Über Dameware

Einfach zu bedienendes und erschwingliches Remote-Steuerungs- und Remote-IT-Verwaltungstool für Windows-, Mac- und Linux-Plattformen.

Erfahre mehr über Dameware

What I do not like is that when I keep an organized list of end point machines, it keeps losing my machine names and mixing them up.

Bewertungen zu Dameware

Dameware hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 247 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Dameware bereits verwendet?

Kevin
Kevin
IT Manager in USA
Öl & Energie

Well, its far better than RDP, VNC, or Teamviewer. But it has room for improvement.

It works well. I starting using the product in 2006 after we had an issue with a VNC install getting brute-forced. No more VNC for me. What led me to the product was honestly frustration with the licensing model that Team viewer uses, and also their recent hack. Team viewer makes you buy the product, every SINGLE version release. You can't buy maintenance and support in perpetuity. Yes, on domain, its a great product. You can access management tools, run remote commands, and loads of of admin functions. Fortunately they also license per tech, so that cuts down on end user fees.

I want single sign on. Honestly, that would really improve the product. We have many remote sites with satellite only. I really wish I could throttle down the bandwidth demand and sacrifice screen quality.

Charles
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

A secure program that gets the job done.

Kommentare: Over all, my experience with DameWare has been great. It lets me get my daily job done, let's me fix issues my users are having without having to go all over campus to track down each user, which means I can get more done in a day. The chat feature while you are doing a session is also fantastic especially if phone calls are not an option.

Love how easy it is to use. Am able to get a session started with in a few seconds of opening the application. I use this program daily, and would not be able to get done what I need to do without it. Love that it allows me to see from the customers perspective while still having access to the admin token if needed for elevated action.

It does seem to have issues with screen resolution on newer monitors/monitors that high higher resolution such as 2k. You have to take a few extra steps to force the lower resolution perspective, which, although isn't all that often we run into it, it is annoying that we have to disconnect from the session to apply those changes and then log back in.

Gatuko
Accounting Manager in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

An Amazing Remote Support Solution For Business

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

It is the best I have used for remote support and IT ticketing It makes working remotely easy thanks to its many supporting features Comes with great help desk features

No major concerns with Dameware as it meets the need.

James
IT Infrastructure Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Survey does not work, IE or FireFox you cannot click on the stars, kinda speaks to the software.

Kommentare: There are no benefits to this software anymore. There are so many other vendors with much better software that cost a lot less. Licensing model for this software is the worst. We are differently looking at other software and will make the change as soon as possible. This goes for our other SolarWinds software too. No support, no updates, no fixes, just a phone call every month on buying stupid add-ons or lets renew 2 years early and save 10%. OMG just stop.

Not much now-a-days. Since SolarWinds took over the software the software has lost all development. SolarWinds only goal with this software is to make money. They do not support it, to not take suggestions, and do not fix the problems that still plague the software since the day they took over.

Since SolarWinds took over the software the software has lost all development. SolarWinds only goal with this software is to make money. They do not support it, to not take suggestions, and do not fix the problems that still plague the software since the day they took over. Extremely over priced and licensing is still broken. Complained about this for years, but SolarWinds will not fix it because they only care about making money not making the software work with the licensing. The competitive software is becoming more and more attractive. 1/10 the price, for life, and they have added the features everyone wants. Plus they want to hear from you on how to make it better. Another CON too many sales staff, I think I have been contacted by 20 different people in the last 3 years, are you kidding me, one person that is all we need. But again SolarWinds is only geared to make money nothing else. Update: After you click submit then the stars are enabled to be clicked on.

Misty
IT Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Dameware is worth the investment.

Kommentare: I went into this with a need-to-help communication with clients. But unknowingly this purchase has brought so much more then I thought. Asset management, ticket management, end-user tracking, remote desktop, and more. Also, the vast amount of documentation they offer is amazing. Tech support has always been [sensitive content hidden] on the spot as well. So it's worth the investment.

When supporting a big network or if you support a bunch of different networks and users this is a good investment to keep organization easy. Ticket management and ticket dashboard are so much easier to use than other ticket systems I have seen. I can keep the ticket creator updated on every step of the ticket and prevent that extra step of reaching out to the user.

The cost is not great but it is worth it down the road when you utilize all the functions.

Reda
CTO in Marokko
Verbraucherdienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good remote and windows/AD administration tool

Kommentare: Very good tool to help users and administrator

No installation on computers before the first connection or administrative action.

More RMM fonctions like softaware installation or windows update?

Abdullah
IT Support Enginer in UK
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Amazing simple Support Tool

Kommentare: Pretty happy with the Tool due to it's simple interface

Simple to Use and pretty robust. Never had any issues with it

Due to being simple you get less features than other remote tools e-g Bomgar

Sergey
Sales Engineer in Russland
Automotive, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Dameware review

Kommentare: Good product

This SW helped solve many issues with my laptop. You need only inform to IT your IP.

Not all SW you can install or correct through it. There are some SW in corporate laptop you need connect to corporate network directly.

Mike
Mike
Director of IT and Telecom in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Dameware was great, now it's a pain

Kommentare: Overall we were very happy with the cost savings versus LogMein. It's not as robust as LMI, but it does what we need it to do (remote control, command prompt, file transfer, multi-screen support) and to support over 100 computers with two concurrent use licenses, about $1100 a year. However, now every tech has to deal with getting a code sent to their desktop app or phone before they can remote into any of OUR computers. As a feature we could enable, fine. Forced on us - unacceptable!

Cost structure. I can license by the tech, not by the computer. And the cost is not that high per tech (concurrent use licensing model). Remote control of client computers is easy and works well. File transfer also works well. Fairly full featured, especially in this price range.

Dameware (SolarWinds) now requires two-factor authentication (mandates!) for me to remote into my own computers. My authentication methods for access to my computers is my business. This is very dictatorial and heavy-handed, and it makes no sense. My credit union does not mandate two-factor authentication, but Dameware does?! I would think twice about deploying this product at this point. It's hard to place such an agent on every computer you wish to remote into. I'm pretty much stuck at this point, with over 100 computers I would have to touch. I may yet switch products though, SolarWinds is not customer-centric at this point.

Leon
Leon
Technical Manager in Südafrika
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Dameware a powerfull IT Infrastructure, Support, Maintenance and configuration tool set.

Kommentare: Dameware is a Powerful, comprehensive and secure IT support tool with remarkable remote connection capabilities that is easy to use and real value for money.

Its ease of use, scalability and powerful functionality

Integration with third party Service Desk software as well as remote platforms supported is limited.

Jeremy
IT Director in USA
Metallabbau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

An essential tool is every admins arsenal

Kommentare: I can be connected to multiple PC's at once including servers, with full console level access. I can lock the remote mouse and keyboard. Dameware Remote Support has allowed me to be in many places at once. End user support experience is great, and server support is good as well. I can select multiple domains and setup favorite machines, for those trouble spots we all know we have. The ability to have access to the registry, logs sessions and shares and much more has enabled me countless hours saved.

The licensing is good. I get to install on my desktop and laptop as one user license. It is Active Directory connected so you have easy access to every client on your network including servers. You get full console level control, plus other features like being able to from the Remote support console stop services, look at event logs and even run remote command line scripts.

The graphical emulator is flaky on certain older video cards, there is no outside in remote support like LogMeIn. From the inside out you can get to clients and from inside to inside you are good, but if i am on the road or on vacation and wanted to for example use a connection with out vpn access, LogMeIn provides me a way in, Dameware does not.

Wade
Director IT in USA

This is a great piece of software, easy to use and full of features.

I like the fact that I can remote into a computer very quickly, get the task finished and get out. This software makes my job less stressful. I can be "remoted" into 50 computers at the same time, if needed. (really, I've had to do this before)

Not all features actually work. If I change a description of a computer in active directory and the hit "refresh" in Dameware, it does not refresh. I have to close and re-open Dameware. Computer-Properties-System does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Version does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Display does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Resources does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Environment does not work at all with WIN10 Also, it would be great if you could save your spot in Dameware. I work almost exclusively within one OU. Everytime I open Dameware, I have to re-open the OU and wait until it "lights-up" all the computers in the OU before I can proceed.

Chong
IT Technician Supervisor in USA
Unterhaltung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great software and beats other competitors!

Kommentare: Virtual RDP, assisting users from all departments, better way to see the problem over a virtual screen, saves the long walk across the floor when an issue can be rectified within a few minutes.

The ability to export your (Saved Host List) onto a .json file and migrate it to a new computer! The ability to view the entire Active Directory list of computers! The MRC Ping feature, love how we can use that ping and connect feature! The ability to set permissions required on connect for certain host of computers.

On a user that has dual screens, required to switch from screen 1 and 2. The way the old version auto-created a host into your host list when typing over a saved (computer) on your host list, on the new version you are required to click (+New) then type in a computer name, by mistake sometimes we tend to type in a computer name when Dameware loads and mistakenly erase a saved host computer, a bit frustrating at most.

Steven
Analyst II in USA
Verpackung und Container, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Product is used in our large corporation and is a time saver with manual deployments & support.

Kommentare: Easily deployed to pcs which do not have the Dameware client. Great options to repair a broken Dameware clients, doesn't happen often :0) but great to have when needed. Good quality video, not much more network overhead than plain RDP but much more useful.

Password function does not integrate with Active Directory, this often causes me to lock my self out when my PW changes every 45 days, self inflicted i know, but... Sometimes disconnects when changing users on a remote PC. Interface is a bit clunky.... However, these few things are far outweighed by Dameware's usefulness and solid performance. Definitely worth having!!!

Brian
Network/Systems Administrator Lvl I in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Solid Remote Support Software

Kommentare: The ability to support users remotely with minimal delay or work on the user's side.

Dameware makes remote user assistance easy. Once the client is installed you have a permanent connection to the workstation until it is re-imaged. It works well with active directory avoiding the need for one time passwords. The central server aspect of this product allows multiple techs to share an organized list of clients with custom names. This avoids confusion with users that like to change systems without notifying IT. Dameware has a great integration with Solarwind's WebHelpDesk. It allows you to directly connect to a user's system from inside the help desk. Once a session has been completed it will automatically post chat logs and additional details to your help desk tickets. The install process is smooth

Support on advanced issues has some delay. Custom HTTPS certs for the remote server will break the webhelpdesk integration. Overall would recommend Dameware.

Cody
Endpoint Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy, effective, my go-to tool for remote desktop in IT

Kommentare: I use it every day for remotely connecting to computers throughout the US. It is indispensable.

Seamless connections to remote devices using either domain or local credentials. Good feature set (for example, can ping the device during a reboot and automatically reconnect when it's back online) and overall smart design. No need to install anything on the client beforehand, the software does it for you at connection time if it needs to.

There are so many options and icons that it's a little overwhelming, and the icons don't have text labels. The options feel a little cluttered -- it took me a long time to discover and understand all the various options. But it's hard to combine a rich feature set with an elegant interface, and overall DameWare is highly user-friendly (for a technical person).

Anthony
Technology Director in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome!

Kommentare: Do not run a Windows domain without this product!!

It is very simple to use and works flawlessly. There is no need to install anything at the client level and almost immediately can access domain based machines. I have been using this for about 10 years and cannot imagine not having it in a Windows domain environment.

There really are no serious flaws, nothing beats this for remote access to domain computers. I occasionally get warnings about the mirror drivers for display but it works anyway. I occasionally have disconnect and reconnect to refresh a screen after remotely logging into the client machine. This is one of the few products that actually delivers on it's promises and is still very reasonably priced.

Gerad
System Administrator in USA

Dameware is one of the easiest to deploy, setup and use remote desktop products.

Kommentare: An easily deployed solution that allowed me and my team to remote into workstations to assist end users with issues.

The thing I like most about Dameware is the ease of deployment. We have over 400 workstations and as long as you provide credentials that have admin privileges on the machine then dameware will install itself. This was a significant improvement over Teamviewer which was our previous solution.

The only con I have about the software is that the interface could be more intuitive. It is very easy for your list of computers to get messy and unorganized. It doesn't seem to have any way to sort them that I can tell except for manually moving and creating folders.

Rechtsberatung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Used Dameware for remote support of 70+ machines

Kommentare: good price allowing for remote user access

Dameware lets me mange 70+ computers in 12 locations all from my desktop. I can install updates and fix any user issues. The best part is i can watch a user with out them knowing. This has allowed us to catch youtube and facebook watchers. The software is easy to use and a decent price. It also supports UAC so you don't need any end user help. With remote install we don't have to travel to any office locations.

The interface is from the 90's. Even the latest version has an old look to it. Everything works it just looks old not a big con at all.

Raul
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

I have been using Dameware for over 5 years and it has always met my requirements with no issues.

Kommentare: I am able to more effectively trouble shoot issues remotely because the program different protocols to connect. It reduces the time that I spend time trying to connect using RDP.

That is uses a different protocol than RDP, which provides more features. I am able to get information about the computer I am connected to. The best feature that it passes Smart Card credentials to the remote computer.

Since most companies are using two factor authentication, it would be useful if Dameware Central Server would allow that instead of requiring an account and password for the LDAP query to allow users to use the software

Jaime
Sr IT/LMDW Analyst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Very easy to use. Intuitive interface.

Kommentare: Easy to connect/shadow other computers for support or incident resolution.

Having used previous versions in the past, the new releases are very intuitive and easy to use. Once you are sure that you have admin access on the client computer, it is very easy to connect and interact without the need of end user having to grant pearmissions or go through a share screen process. Very simple, very clean.

I have found that sometimes computername needs to be substituted with IP address in order to find the target PC. Not sure if it is a network related issue or Dameware's.

Miles
Systems Admin in USA
Lagerung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

We have around 300 end users and own 5 licenses. There are 2 of us that use it the majority of time.

I love the tool box at the top of the screen. So much functionality. "View Only"; "Print" and many more. It is very reliable as long as your network is functioning correctly. I was used to having to have IP address to connect at last job but find using the computer name to be just as easy, if not better all together. We got a few more licenses to give the remote access feature to a few other employees and it was very easy to explain to them how to use it properly.

It took a little while to get used to the format. But no different than any new software. It also took a few tries to get the logging in to work smoothly. However, once I figured it out there has been no issues.

Aaron
Network Administrator in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great software. Very responsive when connected to other workstations.

Kommentare: Quick support from our IT department for our users via remote capabilities.

I love the responsiveness when connected to other clients. It's much more responsive and smooth than the other remote applications we have. Unless the mirror driver failed, there is no clipping or lag when typing.

Not exactly straight forward for setting up a saved user for connecting to clients. We also had an application that would black out on the end of whoever was connecting so we couldn't support it remotely with this.

Sebastien
Lead Analyst Programmer in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best remote assistance tool

Kommentare: My favorite computer admin tool to use, easy, fast, can't do without it!

Being able to connect to a computer without having to log in on that computer is the best feature. I allows for quick observation of the users problems, allows connection if no one is attending to the remote device and you don't want to and can't log out the current user.

Nothing really, the interface could use some updating maybe, it works great but still has that Windows 98 look to it kind of.

Sharif
Systems Analyst II in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Just the right toolkit we were looking for to meet our remote support needs.

Kommentare: Easy to manage multiple remote sessiosn, remote process mon, and remote registry have been very helpful.

Push capability, Remote Support tools are great for remote registry and remote process access has really benefited our support team. It is an excellent all in one place for us to troublshoot client systems.

Monitor resolution could be better, RC is limited to remote system display resolution. Can be slow to connect at times.