Über Wowza Streaming Engine

Anpassbare Streaming-Server-Software für die Erstellung und Bereitstellung von professionellem Videostreaming in jeder Größenordnung.

Erfahre mehr über Wowza Streaming Engine

Control panel allows a detailed setup of all aspects that involve a live broadcast. Fast and easy integration through API.

Bewertungen zu Wowza Streaming Engine

3,9
4,0

Wowza Streaming Engine hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 39 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Wowza Streaming Engine bereits verwendet?

Wojciech D.
Wojciech D.
CEO in Finnland
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Nadaje Broadcasting recommends Wowza Streaming Engine

Kommentare: Nadaje Broadcasting use Wowza to stream in multiple use cases: RTMP to HLS/DASH; RTSP to HLS/DASH; Secure token streaming with CDN - protected internal corporate streaming; Transcoding to lower quality to cover all devices. All this makes Wowza very flexible software and Nadaje Broadcasting's main video streaming software partner.

The most impactful features are transcoding and HLS/DASH web streaming. The software was easy to integrate and operate via the API and integration is stable while upgrading. Our company use Wowza Streaming Engine for over 10 years!

Additional charges for support and a bit heavy memory usage in some use cases. Also logging was not possible per a vhost.

Robert T.
Lead Developer in USA

Using Wowza to stream to .NET console application over HTTPS

Kommentare: We have customers that are requesting a level of security that requires all documents and files, including videos, to be transported over HTTPS. We could copy and cache the videos on each user's machine, but it is far more efficient to be able to use a streaming video server to stream the videos over HTTPS and Wowza enables us to do this.

It was very easy to set up and use the streaming engine. It supports a wide variety of formats. It is capable of doing everything we need it to do and much, much more. The documentation was, for the most part, very clear and easy to follow, and the support staff that I contacted were very responsive and helpful.

As stated, the documentation was helpful, clear, and easy to follow, for the most part. I realize that our use case was an edge case as compared to the standard Wowza user, and that learning how to set up https/SSL/Streamlock, creating certificates, etc. does not actually have anything to do with Wowza software per se. However, their documentation in this regard was a big sparse and I had to supplement this with additional research. The stated requirement and references to OpenSSL was particularly confusing, because this piece of software was not required to do what I needed. I am unsure why half of the references say to use the Java keytool to create certificates, and other references state a requirement for OpenSSL to perform actions for which the keytool is definitely capable. Additionally, there was some confusion regarding the format of the URL to get the videos to successfully play over HTTPS. The format that the support team sent me did not work. However, by thoroughly reviewing the software in order to fully document my case for further support, I was able to come up with a format that did function. The fact that all these link formats should in fact point to the same place and perform the same function, but that only one actually worked, is probably my biggest, and really only, complaint with the software.

Brian F.
System Engineer in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Worst software ever

Kommentare: My experience has been horrible. I have not had a single positive interaction with the software or the support staff. I was hired at my current company and no one had administered this software that was left at the company. All but one of the active live streams all broke on the same day and I have been trying to get any of them to work again. I have submitted multiple tickets with Wowza and have been given no assistance. They send me pre bottled scripted answers to questions I did not ask then ask me for information about the topography of the internet. I will say that again, I am told by the support team that they can not assist me because I can not give detailed information on all hops and network between my wowza streaming server in our DMZ and the client computers failing to stream files from somewhere out on the internet. I have tried talking to them to get past this, but they just close the ticket on me. I have had one technician reply after the initial response email was sent out before they too closed the ticket. None of them giving me answers. I have followed the guides that they have on their website with multiple other engineers at my company and we have not been able to get a single stream to work. From what I have seen this is the worst software I have ever tried to use that was considered complete and on the market.

I liked the IDEA of what this software could accomplish, but it barely functions at that.

Everything from the interface and where things are to configure streaming to the capabilities of it streaming.

Dennis J.
President in USA
Sport, Selbstständig

Wowza Streaming Engine is the heart of our business

Kommentare: Overall, our experience has been extremely good. We run two servers that are load balanced and the primary also is linked to a third party CDN. Without the CDN, we can comfortably stream HD to over 300 viewers and with the CDN enabled, there is no limit. The Wowza Streaming Engine is more tolerant of of venue origin streams than many other services and that is extremely important.

Wowza Streaming Engine dependably delivers our live sports webcasts. The compatibility with our JW Player is perfect and the live DVR allows fans and statisticians to go back and review plays. The system is well understood by most web developers, it is very full featured and the license fees are affordable when deployed on our own equipment.

Deficiencies, in my opinion, are the complexities of storing separate files for each ABR resolution and automating a system to create SMIL files for on-demand playback. A single file with all resolutions would be very preferable. There is no function within Wowza to accept an uploaded file and translate it into usable frame aligned files for on-demand playback. We have to use an unauthorized file naming plug-in in order to automate our playlist and SMIL file creation.

Jennifer N.
multimedia producer in USA
Rundfunkmedien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Streaming software for just about anyone

Kommentare: We have found Wowza to be a great company to work with. Even though we use the tiniest fraction of the tools and services that Wowza offers, we get great customer service and attentive help whenever needed. We feel like we are important clients, even though we are nowhere near their largest client.

As a government TV station broadcasting council meetings and live press conferences to the public, the reliability of our 24/7 live stream is number one priority. But, our live stream is just a small fraction of the services we provide and we don't have time for a product that needs full time handholding. Wowza has been a consistently steady friend in this endeavor. Plus, we also love being able to route the stream to as many places as we need to.

Setting up a new stream involves a lot of options and settings that, when we were brand new to the tool, were confusing and somewhat tedious. We had to document the settings we wanted and referred to that documentation for a long time before we had it down. A more streamlined set up, perhaps even with a 'copy from previous event' would go a long way in making the tool easier to use.

Sean W.
Software Developer in USA
E-Learning, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Wowza Streaming from a 2nd-generation admin

Kommentare: Having inherited the administrative duties and development/implementation of the Wowza Streaming Engine from my predecessor, it's been an interesting experience. The interface came across as a little daunting, with terminology I didn't recognize, at first, however; after quite a bit of homework, I feel quite comfortable with the system now. I went through the process of installing, configuring, and updating a secondary trial version on one of our internal testing servers to learn more about the system. Overall, the experience of working with the Wowza Streaming Engine has pleasant.

Most of the features of the Wowza streaming engine are extremely easy to use; Streamlock, creating/updating VOD applications, and configuring server setting (e.g. media cache) to name a few. The analytics tools are also extremely useful for reading usage over time, as well as identifying moments in time when the server(s) started experiencing issues, making any necessary debugging less time-consuming.

Sometimes the bugs are extremely difficult to debug. We had a recurring issue where the server would suddenly become unresponsive. There was never really any clear indication why it was hanging, nor was there any sense of cause. It seemingly occurred at random points of the day without any clear cause. Restarting would quickly fix it, but it was still a frustrating system-interruption. Customer Service made this issue easier to manage.[SENSITIVE CONTENT] were all extremely helpful. After updating to a newer version the issue appears to have been alleviated (though it did still occur once last month).

Gagan G.
Manager in Indien
Rundfunkmedien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The WOW factor in Wowza Streaming Engine

Super smooth effortless and simple installaton, amazing flexibility with different OS, minimum computing requirements, Wide & vast Streaming input and output options , Scalability without disturbing existing workflow, seamless harmony for low to high load needs , indepth forums for help , intelligent engine that understand your needs at ease and delivers in abundance .

Miss the turnkey options like raw wireframes for key verticals like VOD pages with options of brand logo etc , video mixing , native features like screen grabber & streamer , video or GIF overlays . Expected option of Whitelabel or Blacklist feature for IP on the fly, transcoder control via infographcis as a rolling window menu, a more iteractive menu window with complete controls on stream IO page or Test page itself could be a boon for users.

CTO in Ungarn
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A versatile and flexible streaming solution

High number of ingress protocol compatiblity, modularity.

Transcoding quality cannot be compared to libx264, required too high datarates compared to quality. Transcoding resource requirement is high.

Carlos H.
Carlos H.
TECNICO DE SISTEMAS in Spanien
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A good software for sending your video streamings to third-parts

Kommentare: I have solved the viewing of cameras which make the connection using 4G allowing to me to save and resend the video to another departments witouth lossing quality.

The software is very easy to use , you need the minimun time for making the installation and put the settings for testing it. You dont need to have specifical skills or an special enviroment.

the documentation is very hard to understand, specially if you need to make addons to the software like customizing the website or offering a good front-end to other customers. In additiont to that, I dont see a policy of profiles with restricitions for giving your streamings. You could have clients connections which need 100% of the videos using passwords and another free connections.

Anna W.
Anna W.
Dance I Say in Polen
Musik, Selbstständig

Wow streeming video

5 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Trying to make a income.

Easy way's to make money.Support charity.

Could invest in more games and funny video's

Brian D.
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Powered by Wowza

Kommentare: We were able to customize the software using their catalog of RestAPI endpoints in conjunction with custom Wowza Modules to deliver a customized, end-to-end streaming solution used by countless organizations worldwide.

Wowza Media Server and eventually Wowza Streaming Engine were game changers for our organizations. Prior to finding Wowza, our live streaming solution was a compilation of several vendors. We were able to customize the software using their catalog of RestAPI endpoints in conjunction with custom Wowza Modules to deliver a customized, end-to-end streaming solution used by countless organizations worldwide.

The java-based software is a bit heavy on system resources as compared to non-java solutions, but it's certainly manageable.

Tyler F.
CEO in USA

High in reliability and flexibility

We have Wowza running 24/7/365 within our streaming platform and it has remained rock solid throughout, with minimal issues or errors. Setup is straightforward and offers a high degree of flexibility - you can build almost anything streaming related on top of it. Outstanding feature set. We have also appreciated the continual improvements and updates made to the product over time.

It takes a substantial amount of technical expertise to get anything but the simplest streaming workflows up and running. This is not a problem for us, as our team has a high level of technical knowledge, but I imagine it could cause an issue for some organizations.

Rob T.
CTO in UK

Wowza - our customers love it!

Wowza has been the number one streaming software pretty much since it was introduced to the market. We have OEM’ed Wowza into our product for many years now & its always stood up to any challenges we have thrown at it. I have personal connections to many of the Wowza team & they have done well to keep a personal touch even when scaling their business

Some of Wowza’s features can be a little fiddly to set up & configure for non techs, however that creates opportunities for companies like ours who have created a UI that makes it easier to use

Mike N.
CEO in USA

High Reliability & Scalability. Great Value.

Kommentare: It has been a very positive experience. Use the product every day and have not had any issues.

The Wowza Streaming Engine is supported by our commercial webcasting products because we have found it incredibly reliable, easy to deploy, and efficient in its ability to handle load. As we tested the server at scale, we were pleased to see how cost effectively we could scale, if necessary, to meet our customers' requirements.

It does everything we need it to at this point.

David K.
VP Marketing in Kanada
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Feature rich, reliable and well supported

Kommentare: We integrated our hardware encoders with the Wowza Streaming Engine to enable a simple workflow for customers to get live streaming quickly and easily. Wowza provides all of the features our customers require to securely distribute video both inside their company and out in a way that is friendly to the viewers and their IT network.

Very feature rich and rock solid reliable performance. These guys know streaming better than anyone. It is a very popular product so knowledge and experience gained with it is very transferable. They also have a great team of folks to help you out if you need it.

There's really nothing not to like about it. It's relatively intuitive to use and does everything our customers need.

Brandt B.
Systems Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Exceptional Support and community

We found wowza to be easy to use, and implement with a versatile solutions across the board. Support is available at all levels of care and they have an exceptional engineering team to pull from. Well documented and enthusiastic community - 10/10

there were some unforeseen issues between updates but this was mostly due to not following release details.

Sujoy S.
Senior Digital Production Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Newtek MS1 Wowza Streaming Engines

Kommentare: Good boxes when the work. If you can fix the random stopping. It would be a perfect box for a 24/7 operation. If not, I could not recommend it to anyone who needs a reliable streaming system.

Easy to use, very nice quality and easy to maintain

Streaming stops randomly. Unknown reason. Sometimes it runs for weeks, then stops randomly. Newtek gave me software updates, beta software etc.. none have given me a 99.99% up time. I have remote in on weekends and holidays, and after hours just to check if the streaming is running. I think the reason it keeps on stopping maybe due to the constant nagging of the Microsoft Update popup. Don't know. Or it loses it's license information randomly. Who knows. But THIS HAS TO BE FIXED.

Janet S.
Web programmer in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Wowza

Kommentare: Again it was great for many reasons like the ease of live streaming and the initial setup.

I really liked the ease of use and the easy setup. I found all of the video codecs really frustrating and Wowza cleared all that up. As well it made setting up a live stream through our ip camera very simple which was a relief.

I really found the support documents confusind and hard to follow. When we did run into an issue with CORS headers there seemed to be no straight forward answer with out paid support.

Roman K.
Software Developer in Lettland

Great and powerful streaming server

Kommentare: The WSE is truly amazing, easy to set up and works with. The support that the company provides is fast, polite and always on point

Easy to set up, powerful, great support.

It is sometimes hard to release new modules for different versions because of different Java version support, but not a deal-breaker.

Erik R.
Sr. Prinicpal Solutions Architect in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best deal on market.

Kommentare: In a nutshell, automated recording of meetings leveraging an auto dial and recon basest on dialed number.

If you are looking for simple straightforward recording, this is it. Compared to others this product has feature parody and is a simple setup. Very flexible with easy integration to solutions such as Pexip. Documents on is very good and easy to follow. I assume it can do much more that I am using it for, however I just wanted a simple solution- A goal which it easily meets.

I which it has more wizard functionality and tie ins to have a span equivalent of recording rather than using a tap, or span to achieve.

Richard L.
Richard L.
Production Director in UK

Support is really long and troublesome

Kommentare: I've used Wowza for ten years and tbh my recent experience of support is poor. Its always been slow and not great but recently we've been trying to implement a server for nearly 3 months with out of the box features not working properly. Support is slow, they don't respond fully, they will only deal with one issue at a time and they miss the point a lot. It's not a great experience and all Wowza say about it is spend £2k with us and we will do it for you - well that misses the point that the support is just not up to standard at the moment and hasn't been for quite some time now (months).

Some features if you can get them working

Difficult to setup, lots of things are very different in implementation than on help articles

Shobana C.
Shobana C.
Senior Web Developer in Indien

Wonderful product

Wowza streaming Engine easy to integrate More documents available

Price is Little bit more Please reduce the price

Systems Developer in Brasilien
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Live streams to any audience

Kommentare: The solution enabled safe and reliable live streams.

The plans are not always adequate for the company's needs. The cost can make the choice of the product unfeasible.

Backend Engineering Intern in Indien
Programmentwicklung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Wowza live streaming review

Kommentare: We use it to stream in our game the stream is good just it lags a lot but overall good experiance

Streams are available in many formats and globally available service .Service is good in Mumbai

Laggy stream upto 15 seconds lag.And noise disturbance can be made little less.

Maddy P.
Student in Australien
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

HLS VoD Server

Kommentare: Very positive. The ease of setting up a server and the extensive online tutorials aided me greatly.

Very fast and helpful customer service. In addition to this there is a plethora of online documentation recording specific use cases.

The Julien resources were hard to filter through. With the help of the online customer service I was able to find what I was looking for.