Filtern nach:

Über Carta

Carta ist die Eigentümerverwaltungsplattform für Unternehmen, Investoren und Personal.

Erfahre mehr über Carta

Mallory R.
Mallory R.
Senior Digital Marketing Specialist in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Super easy to keep track of my stock options

Kommentare: Overall it is simple and easy to use and makes it easy for a company with a large number of employees to keep track of which people have which vested stock options.

Love how Carta automatically updates me as to when I have more vested options and shows a progress bar as to how far I still have to go for all of my stock options to vest.

No complaints but I probably haven't used this software at a deep enough level to truly find anything difficult or something to dislike about this software.

Zeah S.
Zeah S.
Controller in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Eshares to Carta

Kommentare: We started with Carta when it was Eshares. Prior to using this software we were tracking everything in an excel spreadsheet which was a complete cluster. Now we can easily pull reports for information on the shareholders. The only difficulty I have encountered is the lack of a report that my auditors will accept without manipulation from myself. Still way better than manual tracking.

The ease with which data can be entered

Reports for Audit purposes can be painful

Sho L.
Corporate Counsel in USA
Informationsdienst, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Love-Hate Relationship with Carta

Kommentare: I have nothing else to compare Carta to, so I don't even know how to respond. On a positive note, I suppose I can list 'Carta' as a skill on my resume, though I don't know whether I would want to deal with Carta ever again if I seek different employment.

When I have issues with this software (which is often), Carta's support team is usually very responsive and will work with me on the issue. The software itself works fine, I guess, as it rarely has technical problems. The offered tutorial does help, and I appreciate the Carta team for putting the tutorial together.

Not very intuitive to use! A major part is requiring a good foundation in securities and stock options knowledge, which I clearly do not have. One HUGE gripe I have with Carta is that there is no quick way to bulk update a set of option grants, but rather I have to go into EACH option grant, upload the document I need to upload, add a note of what I am updating, wait for 5 seconds for the update to occur, and repeat with the rest of the 1000+ option grants. I have been uploading/updating these option grants for a few days now while trying to do my other work, and I am still updating as I write this review on a Saturday evening. I don't know whether to keep on updating while cursing at the Carta screen, or just call it quits for the day. Also, the update generates an email notification for the option holders, and of course a good amount of them send me questions afterwards despite our team having already prepared a mass message for our Chief Sales Officer to send out that explains these notifications. I'm at the point where I'm inclined to curse out the next sales employee that asks me what these Carta notifications are for.

Adam G.
MGR in USA
Internet, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Program

Kommentare: I use for equity tracking for grants of RSUs and options

Love this to track options, RSUs and shares. Support is also helpful and does its best to answer questions.

The commissions on sales are a bit over the norm for a retail brokerage-type program. Especially bad if you have small lot sizes

Director, People Operations in USA
Konsumgüter, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Stock Options Made Easy

Carta helps us track all of our company's stock options in one place, providing simple reports and instant changes to our cap table.

Changes to Stakeholders now require more steps than they did in the previous format, it is a bit more time consuming when making a lot of changes.

DevOps Engineer in USA

Simple way to manage equity in a startup.

It's easy to see when I can exercise shares, and it's easy to see my current holdings.

It's such a bare website. I would like some more features, maybe educationally-focused links and ways to track the value of the shares, if there is any information.

Alan C.
Alan C.
Content Marketing Manager in USA

Easy way to manage stock options

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall I have had a positive experience with Carta and am glad it exists to easily manage stock options.

Their documentation and blog are very helpful in understanding all the terms and nuance of stock options.

There is nothing that I don't like - the software does a solid job servicing our need for managing stock options.

Associate Product Manager in USA

Great equity management system

Kommentare: Overall, this system makes it really easy to understand your equity.

Overall, Carta makes it really easy to not only view your holdings, but each individual grant and what has vested. It also allows you to exercise options that are available to you.

Our company went through a re-price so all old grants had to be cancelled and reissued. It's not easy to tell which grants are active vs which ones are voided.

Director, Sales and Business Development in USA

Easy for users, simple interface

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Very seamless and straightforward. Positive experience for end users, and helps feel like the equity system is more legitimate within our company.

Uncluttered user interface. Very obvious where to click & navigate. It's nice to track my overall equity and individual grants. The best feature is the ability to simply forecast overall share allotments across varying vesting schedules.

There isn't a robust feature set beyond the basics to track your equity, but I'm not sure how much more I would need for that.

Margaret D.
Controller in USA
Biotechnologie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Carta works for us.

Kommentare: Very happy with hi.

Once implemented, we are very happy with Carta.

Maybe a dashboard and a customized menu for the tasks i use the most?

Rob P.
CFO in Schweiz
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Huge timesaver, great value and has improved continuously over time

It solved a hugely expensive problem very easily (I used to have to manage our cap table in excel, print out paperwork and issue my own stock certificates. However, every time I look at software options, I was stuck going back to the same system. Using lawyers is truly insane cost-wise, so we manged it in-house. I talked to users of all competitive products and every single one noted errors in those products that led to board-level action and highly expensive fixes. This is NOT something you want to mess around with. Carta, however, was FAR superior to all other options in ease-of-use, accuracy of data, security, rapidity of product development, and ability to scale along with our company. They could make any adjustments needed without the needs for costly external counsel or board interaction.

When we first started using it (nearly 5 years ago), we found a few bugs in accounting reporting on edge cases (we had a couple outlier cases unusual for a company of our size at the time ). The Carta team quickly made adjustments to their software to resolve the problems however (and have continued to respond quickly to feedback).

Senior Staff Accountant in USA
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Once top shop for cap table management

Very easy to use Option grants to employees are all done through the software There are reports for all our needs, from stock based comp calculations, min disclosure for financial statement audits, etc... Customer support is top notch. Chat feature allows you to live chat support team with minimal wait time.

Reports take a very long time to populate and the files can be extremely large. Some report files are over 20 MB's

Kevin C.
Business Operations Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great App for Managing Private Equity

Kommentare: Overall, it's been awesome using Carta. It's a great tool to manage private equity. I'd highly recommend this.

- Keeps track of multiple companies in a singular account - Great data visualization tools for exercised vs. vested, etc. - Repository for pertinent documentation

- Mobile application is lacking some features that the web app has (i.e. documentation repo). - Sometime difficult to understand the workflow required to accomplish a task. There are multiple ways to do the same thing, which can leave the user feeling a bit lost at times.

David B.
Managing Member in USA
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Imposible to use because its always so SLOW

Kommentare: The CEO's and law firms that use it seem to be happy with it, as an investor user, I literally cringe every time we get a new stock cert from Carta because it takes so long to do antying.

In theory, it should be easy to manage our portfolio of over 50 different holdings.

We are investors, not issuers. As investors, we have 3 big issues. A). The site is SO SLOW, I literally end up e-mailing the portfolio company to ask for the information. B) The UX for the portfolio is nonsensical. For example, if you accept a certificate, you are not taken to the holding,s rather to some summary page from which you then have to search for what you just accepted and if you are not in the right "portfolio", it doesn't show up. C) Carta makes it very difficult for one to keep a backup.

Enrique F.
Accounting Manager in USA
Unterhaltungselektronik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

For a Start-up, this is a great tool to manage your equity

Kommentare: Overall, Carta Equity Management allows us to track and record equity along with sharing the information with the employees. It also provides us the reports to book the quarterly stock based compensation.

Carta is fairly easy to navigate, as the administrator I can answer questions employees may have as far as vesting and their options.

Some of the reports are not easily identifiable, you have to select the options you want when running the report.

Frank T.
CFO in USA
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Cap Table Management and Scenario Modeling

Kommentare: Overall, I am very happy with Carta.

I love having an up-to-date Cap Table at all times and being able to model exit and funding round scenarios quickly. Integrated stock ledger and 409A valuations are a plus, too. I plan to implement investor and board communication into the platform this year.

I wish the scenario modeling provided optionality around convertible notes. But the file outputs allowed me to manipulate the data once in excel very easily. And they were presentation ready.

Ben B.
Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy way to monitor employee stock options

Kommentare: Overall, Carta has been a useful tool for managing and visualizing my employee stock benefits.

I'm not a finance expert, nor a lawyer. That's why I like Carta so much for managing my employee stock benefits. It keeps all the records and information in a single place that I can access easily, along with helpful guides and tutorials for what everything means. I also really like the interactive vesting schedule/option exercise calculator. They are both quite helpful in visualizing stock benefits.

I don't really have a complaint about Carta other than I wish it integrated with other employee benefits platforms, like Justworks. Obviously Carta is much more specialized than Justworks, and there are probably legal/security reasons it is separate, but it would be cool to have everything in one place.

Jeff L.
Software Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Step by step and very informative

I like how for every piece of information, Carta has detailed explanations for it. It's great for new people who are not familiar with how option grants work. Interface is clean, and I like the different animations when you sign or purchase grants. Also like the monthly email about the vesting progress.

Don't really have any problems with the software. I am just a user of the tool with very limited permissions. There is not much I can do on the site.

Theodore B.
Financial Analyst in Kanada
Immobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good Cap Table Management Software

Carta is a very cool cap table management software with various functionality answering the majority of the needs of a startup for this kind of software. The UX is very nice and easy to use.

One of the downside of Carta is its CS. As long as everything is working it's perfect but when you need their CS you will have to wait a long time before your problem is resolved

Luke F.
Analytics Manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

IPO was a debacle

The pages were easy to navigate and well laid out.

Carta’s handling of the Affirm IPO was a debacle. I believe that Affirm no longer works with Carta as a result. Every employee’s sell order was accidentally canceled on the day of the equity release. Carta did not have any alerts system, and did not notify affected employees for a month. Some employees were left tens of thousands of dollars worse off than had the error not occurred. I would generally be concerned about the quality of their software. Amusingly, one employee had $50K worth of stocks go missing from their account. Carta’s software engineers had to deploy a bug fix for these stocks to be visible again!

Molly R.
SDR in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

User friendly

I was able to buy stocks through my company with just a couple of e-signatures.

It was lacking in some features. The time it took to get my stocks was a couple of days but that may have been on my HR side.

Tanner W.
Account Development Rep in USA

Not sure how I should be using except once a year...

Kommentare: Very nice UI. Seems intuitive.

The UI is very slick. Easy to navigate. I'm sure when Carta is relevant to me, it will be easy to use.

Don't really know how I'm supposed to interact with it. Not sure if that's my company's fault or Carta's customer success team... All I know is one day I'll have RSU's in there and it will become more relevant.

John C.
Business Development in USA

Carta Review

Kommentare: I enjoy using Carta, and hope I can continue to use it and continue to grow equity.

I love having everything in one place, and easy to use, purchase and organize all of my grants and vested stock.

I wish that I could use some sort of market value prediction tool, as well as have deductions from my paycheck taken out to be used for stock.

Account Executive in USA

Very Easy Management of Company Shares

Kommentare: I have loved that I can see all of my equity in the company and when the stock vests.

I love being able to go in and see how many shares I have, how many have vested, and when the next shares will vest. It has a portfolio section as well that shows how many shares will vest and on what day those shares vest. Overall, it is a very simple program for the user and (from what I have heard) very easy to set everything up on as a company.

I hope that one day Carta will get into other markets to allow you to invest in other private companies. I feel like they have a great platform and would be good at adding a feature like this.

Account Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Simplifies confusing information

I've used Carta through multiple companies and I love how it takes complex legal language and breaks it down for you to simply understand and visualize in its predictive outcomes.

I don't have any negative input. The software does exactly what I'd hope it would.