Hangout with convenience and simplicity

Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Deba O.
IT Support executive
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Hangout has helped my organization reduce spending on a previous collaboration software we hitherto used. I personally prefer hangout for my instant messaging activities. Not only is the software smooth and lightweight, but it is also very easy to use as well as been quick and unproblematic. It is the epitome of messaging convenience for me.

Vorteile: Hangout has over the years afforded me a simple and enjoyable messaging experience with the added advantage of been able to send multimedia as well as make calls at reasonable rates to phone numbers and contacts on your Gmail account that also use hangout. I must say that the quality of hangout voice calls (paid option) is just exceptionally great. The video call is free and also nice too. You can archive important conversations as well as easily send an invite to your contact within hangout to adopt the software if they are not using it yet. The ability to have one-to-one or group conversations within Google Hangouts is an advantage that has endured it to me as it has helped my organization reduce spending on a previous collaboration software we hitherto used. The installation is easy and the software is lightweight and as such, hardly cause hanging. I recently was able to install the chrome extension of hangout to my chrome browser and can now reply to my message while on my computer without reaching for my phone. this has furthered made this software more appealing to me. I like the fact that the software is free on Gmail account and yet there are no ads in it

Nachteile: I miss the SMS functionality that was previously integrated into hangout and I still wonder why it was removed! For you to really enjoy Hangout, you require a very strong internet connection otherwise it becomes a real test of your patience. I also wish there was a way to reach your contact (maybe by assigning a hangout ID phone Number) so that you can call them when they are offline. You might want to avoid sharing very sensitive data with hangout as there is serious concern over the security of files shared with others within hangout. I also think the need to have a Gmail account in order to use hangout is not pleasant. It will be better if hangout can be designed to support a number of email service providers.

Best choice if you use Google ecosystem

Bewertet am 13.4.2019
Ernesto enrique F.
Web Operations Manager & Co-Founder

Kommentare: Google Hangouts helped me and continues to help me with my business to connect with my clients and colleagues, although it has many things that can be improved, it has everything necessary to communicate in addition, free of charge, unlimited and without the need to use other applications, much less install anything . It is a very good solution especially if you are a user of the entire Google ecosystem since, as expected, its integration is excellent.

Vorteile: I would never have known Hangouts without its integration with the Google mail system and since I am using it I can honestly say that it is the feature that I like the most: its perfect integration with email since it is not necessary to have an application installed on my computer to use it. It is a very simple application to use and it fulfills what it promises, fast, powerful messaging, video calls, ability to create groups of users and quite light if it is used from the web. Another feature that I use a lot and I really like is that the search bar that owns the mail system also finds the messages that you have sent or received through hangouts and it is very useful when you want to find very old messages that you need.

Nachteile: Something I do not like about Hangouts is that while the competition advances adding more and more features, such as stickers, voice notes, among others, I get the impression that Google Hangouts is not investing time in the platform because it remains the same I also do not like that video calls are not as fluid as their competition and creating a room sometimes gives so many errors that I end up using platform. But when I manage to connect with my colleagues, it works wonders. Finally, I feel that the mobile application must be improved, it is very heavy and slow, today I have a very fast cell phone and it does not affect me but when I had a mid-range cell phone it was a nightmare to use Google Hangouts.

Absolutely love this product.

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Personalization Consultant

Kommentare: Super happy with this product, glad to have made the switch and have no intention of switching to anything else anytime. (Though I do wish I could record meetings...)

Vorteile: - You can have a call (audio, video etc.) with one or many parties, share your screen if needed and make configurations. Super simple to set-up and also to combine with other tools you are using.
- Also like that when you are adding an event to your calendar. a Hangouts link is automatically created.

Nachteile: - With other products, meetings used to automatically be recorded and made available to me which was great for going back and making notes, double-checking things etc. I just Googled and technically recording is also possible with Hangouts BUT "This feature is available with the G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education editions."

Video Conferencing Made Super Easy!

Bewertet am 9.11.2019
Gaurav G.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am using Google Hangout tool at work to conduct conferencing calls with web developers so I can explain tagging requirements and strategy for new web pages, sites or applications. I also use it to do vendor presentations on how a particular media campaign performed. Overall my experience has been smooth as long as I am running one conferencing session and have closed all previous sessions. If I am calling using the random conference number and have muted the Hangout session while sharing my screen, it works fine.

Vorteile: Google Hangout is one of the most intuitive and versatile tools available for video conferencing. Since its integrated with the Google ecosystem, I can access it from my corporate Gmail account or Google Calendar or directly through the meeting link. When I schedule a new meeting with my office colleagues, I can easily add Google Hangout to it when creating the invite which automatically generates a conference number. So, if the video conference doesn't work due to internet issues, I can simply dial into the conference using that random number. My favorite feature is Google Hangout letting me share my screen so other participants can see my presentation or whatever I am sharing in my laptop. All these features are available for use without additional cost, as long as, one has a Google account.

Nachteile: There are couple of issues which bother me when using Google Hangout. Firstly, I can't have multiple conferencing sessions open at the same time. Secondly, the steps to share my screen or presentation are not very intuitive and confusing to those who are first time users. I also believe active Google Hangout conferencing sessions consume high RAM resources and slows down Chrome browser or CPU. Finally, since Hangout is a Google product, it doesn't work smoothly using any non-Chrome browsers such as Internet Explorer. If I try opening it in Internet Explorer, Google Hangout may not start conference session. Google also needs to add new features and make Hangout more friendly experience when using mobile. Plus, I should be able to use Google Hangout with other meeting participants who don't have Hangout.

Google needs to make a decision

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Zach I.
Agent
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I initially installed Hangouts because it was the only way I could receive text messages inside of my office, which has terrible reception due to all of the sound insulation (we do voice recordings in-house.) It was a SAVIOR when it first came out because Google was one of the only companies supporting Wifi calling and texting. I also liked that I was able to have Hangouts to route multiple numbers (I'm in NYC and LA.) When it first came out, Hangouts was completely innovative.

Nachteile: Google has too many departments designing conflicting products instead of putting all hands on deck to work on one piece of software. Google Chat? Wave? Plus? Hangouts? It's insane. I pay for GoogleFi now with the express interest of using hangouts, so I can get texts on my computer. But when I try to load it on my Google Pixel, it's slow - like, "1997 loading a JPG-level" slow. I don't trust that many of my texts are going through and that I am receiving them. Sometimes a message that a friend sent a day before comes to me in the middle of the night. It feels like Google is phasing this out, but it is unclear what the replacement will be. I am so horrified that I might honestly just switch plans. Now that young people use texting as their exclusive method of communication, I have found that this is hurting my social and business-life. It's pretty pathetic that Facebook Messanger - a free service - is more reliable than Hangouts, a product that I now technically pay for as a GoogleFi subscriber. I am losing faith in the Google Brand because of this product. And because many users do not pay for Fi, they provide almost no customer service for Hangouts, because they are overwhelmed with complaints from their free users.

A wonderful communication tool

Bewertet am 14.11.2019
Malinda S.
Station Master
Regierungsbeziehungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over 2 years I have been using google hangouts and my experience was very positive. It's one of the most famous and incredible applications available for communication. Application is very light and it loads really fast. For me it's a great tool for video conferencing and collaboration. I think it is a good invesment for any business.

Vorteile: As station masters we do communication mainly through emails and video conferences. There are quite a lot of employees in each and every station and it is somewhat difficult to gather them all at one place to held meetings. So we decided to use video conferencing for meetings when employees are difficult to be gathered. Google hangouts help me to connect with other station masters. Google hangouts has everything that mandatory for communication. I don't need to install any application instead it's perfectly integrate with the email account. I can check the availability of co-workers and the important conversations with them can be archived easily. Normally we create calendar events and join from hangouts.While I'm using hangouts, I can access both my mails and chat from my mobile and my PC. The interface is really simple and easy to follow so that that even an average person can easily use this.

Nachteile: I love to have the feature of sharing multiple images and different file types with my colleagues. It would be great if google can improve on sharing different file types like pdf,xlsx etc and multiple images at once. Likewise google need to make certain improvements in hangouts to be competitive with other software giants in the industry. Other than that I have no complaints regarding hangouts and it satisfies me with my expectations about communication.

Google Hangouts works Great!

Bewertet am 28.11.2019
Keith V.
Technology Specialist
Philanthropie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent. This software is fantastic and belongs in everyone's day to day use, be it for business or personal reasons.

Vorteile: Google Hangouts was Facetime before Facetime existed. This software has grown rather robust over the years and is extremely easy to use. I personally trust in this software every single day as I use it at all hours of the day to both video chat with clients/business associates as well as to call/text and video chat with my family. You can even do conference calling/video calling with this software with great ease. It's availible on most iOS and Android devices as well as all PC's and MAC's running Google Chrome. There really isn't a great deal to complain about regarding this software. It's quite easy to use, connects to your google voice number (which you can then connect to every phone you have no matter what network they are on) and you can keep a contacts listing to ensure you always know who your calling and who's calling you.

Nachteile: Nothing... Literally NOTHING. This software is great and keeps getting better. I guess the possibility of Google killing it off might be a con since they're famous for doing stuff like that to software tech savvy people enjoy more often than "regular" users.

google meet. the best online meeting service on the market!

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Art B.
UX

Kommentare: The service is great. Daily meetings on hangout is every-day routine. Works flawlessly.

Vorteile: i love fact how great google hangouts integrate with other google products (calendar, gmail, docs, etc). Having a call from any device is possible and easy.

Nachteile: laggy sometimes. Also, there's no way of "plugins". would be great to have the possibility to record a video.

Connect with your Colleagues with Google Hangout

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Magdaline G.
PDTP Cohort III

Kommentare: Google Hangout is a professional platform through which clients and business owners interact without having to share personal contacts.At our workplace the share screen feature has especially been helpful when communicating with overseas clients. When am out of the office i can still reply to text through my android smart phone.

Vorteile: If you are looking for a video and chat platform then Google Hangout is the solution. All one needs is a Gmail Account and if possible install Chrome as your browser. You can chat with colleagues as you continue to work on your other projects online. The messages come in faster.Creating groups is also an easy task.

Nachteile: Sending large files and images is not possible which make one look for other alternatives. The video calls doesn't allow many people to conference at the same time.
You need to be online to use Google Hangout.

Trusted product that is vital for cross-border business meetings

Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Sonja A.
Marketing Manager

Kommentare: I have only recently been introduced to Google Hangouts having used other video conferencing platforms in the past and I have to say that I have not been disappointed with my experience. Video conferencing has become increasingly important now that we are expanding into other regions with new partners that will need one-on-one support remotely. As with any business decision involving cost, the fact that this product is free makes this an easy choice.

Vorteile: My company uses Google Hangouts for client demo’s, internal meetings with staff in other locations, and one of my favourite features is the fact that you can record a session and share it after the fact. We are currently investigating the option of hosting webinars via Google Hangouts as part of our Marketing strategy and I am looking forward to exploring this option.

Nachteile: I have no complaints about the product.

Great option for communication!

Bewertet am 27.12.2019
Technology Facilitator
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Very satisfied! This allows me to stay up to date with colleagues and stay on the same page regarding projects and tasks. We tried other platforms, but given Hangouts integration with G Suite, this is hands down the best option.

Vorteile: Hangouts is a fantastic option for online communication with teams or individuals. Here's what I like the most:
- It's a standard app in the G Suite platform so everything works with your Gmail/Drive account. There's no need to learn a new system or create a separate login. If you have a Gmail account, your good to go for free.
- Integration of G Suite files is seamless and effortless.
- All chat history is saved, so you can go back and review communications if you need to check on something.
- The user interface is clean and user-friendly.
- It's incredibly easy to learn to use. Not a steep learning curve.
- You have the ability to set up contact groups/teams for special purposes.
- Reliable - As long as you have a decent connection, audio and video chat is reliable and works well.
- Works across devices - laptop, tablet, phone!

Nachteile: It lacks a few advanced features that competitors offer, but given that it's free with Drive and all that Drive offers, this is hardly a complaint. This may not be suitable for online meetings involving multiple people in places.

Google Hangouts Review

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Helpdesk Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall Google Hangouts provides us with good chatting functionality within our institute. End users find it extremely easy to use and enjoy seeing their email and chats in the same window.

Vorteile: The integration into gmail is the best option for me. You can also download an app. With Active Directory Sync it is very easy to locate employees and it does allow you to chat externally.

Nachteile: From time to time Hangouts would lose connectivity and go "Offline" while email was still available. This wasn't very often but it happened enough times to notice it over time. Notifications of a new message need to be worked on. It would be nice to see a more visible pop-up via the web interface. When I installed the app I began to see 2 windows come up and it was difficult to figure how and which one to turn off.

Google Hangouts is the Place to Be!

Bewertet am 7.11.2019
Becca R.
Recruitment Consultant
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love Google Hangouts! It's how my team connects on a daily basis and is so easy to access and utilize. It's super user friendly and very streamlined.

Vorteile: This is literally the easiest chat and video conference platform, period. It truly puts other software to shame, to the point where it's hard to fathom that companies spend money on specific software to connect in this way when Hangouts is free with G-Suite and super reliable. I love that you can be on or off camera, you can readily mute yourself before even hopping into the hangout, and that it switches the view to the active speaker so that you never have to scroll or click through to see who is talking.

Nachteile: Sometimes, like with other Google products, it can seize up my Chrome browser. However, this is momentary and the lag will cease after a couple of seconds and allow me into the Hangout chat.

MESSAGING PLATFORM BEST FOR THE GOOGLE COMMUNITY

Bewertet am 6.6.2019
Stephen olawale J.
ARCHITECT
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: conversations on google hangout cannot be deleted or edited, that makes it to serve has a good record keeping platform for my organisation, in case i forget my past conversation i can search them out. Hangout has helped my organisation to save cost sourcing for other messaging platforms and i prefer it for instant messaging.

Vorteile: The fact that google hangout is well integrated for the google mail users and chrome users, makes me to prefer it.
I receive messages faster, easy to access and communicate with my colleagues at work, hangout makes working from home fun,chat on hangout are well organised and sorted in order, and also, it notify me when messages are sent,hangout offer the ability to create groups for friends or co workers,keeping track of people is made easy, we make video calls daily with clients and trainee , the screen sharing has been very helpful in training our real estate agent on digital marketing. i suggest for my organisation to use google product such as gmail, chrome and hangout, its a great community for easy communication, since they are all well integrated.
One other thing is that I can search for my conversations, in case i forget, the fact that messages cannot be deleted after it has been sent has being beneficial, for record keeping, thanks to google.

Nachteile: I observed that hangout is not keeping up with latest instant messaging features, that allows to send multimedia document easily, accessing, selecting and sending images while on conversation is not easy to access on gallery at ones,the video call functionality needs upgrade to allow more people to share video calls at ones, my organisation is out growing the hangout messaging platforms, we need to be able to send pdf files on hangout, but hangout still remain our choice because it keeps us integrated in the google community, since what cannot be sent through hangout could be sent via gmail.

Hangouts is a quick and handy, but ultimately lacking chat solution

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Jonathan M.
I.T. Administrator
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been able to use Google Hangouts to quickly and easily communicate across departments and locations for simple and easy exchange of information.

Vorteile: Hangouts is incredibly simple to set up and use; it integrates directly into your existing gmail/gsuite account automatically and allows chatting with specific individuals or groups with a single click. You can create new groups very easily, and it's incredibly simple to keep track of who is talking. Chats are sorted by most-recent-first, allowing you to instantly spot new messages and respond.

Nachteile: There are very, very few features beyond what I've described in the Pros section. It's impossible to edit or delete a chat once it has been sent, there are no 'reactions' to individual chats, and most importantly there's no Level/Tier system meaning all chats are given equal focus and conversations can derail incredibly easily. Furthermore, you're restricted to using either the in-your-email interface, or the chrome addon interface, both of which have serious restrictions and failings in terms of notifications. The in-email interface makes it so you cannot see your chats unless you open your email tab, making multitasking very hard, and also masking notifications to the point it's basically imperceptible. The addon interface is bulky and unwieldy. It lacks any sort of stay-on-top-of-other-windows feature, and even if it had one it's so large you'd never want to use it. It doesn't pop itself forward when you receive any chats. The worst part is that it *used* to have an incredible addon interface, where it sat at the bottom of the screen only taking up a small handful of pixels, and popped up larger and flashed green whenever you had a new chat, and you could click on it to expand that chat to read/reply, and then minimize it back to the bottom of the screen, but then they "updated" it to the current version that's just objectively worse.

A very useful tool offered by Google

Bewertet am 22.4.2019
Fedra S.
Photographer
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Hangouts to contact potential clients. I like not having to share my phone number from good to first, I think it's important to keep my personal data protected. I prefer that my clients contact me by email or social networks before sharing my phone number. I also made videoconferences in which the shared screen is one of the tools I use the most. Although it seems incredible, I really like that Hangouts does not notify if the other person saw or did not see the messages, because I think it's an unnecessary functionality. Today we can see a message and not respond immediately because we are busy and for no other reason. But sometimes it's misinterpreted. This is one of the reasons why I like hangouts more than other messaging platforms.

Vorteile: What I like the most is that I don't need to share my phone number, only my Gmail email account and I already have access. It's totally free since it's another of the tools offered by Google. The interface is intuitive and easy to use, I can share images and videos, I can also make video calls. The app is light and loads very fast. I can chat from the computer or from the cell phone. The videoconferences are excellent, the communication flows very well, although as always, it depends on the internet signal, but in general terms it goes very well, you can share the screen

Nachteile: There're only two things that I don't like, one of them is that it doesn't have a desktop software but I have to use the web browser. It would be great if they offered software similar to the application they offer for smartphones. And the other thing that I do not like is that it doesn't offer the option to send and receive voice messages.

Google Hangouts was my virtual office!

Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Sheri S.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Without Google Hangouts I wouldn't have been able to successfully complete my tasks and responsibilities while working from home remotely. I highly recommend this tool for small companies that want to allow their employees the ability to telecommute.

Vorteile: Google Hangouts allowed me to stay in touch and collaborate on projects with coworkers while working from remotely for a company from home. Being able to video chat and participate in meetings with others allowed me the freedom to work full time and 100% from a home office. With Google Hangouts you can check a co-workers availability, send direct individual and group messages and video chat easily.
I interviewed for the position over Google Hangouts and having never used it before I thought I would be intimidated but it was extremely easy to use. After being hired I was 100% trained by a co-worker in another city over Google Hangouts. Not only did we video chat daily during training she utilized the screen sharing to teach / train me. Once trained I used Google Hangouts every day to communicate and collaborate with coworkers on projects. Google Hangouts was my virtual office and allowed me to be a part of a team while working independently from home.

Nachteile: Google Hangouts is ideal for work and personal use however our company began to outgrow the video chat limits (Google Hangouts has a limited number of participants that can participate in a video chat meeting) and as a company we needed to switch to a tool that allowed a higher number of users to participate in those type of company wide meetings.

Our default tool for working from home

Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Emilio H.
Product Manager
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our company has a very flexible work-from-home policy, which means that most of our meetings occur with someone joining via Hangouts. It's usually a very good experience, we share screen and work very much like we were sitting side by side. It's especially useful for working on a shared Google document, both reading and editing at the same time. We also use it with clients, who are increasingly adopting Google suite as their corporative tool for emails and documents. We've grown so used to this way of remote collaborations that we cringe when asked to use Skype and get office documents attached to emails. I would definitely recommend Hangouts as a great tool for video meeting and collaboration, however I cannot vouch for it's performance with large quantity of attendants, we usually have no more than two or three people connecting remotely to Hangouts.

Vorteile: Simple, intuitive yet powerful. Simple chatting with co-workers has declined on Hangouts since we started using Slack, however, Hangouts remains our default tool for video calling and online conferencing. The best about it is that its easy to use, simply calling from the chat window, or, as we mostly use it, by creating a calendar event and joining from Hangouts. It usually works well, without delays, and we can screen share easily for remote co-working.

Nachteile: Its a bit connection intensive. If your connection is seeing a lot of use, then Hangouts might be a bit slow. We usually turn the camera off to save somw bandwidth, especially if we are screen sharing since we don't need to see each other anyway. Audio and shared screen is the usual way to work on Hangouts for us, and we do use it often. I'd say that over 80% of our company meetings have someone joining via Hangouts.

Google Hangouts Analysis

Bewertet am 21.2.2019
Aidan M.
Actor/Director/Student
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Hangouts definitely has a lot of potential and the fact it can be downloaded on your phone is amazing because a lot of people have issues sending texts between Apple and Android devices. Perhaps, instead of having the hangouts extension open up a mini tab for hangouts, have it take you to the old official site instead? I liked the old site a lot better than the extension window that pops up. Overall, Hangouts is a great communications tool and should be used more than it is by the common person. Highly underrated.

Vorteile: For a computer communications piece of software, this feature is a very good addition to Google communications. I find it very helpful to be able to access google hangouts straight from your Gmail home screen, so you can see both emails and google chats at the same time. I also like how much quicker and easier it is to send messages that aren't very important and are not worth writing an actual email for. Another thing I loved was how when you linked a video from YouTube, the video title and thumbnail picture pop up as well. Very nice feature.

Nachteile: There are still a few flaws and setbacks when it comes to google hangouts. Sometimes when I try to copy and paste an image from another tab it won't load, or will just completely discard my image. I find this irritating when trying to send a co-worker an image for a presentation. Also, the hangouts extension available on the chrome web store needs some major work. You can't open it on some tabs, when you do get it to open it won't let you type or click on anything, and when I try to use the official site for google hangouts (not the Gmail inbox home screen) I can never seem to get to it and it won't load.

Easy and simple, few extras and few detractors

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Kristin D.
Course Designer
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Integration is the key selling point for using Hangouts. I like that I can access it from anywhere, can talk to people seamlessly through multiple devices, and have search features at my disposal. Having the option to video chat and send multi-media messages is also nice (yay GIFs!). I have definitely told people they need to use it, especially if they have a gmail address. Overall, the good outweighs the bad and I think the bad is sure to be fixed.

Vorteile: My favorite thing about hangouts is being able to search for conversations I've had from my gmail inbox. Sometimes I will know I've talked about something but I can't remember if it was an email or a conversation, so it's nice to have everything in one place. The fact that it integrates with all the rest of Google's suite, of course.

Nachteile: The worst part is not being able to access pictures very easily. Other messengers, like imessage or whatsapp, for example, will collect all of the images where you can easily click on one and see everything in a conversation or click info or something like it to access all pictures at once. Hangouts has no such feature. Every time I want to look for an image in a conversation I have to google (ha) how to get to the weirdly-hidden archive folder in Google Photos. For such a common feature, it's sad that Hangouts doesn't have it. Additionally, the Chrome extension and desktop version don't play very nicely. If I have Chrome open (which I invariably do) and someone sent me a message on Hangouts, I would get two separate windows every single time. Both would light up when more messages came. That's a lot of noise and action for one single message. Also the desktop version never took away the "you should try the Chrome extension" message even though I had it. Eventually I uninstalled the extension so I'd stop having everything doubled.

Google Hangouts - The Best Soon-to-Be Discontinued Messenger

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Michael B.
Coordinator of Network and Technology Services
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Google knows best. So it's killing* (arguably) a good service. I like Hangouts. I use it every day many times a day. My work messages come through hangouts. My personal messages come through hangsouts. They are on my phone, my tablet, my car, my computer. They are with me. Text? When my phone service is spotty, I don't get texts..... but I might have wifi. And my wifi get's hangouts! So, it's great, and it's going away in 2019(ish)

Vorteile: Hangouts, on your phone, in your mail, on your browser. It's everywhere. What killed the old traditional instant messengers (Aol, Yahoo, ICQ....), it might have been texting. But Hangouts was certainly one of the reasons. A cloud operated messaging service, that was right there, in the most modern ubiquitous web mail there is. It works, and it works well. Need to see your messages on your phone, it's there. On your browser, it's there. And all of your history (or at least your most recent messages).

Nachteile: Hangouts hasn't been touched by Google in some time, and has been slated to be discontinued, although migrated into another service. It's clients are sluggish.
The web interface is okay... I find the history parts a bit annoying. Time stamps don't always show.
Messages sometimes don't deliver to your phone, until you "wake" up the application (rarely)...
Messages in your Gmail is handy, but the search feature sucks. I often cannot find messages I need in the history.
As it's not the preferred client, there is no OU configuration for Hangouts in G-Suite. It's an all-or-nothing toggle, which forces people to use a client outside their mail (an alternate service entirely).

One of the best options for group calls and online chats

Bewertet am 7.11.2018
Amanda N.
Character Artist
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Hangouts gives a fast and efficient communication setup for its users, allowing them to contact clients, coworkers, and friends easily and efficiently, with very few drawbacks. It is one of my primary communication tools with coworkers, and I will probably keep using it as such for long into the future.

Vorteile: It is probably the easiest and most reliable online chat app, in both computers and cellphones. It allows you to make free calls to other hangouts users anywhere and at anytime, and with multiple recipients at the same time, which is great for conferences and also more informal calls between friends and family. It provides some great customization features regarding devices used, as well as video quality, which allows you to lower the quality of video sent and received in case that your internet speed is not high enough for HD conversations, which is a great feature to have under any circumstance. Hangouts also provides a service that allows you to call cellphones or landlines directly, even if they have no affiliation to hangouts, which is a great feature, especially for contacting family members who might not be as good with technology as the average person. Overall it is very practical, the menus are simple and easy to follow, and it only requires a google account to use, so it is very practical and easy to grasp for new users.

Nachteile: It has a few less options regarding videocalls than some other softwares. For example, it doesn't give you the option of setting up the cameras in group calls so that you can see all the callers equally, but rather prioritizes whoever is talking. This works well in organized discussions, but is not so great for more informal calls.

The most optimal tool for personal and corporate communications.

Bewertet am 11.10.2018
Mairina V.
Gerente de Telecomunicaciones e Infraestructura

Kommentare: The truth is that I have used many instant messaging tools, and this in particular is my favorite. I think it is very flexible and very well thought out for corporate environments where they can all be communicated in addition to the google suite. My experience with this multiplatform solution has been very good, particularly my agenda is always full of meetings and in most of the time I have some document to present, and what gives me more value is that you can archive the conversations and calls to keep them synchronized on the cloud. I recommend it to all users who wish to have communication under a platform that innovates every day.

Vorteile: What I like most about this powerful tool is its ease of use, with having a good internet connection you can make video calls from the comfort of your home or office. In particular, I make interactive presentations to clients through the Hangout. You can configure the quality of the call to optimize your resources, that is, if you do not need to make a video or present a document you can optimize your bandwidth in a single click from the tool.

Nachteile: What I liked the least, however does not take away the value of this tool is that in the update to Hangouts meet, you can not incorporate a person to the call, you must send the link to join it. However, the chat is maintained and the interface is much better with this update. There are some tips that I apply when I need to incorporate a contact to the audio, I make a group by hangout and from there I establish the video call and it shows me the old interface. I do not see it as a limitation, only that you are already accustomed to uniting a person at any time.

No Hangouts I do not work

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Nairoby D.
Consultor
Telekommunikation, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Hangouts for me is essential in day to day

Vorteile: A work day begins, with the login of my Gmail account and this allows me to use the Chat tool to keep me connected with the outside world. When you work in an office and you can not use a telephone, the only tool that allows me talking to other people besides my co-workers is Hangouts, inside the things that I love this chat, is that I can block people with whom I do not want to talk, I can archive conversations, which is very useful when you used it to make work consultations with friends or colleagues, because, the important data I keep them in the conversations. For me, a great advantage is not showing the date of the last connection or since I write, It is transparent to the receiver if I am from my pc or from the mobile. With friends who are in other countries, the video calls are great and we can connect several people at
the same time.
Hangouts can be added as a browser extension and you appreciate if you have messages in a way discreet. You can keep conversations as pop-ups or integrated to mail.

Nachteile: With the previous version called Google Talk one could be placed as "Not available" and be connected
similarly without being visible to contacts. Now with Hangouts it is not possible.
There are workplaces in which, chat is restricted in internal networks, due to the use undue that is given, as to the time that people lose in a chat without performing the tasks that correspond, despite not being a disadvantage of the SW, should create something that allows be enabled despite any restrictions.

Excellent video conferencing is possible with this software

Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Wulliams C.
Coordinador de Promoción y Gestión Patrimonial
Kunst & Handwerk, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: An efficient software, easy to use, with a very nice and effective interface. These are the ideas that come to mind at the time of qualifying this incredible software that has facilitated in a considerable way my labor and professional development.

Vorteile: Google has incorporated Hangouts into its services, a high-performance software, which has contributed significantly to my professional development at the University where I work. This software offers us interesting features that have boosted my work team, leaving behind the problems we had when our work team was not physically in the same space. Hangouts has allowed me to break the limitations of distance thanks to the development of videoconferences of very good quality and free, where you only need internet, a pc or an android phone to make them. This resource is very important because I can do field work and make daily reports by this comfortable software. Another interesting element for me and my work environment are the video calls and chat of this software, very simple to use and quite performance, which has allowed my work development to have better levels of productivity, reducing the delivery time of my products and cultural research, and in the theater, has allowed me to expose my works and productions offstage, taking my knowledge to other spaces and other latitudes.

Nachteile: This software has more positive elements to rescue than the negative ones, however, there is a problem that I have always seen of this software and is that you can not send multimedia documents. This factor is very important to me since I work a lot with photographs of cultural manifestations, theater presentations, production elements, makeup and costumes that I must photograph to send to add to my theatrical productions. I think Google should work on adding multimedia messages to their services.