Über Sublime Text

Texteditor, der Entwickler*innen bei der Codierung mit intuitiver Texthervorhebung hilft.

Erfahre mehr über Sublime Text

It has simple usage, has a lot of libraries contributed by community. It very ease to use not only for python dev, because it's written in python and has defaults in it, but also for web developers.

It needs more internal tools and functionalities so we will need to install extensions to exploit its power.

Bewertungen zu Sublime Text

Sublime Text hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 976 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sublime Text bereits verwendet?

César josé R.
César josé R.
Software Developer in Peru

The perfect tool to start in the creation of code.

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It is an excellent tool to start, but later that same simplicity causes the user to lean towards other more complete and advanced products.

Unlike other code editors that stand out for their power and plug-ins, Sublime Text stands out for its simplicity and how easy it is for the user to start using it and thus start their path in the world of software development. It has a fairly basic and easy to understand interface at first glance, which makes it a powerful ally for anyone who is starting to create code.

The same simplicity for which it stands out, also penalizes and does not allow most users to continue using it when they want to develop more complex software and with much more structured architectures. It is a great ally for people who want to develop software without much help and in a traditional way, but when it comes to competing with other code editors, it falls behind when it comes to customization and features.

Daniel K.
Daniel K.
Founder in Argentinien
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Lightweight editor with great features

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Sublime Text is a great piece of software, I use it on my smallest projects and when I'm not in my main terminal.

Is fast, easy to deploy and very intuitive

It lacks advanced automation and helpers

Chelsea C.
Graphic Designer in Kanada
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

An average text editor (not the best for developers/coders)

3 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Overall, Sublime Text is a decent application when using it as a notepad (a place to jot down notes). However, when it comes to using it for developing/coding, it doesn't always do the best job. It lacks many key features needed to make it a strong developer tool and is not very user-friendly to beginner developers. To sum up, I am averagely satisfied with what it can do and with what it provides to me as a software. Although, there are many plain text editing softwares and this one has no particular features that make it stand out from the rest.

The one thing that I like about this software is that I am able to use it to quickly write notes. I like to use it as a notepad from time to time. It serves well as that. I also like to sometimes use it for development because it has the capability to do so.

I don't like that this software does not accommodate beginner developers. I understand that this application's main purpose isn't supposed to be coding (it is simply a text editor), but that is what it is widely known for, and for this reason, I believe that it should have more features that make it easy for beginners to develop.

Luis carlos C.
Luis carlos C.
Data engineer in Guatemala

My go to code and text editor

Kommentare: I've worked with source code since 2013, starting with Sublime Text 2 back in the day. While some other options are good for some things, I've always found Sublime to be the one that gets most of the stuff done in a better, faster way.

Sublime is fast, like blazing fast. I usually need to work with files that are a couple tens or hundreds of MB large. Besides opening them really fast, your normal operations like finding, selecting and replacing texts (with regex!) are also quite fast. Obviously, being multi-platform is a must that it fulfills quite well.

Some other editors have an easier time integrating third-party tools, like git tracking and extra toolbars / modules.

Sr. Software Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Sublime is... sublime

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I use it for most a lot of basic tasks. I used to use this for HTML/JS/Python but have since moved onto more purpose built IDEs with more features. But, when I need a quality text editor,

Clean, professional, intuitive, and makes doing development fun!

It seems lackluster when it comes to the supported features. There is a plugin repo, but it feels like an afterthought to the full sublime development. When I compare this to other IDE's/editors (even free ones) they

Erik C.
Email marketing specialist in Kanada
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Best html editor hands down

5 letzten Monat Neu

The colour coding helps know which tags are which allowing for faster coding.

The changes or upgrades need to be applied in a very complicated manner.

Lightweight and comprehensive IDE in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Comprehensive and Lightweight IDE

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Really good experience moving from IntelliJ Idea with python and web support plugins enabled. It is almost able to meet the developers need

Lightweight IDE, even on limited memory system I am using it without much trouble. Language support is great. Community version is really up to the mark for my python coding. Used it for react app development.

There is nothing as such to be disliked in what size it is providing. I can just wish if they can provide all the support that Visual studio code is providing then it will be most awesome IDE out there

Burak S.
Software Developer in Türkei

Best For Editing Jobs

5 letzten Monat Neu

Personally i love that Sublime Text has different color palettes for different languages. It supports huge language set. Has lots of functionalities that helps you edit, create and build code for most of the languages.

There is a bug with upgrade, alerts for an upgrade but after clicking upgrade throws error.

Vanessa T.
telematics engineering in Kolumbien
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

the best code editor

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: En este software programo todos mis proyectos web sin complicaciones ni enredos a comparación de otros editores.

The editor is easy to use and with excellent functionalities, it has helped me a lot in my codes.

El software me parece tan bueno que no encuentro complicaciones en su uso o cosas negativas que decir al respecto.

Fernando manoel B.
Fernando manoel B.
CEO in Brasilien
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Good programming IDE

4 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Overall, I am satisfied with the IDE in regards to PHP programming. In relation to other IDE's, I found this to be the lightest.

Light; answer quickly; clean; easy to configure

Background changes are not reflected directly in real-time in the IDE.

Max S.
System Administrator in USA
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great Text Editor With A Few Issues

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with Sublime Text has been positive. I would say that the reason I did not give it a perfect rating is because how frustrating it is when the software has to update. Feels like there is never a stable release. I have really tried to replace Sublime Text, but the stuff is does correctly, I feel like no other text editor can match. It's undoubtedly my favorite editor. If you're big on building regex and quickly modifying code, you really will not regret this editor.

As a person that is looking at code daily, Sublime Text make a big impact in my productivity and efficiency when coding. I will preface by saying that Sublime is my favorite text editor, despite some of it's issues. One of my favorite aspects of Sublime that outshines all other text editors is the way it does regular expressions (regex). With keyword matching on the fly and you can quickly build and match any regex you create. I also enjoy the feature for syntax highlighting and the ability to customize how Sublime looks; being able to customize your font, color schemes, and key bindings. I also really like that you can see the entirely of your code on the right pane, this is awesome. If you are looking for a solid, free, text editor, give Sublime Text a try!

Every great piece of software comes with some minor issues or things the developers can improve. Here are some of my least favorite things of Sublime Text. As great as Sublime is, it is no stranger to bugs. Over the last few years of using Sublime, I can say that one con of the software is the constant updates. Yes, updates are good, but it surely feels like Sublime has an update a few times a month. This can be very frustrating! I've also seen where Sublime bugs out and fails to update, no matter what you do. This means you have to uninstall it, find the latest software on their sites, and install it again. I also don't like that Sublime does not have a syntax highlighting package for Powershell. I mean, it's one of the biggest languages in the world. In order to install it, I had to find a random command in the web, plug it in the package manager, and then install it. It sucks having to do this when you have a new computer. Aside from this, the pros highly outweighs the cons and you should consider this text editor.

Fullstack Developer in Ecuador
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good text editor, with a few bells and whistles

Kommentare: Even though I don't use it as my main text editor, it's my preferred option when I want to make quick changes in small projects. Its clean and simple UI make it easy to work and switch between projects, and I've never had to worry about memory consupmtion. From time to time I miss having an integrated terminal or a debugger, but I really appreciate its minimalist approach; you end up decoupling your development tools, which in consequence boosts your productivity.

- it has a clean and intuitive user interface, which makes it easy to use - the UI can be customized with themes and fonts - it has autocomplete and indenting integrated, which boosts your productivity while programming - it has a "projects" feature, which can be helpful if you have to work on multiple projects - it's available in Windows, Mac and Linux - you can extend its functionality with plugins - it's lightweight

- the "projects" feature, although helpful, can be a little hard to set up - it doesn't have as many plugins as other text editors such as Visual Studio Code - there is no marketplace for searching and installing plugins - it doesn't have an integrated terminal - it doesn't have an integrated debugger - it doesn't have any kind of integration with version control tools sush as Git - it's not free. Although no features are locked behind a paywall and there's no time limit for the evaluation period, a pop-up appears periodically prompting you to buy a license, which could be bothersome for some people - it's not open source, which some people won't tolerate

Juan pablo D.
Director in Ecuador
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Una gran alternativapara novatos para codificar

Kommentare: Generalmente lo uso para editar código especialmente líneas en en php y css, es mu últil por la codificación de color y su estupendo interfaz que de una forma sencilla permite encontrar facilmente las etiquetas que etán ordenadas por colores

La facilidad de uso y la implmentación, es realmente muy intuitivo y sobre todo muy claro al importar código de diferentes lebguajes

Posiblmente lo que menos me encanta delprograma es que debería contar con una librería un poco más automatizada cuendo se empieza a escribir como otros software lo hace para que permita ir codificando con más ayudas.

Aniket P.
Student in Indien
Forschung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Making your text editing experience Sublime

Kommentare: One doesn't always wants to start a whole big IDE just to edit a simple file. Many text editors that are present, are either very old and have a boring UI. Sublime Text on the other hand is just amazing with its modern look, plug-ins and the ability to theme it.

The user interface. The UI of Sublime Text is still very modern compared to many popular text editors people use. Other than the UI, Sublime Text is also very fast and responsive, and has support for many popular languages/extensions with the possibility of adding plug-ins and theming the editor. The speed of the editor is simply what makes it the best text editor for me.

Nothing. Sublime Text is perfect. It is free to use as well. One small nit-pick I find kind of annoying is the pop-up which (used to) comes only once during start and asks about purchasing a license Sublime Text. It used to be annoying, when we finally thought of buying a license to use it. Also, it is important to support the development team that created this amazing product!

Sanskriti G.
Sanskriti G.
Senior Software Engineer in Nepal

Sublime Text: A light-weight text editor for smooth coding

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with Sublime Text was great. Since, we deployed sublime text on our desk we are able to solve underlying complexities at coding at ease. We are able to program or write codes for web applications to creating responsive websites, within a single text editor. As it supports multiple languages, we are able to switch between programming language or integrate one with another. Also, I loved the well organized folders tab that has extremely helped us in dealing with each and every files we need at work.

Sublime text is a pretty cool text editor with an incredibly active package repository. It's light weight and available for multiple platforms i.e. Mac, Linux and Windows. It's an all in one feature-rich editor meant for smooth coding. Going with premium versions, it has lot of integrated features including distraction free writing mode, quick shortcuts, search function, split editing and much more.

The only cons, I found in this text editor is that- it doesn't support direct installation of theme, extensions or plugins. We need to depend upon other third-party programs or IDE's to get these features. Apart from that, this application has no any further issues.

Rob H.
Rob H.
Software Engineer in UK

Write Between the Lines

Kommentare: Sublime is quite simply the best Text Editor that I've used. It's followed me from MacOS to Ubuntu, and with all the language choices that have come along the way... You can even very quickly turn it into a JavaScript IDE competitor with just a handful of plugins

Ignore reading between the line; Sublime's ability to contextually understand which language you are coding in saves you the stress, instead offering you the power to simply write! From the syntax highlighting you'd expect from other major IDEs such as Eclipse, or Visual Studio, alongside their ubiquitous autocomplete, you'll be pleasantly surprised with Sublme (the name of the app is sooo apt!). But here's the sweetest part; Sublime is the developer's best friend.... It's plugin friendly, and plugin rich (heck there are even tutorials about how to write your own Sublime plugin). Everything from turning it into a JavaScript powerhouse, to GIT integration, adding language parsers, even adding 'epic sounds' wen you write 'epic code' (https://github.com/Atbox/CodeChampion) With the fact that you can even integrate compilers with Sublime, it's the world's loveliest text editor (which may as well be an IDE).

If you want and IDE out of the box, go with VSCode or the likes, but in all fairness, I struggle to find anything that I cannot throw at Sublime Text with any real trouble to integrate... It's the gift that keeps giving.

Gerson S.
Software Developer in USA

An Excellent Text Editor

Kommentare: Sublime is an excellent light weight text editor that one could make as heavy as they want with the addition of add-ons and extensions to help make Sublime a go-to daily driver when it comes to wanting a text editor that can be used for hours every day. While I can't use Sublime for every codebase/project, I definitely enjoy using it when I can and not have to fear that I will be getting slowed down.

The thing I enjoy most about this software is that it allows someone a lot of freedom in what they want. One could keep it a simple text editor, which allows for editing your own code while giving a nice view, but one can also take it as far as they want, with the addition of addons and extensions that can help one’s performance. Addons such as being able to access a server and its files from Sublime have been useful in improving my workflow at home remotely. You also has access to a lot on how Sublime itself acts in terms of the text of said file one is editing such as spacing, autocorrect, etc. You can easily edit not only how Sublime window itself looks but also how the text and classes within the code is displayed and with the help of Sublime's built in-extension one can also getting instant display formatting for a variety of different common coding languages they could end up working with.

While one can use Sublime right out of the box, doing so one would be missing out a lot in what Sublime offers along with a lot of the different options that make Sublime stand out in comparison to other similar text editors. Getting Sublime to work like how one wants is possible but requires going out of your way to learn the intricacies of Sublime and does require a lot of fine tuning to get to work.

Undergraduate in Sri Lanka
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

“Simple and fast text editing software; Sublime Text”

Kommentare: This is an amazing software which I use daily to edit codes and to format them. I like its simplicity and wide range of available functions. I recommend this software as I use this to edit and make my reports. In my opinion, it is the fastest text editing software I ever found, because surprisingly it opens the program quickly just after the click.

I like its simplicity of usage. As it is the fastest text editing software, the time consuming for a particular task is less and it can be considered as a time-saving software. It supports different varieties of languages in basic code formatting. It displays the highlights of the code by identifying the programming language and its type. It is one of the features that I love to use this software because these highlights are coordinated with colors. Well organized files, low memory usage, flexibility, and quick launching facility are some advantages I noticed in this software. The code suggestion feature and auto-completion feature are very helpful for me to continue my codes. Its infinite plugin options facility and customizability of this software are really amazing features that it has. It has multiple selection abilities to retrieve something without doing it a number of times by saving my time a lot. As Sublime Text software has an ability to open files that are larger than 16MB, I can open my reports as they are usually larger than 16MB.

Though I noticed a few downsides of this software as overall Sublime Text is the best editing software. It is unable to open two projects at once and it does not have a printing function for the code. The appearance of the troublesome popup message which asks to get the full version is really irritating. I hope Sublime Text would develop without these downsides!

Michael F.
President in USA

Just enough power to be dangerous

Kommentare: It's been really amazing. I enjoy how easy it is to set up, and our clients do too. When they realize what you can do with what seems like "notepad on steroids" they get pretty excited. It's great that it has the functionality of macros like what vim has, with a nice graphical interface. Plus it's got the inbuilt environment to run scripts right away. I turn to this tool instead of larger IDEs because, frankly, I just wanna get done.

I like how flexible and lightweight it is. I use it as my main IDE when developing automation for myself or for our clients at Arch DevOps. It's gotten a lot more use from me since I don't have to install larger tool suites just to write some Ruby scripts.

No fault of Sublime itself but there are some plugins that are a little wonky. I expect from reading about them online that they would work fine but there are compatibility issues, or it's not clearly documented how to use the plugin. And again, it's not the fault of Sublime itself.

Louis W.
Louis W.
Lead Web Developer in USA

A customizable IDE for everyday coding

Kommentare: I started using Sublime about 5 years ago. I saw it as an upgrade over notepad/notepad ++. I have enjoyed watching it grow and the features increase. In the last year or two new IDE's have come out. They have massive feature sets, and many are great tools. I have not been able to leave the comfort of Sublime 3. I have attempted to use some of these other massive programs. Only to find them to be a massive bottleneck on some of our older systems/small VM ware instances. I have found it nearly impossible to embrace an alternative as I would not be able to use that alternative in every environment that I work. I am a huge fan of Sublime. I do acknowledge that many new IDE's are making this a highly competitive market. If you need a consistent editing experience. You can literally run Sublime off a thumb drive and carry it everywhere with you! Sublime is the most consistent editor I have used.

I like that is lightweight. It barely uses resources. It boots in a flash. It is great on multiple OS's. No matter if I am on OSX/Linux/Windows I can have my familiar editing experience with me. It has extensive plugin options. You can customize the software in a flash using the built-in command-line style extension loader.

The system for installing extensions is great and easy, but it is not robust on features. You need to do your homework outside of sublime to figure out if it is the right extension for you. You also need to consult these outside websites to even get a good picture of what all extension options are out there.

Elisiara P.
Avaliação SUBLIME TEXT in Brasilien

Sublime Text - Super light and convenient text editor

Kommentare: In general is a great text editor, including my favorite, especially for the lightness, because it opens super fast and does not lock during use. In addition to the available features there is the possibility of installing plugins with additional features in this way to further enhance and improve this editor, the only thing I miss very much eg the automatic generation of getters and setters has plugins to assist in this process, but do not automatically generate all the getters and setters you need, but just bring a body for you to complete by entering the correct attribute names you want to get the getters and setters;

- Lightweight interface, loads the project very quickly; - Leaves the colored text according to the file extension, which makes reading very attractive; - Ability to apply functions by shortcut .: ctrl + p to search by filename; ctrl + s to save; ctrl + / to comment, in which case you still enter the comment according to the file type, where if .sql is -, if .js or .php is //, etc; - Set and save specific text layout and editing preferences in general, such as erasing spaces when saving, editor style and font size, etc; - Allows you to apply various types of search filters: searching all files, only files of a certain length, for a regular expression, and this is very useful as it saves you a lot of time when making bulk selections and edits in project files; - Possibility to edit several lines of code simultaneously. - View in two tabs or more within the same project, being able to see two files side by side; - Identify with markups which file you have edited but not yet saved, when working with GIT this is very useful; - There is the option to install additional features via plugins, and there are several plugins ready with extra features for this editor; - If you started creating a file but did not save it before closing the editor, no problem, because opening it again will still be there, which is very useful when you want to have a draft-only file and notes, and if you want to keep it for a while with the project, but you don't want to save it, because then it no longer

- Do not open two projects at the same time, when requesting to open a new project the current project is closed; - Has no spell checker; - Okay, it's a text editor, not an IDE, but it could have the capabilities to automatically generate entity getters and setters; - No console for direct interaction with code execution. That's not why I won't stop using it, but it may be a feature that may be available in some future release.

Jim N.
Systems Admin in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A standard for developers.

Kommentare: A great experience. Customized into everything I wanted, had all the tools I needed to edit in a windows environment for deployment into linux.

There's a ton to love here. Customizable color palette to work in dark, light, colorblind-specific and other preloaded or completely customizable shades. Preloaded LINT tools for most languages means that keywords, variables and branch statements are highlighted with various colors. Excellent and fast find/replace for open files, or, files in a directory you specify. Tons of addons, including my favorite DIFF tool to compare two files. Will save in Linux or windows file formats in case you work on one platform and your code runs in another. Also integrates well with GitHub.

There is a bit of a learning curve for the advanced features. Sublime can be run as easily as windows notepad, but if you want addons, LINT for unusual languages, or unusual features (vertical select), then it does take a bit of practice to get good with.

Francisco A.
Software developer in Spanien

Perfect JavaScript IDE

Kommentare: For coding frontend is the first option, very fast, no high CPU/RAM consuming, so I'm very happy that I discovered 7 years ago and I daily continue using it. I have to say that first time you work with it, you need to install some extensions and configure it in the way you like to work, this can take a few hours, but after that annoying time you will be happy with the performance.

This tool is not overloading your CPU or RAM. This is one of the biggest problems I see in other IDEs. First time you install it, you can see that design is very simple and the application run very quick. It is easy to find any file or text in all the project with no delay. I like the way the bars are differenciated. Left menu, files opened and the position in the current file at the right left pane. The last is very helpful to have an idea of the size of the code. The base default colors are great so you maybe don't need to adjust a lot, however the visual aspect configuration can be modified with a lot different options. Automatically it is giving different colors to the some special keywords, comnets, statements, parameters... and also you can select these colors. The background in black with such rest of colors is very nice! Also the typography is very clear. The folder structure is not a mess of folders, so you have a small separation between all of them, different icons for the tipe of file and the background is grey to differenciate it from the rest of the screen where you have the code. You can install several plugins but first you need to install the Package Control. Then with Ctrl + Sifht + P, you can start typing the plugin you desire and all them are appearing. Finally it is only needed to select it to be installed. In my case, I'm using it for coding frontend but it is possible to code any kind of programming language.

I didn't like that the program came with a Package Installer by default and I had to install the Package Control. However in the offitial page everything is documented and well explained. There are a lot of extensions to install so when you are trying to find one it could be good to have a kind of sorting by ranking of best valued.

Gonzalo B.
Gonzalo B.
Web Developer in Malaysia

One of the best text-editors out there

Kommentare: An overall great text-editor, lightweight and easy to use, perfect for developers that want to customize their coding experience.

I remember the first time I saw Sublime Text installed in the computer of a fellow developer, the black background blew my mind, the interface was sleek and super minimalistic. It's been five years of that day and I am still using it daily. When I need to compare files, search in files or work on multiple files at the same time Sublime is my way to go, the Go to Definition or Anything feature is also super helpful when dealing with big projects. Sublime Text is a dream came true for fans of tweaking their tools, you can customize almost every single aspect of the editor and with an active theme developing community it's hard to get bored of the appearance of your editor. The selection of plugins is huge and you can extend Sublime text to adapt to your needs, frameworks of choice, syntax highlighting and so on. I love the integration with Emmet. Besides that Sublime is cross-platform and lightweight, you can run in seamlessly in not so powerful machines, Linux, Windows, etc. One thing that has saved my day many times is that Sublime will keep the workspace and unsaved files even if my computer crashed or suddenly restarted, I was relieved to find my work done once I opened Sublime again.

The package control is still not as nice to use as in another text editors when you install a package the progress of it and the successful installation notice are easy to miss (just a tiny text on the bottom bar). The packages bring another problem as well: many of them have been abandoned, are buggy, outdated and can make the editor crash easily. Sublime is a powerful text-editor where you can run your own projects, for Phytonists it's a great deal but it's not a full IDE and you will need many plugins to extend the editor enough to reach some of the basic features on a full IDE. A toolbar could be of great use for people like me that keeps forgetting keyboard shortcuts. One thing that it's quite annoying is the popup asking you to buy the software, being out there so many open-source editors this little annoyance can lead to switching to another tool. Recently I had to work on an Angular 6 project and to use Typescript on Sublime Text and find the needed packages was time consuming and not that easy.

Elvis P.
Elvis P.
System Manager in Venezuela

The most effective, powerful and sophisticated text editor that exists.

Kommentare: Thanks to Sublime Text I can work in my development projects quickly and efficiently allowing me to finish them in record time, recycle code for reuse and modify projects easily increasing my productivity and income.

With Sublime Text I can create any type of project without limitations of programming language or framework thanks to its thousands of packages available either for website development projects through HTML code or in application projects with PHP, Python or Pearl, I can also work on projects with other languages such as Java, Ruby, MySQL and others, with Sublime I have the ability to move quickly through the documents of the entire project with its "GOTO ANYTHING" function or with the “GOTO DEFINITION" which generates an index of all the classes of the project, also through its multiple selection I can make all the changes I want in different areas of the document at the same time saving me a lot of time, the COMMAND PALETTE allows me to change the syntax automatically just looking for the one I want to navigate through the menus, thanks to its documents division function I can use my screen in an incredible way, allowing me to visualize several files at the same time and compare code or look for possible errors in them, I can also change instantaneously the projects in which I work without complications and without losing progress in which I am closing, It should be noted that Sublime Text is the text editor with the best performance that I have used and it is cross-platform since I can use it on Windows, Mac and Linux. For this and much more the most effective, powerful and sophisticated text editor that exists.

There is nothing I can say, it is just the best.