Über Git

Verteiltes Quellkontrollsystem, das Softwareentwickler*innen hilft, mehrere Revisionen desselben Projekts zu verfolgen und zu verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über Git

Enables Teams to work in a collaborative manner with opting different branching strategies. Great online support available in day in and day out scenario.

There are some issues when working across different platforms. Unless branching strategy is decided and enforced, it can become a mess when a lot of users are doing changes.

Bewertungen zu Git

Git hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 450 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Git bereits verwendet?

Dylan
Dylan
Software Developer in UK
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The only version control system you ever need to learn

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I've used many version systems over the years and Git by far is the most sane and useful. It's the de-facto VCS for a reason. There will be an initial learning curve, but even if you don't want to use Git directly, there are so many tools and UI's that build on top of it to help guide you through it and automate away some of the tedium.

It's free, it's easy to get started with, and it's powerful. There is a strong ecosystem of tools and platforms built on top of Git, so you can do new and powerful things. And it makes it extremely easy to collaborate with colleagues, even when you're working on the same file.

There is a bit of a learning curve, particularly around some of the more complicated workflows like rebasing or performing 3-way merges, but once you've learned it, you're set for life.

Ernesto Enrique
Ernesto Enrique
Web Operations Manager & Co-Founder in Venezuela
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The solution to team programming

Kommentare: My experience with GIT is better every day since it is a platform that I keep learning to use and the more I learn, the more I like it. I share code with my co-workers and when I work alone, it allows me to have my code updated and clean

Since I met GIT, life has become much easier for me at work. It is the perfect platform for teamwork, even if it is only for yourself because it helps you keep the code updated and ordered. With GIT you can version the work, having several alternatives of the same branch, add comments and keep the code clean. The platform compresses the code and helps you decrease time by uploading large amounts of changes very fast. There are tons of clients to handle GIT visually and many of them are free

The only thing I do not like is the documentation, when I have needed to consult information about some git command, I consult other web pages to clarify my doubts

Computer-Software, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Git out of here

Kommentare: It's easy to get it to do what you want if you know all the switches and the options, you won't get warnings if something fails, you have to switch from web to IDE to CLI so each helps you progress in the task. Good for open source while you're not the one managing the code.

It's very easy to create and initiate a copy of the repository

It's distributed so no backup is done to your work is done till you push it to the repository, no one organization to give you support, doesn't handle empty folders (no warnings is given), no easy move files with history from one repository to another (while keeping history in the source repository), no one view to control your actions - need to move from your IDE to web to CLI, each sub module is presented by SHA number and not tag and version, if you have sub modules and you do git clone URI then you would get empty folder (no warning again) because that's the default. History is stored locally and consumes disk space (instead of at least connecting to the remote server as an option). Other than CLI there's no official supported GUI. There's much more like the need to have gitlfs client.

Lindokuhle
Developer in Südafrika
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

No better version control

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It disappears into the background of my workflows, and comes in clutch in a pinch - it hasn't failed me yet.

GitHub, the GitHub API in particular has been very useful in managing our codebases and automating deployments.

Merge conflicts, I don't know how fixing merge conflicts could be made more painless but if it is possible that would be awesome.

Charles
Chief Technology Officer in USA

Everybody loves Git, including us

Kommentare: We don't know how we would exist without Git. Every organization needs source control and most developers are well-versed with Git without additional training. We continue to build on the experience to offer automated deployments that enforce better code quality across the board.

Git is the gold standard for source control. Its decentralized approach ensures that developers can easily test, break, and fix in local environments. It takes a merge-first attitude to ensure that all changes are understood and incorporated as new releases occur from multiple developers, increasing visibility to changes and overall code quality.

For those not well-versed with the command line, the GUI client versions don't serve the community well. They are often confusing and give less granular control than the command line.

Steven
Steven
Software Engineer in UK
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

An essential skill for all developers and software engineers

Kommentare: I've used Git for almost 10 years. Starting with new projects i've also been involved in migrating legacy repos from SVN. It remains an essential skill to master.

Mastery of Git is now a prerequisite for any software role. Interfacing with Git can either be through command line or a dedicated desktop client. Options to migrate a repository from SVN and maintain commit history provides an easy adoption mechanism for legacy codebases.

Tackling conflicts can be challenging on the command line. Option to easily diff changes whilst ignoring generated files would be useful.

JOnas
Freelancer in Schweden
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Great tool for version control of your source code and text documents

Kommentare: With git I have control over the source code I manage and am never afraid of trying out new ideas with branching.

I love git because it is so widespread and makes version control of my source code easy to manage. I use it with the gitflow method, which makes it easy for me to handle development, production and hotfixes environments.

It's a steep curve to learn, but well worth it.

Salvatore
Salvatore
Software Engineer in Italien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Is the Best VCS

Kommentare: My experience is the better experience with an SCM product.

I use GIT from 2016 and when i discovery this VCS i love it. I think that is the better VCS in the world, because have following feature: simply, fast, customizable, free.

Nothing. Because actually i don't found a real problem with git, is the better than SVN, CVS, ClearCase that i used.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

The best source control software for beginners

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: When I started developing different software and apps, I didn't want to use Git because I didn't know how to use it. But once I started reading the docs and watching some tutorials, I started to comprehend how to use it and I realized that it's pretty easy to use, you just have to learn the commands.

You can integrate Git with Visual Studio Code (this way you can run Git commands on the Visual Studio Code terminal, you don't need to open a new Git terminal), you can easily manage your projects and versions.

At the beginning the commands might be confusing, and the fact that there are several commands and subcommands, the documentation guide might be confusing as well.

Lateef Olalekan
Student in Frankreich
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Git for project management

Kommentare: I love using Git because it helps me hit my project update easilly.

The ability and easy to use directly on local computer to update and manage my project on github.

I think I love every aspect of Git. Although there are commands that are needed to be known off heart and this is the main challenge I have with git, however they can be easilly find on internet.

Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very powerful version control system open to your own work style

Git is a decentralized version control system. Decentralized means that the system does not force any node to be a ‘server’, ‘main’ or ‘master’ node, and that every node has a full copy of all the information. This feature makes Git a very powerful tool, as it lets you build the workflow that is best for you (wether its a simple server/client model or a more complex workflow with a server, developers and a code reviewer/integrator). It also means that if there is a failure in a node (eg the repository is deleted), any other node (or copy of the node) will do as a server with no change. It is open source and free, and it is used in very large projects (it was created originally to manage the Linux kernel code). It means good community support and that it has been tested in critical production environments.

Git is a command line tool. It has not any visual feedback (more than white text over black background) and all the commands must be typed. It is powerful but it also means that it has a lot of commands to remember and some learning curve. But probably the first thing you will do after installing Git will be to install a graphical tool that can ease its use. If you are setting up a ‘central’ node, you have the same scenario: set it up manually by yourself or find some service already compatible with Git (github.com, AWS CodeCommit, Atlassian Sourcetree…). Also, there is no a ‘right’ way to use git. You will have to find the right workflow for your project or team. Play with it, try some workflows (google ‘git-flow’ for starters), choose the one that is best for you, and make sure that everybody in your team understands the chosen workflow.

Mahesh
Lead Analyst in USA
Einzelhandel, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Tool to handle Version controlling, parallel development and merge and recovery of code changes

Kommentare: Git is a must use tool for a productive and high quality software development, I had a really great experience using GIT

The Git is a very useful and must be used tool for developing software, Some of its important features are, Version controlling - any changes that you commit to your repository will be maintained, you have the flexibility to switch between the changes , all the historic changes are maintained Branching - You can create a branch out of a parent branch and make your development in the new branch and merge it back to the parent branch this help's in parallel development , not spoiling the parent branch, code review can be connected before merging, Diff checking, we can check the difference between commits and branch to identify the changes and to understand the changes, Gives confidence to the developer, since all the changes are accessible, even if we mess-up the code there is a fallback available, Git can be used for CI/CD pipelines and deployment automation using tools such as Jenkins, it has a amazing command-line interface and good community support

There are no possible issues with GIT, The only use case that is little difficult is, the Merge conflicts, Git dose a very good job of showing us the conflicts, but some times it is little mixed up , so could put a little bit work in mitigating it Git has a amazing CLI but would like to have some SDK and Console interfaces too, the point is the complex operation that could be done with CLI cant be achieved by any other interfaces

Mainstay of modern development

Kommentare: With git aliases I have streamlined most of my day to day git operations into a few oft used and powerful commands.

Git is an essential tool in just about every software developer's toolbelt these days. Although difficult to master, it's power is in fact in it's complexity. It can handle just about any eventuality to might face with a complicated source control system. There is a reason all other version control systems have perished to it.

It is quite easy for people to get in a tangle with Git. Just when you think you know what you are doing, you make a giant mess of things. Fortunately there's always a way back.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best version controlling system out there

Kommentare: I learn Git the day I started programming and I haven't looked back since. There were other VCS in the past but Git has become the unspoken industry standard for VCS now, as it should be. I highly encourage everyone in the IT industry to learn and use it

Git in itself is absolutely impressive. The algorithm behind it to track every line change and branching and everything involve is probably the best thing that ever happened to the software engineering industry. It has a huge community so you can always find tons of tutorials and answers to what you are looking for. Considering version controlling, the basic git commands is more than enough for an average user but it offers so much more.

This wasn't something that I disliked specifically, but this is something that I have noticed in general. Git can be hard for most to pick up and get used to, but it is a crucial thing to learn it. The basic commands aren't really hard to get a hang of and once you do its easy and there's so many tutorials to learn from.

FADI
Software Senior Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Our primary version control system

I've been using Git professionally for the last 5 years now. I must say it's far better than any other version control system I've used. That primarily includes SVN and CVS. Git is intuitive for the most part which is definitely a plus. Hooks are definitely I can't live without now. I use pre-commits to validate commit message strings and make sure a valid tag is attached. For instance, I can easily prevent someone from committing code with a tag that belongs to a closed JIRA issue. I use pre-push to build and run local commits befre pushing. I'm even able to create my own Git subcommands (e.g. `git make` to build the code locally, and `git verify` to run a test pack).

The official documentation (i.e. man git) is a little hard to navigate through. I always find unofficial resources (reference books, Stackoverflow, etc) more convenient when I'm stuck at something.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Best code organization and collaboration tool out there.

Kommentare: Been sticking to this version control tool since quite some time and has been simply good for all needs, ideal for teams that are small or big, or maybe even for an indivisual, ensuring your time and usage of it is worth it all.

Git does a lot with just a few commands, really changed the way we organize code with its different versions too, from anything that needs modification or to going back to the previous version, rely on Git. None of the other members in the team can get in the way as it enables simultaneous contributions. Keeps a history log of all the changes made always good to refer. Multiple branches can be combined to a single branch too, offering a great branch management feature.

Not much configurations to do customly as it is put up on the host level. Some may not find it easy due to commands again relying on external applications for that reason. Sometimes when getting code from other repos, there can arise some conflicts (merging conflicts) which is an issue that is monotonous and tiresome.

Marcin
Developer in Polen

Git - collaborate to grow

Kommentare: Without git I would be lost. It tracks my changes and different versions of projects. It let's me colaborate with others on our projects and assignments.
Learning git is hard, but it's definitely worth it!

It let's me manage my code and repos. Git stash is very useful when I want to check some stuff on other branch. Amending commits is another greate adventage since numerous times it helped me commit additional files that I forgot to stage in the commit when doing git add. Git docks are helpful, especially when you have in mind that this software is very complicated

It's complicated and hard to understand. There is a lot of tutorials however sometimes it might not be enough especially with more advanced commands and features. For a long time difference between git merge and git rebase was unknown to me

Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

The best source control software

The software makes collaborating in a team effortless. It seems to be the final say in the source control space, as there are no visible limitations.

It has so many options that nobody really knows the entire tool well. Often instead of fixing a problem you'll remove the repo and clone it anew to try again from scratch.

Geoffrey
Geoffrey
Infrastructure/Operations in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One version control to rule them all

Kommentare: Before git the code was often managed by a central gatekeeper and was reviewed and modified much less. Git allows you to break and test code without worrying that you will lose progress. It is essential to modern development!

Its distributed, so there is no single point of failure. Logically, the branching model makes sense. It allows for very flexible collaboration with others. There is a record of changes, making it easy to lay blame when something is broken. New users can learn around 6 commands and immediately be productive.

Out of the box there is no security. There is also no obvious wasy to secure certain branches (like master) from other teammates. You either have access to the origin repository or you don't. If a disk is full when push to remotes it will leave those remotes in a broken state.

Ranjith
Ranjith
Software Architect in Indien

Git - A must for coders

Kommentare: Git is used by almost all the organisations for code versioning. As most of the project management tools out there support integration with git, code management becomes seamless.

- Best versioning tool out there - Best when multiple people are working on the same project and files - Lot of 3rd party tools available for resolving merge issues, viewing commit diffs etc. - Its very fast to use one you are adept at it, everything can be done command line and no need to use the interface at all

- Resolving merge issues can be a pain, most of the time where there are same lines of code involved auto merge never works. - When two resources are working on different IDE for development, unless the coding styles are synchronized it creates unnecessary check-in's of formatting

Benjamin
Software Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Git does what we need, and saves our butts while at it

Kommentare: We use this every day for pretty much anything. It's amazing.

Git is the best thing for software development. And its way easier to use than Subversion. I love it.

Command line usage is a little harder to use, but once you get the hang of it, its not bad. Overall a quality product.

Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Save the evolution of your code and collaborate easily.

Kommentare: I use GIT technology on a daily basis many times a day. It is essential for my job as a programmer. Thanks to GIT I have been able to improve the testing systems and thus avoid errors when uploading new changes to the production environment.

The GIT technology helps to work in teams in an organized way separating all the new features of an application. With a basic use you will always have a history of all the cabios and the possibility of returning to previous versions. With a more advanced use you can use the branch system to have the new functionalities separated without fear of overwriting the work of another partner. In addition, you can create tags to have separate versions of your application.

The learning curve for advanced use is complicated.

Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Git - Best tool for code versioning.

Kommentare: I am using Git in all my software projects, and by default code versioning tool and it's a standard in the software industry.

* It's light-weight. * It's not centralized. If you use another option where the source is centralized, you have a higher risk of losing your code if the central server is lost. * It's easy to pull changes for team members and analyze what they are doing. * The command line interface it's great, it has everything you need. * The way it stores difference is great and saves a lot of space. * Other third party software have integrations with Git.

At the begging is difficult to understand the concepts and to use the command line interface, but once you get used to it, your productivity increases.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Team working easier

Kommentare: Positive experience and highly recommend to all.In big project or small you can use git for project purpose or poc and it is helpful if any other person want to work or see your code,only they need to clone it.

I am using Git from past 3 years and it is very helpful.I like the most the code pushing by merging all the code which we have done and which others have done without any conflicts.We can also go back and see the previous changes,see the logs and commits who have pushed and track everything easily .So to work in a project with big team without any conflicts is an advantage.

There are no cons as i am still using it and find it helpful.Without giving second thought you can use Git.

Jessica Jhoanna
Jessica Jhoanna
CIO in Kolumbien
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

A perfect version manager for collaborative work

Kommentare: It is the ideal tool to work on a repository as a group without losing order and always having efficient and functional backup.

It is a completely free open source tool, very light and very fast, features that make it very powerful. It allows you to work with repositories remotely and update by leaving important restore points so that projects don't become unusable due to unexpected errors. Perfect for orderly work on large projects

Its really complicated to understand its documentation. It is very difficult and frustrating to go deep into its implementation. Large binaries present problems for it, but it can be fixed by adding Git LFS.