CyberGhost VPN

CyberGhost VPN Bewertungen

von CyberGhost

The best consumer-grade VPN anonymizer (at the moment, anyway)

Bewertet am 17.1.2019
Chaucer W.
Accounting Manager

Kommentare: I've used several consumer-grade VPN "anonymizer" solutions over the past two years, and CyberGhost has proven to be the most reliable. (Next year it might be somebody else, but that's how things are in IT land.) All consumer VPN solutions will occasionally drop a connection or lock up, but with CyberGhost this only happens to me once a day or so (as opposed to every hour or two, which was the case with my previous VPN solutions). Additionally, the download speed has been more than satisfactory for my purposes. If you plan on doing huge downloads from Torrent or some such, your experience might be different. But I've downloaded files of 10-50 MB with no noticeable delay. All consumer-grade VPN services have limitations, of course, and this one is no different. But unless you want to spend the money for a business-grade solution, CyberGhost is likely to be the best that you can do at this price point.

Vorteile: • Easily the most reliable consumer-grade VPN solution that I've tried in the past three years. All consumer VPN solutions will occasionally drop a connection or lock up, but with CyberGhost this only happens to me once a day or so as opposed to multiple times every danged day.
• Download speeds have been more than satisfactory for my purposes.
• I'm pleased with the options provided regarding both VPN server location (city/country) and connection purpose (general surfing/email vs video streaming access).
• Lots of handy configuration options: malware blocking, ads blocking, HTTP exceptions list, port randomizing, data compression...too many to list here.
• Android version: impressively solid VPN connectivity on my Android smartphone. The option to compress the data stream to save on wireless bandwidth is a nice feature. The ads blocker feature helps save on bandwidth as well.
• Cyberghost v6 vs v7: with version 7, there have been noticeable improvements to the speed with which new VPN connections are established and disconnected. Most notable is the reduction in wait time for cleanly disconnecting an active VPN (with v6, disconnects took entirely too long).

Nachteile: . The software's resource demands seem to be substantially greater with Cyberghost v7 . If you have an older machine (or if your machine is suffering from operating system decay) I would recommend running tests with the trial version before buying a license, just to make sure that you don't suffer unacceptable performance hits.
• Some competing VPN solutions provide the option of restricting specific applications from connecting to the internet without activation of the anonymous VPN first. This is a great option if you want to make sure that your email client never connects to the internet without your VPN connection in place first. But if this feature exists on CyberGhost, I haven't been able to find it.

VPN ubiquity

Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Jose G.
Software developer

Kommentare: I've been using this VPN for several months and I'm very satisfied. It has allowed me to bypass certain geo-restrictions and shield my navigation when accessing from public Wi-fi networks. Moreover, I've been able to stream high quality video without hiccups in this period.
CyberGhost has a rich offering. Users can access thousands of servers in near a hundred different countries supporting up to 7 simultaneous devices. There is DNS protection, no logs policy, strong encryption, and very decent bandwith (advertised as unlimited). There is even money back guarantee and free trial periods which work very well.

Vorteile: CyberGhost offers a VPN service virtually for every device one can think of. It's hard to come up with an environment they don't support yet: There are apps for the desktop (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and ChromeOS), browser add-ons (Chrome and Firefox), mobile apps (iOS and Android), network appliances (Amazon Firestick and Fire TV), and even availability for routers!.
Another engaging aspect is usability: installation is a breeze, then you turn on the switch, and enjoy. No surprises.

Nachteile: Probably the pricing plans. One can pay one month, a whole year, or even 3 years up-front. Not many people would like to pay 3 years in a single installment because tech companies come and go easily these days, so the most sensible options are monthly or annually, but they are rather expensive.
In my opinion prices could be lowered if they used some form of tiered service. Currently, all plans offer the same full featured pack (thousands of servers, dozens of countries, etc.) but they could make a better job offering slim packages capped in terms of bandwidth and number of countries.

Excellent VPN that gives me security and does not decrease my internet speed

Bewertet am 11.10.2019
Orlando B.
business administrator
Internet, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience with CyberGhost is excellent, I have had abundant benefits. Thanks to this software I can surf the internet privately, it also has a large number of servers worldwide where I can connect. I can even use CyberGhost on several devices at once, that's excellent. It should be noted that I can watch my Netflix series and movies from other countries such as the United States, I can also access pages that are restricted in my country. Undoubtedly CyberGhost works great for streaming, for downloading torrents and for surfing the internet safely, I don't regret paying the annual plan.

Vorteile: I really like CyberGhost VPN, it has a very intuitive interface and is very easy to use, I never had problems when choosing a plan and installing. And if I have any problem, I can contact technical support at any time of the day since they work 24/7 by chat in real time. Something that matters a lot to me is the speed of the internet, if a VPN slows me down a lot I could say that it is a bad VPN, in the case of CyberGhost it worked great, my internet connection is 10 Mbps and when I connect to the best server suggested by CyberGhost my download speed was 9.77 that is certainly excellent.

Nachteile: CyberGhost has many excellent features, but something that has disappointed me lately is customer service, sometimes I have some problems and the attention is not very professional.

Budget friendly VPN

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Rachelle G.
Language Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CyberGhost VPN is a good basic VPN that is accessable and budget friendly.

Vorteile: The cost of CyberGhost VPN is affordable and it keeps our data secure.

Nachteile: Certain servers are very slow and negativity affect our connection speed.

One of the Highly Rated and Best VPN Out There!

Bewertet am 13.6.2019
John ovie J.
Administrative Assistant
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My first experience using this effective App was on my first client as a digital marketer. I was out of the United State and I needed my location to still show I was still in the country and it truly accomplished that goal. I got the contract and was executed after I returned to the states. It saved me the trouble of losing an important client.

Vorteile: It has a nice user interface, doesn’t slow my internet connection speed in any way, has a one tap connection, one can choose most preferred best location, hide online IP address and location to avoid being hacked or spied on, discrete, fast and reliable. Despite being outside the country, but I love the options to connect to networks that are optimized for specific streaming services. I must specially commend the developer and extraordinary team for this efficient App, also for providing swift support when needed.

Nachteile: It doesn’t let one use this free trial fully before notifying for one’s credit card details. Some new users will see it as a complete rip off. It should corrected in the next update.

cyberghost vpn review

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Opeyemi O.
English Teacher
Internet, Selbstständig

Vorteile: pricing; the fact that the pricing system for the vpn is one that encompasses every user is one that is lovable as regardless of what your budget is, you are sure to find a subscription plan that works for you, only that, you will have access to the internet protection service for a shorter period of time than those who pay more. For instance, when you pay for a month's subscription, you have access to the vpn's features for a short period of time as against someone who paid for a year's subscription who will have unmetered access to the vpn's services and features for a full year.
With cyberghost vpn, you are presented with plethora of choices, which means regardless of any popular operating system you are on i.e. windows, iphone, android or linux, they have got you covered as they have an app for every platform out there.
Servers; cyberghost security team while trying to beat server congestion that will most likely slow down user experience and internet speed, their server count has been doubled to accommodate each and every of their subscribers without making them wait for a server to become less congested before putting up their internet shield.
Log free; this is my best feature of cyberghost vpn, as paying for a vpn that tracks your online activities while that was what you paid to be protected against in the first place is not worth it.
Speed; as against the vpn apps i have used earlier before coming across cyberghost vpn, i do not experience any crawl while surfing.

Nachteile: Price; regardless of the fact that cyberghost vpn has got a subscription category for everyone, their services still feel expensive when compared to other alternatives out there, it has an undisputed fact that they offer a top-notch service but the pricing can be better.
User interface; as earlier mentioned in the pros, i have used a lot of vpn apps and i have seen ones with better user interface design that makes it easy for both new users and old timers alike to get around and get things done without tinkering about what option is embedded in what menu. Cyberghost vpn team has a lot of work to do in enhancing their interface to be competitive with the others.

Old yet a Powerful competitor in VPN Industry

Bewertet am 24.11.2019
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It was fabulous every time i use it, it never let me down. I know there are some issues with some ISP who blocked the Cyberghost VPN completely from their network but unless that everything is smooth as butter.

Vorteile: The thing i liked the most would be its availability within so many regions(50+) to choose from, plus there is a feature i don't how many of us know it or not but it can encrypt DNS queries with DNScrypt without facing any issues at all. I used DNScrypt + CyberGhost on a daily basis and its works like a charm everytime i uses it. There are many lovable features to count but i am afraid i can't describe all of them in words, but i would say onething for sure CyberGhost works wonder when i need it the most.

Nachteile: Not any particularly but if i am forced to ask something that i don't like about cyberghost VPN it would be obviously the pricing with the dedicated IP i mean the Dedicated IP cost is same as the monthly charges of VPN(on yearly plan) so if you are looking for a dedicated IP VPN i would suggest you to not go for CyberGhost VPN.

Great VPN

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Ali A.
Clinical Systems Designer
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Great VPN for protecting your information when browsing online. Connexts easily and given more advanced options for users looking to get enhanced featured

Nachteile: Not always the fastest conmection but overall great product

Good for unlocking geo-locked content

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Parttime SaaS/B2B Content Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As a writer, I always encounter resources that are geo-locked. CyberGhost VPN has helped me access those so that I could work without frustrations and interruptions. Aside from that, it gives me the security and privacy I need while browsing the web. With it, I can be sure that I am protected against data and identity theft.

Nachteile: While they offer cost-effective plans, paying for them at one go can be difficult for cash-strapped companies and freelancers.

It's good

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Software engineer

Vorteile: Very easy to use. One click to get going. Decent selection of servers to chose from.

Nachteile: For some reason it changes what VPN Network adapter it is using. It has set up two different and it seems to alternate between them at random. I have software that verifies network connections and that messes with it each time it happens.

Surfing the Web Anonymously in era of Cyber Space Vulnerabilities

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Software Developer
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience has been phenomenal with CyberGhost no matter where you are you can create your own secure network to connect and do your work.

Vorteile: There are a ton of features the software brings with it, to start with the most useful is connecting to a VPN Server of listed countries which makes it easy to access content which is not available in your home country. Secondly it provides protection against malicious websites even if you accidentally get redirected to one. Thirdly the ad-blocker feature is a life saver when you have to access some useful websites fully loaded with advertisements blocking your way every time with a pop-up. Last but not the least the most useful feature if you are on a metered connection you can enable Data Compression feature which saves you the data for all the day.

Nachteile: For few countries you'll be able to connect but your internet will stop working with the VPN. Though it provides value for money but you can connect up to only 7 devices under one username which i believe should be a little more nearer to 10.

Complete protection and anonymity in internet browsing

Bewertet am 10.11.2018
Oscar alberto C.
Supervisor de mantenimiento
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I highly recommend cyberghost since it certainly gives you protection when surfing the internet, thanks to cyberghost vpn I can access certain pages to perform transactions online safely, and while you have an average speed connection the program behaves very well, plus You can select the IP address from a list of countries which gives you the advantage of navigating as if you were in that country.

Vorteile: The application is my favorite when it comes to opening pages in which unfortunately in my country is restricted due to government control, since it hides my IP address, and replaces it with one of the cyberghost network so that I know I am browsing from anonymity which makes it safe to carry out transactions on the net, one of the advantages is that while you use cyberghost nobody can see your transactions, nor your personal conversations, nor the browsing history, since navigation is found encrypted with 256-bit AES technology, which the company says a hacker would need 100 years to decipher, there are certainly many advantages in using cyberghost.

Nachteile: Cyberghost is a program that sometimes turns out to have some instability and it has happened to me that the connection is lost and it is no longer protected, a situation that has happened to me when I have slow browsing speed, in fact I do not have a fast connection and when the Internet slows down, this error usually occurs, which I think should be corrected quickly since the normal IP is exposed, to avoid that, when I have slow internet I do not use cyberghost.

Very easy to use, and works perfectly on country's the government control everything

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Maria jose V.
Graphic Designer
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Protects me of any danger when i'm online, and helps surface any restriction of my government and private browsing, and it's free

Vorteile: I really like this vpn because its super simple to use, even the free version. You just setup on your computer and choose the IP address of the country that is your convenience, or preference or you can let CyberGhost to choose for you.They show you the flag and the IP address.
The interface is easy to use and the graphics are really clean and friendly for everyone, the thing I like the most of its really fast without slowing down my computer.
When you are in a country the goverment controls everything even the web pages they dont want you to enter, this is the perfect solution I have found.

Nachteile: I don't have any complaints about CG, works perfectly for me

Top VPN, suitable for non-technical users - but keep an eye on your connection

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Murray C.
Training, training design and blended learning consultant
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Excellent VPN, very simple to install and easy to use. Would suit someone using a VPN for the first time, no technical understanding required at all. Just start it up and you're protected. Only niggle is that it doesn't always start up automatically, and the kill switch, which disconnects the internet if the VPN goes down, doesn't always work.

Vorteile: Easy to set up and use
Lots of features for preserving privacy
Allows use of up to 7 devices simultaneously per account
Simple Linux (Ubuntu) setup - (yes, I just used "simple" and "Linux" in the same sentence!)

Nachteile: Kill switch doesn't always work
Startup doesn't always work

Excellent, I recommend it.

Bewertet am 14.8.2018
Raul V.
Presidente
Musik, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The service is great, its interface is comfortable. It is really reliable provider.

Vorteile: It work perfectly, the connection is fast and has no problems. The installation and configuration is easy. The service have many different servers to choose from, yoy can even check the traffic to choose the less crowded servers and you can have up to 7 devices connected simultaneously.

Nachteile: CyberGhost is no longer free, buy only offers a free trial version of 7 days and sadly has errors to unlock nexflix.

cyberghost review

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
self employed
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: it is very user friendly and the pricing is great

Vorteile: the great thing about cyberghost is that they give you a chance to try out their product by offering you a free spot to try out their VPN even before you pay for it and the quality is good they and it also has additional features such as malware protection online.

Nachteile: generally it is very usefull that is if you subscribed for that month but if you did not you will be disconected at times and will have to wait for a free spot

Decent and affordable, but still behind its competition

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Diego G.
Intern
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: CyberGhost is very fairly priced and it's competitive with other VPN companies. The apps are very easy to use and available in all the platforms you'd want them in. The number of servers available is decent and the speeds are good. Their biggest pro at the moment is their 45 day money back guarantee. That's quite long compared to other competitors, so at least you really get to go in depth and make your decision throughout an extended period of time.

Nachteile: While the speeds for certain popular servers is good, I found it overall it was very inconsistent. The connections weren't as stable as I'd want them for extended use throughout the day. The customer service is a bit lacking, since its more robotic and a bit unhelpful at times. Finally, their ad blocker seems to struggle in HTTPS.

Best VPN I've used so far

Bewertet am 22.11.2018
Jim B.
Accountant
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Out of all the VPN's I've used this is by far the best. It is very easy to use as well as giving multiple options depending on what you are using it for. For someone who takes cyber security quite seriously a VPN is a must have and this ticks all the boxes.

Nachteile: Whilst the free version is very good by itself it runs out over a limited time and from that point must be paid for, however this is to be expected for a VPN.

If online privacy is important, you can't go wrong with CyberGhost VPN

Bewertet am 25.10.2018
Chief Operations Officer
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The premium option is really the option you'd want to go with. Having experience on both, you'll enjoy the paid version much more if you use VPNs on a regular basis to anonymously browse the web.

Vorteile: The ease of use of their Google Chrome extension. Quickly toggle between using CyberGhost with a click of your mouse and instantly be anonymous. Their free offering gives you a good amount of offerings, while still providing you with a much better experience (connection speed) to justify the cost of a premium account.

Nachteile: I did have some issues in reliably connecting to the VPN on the free version. However, after a few tries it worked just fine. I didn't experience this while using a premium account.

The VPN for Budget Conscientious Companies

Bewertet am 20.12.2018
President & Founder

Kommentare: CyberGhost has been a real benefit to us when helping setup small business owners with that extra layer of security and peace of mind. Its very reliable and cost effective tool.

Vorteile: The Price! CyberGhost is really one of the Best VPN services for the price today.

Nachteile: The software can be difficult to set up and configure for most small businesses.

CyberGhost is easy to set up and run and does not slow your speed down.

Bewertet am 5.7.2018
MTurker

Kommentare: It protects me daily from the mean world we live in.

Vorteile: I really really like how cyber ghost does not slow my speed down while playing my favorite game or visiting websites. if I am downloading something it downloads just as fast as though the cyber ghost weren't even there. Also, I can put it on 7 different devices for a small cost each month. It is well worth the money you pay for it.

Nachteile: If I had to say anything bad about this software the only thing I could say is that I think their Ghost picture could be a little cuter. There is just not much I can say bad about this company. I love the company. It is a well-organized company in my opinion.

CyberGhost is one of the best VPN

Bewertet am 24.9.2018
Diana maria E.
Systems engineer
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: CyberGhost is one of the best VPN. With a premium package at an affordable price, it is not surprising that it is one of the best VPNs on our website. CyberGhost is a VPn that allows you to access the complete Netflix library and bypass the Great Firewall of China. With its high speeds, you can watch series in streaming without suffering buffering.

Nachteile: Change and hide my ip works perfectly, the problem is that it consumes a lot of ram, which is understandable but if they could make it more accessible for low-resource machines, it would be much better because it would be even more accessible

Fairly good application.

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Associate Business Analyst
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Is a good application to run country specific applications and websites. Look forward for new updates.

Vorteile: Had many features like: Protecting from malicious websites
Blocks ads
Has virtual servers to connect to many countries
Data compression
Prevents online tracking

Nachteile: Some time the servers don’t work and shows network errors while using.
A lot of location specific services don’t work well with specific country settings.

CGV protects

Bewertet am 19.2.2020
Casscilla C.
Freelancer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My overall experience with THIS siftwsre is great I see no nred to change to any other this dies all that I need at a price I can afford.

Vorteile: I like the platform layout.It has very easy instructions to follow. Using this,type of software is key for keeping you safeon the internet.I like how reasonable the price of the is,as well. For the price and the protection you get its worth a try.

Nachteile: Nothing bad to say sbout this software.It gives complete protection.

Cyber Ghost

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Shain A.
Support Executive

Vorteile: It creates encoded tunnel between your device. Cyber ghost VPN and keeps online activity hidden. It play a safe guard role when you use public networks like in restaurants, airport etc. It doesn't maintain a log so one can not be tracked by hackers.

Nachteile: You can't share it with your family like other VPN apps because of 7 device limit.