind of like a HP printer, just configure it once, minimum maintenance, and it just works. Add features you want or keep it basic.

Nachteile: On prem setup was a bit involved, but once we had it figured out we were able to start standing up the devices. Would be nice to be able to bulk import and apply settings across groups within the import file. A user community page/site would be useful, not a lot of information available other then basic FAQ.

It just works

Dan S.
Network Manager
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great support and great product. It works.

Vorteile: It's simple. Setup and integration was easy. In fact it was so easy, a developer could even do it...

Nachteile: It was a zip file inside of another zip file. Little confusing at first.

Dear Dan,

thank you for your kind review and feedback. We try to make our products as simple and as easy to use as possible. Also, noted on the zip file comment, will bring it to the team.

Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead at Joan

Joan has improved our office

Brian B.
System Administrator III
Logistik & Lieferkette, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Joan has been great. We love the customization, ease of use, effectiveness, and look. When I contacted the Joan technical support team with a question about changing the wording on the device they were very quick to respond. I got answers and our device is even better now. The battery lasts forever, I rarely have to even think about the device. I just setup my calendar and the room is ready when I get there!

Vorteile: The software was so easy and intuitive. The initial setup was easy to follow along with. I was never left wondering what I was doing or why. Sycing it with our Office365 instance was not difficult.

Nachteile: It did take some technical know how, which I thankfully had. But an average user may have a bit of confusion about why they were taking certain steps.

Dear Brian,

thank you for your review and kind feedback! Happy to hear that you liked the setup process. It is one of the quickest in the industry and our aim is to make it completely seamless and easy in the very near future.

Great product

Bram F.
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: You can add custom logos and easily integrate with Google Calendar

Nachteile: Setup process is a bit difficult, resetting also a bit difficult

Dear Bram!

Thank you for your kind review and feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve the setup process and just in the last year, we brought it from 8 to 4 steps. It's feedback like yours that motivates us to push further and to create the simples meeting room booking solution on the market.

Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

No more arguing about a booked meeting room.

Bewertet am 7.2.2020
Business Development

Kommentare: By using Joan we have a clear view for the schedule of our meeting rooms. It saves us a hassle of walking around the office to check if something is booked or not.

Vorteile: Joan is really easy to work with, it gives a quick overview if a room is booked or not.
It is even possible to book a meeting immediately from the touch display.
By this was arguing about who a booked room does not have to happen anymore.

Nachteile: I think the battery is empty to quickly.
Also I notice sometimes that it does not book a room when clicking on book, however this only happened to me a few times in the past year.

Joan boards are a necessity with multipl eboardrooms

Christopher J.
Network Admin II
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Every time we have a vendor or outside customer come in to a conference room they comment on how amazing they are. The ability to book a room from Webex Teams enhances the ease of use on the fly.

Vorteile: It presents a professional and easy way to see at a glance if a room is booked.

Nachteile: Difficulty to customize at first. These issues were resolved quickly by support however

Makes people happy

Craig R.
CIO
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It makes my people happy, so I am happy!

Vorteile: It's intuitive to operate, and the result is a very polished-looking system that makes people happy.

Nachteile: It was a bit cumbersome to set up and support was not always great.

The most reliable solution - and cool

Federico P.
IT specialist
Maschinerie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great way to manage our rooms on-the-go. The best solution ever.

Vorteile: Battery life and e-ink display are a big plus, since it has been the only solution on the market able to not having us deploying more cables and whatever. Integration in G Suite is very nice.

Nachteile: The frame design choice could be a little more wide. Maybe some swappable (coloured) frames? Could be a great idea!
Also, when a meeting is already started, a button for extending the duration of the meeting would be useful. Often our meetings go overtime and users can't manage to log in G suite and extend the meeting's duration.
Like a "add 30 minutes" button poppin'up (if the room is free, of course) would be great.

Hi Federico!

Thanks for your kind review and great feedback and ideas! I'll make sure to pass them along to our product team. :)

Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Excellent product, very useful for our team

Daniel B.
Director of TechOps

Vorteile: Joan is a great product that was well thought out for small/medium sized businesses. Our team uses them daily to keep rooms reserved for meetings without overlap. Has definitely helped with conflicting schedules in our meeting rooms.

Nachteile: Could use a 'button' to reset the device.

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your kind review and feedback. Will make sure to bring your feedback up to our product team.

Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Best meeting room solution out there

John S.
CMO
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love the effect it has had on our company and our management of our meeting rooms. It’s simple to use, straightforward to get set up and solves a real problem in a busy workplace

Nachteile: Battery length could be better, but it’s still very strong

Accomplished it's mission perfectly

Bewertet am 7.3.2019
Dustin S.
Superintendent of Information Technology
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We deployed Joan for meeting room displays alongside a migration to G-Suite. So far, so good. The displays do what they claim to do, and that is showing meetings and allowing on-the-spot bookings, preventing double-bookings, etc. Staff love seeing the upcoming meetings and being able to manage their rooms from their office, rather than having to get up and post paper reservation sheets on each door.

Nachteile: The software is great, but the hardware... pretty expensive. These things are basically glorified 1st-gen Kindle tablets and they run almost $500 USD for the smallest, most limited option. The $1000 ones aren't even touchscreen, which boggles my mind. It made it very difficult to get the rollout approved.

Its a great product

Jesus M.
Ellucian Support Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's been very easy to implement

Vorteile: Financially accessible, expand-ability and its logic design.

Nachteile: I barely have minimum dislike. I would say adding more tools to schedule meetings. Like using the Siri functionalities on iPhone.

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for your kind review and feedback. New interesting integrations with powerful tools are on our Q1 roadmap so stay tuned!

Check out Joan

Renee O.
Administative
Buchhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Joan has made the conference rooms user friendly and this makes for smoother meetings.

Vorteile: Users can book their own conference rooms instead of always needing assistance

Nachteile: Pop up meetings do not show who is in attendance.

Dear Renee,

thank you for your kind review and feedback. I've noted your feedback about the pop up meetings and will take it to the team to discuss.

Best regards
Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team lead

Great addition to our office!

Jenifer L.
Executive Administrative Asst/Office Manager
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been great! It's a small addition but it made a huge impact to our office. Thanks!

Vorteile: It is user friendly. The setup process and putting up on the glass window at the conference room.

Nachteile: It does not display the Title of the meeting, just the organizer's name whom created the meeting.

Dear Jenifer!

Thank you for your kind feedback and review! About your comment listed under Cons, there is a simple solution for it in the Joan portal. You can simply turn on the option to display the Meeting Title on the devices. Here it how to do it: https://support.getjoan.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007403359-How-to-show-hide-the-meeting-subject-and-organizer-on-your-Joan-devices