Huge timesaver, great value and has improved continuously over time

Bewertet am 21.6.2019
Rob P.
CFO
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It solved a hugely expensive problem very easily (I used to have to manage our cap table in excel, print out paperwork and issue my own stock certificates. However, every time I look at software options, I was stuck going back to the same system. Using lawyers is truly insane cost-wise, so we manged it in-house. I talked to users of all competitive products and every single one noted errors in those products that led to board-level action and highly expensive fixes. This is NOT something you want to mess around with. Carta, however, was FAR superior to all other options in ease-of-use, accuracy of data, security, rapidity of product development, and ability to scale along with our company. They could make any adjustments needed without the needs for costly external counsel or board interaction.

Nachteile: When we first started using it (nearly 5 years ago), we found a few bugs in accounting reporting on edge cases (we had a couple outlier cases unusual for a company of our size at the time ). The Carta team quickly made adjustments to their software to resolve the problems however (and have continued to respond quickly to feedback).

Once top shop for cap table management

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Senior Staff Accountant
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to use
Option grants to employees are all done through the software
There are reports for all our needs, from stock based comp calculations, min disclosure for financial statement audits, etc...
Customer support is top notch. Chat feature allows you to live chat support team with minimal wait time.

Nachteile: Reports take a very long time to populate and the files can be extremely large. Some report files are over 20 MB's

Eshares to Carta

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Zeah S.
Controller
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We started with Carta when it was Eshares. Prior to using this software we were tracking everything in an excel spreadsheet which was a complete cluster. Now we can easily pull reports for information on the shareholders. The only difficulty I have encountered is the lack of a report that my auditors will accept without manipulation from myself. Still way better than manual tracking.

Vorteile: The ease with which data can be entered

Nachteile: Reports for Audit purposes can be painful

Stock Options Made Easy

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Director, People Operations
Konsumgüter, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Carta helps us track all of our company's stock options in one place, providing simple reports and instant changes to our cap table.

Nachteile: Changes to Stakeholders now require more steps than they did in the previous format, it is a bit more time consuming when making a lot of changes.

For a Start-up, this is a great tool to manage your equity

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Enrique F.
Accounting Manager
Unterhaltungselektronik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Carta Equity Management allows us to track and record equity along with sharing the information with the employees. It also provides us the reports to book the quarterly stock based compensation.

Vorteile: Carta is fairly easy to navigate, as the administrator I can answer questions employees may have as far as vesting and their options.

Nachteile: Some of the reports are not easily identifiable, you have to select the options you want when running the report.

Simple way to manage equity in a startup.

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
DevOps Engineer

Vorteile: It's easy to see when I can exercise shares, and it's easy to see my current holdings.

Nachteile: It's such a bare website. I would like some more features, maybe educationally-focused links and ways to track the value of the shares, if there is any information.

Step by step and very informative

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Jeff L.
Software Engineer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like how for every piece of information, Carta has detailed explanations for it. It's great for new people who are not familiar with how option grants work.
Interface is clean, and I like the different animations when you sign or purchase grants.
Also like the monthly email about the vesting progress.

Nachteile: Don't really have any problems with the software. I am just a user of the tool with very limited permissions. There is not much I can do on the site.

Good Cap Table Management Software

Bewertet am 26.2.2019
Theodore B.
Financial Analyst
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Carta is a very cool cap table management software with various functionality answering the majority of the needs of a startup for this kind of software. The UX is very nice and easy to use.

Nachteile: One of the downside of Carta is its CS. As long as everything is working it's perfect but when you need their CS you will have to wait a long time before your problem is resolved

User friendly

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Molly R.
SDR
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I was able to buy stocks through my company with just a couple of e-signatures.

Nachteile: It was lacking in some features. The time it took to get my stocks was a couple of days but that may have been on my HR side.

Not sure how I should be using except once a year...

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Tanner W.
Account Development Rep

Kommentare: Very nice UI. Seems intuitive.

Vorteile: The UI is very slick. Easy to navigate. I'm sure when Carta is relevant to me, it will be easy to use.

Nachteile: Don't really know how I'm supposed to interact with it. Not sure if that's my company's fault or Carta's customer success team... All I know is one day I'll have RSU's in there and it will become more relevant.

Carta Review

Bewertet am 22.4.2019
John C.
Business Development

Kommentare: I enjoy using Carta, and hope I can continue to use it and continue to grow equity.

Vorteile: I love having everything in one place, and easy to use, purchase and organize all of my grants and vested stock.

Nachteile: I wish that I could use some sort of market value prediction tool, as well as have deductions from my paycheck taken out to be used for stock.

Very Easy Management of Company Shares

Bewertet am 13.1.2019
Account Executive

Kommentare: I have loved that I can see all of my equity in the company and when the stock vests.

Vorteile: I love being able to go in and see how many shares I have, how many have vested, and when the next shares will vest. It has a portfolio section as well that shows how many shares will vest and on what day those shares vest. Overall, it is a very simple program for the user and (from what I have heard) very easy to set everything up on as a company.

Nachteile: I hope that one day Carta will get into other markets to allow you to invest in other private companies. I feel like they have a great platform and would be good at adding a feature like this.

Stocks in One Place!

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
HR Manager
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, no major issues with Carta. Makes the stock options piece of my job easier to manage and communicate.

Vorteile: I really like using Carta to manage our stock options for employees. I find it simple to use both for administrators as well as employees who are creating accounts and reviewing options.

Nachteile: Sometimes I find the reports are tedious to complete because there are many options to select. Sometimes it does take some time to make multiple changes.

Great for users

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Aaron D.
QA Analyst
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easily see all investments with my current company. Easy to read and understand. I get an email each month with updated vested shares.

Nachteile: None that I can think of at this time. Will see when I am fully vested.

We use this to distribute/organize stocks

Bewertet am 29.4.2019
Case Manager
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Our company gives employees stock options and we use Carta to organize/distribute/view your stock options. It is pretty helpful and easy to use. You can check out each stock option separately so you know exactly when you received each amount and when it vests and such

Nachteile: I don't have anything I don't like about it, I guess I just wish I knew what else the website can do, I only really know about accepting/viewing my stock options.

Great Equity Management

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Jon D.
Senior Recruiter

Kommentare: We use Carta to manage our company equity and stock options.

Vorteile: Easy and efficient way to check on equity status. I also like the language / articles that Carta provides about stocks and stock options.

Nachteile: The platform is straightforward and easy to use I have no complaints

Great solution for sharing equity numbers with employees

Bewertet am 11.8.2018
Jeremy K.
Operations Manager
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really like the email updates when options vest. It keeps the employees engaged and interested in seeing their vested equity grow.

Nachteile: It was a bit of work for our finance manager to get setup but all is well now and no issues to report from the employees.

Onboarding Nightmare

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Paralegal
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our company has been managing equity via Excel spreadsheets and have grown to the point that we need something better. Once we have Carta up, we are hoping to spend far less time updating spreadsheets. Should just be enter the information once and all the reports update.

Vorteile: Software is very pretty. Our rep is available consistently for phone calls to discuss onboarding.

Nachteile: If you have any non-standard options, Carta is probably not for you. We have been onboarding for months now, and our account rep has done almost nothing. We gave him the information we had, but he doesn't seem to grasp the spreadsheets so we've basically had to do the uploading ourselves. Now that we are almost ready for go-live, I still can't find information in the system that I am looking for. Additionally, the software doesn't make up agreements (for example, if you loaded up a template). You just upload your agreements into the system after they are made on another platform. So basically it's a hosted skin for shares reporting? Not sure, and not happy.

The beautifully simple way to manage equity

Bewertet am 9.12.2018
Marketing Manager, Communications & Content

Vorteile: As a user, it made managing, accepting, and understanding equity stakes easy—and the UI was very intuitive.

Nachteile: Some features were still under construction. While they looked exciting, it was frustrating to think I could use them, then not have access.

Carta keeps me in the loop

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Michael L.
Head of Customer Service Ops
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love their communications skills aka the emails they send out when I've vested shares.

Nachteile: I have no qualms or issues with Carta at this time.

Carta Review

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Technical Recruiter
Internet, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to set up and to use
I can track my stock options very easily and see when I can exercise.

Nachteile: No cons that I can think of, it's pretty basic but works very well.

A clean and efficient way to manage stocks

Bewertet am 21.11.2018
Taddes K.
Software Engineer

Kommentare: We use this for managing equity

Vorteile: By far, the user interface is excellent and allows for a great deal of visualizations that help you manage and understand stocks. It's built using React and is a stellar example of component-based design at its best. It's clean and clear.

Nachteile: It is a bit unintuitive and complicated for the uninitiated, which is a common thing whenever you're dealing with stocks and finance, but the user interface is clean and there is plenty of support

Wow, finally an easy way to see your equity

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Marketing Manager

Vorteile: It's so easy to use and see how my shares I have, what they're worth, and it feels really secure. Spoiler alert, but whenever you accept your shares, you get this cool little congratulations screen that makes you go "YAAY!" even though you already knew you were getting them. Stuff like that makes my day a little better.

Nachteile: Nothing yet! It is really straightforward.

Really simple setup

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Business Development

Kommentare: Great UI and application!

Vorteile: Carta was the easiest setup I've ever had for any financial app or solution.

Nachteile: Setup was fairly painless so I don't have any true negatives.