4,5 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,4 /5

Über Kapwing

Online-Video-Editor für kreative Fachleute, der Menschen bei der Untertitelung, Größenänderung und der Erstellung von Videos über ihren Browser unterstützt.

Erfahre mehr über Kapwing

Martin J.
freelancer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 12.2.2020

"Best online video service ever. And a miracle for deaf people."

Kommentare: This review is focused only on one of Kapwing feature - AI generated subtitles. I known that Kapwing offers many tools for online video editing (and they are very good), but I'm using just one of them - Subtitler. This tool is able to autogenerate subtitles for video in almost any language. And this is cool! You know - I'm deaf (or almost deaf, to be correct) and thank to Kapwing I’m now able understand and react on videos from my friends :) (I’m able to read and write in 6 languages, but if someone sent me video-message, I was f*cked… :D Not any more, thank to this service). Before Kapwing I had to download the video, extract audio from it, process the audio file with dedicated software and then, finally, I got subtitles (poor quality subtitles, I have to say). With Kapwing I just paste URL to Subtitler and get subtitles. Miracle, for me.

Vorteile: - it works like a charm
- simple use, perfect output
- multi-language support (AI autogenerated subtitles are best on market (seriously. I tried many other services))
- it's free (mind-blowing! Service of this quality free? Just WOW!)

Nachteile: - nothing at all
- OK, there are some glitches in AI autogenerated subtitles, but the output is "good enough" in most situations

Brianne K.

"memes as a service"

Kommentare: Great experience using the product, especially with a small team

Vorteile: I use Kapwing to create video content and memes for my early stage company. This has been a great way to generate traffic to my professional website and leads to higher engagement on our company's social media channels.

Nachteile: I don't have any complaints at this time

Syed R.
Senior Data Manager
  • Bewertet am 25.9.2020

"Kapwing – ‘a versatile tool to create any content easily with drag and drop actions’"

Kommentare: I like to use this tool . As I sated, Kapwing has a lot of good features and the default configuration with the social networks is very convenient for me. So, my overall experience with Kapwing is very good.

Vorteile: I think trimming the video is super easy in Kapwing with drag and drop actions. This software is absolutely an easy platform for the beginner. I am convinced with a lot of free features of Kapwing which are very useful. I love the fact that they have an auto-subtitle option and this is really time-saving. Also, I would like to mention the resizing feature which makes it easy to create different content on the same platform. I think the online editing opportunity is very useful because there is no hassle to install it on the computer. You can edit anything from anywhere. The default configuration for various social media is amazing and this option allows me to publish the videos smoothly.

Nachteile: I didn’t like that I lost my work a few times and I think glitches occurred with my task. I observed exporting videos sometimes a slow process. I like to use this tool but wish if they could have more features and elements to be even more creative with this software.

• Bewertet am 25.9.2020
Navish A.
Consultant
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 2.6.2020

"I hope the product improves. It has a lot of potential. But at this point, it is purely ridiculous"

Vorteile: 1. This software is definitely one of the easiest video editing softwares you will find in the market to use.
2. A majority of its features are available for free, so 5/5 on value for money there.
3. The auto-subtitle feature is great. It helps you get started with 75% of the work and then you can simply edit it to have subtitles done in 1/4th the time.

Nachteile: 1. The software, atleast the main overall tool - Studio - is incredibly clunky. It is ridden with bugs. It also fails to save properly and you keep losing a bunch of your work. As an exmaple of its bugs, right now I am facing a problem where a trimmed portion of the video is showing up on the final export and the subtitles are all off-sync from it too. Exported it multiple times! Argh!
2. It provides zero indication if its actually doing any processing or not in the background and occasionally just "hangs". Which is weird for a software on the cloud.
3. An immense number of basic features are just pure lacking that I feel are necessary - an undo/history feature, transition features that are actually use-able, audio adjustment across layers, export of entire video's subtitle file (can only export individual layer).
4. The export quality simply is not high. Even when you choose the 1080p option. It also dampens the audio in the video for no reason!
4. Looking for its training center feels like a maze. Once you find it, there is a small bunch of tutorial articles that are decent but is the barest minimum you can think of. But beyond that, the resources section reads more like marketing material that gets ridiculous to go through!

• Bewertet am 2.6.2020
Jessica D.
Dental
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.8.2020

"Wondeful!"

Vorteile: I am so pleased with this slideshow application. It was a little difficult to navigate through at first and the software is a little out dated. However despite the minor complications, I was still able to make a beautiful slideshow. I loved how it didn't have slide limitations and it was still free to use. I was able to place unlimited pictures and slides and include a 4min song to the presentation. I didn't have any issues downloading and sharing this project on facebook at all. For this reason I give it 4 stars. I think this product has some minor glitches and needs to be updated but it is still useful enough to make a decent slideshow presentation. I am really happy with it. Thank you!

Nachteile: Glitchy and outdated. However, not too bad.

• Bewertet am 25.8.2020
Maxi G.
Comedian/Filmmaker
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 2.11.2020

"Huge relief for the non-tech-savvy"

Kommentare: My first day I used the free trial for three different tasks, my second I already upgraded to a month subscription for others. Very happy with the simple design that is competitive with other professional output I'm seeing.

Vorteile: This is by far the most user friendly captioning interface I've ever encountered. I do a wide variety of projects that I always struggle through by the skin of my teeth or have to hire out for, and Kapwing allows me to knock them out quickly and without stress.

Nachteile: n/a

• Bewertet am 2.11.2020
Country Support Specialist
  • Bewertet am 15.10.2020

"The Online editing King"

Kommentare: I came across Kapwing when I was away from my main work device (with my more professional video editing software), and needed to get a quick edit done. I searched around online and came across it, and it was a life saver.

Vorteile: Being able to simply sign in with your Google account (not necessary but essential if you want access to your work/drafts later in one place), the UI being simple and clear to understand: making it easy to trim videos, and create quick and simple instructional videos for social media, and best of all, being able to paste a Youtube video link and work on it within Kapwing is what I love most.

Nachteile: Since I use the software to make quick video edits on my phone/tablet-on-the-go. The video processing is an absolute nightmare; it gives you no indication that something is at least happening, which really drives me crazy at times.

• Bewertet am 15.10.2020
Amy M.
Research Associate
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.10.2020

"Excellent for generating subtitles"

Kommentare: Made putting subtitles on my unscripted lectures viable. Without this softwear, I would have really struggled to provide subtitles on lectures I'd recorded without a fully pre-written script.

Vorteile: I only used to subtitling functions.
The auto generation of subtitles was excellent. While it did need correcting (although it got mendelian randomization right first try), having each phrase already set up with timestamps and just having to adjust the exact words saved me so much time. It took me minutes to sort my subtitles for a 20 minute lecture, rather than hours.

Nachteile: It would have been useful to be able to download the subtitles in more formats - moodle only accepts vtt, and this only exports srt so I had to transform all the files. Trivial to do, but added another step unneeded in my work flow.

• Bewertet am 25.10.2020
Tom P.
Co-Founder
  • Bewertet am 3.8.2020

"Amazing tool for easy and quick content creation"

Kommentare: A brilliant content creation tool for social media that has a tonne of features available even in the free version.

Vorteile: Kapwing is an incredible tool for social media content creation, be it GIF's, images, videos, it has a suite of tools to create awesome looking content in minutes.

Nachteile: May take some time for absolute beginners to wrap their head around. Could do with a mini tutorial for new users.

• Bewertet am 3.8.2020
Platform Strategy
  • Bewertet am 15.2.2020

"All-in-one media tool"

Vorteile: Kapwing makes me feel like a professional videographer or digital editor without any training. It is easy to stitch together demos and webinar materials for my startup. I even use it to make fun memes to share on our company Slack once in a while too.

Nachteile: They provide many tools that it can sometimes take a little time to find the exact one you need.

• Bewertet am 15.2.2020
Mark W.
News Writer / Executive Producer
Medienproduktion, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.4.2020

"Love Kapwing -- Highly Recommended for any Content Creator"

Kommentare: Kapwing is great for various reasons. There's a lot of features for both images and video, all of which are extremely easy to use. I also like that the Kapwing staff actively participates in a discord channel they run, and response quickly to user feedback and input. They are always listening to their users and doing the best they can to offer new features and update the software to meet the needs of the users. As stated in the title of my review, if you create content, even using high end software, there's likely a reason for you to still use Kapwing for something.

Vorteile: Kapwing is an incredible platform that makes editing video and images really easy. Having the various tools and templates makes things extremely easy and will have you making material that looks extremely professional, like it was made on very high end software.

Nachteile: So if you use the free version without an account, there's a very large and distracting watermark on the content. I wish it was smaller for the free version. I do pay for the Pro account, but I did that before Kapwing changed their site around where if you create an account, there's no watermark. Though they did a recent update where projects export quicker for pro users, I don't believe there's enough of a difference between the Pro account and the free account, to justify the $200/year price point. Now that you no longer need to pay $200,to remove the watermark, there's really no justification for the price. Obviously the money goes to helping them stay funded and create a great product, and I get that, but I believe they should provide more value for Pro users. Also, I think their regular "studio" tool is a bit clunky and isn't that great to use. When using a specific tool, it's great. But starting a project from scratch in Studio is a bit tedious.

• Bewertet am 2.4.2020
Robin P.
'retired-but-hardwired' Art Director
Fotografie, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 28.3.2020

"AN EARLY REVIEW OF KAPWING"

Kommentare: I use it primarily to create versions of my original photographs to suit Instagram's aspect ratio limitations without undesirable cropping. I am retired from business and so Kapwing's free option is very important to me - It enables me to remain creative. Kapwing technical support and response is very good and the user feels that they care and that you are not abandoned after they have created their software as is the case with some app developers.

Vorteile: I particularly like its straightforward interface and that also that my images are not spoilt by Kapwing credits - In gratitude I always credit #kapwing on social media and recommend it to others.

Nachteile: It can be a bit clunky when uploading an image and Tool Tips would make it much easier. My learning curve has mostly been by experiment! After uploading an image it often doesn't automatically show for selection in my Workspace and consequently can be difficult to find.

• Bewertet am 28.3.2020
Ben R.
Marketing Manager
Musik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.12.2018

"Social Media Manager Essential Tools"

Kommentare: Their team has always been very responsive in helping me with any questions I've had. I can't wait to see this product become more widely used in helping content creators reach their audiences effectively like they have done for me.

Vorteile: This tool should be in every social media account managers bookmark list. I use this daily to help with video editing. Even if you're a pro video editor, their is no need to be spending hours trying to get the format correct. Kapwing does the hard work for you.

Nachteile: No real cons, this service is solid. My only wish list request would be the ability to have an archive of the videos I've already worked on. So incase the client needs something edited/resized I don't have to reupload.

• Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Web Designer/Journalist
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2018

"Kapwing makes simple video tasks even simpler!"

Kommentare: My overall experience with Kapwing has been great! I'll definitely use it again for personal projects!

Vorteile: Kapwing is pure genius. It takes a number of small, easy video tasks, and makes them easier. No need to download software just to reverse or resize a video. This service does it online for free (with a watermark)! These tools include trimming, looping, resizing, reversing, rotating, and converting video, among other functions. I used Kapwing once when I needed to reverse a video for a visual effect. After looking through the basic video editing software I had installed on my computer and finding that none had the feature, I tried Kapwing and it worked like a charm.

Nachteile: As stated above, you have to endure a watermark unless you want to pay for the service. That being said, it's a small price to pay for such a great service! Furthermore, the creators really do deserve to get paid for their work.

• Bewertet am 13.12.2018
Rosa irene G.
Digital Artist
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 30.7.2019

"My experience with Kapwing"

Kommentare: I used it once to loop a video that I needed ASAP, had no access to more professional tools like PS so had to search for a software that I could use online to get express results. Got me out of the hurry and I loved everything about it, except for the price. However, it is still useful and you can still download the result for free if you don´t mind the watermark.

Vorteile: *Super easy and fast to use if you want to edit your images or videos.
*Offers multiple options like creating a gift out of a bunch of images, editing the speed of a video or looping one.
*No need for any kind of professional, not even semi-professional, knowledge. It is as easy as following steps, the interface and instructions are super clear and friendly.
*No need to download software, you can use it all online
*You can use it for free, with a watermark in your final result. But the watermark is cute.

Nachteile: *The only con is that you have to pay to get the watermark removed from your videos or images, and it is not that cheap unless you use it a lot and pay the monthly or yearly fee.

• Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Geoff H.
Partner
Personalwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.4.2020

"Wonderful resource"

Kommentare: Brilliant. There was a problem with the online conversion to create the downloadable version. Ugh. It probably wasn't even an issue that originated with Kapwing's server...these technical glitches happen for all sorts of reasons. I did initially feel that I might have lost absolutely everything. But I sent a note to Kapwing and had a delightful response almost immediately. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] had resurrected my file, converted it for download, and it was ready for me to use. That was, to me, a 10 out of 10 customer experience. I take my hat off to the company and its software.

Vorteile: I had a video project underway and I required text on top of the moving images. I first tried the Kapwing option and I was so impressed I didn't need to switch over to an alternative. I didn't need to read a manual - the software was intuitive and everything worked very smoothly. The end result was very visually pleasing and had complete accuracy in the intended transition points, text size, colour and placement. I was thrilled.

Nachteile: I had no issues whatsoever, and nothing came to mind regarding additional features to request.

• Bewertet am 29.4.2020
Sarah M.
Investor
Vermögensverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.2.2020

"The ultimate social media toolkit"

Kommentare: My experience with Kapwing has grown from strength to strength as the product has added more features and functionality, making the work I do in social media management so much easier.

Vorteile: Kapwing provides all the essential tools for creating engaging social media content, in one place. The most helpful tool within the product for me has been the resizing tool, which allows me to optimize the crop of my content for different platforms. It also gives me the option to export in GIF or MP4 for video-based content which saves me so many additional steps to export in other tools.

Nachteile: There are SO many different features, sometimes you have to look a little longer to find what you are looking for.

• Bewertet am 13.2.2020
Maria R.
educator
E-Learning, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.3.2020

"So Grateful!"

Kommentare: I am very grateful for Kapwing because I'm a teacher that is now doing e-Learning in response to COVID-19. This site helps me to make succinct and usable videos to teach my students. I look forward to getting more familiar with the software so that I can do even more to help my children continue to learn. Thank you so much!!

Vorteile: Unlike other free online video software that I've used, I was able to cut material in the middle of the video and not just at either end. I also love the up and down arrow function to indicate the exact moment in the video to make an edit. It allows me to be very accurate.

Nachteile: Once I clicked "done" after editing and watched the video, I wanted to make a couple changes. But it took me a long time to figure out how to get back to the editing page. After trying several buttons, I realized I needed to go to "trimmed" under the "video" title. It also might be helpful to put a title over a button when your mouse hovers over it. I'm not sure what "expand padding" means or what some of the picture icons do. If there's a one or two word explanation that pops up, that would be helpful. Also, the YouTube to Mp3 converter that your website links to sometimes opens up a pornography webpage.

• Bewertet am 24.3.2020
  • Bewertet am 8.8.2019

"A suite of handy video editing tools"

Kommentare: easy to use; highly recommended.

Vorteile: As a user, I'd like to thank Kapwing for providing many of their tools free of charge. In the past I needed to pay to get watermark-free downloads. It has become free recently. The tools are classified into tasks that people commonly need to fix their videos, e.g, video crop, resize, looping and so on. The tools are very easy to use and intuitive.

Nachteile: As being design for ease of use by amateurs, the downside is that sometimes you may have to run through a couple of different tools individually to achieve what you need.

• Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Tom H.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.4.2020

"Just started, easy to use"

Kommentare: I just started using Kapwing's software and find it extremely intuitive to use. I also like the fact that navigating the website to look for products is also very simple. And, for users like me who don't need to have projects saved to Kapwing's cloud, it's free. I am a college student and really appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] help. I can access my creations for 7 days online, so if I need them longer, I can download them and/or make a copy. The multitude of programs and application software for use on line is amazing. And you can choose any of them to create or tweak a video (or audio). They also respond to support requests very rapidly. Great job, great company. Thanks, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Vorteile: The ease of use and the wide selection of tools were the things I liked most.

Nachteile: I couldn't find anything about it that I disliked.

• Bewertet am 7.4.2020
Margaret M.
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.5.2020

"Customer Service Terrible and Publishing fail quite often"

Kommentare: The customer service is awful and nonexistence. You would be working on a project and it do not publish. You have to start the whole thing over again and at times that still does not work. You reach out to customer service on all platforms and no one answers or respond

Vorteile: The software is not difficult to use. It is simple but the output is also simple

Nachteile: Publishing is awful. Many times does not work

• Bewertet am 21.5.2020
Brian W.
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2020

"Kapwing FTW"

Kommentare: So easy my 5 year old son can use it, and he does! Plus their support is great and responsive.

Vorteile: What’s not to like. An online browser editor with user friendly controls, fun templates, and auto subtitles. It’s a helpful tool for beginning and experienced content creators.

Nachteile: Perhaps the timeline on the editor itself. I’m used to a horizontal timeline on most editors. Using Scenes to edit videos took me awhile to adapt, but only because I’ve been editing on other programs for so long.

• Bewertet am 9.4.2020
  • Bewertet am 20.12.2018

"The easiest and fastest way to produce great videos!"

Kommentare: Seriously love kapwing. been a customer for years now and they are constantly innovating. and the value you get for you money is unbeatable.

Vorteile: - super easy to use
- many many features
- no editing skills required
- produce content for all plattforms

Nachteile: - you have to download and reupload your video if you want to use multiple tools.

• Bewertet am 20.12.2018
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2019

"Best Video Editor"

Kommentare: Overall, this site helped me work on my videos and I will continue to use it to work on my project videos. The video editor site has helped me and it wasn't hard to use. Anyone can use this site to work on the videos they need to work on.

Vorteile: This video editor saved the day for me! I love how this editor website is so smooth. This site isn't difficult. I can upload my own videos or my own images to this video creation website. I needed a site just like this, so it could help me fix my writing and ministry work videos. This video editor didn't take long to work with. I can also put subtitles into the video editor. This was something that I needed help with. I needed to add subtitles to my videos. The subtitles were simple to add in and I am so happy it wasn't confusing. I also love how I can add audio to my video slides. I love how I can do my writing projects with more flow now and ability.

Nachteile: I dislike the black screen to work on. I wish the dashboard area was a different color. The color is okay, but a more light color would be nice. There should be another option on the main dashboard screen. The dark color is not appealing.

• Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Jeremy S.
Manager of Analytics, Customer Operations
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2020

"Found great tool during #VPDExperiment"

Kommentare: Need to create short videos that were not PowerPoint driven but able to add content was a problem. I couldn't always wait for our professional to create for ministry team. And adding subtitles allows more people to watch since they don't have to turn up the volume when in a space they can't listen.

Vorteile: Subtitles were great as they use the Google beta. And you can edit the text to fix your flubs or add a highlight.

Nachteile: Since its web only, you have to deal with the filters applied by various security tools. Either get IT to whitelist or you will have trouble. You can use it on your phone browser, but not as easy on the small screen

• Bewertet am 6.2.2020