Woodpecker

Easy way to save time

Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Spencer S.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I’m a lawyer and was hesitant about using an automated document assembly tool. I didn’t think it would be relevant for me since I don’t do contracts and wills all day. However I’ve been able to benefit from this program due to repeating text blocks and other constants

Vorteile: Easy to use, intuitive, plain language for adding variables

Nachteile: Horizontal sidebar spacing in word is buggy
The sidebar should automatically expand sufficiently so the user can hit the plus symbol to add choices to field variables
Instead it’s necessary to manually widen the sidebar when adding entries
Should be better way to preview the selections
Focus on sidebar as opposed to a popup box limits functionality due to space constraints

von Woodpecker Technologies an 17.12.2019

Thanks a ton for your thoughtful feedback Spencer. Great to hear that you've been able to get value out of Woodpecker despite the lack of contracts/wills that you handle. We'll be reaching out to make sure that we're doing everything we can to resolve the issues you've been seeing with the sidebar.

Woodpecker review

Jason T.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Woodpecker daily and it makes drafting documents more efficient. I recently tried HotDocs again and found that I can get the same results with Woodpecker at a more affordable cost and much easier to use.

Vorteile: It was an easy program to learn to use. After building templates, the time spent drafting and editing documents has drastically decreased. I can spend more time on the legal issues of the documents instead of wasting time double checking the parties names, his/her, he/she, etc.

Nachteile: When I build a template I like to start at the beginning and work my way through the document. Sometimes after building the template, I find that I forget a field. It would be nice to insert a field back up where it was forgotten instead of at the end of all the fields.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 3.6.2019

Thanks a lot for your feedback Jason, great to hear about the benefits you're getting from Woodpecker! Apologies for the confusion with inserting fields at the end of the field list, fortunately you can reorder your fields whenever you like, this should help: https://help.woodpeckerweb.com/using-woodpecker/woodpecker-fields/reordering-fields

Woodpecker packs several features of more enterprise systems at a fraction of cost and value

Bewertet am 1.6.2019
Chris H.
Lawyer
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: - 80+% of a contract is form-templated with little reason to change. This tool captures the 10-20% that's personalized
- Most people think that it only is a better copy - paste function but they fail to see why that's such a bad way to visualize what the context of the field shows vs. what the surface level information shows. Context is key.
- Most of my forms have been automated using Woodpecker Legal as a backdrop. Highly recommend.

Vorteile: - Light, robust add-in tool that works in lawyer's most familiar environment - MS Word
- Works across multiple document sets (can save as form Templates)
- Offers API functionality - key for adding interoperability to other systems
- Product features are clean, simple, and easy to implement.
- Automated customized function that converts a form into a ready template (a little early on the tech, but hopeful it will be very useful in the future after machine learning is dialed in)
- Conditional field formatting including all Excel functions and IFF tech (If ... Then conditional statement use)

Nachteile: - Some bugs to work out (e.g., entering default information into fields does not always recognize when automating first time around;
- Lack of a platform or centralized storage mechanism.
- No copy + paste feature of fields.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 4.6.2019

Thanks so much for your thoughtful and positive feedback Chris! We'd love to know more about the entering default information into fields and copy/paste issues you've been experiencing.

Easy to install but not intuitive

Bewertet am 3.6.2019
Lorraine G.
Development Officer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I liked the idea of more flexible templates.

Nachteile: I am usually pretty savvy with software, but this seemed too convoluted. I went back to my regular mail merge systems after a couple of failed attempts to understand how this works.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 4.6.2019

Hi Lorraine, thanks a lot for your feedback and sorry to hear that you had some trouble getting Woodpecker up and running. We're always striving to make sure that Woodpecker is as intuitive as possible so we appreciate your feedback here. We'd be happy to extend your trial to give you adequate time to get familiar with the platform as well as schedule a 1 on 1 video walkthrough to make sure you're comfortable with the template conversion process.

Smart and Agile, Woodpecker Document Automation Drives Workflow Efficiency

Bewertet am 22.6.2019
Holly C.
Founder/CEO

Kommentare: Using Woodpecker has notably improved our workflow productivity and data accuracy by automating proposal, contracts and project management documentation. Now my team can spend measurably less time on document production. That effectively allows us to focus on ensuring that we provide accurate documentation to our customers faster. As a business consulting firm that integrates resources and tools to scale processes and facilitate digital transformation, we highly recommend Woodpecker to our customers.

Vorteile: Woodpecker seamlessly integrates as an MS-Word add-in that's simple to install, easy to use and a no-brainer value for the price. Light years beyond a typical copy + paste function, Woodpecker is an amazing, godsend-tool that basically eliminates the pain of time-consuming and tedious customized document creation from standardized templates. When we converted our standard proposal, contract and project management templates, our document production workflow time improved by 50%. And now we're transforming our document repository to create new smart templates using Woodpecker's AI. Customer support is great--responsive and useful, seems like they really care about their user community.

Nachteile: A couple minor hitches with fields, support quickly resolved them.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 17.7.2019

Thanks so much for your thoughtful feedback Holly, we're really glad that you've been able to get so much value out of Woodpecker and we promise to continue providing industry-leading support and product innovation!

Funny name but Game Changer

Bewertet am 2.6.2019
Robert p. N.
Founder and Managing Partner
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have been with this product practically from conception. They really understand the repetitive nature of legal work and how to save us time. Get your letters, motions, pleadings, lines, agreements, etc. that you use often set up on time, and off you go. Even the initial set-up is relatively simple, even for a lawyer! Get this product and save yourself a bunch of time (i.e., money). P.S. Even their customer service is extremely responsive. I truly hope this does not change. If I have an issue, I can email or open a chat message, and usually get my matter addressed promptly if not immediately.

Nachteile: Not really sure. Maybe I would like the macros to be a little more intuitive in setting up. And add some obvious single selection categories such as states, months, etc. without me having to build them each time. But this is being very picky.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 4.6.2019

Thanks a lot for your thoughtful feedback Robert! We really appreciate you being with us since our inception and helping us build an amazing product. We're working on making macros more intuitive and adding some standard state/month/country selectors as we speak!

Wish all tech was this easy and affordable.

Patricia W.
Member Attorney
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is easy to install, we have had no technical glitches, and it has sped up our turn around time.

Vorteile: Easy to use, better functionality (like conditional clauses) than many of the far more expensive options.

Nachteile: Occasionally, I have had recipients of documents created in Word with WoodPecker fields tell me that they were unable to edit the form filled terms.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 4.6.2019

Hi Patricia, great to hear that Woodpecker has sped up your turn-around time! We'd love to know more about the issue you described where recipients of your documents were unable to edit the form filled terms, so that we can make sure this doesn't happen again.

Good for MS Word and smaller contracts for sure

John T.
Controller
Marktforschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We don't do a whole lot of contracts, maybe one or two per week, but this really helped streamline things. I am much more confident that items are not left blank, or erroneous. It has cut the time it takes to process a contract in half - easily.

Vorteile: Intuitive learning curve. Was able to figure out most of the features I needed without having to get help, either online or phone. It integrates with MS Word and MS Word custom templates VERY easily. Set up was simple. I can access on my laptop and office computer.

Nachteile: Editing a template is a little difficult once all the fields have been put in place. Editing around the field locations in a document can be tricky. These are very minor items, however.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 13.6.2019

Thanks a lot for your review John, we really appreciate it! Great to hear how much time Woodpecker has been able to save you and thank you for being such an awesome Woodpecker user!

Document Automation That is Easy to Use, Nimbly Customizable & Works Wonderfully!

Bewertet am 3.6.2019
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It makes creating usable document templates easy. It has saved me countless hours of work. If you can fill out an online form you can make a template using Woodpecker. The user interface is easy to use and intuitive. You don't need to be super technical to use it effectively.

Nachteile: Sometimes the field recognizer is a little odd. I also get some weird cursor jumping but they are super minor things. I love the product.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 6.6.2019

Thanks so much for your review and feedback! We're really glad that you've been able to get so much value out of Woodpecker and can't wait to show you all the features we're adding to the platform.

AI powered document automation like never before

Bewertet am 2.11.2019
Marketing

Vorteile: Woodpecker takes complex document automation code and makes it easy for anyone to use.

Nachteile: It takes some time to set up complex documents, but still saves you tons of time down the road.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 11.11.2019

Thanks a lot for your feedback here! We're really glad that you've been able to get so much value out of Woodpecker.

Great Legal Tool for Automation

Curtis R.
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good for streamlining and automating clerks processes

Vorteile: Very forward thinking tool and regular. Easy to implement in your day-to-day. Already recommended it to several colleagues in the legal industry. It's nice that is a plug-in vs. an external site so the learning curve isn't as steep for document automation.

Nachteile: I like that it can now do API calls and would like to integrate this with calendly or a CRM for automated document processing. A tutorial would be nice.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 4.6.2019

Thanks for your feedback Curtis, great to hear that some tutorials on the use of our API would be helpful. We'll get on it!

Review Woodpecker

Bewertet am 26.6.2019
Jelco D.
Legal Business Partner
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In general I was very satisfied with Woodpecker, but because of the reasons I mentioned before I chose a different program.

Vorteile: The program is very easy to use. The customer support is very good. The same goes for the support by means of manuals.

Nachteile: That you can't include variables within conditional parts and that the program works as a word add-inn.

Hi Jelco,

Thanks a lot for your review. Sorry to hear that you weren't able to get Macros within conditional fields to work, here's a quick link to a guide on using Macros: https://help.woodpeckerweb.com/en/articles/2748883-using-macros.

We'd be happy to set up a one-on-one walkthrough of this feature at your nearest convenience. Feel free to respond to this message and we'll get something on the calendar for us.

My Woodpecker Experience

Kwam N.
paralegal
Anwaltskanzlei, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love the fact that I can customize/tailor one document to do/say many different things depending on the features that I use in my initial template. This avoids my having multiple documents as templates.

Nachteile: I'll let you know when I find one. Everything that I have used and seen in this product works like they said that it would.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 10.6.2019

Thanks so much for your feedback Kwam. We're really glad to hear that you've been able to get so much value out of Woodpecker and please do let us know when you notice any room for improvement :)

Great product!

Bryan N.
Sr. HR Business Partner
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using this product to streamline disciplinary action documents in Word. I can't afford the premium version but love the product and continue to recommend it to others in the same field

Vorteile: This product is intuitive and user friendly. It was easy to get started with everything and has the potential to streamline a lot of processes in the Human Resources field.

Nachteile: It is a little bit pricey and is difficult to get buy in from leadership for the premium version.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 4.6.2019

Hi Bryan, thanks for your thoughtful feedback here. We'd be happy to talk through a custom package that would be doable for you and your firm and help you get buy-in from your leadership team.

Document Autmoation

Andrew N.
Anwaltskanzlei, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that it has the ability to plug in to other applications via an API, making it more versatile.

Nachteile: If I were to pick nits, I would say that the template automator is a little clunky, in that it over picks up things to include as fields.

von Woodpecker Technologies an 10.6.2019

Thanks a lot for your feedback here Andrew. Our Auto-template engine is constantly evolving and getting better based on user feedback, so this is immensely helpful. Your feedback has been passed on to our engineering team so that tweaks to the Auto-template engine can be made. Thank you so much!

Easy to use and new features constantly released

Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Goldie J.
Consultant

Vorteile: Woodpecker app lives right inside of Word, so once you merge docs you don't have to spend hours reformatting.

Nachteile: Some of the features aren't fully developed, but they are releasing updates constantly

von Woodpecker Technologies an 17.7.2019

Thanks so much for your review Goldie, really glad to hear that you've been able to integrate Woodpecker into your workflow and get so much value out of it. As you mentioned, we're constantly adding new features and functionality so keep an eye out for some great things on the horizon!