Luma Health is A Gamechanger for Any Medical Practice

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Kristen B.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Luma Health has been wonderful. Luma has drastically decreased our no show rate. Reminders have been awesome in getting everyone confirmed and prepared for their appointments. The appointments that do get cancelled either in ample time or last minute Luma's waitlist feature is a lifesaver. Our provider's schedules are always full and patients are extremely happy because they get to be seen sooner. Luma has done wonders to help bridge happy patients with our Google and social media pages to share their experiences with us online. Patients leave meaningful honest reviews about visiting us that we truly appreciate. We love our patients and we're so happy to hear stories of why they continue to come back to our practice again and again.

Vorteile: Its hard to pick one thing! Luma covers all the bases on patient engagement, HIPAA compliant texting, custom reminders, recall messages, feedback/social media reviews, online scheduling, you name it! Our patients love their appointment reminders from Luma and so do our doctors. We can customize when and how often they go out and can change the script per appointment type so patients who are coming in for certain procedures can be given separate instructions to prepare for their appointment. Luma Health have been rockstars in improving their new online scheduling platform. Its fantastic. Patients are able to enter in all pertinent info for their desired appointment including reason for visit, insurance information, changes in phone number/address, etc and are only shown times which match their appointment criteria. My personal favorite thing about Luma is there willingness and desire to grow and adapt their product based off of their customers needs. We have been with Luma for 2 years now and I can't tell you how many things have been added to their platform based off of customer feedback. You ask for a change or make a suggestion and it basically comes out in the Product Updates the next month. Bravo for actually listening to your clientele and making actionable changes based off of feedback. That is so rare when working with EHR systems and other medical software.

Nachteile: Luma's customer service is absolutely top notch, to be clear I have ZERO complaints about that. But it's hard that the main way to get a hold of Luma for support is by email/ticketing. We are located on the east coast and because of the time difference sometimes the answers to my questions come after I leave for the day and I don't get to address them until the next morning.

Excellent software for all private practice patient-communication and more

Bewertet am 24.10.2018
Medhavi J.
MD
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I help manage two medical practices and Luma is the best kept secret. It smooths out all of our internal processes.

Vorteile: 1. Easy to use
2. Intuitive
3. Allows for filling schedules without human involvement
4. Referral management
5. Patient messaging
6. Automated actions based on visit types and other key factors . Custom messages tied to and ICD or visit type or CPT give customized patient messages
7. Excellent support
8. Reminders - this has dramatically reduced the work for the front office. Prior we had staff call everyone to confirm appointments and also tried other systems which involved a manual download and upload of patient-name-system (I bet you used something similar which is prone to errors). Luma blew them out of the water More reliable than a human to confirm appointments, reminders
DEEP Integration with most EMR systems
9. Reduced my human staff requirements by 1.5 FTE
11. Feedback system has improved patient experience and MD reviews significantly
12. Fills my cancellations automatically directly into the PM schedule
13. Allows for automated "smart" waitlist system that humans can add to and patients can Self-add without human help

Nachteile: The messaging system does not have templates (yet) but it is coming soon. Wish the stand-alone self-schedule portion of system were more robust

LUMA review

Bewertet am 20.5.2019
Michel R.
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very satisfied with the product. I recommend it to any practice who has the EMR connectivity for LUMA Health. It has decreased our staff time for them to be doing tasks that can easily be handled by the software, where as helping them to focus on other important items within the office. Their pricing is much lower then what the EMR wanted to charge us for the same tasks.

Vorteile: LUMA has built a variety of features that can be utilized in our EMR system, and they are steadily building their portfolio. Unlike other companies, they are very responsive and intuitive with ideas that perhaps they can build upon. For example, we use to have one company who provided new patient packets for patients to fill out and access, and then another company to process them. Now LUMA has taken that and within the same product, the patient can now get a reminder, fill out the form, and easily transcribe it into our EMR system.

Nachteile: Rarely, but some ideas do not go as planned or need to be reconstructed. The insurance verification side of the software is a great idea, but needs to accommodate for patients who have more the one insurance. Also would like to see this expanded to include rx cards as well.

All around wonderful

Bewertet am 20.2.2019
Caitlyn B.
Director of Patient Education and Advocacy
Medizinische Praxis, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With Luma, we've seen an increase in appointment attendance and a decrease in last minute no-shows/cancellations. We have additionally seen a spike in positive reviews/recommendations on our social media platform. Overall, Luma has been a huge asset to our practice- their customer service is top notch and we're very happy with them!

Vorteile: Optional appointment waitlist feature
Customizable appointment Reminder
Local number (for reminders)
Positive feedback from patients feeds to social media and other web outlets (customizable)
Negative feedback from patients provides the opportunity to submit an anonymous response to a customized set of questions, so we can better serve our patients
Seamless connectivity with our EHR system (NextGen)

Nachteile: We have one type of appointment (infusion) that we don’t want patients to cancel via text message. Even if we phrase the reminder in a way that doesn’t provide the option, some of our patients are tech-savvy and still respond with "No/Cancel" and the appointment will cancel due to the way the system is engineered. I have spoken with other reminder systems similar to Luma to see if this is just a Luma issue, and it seems that it’s an across-the-board issue. I'm confident that if Luma was capable of changing this for us, they would.

Luma Health - In The Top 5 Technology Decisions of my Career

Bewertet am 27.2.2019
Bill H.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Completely positive and well received by all staff that use it. I know I sound like a commercial for Luma but not a day goes by without at least one Luma mention in conversation. This is a no brainer and one I wish other practices embrace. We are all busy but at the end of the day, I have a fiduciary responsibility to my board to identify and implement the best technology to help keep the organization successful.

Vorteile: It is difficult to say what I like most because there are numerous highlights that I would love to give credit. First, the ROI is solid. I have more than made back the cost of the program in filled slots. I have also had great success in converting inbound referrals to scheduled appointments. My online reputation management is more robust. The reporting details provided by Luma are above my expectation and one of the most valuable tools I rely on each month. Luma continues to add new features all the time. I am truly blown away by all this solution offers that I couldn't imagine why any practice deciding not to jump on board.

Nachteile: Nothing. Amazing staff, product, solutions. Can't say enough great things about Luma Health.

Still Loving Luma!

Bewertet am 20.5.2019
Eileen P.
Director Clerical Services
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If we run into an issue, I have a specific person I can contact who knows my office and its needs. My person gets back to me the same day, usually within a few hours. We have implemented the SMS messaging from reminders to referrals to billing and more. The patient response has increased tremendously and we are able to customize the Luma programs to our specific needs.

Vorteile: I love the forward thinking and quick release of new features that actually work as they as should. Luma looks at the healthcare industry, the populations served and finds solutions to improve the quality of service to provide a better patient experience. Their support staff are very knowledgeable and are able to take care of any issues that might occur.

Nachteile: I haven't found anything that I don't like and that is something I can rarely if ever say about any company and its programs.

Luma Health

Bewertet am 17.6.2019
Cindy B.
Practice Manager
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Broadcasts to our patients when we need them to call us to re-schedule appointments has been a life saver. There have been times that we have had emergencies in our doctor's schedule and need to re-schedule 70 patients. Sending a mass message at the same time has helped us tremendously.

Nachteile: What is still a hard concept to get used too is not being able to call customer support. There are certain topics that in my opinion require talking to a live person immediately. Maybe having the ability to chat instantly online with someone would be helpful as a way to distinguish if it is a true emergency to talk to someone over more routine questions.

von Luma Health an 26.6.2019

Thank you for your review, Cindy! Your clinic has been so great to work with. We're glad to hear that Broadcasts are improving direct communication with your patients.

Your feedback is invaluable and we're always exploring new ways to improve your experience with Luma Health's support team.

- Sona

Cutting down on no-shows!

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Rick H.
Administrator
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience had been positive. Luma allows our staff to spend more time on other things related to the office other than scheduling. It is also helping us to reduce our no show rates.

Vorteile: We like Luma because it allows us constant contact with our patient base through a drastically reduced use of the labor force. Luma consistently assists us with filling appointment vacancies and cancellations.

Nachteile: The biggest downside to Luma is the limitations as it relates to scheduling specifics for doctors. There is some (but not a lot) of flexibility.

Great Review Generator!

Annie K.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our company is having a great experience using Luma Health. Our online reviews have increased dramatically and we solely rely on those text messages to bring in our monthly goal of reviews. Customer service is phenomenal. I like how you can just email a general support email but our account manager would always be the first one to respond and very promptly. If she is unavailable there is always someone there familiar with your account to assist you. Highly recommend!

Vorteile: The review text messages that go out after an appointment & the net promoter score.

Nachteile: I don't believe there was anything that we didn't like. We chose to not use the referral system because it didn't apply as much to our practice.

von Luma Health an 7.2.2019

Thank you so much for the kind review, Annie. We really enjoy working with you and the team at Kremer Eye Center!

Luma Health

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Amy G.
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Previously we only had patient appointment reminders via phone calls, now patients can determine if they prefer a phone call or prefer a text message reminder. We seamlessly integrate new patients into the schedule with an easy new referral process through Luma, and we maintain full schedules through automated technology versus staff time in rescheduling when a patient cancels their appointment.

Vorteile: Luma is very user friendly and provides more options to patients as they are referred to the practice as well as ongoingly with appointment recalls. We have it integrated with our Practice Management system-Allscripts and it helps us maintain a full schedule as well as quickly schedule new referral patients from other offices.

Nachteile: The monthly spend is more than what we were paying before, but the functionality outweighs the cost over the long term.

Luma Review

Becky J.

Kommentare: Excellent

Vorteile: Additional features that were not available with previous software along with ease of use made the decision to switch to Luma easy and we have been extremely happy. Customer support has been fantastic and has worked with me on every change I have requested.

Nachteile: Since we began using Luma, I have not found any cons.

von Luma Health an 7.2.2019

Thank you, Becky! We're happy to be working with you and The Dermatology Clinic. We'll make sure our Customer Success team informs you about some helpful new features that are coming soon!

LUMA works

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Linda R.
practice Manager
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: our goal was to increase google reviews and our google reviews are now amazing in number and quality

Vorteile: The software is user friendly and offers a great deal of ways to track patient customer service. Feedback allows constructive improvement ideas

Nachteile: It was a bit tricky to get set up but I am not computer savvy

von Luma Health an 19.7.2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Linda! We're very grateful for our partnership with you at Toledo Clinic and are very happy to hear how much our Feedback product has benefitted your clinic!

Simple and very effective

Craig G.
Director of Information Services
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We went from 51 total online reviews in 14 offices to over 700 reviews in 9 months. We have seen a 200% increase in patients finding us online. The confirmations are very simple and our no show rate decreased by 19%. All in all they do what they tell you they are going to do and it's very affordable.

Vorteile: The software has a lot of features, however, I can't say enough about the feedback and appointment confirmation features.

Nachteile: I think the reporting could be upgraded so that we can schedule reports so they are emailed to us.

Makes Day To Day Life SO Much Easier

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Taylor E.
Front Desk / Luma Supervisor
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would reccommend Luma a thousand times over to any practice interested in a reminder system. This is a reminder system plus so much more.

Vorteile: I love the self-automation. It's amazing that you can set perimeters to pretty much every function. If Luma doesn't do a task yet, the customer service team is AMAZING at working with their developers to try to implement whatever you'd like the software to do. We LOVE the "Hub" to and being able to communicate with patients through Luma.

Nachteile: Some of the wording is a little bit hard to understand when setting up Luma. The self-scheduler and self- add was a little tough for us to understand at first but we are rocking now!

von Luma Health an 19.7.2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Taylor! We're incredibly grateful for our partnership with Chesapeake & Washington Heart Care and are happy to hear that Luma Health's automation has been a huge help to you and your clinic!

Luma has been very helpful

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Kelly M.
Practice Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No shows, referrals

Vorteile: Luma has been very helpful in our office with patient reminders. We have cut down on no shows a lot and have gotten a handle on our referrals.

Nachteile: Could be a little more user friendly. They need to put patient appointments on the scheduling updates for referrals.

Great product. Well worth the money.

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Kim S.
Front office/Scheduling Manager
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The customer service and willingness to adapt to our needs is excellent.

Nachteile: No cons on the software. Any issues we've brought forth they have been able to accommodate.

Make Job Easy

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Debbie J.
Site Coordinator
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The functionality and customer service is flawless!

Nachteile: Only con is time difference between Luma and EST Zone