4.6/5

Über Metabase

Open Source-Tool für Business Intelligence und Datenvisualisierung mit SQL-Funktionen.

Erfahre mehr über Metabase

Karlo G.
Risk Operations Analyst
  • Bewertet am 29.6.2019

"A user review for Metabase"

Kommentare: This software allows me to understand the numbers and data of my company in making decisions and initiatives that helps us speed up the processes around. Overall, it solves the problem and the product itself is a winner for data management purposes.

Vorteile: It offers fast approach in accessing data and numbers about our company. I do not know much about SQL programming but this software is surely a winner for me because it helps users like me to understand data without having to deal with a lot of coding.

Nachteile: It sometimes gets buggy and slow in rendering data. Especially when mutliple users are accessing it. Also, if they add more features on it like more custom filters and table editing like excel.

• Bewertet am 29.6.2019
Co-Founder
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.5.2019

"Cost effective and feature rich. Competes with the big leagues!"

Kommentare: Amazing tool for Business intelligence and visualization!

Vorteile: I love the fact that the software is open source and has all the functionality we need. The community around it is great and the self-hosted option is free! Our team loves using it, and we moved from an industry leader to this software with no complaints.

Nachteile: Because it is self-hosted, we had some administration issues, plus updating the software can be a pain. I know that some of these issues can be mitigated with the cloud-hosting option but the price makes it hard to justify.

• Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Louis R.
Commercial Manager
Musik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.3.2020

"Data over everything!"

Kommentare: I usually work with our Engineering team to set up relevant queries for Business Operations which I can then run at my leisure to get the data that I need. This helps me guide the strategy of my department. In this respect, the tool is invaluable, though to an SQL novice like meet is quite complex on first approach.

Vorteile: super flexible tool which in the right hands can pull all sorts of fantastic information which is essential for business operations.

Nachteile: for me personally it is overly complex, I struggle with the SQL commands to get the information need, though my level is very low. I don't think that you need a high level to get on with this tool.

• Bewertet am 18.3.2020
Credit Operations Manager
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2019

"Get data-driven with Metabase!"

Kommentare: My overall experience with Metabase is great. It has given me appreciation for the use of data. Instead of relying on intuition and instinct, we now rely on cold hard facts.

Vorteile: I love Metabase. Firstly, it has allowed our company to interact with our data and get data driven. Secondly, it is easy to learn the coding language associated with it. SQL is straightforward. Lastly, you can build dashboard inside it to make data analysis and representation easier.

Nachteile: There aren't many negative things to say about Metabase. There are times when it goes down or the query can load slowly. Aside from this, I am satisfied with it.

Brogan D.
CX Team Lead
Bekleidung & Mode, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.12.2019

"Helpful when it works"

Kommentare: Overall, when Metabase works, it's instrumental in making business decisions.

Vorteile: I like that I'm able to aggregate data in reports and use that to make processes more efficient. I like that it makes it easy for me to see key data.

Nachteile: Often, the reports I'm using take forever to load, which isn't efficient. Additionally, a lot of times the report I need the most won't load or download.

• Bewertet am 8.12.2019
Risk Operations Analyst
  • Bewertet am 26.5.2019

"The Importance of Using Metabase"

Kommentare: Metabase solves fast extracting data, creating query and writing SQL. Metabase is best to use in a Corporate especially if you are working in a Financial Institution. Thank you, Metabase!

Vorteile: I like using Metabase because no need for us to extract data manually. Metabase is easy to use and easy to learn how to write SQL.

Nachteile: Honestly, there's no such thing I don't like in Metabase. All good to me!

• Bewertet am 26.5.2019
Nick B.
Co-founder
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2018

"I love Metabase"

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to use their product even if you aren't a software engineer. Of course, a little SQL knowledge is useful to come up with custom queries, but for the most part it's very simple and easy to use.

Nachteile: I think it could use some more documentation about integrating the dashboards into applications. It took us a while to figure it out.

• Bewertet am 26.9.2018
Riyas R.
Infrastructure consultant
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.1.2020

"Best for KPI dashboards "

Kommentare: I have successfully created a KPI dashboard for my previous employer who are in Direct Store Delivery business (van sales). The owner and sales manager have realtime view about their sales, stocks and data on the mobile, laptop or on the TV.

Vorteile: Metabase can easily connected to a database securely as this software can be downloaded and installed locally. Anyone can create a output e.g Todays Number of Sales without much knowledge in SQL query. I liked the dark theme and it is fully responsive on all mobile phones...

Nachteile: I could not find any issues when using this software.. but I recommend to provide API access to commonly used ERP software.

• Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Jasper edrian T.
Operations-Business Quality Analyst
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.1.2020

"Your one stop shop."

Vorteile: A user-friendly tool that is convenient and understandable, saving a lot of time for our users from navigating with too much clicks.

Nachteile: Avoid posting questions that are optional.

• Bewertet am 23.1.2020
Business Development Manager
Industrieautomation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2019

"Metabase helps drive analytics in our company"

Kommentare: Fairly satisfactory. I haven't had the benefit of using a competitor so I do not know.

Vorteile: Metabase has made it easier for people in our company to become data-driven and analytical. Some employees have learned SQL on their own so that they could analyze data and make queries. The coding language is fairly easy.

Nachteile: Our company makes dashboards on metabase and I continuously observe how the graphs crash every now and then. At some point it just fails to load.

Marketing Director
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2019

"Make data visuals with Metabase"

Kommentare: It's been satisfactory. Obviously, things could be easier but I am fine as it is.

Vorteile: I am not a techie person but I do understand the importance of data. As I do not have much time in the day to run queries and review raw data, I appreciate how you can make graphs, line charts, pie charts, an other visual graphs on Metabase. This provides me with a quick overview of how our company is doing.

Nachteile: It's not user friendly. You do need to learn a coding language to pull the data out of the data tables. I simply don't have time to do that and it surprises me that people are paid to learn this language. There should be a more simple way to get and analyze data.

Performance Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.3.2019

"Dashboarding and Data Analysis"

Kommentare: Provide insights to high level staff.

Vorteile: Simplified dashboarding for the less tech-savy. We utilized this platform to try and provide data insights to the less tech skilled high level staff. This gave our higher-ups a method to watch performance metrics without having to get in and get their hands dirty with the data. Its certainly a fine solution and will help you reach that goal. I had a good experience using this platform and do recommend it for others seeking to solve that same problem.

Nachteile: Would have preferred more comprehensive analysis options for building out reports.

• Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Quality Assurance Analyst
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.1.2020

"Metabase Experience"

Vorteile: It is user friendly at the same time its serves the purpose of the software.

Nachteile: A larger font or indicator for the search fields.

• Bewertet am 24.1.2020