AdRoll lets you retarget your users in the easiest way

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Mithil P.
Digital Marketing

Kommentare: IT has been great due to the simple features and use. No technical or training required.

Vorteile: There is no complexity with this product. Right from reporting to customer service.

Nachteile: It does not capture the lead information. API integration is difficult too.

Adroll, a tool that guarantees overcrowding

Bewertet am 16.9.2019
Sarah e. B.
Government Management Consultant
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Adroll is presented as a tool focused on capturing potential customers through very precise means such as the evaluation of their tastes and behavior to be more precise when inferring what their needs are and, consequently, what products could arrive to be of your interest. That fact is vital for a company because it can provide exponential growth. Adroll as a platform has a wide scope to integrate its services using other platforms as a tool, mostly those that offer social network service, in such a way that it expands its own efficiency. At the time of deciding to acquire the services of Adroll, one of the reasons that moved you was to find that its price is accessible and adequate to the value of the platform, in addition to its friendly terms. Speaking of the availability of the tools that allow the user to learn about the unfolding of the platform, Adroll offers webinars and complete and understandable documentation.

Vorteile: Adroll can offer the user clear benefits, such as precise segmentation of the population studied as potential customers through its location, behavior and the type of population that seeks to impact the company. Adroll can generate a recommendation engine as well as customize when making new searches for potential clients, generating a resegmentation. The platform of Adroll is an ambitious investment recommended by companies that wish to generate an impact with their campaigns in a massified manner. Adroll is used by important companies worldwide which is sufficient guarantee of its effectiveness and commitment to the growth of the investments of the users. Using the platform is a sure bet towards business success.

Nachteile: The most important limitations of the platform are the following: it does not work with drip campaigns, it does not evaluate potential clients individually, it does not generate sales intelligence, it does not carry out exhaustive monitoring of visitors to the business website, it grows from the pages service e landing and completion of forms via the web, search marketing options are limited.

Hit or miss, but a platform worth testing

Bewertet am 31.12.2019
Shaun F.
Director of Online Advertising

Kommentare: I have used Adroll for a number of different clients, and like my title says the results are very hit or miss. As a branding tool I think Adroll can be very powerful and the fact they measure view-through conversions is a nice feature but most of my clients aren't interested in that metric. With all that being said we have a number of ecommerce clients that are seeing great ROAS from the platform. I believe this is due to their unique dynamic banners.

Vorteile: I like Adrolls dynamic display banners that they can create. They also offer support to produce display banners for advertisers who might not have the resources to do it themselves.

Nachteile: I find their interface a little challenging to use and optimize. Updating UTM parameters can be challenging and a bit time consuming.

Very nice looking - but double check your numbers

Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Brian W.
Marketing Manager
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall - I enjoy the interface from AdRoll and find it really easy to get campaigns out and running. One just needs to make sure their numbers are accurate so utilizing another source for attribution is important.

Vorteile: AdRoll has a very nice looking interface that is pretty easy to deal with. One of the things I like is how easy it is to put a campaign together and get it running. It is very easy to get a quick glimpse of your numbers and see how you are currently doing....

Nachteile: However, the buyer does need to beware in how attribution is counted for AdRoll. AdRoll, like most companies, tries to make their numbers look better than they really are. There are different columns for click-attributed revenue and another one for view-attributed revenue. I am sorry - view-attributed revenue is not a direct click to my site and should not factor into how well your ROAS is working out.

Third Party Remarketing, is it Necessary in 2019?

Bewertet am 4.1.2019
Michael B.
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'd recommend AdRoll to new folks, but the added fees when you could use first-party are the main problem here. First party Remarketing in FB, AdWords and the like has come a long way and is easier than ever to implement yourself. For those who are more intermediate to advanced, stick to the first-party solutions.

Vorteile: Adroll has been a early player in the Remarketing Space and for some time, was one of the few choices for FB Remarketing. Since then the marketplace has expanded quite a bit, to introduce many new players. But the real question remains: Is third party remarketing even necessary in today's day and age? Assuming you're making your first foray into the world of remarketing, AdRoll is a great choice for companies who don't have the ability to develop their own creative. AdRoll's design team is competent, and it's a free perk with your account. ROI from AdRoll tends to be good, assuming your tracking is set up correctly. Customer support is quick and attentive. One of their major selling points.

Nachteile: Their UI is dated, and slow. Reporting leaves a lot to be desired in terms of custom reporting on placements, and even more detailed reporting generally. While implentation is easy, it's also easy to set up incorrectly if you're new to attribution and Remarketing. This can lead to some pains down the road with clients / your business.

Good re targeting software with lots of help!

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Louise A.
Senior Digital Strategist

Kommentare: The ability to reach new audience through retargeting ads!

Vorteile: I love the customer service. It's really easy to get in touch with someone and have them walk you through the campaign. Throughout the year, we always had people that would call us up and help us make decisions for our campaigns. It's also really cost-effective which has been great for our smaller clients.

Nachteile: The set up process does seem a little simple. You can't really get down to the nitty gritty targeting, especially with Facebook. For that reason, we've moved some of our clients out and just set up retargeting through Facebook - now that that's possible.

Inexpensive Remarketing

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
John H.
Digital Marketing Strategist

Kommentare: I enjoy using AdRoll for client remarketing. They will always be a part of my advertising stack.

Vorteile: AdRoll is an excellent up-and-coming ad server for primarily remarketing purposes. They're constantly adding new features that enable you to reach out to Facebook audiences and even Email audiences. The remarketing tools available with AdRoll are not matched by their competitors.

Nachteile: Some buggy aspects to the user interface and reporting features, and sometimes the results are not tracked well because of the attribution methods.

Perfect for chasing your website visitors with ads

Bewertet am 10.4.2019
Igor G.
SaaS marketing manager

Kommentare: Great platform for advertising.

Vorteile: Adroll is pretty easy to set up and manage. Understanding of basic principles is enough to setup campaigns but there's also a lot of depth to it.

Nachteile: Sometimes it doesn't perform as well as facebook ads or adwords but it heavily depends on the niche and campaigns.s

Average retargeting vendor

Bewertet am 19.2.2019
Kimberly S.
Director digital
Internet, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Adroll helps me to diversify the mix of traffic I get from my campaigns while maintaining a good quality for my advertisers.

Vorteile: Adroll offers vast reach, specifically in Tier 1 countries. The quality of the campaigns is pretty good, specifically for mobile in app.

Nachteile: Its not clear which data points does the algorithm use to optimize. Reports are a bit basic. Would be good to get more granularity. It works a bit of a "black box" technology. It would be nice to get some visibility on why does the platform optimize on which features.

The quickest and easiest remarketing tool ever

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Jyothish J.
Digital Marketing Manager

Kommentare: You can stop worrying about your re-marketing campaigns after putting adroll campaigns in autopilot mode. A really useful and easy-to-setup tool for enterprises.

Vorteile: It was very easy to setup and started running a re marketing campaign in 5 mins. They even help to create ad designs for your ads. The tool has also a free account but pay-as-you-go pricing.

Nachteile: The reporting and analytics functionality can improve- especially the conversion graphs & terms sometimes feels like misleading.

Brings good results. Not so easy to use but you soon get a hold of it.

Bewertet am 11.12.2017
VP of Operations
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Adroll provides an easy way to create and monitor your retargeting campaigns, so your website visitors get tagged with a cookie and start seeing your display ads all over other websites they visit. It's a great tool to get new customers, by pulling them further into the decision-making process making sure your brand is always on their minds.

Vorteile: The whole concept of retargeting is great and Adroll is one of the best platforms for it. It does have a wide network of global websites for ads in English, and it also has some special tools like email targeting and Facebook ads.

Nachteile: Their customer support / account management is a little overwhelmed so we eventually have to wait a few days or about a week to get a problem solved (like banners not being tracked for clicks). They lack media space in countries where English is not the main language, so banners for specific markets take much longer to have the needed number of impressions (and some formats are not even published). I believe the cost is a little high, but I assume these prices are mostly linked to the campaign objective and optimization (clicks / conversions) and market prices for media.

Advertising made easy

Bewertet am 12.3.2018
Gjenes B.
Marketing Specialist
Medizinische Geräte, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being able to take our assets and have them easily implemented onto adroll's platform for retargeting purposes. It's easy for our team to use and we appreciate the ability to track each set to stay afloat our advertising projects. I highly recommend for a team looking for a solid retargeting platform.

Vorteile: I really love the ability to work with our account rep and get help and insight on how our ads are functioning and can do even better the next set of tests. Its really easy in terms of uploading and tracking each ad set. Adroll recently added the ability to target new leads, rather than being a retargeting platofrm only which is great. We are able to retarget on Facebook/Instagram as well not just web. It's easy to use and we use this daily.

Nachteile: The platform can get a bit messy looking. There is a lot to look at sometimes and it looks cluttered to me. I appreciate the navigation tabs for different categories but I do wish it was a bit cleaner looking.

Quite straightforward, very little tech background needed, but not always best for small website.

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Jaron H.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Adroll makes it super easy to jump into retargeting ads with little to no previous experience. I had never run retargeting ads before, and the platform makes it pretty easy to get started by guiding you through the process. They also have pretty great support that will help you along the way to get your ads live. I am fortunate to have a graphic design background, so it's pretty easy for me to design and upload my own high quality banner ads. I believe that they will help you too if you do not have that skill.

Nachteile: There is a minimum ad spend. This doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, but let me explain why it's unfortunate for me. I own a local service business. We only service people in our geographical area. Because of this, I don't have a ton of web traffic compared to an ecommerce website, blog, marketplace, SaaS, etc. I only receive traffic from people in my 50 mile radius. With a minimum ad spend per day, this means that my small amount of local web traffic just gets bombarded by a lot of retargeting ads. Basically, the minimum budget is divided by a small number of website visitors. If I had larger traffic, it wouldn't be a big deal. I wish that I could have a lower budget with my small amount of local traffic.

More and more important to our company

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Founder & Creative Director
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With limited time during our day, AdRoll helps us to effectively automate large chunks of our marketing.

Vorteile: We use AdRoll for everything from our retargeting ad campaigns to email marketing. We've found it very effective and reasonably priced. The longer AdRoll has been installed on our site, the better it performs. And not a small thing to mention- their customer service and tech support are outstanding.

Nachteile: Not really a complaint, but there could be more extensive analytics/insight regarding the ad's reach and customer behavior on the site.

Clunky advertising platform with lackluster customer support and noticeable lack of features.

Bewertet am 17.2.2018
Web Content Manager
Möbel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While we used it, we were able to re-target our site visitors. In the long run though, we weren't able to determine how much of an ROI we were getting (we are brick and mortar primarily, so attribution is difficult).

Vorteile: What I liked most about AdRoll was that it is self-service. However, that is a double-edged sword (more on that in a minute). It also has no spend commitments or contracts. It seems like if you have a lot of time, you could get decent CPMs and conversion rates. They have also expanded their offerings to Native and Email retargeting, although I only used the display retargeting portion while I used it so I can't speak to those. There are probably a lot of people that use AdRoll and are happy with the results. However, I'm a sort of swiss-army knife digital marketer for a small business and I don't have time to constantly design, upload, monitor and tweak dozens of ads myself. So for us, it just wasn't a good fit. Now for the reasons why.

Nachteile: We recently discontinued using AdRoll because of several frustrations with the platform. The customer support used to be really good, until they implemented more self-service functionality. Now, talking to someone to get help is much more difficult, and the quality of service I received was very mediocre. If you want creative services, you still have to use their "request" tool, which is clunky and time-consuming to try and get a rest in. You would probably spend just as much time designing it yourself. I never had luck with the Conversion setup, and found that my conversions were always reporting incorrectly. Maybe it was user error. But I had a harder time that I have on other platforms. Also, audience targeting in my opinion is too basic. Why can I only target one page per audience? That limitation made most of my audiences ineffective and useless. So instead you are stuck targeting based on things like "engagement rate" and so forth. Perhaps my biggest gripes are that there is no in-app banner designer and the ad browser is slow and painful for me to try and navigate.

A Great Place to Start for Retargeting

Bewertet am 6.6.2018
Director, Demand Generation

Kommentare: Easy retargeting ads.

Vorteile: It's dead simple to run ad retargeting. The entirely variable spend aspect f their model means that you can start small and grow. The marketo integration means that you can theoretically only target those who match a list in marketo, but we've found that the overlap between adroll tracking and marketo's means a very small list to target.

Nachteile: Can't target based on account (need their new product RollWorks for that). Wehn we target based on a list of individual email addresses (via Marketo sync), we aren't able to serve many ads (match rate too small?).

AdRoll allows marketers to reach their audience with personalized messaging along the entire buyer's journey.

Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Ariel D.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: - Simple retargeting via integration with Marketing Automation platforms (we use HubSpot)
- Cross-platform ad personalization capabilities (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Simplified campaign management and optimization

Nachteile: - Higher level of support during the technical setup process would really improve the onboarding process
- Consistent, proactive account management is key with organizations like AdRoll. A dedicated rep goes such a long way
- More granular reporting would help with back-end optimization and client recommendations

Extremely simple to use

Bewertet am 10.7.2018

Vorteile: I like how it makes retargeting ridiculously simple for anyone to use and utilize. I think retargeting is severely underused for many advertisers.

Nachteile: The costs can quickly add up and if you have a small audience, the cost won't justify the return. You need a bigger audience.

Easy to use- and very effective

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Andrew P.
Founder & Creative Director

Vorteile: We've been using AdRoll for years now and always have a sizable ROI. It's very simple to set up and connect to your site. From there, make compelling ads and let it do its thing. One of the best things about AdRoll is that it essentially runs itself.

Nachteile: We would like more granular analytics so that we can better judge which and why certain ads perform better than others.

Very user friendly

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Nikki S.
Digital Marketing Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the software is great. The cost is hardly noticeable and its very easy to use and to measure your results.

Vorteile: It is very user friendly and visually appealing, which makes it easy to use.

Nachteile: In order to upload HTML5 ads, you have to contact support. It's not a time consuming process, but it's still an added step.

Adroll is great for Facebook

Bewertet am 11.11.2016
Locale S.
Digital Operations

Kommentare: Adroll provides a great retargeting platform for Facebook, but the general web retargeting is lacking. Also, customer support takes a long time to receive replies, which can be negative if you are running time sensitive campaigns.

Vorteile: Ease of use for Facebook purposes.

Nachteile: Customer support and general web retargeting.

Cheap Conversions, if you already have the traffic.

Bewertet am 8.10.2018
Growth Marketing Manager - Demand Generation
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good growth channel to get more ROI out of adspend.

Vorteile: Very cheap traffic, generally high quality bar since these visitors are already exposed to your business. Relatively easy to get clicks with minimal work.

Nachteile: Interface could use some work, reporting is a bit clumsy. Sometimes can seem like a black box. For B2B, leads are questionable.

Good tool, but at mercy of account managers

Bewertet am 21.12.2017
Kelly S.
Director Direct Response Marketing
Verlagswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Ability to create custom audiences based on site behavior or CRM lists is pretty robust. Custom attribution and credit settings are helpful to assess the true impact of your campaigns. Ad creative support is helpful when things get busy!

Nachteile: The AdRoll's tag allows some third-parties piggybacks, which you don't have any control or easy visibility into. This can be a security issue as you don't know what they are injecting on your site. Numerous changes in account management. Some better than others. This has made it difficult to keep a large account running smoothly. As a result, we've had our share of the ads running at the wrong time ... even an other advertiser's ads running in our account!

Good marketing campaigns

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Luis enrique A.
Editor
Zeitung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: With AdRoll it is easy to boost your business through advertising, remarketing is very useful to attract new customers and with the tools that this software offers is possible. Working with AdRoll is simple, it does not take as much experience to track or work with the ads.

Nachteile: Despite spending some time using AdRoll I have not been involved in any problem with the software I am very happy with the momentum that my company has received with your support.

Easy Advertising Tool for Beginner Advertisers

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Ashley J.
Inbound Marketing Manager
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, our team has found success in promoting our content marketing efforts through AdRoll. Support is a bit cookie-cutter email support and there could be more self-serve options.

Vorteile: This tool is a great option for beginning display advertising users or busy teams that don't have time to maintain ads constantly.

Nachteile: The facebook advertising features wouldn't work correctly and the team couldn't offer us any reporting. Ultimately, we had to move those campaigns back to facebook directly.