24/7 Security

Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Dana W.
Web Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As a web developer, my customers trust me to handle their information securely. Also, I do my business and personal financial accounting online so knowing that I can do that securely gives me peace of mind.

Vorteile: Since I rely on my computer with Internet connection for both business and personal activities daily, it's important to know that my information is secure. AVG gives me that assurance.

Nachteile: There are so many features and options for security, sometimes it can be difficult to navigate and understand what's right for me. However, the AVG support documentation is phenomenal and makes it easy for me to get my questions answered.

The AVG Security Review

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Fabian D.
digital marketer

Kommentare: AVG has a simple interface where you can control all your security needs. I love using it as i can pinpoint what security features need to run and only activate that to save time.

Vorteile: AVG has a generous free offering and provides extremely capable security against ransomware, malware and spyware. There are great additions which i need to protect myself from harmful cookies and unsanctioned tracking.

Nachteile: They made the support system too complex . Good thing the platform itself is very user friendly and you will hardly ever require the support system.

No Nonsense Security, Does The Job

Bewertet am 28.9.2019
Selena G.
Editor
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: AVG has run on multiple computers and through several upgrades and operating systems and has held up and been fantastic each and every time. I will continue to use it and recommend it because I feel like it delivers on what it promises.

Vorteile: After so many years a slave to software like Norton which was repeatedly buggy, inefficient and had terrible customer service, AVG has been a breath of fresh air. It does what you need it to. It runs system virus checks, can secure individual downloads, can offer alerts, without all the bloatware, or constant malfunction of having things slip by it. It just works and I love it for that. Especially considering that many of these things are available in the free version of the software and you get even more security when you pay for the professional version.

Nachteile: Recently they have started to run what seem like alerts on the free software but are really advertisements for upgrades. I feel like this is a bit underhanded and don’t really appreciate this strategy. A simple email or sale or occasional pop up would be more effective than telling me something is not secure then asking me if I want to pay to secure it.

AVG INTERNET SECURITY

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Tina B.
City Clerk
Regierungsbeziehungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am making sure that we do not get viruses or malware on our computer. We have the confidence in this program that our computer will not be infected and cause our computer to be comprised.

Vorteile: I really like that if there is any malware or viruses detected I’m notified immediately. We had tried Norton in the past and we just have not found a better program to assist us with virus protection.

Nachteile: There is nothing that we don’t like here in our office. We knew this immediately after completing our trial period.

Light on resources but Works!

Bewertet am 2.11.2019
Iyad Q.
Self Employed
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Very Practical Alternative.

Vorteile: very efficient and effective against malware and viruses as I have been using this Antivirus for a long time.
I like most the very light use of memory and resources compared to what I had before and yet it is the cheapest.

Nachteile: I have nothing to complain about this software.

AVG internet Security: Secured Network Protection Via Link Scanning

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Nicolas frichot -.
Conférencier Professionnel
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience with AVG Internet Security is more than positive. Furthermore, it does not slows the computer, even during scans. It is for me, one of the best world-class security protections. I absolutely recommend if you are looking for a light but powerful internet security solutions.

Vorteile: The real-time protection that AVG Internet Security offers is impressive. This has kept our systems secured and even if an exploit is discovered, the database offers optimal protection thanks to the instant cloud updates. AVG Internet Security furthermore scans all links in the browser, preventing us even from entering malicious website.

Nachteile: AVG Internet Security usually generates false positive, especially when it comes to .exe files. I believe that this should be reviewed by the technicians, for softwares coming from reputable source.

Avg has effectively protected longerthen most

Bewertet am 29.11.2019
Christophere L.
Company founder
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Avg has been a part of my life for years when I was young and everything was handed down because I was broke avg was there for me protecting me when I needed it most thank you avg

Vorteile: I would have to say first thing that comes to mind is they have offered free protection and quality protection at that to people who lack fgd budget for many years. Yes there paid service is far more exquisite in the aspect that it has more bells and whistles but regardless they have not only cared about profits which is very respectable and that holds merit and says alot about there company. what that tells me is they care about the customer. Avg has real time protection with a very frequently updated data base that contains all the new Trojans, worms, malware, ransomware and more that could potentially harm you. They efficiently watch all the right things in all the right places to catch what is coming in and going out. The avg crew are masters of there craft and can do anything your macafee and Norton can do and more I give them 2 thumbs up I'd give them 3 but I'm il equipped.

Nachteile: Down sides to avg is that they offer so much in avg for free that they have probably affected there own sales so cheers to them for truely caring about the customer

AVG Internet Security, reliable and easy to install

Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Paul T.
IT Project Manager
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: AVG is a stable approach to a simple internet security level, installed at the users client.
Although the CPU usage is heavier on older laptops, pricewise it's one of the best options in the market.

Vorteile: Time to install and rollout is simple and well structured together.
Overall resource usage is low, and has enough functions to automate on a user level, different kind of scans and frequencies.
Overall a solid scanner, with frequent updates

Nachteile: Doesn't block plugins automated. Overall heavier in CPU use during checks than direct competitors.
Some bloatware on user level

Feeling Safe With AVG

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Kevin M.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I love it and trust all my computers to AVG to stay safe.

Vorteile: I find AVG has a pretty comprehensive set of tools to keep my computers clean and safe. Update are regular and overall the software is quite simple to use. It is a great combination of power and ease.

Nachteile: Sometimes the software seems a bit back end heavy in terms of CPU usage. I am not qualified to say that as a fact but only as a thought. However, it is a worthwhile trade-off for power and simplicity.

Free malware protection

Bewertet am 18.12.2019
Ravindu N.
Student
Textilien, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Last two years i used AVG security as my antivirus software. In my experience this is the best antivirus software for basic malware and other treat protection.

Vorteile: AVG has a very simple interface and we can control our security settings easily. The paid version of AVG is more improved than the free version. New user can install it without any problem because AVG installation is user friendly. We can set the update option according to our choice.

Nachteile: However, there are some small problems. This software slowed down my computer more than other antivirus software and its setting options are a little bit complicated. AVG detects some ".exe" files asvirus and we can’t avoid the deletion of such files.

AVG Internet Security

Bewertet am 18.12.2019
Derek L.
IT MGR

Kommentare: This software has been successful at protecting users from malware / viruses and its simple to use interface is great!

Vorteile: The AVG Internet Security software has been a solid product in protecting users from threats. It runs lightly in the background and doesn't send lots of notifications to the user unless there is a major issue which is nice. The fact the the software package is so light and runs seamlessly is great compared to some of the competitors. Offers many modes and scans which come in handy as well.

Nachteile: The software package is more expensive than some of its competitors which is somewhat of a con but the software works seamlessly which makes up for the cost of the product.

Absolute security, no more breaches!

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Osamah A.
Student
Computer-Vernetzung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Earlier and before installing AVG internet security, my PC was not protected, a lot of viruses were getting into my PC, ruining my documents, slowing down my PC and sometimes stealing my personal information.
Ever since I installed AVG Internet Security, the threats were all gone, no more malware, no more viruses, simply complete protection!
it might be missing a few features and tools but what it lacks in features it makes it up by the great performance and the trusted protection, I have never been satisfied more with any other Antivirus Softwares!

Vorteile: One of the most important aspects to me when choosing any Antivirus software is the stability and high performance, AVG Internet Security provides them both. it is smooth, it will not slow down your PC, it will not drain your CPU and most importantly it will provide the needed protection to prevent any malicious activities and breaches. Overall the software has got all of the features that is needed for a software to qualify as an Anti-virus software, such as; link protection, email protection, and of course an online shield. through 3 years of using this software, I can safely say its performance is amongst the top in the field and can compete with many many other Anti-Virus Softwares.

Nachteile: I think some people might not like the software for lacking the Parental Control feature, although it does not affect me personally. The software is missing some important tools like Online backup tools and some others that are likely to get people frustrated.

Much More Than Just Free Protection

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Scott F.
Director of IT

Kommentare: AVG has given me solid protection for an affordable price, and makes it easy to manage my home systems through their export and import settings feature, which covers every part of the software. In using their unlimited devices license I am able to deploy Internet Security on ALL my home systems, and configure them all in just seconds by just importing my config file and signing into my account.

Vorteile: The PAID version of AVG is much improved over the free version, beyond the obvious expanded abilities. Since switching I've seen a significant decrease in memory and cpu usage without affecting the software's abilities, which is a huge PRO over performance draining AV softwares. Another big pro is how easy they've made it to temporarily pause protection for random amounts of time, and they've made it MUCH easier to add exclusions for folders AND files than previous years. The export/import settings feature is a HUGE time saver, especially if you are using their unlimited systems version on multiple PCs.

Nachteile: Even though switching to the paid version reduces system usage a good bit, I still consider AVG too resource intensive. However, the biggest con is that they still try to sneak in extra software on you. In my case, they snuck in a trial version of their AVG Tune Up despite the fact that I did a custom install and that program wasn't shown as being available.

An easy-to-use tool that allows you to have your electronic equipment, at home or in your office fre

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Mariana M.
Analista Control de Calidad

Kommentare: This software has been too valuable a tool for the security issue, keeps the electronic equipment always clean of malicious viruses, as well as family information, photos, documents, personal files and / or other tools will always be protected and will not be hacked. AVG will review Internet security programs, including periodic scans, scans of emails sent and received (including the addition of page attachments to emails indicating this), the ability to repair some virus-infected files, and a security vault virus, where the infected files are saved, a simile to a quarantine zone

Vorteile: It protects the team from malicious viruses that damage our computers and then it is hard to replace them because of the high cost.
Protection to email and the web
Protection for USB or any external recordable device
Protection against hacker attacks
Protection of privacy
Protection to the family circle, when obtaining photos and private documents and not hacked from our equipment.
Security in mobile equipment, you can download the application for cell phones
Easy to install
Scanning of emails sent and received (including adding footers to emails that indicate it), the ability to "repair" some files infected by viruses

Nachteile: Can only be used at home, without commercial use
Does not include a "Game Mode" (silent detection)
Always show an ad to buy the professional version
The toolbar uninstaller does not work, but reinstalls the add-on if it is removed manually.
While it has regular updates, the paid version has more priority in downloading signatures for the latest viruses
You can not analyze units in the network in the work area, you have to make each computer and that means time consumption for the operator that runs it.

Great antimalware technology product with the potential to be in the top 5

Bewertet am 10.1.2020
Alexandru B.
CISO
Bankwesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Great protection level, I would rank AVG IS in the top 10 antimalware solutions.

Vorteile: Greater than average detection rate. Low resources requirements and usage. Good-great user interface, intuitive placing of settings and enough granularity for entry and mid-level users.

Nachteile: It only crashed on very few occasions per 100 PCs, but when it did - it was catastrophic and the Windows systems did not boot and/or they were unrecoverable.
Prices are a bit higher than expected with more capable solutions being priced lower or the same by the competiton.

easy to install and free protected Virus software!

Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Used AVG for years and will use it for many more..

Vorteile: AVG is one of the many FREE virus software. I use it personally and for my businesses. It is free, easy to use and keeps you well protected.

Nachteile: The only thing I have noticed about AVG over the years is that there are some popups upon startup sometimes which you cannot turn off as its informing you on your PC performance.

I've used AVG Internet Security for many, many years and love it!

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
Michael M.
Producer, 1st Assistant Director, Unit Prod Manager

Kommentare: Keeps me safe. Does exactly what its supposed to do. I'd give this a 9 out of 10. The only reason they lose 1 point is because they like to solicit you to upgrade from the current package you have with them, which is just annoying. Otherwise they would have got a 10/10 from me!

Vorteile: I used to have McAfee but unfortunately it wasn't as effective as I had hoped. I do a lot of downloading and found my PC getting increasingly slower and slower until I discovered that my PC had been riddled with various malware + viruses. After reformatting my computer, I proceeded with AVG internet (recommended by a friend). It's been well over 5-7 years now that I've had AVG internet security and can proudly say that I've not once been infected with a virus. It really does a great job protecting you. I still download a lot (almost every day) and still, VIRUS FREE!! If you're on the fence about getting AVG, just do it. You really won't regret the decision. I know I haven't :)

Nachteile: The biggest con to AVG internet security is the annoying ads they run for you to purchase upgrades or extension software upgrades, such as AVG PC TuneUp. They ask me all the time if I want to fix my performance issues (which, I have none, by the way) and would honestly love it if they stopped soliciting me. I already have their software. Geez. Other than that--it does exactly what it's supposed to do: keep you protected.

Reliable, easy to set up and use!

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Randall H.
Software Engineer
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: AVG for business is a great antivirus solution that offers strong protection for the computers and network in your business. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Vorteile: Compared to its free version that hasn't been doing well versus its competitors, the business version indeed offers a powerful antivirus solution for your business machines. It actively scans for viruses on the network as you browse, download, extract archive files, or plug in external storage devices. I found that it is pretty lightweight running in the background and does not cause any slowdowns for our computers. The GUI is easy to use and very appealing, with nice colors and simple options to choose. But of course there are advanced options you can get to in the menus as well. For the common user in our office, we don't really need to worry about AVG, it runs in the background almost unnoticed and quietly protects you and your precious data from malicious software or attackers. The free version got annoying in that it was always up in your face with ads and updates, almost forcing you to pay for the full version. But once you do, I believe it is worth it.

Nachteile: Every now and then the software update notification will show up and that can be a bit of a nuisance as we are not allowed to manually perform updates ourselves, just the IT guys. I mentioned that this software does not cause any slowdowns, however if you were to have this on an older computer, then it seems to bog it down a little.

AVG anti virus

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Darren T.
Services Manager
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Since utilising AVG and AVG Free I have not had an issue with any malicious software on any of my multiple PC and family PCs. Which is quite a good outcome with teenage kids and downloaded games. Very happy to recognise and pass on our positive review.

Vorteile: AVG has been my go to product for anti virus for many years. Since utilising AVG and AVG Free I have not had an issue with any malicious software on any of my multiple PC and family PCs.

Nachteile: We have not experienced any negative effects with AVG, as such I have no items to add to the cons list.

AVG EFFECTIVE, detects and blocks all types of threats.

Bewertet am 27.6.2018
Claudio ulises S.
Coordinador SISOA

Kommentare: AVG ANTIVIRUS: of the three best security suites of the moment, you have on the computer when the program is in action. Without that we are talking about an excessive overload of the system, because its average of 3 seconds is precisely the average of the industry, the truth is that activities such as the opening of websites, installation of programs or document analysis take the AVG Antivirus much longer (3 seconds more than average, a very considerable figure for some users).

Vorteile: AVG is perfectly capable of protecting your computer from threats that persist online. It allows users to make customized installations, only the modules that they consider that they need and want to use frequently, the package integrates very well with the network functions of the Windows operating system.
It allows you to make a group at home so you can share files and folders through the local network and also to work with the Windows platform applications. The Internet Security suite is ideal for offices. AVG is the protection you need while browsing the web and using its functions

Nachteile: Its most basic package is not complete enough, and when we move to the middle, Internet Security, the level of security it offers is still insufficient, although its analysis is very fast, the suite slows down the system more than other competitors

Better safe than sorry online

Bewertet am 29.3.2019
Joseric M.
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Browse the Internet with no fear.. AVG is a reliable security blanket. Just don't be too pushy with downloading and running fishy stuff which AVG prompts you not to. :)

Vorteile: I switch between Linux and Windows often both at work and at home. With Linux, I'm pretty confident against viruses, malware, etc. But when I use Windows, that's when I get really worried given the past tech infections I've experienced. Luckily, now I am more confident in browsing the Internet and downloading files online. AVG is my security blanket! AVG has been my savior and I can attest to it simply by looking at the infected or malicious files it has caught and quarantined even before it can mess up my system. I sometimes double check for false positives but so far so good with AVG. I also feel that through the years that I have used AVG, their dev seemed to have optimized their code well (or maybe it's just my devices getting more power/ram). In any case, I find that running AVG in the background does not affect my PC performance.

Nachteile: I started with the Free Version (which does not come with firewall or VPN). If you need these extras, you will have to subscribe for a fee. I moved to paid and the extras are worth the peace of mind.

internet security with avg

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Solaris System Administrator
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: in these days without internet security, we cant use the internet because lot of cyber attacks are waiting for us . you cant wait upto attack some softwares are doing well in this field .avg anti virus is good software to try and use.you can download it for free in playstore for mobile and also you can download it for pc.it worked very well in mobile i using this since last 5 years.an additional feature is junk cleaning in phone.i think this software popular in protecting internet security for your pc and mobiles. Finally, I like this software and i will recommend this.

Nachteile: I totally like this software but all internet security software doing same mistake not without avg internet security, that if you download some app or software some words are some content they can't find which is very useful to us and its telling antivirus?.i downloaded one app of my bank and everytime use internet message from bank avg says its mallware .sometimes these softwares are not finding whioch is mallware and which is safe messages or safe content., times they will block good reputed websites also.my suggestion to these softwares you update your scanning cotents and add more contents into it

Forget your boxed anti-virus, this will do the trick

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Design, Estimate, and Project Coordinator
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used AVG since 2012. My switch was through a friend that recommended it to me after many veined attempts at using expensive anti-virus software ended in corrupted computers. Not only do we use it at work, but I use it on my personal computers as well. It is a practical program that is good at what it does. Aside from the occasional pop-ups, you forget it is doing its job until it blocks the malicious activity it is intended to inhibit. It gives you a welcoming message when it has quarantined the problem so you can get back to your regular activities. This Anti-Virus will have you saying "Thanks AVG!" with a smile rather than sarcasm.

Vorteile: AVG is an extremely cost effective solution for your Anti-Virus needs. It is simple, can be free, and it works. We use it on all of our computers.

Nachteile: AVG does like to pop-up frequently in the corner of your screen to let you know of updates and promotions. This is nothing more than a bit of a nuisance. However, you do need to be careful when exiting out of the notifications. I have on more than one occasion accidentally selected "yes" to a notification that wants to download AVG's Secure browser. For some, they may like it; I however I do not like to stray from Chrome. Unfortunately this feature does not just install the secure browser but sets it as your default as well.

A non-intrusive antivirus software that doesn't bog down your PC

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Peter B.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Teachers often use their laptops for numerous processes simultaneously, so AVG's ability to run in the background is crucial. It doesn't bog down the computer speeds at work like some programs (e.g., McAfee and Norton from previous experience). Our company was pleased with the program when we used it, though it's no longer in use. I still maintain a personal subscription because it works well on my personal PC at home. I believe the program does an excellent job keeping viruses and other threats off your computer, but be aware that the program is parceled out into multiple pieces that each have a cost.

Vorteile: First, AVG runs in the background and rarely interferes with computer process or slows down our computers. Second, the company offers a robust free trial of their product. Third, after several years of use I believe it does an excellent job catching potential threats in real time and alerting you. I've never suffered any PC issues since installing AVG.

Nachteile: AVG Internet Security is almost more of a suite of programs than a single program. They constantly try to up-sell you another feature like TuneUp for your PC, etc. They even end their normal virus scans by telling you that your computer suffers from slowdown, but you can't fix that issue unless you purchase another piece of the program.

AVG is fast and reliable!

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Alvaro M.
Account Manager
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Internet Security has never been more necessary in this millennial / digital age. AVG gives me the confidence in using my PC for internet research, downloading of files, and just about anything that may seem scary to infect my computer. False positives come very very rarely for me. Good threat detection and easy on my hardware. AVG Free is good enough, but go for the paid one if you need extra coverage and support!

Vorteile: I was first introduced to AVG back in college. It was the AV of choice for the entire university deployment. I was then part of the technical support team for the implementation. I find AVG to be fast and does not take a toll on system resources (e.g., others are memory hogs). I also like the interface which is intuitive and easy to operate. Back then, I found it easy to teach the (older) end-users. The updates come in regularly, and up-to-speed whenever new threats come about. It has good detection. I compared it with other more popular antivirus software, and it's detection is almost similar, if not more comprehensive.

Nachteile: AVG performs best with the basic protection.. other AV's have come up with extra features and better malware protection... something worth improving on for AVG to stay on top.