Über Monograph

Von Architekten erstellte Zeiterfassungs- und Projektmanagement-Software für Architekten und Ingenieure.

Erfahre mehr über Monograph

I think that you can integrate the time sheets but i would like to have a way to do planing of a project.

I think the project fee tracking could be a little more detailed and some of the features are a bit difficult to find / navigate.

Bewertungen zu Monograph

Monograph hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 229 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Monograph bereits verwendet?

Lori
Lori
Office Manager in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Monograph is the bestest in the westest! :)

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Fantastic!!!! I I think that this the way that it was built makes it cross-industry applicable. I could see myself in another industry and recommending that they implement this service.

User friendliness. A++ We have many age ranges, and this interface is so well designed that even the older crowd is able to jump onboard easily.

The insurance companies with the payroll services. Monograph is great, but those other companies that are tied in with the additional services are quite lacking in their turnaround times and communication.

Cynthia
Studio Manager in USA

Monograph is Great!

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I love Monograph and would recommend to anyone in the field. I think it is pretty user friendly and easy to understand where project status and finances stand. The color coding and layout of the Gant sheet is great! Invoicing is a breeze as well as timesheet management.

I love the layout and color options. It is visually pleasing to start, and pretty easy to use once you get acquainted with the program. Easy for all staff to use, and helps us manage our time better.

Project reports and employee performance reports could be better and easier to read. We have some discrepancies when it comes to profit and loss, so we refer to our QuickBooks online for that information.

Justin
Project Architect in USA

Gleason Review

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It has been good, I am still learning what it can or can't do.

The features for building out project fee, and schedule. How that translates into a Gantt chart, and how you can allocate fee / time by % to staff members.

Need's some further iteration's to refine the staffing chart. We have to keep rebalancing hours for every person, for every phase, for every project. Should be able to do in one click.

Sims
President in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Monograph has improved our staffing/planning tremendously

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Customer service has been top notch. Value of the product has been exceptional. It has helped our firm be better at multiple aspects of business and architecture.

Staffing and planning features and how integrated they are with projects.

The newness of the product means that a lot of needed features have not yet been built out...especially when it comes to reports.

Joe

Great tool for Architects

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We really like Monograph and have full confidence that the monograph team will continue to build this software and refine to become and indispensable tool for us.

Consolidating multiple software to a single one. Purpose built for the A&E industry with work flow to match. The team is responsive and reachable. The team continues to build the software.

Not fully built out for multiple service companies. Software is still a little clunky and feels somewhat startup. They have check all the features boxes but not implemented in the best way possible yet. We have seen improvements along the way but are missing a development schedule for feature requests.

Daphne
Director of Business and Strategy in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software and easy to use

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Very positive, and although there is plenty of room for improvement, I do notice that there are often new features being introduced, which I greatly appreciate.

It is very user friendly and easy to learn how to use. It does not take much time to onboard new employees. It's staffing/scheduling feature is great too.

I would like to see more metrics for each project. Namely profit margin, as the numbers I see under the profit margin for each project seem way off. It would be nice to understand how those numbers are calculated. It would also be nice if Monograph could provide a cost rate for each employee. I would also like to be able to enter PTO time available to each employee, which would also help provide a better picture of their cost rate and therefore the profit margin on projects. It would also be nice to be able to see at what pace we are consuming the fee for projects, and how we should alter staff hours accordingly.

Felice
Office manager in USA

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: There was definitely a learning curve at the beginning, but [sensitive content hidden] was able to greatly assist in this area, and having everyone onboard in the office also helped us transition from our old software.
I would say that we are definitely happy with moving to Monograph.

That is gives great visibility on our projects for management and staff. The invoicing function is also a bonus since it allows you to customize the amounts each month.

I would like to see improvements in the reports features - they need to be more customizable and available as a PDF. I would also like to see the customer service area expanded so that we can call and speak to a representative and share our screen to problem solve.

Rome
Principal Interior Designer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Software for Architecture and Design firms out there!

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The reports of profitability, time management, and utilization rate are game-changing in the software.

They are always improving the software. I wish we could do some purchase orders for products and materials we sell for projects.

Matt
Matt
Architect in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Can't wait for whats to come

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Great people, easy to ask questions and get support. Wont turn back!

I love the simple interface of the software and the regular updates and improvements always showing up.

Looking for ways to integrate with QBO more... looking for a how to on the new setup for best results.

Daniel
Co-Owner and Principal Landscape Designer in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

I enjoy everything that Monograph has to offer; however, what I enjoy the most is the milestone management. This has been a game-changer for our office. We have a distinctive dashboard display of all milestones that need to be completed that week. I can customize these and change them when needed. Plus, this is a great visualizer for our clients to understand their project timeline better.

I'm honestly enjoying everything with Monograph.

steven
Owner/Principal in USA

First impressions....

Kommentare: The benefits are wonderful and I'm really really excited about the program. All of our employees can immediately see the benefit of integrating time management/hours spent on a project with general project management, milestones, and tasks.

The most impactful part of Monograph has been the project schedule and forecasting. Seeing what we have under contract and seeing the duration of those projects is going to greatly help manage our team and properly set expectations for our clients. I also really love the milestones and task application where we can assign things for people to do and then have a dialog about those things within each project and make sure they have been completed.

The biggest thing we would like to see change is how project fees are structured. At the moment, it is best set up for fixed fee projects, but all of our contracts are set up with three different fee types: hourly- not to exceed, hourly with no cap, and fixed. It would be helpful to have some customization to the fee structure that can then get assigned to the different phases. For the projects themselves, I would like to see the tasks and milestones be more present on the project overview page and when you navigate to the individual phase of a project, I would like to see the milestones and tasks that are in that phase and be able to add more within that page rather than have to navigate to a separate page that does not show me the gantt chart/schedule. I'm not sure how the expenses tracking feature would really work for us and currently don't see using it. None of our employees generate expenses. Any expenses for a project mostly come in the form of reimbursables (consultants, printing, permitting fees, etc.). A dream down the road would be some integration with Slack that sends a notification to individuals or channels dedicated to that project to notify them of assigned tasks, deadline reminders, etc.

Nick
Director of Innovation in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Monograph has come a long way, and its future is bright!

Kommentare: Our company searched long and hard for a project management platform before deciding to move forward with Monograph way back in the Beta version. We wanted a place we could go to tell us how we were doing on project estimation and budgets, as well as a scheduling tool we could go to in order to see when we could fit certain projects into our pipeline. Monograph does both exceedingly well.

I love the ease of use of Monograph. For the level of detail Monograph supports, it's always easy and super intuitive to use.

Monograph does not interface with Quickbooks, so you either have to invoice from Monograph and duplicate in QB or duplicate time in QB to invoice in there. Either way you're doubling up work, which is not ideal.

Antwort von Monograph

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We're currently in the process of enhancing our Invoicing. You'll be notified within your dashboard once the updates have been released! You can also stay in the loop on updates by visiting monograph.canny.io/changelog

Adam
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Huge improvement from previous time tracking and project management software.

Kommentare: Much better way to log time and track project profitability. Requires some in depth front end set up to make truly useful, but the output is a big improvement from how we were previously tracking projects, and the user interface is a joy to work within.

Love the ability to track project profitability and budget time.

Since it's a developing software, there are still some reporting, formatting, and 3rd party integrations we'd love to see (such as utilization rates as a percentage, individual hours spent on billable projects by user, customizable invoicing, and QuickBooks enterprise edition).

Antwort von Monograph

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We recently added more customizations to Invoices and launched Stripe Payments. You can find more information in our Knowledge Base at support.monograph.com or by visiting our Changelog at monograph.canny.io/changelog. We've added your other suggestions to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.

Juan
Director of Operations in Kolumbien

Custom made for Architects

Kommentare: So far we are working on building our workflow with the system, Its good and simple to organize projects and resources. It saves a lot of hours and I really look forward to those free hours on getting more projects.

I like the way the software is built for our industry, the developers understand our unique way of managing operations and business. It comes with an amazing team that is there for you all the time.

I think there are two areas of improvement 1- Schedules, although the scheduling tool is very good for team management it lacks a mode where you can have a more detailed, presentation type schedule, to share with the clients and consultants. 2- Invoicing, we could use an online payment option with the invoicing system.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! We've added these items to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.

Ana
Architectural designer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Innovative and made by architects for architects

Kommentare: It has a lot of potential but it competes in the market with free tools that do some of the same things.

I discovered this software at an AIA conference and brought my conversations about it back home to my office. It was so cool to me how it was organized, with different ways of organizing your work and projecting time planned in different ways. It’s a pretty robust planning tool. The fact that it allows you to track dollars, as well as manage weekly work planning and requests , is pretty cool too. It was definitely an attractive tool that I took back to my company and requested we try it out.

I tried to test out this tool, but I was unable to fully test it without getting a team into it. I could not get a full project team to use it because they wanted to have someone test it out first. The cost ended up being overruled. People would rather use a free tool that does less things, I think because most people don’t want to take the time or spend resources to plan effectively.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear that your team didn't move forward with Monograph, but if they'd ever like to give us another try, we are happy to give them a demo :).

Jonathan
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The A/E project management tool we were looking ofr

Kommentare: The service has been great and we are glad to finally have a tool tailored to our industry.

This finally allows a project-overview look across all active projects in the firm. Other software only focuses on specific projects but Monograph lets you assess everything that's going on in a small-medium firm.

There are a few features still in development like better forecasting of individual employees' time, but the team has been responsive about those updates and communicates them well.

Heather

Great Product for Architects

Kommentare: Excellent! The support has been great, the community is wonderful - love that Monograph has been putting on events for all.

Unlike other project management and time tracking software, this product provides the capability to track project budget/fees in phases that align with the architecture industry's standards.

One of the most valuable things about this software is the ability to track hours against the project fee. We wish that the status of each project related to the project fee was more clear (percentage complete, time remaining for each phase, etc). You have to click into several menus to get to this info.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! We've added this to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.

Teresa
Office Administrator in USA

Using Monograph to Track Payroll and Project Status

Kommentare: I've listed a lot of this under "pros" above, but in essence I'm very happy with Monograph so far for setting up projects, phases and using the time sheets. With a little time and effort I've figured out how to use much of it on my own and anything I didn't understand I was able to get help with from the wonderful Monograph support staff through articles or actually email and chat.

I really like how fully customizable Monograph is for a small architecture firm. I'm still learning how to use everything. As a new Monograph user it's refreshing to reach out and ask for help and get the correct answer to all my questions in a timely fashion by email or through chat. Monograph has amazing support staff! At this point we're using it mostly for time sheets to log payroll hours but moving forward, knowing how long a certain task took to to perform previously will help us assign tasks to employees and strategize payroll hours more effectively. Bottom line, we can certainly see if we're charging clients enough to cover the time the work takes . Recently, I received an email notifying me that Monograph has made changes to the features based on my feedback. What company does that?!? I'm very Impressed!

Our business has been using Excel for time sheets with a set form to fill payroll hours out on. Monograph is a bit more "free form" reflecting tasks being performed both routine and "one off" as we add these items to the interface. Originally, I found it a bit daunting to dive in with Monograph because of this lack of structure when rigid structure was what I was used to. For some users this might not even be an issue.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! If you haven't already, please check out our Knowledge Base and YouTube Channel - the links are below. These are great learning resources that we continue to update based on new features and customer needs. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! Knowledge Base: support.monograph.com YouTube: youtube.com/monograph

Julia
Practice Manager in USA

Built for Architecture

Kommentare: The people at Monograph have been exceptional to work with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in sales was incredibly patient and spent so much time helping us determine if this software would truly work for us without pressuring or upselling. They're incredibly receptive to suggestions for changes and I've already seen them roll out improvements - the software keeps getting better!

Full disclaimer: I am an administrator who was not trained in architecture, so learning what my firm needed to streamline its project management and personnel operations was a challenge. The fact that Monograph is custom built for the quirks of the architecture industry is really invaluable. This, plus it is intuitive enough for a non-industry professional like me to learn the ropes quickly. As we roll out Monograph, we will be able to consolidate so many extraneous processes and tracking spreadsheets - I anticipate it will make our workflow much more efficient.

There are some reports we're accustomed to creating that are not yet features in Monograph, so we'll still need to do some legwork outside of the software to track certain data. Until consultant fees are tracked against the overall percent-complete progress of each project, we won't be able to use Monograph invoices or reports to share with clients as part of our monthly billing package.

Kaayla
Business Manager in Kanada
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Monograph - streamline your project management

Kommentare: Monograph has made a big difference in our office regarding project management. All the hours are being captured for each project, and with the help of the reports, I can easily analyze each project's profitability, pain points, progress, etc.
It allows me to quickly calculate what the fees should be for future projects, based on size and work required to complete it.

It is easy to use and allows us to analyze and assess each project. Based on previous projects, we can more accurately predict the amount of work and hours required, making each project more profitable. Lastly, Monograph are constantly improving the various features ie: payroll, taxes, payments, linking to accounting software, etc.

I wish team members could see their allocated hours vs. how many they've used in each phase of work without seeing the financials in a separate section of each project.

Isabeau
Project Manager in USA

Monograph Review

Kommentare: We are just starting to implement this to its fullest potential.

I like the amount of features and the setup of the software

I wish it were a bit easier to use the milestones and tie them to tasks. It would be nice if there could be notifications or email reminders if a milestone deadline is coming up, if a project is going over budget, or going over schedule.

Antwort von Monograph

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We're currently in the process of enhancing Tasks and Milestones. You'll be notified within your dashboard once the updates have been released!

Daniel
Project Architect and Business Consultant in USA

Monograph Review

Kommentare: So far, great. The Monograph team is outstanding and their resources are very helpful.

Great user interface, unbelievable customer support with a team that is always trying to improve the product. In almost all-in-one platform for architects

Really need to have your firm's phases and structure organized to begin. We do interior design, interior architecture, and architecture and it's been a bit difficult figuring out how to blend them all in one

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for the kind feedback! We're so glad to hear that you enjoy using Monograph.

Andrew
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and beautiful interface

Kommentare: Monograph enables me to more easily record time and track project progress & fees. For basic functions & daily usage, it's easy to use. However, my sense is that to leverage it fully, I'd need someone to explore & work with it more on a regular basis (say, 2-4 hrs/ week, at least 3-6 months to start) to give me analytics and suggest ways to make my practice more efficient.

This is a big step up for small firms that have struggled to track project progress & fees against budgets. It's easy to use and doesn't require a big learning curve to be up and running.

I wish the software offered more ways to analyze data, including what-if scenarios, formatting and printing reports, etc.

Antwort von Monograph

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We're currently in the process of enhancing our Reporting. You'll be notified within your dashboard as updates are released and you can also stay in the loop on updates by visiting monograph.canny.io/changelog. Additionally, if you haven't already, please check out our Knowledge Base and YouTube Channel - you'll find the links below. These are great learning resources that we continue to update based on new features and customer needs. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! Knowledge Base: support.monograph.com YouTube: youtube.com/monograph

Laura
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT in USA

Promising

Kommentare: It's good!

I like the graphs that show how I have distributed my time between different projects.

It seems like it is hard for the administrator to assign the projects and update the deadlines. I do not have an issue with it on my end.

Antwort von Monograph

Thank you for your feedback! If you haven't already, please check out our Knowledge Base page at support.monograph.com and our YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/c/Monograph. These are great learning resources that we continue to update based on new features and customer needs. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team!

stephan
Managing Director in USA
Architektur & Planung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A very helpful tool, with more room for improvement

The graphic representation of the relationship between budget/schedule/actual.

- The resource section is not usable for a large company. Needs to pre-sort projects and staff before start-up. - Project setup and especially resource allocation are cumbersome. - Reports are limited. - Billing rates were not setup to allow for rate increases. - Need to create and track subtotals in projects with multi-faceted contracts