Über Dentrix Ascend

Cloud-Zahnarzt-Software für dich

Erfahre mehr über Dentrix Ascend

Seems to integrate well with the computer and it’s nice having everything cloud based.

The lack of features available that are extremely common for dental practices. For example, printing off routeslips 2-3 days out is not an option, only "next day" route slips are able to be printed.

Bewertungen zu Dentrix Ascend

3,9
4,0

Dentrix Ascend hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 229 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Dentrix Ascend bereits verwendet?

Mike
Mike
Dentist/Owner in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Dentrix Ascend is a must buy!

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been extremely positive.

The charting and insurance benefits are the best. It is so user friendly compared to other software we have used.

Everything that I felt was missing has been added in the last year. I do think that there could be some improvements in the treatment planner.

Bevin
Owner/pediatric dentist in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Dentrix Ascend review

Kommentare: overall i like the product but correcting the accounting issues is something that is very frustrating and would possibly cause our practice to return to Dentrix

like that its cloud based and always evolving with updates as users make recommendations to improve. I like that I can access it anywhere.

I do not like the line item accounting and that credits can not be left on the ledger without affecting provider totals. A/R from previous months changes based on patient over-payments. We have all our fee schedules in and we do write offs at time of service /claim generation but there are still instances where we have over-collected and the only way to have the adjustment for the patient over-payment is to put the EOB in as insurance over-payment which is not accurate or refund the patient directly when the EOB is received, which is not practical

Roxanne
Financial and Scheduling Coordinator in USA

Dentrix Ascend Brought our office low

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We have 2 offices that switched from Dentrix to Dentrix Ascend in December. We all hate it. We are moving to another program in a few weeks.

Looks clean. User function is not great.

So much clicking to get where you want to go. Laborious. No pretreatment estimate tracking. You can put in treatment, and send a preauthorization, but when it comes back, there's no way to communicate what the preestimate states except going to hunt for it and looking at a little note you put in yourself. Also, the power reporting is a NIGHTMARE. Overly complicated. You can't print a report. We have needed support several times and while the people I've actually gotten a hold of have been wonderful, I've waited on the phone for over 45 minutes twice before I was able to reach someone to help me. If you email them, they create a ticket. They don't tell you what to do with the ticket, but you have one. Enjoy. We went over a month until we were able to fix a problem with insurance coverage dates overlapping. We were completely locked out until I had someone remote in to my laptop at home and fix it. She did a great job, but the time it took to get the problem resolved was ridiculous.

Susan
Director of Business Administration in USA

Five Stars for Ascend!

Kommentare: Better communication among staff and between the office and patients over all our office has become much more efficient!

How easy the software is to learn and use. Our staff was very concerned about the transition because we had been using the other software for years and they still had so many problems using it. Ascend is user friendly it’s as easy to use as an app on your phone. I asked the team what they like most and these where their answers: 2 way texting, electronic sending for insurance, reliability, ability to access anywhere, time clock (new), how fast it runs compared to our old system and the amazing reports you can run (daily huddle)

In the perio charting it would be awesome if there was a way that implants are marked so both charts don't have to be open at the same time.

Practice Owning Dentist in USA

Satisfied from the start

Kommentare: We have always been happy with Dentrix Ascend. Our IT needs and budget are a fraction of what they otherwise would be. We can always access and stay up to date with no additional cost or waste of time. Ascend continues to get better and better.

Intuitive. It has eliminated wasted time and money on training.

While being next generation technology and cloud based it has been very slow to publish APIs and become operable with so many other businesses that can enhance dental practice management.

AMY
patient coordinator in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly

What I like most about this software is that it is easy to use. It's easy to go from a patient chart to their ledger and back to the schedule. It's also easy to log in from home to view the schedule or to add patient notes remotely. Although there are some features that our staff would like to see added in regards to billing and patient ledgers, overall the pros outweigh the cons with this software.

The inability to add additional insurance payments when patients' two insurance plans pay more than the amount billed.

Erica
Registered Dental Hygienist in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing but could use some improvements

Kommentare: As long as the internet connection is strong, this system is amazing! Very user friendly and easy.

I love how easy this is to use! We have two dental practices with a lot of patient overlap and this is so much better than our old software. Very user friendly and easy to access from anywhere! I also love the new clock-in/clock-out feature.

I don’t like how I cannot schedule a recare appointment without completing today’s appointment first. We have our system send texts to leave our office a review once the appointment is completed, so the doctors don’t like to complete them until the patient leaves. I need to schedule the 6 month appointment before they leave or they don’t get scheduled.

Amber

Easy to use software

Kommentare: My overall experience with Dentrix Ascend is good - When we find a glitch or would like to see something change, we are able to get help from customer service quickly. I like that Dentrix accepts requests to make changes and prioritizes the requests by how many other companies are requesting the same change.

What I like most about Dentrix Ascend is that it is easy to use, web based so I can access the program anytime. They have a very good resource and support center to answer any questions I have. I utilize this for training new employees.

What I like least about Dentrix Ascend is that reports that I run are not consistant. I can run one report that gives me figures/numbers and run a different report for the same criteria and I can get different results.

EDWARD
dentist in USA

Dentrix Ascend

Easy to use. Easy to switch to different screens, not separate modules. Available anywhere, anytime.

Still has some issues with losing appts.

Sonya
Practice Admin in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

DENTRIX ASCEND

Kommentare: We just short of 2 years using Ascend. While I have gotten used to some of the more burdensome aspects, and it's okay, there are still many aspects that are inefficient and time consuming. Software, especially new "latest and greatest" should make workload easier and more efficient. Overall, Ascend hasn't made things more streamlined and efficient. It is the opposite.

Being web based is an advantage due to being able to access when out of the office with secure credentials. Occasionally situations arise when contacting patients outside of business hours of off location is important. Being able to add attachments to claims is easy and I do love this about Ascend, except......

......Many insurance plans we use are not supported neither in eclaims nor attachments in Ascend. Some plans with multiple payor ids, are only identified in Ascend with one or the wrong payor id altogether, increasing the number of paper claims required. It also not possible to update an employer/group when they change insurance plans, some do this yearly. A brand new group has to be added when this happens. Editing a group makes much more sense. Too many clicks to do everything, especially printing. Standard reporting is extremely difficult. Building the report needed is time consuming and confusing. Of all the complicated things you can do with Ascend, electronic billing isn't one of them. Statements have to be printed, stuffed, stamped and mailed. Very time consuming.

Antwort von Henry Schein One

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are finding the anytime, anywhere access to be helpful. Especially since the start of the pandemic, Dentrix Ascend users have commented on how this has been very helpful. We appreciate the feedback on insurance plans and reporting, and we will look into the areas you mentioned. Regarding statements, you do have the option to send them electronically, and they arrive by the customer's preferred method: text or email. You can learn more about electronic statements in the online help or give our Support team a call.

Deborah

Don’t Sign Up For Their Plan-Crooks!! ZERO Customer Service

Kommentare: Horrible!!!! Zero Customer service when you ask them to stop over billing you and they owe you money. Help is nowhere to be had, avoid at all costs!

The software is good and I like the product. It’s everything else that goes with it. I made the mistake of doing automatic payments. They frequently double billed me!! Did they tell me? No, I figured it out. The worst part was trying to get refunded. It took months!!! First they issued a check to the wrong name (not mine) and then took 2 more months to issue another check. Please tell me why they couldn’t just reverse the charge???!!! When I lost my business and had to sell the charts, I told them I would pay two more months so the other doctor could transfer...they continued to bill me 2 more months beyond the agreed. They decided they only owed me a month...what did they do? Issue me ANOTHER check to the wrong name. I call to speak with someone...forget it!! Limited hours and zero customer service. I ask for a supervisor and they made me hold for 15 minutes, then hung up on me. I call back, she hangs up on me again. I call back again and they don’t pick up for 20 more minutes. This is after I tell the girl I only have so much time before work to talk as I work for someone else now and can’t call other times, this is the only time I have. They definitely don’t care at all when THEY owe YOU money! Please keep that in mind. I don’t care how good the product is, when they treat you like crap repeatedly it is not worth it. Avoid at all costs! Oh yeah, I was a [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] customer for three decades...yep! AVOID😆

That I find out now, they were charging me 370$ and you can get plans for 100$ cheaper. (I had a very small office by the way....atypically small) Basically everything I mentioned before. Over billing and taking forever to get refunded, horrible customer service-they treat you badly and are only available short hours for monetary issues. They purposely hang up on you and avoid calls. They gladly take your money automatically but never refund that way taking months by way of wrongly written checks -repeatedly they’ve done this to me. They don’t care and no matter how good the product is, it is not worth it!!!! AVOID!! Unless you like being robbed and abused🤷‍♀️

Antwort von Henry Schein One

Dear Deborah, Thank you for taking time to provide your valuable feedback. We appreciate knowing that you like the Dentrix Ascend software and report that it is goodin spite of the billing and refund problems you described. Management leaders in our order processing team are examining your account to see how we can improve our processes, including consideration of your suggestions. We believe this is an uncommon occurrence, but if it happens in even one case, we want to know about it so we can make corrections. Thank you again for helping us get better. We wish you all the best in your continuing service to your patients.

Monique
dentist
Medizinische Praxis, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

I have used dentrix in private practice for several years, im not 100% happy with some of the features but it gets the job done.

Kommentare: There is definitely room for improvement when it comes to functionality and user friendly options. I also feel simplicity is a must as well.

Customer service is good, any updates are easy to take care of. The patient scheduling is very easy to do, and I like the colors that you can choose from for different providers. I also like the Pinboard feature, it is very useful and handy. Reports are easy to run and very helpful and useful.

Not user friendly, dental charting can use some changes. Don't care for the x-ray component. There are way too many pop ups when you opening the patients chart and you have to navigate thru all of them every time the chart is opened which is a headache. Medical / Dental history has to be scanned into the chart and there should be an automatic form where information already gets populated into patient's chart, it would save time. Would love to have a split screen on one page when treatment planning, charting and viewing xrays so you don't have a open and close screens back and forth.

Clint
Medizinische Praxis, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Software has a lot of potential, but needs interface and functionality improvements

Kommentare: Overall this program has a lot of potential to be great, but for the cost things should be running much more efficiently than they do. The interface could use some serious re-modeling and consideration for a fast moving practice that needs to reference notes, images, chart in one place instead of clicking around constantly to get information

Bouncing between separate offices is easy to work with, managing appointments, and using the ledger works great. Keeping track of family members, adding watched surfaces, and adding procedures is great to work with. X-ray features have improved over time

The overall interface of the clinical notes, charting and imaging is not user friendly. I've commented countless times about referencing the clinical notes with a patient in the chair is hard to use and hard to look back on old notes clicks around and x-ing out of boxes. The old dentrix note setup below the chart was much easier to use and made it much easier to refer to the chart in front of you. The image quality on xrays are ok, dexis is better than schick. Schick images are so bad I hardly consider them diagnostic. Dentrix and Schick both point the finger at each other and Dentrix answer is to use a twain device which looks like an interface from Windows '98 and is not user friendly or conducive to a fast working office.

Sheila
Hausmeisterservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worst software I have used in 45 years!!!!!

Kommentare: It takes 10 x longer to do anything in the front office. You cannot change insurance companies without going through 15 - 20 minutes of navigation, There is NO WAY to put a insurance information form on with the other 5 forms for the patient to fill out their own insurance information. You have to put the insurance address and telephone number in every time you put the insurance in, it does not do it automatically. The estimates are NEVER correct. The people that work there do not have a clue what they are doing. There is NOT one thing I like about this software

Nothing- There is Nothing I like- everything is so difficult to navigate, no one that works there knows anything about the software

Everything! I can't think of anything I like

Anita
Owner/Dentist in USA

Extremely Satisfied!

Having used their non-cloud based Dentrix prior to the Ascend version, it was a seemless transition. Very user friendly, even our older employees caught on quickly and adapted.

The only con I have is the lack of some features, but they are doing a wonderful job slowly adding them to the program. I was just hoping for a time clock feature, and they debuted it last week! Now if there was a way for employees to leave notes; such as, I forgot to clock in at 7am or I didn't get a lunch today....

CEO in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A great decision to implement.

Kommentare: Overall the experience has been great. We have been very pleased with the constant updates and improvements.

We have over a dozen offices in multiple states. Ascend allows us to seamlessly work in each office from our home office. We can see, in real time, how each office is working and more importantly how effectively. The skill level in our offices has improved dramatically.

It is expensive! But, as we use the features that the software has it becomes apparent that it is worth it.

Mia

Dentrix Ascend Review

Kommentare: Dentrix Ascend helps us to schedule patients, assist with insurance, and allow us to have paperless office, which is the bulk of what we need in the office.

I like that I can access this software from any location and even on my phone. It allows me to be able to assist patient's and access the schedule when I'm not in the office.

I don't like the way the Day sheet report prints out. I don't like how if a dollar amount is over $1000 it doesn't show the full number on the report when it's printed out. I also don't like that I can't tag payments with multiple tags. For example, If I enter a credit card payment I can only tag they credit card type but can't add like a tag for the doctor that provided the service for whom that payment is going towards. I also don't like that we can't customize text or send manual text messages to patients. I'm still getting use to using the software but the power reporting I find it not very user friendly.

Kelsie
Dental hygienist in USA

Dentrix

I think the system is very easy to function. It can do a lot more than we even take advantage.

I do not like how hygiene Rec are is defaulted to every 4 months for a prophy. Other than that I cannot think of many cons.

Kayte

Best Dental Software I've Used To Date

Kommentare: This software has helped our practice optimize each patient appointment and improved our office flow dramatically. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud based software.

I have utilized four separate software systems in dental offices and Dentrix Ascend has by far been the best. If you are computer/internet versed it is a great software to invest in. Being cloud based I love being able to access the software anywhere, they are always updating and adding great new features, the customer service representatives are helpful and friendly every time you call in, the insurance area is very impressive, everything is easy to use and navigate (excluding reports).

The reporting area in Dentrix is very hard to navigate. I do have to call in to run most reports that are not standard, but the customer service reps are always kind and eager to help.

Miroslav

Review

Kommentare: satisfied 7 out of 10

cloud base solution. easy of use software.

Missing some of the key features such as the ability to send predetermination to second insurance, tracing predetermination claims.

Ron

Mostly there

Kommentare: I love the portability, however, the interface with iPhone isn’t quite 100% and the chrome book interface stopped working altogether. The reports are too customizable and need to just have more basic reports to choose from rather than making us build the entire thing ourselves.

It is great that it is cloud based and easy to access and the updates happen often to improve use.

Because it’s cloud based, the response time can be slow. Especially the imaging. Also the reports are way too confusing

Cynthia
Account Manager in USA
Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good

Kommentare: It was easy to learn

It is easy to use and learn. I like that I can log in anywhere.

More options when entering insurance. Accurate patient portion numbers. Have the over 90 seperated from the 60 insurance aging report

Joan
Founder in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Dentrix Ascend Review

Kommentare: My overall experience is good. I am a start up agency for mobile delivery of services and I need a platform that is accessible to multiple users and will work as we grow.

I like the generation of the Patient Clinical Record as we submit it for the patient’s medical record.

The charting is time consuming and could be better streamlined and tailored to my needs.

Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Complete and utter lack of necessary features

Kommentare: Don't let the sales rep trick you into purchasing like we did by promising future features. The pace of development is GLACIAL at best. Promised patient forms when we signed up in Q2 2017. Q1 2018 and they still haven't been delivered. We now have to go through the pain of converting back to Dentrix G6 or Open Dental. Avoid this immature product at all costs.

Fairly simple to pick up and learn. Mostly because it is just that, incredibly simple. Integrates all your costs into one monthly subscription

Missing so many features that are basic necessities in a modern dental office. No electronic billing, no patient forms, no ERA, completely lacks lab tracking or a way to track referrals to other dental offices. No communication log, integrations with external services or programs, even just basic editing items like payment tags you've created is restricted. The document center can't even be sorted!

Mark
Billing Specialist in USA

Need some updates

Kommentare: It is always a constant challenge for us because our organization still cant submit claim electronically. There are things that we found that makes our work overflow easy, however, Dentrix Ascend should have the same function as the original Dentrix Software.

Ease of access and very easy to utilize.

Needs improvement with electronic claim submission, update on insurance ID function, and needs improvement for recoupment for billed in error procedures. The unresolved claim function should be filtered to have just certain days of overdue.