Filtern nach:

Über Dameware

Einfach zu bedienendes und erschwingliches Remote-Steuerungs- und Remote-IT-Verwaltungstool für Windows-, Mac- und Linux-Plattformen.

Erfahre mehr über Dameware

Kevin L.
Kevin L.
IT Manager in USA
Öl & Energie

Well, its far better than RDP, VNC, or Teamviewer. But it has room for improvement.

It works well. I starting using the product in 2006 after we had an issue with a VNC install getting brute-forced. No more VNC for me. What led me to the product was honestly frustration with the licensing model that Team viewer uses, and also their recent hack. Team viewer makes you buy the product, every SINGLE version release. You can't buy maintenance and support in perpetuity. Yes, on domain, its a great product. You can access management tools, run remote commands, and loads of of admin functions. Fortunately they also license per tech, so that cuts down on end user fees.

I want single sign on. Honestly, that would really improve the product. We have many remote sites with satellite only. I really wish I could throttle down the bandwidth demand and sacrifice screen quality.

Charles H.
System Administrator in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

A secure program that gets the job done.

Kommentare: Over all, my experience with DameWare has been great. It lets me get my daily job done, let's me fix issues my users are having without having to go all over campus to track down each user, which means I can get more done in a day. The chat feature while you are doing a session is also fantastic especially if phone calls are not an option.

Love how easy it is to use. Am able to get a session started with in a few seconds of opening the application. I use this program daily, and would not be able to get done what I need to do without it. Love that it allows me to see from the customers perspective while still having access to the admin token if needed for elevated action.

It does seem to have issues with screen resolution on newer monitors/monitors that high higher resolution such as 2k. You have to take a few extra steps to force the lower resolution perspective, which, although isn't all that often we run into it, it is annoying that we have to disconnect from the session to apply those changes and then log back in.

James H.
IT Infrastructure Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Survey does not work, IE or FireFox you cannot click on the stars, kinda speaks to the software.

Kommentare: There are no benefits to this software anymore. There are so many other vendors with much better software that cost a lot less. Licensing model for this software is the worst. We are differently looking at other software and will make the change as soon as possible. This goes for our other SolarWinds software too. No support, no updates, no fixes, just a phone call every month on buying stupid add-ons or lets renew 2 years early and save 10%. OMG just stop.

Not much now-a-days. Since SolarWinds took over the software the software has lost all development. SolarWinds only goal with this software is to make money. They do not support it, to not take suggestions, and do not fix the problems that still plague the software since the day they took over.

Since SolarWinds took over the software the software has lost all development. SolarWinds only goal with this software is to make money. They do not support it, to not take suggestions, and do not fix the problems that still plague the software since the day they took over. Extremely over priced and licensing is still broken. Complained about this for years, but SolarWinds will not fix it because they only care about making money not making the software work with the licensing. The competitive software is becoming more and more attractive. 1/10 the price, for life, and they have added the features everyone wants. Plus they want to hear from you on how to make it better. Another CON too many sales staff, I think I have been contacted by 20 different people in the last 3 years, are you kidding me, one person that is all we need. But again SolarWinds is only geared to make money nothing else. Update: After you click submit then the stars are enabled to be clicked on.

Abdullah A.
IT Support Enginer in UK
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Amazing simple Support Tool

Kommentare: Pretty happy with the Tool due to it's simple interface

Simple to Use and pretty robust. Never had any issues with it

Due to being simple you get less features than other remote tools e-g Bomgar

Sergey G.
Sales Engineer in Russland
Automotive, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Dameware review

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Good product

This SW helped solve many issues with my laptop. You need only inform to IT your IP.

Not all SW you can install or correct through it. There are some SW in corporate laptop you need connect to corporate network directly.

Mike S.
Mike S.
Director of IT and Telecom in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Dameware was great, now it's a pain

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall we were very happy with the cost savings versus LogMein. It's not as robust as LMI, but it does what we need it to do (remote control, command prompt, file transfer, multi-screen support) and to support over 100 computers with two concurrent use licenses, about $1100 a year. However, now every tech has to deal with getting a code sent to their desktop app or phone before they can remote into any of OUR computers. As a feature we could enable, fine. Forced on us - unacceptable!

Cost structure. I can license by the tech, not by the computer. And the cost is not that high per tech (concurrent use licensing model). Remote control of client computers is easy and works well. File transfer also works well. Fairly full featured, especially in this price range.

Dameware (SolarWinds) now requires two-factor authentication (mandates!) for me to remote into my own computers. My authentication methods for access to my computers is my business. This is very dictatorial and heavy-handed, and it makes no sense. My credit union does not mandate two-factor authentication, but Dameware does?! I would think twice about deploying this product at this point. It's hard to place such an agent on every computer you wish to remote into. I'm pretty much stuck at this point, with over 100 computers I would have to touch. I may yet switch products though, SolarWinds is not customer-centric at this point.

Samson L.
Samson L.
Senior IT Analyst in Kanada
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Dameware -Silent install

Kommentare: Dameware remote installation can truly be a life saver when users encounter video issue. However, license and client stability is an issue and the program itself is not as polished as its competitors

Dameware is a true diamond for any IT Support staff, software can be installed on the client machine remotely without any user intervention. This is especially useful for us when user has a video issue (usually due to video card/drivers) and the remote client wasn't already pre-installed. In such situation, user would not be able to help installing or access any site to start the connection. As long as the machine is reachable, IT staff can remotely install dameware client, install and configure the video driver for the user and issue resolved within minutes.

Dameware license is not cheap, at least I find LogMeIn Pro is cheaper. Sometimes Dameware client on the remote machine needs to be reinstalled. I don't think I ever encounter situation like this with LogMeIn or Teamviewer

Tim P.
Tim P.
IT Technician in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Offers a ton of features to aid in remote desktop support!

Kommentare: Dameware is a well made remote support tool that has a lot of customization options available. It works smoothly on most PCs and has a great customer service team ready to help if needed.

I like all of the customization that this software offers. It seems to work really well with most operating systems and makes remote assistance a breeze. It takes minimal resources to run smoothly as well.

It seems like our version of Dameware Remote Support doesn't work well with the Windows 10 operating system. The graphics are very choppy and shows a slight delay.

IT Director in USA
Metallabbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

I have used Dameware and its worth the money and then some.

Kommentare: No monthly fees, one you buy its yours per tech no matter if he uses more than one PC. Able to start and stop or even install and delete services, there is remote commnad prompts, remote screen control, and many more features.

Dameware is so powerful giving you insight in to services, allowing for remote command prompts, attaching to PC's in and out of your network, single pane of glass, and so much more.

I wish i could be on my laptop outside company and like a logmein hit any computer anywhere with in my company as a admin

José alexandre dias C.
Técnico de TI in Brasilien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Dameware is worth using

At the company I work for, we use Dameware to provide IT support to our customers, it has a fast and stable remote connection, allows you to leave the access configuration recorded and save the accessed computers to facilitate a new access. Very good.

The file sharing process could be improved, as in Anydesk that we copied from our screen and pasted on the micro client screen.

IT Director in USA
Metallabbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

An essential tool is every admins arsenal

Kommentare: I can be connected to multiple PC's at once including servers, with full console level access. I can lock the remote mouse and keyboard. Dameware Remote Support has allowed me to be in many places at once. End user support experience is great, and server support is good as well. I can select multiple domains and setup favorite machines, for those trouble spots we all know we have. The ability to have access to the registry, logs sessions and shares and much more has enabled me countless hours saved.

The licensing is good. I get to install on my desktop and laptop as one user license. It is Active Directory connected so you have easy access to every client on your network including servers. You get full console level control, plus other features like being able to from the Remote support console stop services, look at event logs and even run remote command line scripts.

The graphical emulator is flaky on certain older video cards, there is no outside in remote support like LogMeIn. From the inside out you can get to clients and from inside to inside you are good, but if i am on the road or on vacation and wanted to for example use a connection with out vpn access, LogMeIn provides me a way in, Dameware does not.

Michael M.
Systems Administrator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Despite not giving it all 5 stars I truly love Dameware RS. I have been using it since the 90's

Kommentare: lots of time savings everywhere. being able to do 90% of my workload without leaving my desk is amazing

The amount of time saved in my day by this tool is invaluable. I use the MRC mostly and daily, but the RS tools are equally valuable even if I do not use them as much. the insight I can gain from the RS tools is amazing. the ability to remove services on the fly is amazing. running remote command prompt also a time saver. I realize there are tools out there that can do all these but having them all together in one place is such a time saver. I could go on and on with what I love about these products

that certain things don't work like they did in the past if not at all. Connect on ping reply is spotty. sometimes it works, other times it does not. SFT File transfers used to work flawlessly now I can't get them to work. there are others and while they do disappoint me that they do not work, there are others that do work so much they make up for them. Also, I hate to say it, but tech support seems almost non-existent. they need to improve there immensely

Jerry L.
System Admin Specialist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The BEST remote control tool there is for Windows!

Kommentare: Easy of remote support.
Ease of installation.
Ability to see remote users desktop.
Lightweight install
Always running service.

I have used Dameware for over 10 years now, and it is hands down, the most powerful, easiest to use, most stable remote control software there is. The MSI creation tool makes it easy to deploy. The ability to see remote screens exactly as the user does is invaluable for software troubleshooting. The speed to connect and support users is great for a tech to be more efficient and not run around all day solving minor issues that can be centrally resolved.

My only 2 complaints are: I wish there were an easier way to have a proxy service reach outside of my network Pc's. There is a way to do it, but it is a bit complicated. I almost wish there was a subscription service that Solar Winds allowed a tech to use to accomplish this. The way to save PC's you connect to frequently is a bit wonky. I have several times connected to another PC, or erased a saved PC with a new PC's name because of how the system presents itself.

Brian K.
IT Support Analyst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Feature packed support platform!

Kommentare: Dameware allows our support technicians to quickly connect with remote users PC's for troubleshooting and assistance. 99% of remote connections issues are easily resolved using the remove/install service option from within the Dameware console. Dameware along with its NT Utilities suite has allowed us to streamline our support process reducing trouble ticket SLA while increasing customer satisfaction.

Pulls network and PC info from Active Directory. Easy to setup and customize your support experience. Support for mulitiple domains as well as connection to non AD computers. Full service portal allows Technical Support Professionals to troubleshoot and assist remote PC's with few limitations. I support multiple sites with over 300 workstations per site, Dameware is always my initial go-to software for remote support over local network as well as VPN. Hands down one of the best remote support suites I have used.

Cons for this software are far and few between. I would like to see the ability to chat with user at remote PC from within Dameware.

Wade T.
Director IT in USA

This is a great piece of software, easy to use and full of features.

I like the fact that I can remote into a computer very quickly, get the task finished and get out. This software makes my job less stressful. I can be "remoted" into 50 computers at the same time, if needed. (really, I've had to do this before)

Not all features actually work. If I change a description of a computer in active directory and the hit "refresh" in Dameware, it does not refresh. I have to close and re-open Dameware. Computer-Properties-System does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Version does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Display does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Resources does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Environment does not work at all with WIN10 Also, it would be great if you could save your spot in Dameware. I work almost exclusively within one OU. Everytime I open Dameware, I have to re-open the OU and wait until it "lights-up" all the computers in the OU before I can proceed.

Margaret A.
System Administrator in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Cheaper than cloud solutions but harder to use

Kommentare: Less expensive remote control solution

Pay once and it's yours. You don't have to keep renewing it yearly at higher and higher rates since you run it internally on your own server.

Have to install on internal server or multiple servers if you also put on DMZ to connect to Internet-based PCs, which takes some expertise. For quite a while we didn't have a public certificate on the DMZ server and trying to talk the users thru all the security errors thrown up by the browser was challenging. It could take 15 minutes just to get thru that step. So then we got a certificate but getting it installed and working on the DMZ server was a bear. Solarwinds does not have adequate instructions on how to do this. Took quite a bit of research. Getting connected to remote users can be challenging the first time you connect to them (if they don't have the client agent installed) even with a certificate installed. I really miss our previous cloud-based solution which was so much easier to use, plus it had more options, like transferring files between computers, but it became unaffordable. Dameware feels very awkward to me compared to it. I can't really rate the customer support because we dropped support due to the cost. So I just flounder around on my own when we have a problem with it, trying to fix it (like trying to get the certificate installed). The support was helpful when we first bought it and I had to get it installed and working on the server.

Chong M.
IT Technician Supervisor in USA
Unterhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great software and beats other competitors!

Kommentare: Virtual RDP, assisting users from all departments, better way to see the problem over a virtual screen, saves the long walk across the floor when an issue can be rectified within a few minutes.

The ability to export your (Saved Host List) onto a .json file and migrate it to a new computer! The ability to view the entire Active Directory list of computers! The MRC Ping feature, love how we can use that ping and connect feature! The ability to set permissions required on connect for certain host of computers.

On a user that has dual screens, required to switch from screen 1 and 2. The way the old version auto-created a host into your host list when typing over a saved (computer) on your host list, on the new version you are required to click (+New) then type in a computer name, by mistake sometimes we tend to type in a computer name when Dameware loads and mistakenly erase a saved host computer, a bit frustrating at most.

Doug R.
Systems Administrator II in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to administer and use, a lot of bang for the buck.

I am the one who has installed, configured, and administer DameWare Remote Support in our environment. The simplicity and ease of use of MRC and other components inside of DWRS offer a wide spectrum of tools at your disposal for remotely connecting to machines on and off your domain network through internet sessions. This is probably the most used software in our IT department, all of our users use it every single day several times a day.

I feel like the UX/GUI could use a refresh, it appears to be dated. We have had an issue on our network with devices discovering other devices belonging to other VLANs to show up in the computer list, and support basically told us there wasn't anything they could do to support as it is a Windows related issue causing it. We instead just use the workstation list which is an exhaustive list.

Steven B.
Analyst II in USA
Verpackung und Container, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Product is used in our large corporation and is a time saver with manual deployments & support.

Kommentare: Easily deployed to pcs which do not have the Dameware client. Great options to repair a broken Dameware clients, doesn't happen often :0) but great to have when needed. Good quality video, not much more network overhead than plain RDP but much more useful.

Password function does not integrate with Active Directory, this often causes me to lock my self out when my PW changes every 45 days, self inflicted i know, but... Sometimes disconnects when changing users on a remote PC. Interface is a bit clunky.... However, these few things are far outweighed by Dameware's usefulness and solid performance. Definitely worth having!!!

Lisa H.
Systems Administrator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Like this software a lot

Kommentare: I have a checklist of things to do upon arriving at work, and being able to do them from my workstation is far more efficient than having to do them from the server. So, Dameware has made my access to the server highly efficient and I'm more productive using it.

I like that it was pretty easy to purchase, install, and update. I like the user interface, and it's easy knowing when a new version has been released (good email communication) and then to update the version (and to renew). I don't use it to access my coworkers' workstations, but just to access the server from my workstation, which is all I need. We're a small business, and if I have to see something on another workstation, it's better for me to go to it, as often there are environmental variables that should get my attention as well (say, the plant on the shelf over the workstation).

Francine R.
System Administrator / ISO in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

We use Dameware to connect to our end user systems to assist them with problems helpdesk problems.

Kommentare: ease of use!!

We would not be able to perform our helpdesk job nearly as well without being able to connect so seamlessly. We do not have to turn remote desktop on every system which is a huge security relief. Allowing users so see what we are doing is helpful to them so that they can help themselves in the future. I love being able to view event logs easily and without interrupting the end users work flow. Easily retrieving information regarding a system status such as properties, processes, software, services etc. all in one place is extremely valuable.

I use Dameware everyday it is difficult to find something negative, I suppose I would like for the computer icons to turn blue from grey when a user system becomes active rather than having to exit the program and re-enter to see active systems.

Brian B.
Network/Systems Administrator Lvl I in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Solid Remote Support Software

Kommentare: The ability to support users remotely with minimal delay or work on the user's side.

Dameware makes remote user assistance easy. Once the client is installed you have a permanent connection to the workstation until it is re-imaged. It works well with active directory avoiding the need for one time passwords. The central server aspect of this product allows multiple techs to share an organized list of clients with custom names. This avoids confusion with users that like to change systems without notifying IT. Dameware has a great integration with Solarwind's WebHelpDesk. It allows you to directly connect to a user's system from inside the help desk. Once a session has been completed it will automatically post chat logs and additional details to your help desk tickets. The install process is smooth

Support on advanced issues has some delay. Custom HTTPS certs for the remote server will break the webhelpdesk integration. Overall would recommend Dameware.

Stephen D.
IT Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

We have been using Dameware for a few years now and find it extremely dependable and effective.

Kommentare: This software has allowed our teams to remotely manage thousands of endpoints remotely and effectively. The cost savings which this application provides is outstanding when you compare it to other solutions and the amount of resources you would normally have to utilize in order to get the same amount of work done.

We have found that the software allows us to perform many functions remotely. The features within the product also enable our teams to collaborate w/ technicians in the field. By using Dameware we are able to reduce the amount of resources utilized by managing and troubleshooting remotely. The cost of this product is also very adequate for the amount of services it provides.

I feel that the product is great, but it could use better training tools for first time users. Such as video tutorials and guides that are readily available from the application itself.

IT Specialist in Honduras
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great software for remote support

Kommentare: Very helpful to support your staff, either on remote offices or on different offices in your same building, without actually having to be present there.

Dameware is easy to use, easy to install and can connect to multiple types of clients. We have been using it for several years to provide remote IT assistance to our staff, on both Windows and Mac computer (using VNC), and it is very helpful.

You sometimes have to fiddle with the settings, depending on the client machine, and there are times when the connection does not work right away (can't say if it is an issue with the software or with out network or the configuration of our PCs). Sometimes, the remote connection is switched to a "Mirror Driver" mode, where some commands like Ctrl+Alt+Del do not work, and you have to use the on-screen keyboard for this.

Cody J.
Endpoint Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy, effective, my go-to tool for remote desktop in IT

Kommentare: I use it every day for remotely connecting to computers throughout the US. It is indispensable.

Seamless connections to remote devices using either domain or local credentials. Good feature set (for example, can ping the device during a reboot and automatically reconnect when it's back online) and overall smart design. No need to install anything on the client beforehand, the software does it for you at connection time if it needs to.

There are so many options and icons that it's a little overwhelming, and the icons don't have text labels. The options feel a little cluttered -- it took me a long time to discover and understand all the various options. But it's hard to combine a rich feature set with an elegant interface, and overall DameWare is highly user-friendly (for a technical person).