Barracuda Web Security Gateway Erfahrungen

Filtern nach:

Über Barracuda Web Security Gateway

Web security solution that filters malware, app, content, and social media threats with real-user activity and network monitoring.

Erfahre mehr über Barracuda Web Security Gateway

Project Manager in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Works Too Well

Barracuda software has unfortunately been on my work computers for the better part of 5-6 years now. The software has done exactly what it's supposed to do. Stop me from visiting websites I'm not supposed to at work. I can't imagine the countless times this software has stopped others in the company from visiting malicious sites.

The biggest con for me is actually a positive for the software. This con is that the software works too well. I'm just trying to visit my fantasy football website. My IT department should loosen the grip a little. Please?

Cody F.
Director of Information Technology in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Web Filter Appliances vs. DNS Filtering

I have used a Barracuda Webfilter 410 for years. We purchased the appliance to replace the Web Blocker service on our Watchguard firewall. Setup is a breeze. Active Directory synchronization was always a problem with the way the device mapped users to IP addresses. Reporting was adequate but slow to generate. For a shop with limited IT resources these devices provide an easy point and click way to keep your staff on task by blocking some, most or all of the fun on the Internet.

As mentioned above, the reporting was slow and the ability to accurately map a user to an event required too many work arounds.

Erika P.
Call In Take in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good Basic Web Filter

Barracuda Web Security does its job as simple to use and quality software product.

There are some ways to get around the web filter, so not all off-limits sites are completely inaccessible.

Roberta M.
Technology in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Added Security to Trust

Kommentare: Initially I was overwhelmed with the Barracuda experience. My former filter was easy to manage and it didn't block quite so much and so eagerly. After a few tweaks, the filter works smoothly and there are less issues of educational websites being blocked. I like that the Barracuda will scan any PDF before it allows it to open. Once it has done this it remembers the PDF and won't scan it again. Our experience has been very positive.

We use the Barracuda filter for our school and the Web Security is an added feature. Since the Barracuda is our CIPA filter for the school, we decided that having the addition of another virus program was to our benefit.

Honestly, the Barracuda does its stuff behind the scenes and there is never any reason to have an issue with it. I find it a little cumbersome to manage when the need arises but that is few and far between for us.

Larry H.
IT Director in USA
Automotive, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Write a Review for Barracuda Web Security Gateway Review

Kommentare: Once we installed the Web Security Gateway we could rest at ease knowing that employees could only access work related sites and having additional security is never a bad thing.

Barracuda Web Security Gateway is a very easy to setup/manage security solution. It is extremely accurate and reporting capabilities are robust.

There are no cons that I am aware of, the solution may be a little pricey for a smaller organization however.

Jonathan G.
System Administrator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Barracuda Web Filter

Kommentare: Installation is a breeze, tech support is awesome, issues are minimum.
This thing rocks!

Barracuda allow us to monitor and protect our network from malicious files and websites along with protecting and monitoring our users.

Everything has flowed smoothly with the Barracuda Web Filter so far.

Project Manager in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Protects your coworkers from themselves

This software is one of the best in restricting employees from going places they shouldn't, being knowingly or not. Definitely saved our company a few times.

Sometimes the filters can be too strict, but that's the price you pay to be safe.

Kelly H.
Territory Manager in USA

Persistent Security

This company considers security as a high priority. It will warn you of any and every intruder. You can feel safe.

Lots of email Warnings. There was no way to consolidate daily warnings.

Marko S.
IT Support Tech in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Simple Web Filtering

Kommentare: Barracuda products have been a success in our everyday business applications.

Simple web filtering for business use. Keeps end-users off of malicious sites for the most part. Offers the features and functionality of any similar product.

Occasionally it will falsely flag sites to be blocked. This is easily fixed by adding certain sites to a whitelist or blacklist.