Grammarly Killer

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Alberto S.
SEO Consultant

Vorteile: It works with a lot of languages. It has better visual helpers than Grammarly. And the free version is more than enough. AND you can use the Chrome extension WITHOUT creating an account. 😃

Nachteile: There is nothing I don't like about this app.

It is at least as good as any other grammar/spell checking software I know of

Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Lucas M.
Freelance Proofreader
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I like to run the text pieces I review through a few softwares, just to be sure no mistakes go unnoticed, and also to become aware of issues that pass through my attention. Language Tool is one of the last softwares I use in this queue checks, and to my surprise it sometimes catches a few mistakes that go through both my own attention and also the checks of the similar softwares used before it. I believe no grammar checking tool will ever make a thorough multiple check obsolete, but Language Tool is certainly one of the steps I am sold on maintaining on my 'queue' for the foreseeable future

Vorteile: Very useful for grammar checking any pieces of text that are important or really need to be flawless. I believe that, for most users that do not need a strictly flawless proofreading, Language Tool alone is more than enough. I consider it to be at least as good as any other single similar tool, only being beaten by multiple independent checks through different softwares or readers

Nachteile: Although I have no specific issues with this tool, and I think it takes care of most evident needs users have when using it, I believe it is still not at the level of polishment of a few other classic softwares, where they predict and address issues that are not evident, but that are common to most users, but that become more evident to professionals on that specific topic. I believe the next step for this tool would be the inclusion of a type prediction feature/algorithm.

Chose the Language, Correct the Grammar

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use Language Tool as a supplemental grammar-checking tool. It gives me the ability to proofread my work in several languages.

Vorteile: As a multilingual writer, I produce material in English, Italian, and Spanish. When I use the Language Tool, I can easily switch from American to British English. I have clients in both parts of the world, so differentiating between the two languages is imperative. Also, this software allows me to proofread my work in Italian and Spanish with diverse options to choose verbiage.

Nachteile: I am currently using this program for free because I use other grammar-checking tools. For the best price, you must sign up for a yearly subscription. The monthly and 3-month subscription fees are overpriced.

Grammar Check Software

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Beverly A.
freelance writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The overall experience with LanguageTool has been good. It is a simple software that proofread and corrects all my errors. I can also work offline.

Vorteile: LanguageTool is a good Software tool for checking and correcting grammar errors on my papers. It spellchecks and corrects all my important work. Its a great software to correct my papers. Sometimes I write quickly and I write the wrong words in the sentence. I do not have to worry, LanguageTool does it job. This software tool helps in correcting those simple errors that I overlooked.

Nachteile: I wish there were more updates on this software. Its little too basic, but LanguageTool gets the job done.

LanguageTool-Perfection

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Medical Intern
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It’s a fantastic alternative who are familiar with Grammarly. The free version of this app is more enough when compared to the other high monthly subscription market available software. Just give a try on this cool app and make your outputs without gramma issues.

Vorteile: When we reached some level, we can’t make silly mistakes when we deal with professional matters, and Language tool is the best solution to take care of these matters. It’s really helpful for me during my emails, project submissions, report makings to just ensure the grammatical errors and other stuff. It's freely available and not much as complicated to use it. We can install the plug-in for Microsoft Word and thereafter we are free to simple grammar issues on our daily outputs.

Nachteile: I did not notice any negative signs of these cool app. Hope more future updates should improve the service into the next level.

Breaking Language Barriers - Top Writing Software

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Shahzaib U.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Language tool is one of my favourites and Best Software I have used so far, I am providing SEO optimized Article writing services online, sometimes I get articles of different language at that time of difficulty LanguageTool has helped me a lot. It can detect your Grammar errors, Style, Formatting and can write in any language easily. I recommend Language tool to all of my friends.

Nachteile: The only thing I don't like it, we can't check plagiarism with this tool, a lot of other software providing this feature other than that its one of the best software without any doubt.

Use as you need to with no commitment

Bewertet am 11.8.2019
Bobbett J.
Owner-Operator
Landwirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Not too hard to install. All its features can be downloaded for free, and you only use those features that you want. Not hard to do spell checks with, grammar checks, typos, etc.

Vorteile: I've used this program on an as-needed basis. The first time I ran the info on my website through it to check for errors. It found a few that not even I had seen! I use it several times a week when I right reviews on products that I've bought to make sure my grammar is correct and there are no typos. I've also used it on essays and before handing in report for college. It really find things that you normally would overlook.

Nachteile: There's nothing that I really dislike although it sometimes finds mistake that I don't think are mistakes, so I over-ride the programming. I just wish it could be "taught" my personal style so it could learn.

OK for a community-based tool but leaves one wanting

Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Language Analyst
Verlagswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used to like it until I discovered other tools. I still use it every now and then to check if they've improved. I might have contributed a rule or two to LT as well.

Vorteile: LT is simple and easy. You paste your text and check. It checks spelling, grammar, and such. It's good considering it's free and community-based. And it's perhaps the only major Grammar checking tool in non-English languages.

Nachteile: While it's better than Word any day, it leaves a lot to be desired. Other grammar checkers that are free too give a lot more changes. It fails to capture many, many errors.

Best Solution for Your Content

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Sheza H.
Content Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like this software as it helps me to check my contents within no time. It corrects the mistakes present in the articles or other materials. The free version of this tool is more than enough, and it is the best alternative to Grammarly. Also, it is quite easy to install and use.

Nachteile: Sometimes, I feel that this tool gives you limited options for your content. It may be because of its free version. I wish LanguageTool could check more words.

Another "Social Justice Warrior" Company

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Dean C.
Kino & Film, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Social justice warriors disguised as a software tool.

Vorteile: Nothing other than it was FREE. You get what you pay for...

Nachteile: This company is using their product to push a social agenda. When I entered "illegal alien," it flagged it as incorrect and suggested phrases such as: "Undocumented" this or that... I don't need software that corrects me when I use a term THEY don't agree with, even though it is the proper term.

Great

Bewertet am 7.8.2019
Gael K.
Customer Success Manager

Vorteile: As long as i have to write emails all day long, and in different languages, it helps me to correct mistakes. I can't work now without it.

Nachteile: for long emails, you need to upgrade it and use the paid version. At the moment, i am only using the free Version.

Very Simple

Bewertet am 4.4.2019
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I was looking a while back for a list of simple sites just like this. This solved my problem. I wanted to give out more than one simple grammar proofreading site to other people I know who love to write. This solved my problem because I needed more than one site to look into. This site is added to my writing list and it will stay.

Vorteile: This site and download is simple. I love how I can just paste my whole document or short writing project into the blank area on the screen. It's not long and complicated. I just love how easy this is. I can also connect this with Microsoft Word which I always use. If my document has a mistake in it the website/program will easily pick it up. It will highlight the grammar mistake or error. I just have to click on it and it will tell me options to fix it. It's like other simple sites, but I will continue to keep this one on my list. There is a quick option to delete everything if needed which is helpful when I need to finish my work fast.

Nachteile: There is only a few things I don't like about it. I really wish there were more grammar mistake helpful tips. Each level of the site has only a certain amount of options. I also wish it would have an unlimited amount of characters it could check. The amount they have is pretty good, but for a writer I would want unlimited.