A Great Alternative to Microsoft Powerpoint

Bewertet am 4.8.2019
Corine T.
Student
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I've had a very positive experience with Google Slides. I think I would prefer Google Slides to Powerpoint, especially because you can access your project from anywhere, since it is on your Google Drive. However, you cannot add to it when you are offline because the changes won't save. Still, it is a great tool for collaborating with others or just sharing your work and presentations with others, so I would definitely recommend this product.

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is that it works just as well as Microsoft Powerpoint, but it's free. It has basically all of the same features, and the best part is that it is shareable, like the way you can share Google Docs with other people. This has been really helpful when I had to do group projects and work with other people remotely. It was easier for us to collaborate with Google Slides, and then send the project slides to our teachers very easily with just the access to the link.

Nachteile: I don't think there is anything negative to say or any cons about this software. It has all of the same features as Powerpoint, including templates, themes, and adding special effects or images or anything else. I think it works even better than Powerpoint because it is very easily shareable. I guess the only thing I would say that I "least like" would be that to change anything, you have to be able to use wifi/the Internet, whereas Powerpoint does not work exclusively online.

Collaborative Presentation for the People

Bewertet am 4.8.2019
Jordan D.
Marketing Analytics Specialist

Kommentare: My overall experience has been nothing but mostly positive. Please implement version control in the future though!

Vorteile: As with most of Google products, I love that it's collaborative and the price-point is right (free). Where I was prepping for school presentations, work presentations or making a process doc Google slides has never failed me. It's also used at most big companies, startups, and advertising agencies alike.

Nachteile: The only caveat with Google products is always the question of privacy and version control. The main question is, "how do I know that this is safer than non-cloud presentation software". There's always a risk when using any cloud-based software, but it's a valid question to ask yourself.

Best way to create presentations

Bewertet am 8.12.2019
Bernadine W.
Author
Essen & Trinken, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use it to create images, slides and presentations for my teacher training class. And I never lose my effort. It auto saves and I can access it from anywhere in the world. It's the best.

Vorteile: It's super easy to use. Can create all the stuff with slides. It's very user friendly. I've been using it for more than 5 years now. I create presentation slides and I create images too. Most of the time when I have something simple to create as an image, I just create it in a google slide and save it in picture format. It's super easy for me. I use it most of the times for my little one's school projects. And I am using the google slides for my weekly presentations with my study group in Teacher Training. We all share one Google Slide Presentation and add/ edit the slides as we need. And it's very easy to share as a link or can download it in pptx . Anyone of us can give the presentation as we all have contributed to one Presentation. We can add effects, different layouts, designs and almost everything to the slides to make them stand out. And I can access it from anywhere in the world. And of course work offline and work from my smart phone. That's a big plus.

Nachteile: I Actually I like everything about it. I never had an issue with it. It's been always super user friendly for me.

Take Creativity to a New Level with Google Slides

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Aaron L.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been very positive. I am always looking for ways to allow my students to show their creativity. Writing can get a little boring at times for many students, but with the offerings of Google Slides, even my most reluctant writers are excited to come up with new stories and ideas.

Vorteile: Google Slides allows so much opportunity for students to be creative. Essentially it is like PowerPoint, but it is much more user friendly and allows for so many more options. Students can add pictures, text, links, etc. I have had students write stories on this and they have a great time doing it. They add a few sentences on each slide with text and add pictures. The pictures can be changed to do special effects like spinning or disappearing. This allows students to do all sorts of fun and creative things. There are also opportunities for outside the box thinking. I have had my students use Google Slides to make a "Choose Your Own Adventure" story. They write a story and then at the end they create a link to two different endings. These endings are shown on different slides and the user can click on the ending that they choose. This has been a very fun experience!

Nachteile: There is a small learning curve with Google Slides. Students will need some practice with learning the different skills. Some of the capabilities are unknown until it is introduced to the student . So the teacher has to do some extra planning to make sure this is done correctly. But considering all that it has to offer, Google Slides is a must in the classroom for creative thinkers!

It gets the job done

Bewertet am 25.10.2019
Tutor
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall I enjoyed using Google Slides. I had to collaborate with a colleague on a presentation, and Slides worked wonderfully. We were able to simultaneously work on the project, see each other's changes as we made them, and comment on different parts of the show (though we couldn't find a chat function in the service to discuss ideas; we were left to leaving comments). For the purposes of our project, it did exactly what we needed it to do.

Vorteile: Google Slides has an easy-to-understand interface, and if you can't find what you're looking for, it has a search bar which helps you find the command you want to execute. It has a nice set of default themes that you can use and apply with ease. It's not overly complicated to use, and on the contrary is quite user-friendly. In the case of group work, you can easily share the document and collaborate with others on the project. Also, it's free to use with a Google Account.

Nachteile: The service is a bare-bones presentation creator. You can do all the basic things required for a presentation: shapes, slides, themes, text, transitions, and animations, but it's not ideal if you want to go deeper into the design of your show. G-Slides has object animation, but for text, it lacks the ability to individually customize lines. Say, for example you have three bullet points, and want a picture to arrive with the second one. The only way to do this would be to make 3 separate text boxes, align them how you want, then add the transitions for all of them, along with the picture. This is contrary to the whole idea of layouts that the service provides. This is a feature in other programs such as PowerPoint, where you can manipulate the animations of individual paragraphs in a text box. Other things that would be nice but the service lacks are object triggers and text rotation within a shape. Again, these are not necessary features to have, and they definitely don't take away from the service, but the service is not ideal if you want to do more than a basic show. Lastly, since it's part of G-Suite, it's internet-dependent. If you don't have a connection, there is no way to access or edit the file.

Free, Easy & Powerful Presentation Software

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Dave W.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love having my slides in the cloud so I can access them from anywhere, including on the app on my phone. And the collaboration is nice because I can share a presentation with a group after I've given it, and just give them the link to the entire thing.

Vorteile: I've given several presentations at local Meetups, as well as a bigger WordPress conference, and the people want SLIDES! Honestly, it's not my favorite way to give a presentation, but Google Slides makes it pretty easy for me to create something for them. It continues to get more and more powerful over the years, adding new features & abilities. There are quite a few nice templates to help you get started, with at least 10 different slide-types for different information. You can add text in a ton of different colors & fonts, insert images, embed YouTube videos, control if and when things play, add animations from slide-to-slide, as well as individual elements on each slide. And when you're finished, you can export them in a number of different ways. There's a "Notes" area that you can turn on or off, to help with speaker notes. It's printable, to help you practice the presentation. And actually presenting is quite a sinch, with easy navigation to move from slide to slide. And you obviously get the same sharing & collaboration features you get with all products in G Suite 🙌.

Nachteile: I found it a bit laborious when adding many animations. Perhaps I'm missing a way to change my default animation, but animating many elements could be made a little less time consuming. And I needed to download an extra app to use my phone as a remote control for my slides. It'd be really nice is this was included by Google.

Google Slide - create dynamic and stylistic presentation to dazzle your clients

Bewertet am 23.12.2019
Ravinder B.
Consultant
Rechtsberatung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Given that Google Slides is a web-browser based presentation tool, so you can work any time using any device and you don’t have to worry about saving or storing it. It is always accessible on the go without any hassle. We use it for some clients as they like it and they can also modify the slides if they are allowed to edit the same. You can set different levels of permissions for different users.

Vorteile: Google Slides tool comes as a part of G Suite Programs for the enterprise use with an additional layer of security as compared of the free version of Google Slides for personal use. Google Slides allow you to create a presentation on your web browser or using Google Slides app on your mobile device. Google Slides are saved automatically and accessible from anywhere with an internet connection or even without an internet connection if you select an offline version. Editings made by you in the Offline versions are synchronized automatically when your device gets an internet connection and you don’t have to worry about anything. Google Slides allows you to create a powerful presentation using a plurality of themes, fonts, videos, and animations. Other good features include real-time collaboration with your peers on the same Slides, conversion of Microsoft Powerpoint into Google Slide or vice versa, support presenting to Google Chromecast and Airplay.

Nachteile: To use Google Slides, a Google Account is required. As of now, themes and visual effects are less as compared to other platforms. If you are slide deck originator and multiple other peers are working on it in collaboration in different jurisdictions, you all need to make sure that you are working on the latest version.

Fantastic Tool for Collaborative Slides

Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Jared D.
Customer Success Manager

Kommentare: Google Slides has been great for quickly creating presentations internally and externally for customers. It allows us to communicate clearly and concisely to various departments and help our audience visually absorb information.

Vorteile: Google Slides is an incredibly user-friendly yet powerful tool for quickly creating slides for any presentation needs. It has virtually all of the same functionality as PowerPoint, however you get the added bonus of it being cloud-based so you can share with others for editing and viewing.

Nachteile: The tool is so powerful that all I can think of would be adding more templates and themes to choose from rather than having to create your own theme. It'd be great if they could implement some type of animation functionality kind of like what Prezi has. I don't believe there's a way to bring back different versions of the slide file though, which would be great if changes were made that you wanted to revert back from.

More than Slides

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Arzun P.
SMO Expert

Kommentare: I've started using Google Docs since the inception and till date I'm using it and I'm just use to of it. I think Google docs made my life easier. I can create amazing slides, I can convert it to videos, PDF and more formats. Sharing files has been easier, email attachment is easier. I recommend this to those who are not using it, you should try.

Vorteile: All features of Microsoft Powerpoint
Convert to Videos
Share Files Online
Publish Slides Online
Effects
Editing Options

Nachteile: You need internet connection to access and create stunning slides and more. Although Google has started providing offline support. So, this con is not a con.

Using Google Slides

Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Jessica A.
Co-Owner
Computerspiele, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience using Google Slides has been amazing. I use Google Slides to create presentations for my organization. I also use Google Slides with my daughter who I homeschool when she needs to make preparations for her classes. My daughter is in 10th grade and can easily navigate and use Google Slides.

Vorteile: I love that this software is free to use. I find it extremely helpful for making presentations as it's extremely easy to use and then share presentations with/to my managers & staff. Plus the ability to export Google Slide presentations into pdf format is great!

Nachteile: I wish there were more templates to choose from. That lack of templates is the main con.

Now preferred over Keynote & Powerpoint

Bewertet am 20.10.2019
VP of Client Services

Kommentare: Overall, slides deserves great reviews coming from Powerpoint/Keynote. In an environment where presentations are built through collaborative teams daily, it's light, intuitive solution provides a ton of value. Even as a data heavy organization, the challenges of numerical data and visualizations are not disruptive enough to reconsider previous presentation software.

Vorteile: Coming from hybrid Powerpoint/Keynote environment, we've found the following pros:
The collaboration/commenting/tagging feature is more intuitive and easier to access.
The biggest concern we had in adopting Slides was its ability to deliver offline. We've been pleasantly surprised that functionality is largely maintained when offline and syncs smoothly when back on the web.
Embedding web hosted assets such as YouTube videos, audio files and even large image files are easier to leverage as well as has much less impact on file size.

Nachteile: The largest challenge faced with Slides thus far has been the integration/ability to leverage Sheets in presentations. Previously, many of the capabilities of Excel such as formula management, chart/graph visualizations has been keys to presentations. That capability isn't there in Slides in to ways: 1) Sheets is still missing some feature parity with Excel. 2) Once you paste or embed a chart or graph in Slides from Sheets, both the data and the labels are difficult to manage.

Easy, intuitive, and useful

Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Advising Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Google Slides is incredibly easy to use and makes setting up a slideshow intuitive. I have had colleagues varying in age from 18 to well over 70 using Slides effectively. Many of our students also use the program for their in-class presentations, as it is more affordable than some of the other programs out there and is included for free with GMail accounts.

Vorteile: Slides possesses all of the things you would expect from a presentation application: there are transitions, sound effects, plenty of professional themes, templates, and easy controls to add images, photographs, or other media. Best of all, Google's standard Slides web program with GMail can be accessed anywhere and is free. Sharing is as simple as clicking "Share" and including any necessary e-mail addresses. Using a theme, I am able to pre-design all of my slides and simply fill in the necessary information. I have been able to use Slides as both a presenting software as well as a means through which to create information presentations to share information with my colleagues.

Nachteile: Using Slides does require GMail, and this may be restrictive for some users, but GMail is amongst the most popular and well-respected e-mail providers out there. In addition, Google Slides may not have the extensive transitions of other programs, but this is not missed, in my experience.

You Can Go Anywhere With Google Slides

Bewertet am 21.9.2019
Anvita S.
Tuto
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall my experience with Google Slides has been positive and convenient. I would definitely recommend this to any student or team so that they can take their presentation anywhere without having to worry about which version of Powerpoint or softwares other computers have or about having to save the presentation to any computer. Almost everyone has a Google account and it is so easy to just log in and start working on your presentation any time and any where you have internet access, and the app makes it so you don't even need a computer! For once I actually did not stress about group projects using Google Slides because I would always wonder or worry about my other group members and what they were doing (or not doing) and this allows everyone to work together in real time and removes any excuse of not being able to get together to work on it! 10/10 would recommend!!

Vorteile: I love Google Slides. As a graduate student, I had many presentations and before Google Slides there would always be some worry about which version of Powerpoint the computer would have, and if the presentation would look the same as how I designed it. Often times, depending on the version of Powerpoint available in the classroom, the effects and even font of the text would change! With Google Slides it does not matter which computer is being used, and presenters do not have to worry about their presentation changing in appearance or function and that is a huge relief, especially when as I student I spent a lot of time making sure my presentations looked aesthetically pleasing! I love that all I have to do is log in to my Google account and that I have access to my presentation anywhere I go. Versions of Powerpoint were always different in classrooms, and it would be so disappointing to see the pretty font or effects disappear only for the most basic fonts and no effects to show up. I really love that I can go anywhere and have access to what I am working on, and also that it saves directly into my Google account and that I do not have to save it directly on my computer! One of my other favorite things about Google slides is that it makes group presentations so easy, whether it is for school or office projects, because there are real time updates and multiple people can work on a slide at the same time and literally be on the same page! Teamwork is so easy with this!

Nachteile: What I like least about this software is the minimal template designs and lack of cool animations and effects. This isn't a huge deal though because there are ways you can put in images and use pretty fonts or color schemes to make the presentation appealing. It definitely lacks compared to Powerpoint, but the convenience of Google Slides to work with individually or with groups is still worth limited options of enhanced aesthetics. Also, it can take a long time to download the app. And it is a little inconvenient at times that the app only allows you to upload one picture at a time to a slide- it would be awesome if we can select more than one picture at a time so that way we do not have to keep opening out images and scroll until we find what we are uploading again and again. However this feature is still super convenient because it does not require downloading and saving images before uploading them on to a slide and is not that time consuming if you save your photos at the beginning of the camera reel so you don't have to keep scrolling through your entire gallery to upload.

Great way to create platform-independent presentations and to collaborate

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Software Engineer

Kommentare: My overall experience using Slides has been very positive. I enjoy the cross-platform, free, easily accessible design of this software and I feel the pros significantly outweigh the cons. Even though I have powerpoint installed I only use it if for opening existing presentations I have received from someone else. For be Slides is always the preferred choice when I want to create or edit my own presentations.

Vorteile: When creating a presentation I have a choice between powerpoint and google slides. I prefer slides because: - it is free to use
- it works online and I do not need to install anything/have anything installed on my computer
- I have many devices (laptop, desktop, android, iphone) and I can view, use and edit my presentation on any one of those devices
- The interface is easy to use and I can find the features I am looking for typically without significant effort
- If working with someone else, you can collaborate on a project in real time
- You can publish and embed your presentation on a website and share it with people
I also like that the work is saved online so if and when my laptop dies, I do not have to worry about copying files anywhere, my work is safe. Overall there are many pros to using this product.

Nachteile: As for styling the presentation, the selection of themes is quite limited and I wish there were more options. From a functional standpoint, because of features like real time collaboration, you have to be online to use it. My internet connection is bad and cuts off sometimes, so I have to pause work until it resumes. No connection causes a notification bar to show up saying "trying to connect" and everything becomes disabled until I am online again.

Awesome way forward for collaborative work processes!

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Chris N.
Integrated Producer

Kommentare: Overall, it's made a drastic difference to our company's efficiencies and has helped us produce work faster without multiple rounds of physical interactions to get to a good place. This along with the other G Suite products are part and parcel to our improved processes and will continue to use them!

Vorteile: Google Slides has provided a brand new way of all departments in my company to collaborate quicker and easier. The ease of assigning various people really helps to alert people without sending additional recap emails and digging through various threads to understand changes that have been made/ requested for.

Nachteile: There are times when we need to take our slides offline and convert them into Powerpoint. During these moments, it can be a little troublesome to reformat the deck as there are differences in web-friendly fonts etc. Apart from this, it is quite difficult to get the same size when copying an image over to Powerpoint which can be cumbersome during last minute changes. For a deck which is 100 slides long, this can be quite daunting and time consuming.

Modern Presentation tool

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Bank teller
Finanzdienstleistungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With my academic activities,I mostly needed Google slides for presentations. It is a free and online tool that can be use easily. We can make slides in anywhere when we needed. That mobility function is very needed today. Because now we have devices that can access internet easily,so these kind of applications should be suit with them. Google slides has made with that task. Another best thing is we can make and edit slides in collaboration with our teammates by allowing them to access it. As the owner of presentation we can allow others to add 'only comments' or to edit if needed. And also it has a function that can questioning about slides(Q&A). Then we can answer them. Google slides can use in both computer and mobile. It is a good thing so we can work with it easily. And also this can be recommend as a secure workplace that we can work with. We can use other Google applications along with this easily and most of photo,video and document formats are support to Slides. When we needed a quick editing(last minute editing) I can say it is really quick with this software. It has so many tools to make the presentation special and professional.
When working with this app we should need a good internet connection unless we haven't enabled the offline editing. But in offline editing there are so many limitations. We need to be online moslty. But Google slides still have less effect items and themes. Those functions needed to add more choises to make slides attractive and real.

Vorteile: Easy to use and completely free software.
Mobilty software that can use in anywhere.
Can edit quickly(last minute editing).

Nachteile: Should have a good internet connection.
Somewhat less effects and themes available.
Need a Google account to use.

The Modern and Creative Way to Present Information

Bewertet am 14.8.2019
EY Performance Improvement Intern
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Google slides currently allows our team at EY to present weekly deliverable documents to our clients, which outline progress, issues, and next steps. In addition, it is very commonly used to construct easy-to-follow manuals outlining certain procedures, steps, or instructions for someone else. Slides has been very useful in constructing a collaborative presentation, allowing our whole team to work on one presentation at the same time and finish it in a very short amount of time, in order to maximize efficiency and optimize our time.

Vorteile: Google Slides allows for an extremely collaborative and creative style of work between a group of people. Whether it´s students, co-workers, or teachers/professors, Google Slides allows the user to have full freedom over how they wish to customize their presentation. My favorite feature is the versatility of the software, since you are truly never limited in terms of what styles, fonts, designs or formats you can pursue. Therefore, you are in full control over how you wish to present your information- very creative and funky, very professional, etc. The opportunities are truly endless thanks to this incredibly high level of customization that the platform provides you with. Secondly, the communication and easiness of collaboration lets you be even more creative with this software. With two or more users collaborating on the same project, you have the ability to divide tasks in order to create the perfect presentation. Perhaps one person focuses on fostering creativity, while the other centers around the information or data of the presentation. This is what allows Slides to be the a truly collaborative platform.

Nachteile: Perhaps the area in which the most improvement can be made, is its compatability with Microsoft Powerpoint. Often times, downloading a Google Sheets presentation to a local Powerpoint file can lead to distorted fonts, graphics, transition animations, and more. Very small details can cause the file to be visually misshaped. As a result, the user must sometimes manually adjust details before locally sending the file through e-mail or submitting it through an online platform. For example, when working on a presentation that will have to be sent through e-mail or submitted online after presenting, I tend to use very simple fonts and transitions that I know are available in Powerpoint. For this reason, I think implementing an option which can be "turned on" to limit features to those which are compatible with Powerpoint, is a good idea. This option could be useful when users know that they will have to eventually submit this presentation as a PowerPoint, but they want to keep the collaborative aspects and benefits of Google Slides.

Google slides for amazing presentations

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Project Manager / Business Analyst

Kommentare: I recommend this as the best tool to create nice presentations and documents

Vorteile: With google slides they provide amazing set of templates for the paid domain plan and also with the free gmail plan which helps to create a stunning presentation in few minutes. Online collaborating feature is another great feature that they provide. You will be able to revert to older versions and also keep track of the history of what you and editors did. Also you can setup privileges and access rights with will really make your work easy.

Nachteile: There is no offline feature where it syncs with the internet when you want to work offline.

Perfect for creating simple power point presentations- No learning curve!

Bewertet am 28.7.2019
Lauren W.
Personal Trainer
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used Google Slides to create the pitch deck for my start up company. At first, I looked into paying to use a fancy slide site since they had pitch deck templates that looked AMAZING and would've made the process extraordinarily easy. However, they all seemed too expensive since I would really just be using it for this one thing. So I looked at Google Slides and decided to go with it instead. I am SO happy I did! Although they don't have any formal templates, all the themes they do have are super easy to customize and professional looking. I have had nothing but positive feedback from potential investors on my pitch deck. Free...Easy...Access from anywhere...What more could you ask for! Everything is extremely customizable. Each text box, photo, and background can be edited as much as is necessary. And because it's a Google program, you never have to worry about losing unsaved work! One of my favorite things about Google Slides though was very unexpected- the mobile app. It is AWESOME! Editing is decently easy, though of course it's easier to just do it from your computer. But it is the presentation mode that is amazing! With two clicks, you can present your slideshow straight from your phone! I would never do this as a pitch obviously, but it's great for casual conversations and showing people what my company is all about! My pitch deck is right there in my pocket!

Vorteile: -No learning curve
-Good variety of templates
-Easily customizable
-Saves automatically
-Access from anywhere
-Great mobile app

Nachteile: -Couldn't figure out how to change the main color on a couple of the templates
-No duplicate function for text boxes

Ideal solution to work in collaboration

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Luis C.
Consultant

Kommentare: In overall, is a great solution that allows you to work easily and in collaboration. It is a very simple solution to obtain great results

Vorteile: Google Slides is the best solution to work in collaboration to preapre and share any presentation, through out your organization's team or any other external. In collaboration it allow you to simultaneous review, add, erase and edit any kind of information at the same time. Also, as you work, all editing is being safed automatically, so you will not to worry about saving manually everytime the file. Another great part in the integration between the other solutions of google (docs and sheets), as you can information directly and update it if in the other files where also updated. For last, you can add access control to feel safe about who can access and/or edit the file.

Nachteile: It is possible to struggle a little with the max size of the file, it have a limit at the moment. On the other hand, the convertion to Microsoft PowerPoint sometimes affect the format you are using through the slide, it is important to have it defined.

Go with Slides! Make the shift!

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Russell P.
Educational Consulting
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Creating and collaborating on beautiful, impactful, and useful presentations.

Vorteile: There are a lot of presentation tools out there - perhaps too many. And I'll admit, I've spent too long experimenting with competitors. I always come back to Google Slides, though. Here's what I love most. First, it's cloud-based, so everything is stored in the cloud and automatically saved. Further, I can access it from anywhere on any device. I can collaborate with teammates seamlessly and effortlessly. Next, if you're familiar with the G Suite platform, then Slides will feel natural to you. No need to learn a new interface. With Slides, you have the ability to add all sorts of content to the deck (i.e., videos, audio, images, GIFs, etc.). Beyond creating presentations, it's really the "Swiss Army knife" of the Google apps. It's versatile. You can do so much with it with students (i.e., eBooks, create-your-own-adventure stories, collaborative projects, hyperdocs, etc.). It's truly a versatile tool for classrooms. Slides is also constantly being improved by Google - so I trust and expect that even better things will come. For example, consider that they just recently introduced the Q&A feature which allows you to interact with your audience while presenting. What a great idea! Go with Slides - make the shift, if you haven't already.

Nachteile: Although I'm a big fan, here are some areas for improvement:
- The standard themes are somewhat lacking. Google has not provided many options, but there are freebies available online (consider Slide Carnival).
- It does not have some of the advances features that some users of PP may be familiar with, but honestly, only a few users need those features so it's not a major concern.
- Because it's not a separate software, you storage ability is linked to your Drive account and the amount of cloud storage you've purchased.
- It's a bit of a learning curve when migrating to the platform, and some may feel a little lost. But I do not think it's overwhelming, nor do I feel that this should deter you from giving it a try.

Make the switch for Education

Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Instructional Technology Facilitator
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Presenting instructional content, making eBooks, sharing ideas, collaborating with peers, etc.

Vorteile: I use this in the field of education. I used other platforms prior to Slides (PowerPoint, flipcharts by ActivInspire, HaikuDeck, and a few others); however, Google Slides is the one of I've stuck with. I see pros with each of the previously mentioned platforms, but Google Slides is the clear winner with regards to longevity. Pros:
- It's included with a G Suite account (if you have a Gmail or Drive, you have access to Slides).
- It offers all of the features that a good slide deck needs.
- It's cloud-based so it can be updated across multiple platforms at any time.
- There's even an app that works for editing. And it works well!
- It's collaborative - students and colleagues can work on Slides, together, at the same time. No need to email copy after copy after copy. There's one copy in the cloud that we're all contributing to.
- It's constantly being saved. No need to worry about a computer or app malfunction - it's just always being saved in real time.
- Add-ons are available by independent developers that make it even more powerful.
- It's easy to integrate features from across your Drive account (images, graphs, even YouTube videos).

Nachteile: I see no real cons. Some may argue that other platforms may have more advanced features, but in all honesty, how many of us really need/use those advanced features? I'm guessing very few of us. Just make the switch - you won't be sorry.

Google Slides Review

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Andrew R.
Marketing Strategist

Kommentare: Within my current agency as well as for my freelance projects, I always default to Google Slides when creating presentations for internal meetings as well as client meetings. I've made countless proposals using Google built-in templates and they've looked amazing - I've even received complements on them.

Vorteile: Google Slides provides a free, fast, and collaborative way of creating and working on presentations. It's much less bulky than is competitor Powerpoint, and enables you to integrate other Google services such as Sheets - this data will update real time if you allow it.

Nachteile: If using the Magic Mouse on Mac, the scrolling become VERY sensitive and will hop slides often. Wish there was better support for this mouse, but using the track pad or a more traditional mouse will mitigate this issue.

Google Slides is the only presentation tool you need

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Clare D.
Marketing Executive
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would recommend Google Slides to anyone who's either looking for an alternative to PowerPoint or a free product which has all the same features and more.

Vorteile: I started using Google Slides about 4 years ago as I needed a quick solution to not having access to PowerPoint on a laptop and I've never looked back since. Not only is Google Slides free but it's just as good, if not better, than PowerPoint. What makes Google Slides even better is that you can work on presentations with colleagues easily through the cloud either letting them edit or view only which makes it ideal for modern workplaces. You can download the presentation as a PowerPoint compatible presentation for easy set up offices and you can download the PDF slides as well.

Nachteile: If two people are editing the same slide at the same time, it doesn't always save what you have done or will just save one person's work so you'll need to be mindful of that but it's never really been an issue for me as usually only one person will be working on it at a time. Sometimes when downloading as a PowerPoint there can be a few conversion errors so it's always worth checking back through the presentation to make sure everything is where it should be but again I don't have any major issues with this.

Great software, I wish it had more features

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Devney A.
Technology Educator
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I enjoy Google Slides, and I've gotten to make some great presentations using the software. I used it for graduate school and personal use.

Vorteile: Google Slides is a great alternative to PowerPoint and it has the added feature of being able to collaborate in real-time which is helpful when working on a team project.

Nachteile: A few issues I had: it could get a bit confusing when multiple people were working on the presentation at the same time. Since we can all work together in real-time, it's hard to be able to keep track of which changes were done when and by whom and which changes are going to be in the finished product. The other issue I had with it was that the layouts and designs were different than PowerPoint and they weren't interchangeable. So I needed to redo my presentation from PowerPoint in Slides with animation and everything. I was hoping for more functionality between the two so that presentations made with one software could be used with the other without spending time redoing the entire presentation just to get it to function the same way with animations.