Über OmniFocus

Aufgabenmanagement-App für iOS mit hellen und dunklen Modi, die jederzeit eine Reihe von Aufgaben anzeigen oder auf diese „fokussieren“ kann.

Erfahre mehr über OmniFocus

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie OmniFocus bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Tammie E.
Tammie E.
Blogger in UK
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Fantastic "to-do" software but very in-depth

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I tried a dozen to-do apps before purchasing OF3 and stuck with it a few months but the interface wasn't right for me and it was too fiddly and too overwhelming. If you can get into it properly and can handle how in-depth it is then you'll be fine but it was just too much for me. The price when I got it was actually great, it was a one-time purchase, not subscription like it is now. However, I have switched to Todoist which meets my needs so much better.

It had all the features I needed including setting repeating reminders, ease of adding a task and setting dark mode.

It's too in-depth, if you've never used it or one of Omni's other software it's a heck of a learning curve. The online manual is huge and there's so much to find out. Setting repeating tasks is quite fiddly, there are a lot of options. Other software I've used let's you just put "water plants every Monday" and it'll set that reminder. In OF3 you have to select so many options just to do this. It's very fiddly on a phone especially.

Jakob B.
Jakob B.
International Senior Manager in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A well featured tool with a steep learning curve

Kommentare: Trying to juggle multiple roles at work with different projects and deadlines, OmniFocus helps with the defer dates, to not have something pop up until you have decided to work on it. So it is easier to avoid being overwhelmed. So long as you consistently use the system and review weekly.

When you are invested in the system and the GTD (Getting Things Done) Methodology, OmniFocus works quite well.

The learning curve! It takes a lot of time to internalize how OmniFocus works and the flow daily and weekly use.

Project Manager - Retail Quality Engineering @ Apple in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

My Go To Tool to Getting Things Done

Kommentare: OmniFocus allows you to quickly capture your thoughts and turn them into actionable tasks. OmniFocus’s intuitive and customizable interface provides you with the tools needed to organize your tasks into manageable actions.

These are features that I like Quick Entry, allows me to quickly create tasks from anywhere on your Mac Folders and projects to help organize tasks Customizable views Mail app integration

I do not use these features much time estimates, repeats for your tasks and projects

Management Consultant in Laos
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

The Name says it all

Kommentare: The name says it all. Omni stands for 'universal' - focus is kind of the opposite. You can't have focus and also center you attention on everything. It is a great tool, don't get me wrong. But I would often get caught up in working that the task manager perfectly reflected my work, rather than just getting on with it. But I have some colleagues who love it and would never want to work with anything else again. If you need the level of granularity that OmniFocus provides, this tool is for you. For me, that was more of a distraction.

OmniFocus gives you massive options in how to manage your tasks. It is certainly well thought out and a tool that lets you get into a lot of detail on your task management game. OmniFocus lets you integrate with other tools through Zapier and share with team members.

OmniFocus provides a great level of detail in managing your tasks. So much so, that it was distracting me from doing the actual work.

Greg W.
Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

When you need it, you need it

Kommentare: As you can see, I really like Omnifocus. It helps keep me on track. When I'm doing GTD well and doing my Weekly Reviews (which Omnifocus supports very well) then I'm staying on track with my life. I'm a big fan.

I've used a lot of iOS and Mac task managers. Omnifocus is the best for me when life gets super busy. I love the automation and the project management templates. It makes it so easy to deal with recurring projects. The different perspectives let me see only what I need to see at any given time. It really is a joy to use once you get the hang of it. I have it on my Apple Watch, iPhone and Mac.

There is a learning curve, but don't let that stop you. Just because a task has a million fields you can you doesn't mean you have to use them. I would say just use the basic for a while and learn the more advanced features as you go. It's pricey but totally worth it.

Eddie L.
CEO in USA
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Overkill to the point of unusable - impractical even for the most organized of us

Kommentare: I abandoned it because there was too much maintenance, tagging, and clicking. Even my friends who recommended OmniFocus abandoned it for the Tasks App in the iPhone after only a few months, and now I use Google Keep instead because it integrates my work to do list with my personal lists well. Now with the proliferation of Amazon Echo (Alexa) you can add things to the Alexa to-do list by voice, so you don't want to have to go and type into OmniFocus when you can just now add tasks by voice

A number of features that allow you to sort tasks and arrange them in a multitude of sophisticated ways, so you can organize tasks in ways not possible through a simple to-do list.

To keep up with the best and most unique features of the platform requires so much work on tagging and organizing that everyone I know who used it just went back to simple to do list apps. After a while you want something quick and easy that you can jot down, and there are so many free solutions out there that are better integrated into your life.

Margurite W.
Legal Assistant in USA
Rechtsberatung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Literally Runs My Life, People

Kommentare: Overall, I would say that Omni is the tool I use the most both professionally and personally. It is truly a catchall where I can store professional and personal tasks and projects, where I forecast them out, and where I can perform easy reviews to see where I am stalling and what I need to be working on. It has been invaluable in my professional growth and is definitely credited with my success.

I love OmniFocus. Seriously. I would be more likely to ask what I DON'T like about it, because I like basically everything. I love the fact that I can set up projects and group them any way I want. I love that I can run simultaneous projects and concurrent tasks, or make it so one task becomes due once I complete a different one. I love that I can sync Omni with my cell phone so reminders show up in my Omni inbox. I love that I can email tasks to my inbox. I love that I can have task reminders pop up based on date, time, deferred time, location. I love that it quite succinctly puts GTD into effect. Trusted system? Check. Catchall? Check.

It's only for Mac, which is a bit of a pain because I'd love to have it available for PC so I could use it across any platform. How nice would that be? I also don't love the iOS app - it's cumbersome and involves too many taps to make it really useful for people looking not to waste time.

Martín C.
Martín C.
DevOps Engineer in Argentinien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The second best task management software

Kommentare: Well, I used OF for good two years (Pro version) and while it served me well, I ultimately found that the way OF implements task management is too focused to micro-management.
When OF3 came out I was torn between going ahead and embrace my fate (!) or move along and look for another option. Eventually, I switched to Things 3 and never ever looked back :)

- Feature-rich app, allows you to control almost every aspect of your tasks - Maybe the best task management software suite for handling complex projects - iOS companion app - Web service allows you to access most critical functions when on the go (or working from a different platform) - If you often have to manage complex tasks projects, OmniFocus is well probably the best choice - They recently added tags! - OmniFocus still prides of sticking to GTD principles

- Only for Mac :( - IMHO not the very best tool for small to medium task projects - Sometimes it seems it is more focused to cater micro-management fans than staying out of the way - Pricey

Petio P.
Petio P.
Software Developer in Kanada
Animation, Selbstständig

The GTD Swiss-Army Knife

Kommentare: I swear by OmniFocus. It is a central part of​ my workflow chain. If you are a believer in GTD, this is the app for you!

This piece of software includes all you would ever need to stick to a strict GTD regiment. It is by far the most complete task manager I have tried out. For tasks, it allows the user to set time-requirement, due date, defer date; and for the projects, nesting, and sequential or arbitrary task execution. It has iCal integration, and reminders for weekly review (with a separate page tailored to that activity). Not to mention the custom Perspectives option that the paid​ version offers to the user, which opens up a world of possibility in controlling the way the data is interacted with.

The learning curve is non-trivial. If you are not going to use this for a serious GTD workflow and/or are not ready to put the time and love in learning it, then this software is not for you. Another gripe I have with the Omni Group is that they are not very open to third-party integrations. OmniFocus exposes an AppleScript API, but the functionality is limited. This means that you won't find many exciting IFTTT or Zappier integrations.

Matthew W.
Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great software for organization and planning goals

Kommentare: Omnifocus has been great for me to stay up to date on all the projects that I am responsible for at our church and has been extremely helpful in allowing me to stay on task every day.

Omnifocus is easy to use and simple to update. You can easily add new projects and new tasks and it is easy to track your progress. Both the desktop and the mobile applications are very user friendly and this software is great for those who want a simple project management software all the way to those who need to have a complex structured system for managing a wide variety of tasks and projects.

The only issue that I have with the Omnifocus software is the cost. The up-front cost is likely prohibitive for many and there are many free apps that have similar features but are not as capable. This is especially true when new versions are released and you must pay again for the software upgrade.

Mark P.
Assistant Residence Director and Business Owner in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

My most frequently used application, Keeps me Sane!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I would feel completely lost without OmniFocus and have attempted to use some other workaround software but it failed miserably, doesn't even come close. I need all my commitments and tasks with me instantly for on-the-go decision making about what I do next, according to what context I'm currently in. This does it seamlessly and the customer service is great. An unreserved recommendation from me.

For those who are familiar with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Getting Things Done methodology, this is a must-have. But you don't have to be familiar with GTD for it to keep you focused. It keeps me on track in my demanding full time job as well as running my side-hustle company. It also keeps me on task with personal commitments. I use it constantly throughout the day to make sure I'm committed to the right projects and doing the right tasks, at the right time, in the right context. For me, this is my #1 application I use in any business or personal category. It was a little pricey for an app, but pays multiple dividends to me every day. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone who needs to get business and personal commitments under control and keep them that way. And to get maximum benefit, read the GTD book from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to understand how it REALLY can benefit you day to day on all kinds of levels. For me, people marvel at how I stay calm and focused in the midst of accomplishing so much, and this is my secret.

I was surprised it cost a little more than other apps and services, but well worth it. I can use it across platforms on all my devices including PC, and stay up to date everywhere at once. But it is more expensive than some lesser products. I think you get what you pay for with this one.

Independent Trader in Kanada
Bau, Selbstständig

Powerful and Versatile Task Management

Kommentare: I use OmniFocus for ever single thing I need to take action on. From personal projects and errands with a clearly-defined end point, to routines that repeat at various intervals, I use OmniFocus to remind myself what I need to do now, what’s coming up in the near future, and what long-range plans and ideas I have percolating in the back burner. Tony Stark has Jarvis. I have OmniFocus.

Omnifocus allows me to structure my tasks and projects virtually any way I want and then filter them so that I only have to see what I want to see, when I want to see it. This cuts down on the confusion and overwhelm and has made me a much more productive human being.

I honestly have no complaints. However, I do have a couple of caveats. 1) There is a learning curve. As with any application that offers so much power and flexibility, OmniFocus is more complex than one might expect at first. 2) You need to have your own task management system. Omnifocus was originally designed as an implementation of David Allen’s Getting Things Done system and it still works beautifully for that. Changes over the past few years (most notably replacing Allen’s “contexts” with “tags”) have opened up ways of breaking out of the strictly GTD framework. But however you choose to organize your life is up to you and OmniFocus will only ALLOW you to do it. TL;DR OmniFocus is an exceptional tool to help you sort yourself out. But you have to do the work.

Main editor in Spanien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Best personal task / GTD manager if you are full into Apple ecosystem

It is not more than a task manager for macOS and iOS, but it’s built in its own mindset. People either love it or don’t understand it. It was originally the first application that was officially GTD® “acknowledged” (not certified because there is not such thing). If you are into GTD, there are some little gems that are difficult to find in other softwares: - Defer date: action is unavailable until then - Review perspective: a view specifically to make the “weekly review” easier, it lets you go through every project to review its associate actions - Review every date: if you are an advanced practitioner, there will be projects that you want to review more often; you can set some projects to be reviewed daily while you can review others weekly - Specific views to detect stalled projects - Powerful configurable views

If you have an Android phone you can have a hard time accessing your info. There is no official Android app (and probably will never be). Since version 3, OmniGroup is building an “emergency” web access to your lists, for those users who have macOS at home but Windows at work, and it works on Android too. It’s not the most usable interface but can save your day.

Daniel P.
Graphic Designer in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

The Task Manager That Will Save Your Life

As a graphic designer working with multiple clients at any given moment, OmniFocus helps me stay organized and focused on the most important things. It is incredibly powerful and customizable, allowing me to adapt it to the way I work instead of the other way around.

Even though I'm very familiar with the software now, there was a little bit of learning curve when I first started. Because it's so customizable and adaptable to your needs, there's no right way of doing things. I wish I would have figured that out sooner!

Justin B.
Australien
Quelle: GetApp

This is how I plan my day!

Omnifocus is a very powerful task manager. It’s packed full of features however the app is designed in such a way that you can use as many or as little of the features as you wish. It is infinitely customisable. It’s easy to create projects, tasks, and folders and to assign them tags, due dates, make them repeat etc. Tags is my favourite feature. Each task can be assigned many tags. Tags could be things like “Mac computer”or a location or an energy level. When you want to look at your tasks you can filter them with these tags. On the iOS apps you can set location based alerts for your tags too. Syncing is automatic and very reliable through Omni Group’s omnisync server.

Tags can only be assigned a location through the iOS versions of the app. I do much of my task management on the Mac and would like to be able to assign locations to tags while I’m on the Mac. I’d also like to see a collaboration feature, eg a shared task list or project whereby tasks can be added and completed by anyone in the group. This is not currently available.

Denise S.
Small Business Marketing Consultant/Owner in UK
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Best task management app I've ever worked with

Other to-do apps simply don't have the width and breadth that OmniFocus offers. I can set up my to-dos and group them into projects and folders, so I can differentiate between client work and work on my own business as well as between the different clients and the different projects I'm working on for them. The possibilities are endless!

It does take a bit to get used to and the user interface is practical but could be more intuitive (there's a new version coming up later in 2018 so that might get better then). I also miss a feature to calculate availability/capacity. There's already a field for the duration of every task, why not go the next step and tell you how much time you've got already allocated that day, week or month.

Nathan V.
Nathan V.
Software Engineer II in USA
Verlagswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Literally my number one favorite application - an absolute lifesaver

Kommentare: I would seriously pay hundreds of dollars for this software. There's an iPhone and Apple Watch companion app for the desktop version, which works seamlessly. Custom perspectives are highly recommended, and for them, I would always purchase the pro edition. If you are serious about personal task management, this is the last software purchase you'll need to make.

Omnifocus has allowed me to fully practice GTD methodologies. Creating projects, actions, and managing them is simple and straightforward. The application offers exactly as much customization as I need.

With no linux support, I'm tied to Mac OSX. Additionally, there aren't any options for collaborative projects and tasks.

Tony P.
Tony P.
Founder in USA
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Most Incredible Productivity Software-Sad you can't use with team

Kommentare: I have used omnifocus for more than 10 years to implement GTD (Getting Things Done) and I would never use another personal productivity tool. Using omnifocus initially changed my life. It's that good. I fly through my reviews and tasks and it never gets in the way.

Weekly review feature lets me set review frequency for each project, and I can mark them reviewed as I do it. The software is easy to use if you follow the GTD system and not too hard even if you don't.

Omnigroup recently added a little more functionality for teams, but really it's still not a team tool. If it were, my professional productivity life would be complete.

Binigya D.
Game Developer in Nepal
Computerspiele, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Apple exclusive Task Management Goodness!

OmniFocus is a really well-built task management tool. It has a slick UI and it offers so much features, useful ones that you will actually use, it makes itself an invaluable tool in your task management arsenal. I especially loved its Forecast feature and it tight integration with macOS and iOS versions that made using it a seamless experience.

I really did not like that it was an Apple exclusive software. Most of my work is done on Windows, so OmniFocus quickly became not much relevant to me when switching to a windows device.

Founder, Solopreneur in Kanada

Feature rich, yet missing some critical things

It was a great clean interface when I used it. Has offline capabilities on the desktop app and on the phone. Built with a robust set of features that allow you to really follow the Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology of context and prioritizing. Like the ability to embed outside calendars in the task views.

I found it a bit much for me to try to fully manage a GTD system and ended up using only more basic features. It also doesn't offer ANY functionality for teams and sharing projects/tasks. Since I need this for one my jobs - it was out, and I like to have consistency between different work projects if I can so I'm not running on multiple software where necessary.

Software Engineer Internship at EnterpreseWorks in USA
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The Best GTD

Kommentare: I love working with OmniFocus and the extendability it has. I used some scripts to help me keep track of my assigned issues on Github. It can auto sync data from other services.

OmniFocus is the best and the most powerful GTD software that I have used. Especially in the OmniFocus 3, the tag (replace the context from OF2) and the great iPhone app can help me tag anything, including places and contacts and so on, and keep track with everything.

The software is very hard to get used of it, not friendly for new users, not enough tutorial included.

Account Manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

An Extremely Granular task manager. Too much for most, but its intended audience adores it

Kommentare: To me, omnifocus over complicates tasks. I would say if your life is regimented down to the minute and you have hundreds or thousands of to-do items, then omni focus might be a fit for you, but then, you probably also have a personal assistant. A task manager is all about personal preference, and I lean toward something simpler.

It has more features than any task manager I've ever seen. You can get amazingly granular with different views, settings, "perspectives," reminders, etc. It has every bell and whistle you can think of.

My experience is that it was a little "too much" for me, but I know certain people love it. I felt like I was spending more time tinkering with my tasks than actually doing them. It's hard for me to get behind all the tweaking, especially when multiple billionaires say that they make their to-do lists on a sheet of paper. I also think it's overpriced.

Patrick J.
VP in Japan
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Omnifocus review

Kommentare: Great productivity tool, easy to use, an affordable way to set up your own productivity pace.

Useable on multiple devices, this is great, can start work on any device and continue edit on others smoothly. Flexible set up with project and tagging. Nice reminder pop up feature.

No feature on PC environment which is a downside for office environment. On Mac/IOS environment it works very well.

Elise W.
Elise W.
Philosophy PhD Student in USA
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Powerful Task/Project Organizer

Kommentare: Amazing!

Omnifocus is an extremely powerful task/project organizer, and has easy shortcuts for adding tasks. I like the new 'tags' feature as well, and the interface is great.

It took me a long time to really understand how powerful Omnifocus is (and I still don't think that I have taken advantage of all of its features, even though some of them may be applicable to me). So perhaps it could be slightly more user-friendly in that respect.

Attorney in USA
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

I Wouldn't Know How To Run My Life Without Omnifocus

Kommentare: I run my business and household on Omnifocus and it is amazing. It allows me to have everything in one place, projects for work and errands for the house. I'm not sure how I got along without Omnifocus before I started using it.

It's a perfectly full-featured task manager. It's the first place I check in the morning since it shows me my calendar and tasks all in one place, so I can see my day at a glance.

Learning to use the tags and projects features took a little time.