Über Inkscape

Open-Source-Vektorgrafik-Tool mit Objekterstellung und -bearbeitung, Rendering, Textunterstützung, Füll- und Strichfunktionen.

Erfahre mehr über Inkscape

A very good software for the price, amazing amount of options.

Poor UI integration with different systems settings, on linux, Inkscape doesn't respect screen scalling.

Bewertungen zu Inkscape

3,9
4,0

Inkscape hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 493 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Inkscape bereits verwendet?

Nicole
Nicole
Communications Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best free tool similar to Illustrator

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Nikolai
Konstruktion in Deutschland
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Tolle und umfangreiches Grafik-Tool

Sehr einfach aufgebaute Grafiksoftware. Sämtliche Formate können eingelesen und ausgegeben werden. Ich benutze es hautsächlich um Grafiken zu vektorisieren.Kostenlos!!!

Für mich als Konstrukteur ist der Workflow von solchen Tools etwas undefiniert.

Gustavo
Gustavo
Director in Portugal

Outstanding

Kommentare: I really like Inkscape, and for everyone looking for a vector design software I will advise this hands down.

This is by far one of the best designing tools in the market, and even better this happens to be open source. Inkscape offers a set of tools meant to design freely, effortlessly and with a lower learning curve than other alternatives. Drawing or even editing vectors is very nice, and everything works smooth without overcharging any computer resource.

I wish it has native Ilustrator files support, but there is not. Anyway, you can solve very easy this by changing the Ilustrator files to PDF. Then there is not a big deal about this.

Rodrigo
Rodrigo
Owner/Developer in Brasilien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for SVG

Kommentare: Years ago I started using Inkscape seriously, to create things like logos and baners, after a short learning curve, the tool became very useful, and its use was almost daily for a while. However, when I started trying to create derivative works, from resources bought in asset stores, which usually come as AI or EPS, I started having problems. Today I use it in conjunction with the paid tools, because its support for SVG is really great, and some quick tasks are done in an easier way than in other software, such as converting to PNG, which is much less bureaucratic.

The fact that Inkscape is free software and is great for editing SVG format makes it an indispensable tool.

The most important thing for commercial use, which makes it impractical to use Inkscape alone is the limited support for .AI and .EPS files, as these are popular formats for distributing content in asset stores.

Autumn
Reception in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Vector

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I have really enjoyed using and becoming familiar with the software and finding new uses for it.

It is a great vector software and takes care of all of my vector creating needs. The designs are easy to export and use however needed.

It is difficult to learn the layout and how to customize it when first setting up.

Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You get what you pay for.

Kommentare: Inkscape is a great solution for someone working alone or wanting to learn principles of vector graphic creation. I was surprised at how robust it is. That said, I need to be able output artwork and formats that my printers are going to easily be able to work with, without loss of I was surprised at how robust it is. That said, I need to be able to output artwork and formats that my printers are going to easily be able to work with, without loss of fidelity in translation.

Number one, I appreciated that it was available free of charge. For a product that is open source, it has some powerful functionality.

At the end of the day, working in a collaborative varmint or environments, it’s important to be working with similar tools. In my case, working with multiple teams of creatives means It is much easier to collaborate if we’re all using the same tool.

Luke
Quality Systems Administrator in UK
Automotive, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Free Open Source Alternative

Kommentare: Recommended for those looking to move away from Adobe's subscription model.

Provides most of the core functionality from other software such as Illustrator without the price tag. Allows for the conversion of Bitmap Images into Vector Images easily. Impressive compatibility with most other Vector Based software file types. Pairs well with GIMP as a free software package.

UI can be unintuitive at times, lacks the customisability that other software allows for and does not support dark mode. Limited to PNG output for Bitmap Images. Text Editing can be finicky at times, particularly with Spacing between Baselines.

Evelyn
Evelyn
Digital Marketing Manager & Content Creator in USA

My Vector Design System

Kommentare: For me, this is an extraordinary design software, super intuitive to use, handy since it possesses a portable version, and the vector image format is great for building icons compatible with almost any website out there.

It is Completely free. The user-interface works phenomenal. Designing is super straightforward.

The layers management and some other fancy features from paid alternatives are missing.

Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Adobe Substitute For Free!

Inkscape has all the features I need to create my t-shirt designs for FREE. It's easier than Adobe & has lots of tutorials on YouTube

I like the whole platform! No issues at all.

Luca
Web Designer in Italien
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

I've been using it for years

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I'm sticking to it after years nevertheless its weaknesses.

Once you get used to it you can do basically everything illustrator does.

There are some bugs that have been around for ages. You need to reboot it every time for it to load new fonts. Some operations take a lot of time. Sometimes it is slow and a bit messy. Some features, like gradient management, are confusing.

Brian
Director Content, Design, Marketing in USA
Internet, Selbstständig

Inkscape Can Be Problematic

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I was frustrated as it did not provide any straightforward applications and seemed to change processes from one effort to the next.

It was free and had the functions I was looking for. It does have a great many editing options though it is advisable to utilize the tutorials before trying to redefine your image.

I found it difficult to navigate and apply tools needed for editing my images.

Cindy
Content Creator in Kanada
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Inkscape is a great free alternative to expensive illustration software.

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I really enjoy using Inkscape for my illustration projects. It gives me a cost effective solution to be able to explore the world of graphic design without costing a fortune.

I love that Inkscape gives me the tools I need without having to spend a fortune.

The interface is a bit overwhelming to look at if you don't have any experience with illustration software.

Ray
researcher in Kanada
Forschung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very capable, powerful tool for creating vector images. Cross-platform and open source.

Kommentare: Since 2004, I have used Inkscape for creating vector graphics. Inkscape can easily handle small reasonably complex drawings. However, when working on large diagrams, comprised of hundreds of objects and many layers, Inkscape would become less responsive and occasionally crash. For creating highly complex diagrams, I still rely on CorelDraw which is far more robust overall. But I use Inkscape for all simpler diagrams and have watched it transform over the years into an increasingly powerful vector graphics program.

Cross-platform and open source. This has several big advantages: a) No need to worry about proprietary file formats and vendor-lock because it saves files in the open SVG format. Drawings that you create today will still be easily opened and used 10 years from now in either new versions of Inkscape, or in one of many other applications that can also open SVG files. b) No economic barriers to use- our members can easily download and use Inkscape without worrying about license costs. This helps encourage teamwork and sharing responsibility of creating drawings. c) No barriers caused by using different operating systems: Our organization members can use Inkscape on our computers regardless of which operating system. Some members Linux, others use Mac or Windows 10). Inkscape performs flawlessly on all installations. Can import Adobe Illustrator (AI), CorelDraw (CDR), EPS, PDF, VSD files and allow modification and edits.

The way Inkscape handles docker panels is somewhat confusing. Dockers are sidebar panels that display information about layers and objects in the drawing. Currently, the user must navigate to the software menu, click on OBJECT and then click on "Object" to turn on the Object docker panel. The same slow procedure must be repeated for Layers: navigate to the software menu, click on LAYER, and then click on "Layer" to turn on the Layer docker panel. A more convenient option would be to list all docker panels in the software menu VIEW drop-down list or perhaps somewhere else. In CorelDraw, I used to organize objects in my drawings by placing them in different layers. Inkscape does not seem to be able to do this. This is immensely useful for creating maps as each layer can be turned on or off depending on the type of map you want to create. ie) having a Road Layer, Water Layer, Houses Layer, Vegetation Layer, etc allow me to turn on only the layer I want to display. I can then create separate image files /diagrams for roads, river systems, housing, and vegetation for use in documents or academic articles. Inkscape developers stated several years ago that this feature would be implemented. Perhaps it was implemented, but I have not been able to get Inkscape to work this way When working on very large and complex diagrams with many layers, Inkscape can become quite slow to respond. For this reason, I tend to use CorelDraw for complex large diagrams

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

One of the best free software for illustrators

Kommentare: Inkscape is an amazing free software with great features that lets you create and edit vector and no-vector graphics, import and export designs in variety of format, and play with your own designs. It is a great free alternative to Illustrator.

For a free software, inkscape is feature-packed with almost everything its rivals offer. I love that it allows us to vectorize almost any design, even ones inpkrted from external drawing applications. File conversion from svg to editable PDFs is also a very useful tool, one that isn't available for free anywhere else. It is available on all OS, but seems to work best on Linux. It's recent updates have been fabulous, bringing in newer features and better interface. It also has a great support base with thousands of tutorials and an extensive manual to help whenever we are stuck. You will also find many twmplates online to avoid working from scratch.

Does not allow exporting to jpeg, which is a shame. Not all features are supported when a file is imported from Illistrator. Also, the learning curve is very steep. Even people having fairly good knowledge on Illistarttor and such applications will have to go through basic Inkscape tutorials to know how to get a job done. It also lags a bit sometimes.

Adam
Technical Operations in USA
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Escape from monthly dues, try Inkscape

Kommentare: Love it! I use it monthly to design fliers, t-shirts, business cards and help with web design for our non-profit that we run in our spare time. Inkscape is really a tool that can do it all and will not break your budget.

This is an open source project, I love things that are free (as in free beer and free speech). Inkscape is such a great value for the money. It takes a little time to learn, just like other graphics programs. If you are coming from the Adobe Illustrator realm, you will find things frustrating initially. Menu and tools and shortcuts are all different. But the principles of vector design and illustration are all there. You can literally do anything with this product. It won't have that glossy appeal of using Ai but it WILL get the job done. I just printed 100 T-shirts last week from an .eps I created in Inkscape (design and layout).

It's not flashy like Adobe, it doesn't look sexy from an interface perspective. Does that matter? Probably not. There is a learning curve though, be patient it is worth it.

Linos
Academic in Griechenland
Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Feels ready to move to a stable release

Kommentare: I started using Inkscape years ago, mostly to convert vector graphics and work with them as paths in GIMP. As both the application progressed and I became more experienced with vectors, I can now work from scratch in Inkscape when I need something done that way.

A cross platform, open source solution, with a helpful community. After a lot of work through more than a decade, Inkscape now feels more stable than ever.

Developer team have not released Version 1.00 yet, so I guess you could run into trouble with certain issues. Still, it is worth trying, and if anything occurs, just give it another try after it goes full stable.

Don
SEO Specialist in USA
Internet, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Anyone can use Inkscape to create images

Kommentare: Every time I use Inkscape I want to learn more. There are so many features and options built in you can make anything with this product. To get started I watched a few videos on YouTube but it is pretty intuitive so it won't take long to get creating.

Inkscape uses some standard features such as text, color, shapes and layers that make it easy to get started. I needed to create a simple logo and was able to piece together simple shapes and text for an interesting design. you can easily import photos, create layers and add elements to highlight areas or make a fun picture. I love that you can quickly select a huge assortment of colors with ease. Of course you can use a custom color but having so many preset colors ready to go speeds up the process.

I am not too fond of the page border default which I need to remove before I create an image since I do not use it. It would also be great if there were a robust library of shapes that can be used to speed up design.

Matt
Administrator in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome Open Source Vector Design Software

Kommentare: When upgrading all of our office computers we lost our old installation of the Adobe Creative Suite. We have since used Inkscape to replace Illustrator. It is very seldom that we use graphics editors in our office, so the cost of an adobe subscription did not make sense. Using Inkscape has been an amazing free alternative.

Inkscape is very intuitive and was an easy transition to make coming from illustrator. It does not have the steep learning curve that you may see when leaving other commercial software for open source. It is not very resource intensive allowing us to run Inkscape on any machine in the office.

The industry standard is still the adobe suite. It can make things problematic if I need to collaborate with a partner as many people do not use Inkscape.

Sébastien
Sébastien
Directeur in Mexiko
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

To Create High-Quality Vector Images for Free, Look No Further Than Inkscape

Kommentare: Because Inkscape is able to work with many different image formats, it has enabled me to convert raster images to vectors at work, making it possible to print high quality promotional material. Its ability to open and modify PDF and AI (Adobe Illustrator) files is a real plus, as designers will often send their work in those formats. I have encountered a few frustrations while using it, but my overall experience is definitely positive and I would recommend this software any day of the week to any person getting into vector graphics design. Inkscape is a polished piece of software, working as expected on all major platforms (Windows, MacOS and Linux). For some rare corner cases, it even provides a built-in XML editor, allowing you to edit textually any detail of your creation, which can surprisingly be easier to understand by abstracting away the user interface in a readable format. It can be overwhelming to learn how to use all of its features, but there are great resources available on Internet and in the "Help" menu in Inkscape, including a lengthy manual and tutorials ranging from basic to advanced level.

One of the features I like the most about Inkscape, apart from the fact that it is an open source (free) software, is its ability to convert bitmap images to vectors, which can be done in a variety of ways depending on the desired result (brightness cutoff, edge detection, color quantization, etc.). The Bezier tool is also very intuitive to use, even more so than in other applications such as GIMP, which doesn't support paths and SVG as well as Inkscape. Using the Bezier, you can either draw an approximate path to be modified later or add precise curves along the way to minimize the work to be done after the path is created. Some tools, like Spray, Eraser and Gradient, provide some handy shortcuts to create absolutely interesting effects without much effort. For instance, Spray can take another object as a selection, the Eraser automatically redraws the modified paths without the erased part and the Gradient tool can take as an argument the average color in a selection. Most of the commonly used tools are present by default, but you can choose to move or remove many of them. Amongst those tools, there are many snapping behaviors available that can be turned on and off quickly along with many more windows that can pop up or be reduced on demand. It takes some time to get used to the way windows can be rearranged, but it provides greater flexibility down the road.

Inkscape is filled with so many options that the default interface can look like a mess on small resolution screens: hopefully, it is possible to remove less used buttons by customizing the interface. Sometimes, when working with images that render a very high amount of details by applying filters, the software becomes slow and may unexpectedly crash. Unfortunately, it is a hard problem to avoid, the only available choice being to use as few filters as possible until the very end. Without using extensions, it is also hard to position guides according to your needs: you have to do manual calculations to make sure you can properly align guides between them. There are many ways to snap objects together, but it's still tricky to try to center a vertex from one object to the center point between two other points from only a portion of a second object: again, manual calculations need to be involved. On smaller screens of less than 17 inches, many long menus when selecting cover up to the bottom of the screen, making it impossible to read the description for each tool that appears in the bottom part of the main window that stays beneath the menu, leading to forceful experimentation in order to guess what each option does.

Deepak
Deepak
Owner in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Review of Inkscape

Kommentare: Overall, I recommend Inkscape to anyone who is looking for a robust vector graphic editor for free. It is quite capable of meeting graphic design requirements and is actually very easy to use if one has used other vector graphic software before. For the first time user it may be a bit difficults but there are plenty of online resources available to help the first time user tackle various tasks.

Inkscape is quite intuitive to use for those who have used vector graphics software earlier. It can open / import a variety of formats and can export to a variety of formats too. It starts up quickly and can convert a raster image to vector quite quickly. It handles graphics and text quite well and is an excellent tool for page layout.

What I want most from Inkscape is to have multiple pages in a single document. Currently Inkscape has just one page per file so creating a multiple page document can be quite frustrating, as each page has to be in a separate file. Having worked with other commercial software that allows multiple page creation within a single document, I found Inkscape's restriction to one page per document less than satisfying.

Karin
Lead Artist in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great alternative to higher priced image software

Kommentare: Inkscape has been a vast improvement over the suite software I was using. I don’t have to switch software to perform different tasks on a project. And, it’s price tag of FREE certainly helps when starting a business with zero capital and only two commissions that are yet to be paid.

This product is great. It combines all the features I need for SVG creation into one, easy to use, FREE software. Did I mention it’s free? I am trying to run a business selling various art items. I am not very technologically savvy and, as I am still in start up phase with zero capital, I need something inexpensive. I had been paying over $30 a month for another software suite that did not work well for me. Being on a budget so tight it’s basically non-existent, my laptop is very low on RAM, ROM and all those other computer capability things. With the larger suite, I had to install one of the programs, do part of the work on an image, remove that program, install a second program, do more work, and continue this cycle until the images were just right. This made projects take vastly longer than I could charge my clients for. Using Inkscape, I can do all these steps with one program that takes up about a quarter of the resources on my laptop than even one of the two programs in the expensive suite. And, it saves me over $350 a year!

The only issue I have with Inkscape is one of my own problems. I have been using the expensive suite so long, learning the different names and slightly different icons for Inkscape has taken some time. However, many videos exist on the internet to help people learn how to use the program.

Vinicius
Software Engineer in Brasilien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Review for Inkscape

Kommentare: 115/40 min
Describe your overall experience with Inkscape(Optional)
It's a powerful and general purpose vector end-user free software, great for a vast professional applications like Web Design, Vector/Graphics Business (cards, flyers, etc.) and so on.

Easy to download, install and use. Doesn't need of high computer requirements, is a lightweight vector software tool.

Some functions are a bit confused for starters, but the documentation is great and help a lot to solve most issues.

Dima
Software Developer in Südafrika
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Become the master of vector graphics!

Kommentare: Inkscape had entered my life over a decade ago and is here to stay! I use it as an image editor, as a sketcher for work flow diagrams and even for renovation projects! This is a must-have for anyone who is even remotely a visual person! ))

Wow, where do I begin? This software is so powerful, it's like a nuclear missile! I love what you can draw with it - literally anything!! There are so many tutorials online that anyone can use - articles, videos etc - that will teach you the basics as well as some advanced concepts and projects. One of my favourite uses for Inkscape is the drawing board for project flows. Unlike raster graphics (bitmap image) editors, in Inkscape each object is a vector, meaning that you can copy, paste resize and play around with it indefinitely. This helps me a lot when doing diagrams. Another insanely helpful function is image cropping. I can import a photo or a bunch of photos into Inkscape and make a collage or a compilation - and then just crop it all to the right fit. Have designed some of our best family photos like this. Plus there are filters and color edits you can apply too! Since Inkscape is so flexible and so versatile with what it offers, you can use it for literally any drawing/sketching project. Will improve your digital skills and will let you save some paper as well ))

The learning curve is pretty steep in the beginning and it is expected that the user should know some basics about vector graphics and image editing. But, like I mentioned, there is a ton of resources online to help you master this software, so put in some time initially and it will be an investment to you in the long run.

Jason
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Inkscape is great alternative to Adobe

Kommentare: This is a cost effective solution for graphic design for the end user. At home or professional, Inkscape will work for you.

The price and functionality are great. Inkscape functions well and doesn't take up much storage space as other designer products.

Beware, Inkscape updates can be tricky due to the amount updates from Apple but its a chance you take. The software for OS is solid but sometimes you need to avoid updates until Inkscape can catch up.

Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Escape Expensive Vector Suites with Inkscape

100% FREE for the entire package and that's an unbeatable deal. While this doesn't offer as much advanced features as Illustrator or Corel, this software does offer a lot. This is still the best free software of this time of artistic platform. Other Vector image software that's free or even some of the lower-end pay for stuff doesn't compare to Inkscape. If you are familiar at all with Illustrator, then this will feel pretty similar. If you are new to vector images, there's some pretty basic things you can do quickly and a decent amount of tutorials on Youtube and so on. I've used this to make logos for commissioned work and for my own art and I think it's very good. I use illustrator too, but I find myself loading Inkscape often for very quick images. The program isn't very difficult but there's a bit of a learning curb for new folks.

Not as many features as higher end pay-for-stuff, but it is free and what you get for the price of the time it takes to download is decent. If you are creating simple vector art images, this is pretty decent, but if you are doing something like vector animation, Adobe Illustrator might be worth sticking with. The software is not as intuitive as similar products, but it's pretty versatile.

Alexander
Music Composer in Argentinien
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Inkscape: Free and Powerful At Vector Graphics

Kommentare: In general, Inkscape is a great and solid software that allows editing vector graphics and helps with designing really well. It is a difficult start for beginners, but then it turns into a loyal tool for intermediate and advanced users. Given time, it can prove a very handy and useful tool, and can easily replace some of the paid alternatives, or even serve as a complementary tool for them. I'm overall satisfied with this product.

The ability of editing things intuitively once the tool is learned well. The options and tools offer a world of possibilities for modifying the vector paths/graphics and there is a lot of control if needed.The software is free-to-use and very capable in general, and can work with raster images and convert them into vectors if needed. Once converted or manually traced, the resulting vectors can be edited and easily modified.Inkscape is in active development and I consider that also a benefit.

The learning curve can be a bit tough in the beginning, although after getting the hang of it, the program turns into a very intuitive tool.From my knowledge, I haven't found a way to "repeat the last action", that would be a great addition if it is taken into account, as that's an important feature that helps and makes the design process quicker.The interface could be further improved and modernized, although it is not much of a problem as it is.