Filtern nach:

Über Stack Overflow for Teams

Stack Overflow for Teams ist eine private, sichere Plattform für alle Fragen und Antworten deines Teams.

Erfahre mehr über Stack Overflow for Teams

Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.
Software Engineer in USA

Teams is a private

Kommentare: Our experience has been extremely positive. We have seen quick adoption and everyone appreciates the answers and questions that we are currently using it for. It has turned into our primary internal knowledge base. I am also very satisfied with their outreach to active users during the development of new features.

I really like how Stack Exchange took the highly successful Q&A format of Stack Overflow and brought it to teams via Stack Overflow Teams. It works well for our company because everyone is already familiar with finding the answers to their questions on Stack Overflow and many of our employees are contributors (as answerers) as well. It has encouraged our employees to contribute high-quality questions and answers to help others with similar questions in the future. The long format also encourage answers with rich content such as images and external links.

Stack Overflow Teams is still undergoing active development. For example, Slack integration (a way to encourage internal adoption) was a little slow to arrive (but it's here now!). During this development period, you just have to be patient. Thankfully, Stack Exchange has a great team that values their users' feedback so the awaited features they ship will definitely meet your needs and if they don't, they want to hear about it.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for sharing your experience using Teams! Glad to hear that you've had a positive experience so far. If you have any feedback you'd like to share about the features or integrations of Teams, you can email: bdevine@stackoverflow.com.

Aj C.
Aj C.
Project Support in USA
Grafikdesign, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

It has Helped Speed Up Web Development

Kommentare: It has been very beneficial for newer employees with limited HTML and Javascript experience

What our office has benefited most from with Stack is for our more graphic employees that don't know so much about javascript. As a graphic design firm, all of our employees are well versed in Adobe suite and digital design. However, sometimes projects call for implementing these designs with animation through Javascript - when employees don't know where to turn to we always used GITs from Stack.

The interface is definitely difficult to understand for people who have never used it before - once GIT is understood and how to push and pull repositories, it certainly becomes much easier.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Hi Aj, Thanks for your review. It's great to hear that Stack Overflow for Teams is helping new employees get up to speed. Let us know if we can be of help to you all.

Dimitri S.
Dimitri S.
Community member in Niederlande

A informatational, but cluttered place for code.

Kommentare: Stackoverflow is our go-to issue resolving tool in regards to bugs and not knowing how to do things in code. And more often the only source of good information in regards to specific bugs. Even though quite a bit of the entries are dated.

The amount of information available in regards to programming issues is very nice. This helps a ton in development, and helps preventing having to reinvent the wheel all the time. The indepth-ness of said information is usually quite high, allowing for people to easier understand future/similar problems from that point on wards.

The elitist feel it often gives, which makes it fairly hard to get into the product. However, once you reach a point of understand why, the point of the product has also reached you.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Dimitri! Our team is actively working to make the product feel more inclusive and easier to use for new Stack Overflow users.

Haya S.
Front-end developer in Saudi-Arabien
Computerspiele, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

the website that every developer should use

Kommentare: overall, I've never met any developer that hasn't used stack overflow and all of them have a positive view of this website and it's so helpful for every programmer

I can find everything about development on this website, while I'm coding and I face any problem I go search on google how to fix the problem and the first website that comes is stack overflow and it helps me so much and save me a lot of time

Sometimes I find people repeating the same answer more than once and this annoys me when I try to find different solutions

Data Scientist in Armenien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

The best useful app for organization and not only.

Kommentare: I become to experience as a data scientist for almost 2 years now, and to be honest stack overflow had it's great impact on my career. I initially was using the web version which is available for everyone and when we started to use it in team it felt so familiar :))

I like that it can be also integrated with slack, so the working process is more organized. to me the search options seems working better than the web one.

We also have an internal wiki, and before stack overflow our team was used to ask questions directly in slack, so it is a bit hard to get used to it in the beginning.

Hamza M.
Software Engineer in Pakistan
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

A Collective Informational Place for the entire Organziation

A Place that solved almost every problem we faced every day, a big community posting, and helping people is the best thing. The sheer fact that anybody can post answers and provide solutions is such a life and time saver for everyone.

Sometimes I see some duplicate answers and that really confuses me, they should have a flag system to avoid duplicate answers and Teams doesn't have the same integrations as Slack I think if this gets fixed it would make it even more exciting to use.

Sarath R.
Sarath R.
Automation Test Engineer in Indien
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Good helping and clarifying doubts(nice articals)

Kommentare: i recommended this tool overall any doubt s

when ever i have doubt about coding using this articals Fully supporting and clarified

i think there is no dislikes about this tool very good aritcals and more than two answers is available

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for your review, Sarath.

Amr H.
technical lead in Ägypten

iam happy by using Stack Overflow for Teams

any developer from us must use this :) :)

nothing anything I am searching for will have an answer to this wonderful site

George S.
George S.
Solutions Architect in USA
Telekommunikation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Good Resource; Product finding its way

Kommentare: I love Stack Overflow and I love their ethic. I continue to hold out hope that if anyone can solve the thorny problem of cataloguing and documenting software development and making it actionable to stakeholders; they can.

Stack Overflow has solved many previous hard problems - Finding relevant content - Making authorship of Q & A easy and targetted

- It still feels like a bolt-on to the Q & A. - It presupposes that useful documentation takes the form of Q & A - In an enterprise; I can't add 'yet another' way to document things. We have five currently; and I can't get Q & A to be 6 (Google Site Wiki; Google Docs; Gitlab Wikis; Gitlab git repos; JIRA)

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for sharing your feedback, George! We're actively working on ways to integration Stack Overflow for Teams into your existing workflows with other tools - our hope it that eventually it will replace things like wikis and outdated documentation.

Peter R.
IT Manager in USA
Vermögensverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Stack Overflow for information sharing

Kommentare: I initially used the internet based Stack Overflow for help with my python projects. With the Teams version, organizations can use this platform for knowledge capture and sharing. It has great search capability, and allows, overtime, for the most quality answers to be upvoted for better visibility.

The ability for anyone in an organization to pose a question, and for others to answer the question, with the ability for others to essentially rate the quality of answers is the most important and useful feature.

I think a robust integration capability with SLACK would be very useful. Currently, SLACK is widely adopted and many post these types of questions and answers. But SLACK users have the behavior to post the same or similar questions due to its format as a messaging platform.

Charles S.
Control Engineer in USA
Industrieautomation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Almost Perfect

Kommentare: I can kind of get with the idea that we're not supposed to post resources to Stack Overflow, but then I kind of also wish that there were some kind of a "curated" Stack Overflow, where it would be possible for "knowledgeable persons" (by reputation I'm sure) to accumulate "classic" questions and answers in a set of community references, especially such that you could see and easily browse related questions. I'm realizing now that this doesn't exactly address the "overall experience" I've had with SO, but I guess my point is that it can be kind of a pain to find quality related questions when I'm trying to find answers. Google results seem to be the way to go (because tags are generally far too superficial to be of much use), but then Google seems to optimize based on "famous" questions and really new questions, and I find the Google results keep regurgitating the same half-dozen or so questions (some results link the question, some results link the best answer, some results link the accepted answer, etc.). I've got more to say about this, but I feel like I'm digressing, so I'll just leave this comment as-is.

First, let me be clear that it's not clear to me if this is about Stack Overflow or about Stack Overflow for Teams, the latter of which is what brought me to this survey. The survey here in particular says to write a review for "Stack Overflow" (not for Teams), so I'll say this: Somewhere on Stack Overflow is nearly every part of every program I've ever written. It's an absolutely indispensable resource for every programmer.

I'm a Stack Overflow user and a Stack Exchange moderator. The most frustrating aspect of the site(s) is that the original asker is the only one that gets to pick the correct answer. OP's choice of answers gets pushed to the top regardless of community votes, and the question will be continuously bumped to the front page if the OP never picks an answer. I wish there were something like a "community accepted" answer, or a "de facto best answer" in the events where a question has been open for X days and has an answer with a score of Y but no accepted answers, or in the event where the top scored answer exceeds the score of the accepted answer by some magic ratio.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for sharing your feedback about Teams, Charles! Our user research team would love to know more about how you think we can improve the product. Feel free to reach out to beth@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts!

Owen J.
Project Director in UK

4* - useful as a knowledge base

Kommentare: My team maintains an open-source project that revolves around Stack Overflow and the Stack Exchange network. We use Teams primarily as a knowledge base and support hub, which has allowed us to move away from using GitHub issues and wikis for these purposes to a much more appropriate format. Teams also has the benefit for us of being directly integrated into Stack Overflow, where we're all already working, so all our content is right there when it's needed.

Teams follows the same Q&A pattern used on Stack Overflow itself, which many developers will already be familiar with. The Q&A pattern also makes it an excellent tool for knowledge bases, which is how my team uses it - instead of writing The One True Help Article for each KB topic, asking a question for it allows the whole team to collaborate in sharing the nuances they've picked up but wouldn't otherwise have an easy way to share.

Teams doesn't come with the same moderation tools that Stack Overflow itself does. While that's probably not a problem for companies (rule infractions or misconduct can be handled through HR's disciplinary procedures), it may make it not as suited to less formal teams such as those maintaining open-source projects. These projects often require more moderation than a company's use-case would do, which Teams lacks proper support for.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Owen! We definitely hear your concern about moderation tools, and will keep that in mind as we continue to develop the product.

Product Manager in UK

Your own personal Stack Overflow

Kommentare: Especially in development teams, there's a lot of information silos - this software helps to break down these barriers and have a single place for all of the documentation relating to your product.

If you're part of the tech world, you've almost certainly come across Stack Overflow. I use the site on a regular basis and was thrilled to find that they were creating a version that I could use for my own purposes. The UI is intuitive and easy to use and when coupled with the quality/voting system, this becomes a powerful tool for storing all of your key business information in a single place. Questions which are asked over and over again will be a thing of the past. It also features some useful moderation tools to ensure that your Team stays on track. Various different notification options also let you tailor what you hear about and how whilst integrating seamlessly into Stack Overflow.

It is missing a few of the useful features for managing content quality that Stack Overflow has. The flagging controls and reviewing are missed.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for sharing your experience using Stack Overflow for Teams! We'd love to know more about the useful features you think it's missing. Feel free to email our user research team at beth@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts!

AWS Developer( works for Coca-cola Company) in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great knowledge base for organization.

Kommentare: Best documentation software that helps organization to document Question and Answers.

I am very big fan of Stack overflow it started helping from my education and continuing now in my organization. Stack overflow for team is a great knowledge base , when you have some question but that was answered by other colleague long back, all is document and easily we can search about information. I can say it is wiki for organization.

Really no negatives, But there are sometimes i can see duplicate questions, i think they can improve to detecting duplicate question while posting question or creating thread.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for the review. We're glad Stack Overflow for Teams is helpful for your organization! We'll be sure to relay your feedback regarding improved duplicate question detection.

Vinuta P.
Vinuta P.
Software Development Engineer III in Indien
Konsumgüter, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Just brilliant

Kommentare: Can't imagine how things would be without a forum like StackOverflow. There should be more and more developers contributing to make it a forum where it has answer to everything.

The whole idea was just awesome when I came to know about it. Needless to say it's the goto place for any solutions to an extent that StackOverflow answers are more easily comprehendible than going through official documentation. I can't imagine how would people get help and share solutions across without something like StackOverflow. The score system also motivates people to contribute more.

Cannot create tags until some points are gained but that is okay I feel since otherwise tons on random tags would be created.

iOS Developer in Indien

Good for developers when you are stuck

Kommentare: The same day i started programming the very same day i was aware with Stack Overflow. It is best for me. It helped me many times. And i am thankful for the team.

Stack overflow is good when you somewhere, Some of experts write the solution and best solution will be marked as green. You can also write your solutions and earned points. The best way for programmers to get out of the solution if somewhere stuck. It is good way to explore yourself plus to resolve someone else problem.

It is a gift for all the developers looking for the solution. So everything is good except the solutions which are less reliable and people give them negative marking.

Thanks for your review!

Associate Software Developer in Kanada
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best for sharing ideas and work among teams.

Kommentare: By discussing the customer problems among team and get it solved within time helps us to getting benefits.

It doesn’t matter where you work or what work you do, you always need some little help from your team members so this the best way to share your knowledge and ideas among your team members in private. You can tag a specific person for specific question. You can also give badges like who answered the most questions. It also helps in the growth of every individual. Good for analysis of all team members.

There are no cons for this application as it is secure and great to work within the team. Its a single sign in process.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams! We're happy to hear it's a helpful tool for your organization.

Student Researcher in Indien
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Stepping stone to development

Kommentare: There are some obstacles which get faced by all the programmers and rather than each one having to find a solution by themselves, this platform helps reduce the work and everyone can reuse the knowledge

One always gets stuck when setting up the development environment, or using a library. There is always something or the other that does not work and you have to take help from the internet. More often than not, you spend time searching through forums. Stackoverflow is the best Q/A platform to quickly find the answer to what you need. It helps categorize the answers and with teams, you can feel free to post doubts which are confidential and need to be kept within the company

Earlier teams did not have a free version, so it was imperative to buy before using. But now it offers first 10 users free. So you can easily try it out before buying

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for the glowing review. We appreciate your business!

Yishak A.
Founder & CEO in Äthiopien

Good

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: me and my team use this platform on a projects we work when we face problem, to gain some knowledge or help us get a solution. i realized a community this big helping each other is very important.

it is a product most developer goes to to share and learn. it is a big platform is very useful. on almost every project we do with my team we face a challenge and we turn to stack overflow, almost one person may have faced this problem and it will help us get some answers or get some guidance.

almost a lot of the same question are being posted so it makes it very hard sometimes to go through them and check. if the developers can limit posting the same question again that would make it very useful and easy to use and navigate.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for the review. We're glad Stack Overflow for Teams is helpful for your organization! We'll be sure to pass on your feedback regarding duplicate questions.

Product Manager in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Familiar collaboration with a few too many hurdles

Stack Overflow for Teams takes the existing Stack Overflow collaborative question and answer format and extends it to private development teams. The result is a private forum of your most asked and most needed questions, a living and breathing repository of tribal knowledge...as long as the team uses it. If you've used Stack Overflow, the features and management are identical to the public version.

The interface has not changed much to enable Teams, but that comes at a bit of a burden for administration. Features are not as isolated or intuitive as they could be, making it hard to separate personal and private Stack Overflow. Pricing is also at the high end for basic collaboration, although cheaper than alternatives like Confluence. Adoption is also a consideration. Stack Overflow for Teams faces the same adoption issues as all other collaboration tools, but does not offer much to drive users back into the tool.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams. We would love to hear more about your thoughts on ways to improve the products for admin purposes. Feel free to email our user research team at beth@stackoverflow.com and share your thoughts!

Peter T.
Programmer in USA
Informationsdienst, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

I love Stack Overflow

Kommentare: Very good, it has helped me become a better programmer and a professional one.

Getting answers to all my programming questions, having a place I can go where I know there are already answers.

I don't like it when there are unanswered questions to my problem that have seen almost no work done on them. I can't re-ask the question and the chances that the person asking the question in the first place has moved on

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Glad to hear you've had such a great experience with Stack Overflow for Teams, Peter!

Tech Lead, Strategic Alliances and Business Development in USA

The goodness of stack overflow for internal knowledge management

Kommentare: Overall nice but needs some tweaks to make it as successful for internal usage.

Stack overflow is quite famous for being the ONE place to look to when need technical help. Having an internal stack overflow promotes collaboration and helping others within the company. Knowledge management is critical, especially in smaller companies with less established processes and tools. We tried a number of different solutions, but are slowly centralizing on stack overflow. It integrates nicely with OAUTH and you can set team goals as an incentive to answering questions.

While there is a stack overflow slack integration, it tends to be noisy and people tune it out. There needs to be a better way to push stack overflow questions to the right people. Unfortunately for now it is the same folks answering all of the questions, however this is an internal issue that we need to solve for.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Hi, Thanks for your review on Stack Overflow for Teams. Glad to hear our tool helps with company-wide collaboration. Let us know how we can help drive internal adoption. - Stack Overflow for Teams

Julian C.
Senior Software Engineer in Malta

Say bye to repetitive questions by your colleagues

* The slack integration is wonderful * Having your workplaces knowledge hub built into your stackoverflow account; which you already log in to on a daily basis, is awesome. * Having repetitive questions asked there and answered once, in return increasing my productivity and time is incredible.

I would definitely like to see a way to have a bit more integration to slack or other products.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Great to see that you're using the Slack integration, Julian! Are there any specific integrations you'd like to see in particular?

Josh K.
Software Developer in USA

It's the familiar Stack Overflow, but limited in scope for our team

Kommentare: We use this to internally communicate about any issues that may come up with our products or processes, and it's great.

This allows us to communicate in a familiar fashion, and is incredibly well supported.

I have no complaints about Stack Overflow for teams, this allows us to communicate about issues within, and helps sort out priorities for fixing.

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Hi Josh! Thanks for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams. It's great to hear you're getting the support you need, and the platform is helping to streamline internal communication. Please let us know if we can help in any way. - Stack Overflow for Teams

Senior Software Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

a wonderful resource

I love stack overflow for teams, it is a wonderful way to ask and receive answers to all questions

the question search feature could be improved

Antwort von Stack Overflow

Thanks for your review and feedback!