Über Drake Tax

Beschleunige die Verarbeitung und Vorbereitung von Steuererklärungen mit Echtzeit-Prozessverfolgung, Terminplanung und Kommunikationstools.

Erfahre mehr über Drake Tax

Limitation on some business type returns and complex features.

Bewertungen zu Drake Tax

3,9
3,9

Drake Tax hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 94 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Drake Tax bereits verwendet?

Wray
Wray
PRESIDENT in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best value for tax preparation software and you cannot beat the customer service

Kommentare: We love it. The people who say it is not a complete or accurate product are most likely just not as knowledgeable about tax preparation. We did some fairly complex returns to compare our previous software the Drake and Drake actually was more accurate than our former software. Drake does not however offer the same level of diagnostics and guidance for input as the other software. That is not a problem if you understand tax forms, but could be a challenge for someone who depends on the software to guide them.

The price and customer service. The software works so much better than prior tax preparation options we have used and it is 1/2 to 1/3 the price.

The software is not designed for inexperienced tax preparers. All of our staff are experienced preparers, but I would be hesitant to throw a new person into a complex return with Drake as it does not do much hand holding like many of the other more expensive platforms.

Kevin

E-Signature limitations

Kommentare: Drake is continually improving their product and that is an important goal. The price of an annual subscription isn't cheap but there is entrance pricing for new offices. Drake Tax Software is in my opinion so much better than many other high priced solutions. The customer service is simply great.

Great customer service, fairly easy to use and administer, diagnostic feedback and information is very helpful. Portals allows me to work with my remote clients efficiently but there are some key limitations.

Portals remote e-signature is very helpful in most cases. However, in the case were the surviving spouse needs to sign in both places Portals falls down. It will not allow the surviving spouse to sign the return despite have death certificate and letter of testamentary. That is ridiculous and mind-numbingly stupid.

Thomas
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Drake is OK for the price but has flaws and the product support doesn't live up to prior reputation

Kommentare: I tried Drake tax because I received sales calls at least 4 days a week for over a year....so I figured I'd try the PPR version. I also tried it because Drake had a superior reputation for product/customer support (i.e., when something may not appear to report correctly, they respond and address it if so). That may have been true at some point, but I haven't found it so. As a new user, over the course of about 18 months, I contacted Drake maybe 5 times about an issue with either Drake Tax or Drake Portals. In most cases, the first point of contact didn't really understand the issue (which is OK). But, I hardly ever received any callback response from anyone who could respond to the issue (after being told I would). So, as far as I am concerned, Drake has no more support or concern about potential reporting issues than any other competitor (which is generally none). As long as that's the case, it seems better to go with a tax prep software that gets reporting right more often than not, such as Prosystem, Proconnect, or Ultratax if you can afford it.

For the money, Drake Tax offers more value compared to competitors. It's certainly not the worst. If you can't afford a more robust solution like Ultratax, Prosystem, or Lacerte, and you don't do terribly complex returns, Drake is a reasonable choice, and the Drake portal integration is pretty serviceable. The asset manager in Drake Tax is one of the best I've used, and handles group/bulk sales quite nicely. The built in integration with a document manager which automatically creates client folder structures when a new client is added is also handy.

Allocating things between states in Drake can be cumbersome, making you create a separate tab for each state rather than allocating in a grid, etc. Certain things do not flow correctly to the return without substantial preparer oversight or adjustment. State specific codes or items, vacation home loss carryovers, QBI reporting, PY basis losses reporting on Sch E among others. Product/Customer support has historically had a good reputation, but I've certainly found the opposite to be true. I've found no more concern for product support and customer inquiries than any other platform, which takes away a big reason for considering Drake in the first place.

Maribeth
Income Tax Return Preparation Coordinator in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A fantastic tax return prep program.

Kommentare: Drake makes it easy for our staff, at any level, to do their job with confidence. With its built in error messages and data validation features it is a great program.

Drake helps us optimize the time spent on each return because the built in compliance features and warnings gives us confidence that we are thorough with each return. The Gruntworx feature is a game changer, allowing us to minimize data entry needs.

My only issue is with the updates process. Obviously, real time changes make them necessary, however I am often the first person in and when I access Drake it requires all users are logged out. Because we are a small office it is easy enough to do but I can't imagine how that would affect a larger firm.

Gavin
CPA in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great value for smaller firms

Kommentare: Overall we have been happy with Drake for several years now. We looked at some alternatives this summer in response to the issues our clients had with the esignature process but ultimately determined Drake was still the right fit and we found another solution for the esignatures.

Drake is a very affordable tax preparation software that doesn't nickel and dime you for every feature. Most other software charges you extra for additional states. Drake runs quickly and covers our needs for tax preparation.

The biggest drawback for Drake is the esignature process through Drake Portals. The system is not user friendly and many of our clients had difficulty completing the process or didn't receive clear communication once they did complete it that they were done.

Frank
Resident in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Drake uses programmers not tax professionals to design their product

Kommentare: poorly trained staff but very friendly, unless u ask for their supervisor.
I have been in calls w support for over an hour until I say “ u don’t know this do u?” When they answer in the affirmative you know they have staffing problems and they re trying to protect their managers from pirate clients

They are nice on the phone The portals work well n efficient

Their support staff is mostly untrained each year You must ask if the person u r talking to has been trained in the area u need help with Drake software folk cannot understand why, when a new user to their product, questions why Drake doesn’t flow information well between screens n forms Depending on whom u speak with - I have gotten “ that won’t work” when in fact management tells me- oh that is simple Staff does not understand their own software beyond the basics

Patricia
OWNER in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Drake Software

Kommentare: I like the fact that the information rolls over from prior year. I can file personal and business returns. After the tax season, returns are free.

Pricing, if I don't want the unlimited, I order 10 return submissions then add as I need. State filing is included.

Not enough educational videos for training

Brytwauna
Brytwauna
Ceo in USA

Upgrade to corporate

Kommentare: Drake is the best option when you’re trying to be the Elma secure in your tax practice when I attended an IRS conference. This is the only one that they suggested as all the other Tax software had breaches.

what I like most about Drake and he does everything and anything you don’t have to have different software or different cloudbase options compared to other sites. It’s kind of like a one stop shop.

What I dislike about Drake the most is the fee are the cost

owner in USA

Tax Practice Review

Drake Tax Software relatively inexpensive and easy to use for small businesses such as ours. Support for the Tax Software ok if you get the right customer service representative.

Drake's securefilepro is a disaster. It is extremely slow and very difficult for users to use. Support is nonexistent. Management could use a refresher course in customer service.

Unacceptable product

Kommentare: I wanted to lower my costs so I switched from the CS professional suite. The first year was extremely painful to change, and coming into my second year, I can't file returns because their product is not complete, and all the support team can offer is "that they are doing the best they can."

It is cheap. Efile tracking is simple. The data entry is relatively straight forward.

The support is terrible. It is hit or miss that you are going to get someone that actually can help you resolve your problem. For the 2018 tax season, as of mid-February there were still state forms "under development." Other software companies are able to file state and federal both, while Drake is delayed and still developing its product. State apportionment is a HUGE pain.

Leonardo

The Best Tax Softwere ever

Kommentare: Like a good perfume !

Excellent customer service Beautiful people Friendly Softwere Cheap however better the CCH

In my 7 years using this Softwere I have never found any Cons yet

LeAnn

We are more profitable with Drake Tax

Kommentare: We have been able to be much more efficient with Drake Tax and have been happy to get our profits up by reducing all of the costs of our other software.

Drake Tax is easy to implement, user friendly, and very cost effective. We were using another tax software and the base cost was much higher and then we were always spending more money every month on special authorizations and e-file fees. Our costs were out of control. With Drake there is one annual fee and nothing else all year. And that fee covers all of our installations, every type of return, and all e-file fees, there are no hidden costs and no extras.

There have been just a few times over the years where there was a statement or a form that I needed to include that the software did not produce. In those few cases though I just prepared the statement and attached it as a PDF to the return before e-filing, so, it was not a big deal.

Joel
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Drake is so easy to learn and use

Kommentare: I have had it for over 3 years now. I have shopped for software but everything else is so expensive. Between the price, easy of use, and the customer support, I am not sure you can find a better deal.

Drake is easy to learn and use. The ramp-up time is so short. The customer support is so good and can walk you through just about anything.

There is nothing to dislike about this software.

Calvin

I switched to MyTaxPrep Office and can't wait to switch back to Drake

Kommentare: Love it! I made the terrible decision to switch to MyTaxPrepOffice and now really appreciate the accuracy of Drake. I will definitely be switching back!

It is accurate! I don't have to check every number to make sure that the calculations are correct and that they flow to the right place.

I wish it had a live form view. I switched to MyTaxPrepOffice and it is horribly inaccurate (I will be switching back) but it has a great live form view which allows me to watch the form fill out of my second monitor as I input the data.

Susan

AVOID Drake

Kommentare: Unpleasant, I was falsely told that I had more time to evaluate the product after purchase then I actually did so when I asked for a refund (no returns were filed) I was denied. Basically I was stuck paying for a cheap, inefficient program I won't use that would have cost me much more time to make sure everything was calculating right. Very disappointed.

Cost is the only pro for the program. I find the low cost doesn't make up for the shortcomings.

Navigation is cumbersome with multiple inputs needed for some tasks and other screens are hidden and have to be searched for so entries can be made and then some of the input screens are very limited. The program is quirky and inconsistent which did not lend itself to confidence in it and the interface was not efficient except for the most basic of returns. Some may find the shortcomings acceptable for a higher profit margin but I do not.

Carolyn

Tax Preparation

The customer service and ease of use of software. The customer service department is awesome and you do not have to wait more than 2 minutes to speak with an agent.

Secure File Pro-had an oversight with payment. When I did pay, it created a new portal that wrote over my existing portal. I lost 7 years of tax docs for client who uploaded directly in the portal.It would have been helpful if there was astern that this could occur before submitting payment.

Reg
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

I now know why this software is so cheap

Kommentare: Not working anywhere close to how it shouldOnly seeming advantage is price, but that is exponentially vanishing as my time is wasted trying to get it to work as it should.

So far nothing. The conversion from Ultratax does not work as it should.No basis converted for 1065 & 1120S returns.Has not converted asset information.

Has not successfully imported my asset data from Untratax, and customer support can not figure out whu

Katelyn
Bookkeeper in USA

Drake

The features stay consistent from year to year so it is easy to transaction between years.

When updates happen they are automatically done in the software. If you didn't have a physical copy printed out, it would be hard to answer why the IRS did an adjustment to a client's taxes due to a tax law change.

Marshall
EA in USA
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

EA Tax Prep

Kommentare: Great have used it for over a decade

Amount of forms ease of use and price customer service [SENSITIVE CONTENT] values

parts of system not flexible needs to allow more run for professionals to act professional

serious user

Kommentare: The Drake support and sales staff were very accomodating

The Telephone Support. The depth of the tax product was super

The Accounting program was not developed deep enough

Jeffrey
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Lot's of problems with converted files

Kommentare: So far, I'm worried that I'll have to manually do each return to be sure Drake is doing things correctly.

At present, I'm worried. The customer service is prompt and very helpful.

Can't see what the results for entries are without going through the steps to view the return, a waste of time and needless works. To many black boxes, can't find out where the numbers come from. Problems with MA wages for gov't employees and estimated tax payments can't be self computed or rounded no am I certain they can be e-filed. K-1 inputs should have the same entries as the K-1 forms. MA part-year resident returns are not properly prepared. Not as easy to use as the tax form filled programs

Julia
Finance Director in USA

Expensive and poor quality

Kommentare: Poor customer service

So far nothing good out of Drake will not purchase again.

One of your customer representative gave incorrect data to our company. We lost money on 3 returns due to incorrect info. provided to us. Highly disappointed with customer service and we were told those 3 returns are non refundable. We lost money with Drake.

Sarah

Drake Tax

The software is inexpensive and a great value for the price.

Limitation on some business type returns and complex features. Depreciation/Fixed Assets side could be better.

Ashia

Drake

The low cost is amazing. it is also very user friendly.

Foreign Related Returns greatly needs to be improved.

Naomi

Simple to Compex

The price and ease of learning the program

Can't think of anything I don't like, lol