Filtern nach:

Über Monograph

Von Architekten erstellte Zeiterfassungs- und Projektmanagement-Software für Architekten und Ingenieure.

Erfahre mehr über Monograph

Junsoo P.
Junsoo P.
Designer in USA
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I like this software.

The thing that I most like about this software is that this is very easy to use.

I think the color of the important icons are too light so the font are not distinct.

vor 5 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback! We've added this to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.

David W.
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A super user-friendly, functional, time and project management option for Architects

Kommentare: We're honestly just getting started, but the company seems very approachable and open to building in features as required. I like the flexibility and nimbleness that they're offering. It's an EASY to understand interface as well.. and that's just the BEST.

I was really looking for a time tracking and project management tool for our Architects and PM's to be able to actively see how their hours are tracking against contract budgets. Every month, we were using exported xls spreadsheets to review time already spent - and every month, I'd notice that we'd be coming up short on projects. Their "money gantt" feature allows all employees to see how they're tracking on project's profitability in real-time. It's a great tool for both employees and employers to keep everyone on track.

It's young... meaning that some of the features are still being implemented and developed. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing. New features are coming fast. Integration of customer feedback seems to happen quickly.

vor 5 Monaten

Thank you for the kind feedback! We're so glad to hear that you enjoy using Monograph.

Steven P.
Owner/Principal in USA

First impressions....

Kommentare: The benefits are wonderful and I'm really really excited about the program. All of our employees can immediately see the benefit of integrating time management/hours spent on a project with general project management, milestones, and tasks.

The most impactful part of Monograph has been the project schedule and forecasting. Seeing what we have under contract and seeing the duration of those projects is going to greatly help manage our team and properly set expectations for our clients. I also really love the milestones and task application where we can assign things for people to do and then have a dialog about those things within each project and make sure they have been completed.

The biggest thing we would like to see change is how project fees are structured. At the moment, it is best set up for fixed fee projects, but all of our contracts are set up with three different fee types: hourly- not to exceed, hourly with no cap, and fixed. It would be helpful to have some customization to the fee structure that can then get assigned to the different phases. For the projects themselves, I would like to see the tasks and milestones be more present on the project overview page and when you navigate to the individual phase of a project, I would like to see the milestones and tasks that are in that phase and be able to add more within that page rather than have to navigate to a separate page that does not show me the gantt chart/schedule. I'm not sure how the expenses tracking feature would really work for us and currently don't see using it. None of our employees generate expenses. Any expenses for a project mostly come in the form of reimbursables (consultants, printing, permitting fees, etc.). A dream down the road would be some integration with Slack that sends a notification to individuals or channels dedicated to that project to notify them of assigned tasks, deadline reminders, etc.

Juan L.
Director of Operations in Kolumbien

Custom made for Architects

Kommentare: So far we are working on building our workflow with the system, Its good and simple to organize projects and resources. It saves a lot of hours and I really look forward to those free hours on getting more projects.

I like the way the software is built for our industry, the developers understand our unique way of managing operations and business. It comes with an amazing team that is there for you all the time.

I think there are two areas of improvement 1- Schedules, although the scheduling tool is very good for team management it lacks a mode where you can have a more detailed, presentation type schedule, to share with the clients and consultants. 2- Invoicing, we could use an online payment option with the invoicing system.

vor 5 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback! We've added these items to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.

Nick W.
Director of Innovation in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Monograph has come a long way, and its future is bright!

Kommentare: Our company searched long and hard for a project management platform before deciding to move forward with Monograph way back in the Beta version. We wanted a place we could go to tell us how we were doing on project estimation and budgets, as well as a scheduling tool we could go to in order to see when we could fit certain projects into our pipeline. Monograph does both exceedingly well.

I love the ease of use of Monograph. For the level of detail Monograph supports, it's always easy and super intuitive to use.

Monograph does not interface with Quickbooks, so you either have to invoice from Monograph and duplicate in QB or duplicate time in QB to invoice in there. Either way you're doubling up work, which is not ideal.

vor 5 Monaten

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We're currently in the process of enhancing our Invoicing. You'll be notified within your dashboard once the updates have been released! You can also stay in the loop on updates by visiting monograph.canny.io/changelog

Julia K.
Architectural Designer in USA

Perfect for Architecture Phasing & Project Management

Kommentare: It's much easier for me to keep track of project phasing and time spent towards various projects, clients and/or architectural phases. As a young aspiring professional, it's been a relief to have found such a user-friendly and organizationally-thorough project and work management software to help me navigate and organize my architectural career.

Integrating Monograph with our existing business processes was quite easy, and we soon found that the Monograph interface offered every aspect of project organization and management that we could think of. I'm currently collecting my AXP hours with the intention of becoming licensed, and this system has also made it very easy for me to refer to past timesheets and easily determine which AXP categories have been satisfied by various hours and requirements. Also, the team at monograph was always helpful and quick to respond, even on matters that weren't urgent.

The only thing that is missing from this software is a corresponding phone app, ideally with just as navigable an interface as the website layout. Hopefully over time and with enough support, Monograph will be able to develop this in the upcoming future.

vor 5 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback! While we do not currently have a mobile app, you can visit our Knowledge Base at support.monograph.com for information on how to add our mobile site as a Home Screen Shortcut, so that you can easily track your timesheet on the go.

Marcella P.
Creative Designer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Not quite perfect but a huge step up nonetheless

Kommentare: Overall, I would say that my team is pretty happy with everything Monograph has done for us so far. Keep in mind, we're only a month into use. It's taken about 3 weeks to move most of our past data into the software and that's partially due to being a smaller team during a slow period before the next wave of work hits. I'm nitpicking in the cons because this software is genuinely just that close to covering all of the basis our firm needs as far as project management goes and, once they address those issues, this will absolutely save you time and headache in figuring out how well a project's timeline is doing.

After we reached a point in needing software to manage our several projects, this was absolutely what we need to help keep track of allotting time fairly. Being able to plan your week out in advance, see your timeline and budget, and what hours your teammates are assigned all in once place is a crucial asset for a growing business.

UI still has a lot of kinks that need to be worked out as well as a few features that many businesses would have a need for. An example of UI is how the time is logged as hourly instead of WHEN you worked (like 3pm-4:30pm in a meeting). Another example is that the time tracking interface on the sidebar can be finicky (such as sometimes the time entries you've created for the day will randomly go missing but reappear when you refresh the page.) Biggest feature missing is while this app is tailor made for managing projects, there's no designated space for Office Management time tracking (such as office meetings, maintenance, marketing, things that can't be charged towards a client). We were told this was a common request that they were working on, but that in the mean time, retrofitting a "project" into office management was the current best practice. Having tasks be somehow integrating into time tracking (such as, associating the hours logged to a task that was assigned) would be incredibly helpful.

Eunhea K.
Owner Designer in USA

It's ok for basic uses

Kommentare: I am not solving any business problems through Monograph. I just use it daily to track time, create invoices, maybe track projects.

I can track my time per project and create invoices from it which is my primary use. The format of the software is simple and easy to read and mostly navigate.

You cannot customize the invoice - the default invoice format is also quite large; I'm surprised that this was designed by architects and not customizable. It doesn't quite make sense about how to track budgets and time in the project setup so I have not used it as much. It's not as flexible either if your project is very flexible and not as rigid (hourly, open ended, etc). Customer service is kind of hit or miss; it takes a few days for a response and then at one point, I had to schedule a zoom call appt just to answer a question that could have taken a few minutes to properly answer (they could not clearly answer my question in a chatbox). They say they are a project management software company and not an accounting company which I understand, but time is always tied to money in an architectural software tracking projects. So the fact that I cannot really look back and report on invoice tracking (YTD, MTD, etc.) and estimates and whatnot, seems counterproductive to me. I was told to use another software program to do all my accounting. I was initially looking for a one stop shop to provide all my needs as a working designer/architect. The other programs I've looked into also fall short so it is what it is.

Morgan B.
Business Manager in USA

Outstanding Software and Company

I love how comprehensive Monograph is. You don't have to spend a ton of time "finding" features; it is mainly common sense! The gantt charts are easy to understand at a glance, and for normal employees the software makes it very simple to keep track of your time and expenses. Highly recommend this software.

We do wish we could customize our invoices a bit more. As an architecture firm, we are laser-focused on all material that goes out from our firm - including invoices. These are a little basic in terms of aesthetic, but I know Monograph is working on implementing more capabilities regarding this. Not a big complaint at all!

Matthew S.
Matthew S.
Principal Architect | Owner in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great start, but needs some work.

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, we have been very happy with the implementation of Monograph and the improvements they have been making. We look forward to continuing to use Monograph to help us have a better understanding of our status on all our projects.

Monograph is great for getting a quick overview of projects and team assignments. The development team has been making significant improvements even in the short time we have been using it. Planning projects is straight foward and the tracking time and money against budgets is super helpful.

The task management needs a lot of work still. It is clunky and not very user friendly. There is also no easy way to budget for expenses on a project that are not tied directly to an employee's time.

Kendle A.
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Hopeful for more features

1. Strongest features are the Gantt type graph with small bar showing progress on value earned. Second, the roles that can be assigned independently.

2. The first month I used the software, I loved it. However, as the months go on, I have found that it doesn’t easily recap and present information as I hoped. Some of the tools and filters give decent overviews, but not specific enough information for a manager/proprietor. 3. Need to have clients that can assign project below and add filters in reports, widgets, project view, etc. of items by client. 4. Adjust dates by pulling graphical bars w/o having to open project “edit” mode, also gives ability to see other projects’ schedules when adjusting. I do like the new update with it defaulting to the planner instead of the general information. But you should be able to adjust schedules in context - that is the advantage of the project view in your design. Leverage it further. 5. Values shown exceed fixed amounts, should show effective hourly rate instead of “value earned” as hourly add-up of time. Or an option that payroll will exceed budget with the value earned calculation you are using. Problem is, even the “fixed” budgets add up this way in the dashboard which does not accurately portray for flat fee projects. Could have more options in this manner for employee pay as well. Some projects are flat fees for freelancers you hire, etc. 6. When invoicing, adding hours to the invoice does not provide any options for knowing what is previously billed. You must manually look back at each invoice to determine what is new billable hours. Extra steps are more time consu

Teresa B.
Office Administrator in USA

Using Monograph to Track Payroll and Project Status

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I've listed a lot of this under "pros" above, but in essence I'm very happy with Monograph so far for setting up projects, phases and using the time sheets. With a little time and effort I've figured out how to use much of it on my own and anything I didn't understand I was able to get help with from the wonderful Monograph support staff through articles or actually email and chat.

I really like how fully customizable Monograph is for a small architecture firm. I'm still learning how to use everything. As a new Monograph user it's refreshing to reach out and ask for help and get the correct answer to all my questions in a timely fashion by email or through chat. Monograph has amazing support staff! At this point we're using it mostly for time sheets to log payroll hours but moving forward, knowing how long a certain task took to to perform previously will help us assign tasks to employees and strategize payroll hours more effectively. Bottom line, we can certainly see if we're charging clients enough to cover the time the work takes . Recently, I received an email notifying me that Monograph has made changes to the features based on my feedback. What company does that?!? I'm very Impressed!

Our business has been using Excel for time sheets with a set form to fill payroll hours out on. Monograph is a bit more "free form" reflecting tasks being performed both routine and "one off" as we add these items to the interface. Originally, I found it a bit daunting to dive in with Monograph because of this lack of structure when rigid structure was what I was used to. For some users this might not even be an issue.

vor 5 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback! If you haven't already, please check out our Knowledge Base and YouTube Channel - the links are below. These are great learning resources that we continue to update based on new features and customer needs. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! Knowledge Base: support.monograph.com YouTube: youtube.com/monograph

Dawn Z.

We like Monograph

Kommentare: The Monograph team is incredibly receptive to feedback and is truly interested in helping their clients succeed.

This software is fairly easy to implement and use. We appreciate that it allows us to track time for jobs. The Gantt charts are very helpful to planning our work.

The invoicing feature needs a lot of improvement. It would be nice to be able to see how much you're likely to be able to invoice each month, based on the contracts and the hours spent on each job. It would also be nice if the invoicing feature could total the amount invoiced as you create invoices. I understand that there are some updates planned soon that should address these issues, though.

Anna M.
Senior Designer in USA

Makes Time Tracking Easy

Monograph is the easiest software I've used to track time in the design field. I've worked in companies that use spreadsheets, clunky programs, and even in firms that tried to create their own timekeeping software. This is simple, intuitive, and easy to use. I would highly recommend it!

I wish that the software did a better job of totaling the amount of different non-billable (admin) hours so that you could easily see the amount of billable to non-billable work for the week.

vor 5 Monaten

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We recently added an article to our Knowledge Base that will help walk you through best practices for Non-Billable projects or Non-Billable tasks, which should help you with your admin hours. You can find more information by visiting our Knowledge Base at support.monograph.com. You can also reach out to our support team for further assistance!

Justin M.
Project Manager in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A project tracker, scheduler, timesheet, and so much more in one

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The overall experience is very good. The interface is well laid out and clear to read and the customer service requests are responded to very quickly. Implementing it in our firm has been very easy and all our employees have responded very positively to using it as their hourly time sheet.

The software does a very good job of helping project managers track time sheets, personnel, and projects together. The display is laid out very well and does a very good job of helping visualize project timelines and budgets in relation to each other. It is very easy for everyday users to input their hours into the time sheets for easy tracking.

I would like more reporting features incorporated into it to leverage the information. Since we have all the aggregate data of projects, hours, sectors, ect. it would be nice to have more available options to filter, sort, and compare that data.

Marisa G.
Interior Designer in USA

Organized & User-Friendly

Kommentare: Our firm is able to track hours, client fees, project schedules, and much more with this resource much more accurately than we used it. It has saved us time!

Timesheets and Resource Planner are what I use most frequently. It helps keep the team organized throughout the week and helps us track fees and timeline much better than we used to.

There are still resources I have yet to learn about so the parts about Monograph that I do not use feel a little overwhelming.

vor 5 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback! If you haven't already, please check out our Knowledge Base page and YouTube Channel - you'll find the links below. These are great learning resources that we continue to update based on new features and customer needs. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! Knowledge Base: support.monograph.com YouTube: youtube.com/monograph

Andrew L.
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and beautiful interface

Kommentare: Monograph enables me to more easily record time and track project progress & fees. For basic functions & daily usage, it's easy to use. However, my sense is that to leverage it fully, I'd need someone to explore & work with it more on a regular basis (say, 2-4 hrs/ week, at least 3-6 months to start) to give me analytics and suggest ways to make my practice more efficient.

This is a big step up for small firms that have struggled to track project progress & fees against budgets. It's easy to use and doesn't require a big learning curve to be up and running.

I wish the software offered more ways to analyze data, including what-if scenarios, formatting and printing reports, etc.

vor 5 Monaten

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We're currently in the process of enhancing our Reporting. You'll be notified within your dashboard as updates are released and you can also stay in the loop on updates by visiting monograph.canny.io/changelog. Additionally, if you haven't already, please check out our Knowledge Base and YouTube Channel - you'll find the links below. These are great learning resources that we continue to update based on new features and customer needs. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! Knowledge Base: support.monograph.com YouTube: youtube.com/monograph

Amy B.
Architect in USA

Review 4-16-21

Kommentare: Great overall. Some small frustrations. I like how simple it is to navigate and the basic information it reports/shows me up front each time I long on, like the circular graph.

Colorful. Carries information over from week to week. The circular graph. Can log in from anywhere.

Difficult to make changes when you add time to the wrong project phase, and/or need to change the phase, and/or when projects change (i.e. grow and become two projects, or change name, etc), without deleting and re-entering new time. When typing a description in the "add a note" cell box, the back arrow doesn't work well. It jumps out of the cell to the previous day (like in excel), where I would much prefer that it function like Word and stay in the cell.

Ana B.
Architectural designer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Innovative and made by architects for architects

Kommentare: It has a lot of potential but it competes in the market with free tools that do some of the same things.

I discovered this software at an AIA conference and brought my conversations about it back home to my office. It was so cool to me how it was organized, with different ways of organizing your work and projecting time planned in different ways. It’s a pretty robust planning tool. The fact that it allows you to track dollars, as well as manage weekly work planning and requests , is pretty cool too. It was definitely an attractive tool that I took back to my company and requested we try it out.

I tried to test out this tool, but I was unable to fully test it without getting a team into it. I could not get a full project team to use it because they wanted to have someone test it out first. The cost ended up being overruled. People would rather use a free tool that does less things, I think because most people don’t want to take the time or spend resources to plan effectively.

vor 5 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear that your team didn't move forward with Monograph, but if they'd ever like to give us another try, we are happy to give them a demo :).

Arthur E.
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Review

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It has been great. Service is key and they have been completely available.

I like the flexibility of the software and the direction that it is going. There is definitely expandability and we really like being able to grow with the company.

Need to get daily planning resolved and sub consultants need to be integrated into the system.

Jonathan M.
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The A/E project management tool we were looking ofr

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The service has been great and we are glad to finally have a tool tailored to our industry.

This finally allows a project-overview look across all active projects in the firm. Other software only focuses on specific projects but Monograph lets you assess everything that's going on in a small-medium firm.

There are a few features still in development like better forecasting of individual employees' time, but the team has been responsive about those updates and communicates them well.

Jamison S.
Architect in USA

Growing with a new Product

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We have been growing with monograph over the past year. We selected the software for the potential and promise it has and realize that it is developing and growing along with our own young firm. The Monograph team is responsive and personal. The time change does cause some frustration when we a looking for solutions and need to wait hours before questions are even reviewed.

The program is easy to use and is not complicated to look at. It is great for information at a glance.

There are bugs that pop up from time to time on specific projects needing help from the Monograph team to work out. I wish there was better toggle features to allow you to switch projects or team members instead of exiting the specific screen to a general one to pick a new project or team member. I look forward to more reporting options, better features with the planner, and hopefully additional project projection info so that when planning staff and project pipelines, that we can show information to make better decisions while it not being permanent.

Monique M.
Studio Manager in USA

Switching to Monograph

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The Monograph team is very supportive and transparent. We haven't been using it that long, but find it very easy to navigate and love the visual impact and features.

After researching many project management software tools, we decided to switch to Monograph.io because of the money gantt, user friendly interface, and extensive features.

The 10-day trial period could be a bit longer, as you don't always have the time up-front to delve into everything, and the only way you can subscribe is during the trial period. The decision to switch from a program you are using takes time and feedback from everyone on the team. This doesn't always happen when you are comparing other options and are trying to get daily work done as well. Doesn't integrate (yet) with Quickbooks Desktop.

Kelsey B.
Landscape Designer in USA

Very Good Interface / Needs Minor Tweaks

Kommentare: My overall experience has been very positive.

This software is very easy to use and requires little to no learning curve if you are already familiar with basic computer use. I like the way that the pages are setup, very intuitive and functional. They are also pretty aesthetically pleasing as well, so that's a huge bonus in my book. As well, the software was fairly easy to integrate in to my existing work routine due to it's ease of use.

Since I am a user, and not someone who creates tasks, it is sometimes difficult for me to organize my own workflow. I would like the option to add projects or at least to propose additions for review and then perhaps my supervisor can chose to accept or decline them. As well, there is no easy way to track reimbursables per project. For example, gas and mileage per project. Lastly, the export of timesheets isn't very well formatted. Each export is an Excel spreadsheet, which is good, but then you have to go through and manually arrange columns/rows to make it legible. These are all, in my opinion, minor issues that aren't detrimental to my use of Monograph. However, it would be great to have an even more streamlined platform.

Eric H.

Great Company that Care about the success of the clients

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall they are a phenomenal company to partner with and have been a invaluable addition to our company.

It is very intuitive and easy to use and deploy. Has a very good overview of of the projects and makes tracking progress and profitability easy.

Wish there were more reports available from the information that we put in. Also can be a little slow at times but the company is working on these things and is in constant contact with us on how they can improve. They are great!!!