Über QuarkXPress

Führende professionelle Print- und Digital-Design-Software.

Erfahre mehr über QuarkXPress

It was set up by graphic designers for graphic designers. Even though I own Adobe Creative Suite, I prefer to use Quark for print and web projects.

Some of the shortcuts codes involve three or more buttons, which can be difficult to remember, thus nullifying their purpose.

Bewertungen zu QuarkXPress

3,7
3,7

QuarkXPress hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 89 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du QuarkXPress bereits verwendet?

Uwe
Grafiker in Deutschland

Es war einmal…

Kommentare: Es war einmal… so fangen in der Regel Märchen an. Vor vielen vielen Jahren… 25 um genau zu sein in der ich Qxpress nutze. Angefangen bei den nahezu allerersten Versionen. Hervorragend stabil, konkurrenzlos, extrem teuer damals. Aber den Preis wert. Und Heute? Der maximal schlechteste Kundensupport den ich man sich je vorstellen kann. Dabei können diese Leute wohl nicht mal recht was dafür. Wohlmeinende Menschen aus exotischen Ländern von denen bisher kein Einziger so recht verstand was ich möchte. Einfache Antworten auf einfache Fragen - selbst das scheint mittlerweile zu viel verlangt.

Bis zur Version 10 super, das Beste was es gab auf dem Markt. Bis Version 2018 war es zumindest noch gut erträglich (mit etwas Hartnäckigkeit). Jetzt, QXPress 2020 und viele (wohl auch Unternehmensübertragungen) Jahre später… Es ist leider Zeit Adieu zu sagen. Schmerzlich aber meine Geduld hat ein Ende.

Das Programm selbst ist nach wie vor - außergewöhnlich gut. Alles drumherum, vom Support, Kunden-Login, Manual… einfach so miserabel - damit kann man nicht vernünftig arbeiten. Man wünscht sich Quark 10.0 zurück.

Antwort von Quark Software

We're sorry to learn you didn't have a good support experience, but thank you for the positive review of the product itself. We appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. New leadership is in place and working to address product documentation and customer support processes.

Melanie
Melanie
Content Specialist in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My Go to Print Layout Choice For Years

Kommentare: I've been using Quark for so long now that I find it hard to imagine using anything else. At a client's encouragement - and because they owned the software - I did try Scribus but for me it just did not have the same feel or great function that Quark has so after a few hours experimentation I politley delined to keep using it and went back to what I know (and achived excatly what they were looking for anyway)

Since I first used this software in college (which was more than a while ago) although it has changed and evolved in my opinion it has never stopped being the best layout creation tool there is. I've used it over the years professionally across all kinds of projects and niches and even personally to create materials for the kids' soccer teams etc. And customer service always has been truly top notch, something that is increasingly rare these days.

The newer Adobe integrations can be annoying and for my purposes not that helpful. Yes, there are days when I wish it had never happened but not to the point that I will actively go looking for something else as an alternative.

Aleksandar
Aleksandar
CEO in Serbien
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Old-timer in prepress industry with interactive make-up

Kommentare: In general I am satisfied. It works very stabile. Output - pdf output - is perfect for prepress, HTML5 site of publication is excellent and work as soon as you drop it on ftp server.

If you work on book, or you need HTML5 or android/iPhone version of your publication, without additional costs, choose QuarkXPress. In one program you can do everything you need to satisfy your publishing needs. But, if you need more "artistic" look of your publication, Adobe and Affinity suites, even Corel, are better solutions.

It is slow as slow as you hardisk, not your CPU or graphic card. QuarkXPress use too many time more hd than memory cache. Second "least" is price, and it cost too much, and there are no upgrade for 50% or more offs.

Russell
Russell
HR Compliance Analyst in USA
Bankwesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Quark is bittersweet but can’t compete with Indesign

Kommentare: I’ve used quarkxpress for over ten years, longer than any other single piece of software. I converted to indesign kicking and screaming because of how different the workflow was because I was so picky. If you’re just starting out, I’d suggest you look at indesign. If you’re picking up someone else’s work, you can almost everything indesign can do quark can do too.

After Apple’s Pages application, it is the easiest and simplest major print design software out there that you can use fairly intuitively if you’ve used a computer graphics program before. Just watching some tutorials online you can easily edit other people’s work fairly easily without much training. The second best feature of quark is the powerful xtentions that exist out there on the market. Other programs had this too but quark was the first to do this. Xtentions really streamlined and automated a lot of repetitive design tasks like updating prices and phone numbers (xcatalog).

It lacks full transparency gradients and doesn’t have adequate photo layering capabilities like opacities and layer modes. It also lacks a wysiwyg font menu so you can’t see they style of the font you’re using until you select it and enter some type. Quark is also a bit unstable at times. Prone to crashes.

Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good for the Money

Kommentare: So far so good. Have been using it for 7 years and plan to continue using it for the foreseeable future.

Quark is relatively simple to learn and can be quick once you're used to it. It can be used to build and implement templates for multiple uses. Older versions can be a great value for the money.

Can crash and has features that appear outdated compared to similar Adobe products.

vor 4 Wochen

Thanks for your review! We appreciate it.

Art Director in USA
Druck, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great program for page layout

Kommentare: Overall, I really like using Quark for text input. It is a much more enjoyable experience than inputting text in either Illustrator or InDesign. It certainly blows programs such as Microsoft Word out of the water. It does suffer when you have to move to packaging design and layout.

I like that Quark allows you precision control over text input in documents. It is especially useful in art projects that are text intensive. I like it best for direction labels, books, pamphlets, magazines etc.

I don't find that Quark is near as useful for laying out package design projects. It suffers when compared to Adobe Illustrator for setting up art for boxes, product logo labels or flexible packaging of various types (multi-wall bags, form and fill bags, pouches, etc.). It just is not functional for package design and I have found it is limited in its post script adaptability.

Antwort von Quark Software

Thank you! Your review is much appreciated!

Loren
Web Designer in USA

Why I chose QuarkXpress

Kommentare: At first it took me a while to get used to the software, but after a while i got the hang of it after a few tutorials and projects i don't use any other.

At first it took me a while to get used to the software, but after a while i got the hang of it. the workspace layout is great. It also has a lot of functions and tools to use.

I really have no cons as of yet. So far i love this software its my go to for all flyers, cards, brochures, and model comp cards.

Antwort von Quark Software

Thanks for your review. Your review is appreciated!

duncan
owner in UK
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Good software for publishing

Quark is easy to use and is good for books and single page adverts

i did not like the integration for html web pages

Antwort von Quark Software

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Chadsey
Chadsey
Marketing Manager in USA

I wish it were like it used to be, simple...reliable...the best.

Kommentare: Good sleep, less stress, a peaceful work week..... Oh I thought you said benefits from using this software.

First, their customer support for this product is incredible. Hands down some of the best people working with this company, and knowledgable. There is also an online community behind this software that is wonderful and can usually get you where you want to go if you need help. Also the facebook group continues to grow and thrive and the company is pretty involved with keeping the quark world up to date on progress and resources. Ok the software is pretty wonderful and through the years we continue to choose Quark for book/media publishing over other products that we use more frequently day to day with other media because Quark just has always gotten the job done and done well. That still is the case for a couple specific purposes, like brochure and booklet printing, we use Quark for because most of the tools throughout the years have remained the same. And they make simple what other products cause hair-loss over. Quark not being a subscription based media creation software is the bee's knees!! And the ability and power of all the software can do for the price is pretty great!!

Over the years, they have tried to do too much in too little of time to compete but they have failed short. In the past Quark was an incredible software and the value was through the roof, but sadly that is not the case anymore. Focusing on becoming a software for producing cross-platform media and new media has taken away from their bread and butter of being the go to software for book and print media publishing over the years. The tools available, advancements and attention to their original staples of print publishing have lacked. PDFs are an area serious attention needs to be given, without having to purchase or use 3rd party integrations. Yearly updates should not have to be purchased or at least discounted much more significantly, especially considering the incompatibility of working between different years of Quark. Saving to a previous version is a must, that I which would come back, without expensive 3rd party software.

Design, Selbstständig

QuarkXPress: An industry Pioneer, but loses the race when compared with Adobe InDesign

Kommentare: Overall, not unhappy but each of my project experiences left me wanting more ... design options, layout options, integration with other software I use.

It's a page layout powerhouse and does what it is intended to do. It's fairly user friendly and easy to learn the ins and outs.

Because Quark is a stand alone software, it loses any integration options with other programs that designers use on a daily basis. For this reason alone, it's difficult to rationalize using Quark instead of InDesign, which has so many crossovers with Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.

Antwort von Quark Software

Thanks for your feedback!

Monika
Freelancer in Indien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

QuarkXPress is a Good tool for Print and Digital content designs.

Kommentare: I first used QuarkXPress on few occasions in my previous company and from my point of view it is by far a best tool for Page Layouts.

Its the original desktop publishing software for creative professionals and its very easy to convert documents into interactive, digital experiences with this software. QuarkXPress is a good tool for Print and Digital Layouts, like Newspapers, Magazines, Brochures, eBooks, HTML5, Android/iPhone etc.

Its slow sometimes and support isn't that great but otherwise software itself serves its purpose.

vor 7 Monaten

Thanks for your review. It's much appreciated!

Robin
graphic designer in USA
Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I'd be lost without QuarkXPress

Kommentare: As a graphic designer, I have been using QuarkXPress since 1990. I used it exclusively for layout for decades until I had to learn InDesign for a few of my clients. I still use it on a daily basis.

QuarkXPress is a very elegant and intuitive software to use for layout. I especially like the ability to create templates, master pages and style sheets when creating multi-page documents. Integrating graphic images and type management are a breeze. Conversion for commercial printing is so easy. I've completed everything from a small postcard to a 350 page coffee table book.

I have no complaints with QuarkXPress, but have heard other complain about how difficult it is to learn. However, if the user is willing to spend a little time with the tutorials, they will find it very easy to use.

Antwort von Quark Software

Thanks for your review! It is much appreciated.

Nina
Media in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Quark User

Kommentare: Designing calendars, flyers, newsletters and many more graphic publications is a breeze with Quark Express

User friendly!!! The software is like a desk and the many applications are similar to items on that desk. You can easily drag any item to the place you desire. Open boxes for pictures, text etc are so easy and functional. I love this software. Frequent updates which make the products even more so wonderful.

Need to upgrade my Apple computer as it is not compatible when the software is updated as frequent as it does. It becomes compatible with a new computer OS.

Dia Din

Quark

Kommentare: I'm using Quark to easily output print jobs to our computer copier.

I can output my jobs easily and effectively using the step and repeat and convert to pdf options. It's also fast.

I least like that it starts up slower than usual for older versions of the software. I also am not too cool with it not having the mail merge option

Kim
Business Owner in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Allows me to be creative

I learn something new everyday. The program has many options and can be a little intimidating but once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty easy to use!

I wish the viewing page on the print screen could be enlarged. My program also tends to crash on me and it’s annoying to have to restart it.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your review. It is much appreciated.

Grafikdesign

I used this for years, but InDesign took over.

Kommentare: It was a great asset in the beginning of my graphic design career. I wouldn't have been employable without it.

Great for books (large and small), pamphlets, ads, posters, and anything text-heavy. Third-party plugin were useful, and their developers were collaborative.

Hasn't kept up with OSX, or the industry in general. The last technical support I had was not only rude, but uninformed. of their own features, namely the tables tool which they said did not exist, even though I was using it right then and there.

Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, Selbstständig

QuarkXpress is Solid Publishing Software

Kommentare: really powerful. great solution for publishing marketing pieces that will be viewed on PDF, but works equally good for web based or printed.

powerful features. you can control layout of virtually anything you want to print or publish on paper/screen/web etc.

the features are so powerful they're hard to learn, the volume of features is hard to absorb. There are tutorials but where to start

Adrian
Adrian
Bookbinder in UK
Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simply legacy software that we are forced to use

Kommentare: My overall experience with QuarkXPress is quite poor, with problems opening new image file formats. However we need this software to use old layouts.

I like that I can open legacy QuarkXPress files to open old document layouts that we need.

This software is showing its age, with an increasingly obvious lack of features, and trouble with Windows 10 compatibility.

Joel
Joel
CEO in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Best!

Kommentare: We use it for everything from newsletters, magazines to brochures and creating PDF's as well, catalogs.

Love the many functions and features it has for our newsletter and magazine publishing. As well for our clients design projects.

Lots to learn with the many features it has. Must take time out for learning.

Laron
QA Analyst in Jamaika
Zeitung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

QuarkXpress is a great tool.

I like the way QuarkXpress is structured. The interface is quite straight forward for a design tool. I love that a number of products can be designed using Quark, from books, the brochures, to posters and Newsletters. Quark, in my humble opinion, is probably the best tool for publication designs.

Not much cons, in my experience. However, I think for image editing, it should have more features to edit graphics.

Zeitung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Very useful app for making newspapers and magazines

Kommentare: Overall a very great experience. But the ease of use should be looked after.

This is one of the best app to make newspapers and magazines and newsletters and many things. You can edit a newspaper here and create posters as well. Students who are studying journalism, this is a great app to start. Professionals also use this app for the same purpose.

Although this is a very good app but you will face difficulties while using this app. The ease of use is really complicated. Tools are also hard to use.

Nicole
Nicole
Account Executive in USA

Good software for an someone who is not a graphic designer

Easy design software for someone who is not necessarily a graphic designer by trade. This software is easy to teach yourself to use.

Not as advanced as some of the other software programs out there. Some of the tools are harder to maneuver around.

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I used QuarkXPress to create books & versions of ads. It is fantastic with typography & layout.

Kommentare: This was an easy to use layout tool. I could easily lay out newspaper pages, version multiples of ads, create books or flyers easily. It was easy & fun to use.

It was really easy to layout a design in Quark. The link system allows your files to be small & agile. And it's Packaging functionality allows you to esily

I use primarily Adobe products, so the tools are different, look different and/or are in different places, so it takes a little bit of time to get used to.

Brian
Media Pastor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good software, but doesn't have the flexibility that Illustrator offers

I learned this software years ago, and it was great foundational, but overall not as powerful as Illustrator

I prefer how well Illustrator works with other software.

Alexander
Production Coordinator in USA

I've been using Quark over 16 years. It needs mayor improvements to be the industry standard again.

This program it is very precise, measurements can be exact and the dialog box for PDF output selection is also very detailed. Also outputting linked files and fonts into one location is easy.

The need to purchase 3rd party plugins to get many things done. Quark should address those needs in their next version.