Why I love iTunes U

Bewertet am 4.6.2019
Alev A.
Hospitality
Musik, Selbstständig

Kommentare: my overall experience with iTunes has been excellent I have the iMac I have the iPad I had to iPhone I have the Apple TV and all of them are sync together with my iTunes library and iTunes you is always the best to have compared to YouTube music I think iTunes you have better had better qualities and can improve everyday and you can't go wrong with iTunes U.

Vorteile: it is very sufficient and easy to learn it also organizes your songs alphabetically as well as John Ray and it will also come up with music just like the ones you have in your library without even searching and without even thinking about it it always has options to download the same kind of music into the same folder or you can create different folders and it also gives you lots of discounts on downloading new music new books of all sorts once you become an active iTunes user I think iTunes used for almost 10 years and I think it's the only app I will ever used because I have over thousands and thousands of songs and I get a lot of free songs for free just for being part of iTunes and also when you're out and not on the computer it will notify you new music new songs and if they're free or half off or how you can get them for free and share them with your friends it has no glitches and does not charge you overcharge you when you don't know and it's not a problem as far as other apps have begun to produce.

Nachteile: Delete that I like about it is that if you don't have an iPhone at the moment and you have an Android or some other phone it does not sync well and it does not allow you to do a door delete unless you have an iTunes or Apple product connected to your iTunes account but that is all

There's better options

Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Brian P.
Mathematics Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used iTunes U for 6 years with my middle school class. Overall it got the basic job done, but nothing else. The only reason I started using iTunes U and not Google Classroom was that Google Classroom was not released yet. If you have the option of these two, I would not recommend iTunes U. Students can also be sneaky with iTunesU. I have seen them create their own class so they can chat with each other threw the app. Also if you enable chat within your class, there is no filter. Yes it say who typed what, but with middle schoolers, they don't think about that.

Vorteile: -There's not a lot of options which makes it user friendly for the student
-Upload documents anywhere you have internet and a computer
-Notifications for students of new posts
-You have a choice of Auto-enroll or approve each student that enrolls
-Students can directly message the teacher about the assignment. However, iTunesU will just tell you that you have a message and you have to search every student from the assignments to find the blue dot next to their name.

Nachteile: -Attached documents in posts are viewable to students even if its a draft and not officially posted.
-The website for the teacher is hard to find and even google for. Once you have the website, bookmark it and email yourself the link.
-You cannot view the uploaded document on the teacher side. You can only view it on the student side.
-You must have an Apple ID to use. Makes it tricky to use in a Middle or Elementary School because you must be 13 years or older to have an Apple ID.
-Customer service is quick to respond, but they rarely are able to help you. Most of the responses are "that's just the way iTunesU works.
-Students can only use iTunesU from an iPhone or iPad.

Itunes U is one of it’s kind- a great platform for educators and students

Bewertet am 26.9.2018
Waleed A.
Doctor
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: a great digital platform for students and teachers/academies or even universities that is need of more courses from the educators.

Vorteile: iTunes U is a wonderful solution both for teachers and students. It makes everything connected, like posting assignments, sharing links to an article on the net, sharing PDF files or other documents, etc. By allowing to create an outline of the course it organizes everything so well. And everything just works. It also is great for Students in that you can simply search for courses and will find many courses free of cost. Surprisingly, the available coruses are much more than one would expect. For example, search for psychiatry or psychology and you will never run out of available courses. Best of all, these publically available courses are totally FREE of cost. Itunes U can also be accessed on PC with the iTunes app itself. the stuff can be downloaded to your device for offline use, except when it is a website. finally, it is ad-free, something of utmost importance for educational stuff, unlike youtube which will show you ads on educational stuff too.

Nachteile: Not available on android (atleast i don’t know of)
dedicated app only on iOS ( needs itunes software itself on other platforms like windows or mac os )
don’t expect certificates for the courses
sometimes the courses are too short and resources in these areas underwhelming
need internet when some stuff has to be streamed from the internetor is a link to a webpage.

Organize and Play ALL Your Music with Ease!

Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Douglas C.
Retired
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As already stated, I use Itunes to organize and playback all the music in my library. I no longer carry an iPod and simply use the iTunes program to organize my music and create playlists. Those playlists can then be exported for play on my Android cell phone for playback through the car or a headset or Bluetooth speaker. I do also use the iTunes program on a Smart TV to playback music through the home theater system while pictures play on the screen.

Vorteile: The ability to organize, manipulate and play all your music makes this a great choice and the ability to create individual playlists tailored to the mood or setting for playback knock this one out of the park.

Nachteile: My only issue is the ability to locate individual songs within a created playlist. It seems to me that they are listed in the order in which they were added to the playlist with no means of querying their location alphabetically or by Author or any other means. I find myself giving up when I have to manually, line by line, search the entire list to remove a song I no longer want in that playlist. I'm surprised the playlists do not have header columns to list all included songs by the criteria of each header as the master list of songs does. Otherwise, I have not invested too much time to find a solution, but please let me know if anyone knows a means by which to do this that I have not discovered ... and if so, I really do hope it's not something simple.

Could have been better

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Data Scientist
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It is a good way for one to learn on a limited budget and expand horizons. I have managed to pick up a couple of skills from iTunes U as it was free and I was able to do it at my own pace.

Vorteile: I love how the interface is so neat and that there is a great selection of courses available. It is like one of those MOOCs like Coursera or EdX but less complicated. It is easy to find the course you want though one can be quite overwhelmed by choice. I also loved how each category allows you to use an app in tandem with the course material. For example, the Computer Science category has apps such as Code Master, POP, Testflight, etc. to use with the course material. I even found a dedicated section for Lego which is quite educational. Also loved that there are a lot of big name institutions who have taken part in providing their catalogue. It's easy to learn as the courses are available in a podcast format so you can learn on the move and not have to fixate on a screen.

Nachteile: It still lacks features which are found in other MOOCs, such as the ability to get a certificate. Sometimes if you have any issues, there is no video to help you troubleshoot. Have faced a few errors when trying to go through the course material. The other part which sucks is that it is only for the iOS platform and that it's not the best on an iPhone. Easier to manage to learn on an iPad only.

I Tunes is Amazing

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Leslie D.
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My daughter and I share this app ad love it! We have our own playlists and can share also. The price is reasonable for what we use it for. I have had no troubles with this app ever and it is the best streaming music app I have used.

Vorteile: I enjoy the huge selection of music that this app has. I also like that I can share it with my family. It is well worth the price. It is easy to stream and is rarely interrupted. Even while traveling and using the app bluetoothed to my car it streams perfectly! I can also download and create all kinds of personalized playlists. It is one of the best streaming music apps out there.

Nachteile: Honestly, there really is nothing I can complain about with this software/app. I have had no problems at all. Sometimes my daughter will use it and kick me off but that is because we do not have multiple user platform that costs more. We pay the basic and still share.

Instructors! Tutors! Behold!

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Jannatin N.
Full Time Student
Chemikalien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, iTunes U was one of the best applications used this far to manage a class or a handful of students I worked with to tutor. I feel like I was able to get more out of my iPad since getting this app!

Vorteile: itunes U is one of apples finest creations that combines the uses of an apple product and turning it into an educational platform. With Itunes U, as instructors, you are able to host a classroom right in your palms. As an iPad user and a student at university, I also work with students as a teaching assistant and am able to grade course work and stay connected with students right from the device! Incredible! You can also work with students and upload materials they need such as assignments, pdfs, readings and more!

Nachteile: Hm, there really isn’t much to dislike about this software. However, it is probably that because this is an apple interface I assume it only works with apple products. So if someone has an android device they might be out of the loop of what we are doing. However, this is an assumption because majority of the times students are provided these devices and then we work together from these devices that were lend out.

Easy access to hundreds of free, high-quality courses

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Peter B.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: iTunes U utilizes the well-established platform of their podcast interface to deliver free, high-quality courses from some of the world's best institutions. I've personally taken a cultural anthropology course through Arizona State University and a philosophy class from Oxford just for personal edification, but I've also taken education-specific courses from several institutions as a method of professional development. As such, companies can easily utilize iTunes U to provide general professional development in numerous career fields. It's very difficult to find negatives to this free platform. My only caveat is that the professional development will be general in nature rather than specific to a particular company's goals or initiatives.

Vorteile: iTunes U delivers courses as podcasts, essentially. Everyone knows how to listen to podcasts, so the delivery method is simple. There are hundreds of free courses. Many of the courses are from prestigious institutions with credible professors. The course catalog is extensive.

Nachteile: While iTunes U offers numerous courses, it's unlikely a business would be able to find courses for training specific to that company; instead, the platform is probably best utilized as a way of providing more generalized training, i.e., business classes or computer classes. Anything specific to a company itself would best be delivered through another, possibly proprietary method.

itunes for you

Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Silvia S.
Managing Director
Bekleidung & Mode, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use iTunes now for 8 years, in the beginning, it was great over time you realize the iTunes software has too many updates with not much improvement.
I love iTunes and can recommend it. iTunes is for people who like consistency and routine.

Vorteile: i tunes comes with every iPhone and when you are used to it, you don't want to change anymore. It is easy to install and it is great for music and videos. It works in any country. You have a large choice on music, podcast, videos and movies.

Nachteile: iTunes takes up a lot of space in your memory bank and buying storage because over time expensive.
iTunes is linked with iTunes cloud but that storage also cost a bit each month. If you have to download that iTunes software on your computer make sure you do have a big memory capacity as 4 GB are gone quickly.

iTunes U Rocks!

Bewertet am 16.2.2019
Jeremy K.
Business Analyst
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have never had a problem with iTunes U and once you get past that initial learning curve you are set to go!

Vorteile: To state, I am a apple guy through and through, but from the most non-bias sector of apples products comes the iTunes U. It comes with the apple products as is amazing from every aspect. I have been using it, along with iTunes and keeping my music collection tidy for so many years. This is a must for apple music lovers and a program that is so easy to use. It doesn't take long at all to set up and the functionality of it is a breeze. I highly recommend iTunes U and if you are an apple fan, you now have another reason why to the love the brand even more!

Nachteile: I really like the software, but at first it can be a little frustrating to get set up. Besides that though, once you first use it, it is a breeze!

Easy to use, great tool!

Bewertet am 14.6.2019
Planificador de producción
Logistik & Lieferkette, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent.

Vorteile: - You can share your music if you have it in your PC just synchronizing with the itunes library but you can also buy it in their store.
- If we want to renew our music on all the apple devices that we have, we just have to connect it and automatically update it.
- We can automatically and manually manage our music on the connected device if we want to.
- It has a very friendly and easy to use interface.
- It is possible to connect it with dj programs.
- You have an entire store to buy every song that you want without limits.

Nachteile: - If you delete an archive automatically disappears from the library.
- If you have your device with automatic update it is possible that what is altered in the program is also altered in the device.
- The Microsoft PC version is more limited

Classroom management for the 21st Century

Bewertet am 23.4.2019
John H.
Coach
Sport, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Business problem solved? Being able to teach, grade, and report on an entire class - while also being able to review all grades easily over the longer term.

Vorteile: In the digital age, with the always-on, connected, immersive expectations of today's students, this is the absolute definitive classroom management tool. Specifically, being able to plan, deliver, grade, and then amend the plan for a future class based on the previous class, is a total game changer. Gone are hours spent photocopying articles, creating slides, sending them across to a different system, engaging with the pupils via whiteboard (with your back turned!), and then having a stack of books to trawl though. It's now all here in one package. Most of all, this is the most intuitive Apple product I've used. I've always wanted to review iTunes for its terrible interface but iTunes U (despite sharing the name) suffers from none of that. This is excellent.

Nachteile: Of course, being such a comprehensive package does mean that it takes time to become familiar with. However, this is to be expected. While not the case for me, it is also the case for less-tech-appreciative teachers that they simply don't get to grips with it at all - this leads to discrepancies between classes where some are taught in a modern manner but others are taught in the 19th century. This is an issue for the school, however, and not a reflection of this product. Being Apple, the software appears to be proprietary and does not run on other devices / operating systems. Again, this is to be expected but it does result in a significant financial outlay for the school - that said, if you want something to work seamlessly between all of its devices, then you choose Apple. No teacher wants to be messing about with devices because they've decided not to sync for a completely unknown reason.

What iTunes has done for me

Bewertet am 23.5.2019
Steven L.
Student
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, iTunes U has 100 percent made my life so much easier. Balancing between teaching school and attending school can be difficult at times. However, iTunes U has definitely allowed me to organize and learn in very efficient ways without becoming overwhelmed with new information.

Vorteile: I use it with my elementary students. Easy way for me to get content to their devices. Also allows for them to move seamlessly from iTunes U to apps, websites or discussions. I'm still doing face to face instruction but this gives them new and different ways to create. I'm also a part time student at my local community college. Most of our classes use iTunes U and our recorded lectures are derived through iTunes U which makes it very easy to access. If you are worried about having to learn a bunch of information just to use this app, you have nothing to worry about! This app is super easy to use. And if you do happen to hit a stump when using this app, there are tons of users sharing tips on reddit.

Nachteile: Personally, although you can find a lot of support on this software in places like reddit, it seemed hard for me to get good customer support from the makers themselves (Apple) regarding any bugs or hiccups I may have stumbled upon while using this app. Other than this, I couldn't find any other dislikes.

ITunes U=BEST

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Ashley W.
IT Technician

Kommentare: I'll never use anything else to store my music. After all I thought that all of that music that brought back countless memories was forever lost and with this software it made the impossible, possible. Thanks Apple.

Vorteile: This software is very reliable. Through this software I was able to recover music and playlists from High School that I thought were lost forever. I know that may sound kind of silly but that sort of thing is important to someone like me who genuinely loves music. I got to listen to songs I had honstelg forgotten even existed.
This software is amazing.

Nachteile: It was a pain in the butt to get back into the account after obviously forgetting a 7 year old password but with some patients I was able to get in. Definitely worth the time and effort. The security being that strong is a good thing.

iTunes U - great, but with limitations

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Valeria H.
Music listener
Musik, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I mainly used the software for music and videos for my Ipod. The software is great for listening to music and watching videos, my favorite part is it tells you how many times you listened to a song and it automatically creates a playlist of your most played songs. You can also create other playlists based on genre or artists. You can sort songs by different categories too like artist name, genre, album, etc.

Nachteile: The only downside to Itunes is that you can't very easily just add a song to your Ipod on any computer, because it will synchronize the whole Itunes library on that computer and will erase other songs if they don't exactly match with that library. So, you always have to add songs on one particular computer, which can be inconvenient sometimes.

iTunes- The Digital World of Music

Bewertet am 22.3.2019
Team Leader
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If you perfer to listen to the songs YOU like without having ads or unfamiliar songs play, this application is for you! The only downside being the downloading of ITunes, and of course the purchasing of the music. In my personal opinion, it doesn’t outwiegh the instant listening of your personalized music choices!

Vorteile: The variety of music is insane. The software contains everything from Mozart to today’a hottest music. All songs are fairly cheap and the albums create incentive for a cheaper purchase of multiple songs.

Nachteile: Downloading music can sometimes be a troubling task, whether the issue be not having enough space or not having the correct software to download it. The computer version of this software is also a bit frustrating, forcing you to download the application in order to listen, download and even purchase the music.

ITUNES u REVIEW

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Tyneil J.
BUYER
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: LIKE IT A LOT USE IT WHILE I WORK OUT AND WHILE I AM AT WORK :)

Vorteile: I LOVE THE FACT THAT I HAVE ALL MY MUSIC ON MY IPHONE AND THAT IT SUGGESTS MUSIC THAT I WOULD LIKE BASED ON MY MUSIC CHOICES

Nachteile: NOT REALLY THE APP BUT THE ADVERTISEMENTS ITS OVERWHELMING SOMETIMES AND INTERRUPTS WHEN I AM ON THE TREADMILL

Lessons Abroad Made Easy

Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Grafton M.
Inventory Analyst
Marketing & Werbung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Just as easy as listening to a song or really listening to a book. For those who are not able to attend a class or even pay for school, like myself when I was studying abroad, these online lectures can be found on iTunes U, that is if your professor or school offers this or you can tune in to the free already created lessons here. One of my professors was uploading his lectures here and we were able to listen to them after (or if you never were able to attend the class). I used this back in 2008-2012 so it may have changed around a little bit but same premise is still there. For free you can login and see what is available from already recorded lessons & content

Nachteile: I feel like from 2012 until I recently checked, they haven't fully grown into what they wanted to be - a one stop shop for endless education. Funding and other projects probably got in the way of this objective run by Apple. I would like to see them invest more and get more content going, but it is hard because some other competitors out there in this market now. (Khan Academy etc)

The standard music solution for Apple ecosystem

Bewertet am 7.9.2019
Abhijeet S.
Assistant Professor
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The overall experience is great. Sound is always clear and is manageable. If you already own the music, this is what you should be using.

Vorteile: The interface is clean and doesn't spoil the mood. Connecting and synchronizing with other devices and phones is a smooth and seamless experience. Also syncs on Wifi. The best part is that the music is always there no matter what device you use. Just open iTunes and you will find something to listen.

Nachteile: The subscription to Apple music is quite expensive. Indigenous music is not available on the music store.

Enjoy Music with iTunes

Bewertet am 20.7.2019
Sales Officer

Kommentare: With my iPhone, i find iTunes very important as am able to back up my files and so i dont have to fear losing them.I am able to retrieve my files any time.
iTunes helps me to organize, collect and store my music collection,i can purchase music, create a play list all because of iTunes

Vorteile: iTunes has a rich library off all types of music videos and audios you may want.
Its secure and thus payments for music purchase made via iTunes are also very secure
iTunes helps to backup files on my phone which can be restored anytime
Music is sorted into different categories and the search tool brings the correct results
iTunes has a very attractive interface

Nachteile: Auto backup of phone files to iTunes consumes a lot of data which is costly.
The interface of iTunes is not user friendly for first time users. Otherwise its a wonderful software and i like it

Itunes

Bewertet am 8.9.2019
Chris D.
Event planning
Versorgungsunternehmen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have watched many movies and listened to many types of songs on itunes and my overall experience has been awesome really love it!!

Vorteile: The different things that you can do with like organize all of your purchased music into different categories of your choosing. I like how you can watch and purchase movies on it without havibg to go to the store and buy a movie yourself. I also like how you can use it on diffetent devices when you are traveling to places it makes it easier to do things with it too.

Nachteile: Well I pretty much love everything about itunes so I really cannot thonk of anything I dislike about it. Maybe just keep improving things on it though!

User friendly

Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Stephanie M.
Medical Assistant
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am not solving any business solutions with this product. I use this for personal use for my iPod and iPhone.

Vorteile: I've been using Itunes since the early iPod generation days. As my music collection grew the larger the iPod I would need for accompanying the amount of size I need for the music collection. The iTunes software online to manage the iPod is very simple to use and shows when you need to update an iPod or iPhone or when you are syncing your information.

Nachteile: Its easier to manage when you have a working computer to be able to get online to work it. If you don't have a computer, it is a lot harder.

iTunes u.. feels like for me..

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
software engineer

Kommentare: overall this is an amazing and a must have software. if you are a music lover and a believer that music has no boundary I highly suggest you to have this in your ipod or imac. you can listen to variety of music without any interference. and also this will help you in academics specially if you are a student

Vorteile: I recently turned to have obsession with apple products. especially with iTunes u which made me to understandand and organize my imac and ipod tidy. itunes not only helps me with my playlist but also it helps in my profession. apart from being a software engineer I do lectures in a local university. I felt I tunes is a best possible way to share and post articles and assignments. since most of my students use apple products this made my job very interesting and easy. itunes u is easy to install and can be operated anywhere.

Nachteile: this is a perfect platform its very hard to find errors in it . this is not a con but itunes engulfs a large space from your mobile storage.

iTunes U

Bewertet am 28.7.2019
Snezana R.
java programmer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am fascinated by this software, I am very pleased with its speed

Vorteile: simplicity, speed, quality,all in one....

Nachteile: Everything is fantastic, I have no objections to the software

Good tool depending on your need

Bewertet am 13.9.2018
Shane P.
Instructional Technology Facilitator
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've used to learn personally about all sorts of topics and explore building courses.

Vorteile: There are a lot of great reasons to explore iTunes U. Here's what I see:
- Tons of free resources provided by universities, schools, and museums
- The ability to learn about all sorts of topics and content
- It's free!
- It's easy to navigate and explore courses
- Some of the courses even come with advanced features, assignments, or material
- Works across all of Apple's products
- It's a great resource for offering professional development to teachers or giving students the opportunity to "catch up" if they miss materials

Nachteile: Although I like what I see, here are concerns:
- Although there is a ton of free stuff; honestly, a lot of it is not that great. It doesn't really provide the depth that the topic(s) suggests. You cannot expect to take a class on iTunes U and cover the same material you would in an actual class
- It works on Androids, but I wouldn't say it works smoothly
- Due to how much there is on iTunes U, it can be difficult to weed through and actually find quality courses
- Some content areas are greatly underrepresented - you may find a lot on one topic, and virtually nothing on another topic. Diversity would be great!
- Assessments and gradebooks are limited if you really want to incorporate this in a class somehow