Sketchfab 3D Visualization

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Jan K.
R&D Specialist
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For years I use mostly all of the functionality which Sketchfab offers. It’s well developed with good documentation. It’s have good forum and support. So it’s good to work with it. The platform is complete so I save a lot of time to write own one and maintenance it. Here I created 3D Products Visualizators which allows you to see product in one of 250 colours. You can see it at sample arrangement, you can upload your photo to see radiator in your room or even you can make a photo on mobile device and see it there instantly with possibility of adjust and scale it. Also you can change background color, see products annotations, animation with it or even animated product or you can decide which part of it you would like to see. And at least you can see it in VR.

Vorteile: Terma for many years use high tech for products presentations. In 2009 we start using adobe flash to present our products in 3D 380’ with possibility to change their colors. In 2015 we discover Sketchfab platform as a place to visualize our products in 3D with highest quality on Internet without needs to use any additional plugins. For us the most important was that Sketchfab use PBR rendering, include VR and have API which allow us to create our 3D Product configurator. Today we have more than 180 products visualized in 3D based on Sketchfab platform which our customers very like.

Nachteile: For me as a programmer I miss the source code of platform to implement new ideas by myself.

Excellent tool to build powerful 3D configurators

Bewertet am 3.9.2018
Adam L.
CEO / Co-Founder
Eventservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Sketchfab as 3D engine allowing customers to define their features and accessories and to view every single detail before purchase.

Vorteile: The fact that it doesn’t require any plugins to run in the browser. It just works and can be easily embedded on the website. Plus, obviously, Sketchfab API that allowed us to create a very powerful and convincing product configurator.

Nachteile: Didn’t find a way to animate textures yet...

Sketchfab 3D Visualization: massive amount of resources and a sense of community

Bewertet am 23.12.2019
Devin A.
None
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall it's provided a fantastic platform to share my creative ideas, and view/use others. Though the market varies drastically when it comes to quality and price, I can find anything I may be looking for, as well as share my own creations. It's great to receive and give feedback on creations. I would recommend this to those who want to share their work, or find a 3D model for whatever their need.

Vorteile: Offers a large variety of file types to upload and download 3D model files. Their model library is very vast, with multiple categories to find whatever model you're needing. Other then offering a market to sell and buy 3D models, it provides a community for creators and buyers to fallow creators and comment on others pieces. They do provide their service for free, although you do have the option to upgrade your account for added features that can be really useful if you are a creator.

Nachteile: A large percentage of their library are low quality 3D models, though some might not need a high quality model. Prices are subjective, so expect some models to be overpriced, though that can be expected when dealing with digital media.

SketchFab Helped Increasing Our Web Leads

Bewertet am 25.10.2019
Mehmet A.
Digital Marketing Manager
Möbel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The 3D design tool we developed using Sketchfab libraries changed our business for good. We currently generate 1/3 of all our web leads though that 3D design tool. It also shortened our design process significantly.

Vorteile: It is fast and it works smoothly on almost all devices (minus some old operating systems and mobile devices).

Nachteile: It was cheaper when we first subscribed, but then they increased their pricing.

Sketchfab 3D Visualization

Bewertet am 30.3.2019
Artist
Kunst & Handwerk, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really enjoyed using Sketchfab

Vorteile: It is very easy software to use. I see my ideas come to life before me

Nachteile: Extra features, brushes and shading can be added

User friendly 3D visualization tool

Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Stefano F.
Global Innovation Senior Director
Konsumgüter, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We're using Sketchfab for digitizing some internal meetings, reducing costs related to sales samples and others. However, I think that the potentials of this tool are still unexplored.

Vorteile: Extremely easy to use: no need for software downloads, no lisenses or credentials needed for the viewer, it works basically on every platform. The quality of the rendering is very good, especially if combined with a 3D generated from photogrammetry.

Nachteile: I would love to see it embedded in Powerpoint.

Best platform to bring new interactive 3D experiences for your ecommerce and customer experience

Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Benoit P.
Brand Director
Sport, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our Goal was to bring some deph and interactivity to our customers, gamers, who are used to interact with objects daily as part of their gaming experience. Being able to showcase our product in 3D and hide easter eggs for the teasing, and actual realistic interactive 3D objects on our ecommerce has been great and provided great engagement and feedback from both our community and business partners.

Vorteile: Powerful, full integration, easy to work with.

Nachteile: Sketchfab is simply the best 3D viewing experience for the web.

3D Tool

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Tyler W.
Student
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A great way to get a lot of great models but not super useful for my applications.

Vorteile: It has a huge selection of 3D models that you can use for a variety of things. I use them generally for engineering purposes.

Nachteile: Being an engineer, a lot of the models weren't useful for me. Most of the models are for AR, VR, videos, games, etc. Great program though.

A must for schools and education

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Michael D.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: ease of use, ability to design, create and share

Nachteile: I honestly cannot think of anything that I would say to the negative