Über Sublime Text

Texteditor, der Entwickler*innen bei der Codierung mit intuitiver Texthervorhebung hilft.

Erfahre mehr über Sublime Text

It has simple usage, has a lot of libraries contributed by community. It very ease to use not only for python dev, because it's written in python and has defaults in it, but also for web developers.

It needs more internal tools and functionalities so we will need to install extensions to exploit its power.

Bewertungen zu Sublime Text

Sublime Text hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.357 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sublime Text bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.357)

Cedrik
Einkauf in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Must have für Coding oder Ablage

Das Programm speichert auch ohne das die Datei selbst gespeichert wird es bleibt also im Cache.Es ist sehr angenehm zu coden da durch die Mark Ups der Code leicht gelesen werden kann

Das PoP Up wenn man zwischendurch speichert, dass man das Produkt kaufen soll, wäre nicht notwendig.

Samuel
Samuel
Founder and CEO in UK
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Most suitable Text Editor for application development

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Using sublime is a blessing.
It superb and supports major programming and coding languages.

Free plan. Light weight and easy to install. Plugins can be installed for advanced feature. Can open majot types of programming language files. Inbuilt auto complete features.

Doesnt come with a shell, so you may not be able to run your program directly via the text editor, except you install the console or you configure the command line interface. Every other thing is okay.

Anthony
Anthony
Reviewer in Kenia

Simplicity Meets Power in a Code Editor

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with Sublime Text has been positive. It has a user-friendly interface, a wide range of features, keyboard shortcuts, high customizability, supports many languages, and allows multiple files and projects to open. However, it requires a license, can be resource-intensive, some advanced features are hard to master, has a cluttered interface, and lacks integration with other software tools

I like using Sublime Text because of its user-friendly interface and wide range of features that make coding and text editing very efficient. The software has a variety of keyboard shortcuts and commands that allow for quick navigation, editing, and manipulation of text. Additionally, the software is highly customizable, with various packages and plugins available to enhance its functionality. The software also supports many programming languages, making it a versatile developer tool. The ability to open multiple files and projects at the same time and easily switch between them is another feature I appreciate.

One thing I like least about Sublime Text is that it is not free software. While it offers a free trial period, it requires a license to use it permanently. Additionally, the software can be quite resource-intensive, so running on older or less powerful computers may be challenging. While the software is generally user-friendly, some more advanced features can take time and effort to master. Additionally, some users may find the software's interface cluttered and overwhelming.

Ernesto Enrique
Ernesto Enrique
Web Operations Manager & Co-Founder in Venezuela
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good choice but not the best

Kommentare: Sublime was my fast text editor for many years. When I needed to edit a code file without the need of IDE features or when I needed to do it on a computer with low resources, sublime text came to the rescue.

I used Sublime Text for years, it is a tool that, unlike the ones that existed at that time, worked very fast. Today is still one of the lightest and most powerful tools that exists in the market and that would be the most interesting feature it has. Thanks to Sublime Text I met Emmet, the writing engine where you can do things like write in several sections of the same document at the same time, upload or download portions of code within the document as if it were a block. A powerful tool that you can customize, from your style of colors, thanks to Sublime Text I also knew Monokai, the color scheme that nowadays, years later I still use.

There are a couple of things that I do not like about Sublime Text and one of them is the reason why I ended up using another application. The first one is the pop-up message to remind you that you are using the free version and if you wanted to buy it. It is the most annoying thing that exists and appears every time you save a document a few times and to develop applications is annoying since you save the document about 30 times per hour minimum. The second thing that I do not like has to do with the evolution of the application. When I used Sublime Text there was no other similar one. But today there are many others that have the same characteristics of Sublime plus other features that I use a lot and that's why I ended up migrating to another application.

Hamadou
Hamadou
CEO in USA
Programmentwicklung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Sublime by SireHassan

Kommentare: Since I started using it, I haven't yet found any software that suits me better, especially for backend development.

I particularly appreciate its simplicity and the fact that it loads easily. Unlike other software, it is minimalist, which is exactly what I am looking for.

It's not very intuitive for beginners, especially when installing dependencies. Many people are often surprised by the appearance of my editor because they don't know it can be customized

Sara
Sara
Management in Spanien
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Unleashing productivity with Sublime

Kommentare: While using Sublime I found very important its exceptional performance and flexibility. Its deep customization options allow me to tailor nearly every aspect of the editor to my liking.

The speed at which Sublime Text operates is remarkable, effortlessly handling large files. Also, the wide variety of customisation makes this editor my favourite choice.

Updates and support can sometimes feel less frequent, which, while not often a major issue, leaves me wishing for quicker access to new features or bug fixes.

Lucas
R and D Coordinator in Brasilien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Sublime Text is everything I need for software develpment

Sublime supports a plethora of plugins and addons.

Its free version is very limited, but the price for the full version is totally fair.

Ntuthuko
Multimedia Designer in Südafrika
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

One of the best

Kommentare: I liked from the the first time I've used it, and I haven't changed since, it loads faster it doesn't crash or takes lot of to reload to a new page/window

One can easily code live without ant errors and it's free

Nothing, I honestly like everything about it so far

E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Beautiful Performance at a Cost

I love the user interface, it is modern and clean making working in the editor visually appealing. There are several third-party packages to extend the software's capabilities. Most importantly, it runs very fast on all operating systems: Windows, Mac and Linux

It is not free unlike many other editors like Atom and doesn't get frequent updates like its competitors

Christopher
Christopher
Teacher in USA

Makes Coding More Productive

I really like the formatting options. I like how it color codes the text and helps with formatting your code. The interface is simple and approachable. I also like the use of plugins to make tasks easier.

The program lags on Windows when loading large files. I also would like to be able to test my code within the editor without having to run somewhere else.

Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Reliable text editor for quick coding

1. Easy to use for beginner to experienced person. 2. Sublime text supports many programming languages. 3. For debugging purposes it is great because of it's text highlighting feature. 4. It doesn't take much space , which makes it more convenient. 5. Comes with so many shortcuts which helps in saving time.

1. If you're using free versions, you've to deal with annoying pop ups which reminds you very frequently to switch from free to paid version. 2. You've to run your code on different software. 3. Changing to different file extension have to become easier.

President in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Just enough power to be dangerous

Kommentare: It's been really amazing. I enjoy how easy it is to set up, and our clients do too. When they realize what you can do with what seems like "notepad on steroids" they get pretty excited. It's great that it has the functionality of macros like what vim has, with a nice graphical interface. Plus it's got the inbuilt environment to run scripts right away. I turn to this tool instead of larger IDEs because, frankly, I just wanna get done.

I like how flexible and lightweight it is. I use it as my main IDE when developing automation for myself or for our clients at Arch DevOps. It's gotten a lot more use from me since I don't have to install larger tool suites just to write some Ruby scripts.

No fault of Sublime itself but there are some plugins that are a little wonky. I expect from reading about them online that they would work fine but there are compatibility issues, or it's not clearly documented how to use the plugin. And again, it's not the fault of Sublime itself.

Aniket
Student in Indien
Forschung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Making your text editing experience Sublime

Kommentare: One doesn't always wants to start a whole big IDE just to edit a simple file. Many text editors that are present, are either very old and have a boring UI. Sublime Text on the other hand is just amazing with its modern look, plug-ins and the ability to theme it.

The user interface. The UI of Sublime Text is still very modern compared to many popular text editors people use. Other than the UI, Sublime Text is also very fast and responsive, and has support for many popular languages/extensions with the possibility of adding plug-ins and theming the editor. The speed of the editor is simply what makes it the best text editor for me.

Nothing. Sublime Text is perfect. It is free to use as well. One small nit-pick I find kind of annoying is the pop-up which (used to) comes only once during start and asks about purchasing a license Sublime Text. It used to be annoying, when we finally thought of buying a license to use it. Also, it is important to support the development team that created this amazing product!

Lukasz
Front-end developer in Polen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Best alternative to Visual Studio Code

Kommentare: Sublime Text is a great IDE for almost every developer - it has a wide range of available plugins and themes, although it's not the best option available in my opinion.

Sublime Text has been developed for many years so it means that it doesn't have any "baby steps" issues and offers a wide range of plugins and themes, which makes it highly customizable for every developer type (as JavaScript developer will install totally different things from e.g. C# one). Its price is fair, and most important - you pay it only once and it's not a subscription-based software.

After using it for years I've found its development slowed a bit and didn't introduce really any significant upgrades/features. Meanwhile a new competitors has been created (Visual Studio Code), which fit better for my needs and offered more new features that was unavailable in Sublime Text.

Oussama
Founder & Game Designer in Marokko
Computerspiele, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An Excellent Text Editor: Sublime Text

Kommentare: Overall, Sublime Text is an excellent text editor for coding. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an easy-to-use and efficient way to write code.

Sublime Text is an incredibly powerful and intuitive text editor that offers a host of features for customizing and streamlining the coding experience. The interface is both user-friendly and highly customizable. The auto-completion feature is especially helpful for quickly typing out code.

While Sublime Text offers a lot of features, it can be a bit costly compared to other text editors. Additionally, the plugins and extensions can be a bit difficult to install and some of them can be buggy.

Rahul
Rahul
Software Developer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

One of the best multi use text editor for every individual

Kommentare: Sublime Text is a great tool to have and use. I have been using this tool for more than 4 years. Even if I have other text editor Sublime Text is the one I always have in my system. It's a great tool, you must try this if you haven't used it yet.

Sublime Text is a great replacement of any other text editor in the market. The best part in sublime text is its black based theme. The multi line editing feature is a saviour. It also support multiple plugins for different programming language which makes it a one stop editor if you are a full stack developer. Multiple plugin for auto-formatting is pretty awesome in Sublime text. The inbuilt feature to rename, add, delete files and folder is great here.

The global search is not great compared to other text editor. You get some unwanted results also while searching. Downloading plugin is also not a simple task. It can be made more simple for the ease of user for end user.

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A great text editor with great customization options

Kommentare: Very positive. I use it for a lot of text-based needs.

Sublime Text makes it easy for me to customize it to my specific needs, whether I'm coding, writing, or keeping up with my daily tasks and projects.

Some of the modules that you can add to the application make it a little hard to use Sublime Text effectively.

Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

A great and lightweight tool to edit the code and text with amazing features.

Kommentare: Sublime Text is great for code editing and formatting , but not ideal for a full on project development. This has some powerful features and does a great job for what its meant to be.

Sublime text is an easy to use editor which I use almost everyday. It is also fast compared to other editors and it can manage large files without loading the computer and making it stuck. Since. I mainly use this to edit and format my text files, I find the search feature to be very efficient and fast compared to note pad or note++.It is also easily customization where we can have multiple themes, font sizes, fonts etc. as per we like.

It is not a free software that it has pricing. Its hard to use it for a full project development, but good for simple development works due to lack of features for development.

Ignacio
Software Engineer in Spanien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good and lightweight text editor for web development

Kommentare: We are using Sublime Text to create and mantain web apps inside our organization and it more gets the job done.

By default Sublime Text has most of the functionality that I need to create and mantain our web applications and you can add more functionality with the benefit of installing plugins. It has very small footprint on the operating system and I haven't encountered any crashes or degraded performance.

Sublime Text has some great plugins but I find that some of the should be preinstalled by default or at least there should be an option to select some of them inside of the app installer. Also the interface to view and select available plugins could be easier to navigate inside of the application.

MOHAMMAD
Deputy Manager in Indien
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Sublime-Simplicity is the Best Editor.

Kommentare: It has been my Editor Since 2015, when I switched from Eclipse.
Sublime is Simple and easy to code text editor which is best suited for Professional as well as Educational Programmers.
With various Themes Binding, I didnot get bored with the Coding Stuffs.

1. The Built in Packages which comes as a part of Package Control are awesome. 2. The Build-System support for languages is commendable. 3. The Themes and user design is also awesome with adjustable editor and debugger window. 4. The Key bindings for Github, switchings within projects or between projects is easier. 5. Most Suited for Python and C++.

1. Community Followers for Sublime are decreasing with New Products being launched. 2. Less features included for Functional Programming Languages like Scheme, Ocaml and Haskell.

Chiranjib
Chiranjib
Summer Intern in USA
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

The best text editor I have used

Kommentare: I use it everyday to write everything, from random texts for my reports and articles to codes for work.

Sublime hands down is the best text editor I have ever used. I can speak about its endless features for a day but let's highlight the best ones. - It has the keyboard shortcuts inherited from the classic vim editor. Even one can switch to the vim mode of text editing. - The multi-tab feature (like any browser like google chrome) is very helpful for managing multiple text files. Also it always auto-saves. Saved me a lot of time when the desktop accidentally hanged or my laptop was off due to battery drainage. - The color scheme for multiple programming environments make it a standard IDE for many platforms. The code highlight feature is very helpful. - For the lovers of dark mode or dark screen, this is the text-editor to use. Actually this is the first thing I liked about sublime when I chose it after dumping notepad++ or other editors. - Even codes can be run directly from the editor by connecting the compilers (like gcc or g++) from sublime. - There is a thriving community out there designing cool new themes for sublime. So just download a theme if the look becomes boring! - Finally it is cross-platform! Doesn't matter whether you are in windows, mac or linux, sublime text is free to download and use.

There is really nothing to dislike except the fact that every time I save a file, there is a pop-up window appearing that that it is a free version and we can pay them to support their development. Although I know this is true, but showing this message everytime is a bit annoying. There are sometimes errors in plugin. So download and install plugins at your own risk. You can always do a fresh installation if things are messed up!

Francisco
Software developer in Spanien

Perfect JavaScript IDE

Kommentare: For coding frontend is the first option, very fast, no high CPU/RAM consuming, so I'm very happy that I discovered 7 years ago and I daily continue using it. I have to say that first time you work with it, you need to install some extensions and configure it in the way you like to work, this can take a few hours, but after that annoying time you will be happy with the performance.

This tool is not overloading your CPU or RAM. This is one of the biggest problems I see in other IDEs. First time you install it, you can see that design is very simple and the application run very quick. It is easy to find any file or text in all the project with no delay. I like the way the bars are differenciated. Left menu, files opened and the position in the current file at the right left pane. The last is very helpful to have an idea of the size of the code. The base default colors are great so you maybe don't need to adjust a lot, however the visual aspect configuration can be modified with a lot different options. Automatically it is giving different colors to the some special keywords, comnets, statements, parameters... and also you can select these colors. The background in black with such rest of colors is very nice! Also the typography is very clear. The folder structure is not a mess of folders, so you have a small separation between all of them, different icons for the tipe of file and the background is grey to differenciate it from the rest of the screen where you have the code. You can install several plugins but first you need to install the Package Control. Then with Ctrl + Sifht + P, you can start typing the plugin you desire and all them are appearing. Finally it is only needed to select it to be installed. In my case, I'm using it for coding frontend but it is possible to code any kind of programming language.

I didn't like that the program came with a Package Installer by default and I had to install the Package Control. However in the offitial page everything is documented and well explained. There are a lot of extensions to install so when you are trying to find one it could be good to have a kind of sorting by ranking of best valued.

Verlagswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Sublime: Best-ever text editor?

Kommentare: I use it daily to do my programming work. I've got a Git plugin that enables me to never have to leave Sublime -- I can make commits, stage and unstage changes, push branches, etc. Other plugins automatically format my code, show me syntax errors, and everything else. It fits me better than a well-worn pair of jeans. Love it.

If you are a professional programmer, I'm not sure you can do better than Sublime Text. Straight out of the box it is incredibly powerful. The multiple cursor feature is a life-changer all on its own. (If you don't know what multiple cursors are, Google it -- it will change your life.) But beyond that, there is a giant ecosystem of plugins and add-ons that will let you extend it to match whatever languages you work in. It's truly a masterpiece. And SO fast -- you will never spend a single second waiting for ST to get back to you. It's immediate. After a while, once you've learned it, it will become a part of your way of thinking.

I do wish you could print from it. But seriously, that's the only negative thing I can come up with.

Shukurath
Shukurath
Merchandising Executive in Frankreich
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Sublime Text

Kommentare: Sublime Text 3 is an amazing text editor for coding. It is lightweight and fast, making it great for quickly writing, editing, and debugging code. The interface is intuitive and makes it easy to customize your workspace. The code completion and syntax highlighting features are great and save a lot of time. Additionally, the number of plugins available for Sublime Text 3 is astounding, allowing you to customize the editor even further. Overall, Sublime Text 3 has been an excellent experience, and I highly recommend it for coding.

I like that Sublime Text is incredibly powerful and customizable. It also has a very intuitive user interface, which makes it easy to use and navigate. It also has a lot of helpful features like syntax highlighting, multiple cursors, and code auto-completion, which make coding much faster and easier.

I would say that one of the least liked features of Sublime Text is its lack of a built-in project management system. This means that organizing and managing multiple files and folders can be a bit cumbersome when compared to other text editors.

Prudencia
Prudencia
Technician in Energy and Thermal Engineering in Frankreich
Forschung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Sublime Text

As a Technician, I find Sublime Text to be a great choice because of its extensive customization options. It enables me to modify the interface to fit my needs, as well as to customize the syntax highlighting, auto-completion, and other features. Its package manager makes it easy to find and install plugins and packages. Additionally, Sublime Text has a fast, responsive UI and supports a wide variety of programming languages, making it ideal for developers who need to work with multiple languages. Moreover, its support for multiple platforms makes it a great choice for developers who need to work on different operating systems.

One of the things I like least about Sublime Text is that it can be difficult to customize the user interface. There are some settings which can be changed, but there are not as many options as in some other text editors.