Über Dentrix Ascend

Cloud-Zahnarzt-Software für dich

Erfahre mehr über Dentrix Ascend

Seems to integrate well with the computer and it’s nice having everything cloud based.

The lack of features available that are extremely common for dental practices. For example, printing off routeslips 2-3 days out is not an option, only "next day" route slips are able to be printed.

Bewertungen zu Dentrix Ascend

3,9
4,0

Dentrix Ascend hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 228 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Dentrix Ascend bereits verwendet?

Mike
Mike
Dentist/Owner in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Dentrix Ascend is a must buy!

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been extremely positive.

The charting and insurance benefits are the best. It is so user friendly compared to other software we have used.

Everything that I felt was missing has been added in the last year. I do think that there could be some improvements in the treatment planner.

Bevin
Owner/pediatric dentist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Dentrix Ascend review

Kommentare: overall i like the product but correcting the accounting issues is something that is very frustrating and would possibly cause our practice to return to Dentrix

like that its cloud based and always evolving with updates as users make recommendations to improve. I like that I can access it anywhere.

I do not like the line item accounting and that credits can not be left on the ledger without affecting provider totals. A/R from previous months changes based on patient over-payments. We have all our fee schedules in and we do write offs at time of service /claim generation but there are still instances where we have over-collected and the only way to have the adjustment for the patient over-payment is to put the EOB in as insurance over-payment which is not accurate or refund the patient directly when the EOB is received, which is not practical

Jesse
Insurance Specialist in

Gutless

Kommentare: Our office made the switch from Viive, which itself was a very frustrating piece of software as it would constantly drop connection to the server even after several "fixes" and technical support sessions with both Mac and Viive. I was excited for Dentrix Ascend, being a long-time Dentrix veteran, knowing the power of the Dentrix applications. However, in my experience with Dentrix Ascend so far, it is clear that Ascend is a gutless wonder, especially compared with how powerful Dentrix Proper is (and even Eaglesoft, for that matter!), and as such, is has been an utter disappointment. Full disclosure: I handle the front office/insurance/accounting end of things, so I cannot speak to the clinical end of things. My review is solely of the front office and accounting end of things. Keep in mind it may be delightful for the clinician. I am pleased with the fact that we no longer have to deal with constant server connection fails, so that is nice. But still not enough to make up for Ascend's other shortcomings. My first gripe is that once an insurance carrier is established, you cannot edit the payor ID. And once groups are established under a carrier, you cannot move the groups. This means, if a carrier is set up incorrectly (say, with payor ID 06126 that directs the clearing house to print and mail all claim) with several groups, you have to manually recreate the carrier and each group underneath, which is a cumbersome and time-consuming process. Secondly, with the procedure codes, many of them default to "mouth" for treatment area, even for common codes that virtually every insurance company requires more specific information. If the procedure code is used a single time, you lose the ability to edit even the treatment area. This was a big problem for us, as treatment plans converted over with several codes that are uneditable because they are "in use." We have had to create several "alias" codes, which the clinical side now has to remember to choose. Third, Viive allowed for payment tables under each group (similar to Dentrix Proper and Eaglesoft and several other software options), that would allow any exceptions in payment to be logged for future prediction. This is not the case in Ascend. This was an important Viive feature for us because we participate with an insurance company who calculates payment based on two fee schedules: maximum allowable per provider contract and maximum allowable according to policy contract. With Ascend, you are at the mercy of coverage percentages and cannot account for the two separate yet inseparable fee schedule. I got excited when I saw the "copay" field in the coverage table and spent a large amount of time updating this field for each group, only to find out from technical support that this is not a covered feature. So, ultimately we have had to develop external tools to help us predict patient responsibility. Dentrix Ascend has completely failed us in this area. Finally, we have hit a roadblock with NEA attachments. We are having to continue using Viive because of the inability of ledgers to be transferred over to Ascend (ledgers include open claims). To make a long story short, because we are maintaining a subscription to NEA through Viive in order to be able to keep sending attachments for unresolved claims, we are unable to send attachments through Ascend. Our only options are 1) to terminate our NEA subscription under Viive and print and mail all claims requiring attachments, 2) to manually move treatment over to Ascend and resume claim troubleshooting under Ascend, or 3) print and mail all claims from Ascend requiring attachments. We are probably going to go with option (1), but really, any option is a huge inconvenience. Bottom line, as the numbers and insurance person, I would never recommend this software in its current state. I am a huge Eaglesoft critic, but I would wholeheartedly recommend even that software over Dentrix Ascend. Ascend, you have a long way to go before you will get my vouch.

Access from anywhere, line-item accounting, some user-defined reports, everything is backed up in the cloud. There is potential.

Just about everything else: confusing ledger, user-unfriendly insurance setup, inability to edit procedure codes, inability to override insurance payments at a group level and on a procedure code level, NEA attachment failures.

Susan
Director of Business Administration in USA

Five Stars for Ascend!

Kommentare: Better communication among staff and between the office and patients over all our office has become much more efficient!

How easy the software is to learn and use. Our staff was very concerned about the transition because we had been using the other software for years and they still had so many problems using it. Ascend is user friendly it’s as easy to use as an app on your phone. I asked the team what they like most and these where their answers: 2 way texting, electronic sending for insurance, reliability, ability to access anywhere, time clock (new), how fast it runs compared to our old system and the amazing reports you can run (daily huddle)

In the perio charting it would be awesome if there was a way that implants are marked so both charts don't have to be open at the same time.

James
Practice Owning Dentist in USA

Satisfied from the start

Kommentare: We have always been happy with Dentrix Ascend. Our IT needs and budget are a fraction of what they otherwise would be. We can always access and stay up to date with no additional cost or waste of time. Ascend continues to get better and better.

Intuitive. It has eliminated wasted time and money on training.

While being next generation technology and cloud based it has been very slow to publish APIs and become operable with so many other businesses that can enhance dental practice management.

AMY
patient coordinator in USA

User friendly

What I like most about this software is that it is easy to use. It's easy to go from a patient chart to their ledger and back to the schedule. It's also easy to log in from home to view the schedule or to add patient notes remotely. Although there are some features that our staff would like to see added in regards to billing and patient ledgers, overall the pros outweigh the cons with this software.

The inability to add additional insurance payments when patients' two insurance plans pay more than the amount billed.

Erica
Registered Dental Hygienist in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing but could use some improvements

Kommentare: As long as the internet connection is strong, this system is amazing! Very user friendly and easy.

I love how easy this is to use! We have two dental practices with a lot of patient overlap and this is so much better than our old software. Very user friendly and easy to access from anywhere! I also love the new clock-in/clock-out feature.

I don’t like how I cannot schedule a recare appointment without completing today’s appointment first. We have our system send texts to leave our office a review once the appointment is completed, so the doctors don’t like to complete them until the patient leaves. I need to schedule the 6 month appointment before they leave or they don’t get scheduled.

greg
sr. director of strategy in USA
Vorstandsbüro, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Multi-site infrastructure

Kommentare: support, from both my customer success manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], as well as the tech support team have made the experience of converting to Ascend easy to manage

ability to report, review, and manage all offices without having to be on site.

there are many of my current feature requests included in the road map, but currently i would like to see a marketing campaign tool.

Amber
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use software

Kommentare: My overall experience with Dentrix Ascend is good - When we find a glitch or would like to see something change, we are able to get help from customer service quickly. I like that Dentrix accepts requests to make changes and prioritizes the requests by how many other companies are requesting the same change.

What I like most about Dentrix Ascend is that it is easy to use, web based so I can access the program anytime. They have a very good resource and support center to answer any questions I have. I utilize this for training new employees.

What I like least about Dentrix Ascend is that reports that I run are not consistant. I can run one report that gives me figures/numbers and run a different report for the same criteria and I can get different results.

EDWARD
dentist in USA

Dentrix Ascend

Easy to use. Easy to switch to different screens, not separate modules. Available anywhere, anytime.

Still has some issues with losing appts.

Deborah
Dentist in USA

Don’t Sign Up For Their Plan-Crooks!! ZERO Customer Service

Kommentare: Horrible!!!! Zero Customer service when you ask them to stop over billing you and they owe you money. Help is nowhere to be had, avoid at all costs!

The software is good and I like the product. It’s everything else that goes with it. I made the mistake of doing automatic payments. They frequently double billed me!! Did they tell me? No, I figured it out. The worst part was trying to get refunded. It took months!!! First they issued a check to the wrong name (not mine) and then took 2 more months to issue another check. Please tell me why they couldn’t just reverse the charge???!!! When I lost my business and had to sell the charts, I told them I would pay two more months so the other doctor could transfer...they continued to bill me 2 more months beyond the agreed. They decided they only owed me a month...what did they do? Issue me ANOTHER check to the wrong name. I call to speak with someone...forget it!! Limited hours and zero customer service. I ask for a supervisor and they made me hold for 15 minutes, then hung up on me. I call back, she hangs up on me again. I call back again and they don’t pick up for 20 more minutes. This is after I tell the girl I only have so much time before work to talk as I work for someone else now and can’t call other times, this is the only time I have. They definitely don’t care at all when THEY owe YOU money! Please keep that in mind. I don’t care how good the product is, when they treat you like crap repeatedly it is not worth it. Avoid at all costs! Oh yeah, I was a [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] customer for three decades...yep! AVOID😆

That I find out now, they were charging me 370$ and you can get plans for 100$ cheaper. (I had a very small office by the way....atypically small) Basically everything I mentioned before. Over billing and taking forever to get refunded, horrible customer service-they treat you badly and are only available short hours for monetary issues. They purposely hang up on you and avoid calls. They gladly take your money automatically but never refund that way taking months by way of wrongly written checks -repeatedly they’ve done this to me. They don’t care and no matter how good the product is, it is not worth it!!!! AVOID!! Unless you like being robbed and abused🤷‍♀️

Antwort von Henry Schein One

Dear Deborah, Thank you for taking time to provide your valuable feedback. We appreciate knowing that you like the Dentrix Ascend software and report that it is goodin spite of the billing and refund problems you described. Management leaders in our order processing team are examining your account to see how we can improve our processes, including consideration of your suggestions. We believe this is an uncommon occurrence, but if it happens in even one case, we want to know about it so we can make corrections. Thank you again for helping us get better. We wish you all the best in your continuing service to your patients.

Karlie
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Has potential.... needs more features

Kommentare: Would really be a great program, however it is missing too many key components.

The program is visually great to look at and is very basic, easy to use.

Ascend must incorporate more features from outside sources. At this seminar out of a large room of vendors, we could not find 1 who's program could be used within Ascend.

Jodi
Pediatric Dentist in USA

Pedo

Works well, cloud based is wonderful. So many "workarounds" suggested rather than ensuring a truly functional product.

All of the suggested "workarounds" instead of ensuring true functionality. VERY challenging and time consuming to create insurance fee schedules with copay percentages for each plan. Should have option for patients to automatically become inactive after "X" number of months have passed since last visit. Should not be able to appoint inactive patients without first changing them to active. Better notification of balances / credits / ideally on appointment card. The ability to delete any procedure (EVEN IF IT IS ON A PRE-D). The ability to add a D0230 to a treatment plan without first having to add D0220 then change as a line item to D0230. Online scheduling never worked properly/ MANY ERRORS in scheduling/ double booking/ and we have now disabled.

Sheena
Dentist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great potential for cloud-based software

Kommentare: Overall, great. I used Curve Hero for a while and I have been happier with the speed of the technology.

Cloud-based, constantly evolving, easy to use once getting the hang of it, images are well-organized and acquisition agent is within the software itself, which is great. Creating templates is great and super customizable. Can be used for multiple offices with ease!

CBCT not included, redundant, changing providers, unable to select multiple things to change at a time.

Dorca

Keeping it real-

Kommentare: Our team just got onboard with the online booking feature and it seems to reaching those hard to reach recare patients, which is great.

As a first time dental software user, I am pleased with the interface and ease of navagating through Dentrix Ascend. I love that they are constantly updating and bringing new features to Ascend that are specific requests of most of their customer base. They go above and beyond hearing and addressing our needs as the consumer.

What areas of improvement I feel are needed, having the ability to change an insurance from primary to secondary and visa versa without using so many clicks and steps. Also having the ability to print detailed receipts for specific collections, more specifically for Flexible Spending and End of year tax statements. Otherwise, perfect system.

Joseph
Practice Owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A God-Send During the Pandemic!

Kommentare: Very user friendly!

I couldn't have asked for better timing of the implementation of Dentrix Ascend into my practice. Orientation and conversion went so well! Three months after our launch COVID struck. I was able to maintain contact with my patients to augment emergency care and communications.

The VoicePerio just didn't meld into the Dentrix Ascend Software. I believe that someday integration will improve.

Esmeralda
Patient Care Coordinator in USA

Dentrix Survey

Kommentare: Overall it was easy to learn

It was easy to learn how to use and not having any prior training on it I liked the software.

there are certain features I wish it had. for example to keep track of NP referrals it the listing is not in there BEFORE the patient sees our provider it will not capture that listing when its put in after the patient was seen its aggravating because some patients don't fill out their paperwork until the day of the appt and it gets so busy crazy that I forget to put in who referred them and by the end of the month if I go back and put in the referral after it wont capture it it on New Patient list and I end up having to manually do a list on my end.

Kelsie
Dental hygienist in USA

Dentrix

I think the system is very easy to function. It can do a lot more than we even take advantage.

I do not like how hygiene Rec are is defaulted to every 4 months for a prophy. Other than that I cannot think of many cons.

Sandra
Office manager in USA

Frustrated still

Scheduling and treatment planning seem to work ok

Reporting is awful. Nothing’s the same. When things are broke or not working minimum 24-48 hours to fix.

Susan
Dentist owner in USA

Dentrix Ascend review

Kommentare: We are an older, small practice that doesn’t take insurance- all fee for service. We file for the patient but don’t know if they get paid, so there is a lot of end of month phone calling to clean up overview screen. Also the text messages should be customizable and indicate when one is sent. Overall, I am pleased with the program and the support and don’t know why there are so many negative comments. I really like being able to access from home or my cell phone.

Cloud based. Good support. Good initial training. Great for a small fee-for-service practice that doesn’t need a bunch of bells and whistles.

1. The monthly fee. 2. Can’t run Xray program on Mac (maybe things have changed). 3. Have to click numerous times to get to patient notes.

Rassa
Pediatric dentist in USA

Very happy

Great product very versatile. I especially love that it is constantly changing and updating to user request and needs. If i had to do it all over again would not hesitate and go with ascend 100%

No much cons, Just needed getting use to.

Scott
Owner/Office Manager in USA

Dentrix Ascend great product

Kommentare: Overall experience has been very good and the customer support has been amazingly and surprisingly good! The software does take some time to get used to, but the functions are there to make your practice as successful as possible

Very easy to use once the learning curve has passed. Most everything is easy to read and easy to find

Many functions (especially Power Reporting and building useful reports) are VERY difficult for the average person to set up and use. It’s an apple product which makes functionality with other products that are commonly used either difficult or gives you limited options (ie sensors)

Traci
Front office in USA

Dental Office

Kommentare: Getting Better daily with updates

I like that you can break down codes and see where the balances are coming from>

Not real user friendly can not enter payments if they are not exact to estimates

Manisha
DDS in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

dentix ascend in dental offices

Kommentare: Once we got rolling it has been easy to get used to.

cloud based so it makes access to records from home much easier

They need to change the name to just Ascend. It is nothing like the Dentrix core software. There could be better ability to input multiple family members with same email addresses. In the home screen, doctors are able to acess patient charts in area when we see our notes are not signed. We can only currently edit the note.

SHARON
Communications Executive in USA

New user as of August 2018

Kommentare: I do the stats for our multiple locations. There are many stats we used to track but can no longer get that data. It's very frustrating. Now that I'm used to using Dentrix, I can see, with some changes, this could be a really great program. It's not horrible and I'm not completely dissatisfied, but it has been disappointing.

It's cloud based so you can view the schedule easily anywhere. Customer service has been pleasant It's nice being able to view multiple offices

Not being able to pull info we need from reports. Not being able to have more control over confirmations. Not being able to change the color of appts to match the procedure. Not being able to see who created/removed/edited an event (block) Not having an actual medical history for pts - only alerts Not being able to view pt notes from newest Not being able to pull up individual credit card reports Not being able to create our own credit descriptions Our collections has gone down since the conversion due to insurance conversion issues. wish we would've been better prepared for this! Not being able to customize patient forms. Not being able to track text/email confirmations. Billing statements are not automatically put into pts account