Über Amazon SES

Amazon Simple Email Service ermöglicht Entwicklern und Vermarktern, Marketing- und Transaktions-E-Mails zu senden und zu empfangen.

Erfahre mehr über Amazon SES

Straightforward service; very cost effective for low/medium volumes of email.

I don't think this is a negative but we need to learn configuration to setup it, which needs little effort to learn.i think they can simplify configuration settings.

Bewertungen zu Amazon SES

4,0

Amazon SES hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 99 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Amazon SES bereits verwendet?

Pedro
Pedro
CEO in Portugal
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great relation price vs quality

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall the experience has been just great. The service simply works, although it's a little complex the first time to setup but once we get used to it (as with anything else in life), it's a little bit of work that is worth it for the price we pay for.

Price per 1k emails is incredible. As of this writing, we are talking about $0.10 per 1k emails sent, which is really now.

Their support is getting worse. Very recently I had to wait a month until an account from one of our customers was finally approved and then a couple of months later, we had another customer that was rejected for no reason whatsoever and we had to escalate to have it into production.

Samuel
Samuel
Engineer in Dominikanische Republik
Telekommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazon SES satisfies your email needs based Amazon's economy of scale

Kommentare: We are solving the need of simple, reliable bulk email that scales and delivers with confidence.

Amazon SES is a relatively simple integration despite the need of better documentation, has an very developer-minded logic and allows you to share data to other Amazon AWS services for analytics, monitoring and others. It is the way to go when you want to have bulk email at a fraction of the costs incurred with other competitors. It is extremely reliable and has the Amazon infrastructure to support it. The web console is simple yet provides you with the essentials to monitor the account's health and performance.

Having migrated from Mailgun, I really felt the lack of proper development documentation when you are integrating for the first time. The current documentation is not well organized and lacks the developer friendlyness that you can find with competing products. However, this may have to do with a more general, bulk approach that Amazon focuses on. There are different versions of their APIs in the process of being migrated with the newer version being somewhat limited in features compared to the older one. My recommendation is that you get prepared to read a lot and test as you start to implement. I don't think you will be provided with bleeding edge email developments early but the basics will always be covered with Amazon SES.

Perry
Perry
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

No Support for Amazon Simple Email Service

Kommentare: It was good to start, but frustrating once we wanted to go further and when we had any issues whatsoever. It was at the owners decision that we pulled the plug on this project once he listened in on our support call, once we did get someone to talk to us.

this is a very simple but capable email system that we tried to use and i have worked with others who have used it. the feature set is good, the speed is excellent and the ability to lease an IP and to have tiered levels is very good. It also has a good reputation dashboard so we know what is going on and how to make sure we get lots of emails through spam filters

Spam filters eventually catch up to you. Also they provide no support via phone that is worthwhile. The support techs are condescending and not very helpful. They close cases very fast, they send pre-canned responses that do not answer the questions you ask, and it is useless to talk to them. We moved away from them after we could not get what we needed done.

Angus
CEO in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You can't beat the price to performance ratio

Kommentare: My experience overall has been extremely positive, the price makes it the best tool out there for sending a lot of emails. Emails land straight in inbox as they should, and the tools to help manage bounces and complaints included are top notch. I'd recommend Amazon SES to anyone who sends a lot of emails.

I like how easy it is to get started with SES as well as how cheap and reliable the service is.

The dashboard takes a bit of getting used to, but it's manageable

Amazon Simple Email Service - does what it says on the tin

Kommentare: I have used SES in multiple projects and it has proven itself to be a reliable service time and time again. The pricing is amazing and whilst you don't get all the bells and whistles other more fully featured services offer it does what it says on the tin. I've used it for multiple different projects utilising both API and SMTP connectivity and both have been solid.

The pricing is amazing for such a great service. The API is well documented and SDKs are available for the most popular languages. If you are integrating with legacy systems where you have no API access and require an MTA to be configured that i also supported. There's a generous free tier available for smaller projects as well (so long as you are using either EC2 or Lambda to integrate).

There's really not much to dislike about SES. A dashboard like Sendgrid provides would be a nice additional option but it's aimed at doing one thing and doing it well.

Nrip
Director - product Management and Intnl Marketing in Indien
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

By far the best feature within the AWS suite

Kommentare: We have been using SES for transactional as well as marketing(newsletter) email delivery. We love it.

It works, and is cheap. There is nothing of the sort to compete with SES for what it offers

Needs skillful setup as well as administration. Reports are not comprehensive and need SNS knowledge to be able to generate

Alejandro
Alejandro
Digital Marketing Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

The cheapest but the hardest to configure

Kommentare: I have some knowledge and I read a lot to be able to configure it as I wanted, which sometimes it was frustrating, but I finally made it as I wanted and need it, that plus the price, the results... Awesome!

What I love the most is "The pricing", it is extremely cheap compared with other massive mailing systems like mail chimp or others.

The ease of configuration... You need a little bit of knowledge to configure, and even more knowledge if you want more specific features.

Rahel
Rahel
Owner in Jamaika
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I only pay for what I use, how much better can it get!

Kommentare: I use it in tangent with another program that allows me to send thousands of emails through my Gmail account. It makes it easy, simple, effective and an overall no-brainer to get those emails out daily. I don't have to worry about delivery or bounce either, which is something I can't say for plenty other similar services.

One of the biggest things about this program that I absolutely love is the fact that you are only charged for what you used. That alone makes Amazon SES great in my book because I know that I am only paying for the features that I have used over the period of time. It's also very flexible in connecting to various other software/programs etc.

It can be a bit tricky to figure out how to use the backend for those who are not tech-savvy. As a result, I think that might be something that they can try to improve a little bit. But other than that I'd say it's pretty impressive.

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for transactional emails

Kommentare: I used SES to send notifications from a web platform when certain events occurred.
We had a 100% success rate and were never disappointed y the product.

- It's easy to configure and implement - It makes sending transactional emails very easy - Costs can be easily forwarded to clients

SES requires technical skills, so only developers can actually access it features, but that's reasonable given the features the product offers.

Bikas
Assistant Marketing Manager in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best Cost Effective Email Marketing Provider

Kommentare: Good, it provides a good value while getting started with email marketing.

Cost Friendly, Easy to use, List Management, Reporting, Housekeeping Features, High Deliverability, Bulk Emails

Incorrect Analytics at times & lack of automation capabilities

Roger
Niche Growth Facilitator in Kanada
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Reliable and Cost Effective Business Email

Kommentare: I initially started using this service for two reasons:
#1 The email reputation for my domain (and client domains) was poor and needed to be relayed though a trusted provider with higher reputations.
#2 The server being used was having load issues because of the added email traffic - Moving email to Amazon SES quickly solved that issue.
I liked that it was fairly easy to set up, and there were a lot of "how to" guides available. I like that this is well supported.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable and reliable solution.

Three features are most impactful to my business. 1 - The service is very affordable, this helps preserve budget. 2 - Arguably this is one of the most reliable email solutions I've used. 3 - The automated suppression list helps my business maintain a positive email reputation (so my email messages don't go to junk). Also, I should mention their support was great, and the odd time I felt I needed to reach out, they've exceeded my expectations. Additionally, scaling up (if needed) it easy to do as well, so I know this can grow with my business.

One thing I thought could be improved was the allowed size of each email message was too small. However, Amazon SES provides a form where you can request to be able to relay email that's up to 10MB each (and it's super easy to request and receive).

Leon
Managing Director in Niederlande
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple like in the name and really cheap

Kommentare: We have been using SES for a couple of years now and are very happy with it. It's simple, stable and fast. Pretty much all you need..

Amazon SES is super straightforward and cheap. You can set it up in no time and it just works. At first your sending limits might be limited but once you have built your reputation and they go up you can send big batches of emails easily. We use it for our marketing automation suites and for our operational messages.

Reporting is a little more difficult to setup. It works with other products from Amazon and just isnt as straightforward.

E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Cost-effective transactional email without all the bells & whistles

Straightforward service; very cost effective for low/medium volumes of email

Doesn't have as many features as some competitors; AWS permission policies can be a little cumbersome to work with

Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

does a wonderful job , and reliably at the given price point especially when you have limited base

Kommentare: Overall it is one of the most reliable email services out there. it can save you money and help you for both internal dev and marketing.

this is probably the most inexpensive yet reliable bulk email tool out there in the market and competes head to head with mailchimp and others. aws ses is the classic case of set and forget, where once you are configured then you are good to go, no need for maintenance.

very limited service regions would be the biggest con. there is an initial limitation on how many emails you can send before you get approved

Sanjay
Sr Software Developer in Indien
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Affordable and reliable simple email service

We have been using Amazon SES for our marketing campaigns for a very long time and I must say the platform is very affordable, reliable and simple. Before using the Amazon SES we were paying very high to some other vendors for our marketing campaigns and bulk email campaigns whereas after switching to SES the cost for email campaigns reduced drastically and now we are allocating that excess funds to some ad campaigns. Also the delivery rate is phenomenally good. Apart from that after removing the sending limit cap we now can send to huge number of our customers at a time without raising any eye.

The integration part to third party vendors can be little bit less complicated.

Thiago
Financial Analyst in Brasilien
Bankwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A simple and efficient cloud-based email service.

Kommentare: A simple cloud-based email service without many customization tools, but that is attractive for its price, support and integrity provided by Amazon.

Simple interface for the purpose of sending and receiving emails.

Lack of incoming email security control tools.

Irerinsola
Founder in Nigeria
Import und Export, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very easy for beginners

One doesn't need any deep knowledge to use it.

I really do not see anything bad in the product

Bryan
Vice President, Digital Services in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The only right way to run databased on AWS

Kommentare: SES is vital to our cloud operations and won't be going anywhere as long as we're running databases.

A managed environment for data is, in my opinion, a must. Turn-key log-based backups and recovery with all necessary features. A good number of database options.

Lacks direct access to the machine so this is limiting as to what can be set on each database. While most things are possible, there's a learning curve to accomplish some more advanced configuration.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Really Usefull for any kind of projects

I have used it for 2 different projects and they work a lot better now. It's worth it if the company decides to pay for it.

A little bit too complex and lack of documentation

Steve
Steve
Coder in Kanada
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect high-volume email solution

Kommentare: We have a newsletter that is sent out to our clients on a regular basis. Managing that email system ourselves was more work than we wanted to deal with. SES is very affordable and relatively easy to use. As mentioned in Cons, my only complaint is with incoming email being either expensive (WorkMail isn't worth the money IMO), complicated (setting up your own income email solution), or messy (mail forwarded with SNS is unformatted and JSON encoded).

Setting up an email server is relatively complicated. It's made even worse when dealing with a high volume of outgoing emails. AWS SES makes it much easier than any DIY option out there, giving you the exact DNS records to enter.

As with most AWS services, it will take a little learning. Compared to some of their other services though, SES is quite straight forward. I really don't like that there is no simple incoming email forwarding option. It can use SNS to forward a JSON encoded mess, but unless you are using their WorkMail service, receiving mail is still something you'll have to figure out.

Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great email service for any type of emails (cold outreach, automations, simple emailing)

Dirt-cheap email service from Amazon. It's super-reliable and easy to set up. Integrates nicely with the rest of the Amazon stack.

Sender domains must be whitelisted and verification is done through DNS records, which can be inconvenient at times.

Internet, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

My experience with SES

Kommentare: Our product notifications and delivered using SES and our overall experience was good

I have been involved with the process of setting up Amazon SES in the organisation. Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS, hence we decided to go with SES. The delivery rates are great. I think the best part about this is how cost effective it is. You get a robust tool for a low cost budget.

Implementing SES was not as easy as it seems. However, once it is configured, it is quite easy to operate

Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy integration and robustness.

Amazon SES is easy to setup and use. It has Python and other libraries to integrate it to your project. Sending email in HTML or text is possible and MIME can be used as well. For MIME, it supports different email encodings as well, which is great if you are trying to write something non-latin in mail subject.

Authorization of your domain might take some time, it's not that instant.

Ignas
Software Engineer in Litauen
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Switched to Sendgrid

Kommentare: Overall good experience

The whole AWS system is great if you use not only SES

A bit too expensive for our use case so we switched to a competitor

Gewerbeimmobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazon Email App

Kommentare: It is low cost and effective after you learn it; but I prefer an easier, simpler solution.

It has built-in notifications and statistics for deliveries, bounces, and complaints to track the campaigns.

It's complicated to set up. It has a steep learning curve.