I've made readable.io my trusty sidekick. My new title is Richard the Rewrite King!

Bewertet am 6.10.2018
Richard L.

Kommentare: My copy is much more persuasive. Readable.io catches many awkward phrases. A typical reader can understand my copy in seconds rather than minutes. And business readers can read my long copy sales letters -even my e-books! - quickly. colleagues and friends often ask me to edit their writing. They think that I have an especially fine-tuned editorial sense. The name of my "special skill?" Readable.io!

Vorteile: It's speed. I receive virtually instant feedback.
Now my typical grade is A. That's reassuring, but best of all, I learn why.

Nachteile: I don't always agree with its default criticism and recommendation - namely, that I am using too many long words/sentences. Sometimes simple words make simplistic concepts.

Brilliant text scoring feature!

Bewertet am 10.10.2018
Emma L.
Digital Marketing Executive
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use the text readability tool to check my blog posts, landing pages, email newsletters and everything in between. The team have been quick to respond to any queriers I've had too!

Vorteile: The text readability tool. The letter grades and tips give me a real insight into where my writing can improve... and it's a great feeling when you get an 'A'!

Nachteile: I would love it if the text readability feature highlighted specific spelling/grammar issues and/or suggestions.

Very useful for working in a team

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Freelance ESL/ELT writer, editor and consultant
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Excellent.

Vorteile: I often work in a team of writers. I'm actually pretty good at writing in simple, clear English but some of my colleagues are not. If I say 'Your writing is verbose and difficult to read," that's going to sound (a) harshly critical and (b) may get the response, "That's a matter of opinion". If instead I forward a readable.io analysis and say, "Look, your text only scored C" it's less likely to be seen as a harsh and subjective judgement from me. As a result, I think the average quality of writing of the whole team has been raised a little.

Nachteile: Waiting for a few minutes to get the results, although this seems to be improving.

Great product

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
James F.
Communications Manager
Staatsverwaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent. Highly recommended.

Vorteile: My team manage a large volume of webpages (around 500 or so) and this tool saves us a huge amount of time in assuring the quality of our content. Customer service was excellent. I had an issue where I thought the product didn't support the upload of CSV files (it does) and customer support contacted me immediately to explain how to do it - not sure I've ever had customer support that prompt or comprehensive before.

Nachteile: It can be a little difficult to fully understand the full range of functionality, I almost cancelled my subscription because I was unsure about what it could do (turns out it could do what I needed and more).

Useful tool but needs some improvements

Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Shayla V.
Social Media Specialist

Vorteile: Analyzes text in a lot of different ways

Nachteile: Some features take forever to load, like keyword density and gender analysis

Wonderful tool for a primary school teacher

Bewertet am 7.12.2018
Abhik B.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Thank you for this wonderful tool.

Vorteile: The ability to learn about other test, and the way it grades my students reading passages. Love it.

Nachteile: Ease of use.
Links to useful information

A God-send for the marginally literate....

Bewertet am 27.2.2019
Ronald M.
Principal
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: It highlights areas in my writing that I could improve and explains why

Nachteile: It doesn't give great examples of alternatives to problem phrases and sentences in my writing.