The "magical" DIY (Do It Yourself) communication system

Bewertet am 19.5.2019
Renan S.
Web Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: After 2 years using Twilio services, mainly phone and messages, I can say I am so happy I found this solution to handle my communications.
It is so flexible,
Although it has been a little bit complicated sometimes to self-learn about online phoning systems it saved me from a lot of hassles I wanted to avoid.
The best benefit you get is the ultra efficient support service

Vorteile: With Twilio you can start from scratch to build your own online communication system. I didn't know so much about VOIP before and it is true I had to learn a few things.
So far I have been able to use my Twilio french mobile number fully online even whenI need to travel abroad - with all mobile services you can expect (voice, SMS, MMS).
The pricing is light and the global user interface makes the whole systme pretty easy to manage.
I only use a few features from the platform but the possibilities are huge ! And they are always working on new services.
And as Twilio is now really recognized as a communication company you can find additional software apps very easily and even documentation, I am thinking of the softphone app I am using on my mobile or desktop for instance.

Nachteile: I could customize a personal solution because I had time to test different options and as a developer I could code stuffs if needed.
I am not sure everybody can do the same without technical skills.

So easy it almost seems too easy.

Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Ian B.
Director of Marketing

Kommentare: We use Twilio Programmable Voice for a number of different use-cases. It is used to create trackable phone numbers for ads, internal phone/sms systems for sales/support and also integrated directly with our marketing automation platform, Autopilot. All of this had a fairly steep learning curve for a non-developer, but taking the time to do the work through Twilio (rather than a 3rd party software built on top of Twilio) has saved us a large amount of money and preserved a great deal of operational flexibility by preventing unwanted layers in our broader communications stack.

Vorteile: Twilio programable voice lets you build localized internet phone systems using numbers from anywhere in the world. I don't know of another comparable solution that isn't just another interface built on-top of Twilio. More importantly, it lets you customize these phone systems in every way imaginable (from drag/drop coding in Studio to custom apps) in just a few clicks. In terms of cost and flexibility, it is the clear winner in this space.

Nachteile: The product is trying to become increasingly friendly to non-developers, but it is still really positioned as a developer-first platform. It is a true platform technology, which is the root of most of Twilio's benefits – but that does come at the cost of being intimidating/less user-friendly to non-developers.

Powerful Control of Marketing & Data Analytics For Text, SMS & Video Sending

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Brandon M.
Creative Strategist

Kommentare: Wonderful people, always replay within a few hours of my late-night support emails. Reducing the bills is fantastic, and the tool plugs and plays with everything else nicely. Super happy with them for sure!

Vorteile: Love their COSTS... Some of the lowest in the industry, gives better control of budget. Utilizing Twilio we were able to navigate away from other tools that were costing us hundreds of dollars a month in per minute or per text overage fees. Provides more numbers at a cheaper cost per month by far, the whole system is powerful, inclusive, integrative of all tools and solutions through zapier and webhooks, and just a powerful system.

Nachteile: The UXI is a little heavy, when creating sub accounts and viewing the analytics, it is so powerful you can get lost, but that is a very minimal issue for I am sure someone with more knowledge can fly through the site and know what they are looking for much faster.

Tyranny of the 2FA gods!

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Pricing Strategy Advisor / REALTOR(R)

Kommentare: Authy by Twilio is a run-of-the-mill 2FA app. There's nothing special about it. It works when you're not switching your hardware.

Nachteile: Customer Support is only available by email, not by phone, and it takes 1-3 days to hear back from them. I was in the process of integrating their OneTouch functionality into a software program I'm designing, and I finally found out why no one else integrates it. It's busted and when you go to click the "Accept" or "Reject" buttons, it gives you an error. Authy support said to reinstall my Authy app, and now I can't get back into the app until 2 days later because of their overbearing security. They refuse to get me out of the bind, and I'm unable to access any of my accounts until they lift the hold. I've learned my lesson and I'm going to use LastPass so they can't hold my accounts hostage anymore for their nefarious purposes.

Full featured easy to use

Bewertet am 17.12.2019
Peter C.
Dir. User Experience
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've grown over time with Twilio to take advantage of more and more of their services. As we've done so they almost always have a solution for what we want to do. Additionally I do want to give their support two thumbs up - they've always been fantastic.

Vorteile: Twilio has made it extremely easy to use even without an extensive technical knowledge. Their documentation is outstanding and they've build a lot of UI based tools on their website to setup fairly complex workflows without having to code. Of course our engineers are able to use their APIs to take advantage of a huge amount of functionality as well.

Nachteile: There are some quirks to some of the areas of their products (sorting/searching doesn't work in some places, no ability to mass-refile errored messages, etc). These can generally be worked around but would make the overall experience better and more efficient.

Amazing tool and API

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Jon A.
Application Support Team Lead
Medizinische Praxis, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We're exploring using this tool as part of some alert automation packages, for instance if X job fails then take Y action, if Y action fails run this code to text the on-call support resource. The service is SO cheap for what it offers, but they even offer price breaks for nonprofits!

Vorteile: This tool was a breeze to configure! We're still experimenting with how we will utilize programmatic SMS and calls, but I was able to sign up for a free trial, setup API access, and write some code to send a SMS in a very short time. I was able to change two lines of that code to send a phone call. Amazing! Their help pages are PACKED with useful information for devs, more companies should have a knowledgebase that is this robust.

Nachteile: The processing time for their API is lightning fast, but their website is very slow and sluggish. I've used both Chrome and Firefox on two devices and still have the same issue. I found myself waiting around a bit after every click.

Powerful tool with a learning curve

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Director of Enrollment Services
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Twilio has hugely improved our range of communication with prospects and students. Texting from Salesforce using the Twilio integration also allows us to keep track of our communication effectively. I would definitely recommend Twilio to anyone. That said, in my experience, it can take some time to work through the set-up process, and you’ll want to set aside plenty of time to make sure things are working well. With great power, unfortunately, comes a lot of complication.

Vorteile: - Twilio offers lots of options for managing communication with customers.
- Twilio is deep, and deeply customizable.
- Extensive documentation and training helps get inexperienced users started.
- Twilio integrates well with other platforms we use.

Nachteile: - It can be difficult to find your way around the website.
- Even with documentation, setting up functions can be confusing.

Easy & Professional

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Amr N.
Technical Support Manager

Kommentare: it was and still a very good experience to use Twillo

Vorteile: Easy to configure
IVR feature ( Automated call centre)
Great voice quality in inbound & outbound numbers
Good rates
Integration with other Apps like Zoho Desk

Nachteile: Few numbers allocated in ME
No numbers available in some countries
Beta numbers is a bit expensive

Excellent Tool for Voice & SMS Communication

Bewertet am 19.10.2019
Team Lead
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Twilio offers a very complete feature set to streamline your SMS and phone communication.

Vorteile: Their platform is beneficial since it equips you to easily handle all inbound & outbound communication from a unified system. They also offer a rather robust & customizable API.

Nachteile: The Tech Support Team is pretty poor overall mainly because they are slow at responding. I've had a handful of support issues logged that took several weeks to receive a response and resolution.

Good but costly

Bewertet am 12.1.2020
Vikash kumar S.
Lead Engineer
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: we are able to get most of the customers back, communication is smatter with customers now which needs to for todays world

Vorteile: They provide all the features you need to reach out your customers, SMS, whats app, email etc. They have wide varieties of features which is sufficient to be one product you need for multiple requirement, you dont need to look out for multiple vendors APIs are wide open and sufficient for easy integration with any technology

Nachteile: Its costly, not suitable for small business , cheap plans are not available , apis are complex to understand

Great for Triggered Text Message Notifications

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Jeff D.
Principal
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, very happy. Great value for the money. Would highly recommend.

Vorteile: We've been using this system to send text notifications to a distribution list when someone visits our website and completes a form to request information. We typically receive emails from clients who send 3-5 similar, if not identical emails to multiple tour operators. By dramatically decreasing our time to contact the potential client and answer questions via email or over the phone, we saw a marked increase in booking conversions. Using the Zapier integration between our Website form tool "Gravity Forms" and Twilio, we now can respond to online inquiries a matter of minutes, and secure a booking before our competitors can even open their email.

Nachteile: In the Zapier setup, it is a bit of hit and miss to get all the custom text to layout like you want in a single text message.

One of the best platforms for call/text integration

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Ramindu D.
Software Technical Lead
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have led teams that integrate Twilio as a text notification service for various events from medication adherence to support ticket alerts.

Vorteile: Twilio provides a very straightforward interface to programmatically integration calls and texts in to software applications. Configuration and set up is super easy, and Twilio provides a variety of options for regions and countries to set up your phone numbers for. They provide a number of SDKs in popular programming languages, making integration super easy.

Nachteile: The price point for calls and texts are a bit on the high side. Some of the more complex configurations might be a bit hard to set up, although their documentation IS quite thorough.

Always on the Go with Twilio!

Bewertet am 31.8.2018
Assistant Manager
Unterhaltungselektronik, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Competitive rates in the market is being offered. We use this in the company as the main tool for SMS messaging platform tool for our devices so it's cheaper compared to the rates we would be paying if we are to use the services offered by regular major carriers. It also allows use via API so very convenient and easy to set up in the backend for operational use with different platforms.

Nachteile: Lately, there's an issue when viewing/searching for SMS transaction logs. When you search for the logs using phone number as a search tool, sometimes the results will not show up. I think it's a bug. Also when the sub menus were changed from the previous version, it got confusing. Navigating the menus on the site got more complicated compared to before.

Easy to integrate with any platform

Bewertet am 26.7.2018
Ariel C.
.Net C# Developer Sr.

Kommentare: I was able to create a driver with LUA, and integrate SMS feature to Control4 Home Smart System.
I wanted to receive messages every time certain events occurred, and Twilio is really accurate and helpful. I had to minimize the amount of messages so I could spend less money per month.

Vorteile: - It has an API Rest and a 5 minutes to implement rule, which is quite true.
- They have a quick start for many platforms / languages.
- SMS Feature was exactly what I needed, fast send/receive messages.
- Besides having excellent docs, they have something called TwilioQuest, which I found really funny and entertaining.

Nachteile: - Price per SMS seems to be high, at least in my country. I guess it depends on what are you building, and the value you give to this feature.

Awesome tool for sending sms and voice calling

Bewertet am 20.4.2019
Dilraj S.
Sr. Software Developer
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Twilio enables the users on any platform to send sms and make voice calls internationally via its well documented APIs which can be integrated very quickly on the platform by the developers. The SMS can be sent reliably on any international or local phone number once the phone numbers are bought with the required services enabled on it. Twilio also provides phone number masking for making voice calls. All in all its really an awesome module to use in your product for availing all of the Twilio services.

Nachteile: Twilio should provide sms and voice calling as a testing feature on the trial account which can really help people to be more convinced about its awesome services.

Powerful yet complex

Bewertet am 16.11.2018
Steven G.
Systems Integrator
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was able to create a call center script using this service and it worked great. Customer support sucks. If I were to rate Customer Support: 2 stars. Documentation: 5

Vorteile: You can create almost anything with their voice prompts. Both inbound and outbound calls. From IVR to automated calls. You can host your scripts on their platform or your own server using the REST API.

Nachteile: Documentation is all over the place. There are two main ways to send commands. Twiml or API (your language like PHP or C#) but the documentation jumps back and forth. One step of a tutorial is in Twiml. Then the next thing you want to do is not. It uses the API. And trying to find the same documentation in the other language is hit or miss.

Service enhances functionality of host softwares

Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Niru N.
application support analyst
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been very satisfied with my experience using twilio, stable software that enhances functionality to our software we created.

Vorteile: I love that twilio provides a texting feature which can be integrated with 3rd party software's to enhances there ability to better suit business needs. Twilio allows seamless integration which allows outgoing and incoming SMS messages to and from the client. Using the twilio portal we can check logs on which messages were sent and failed helping the host keep track on SMS activity of there software.

Nachteile: Setup and configuration is a bit of a tedious process however once completed, it works well. Sometimes servers go down for twilio which causes disruptions for our texting feature, however this can be expected for any software company that provides a large scale service.

Extremely easy to set up and get going!

Bewertet am 30.12.2017
Lead Software Architect

Kommentare: The software was able to solve for a business requirement.
Price point was reasonable.
Performance is very good.

Vorteile: As a lead architect, I am always on the look out for stable, easy to integrate tools and services for our various Enterprise solutions. With Twilio, I was able to get a fully functioning Enterprise level SMS Notification Microservice up and running in under an hour.
The ease of integration, it's simple API and documentation is what any developer would be happy with.
The price point is also very reasonable and I would highly recommend this solution to anyone who is looking to evaluate or use this service.

Twilio Platform = Solid

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Ryan C.
IT Systems & Network Director
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Even though I am not a developer, even I can get Twilio services working. I have helped a few local businesses in my area drop the traditional POTS lines and migrate over to Twilio and have heard nothing but great reviews. That platform has even given me the push to sign up for a couple dev classes to get even more out of it.

Nachteile: Some of the documentation can be extremely vague. I understand that it is made for developers/programmers but there is a big portion of potential users that would love to use some of the features, but just don't have the coding background/knowledge to make it come alive.

Best app for calling, sending text

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
SDE2
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall a really great platform for building calling and texting with great api documentation and customer support. The merits of this platform are way huge then any defects

Vorteile: - great api documentation and that too in multiple languages which helps a lot while developing
- love the studio flow where we can design complicated flow very easily and use various integrations for each event
- we build a virtual calling software using twilio and till date it’s working very nicely
- can buy multiple numbers which help in setting the caller id or call masking

Nachteile: - Had some issue with the calls sometimes, mainly call drops and poor voice quality but not regularly
- Sometimes the sms delivery on indian numbers take a bit more time

Plivo is GREAT BUT

Bewertet am 20.8.2018
Full Stack Engineer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It was awesome. If you can live with the price and knowing that competitors are almost half it really could be worth it to pay extra since they have a proven and battle-tested platform. Denied SMS sends are a pretty big deal and it's really easy to get caught in spam filtering etc on other providers. However I think I would recommend checking there first to see if your group of users can use the less expensive option without getting any dropped/missed/filtered SMS sends.

Vorteile: I liked that it worked great for my needs (Api driven SMS) and that I hardly had to manage anything to get it working and it worked for nearly any phone number I or my customers wanted to text.

Nachteile: The price. Some competitors are half the price, however it's a tradeoff in that you will get more failed SMS sends.

handy automation

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Theresa P.
ceo
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I believe their product to be of sufficient aid to my services and a product that my clients relay upon for reminders of appointments to keep working with the software.

Vorteile: I appreciate that the technology takes a lot off of my plate in terms of automating customer notifications

Nachteile: When there was a glitch in the system and I was grossly over charged it was very frustrating dealing with their customer support and I had to make a BBB complaint before the trouble ticket would be passed on to a supervisor, a process that took almost a month to resolve.

Great telephone / text software that can integrate into multiple sites easily.

Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Andrew R.
Director of Business Intelligence

Vorteile: Ability to acquire phone numbers quickly, set up with API access, and get up and running within a very short time frame. Pricing is very competitive in the market, and tracking is made easy within their platform.

Nachteile: Sending only one text per second on their base package is a bit limiting, but cost effective enough to make it worthwhile. They do allow businesses to be a "reseller" of their product, which allows companies to charge a client 4x what a twilio customer would pay.

Reasonably-Priced Programmatic SMS and Voice

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Esther R.
Self-Employed
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Twilio was one of the earliest players in the programmatic telecommunications services industry, and they have their basic services down to an art. Everything is well-documented, and their APIs in the various programming languages they support are easy to understand and very stable. They offer a free trial of most of their services, and getting started doesn't cost a lot, but once you start using the services heavily, it can increase in cost rapidly if you do not properly plan for the amount of traffic involved. There are other services that do specific individual services better, but if you're looking for an all-around balanced programmatic telecommunications platform, Twilio is probably the best to start with.

Vorteile: Easy to set up, extensible, supports a variety of programming languages and interfaces, pricing is easy to understand, excellent free trial that allows for testing of most features

Nachteile: Pricing can jump quickly with advanced usage, still a bit basic in some of its interfaces

Absolute must

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Ross V.
Operations Manager

Kommentare: We have incredibly high SLAs and Twillio has contributed to us hitting them.

Vorteile: We make us of Twillio for sending sms messages escalating incidents based on Zendesk triggers.
It's super easy to configure and connect to Zendesk.
Pricing is also great.

Nachteile: The only con we have found is ideally we would want to have the sms come from a specific number every time but this is not possible. After speaking with Twillio support this has more to do with the country specific provider than Twillio.