Über botkeeper

Botkeeper verwendet maschinelles Lernen und KI, um Buchhaltung zu einem günstigen Preis zu bieten.

Erfahre mehr über botkeeper

They make paying bills and tracking expenses extremely easy and user friendly.

Hard to navigate the software, there are too many components to discern.

Bewertungen zu botkeeper

botkeeper hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 60 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du botkeeper bereits verwendet?

Chairman and Chief Technology Officer in USA

Using Botkeeper from its Early Days at Kinnami Software, a Seed-Stage Startup

Kommentare: Botkeeper absolves Kinnami from the drudgery and hassle of book keeping. Basically, all I have to do is ensure the receipts are there, and then all book keeping is handled. This makes filing the annual tax returns less painful as Botkeeper already has all the information the accounting firm needs to create the tax return.
At Kinnam, we do not have nor want large teams of people to handle administration. Outsourcing book keeping to Botkeeper is a great way to solve part of that problem.

The best thing about Botkeeper's software is that it is invisible in the sense that it doesn't dictate how you should use it to collect information that it needs, and so it's very easy to fit into your workflow. Historically, Botkeeper had its own Dropbox-style integration, and now it is switching to Google Drive. This means that providing receipts and other information is as simple as putting the digital scan of a receipt into the Google Drive folder. Or if you prefer, you can upload files by hand using the portal. Secondly, their portal provides nice views that show the state of your company's finances.

Botkeeper is a young company, and so growing pains are painful. The system has undergone several major changes during the 2 years that I've been using it, and those transitions were not completely smooth. However, to date, all problems were successfully resolved and the team really worked to address them, and those problems were rare.

Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Botkeeper

Kommentare: Right now I'm only testing the Botkeeper team on my most important client. They have consistently performed (or outperformed) whenever I had feedback for them. This bodes well for the future when I expect to add at least 5-10 more clients in the future!

I just hung out the shingle on my new CPA firm, and I want to use a strategic partner like Botkeeper to help me scale. So I love that I can white label the platform while having a dedicated team of accountants assigned to my clients.

I feel like their portal still has room for improvement even after their recent upgrade. One of the worst problems was the difficulty editing the dashboards for your own needs. That was one of the improvements on this last rollout.

CEO in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Mediocre platform; mediocre product; mediocre results

It's ok-ish if you don't know anything about bookkeeping and you're on a super super tight budget

Response times were slow Struggled to get anyone to answer basic questions about my SLA, bill, contract, etc. Regular errors on the GL

Sheryl
Sheryl
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Saved me money

Kommentare: I love the management reports and up to date books the most. Also, they respond quickly with anything I need, they are capable with even the most complicated unrecognized revenue reporting, fast, responsive, and nice in their communications. My business is a corporation, and botkeeper has saved us a lot of money.

I liked their flexibility in working with my Quick Books online - my super complicated - incorporation with employees - setup! I saved over $2000 per month in accounting costs by switching to botkeeper. I'm hoping they don't raise their prices. They are super fast, and able to handle my business accounting which has "unrecognized revenue" calculations to do each month, and everything is in GAAP format "ACCRUAL" based because I was setup to take on investors and sell common stock from an equity crowdfunding fundraise. I would say I love their MANAGEMENT REPORTS! I love being able to look and see everything in one report and I also love that my books are reconciled and up to date nearly daily - so every time I look it is valid data - SO HELPFUL! Also - they take the time to teach me how to do things on my own if I am confused about anything. My old super expensive accountants never did that and they were super slow and it was always a point of pain for me. Botkeeper does everything I don't want to do - and they do it fast and accurately.

I have no complaints, because they are fast and accurate, and responsive for all of my accounting needs. They are highly capable of even the most complicated bookkeeping - I didn't think they would take on my books but have surpassed my expectations.

Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Excellent quality and price

Kommentare: My go-to accounting solution based on quality vs pricing.

Efficiency and accuracy of accounting. Accountants and bots are very responsive.

Onboarding time but that issue seems to be resolved.

Business Development Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Let the experts handle it for you.

Kommentare: Bookkeeping used to be our biggest headache as a company. We thought we could handle it ourselves but quickly learned that is a dangerous proposition come tax season. Now that we have been up and running for almost two years, we can confidently say our business has been transformed because we are now able to focus on what matters, our clients.

Once we had botkeeper on board and up to speed, it was a set it and forget it experience. We had an incredibly dedicated account manager (CSR) who was committed to taking what was a giant mess of our books and streamlining the process for us so we could do what we do best: design.

Onboarding was tough but not because of botkeeper but because the process of getting someone up to speed about your business is always time consuming.

Trevor
Trevor
Chief Executive Officer in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Bookkeeper

Very attentive to detail. Always responds. Very easy to use. Staff is very friendly and willing to go out of their way to help you however they can.

Their client portal is a little lacking technology upgrades but still works pretty well.

Shiawtian
Shiawtian
Junior Accountant in USA
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Automate Your Bookkeeping

It helps you save time and let you focus on doing the stuff that drives your business. For example, it can help send invoices to the customer and email them reminders when it comes due

It is difficult to get started and connect the accounting integration. The plugins are also currently extremely limited since this software is still new. Recommend reaching out to their team to get started

Co-Founder and CEO in USA

BotKeeper does the job well enough so I don't have to do it myself, but it still has a way to go

Kommentare: I think they are on track to be a good service. The idea that a bot is doing anything innovative and life changing is not apparent at all. It still seems to me that they have a U.S. based CPA overseeing bookkeeping workers employed overseas.

The price was decent and the issues that needed to be corrected were laid out relatively easily for me with screenshots sent to my email.

They have a dashboard function that projects future earnings and other customizations that I requested, but it was a hassle to log in to. I ended up not using it at all but instead kept relying on their updates on my Quickbooks profile.

Rachel
Rachel
Executive Assistant in USA
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Accounting

Kommentare: Less time approving payments, payments not falling through the cracks.

This is making our accounting much more streamlined, less time manually approving payments.

I have not found any cons so far, we have only used the "up" service for a few months.

Sandra
Finance Administrator in USA
Versicherung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

G&N Input for botkeeper

Kommentare: I have all payment electronic and by check on spreadsheets which I love. I can print or write out the checks. This has saved a lot of time for botkeeper as well as they do not have to send sub category sheets all the time because it is on the spreadsheet with description of what the check was for. I love how fast they respond to questions and I love the fact that they were willing to share these features with me to make my job easier.

I like the accuracy and availability to access our books.

I do not like the new all over the place one drive searches. I liked all of my botkeeper on one page. I feel all over the place now. I have a shared spread sheet on one page, the portal on another and the check printing on another. So for me switching to one drive from the one page of botkeeper is going to take time for me to get used to it. I like the portal page before when you open up with passwords and all information on front page. I understand it will make it easier for botkeeper but it necessarily isn't as easy for us. I find you can't print the management report off the portal because you need to scroll down to access everything on the page. If you print you will not get all the information.

Theodora
Co-Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Thrilled with botkeeper

Kommentare: We've been working with botkeeper for about 15 months and couldn't recommend them highly enough!

- Responsive - They have a very quick response time for questions/issues/reports/etc. - Customizable - We're developing our systems and engagement with botkeeper as our needs evolve. They're more than bookkeepers, they're thought partners as well. - Convenient - The day to day like processing invoices and sending payments is a breeze. We used to do a lot manually and hardcopy, but with botkeeper we can use email, the app, and the online portal, depending on what's fastest and easiest for us.

The things I haven't liked, I've worked with botkeeper to change and improve, so I don't have a good answer to this...

Michelle
Director of Marketing in USA

Came onto a team using BotKeeper

Kommentare: Overall, I do like it. I need to test if I can ask for transactions from a specific date to another specific date, but it is easier for me to use the Xenbot ledger and track it to my general ledger once per month than me having to remember to enter all expenses at the time its received. I would recommend it to another user.

As a new user to a program already using BotKeeper, I was intrigued by how it worked. I love the fact that I can simply email Xenbot and ask the status of my budget as a whole, or elements of my budget. Thus far I have been able to drop the Xenbot a note and I would have a ledger in my inbox not but 24-hours later. Their staff support is pretty awesome, too. As a new user, I did a call with their support staff early on to learn more about specific questions I had and use cases. The person I spoke with was pretty helpful and was very responsive to the feedback I had about the ledger from a user perspective.

It is a tad restrictive as a user and not the owner. For instance, I go very granular on my budget but the master budget is more broader in terms of categorization. With the master account being more broad, I cannot get my budget more granular, so I take the details from Xenbot and translate them over in my own spreadsheet. Granted, that may not be a use case for all users but as a new member to the team responsible for the department budget, I need to know where all of our funds go to make for a better budgeting process in the future. Also, it would be nice if the email ledger allowed you to dial-down to specific transactions. For instance, I can tell what is a vendor payment or a monthly payment as it matches spot on. But, if I have multiple payments (say for an event) all bucketed into the event, I can only see the total number and not the charges that make up that total.

Director of New Cirriculum Development & Marketing in USA
Hochschulbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Smart Bookkeeper Solutions Worked for Us

I have answers only an email away at all hours. What is not to like about that. Instead of relying on a bookkeeper that worked part-time for us, I now feel like we have a full-time bookkeeper on staff without any of the hassle.

Took some "training" to get them onboard on complex accounting set ups, but once learned, it has been smooth.

Paula
Head of Operations in USA

On the ball.....

Kommentare: LOVE working with botkeeper. The team is ready for all my questions​ and extremely cognizant of completing everything in a timely manner. Botkeeper makes my life so much easier.

The ease of use and the fact botkeeper works well with all my other accounting services i.e. Quickbooks, Gusto etc...Botkeeper, handles my EOY tax filings which allows me to work more efficiently.

The only con is the fact I wish botkeeper could handle direct deposits in Russia as I tend to use this method a lot.

Patrick
Principal in USA
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great, Responsive Customer Service!

Kommentare: Would recommend 100%. Botkeeper allows me to continue to develop business without hiring in house support.

I have been with Botkeeper for over a year now; the bookkeepers are friendly and very helpful. Always happy to talk through upcoming projects/issues with me.

The AI sometimes has bugs, but nothing that isn't quickly fixed and updated.

Nick
President in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy Book Keeping

Kommentare: BotKeeper has been great. Its been like having a fulltime bookkeeper. They are responsive to emails and requests.

I like the people behind the software. The software uploads my transactions every night and the people behind the software ask questions to make sure everything is categorized. They enter bills, cleanup mistakes and have the knowledge to do it.

I havent found a con yet. This product and service is solid.

Jonathan
Director of Finance & Operations in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful tool!

Automating certain accounting functions to eliminate manual processes

Can't think of any cons; the tool is great and the people at botkeeper are amazing

Alissa
CCO/CFO in USA
Vermögensverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Personal Customer Service

Botkeeper is very organized and easy to use. You are provided with a personal contact that is there with you every step of the way. Everyone at Botkeeper is very responsive and helps you get any question answered.

It is not 100% hands off. The software still requires attention.

Kyle
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Terrific Bookkeeping Option at a Reasonable Price

I like the individual care given to us by our multiple account managers. As an Ecommerce company, I also like how automated everything is and how everything is primarily electronic.

There definitely can be a ramp up period in the beginning where lots of your time will be spent explaining how your business works, what accounts you use, etc. Not necessarily a knock on botkeeper though since I think this is a universal thing.

Tiana
Executive Assistant in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

With ease

Kommentare: Overall, the company is pleased with the service.

The software is easy to navigate helping to make my role more manageable.

Having to wait for a response from our botkeeper can be an inconvenience but not terrible.

Regional Manager in USA
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great solutiono for our bookkeeping

Kommentare: Overall a great company and team.

It is a team managing our accounts instead of just one person.

There is a lot of back and forth to accomplish day to day bills and ongoing projects.

Office Manager in USA
Chemikalien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Working with Botkeeper

Convenient service. Cost effective solution vs having to have a full time bookkeeper employed. It's very easy to contact your "bot" via email if you have questions or changes need made. The new portal connected to google drive is very nice.

I can't really think of any cons. They are pleasant to work with and take the burden of accounting tasks off of my plate.

Jacqueline
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A great option for non-profits without an accounting firm behind them

Kommentare: We are getting great customer service. We are saving money. We have reduced the amount of work the volunteer treasurer has to do.

Customer support during the onboarding process. Take a photo of your receipt, email it to them, and within four hours, they have recorded it for you. Takes the worry out of overburdening volunteer treasurer Reassurance that our financials are in order

There were a lot of glitches with the onboarding, but they resolved every one of them in a reasonable amount of time. Some of the glitches weren't their fault.

ALEXANDER
CEO in USA
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Botkeeper Review

Kommentare: Easiest way to manage accounting, bills, expenses, etc... Was very easy to do all remotely and not needing to have a bookkeeper in office every week.

Was a simple way to manage and track all company financials.

Would like a better and simpler dashboard. My business was simple in accounting nature however would have been easier to see on a simple dashboard.