Über Drake Tax

Beschleunige die Verarbeitung und Vorbereitung von Steuererklärungen mit Echtzeit-Prozessverfolgung, Terminplanung und Kommunikationstools.

Erfahre mehr über Drake Tax

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Drake Tax bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Wray R.
Wray R.
PRESIDENT in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best value for tax preparation software and you cannot beat the customer service

Kommentare: We love it. The people who say it is not a complete or accurate product are most likely just not as knowledgeable about tax preparation. We did some fairly complex returns to compare our previous software the Drake and Drake actually was more accurate than our former software. Drake does not however offer the same level of diagnostics and guidance for input as the other software. That is not a problem if you understand tax forms, but could be a challenge for someone who depends on the software to guide them.

The price and customer service. The software works so much better than prior tax preparation options we have used and it is 1/2 to 1/3 the price.

The software is not designed for inexperienced tax preparers. All of our staff are experienced preparers, but I would be hesitant to throw a new person into a complex return with Drake as it does not do much hand holding like many of the other more expensive platforms.

Leonardo F.

The Best Tax Softwere ever

Kommentare: Like a good perfume !

Excellent customer service Beautiful people Friendly Softwere Cheap however better the CCH

In my 7 years using this Softwere I have never found any Cons yet

Allan B.

Great with Admin and Support

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: We have used Drake for years. Would love to be able to take a full-view webinar of everything the program offers. With the exception of one tax season, they have been reliable and foremost - easy to administer.

Drake's people answer the phone within a few rings and speak Americanized English. Their admin function is best we have seen; fast and easy

This appears to be a DOS-based program modified for Windows use. We have used other tax software that allows you to input the info directly into the tax form, instead of hunting through a bunch of Dos-looking screens to find the place to input info. Also - amazingly, Drake does not offer Refund or Owed updates as you input info. The learning curve due to the various Dos screens add to the length of time to implement with a new user

Greg N.
Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Company ignores functionality problems and does not timely fix systems when down

Kommentare: It was good before the recent release of SecureFilePro but the company has miserably failed in their commitment to their customers and does not have the courtesy and commitment to address these real deficienciencies in the functionality of their software. If they cared about their customers, product and image they would have been on the phone immediately trying to understand the issues raised and how they make it impossible to work efficiently. Contact me at [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] if you care Drake.

The tax software has been easy to use and generally support on it has been good

Their SecureFilePro release just prior to tax season is a complete disaster and company is not taking steps to fix the problems. System times out every 8 minutes (they refuse to lengthen the time-out period and continually state this is they way it is going to stay), their authentication on login is now taking as much as 27 minutes to get a security code to login, when you download a JPG or DOCX document it tries to open it in Excel, they converted the tax IDs used for login from 4 digits to 9 so now clients cannot login and when their system uploads documents it creates a duplicate site for the 9 digit id, navigation now takes multiple clicks to get to desired page where before it took one or two clicks. The company is unwilling to put someone on the phone to address these issues as they have made it impractical to use. The time-out settings are absurd and make it impossible to use the product as a tool to prepare tax returns.

Katelyn H.
Bookkeeper in USA

Drake

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The features stay consistent from year to year so it is easy to transaction between years.

When updates happen they are automatically done in the software. If you didn't have a physical copy printed out, it would be hard to answer why the IRS did an adjustment to a client's taxes due to a tax law change.

Leann J.

We are more profitable with Drake Tax

Kommentare: We have been able to be much more efficient with Drake Tax and have been happy to get our profits up by reducing all of the costs of our other software.

Drake Tax is easy to implement, user friendly, and very cost effective. We were using another tax software and the base cost was much higher and then we were always spending more money every month on special authorizations and e-file fees. Our costs were out of control. With Drake there is one annual fee and nothing else all year. And that fee covers all of our installations, every type of return, and all e-file fees, there are no hidden costs and no extras.

There have been just a few times over the years where there was a statement or a form that I needed to include that the software did not produce. In those few cases though I just prepared the statement and attached it as a PDF to the return before e-filing, so, it was not a big deal.

Emily P.
Emily P.
Tax Associate in USA
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Best customer service

Kommentare: Switching to drake software was a pretty easy switch. I quickly learned the software.

Drake is very straightforward compared to other tax softwares I have used. The best part is that if I ever have an issue or question their customer service responds right away!

Overall this software is great. When I do have problems the company helps very quickly. Their knowledge base is really helpful too.

David L.

Great Software for the Money

I left my company to start my own tax practice and decided on Drake because of the what it could do for the cost. I was previously using UltraTax which is a great software but compared to price this made sense. It does everything I need it to but at a fraction of the cost. It's super easy to set up. UltraTax was better hands down with the exception of the tax projection in Drake. Drake's tax projection is better than UltraTax for individuals. Also, Drake's customer support is better in that I could get through to someone during tax season very quickly. I don't plan on switching tax software anytime in the near future.

If filing a business in multiple states and then making sure the income on the personal is correctly allocated to each state was a pain. It's not to bad with a couple states but 5+ states plan on spending extra time just getting the software to do what you need it to do.

Debi C.
owner in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Drake is the best in the industry

Kommentare: My experience with Drake has been great I have used their software for 20 years now. I appreciate the values they stand for.

Easy to use options of cloud or desktop based. Easy set up. Customer support is absolutely the best.

They have had a few issues with the cloud but have fixed it and offered a credit for the time down. There is really nothing I don't like about the software. I love Drake.

Sireen Z.
Tax assistant in USA

Easy and straightforward

5 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Highly recommend

I like how simple it is to use Drake and to train new employees. It is a very straightforward software and simple to use.

Honestly this is a great softwares and I don’t have any negative feedback on it.

Kenneth O.
PRINCIPAL in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Once you're up to speed it's a great cost effective product!

Kommentare: I've got 15 returns in progress at the moment (990, 1120S/H, 1040, 1041), and now know where to find the entry points for the data I need. When you calculate and view the return the program spits out notes on what is wrong and tells you how and where to fix things. You can print right to the portal so client communication is great. There are multi prepared, billing, and client management functionality I don't need and can't comment on. Once you're up the learning curve you are in an excellent cost effective tax return package!

I was a long time ATX user and do only a small number of returns yearly in my private practice. The yearly cost kept going up and up and my sales person was unresponsive to my cost concerns. Drake has an ATX conversion program which I tried on 2019 and it brought over some large asset lists correctly so I took the plunge. I also bought Drake's portal software and will end up spending less than half of what I spent on ATX without the ATX portal. There are lots of video tutorials and an nice set of help functionality. Usually I just played with entries until I got the tax form to be right and that was how I learned the program. The Support is GREAT. A real person answered the phone instantly(!), and they knew what they were doing.

I've used TaxSlayer, TurboTax, and ATX. ATX's big advantage is you can click on a form and go directly to the input screens and it is in general more user friendly. I learned Tax Slayer last year as an AARP Tax Aide Volunteer. With Drake there was a tougher learning curve than Tax Slayer to figure out where and how to enter data and how the program thinks with the override entries, but once you get the hang of things it becomes straight forward. There is a search bar at the bottom of the main screen which is often helpful pulling up the correct data entry screen.

Achol R.
it specialist in Ägypten

Drake is great !!

Drake is software is really so easy to use, I been working on this software for about 2.5 years now, the most I like about it, is that all the tax forms are included, very easy to navigate around the software, in the calc window its shows you almost everything , if the return is eligible for E-filing, all the errors that need to be clear, the fees, the refund or the balance due, if there are any notes before E-filing it will show you so that you can go check that, I can even Email the returns to the taxpayer, I can use the signature pad, if the return got rejected for any reason it shows you exactly what's wrong, in order for you to resolve and resubmit , I can even set limited access to other tax preparers and adjust all that ... Drake is great, so recommended

what I really need on the software to support the remote signature ,other than that all good.

Branding Manager in USA

Amazing Customer Support

Kommentare: Great software overall. Occasionally there's bugs (on state and local) but those tend to be resolved quickly once Drake is notified

If you ever get stuck on a complicated tax return their customer service line is always a great help. I've never had to wait more than 5 minuets on hold and they usually answer in under a minuet. There's options for you to send the tax return to the customer support specialist securely so they can look at exactly what you are. If the problem was especially complicated, they would get back within the week.

The software looks a little dated. Switching between screens is not intuitive and the screens don't always match up with the forms on the tax returns. There's less accuracy on the state levels and even less on local.

Rich S.
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Good but not great

4 letztes Jahr

I like the fact that Drake is not too expensive and it is easy to learn most of the software.

The company does not do a great job of fixing bugs and issues quickly and their customer support team is a mishmash of very talented people and some very new and inexperienced people. Wish we could give feedback after a support call or have a specific team to answer my questions.

Staff Accountant in USA

Drake Software Review

Kommentare: Drake tax for its value was one of the easiest tax softwares to navigate. It heightened efficiency and is great all around.

The software itself is very easy to follow along with a tax return. Like things are located on each tab which allows for high efficiency. If there are any questions the customer support is very very helpful.

Needs to update items that carryforoward a little better

Irmita T.
CSR in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Drake Tax

Kommentare: I have used Drake Tax software for over 5 years now and I like how easy everything is. If I have any questions for the most part each tab has links that will take you directly to a video that explains it all.

I like that I can merge clients information from the previous year.

Having to add each state when setting up the software. All states should be added automatically.

Brett C.
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

This product is terrible - DO NOT BUY

Kommentare: This is a terrible product. Preparing returns takes a lot longer with Drake than it did with Pro Series.

The customer service people speak english.

I think I could do returns more effectively with an excel workbook. This software is very difficult to use and unable to handle complex business returns. In pro-series when you receive an error message Pro Series provide a link to the issue. Drake simply says "error on schedule..." Drake does not explain the error and at times Drake references a form that is not even available on the Drake software. Additionally, when you convert Pro Series accounts to Drake, Drake does not transfer all of the information so you have to review the forms to determine if the correct data was transferred. You might as well reenter all of the data if you have to go in and fix it. The sales person pulled a bait and switch telling me that payroll products were included for a flat fee and then charged me for the payroll product and told me she made a mistake. When I make a mistake I acknowledge it and take care of the issue on my dime. Not Drake, they put it on the client. Drake also has a no refund policy after December 31. I do not know any tax preparers that would be using their 2019 tax preparation software before 12/31/2019. I suppose if I made such a poor product I would also limit the ability for customers to return it. Honestly if I wasn't so busy I would file suit for the refund of the price just because it infuriates me to be scammed like this. Maybe this summer my schedule will open up and I will do so.

Walter P.
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

NOT FOR TAX PROFESSIONALS

Costs; easy to update yearly; efiling is accurate and timely.

Tech support is hit or miss depending on what person you get. I have dealt with clearly untrained support reps throughout the years. If you are a tax professional with a substantial number of clients, I would NOT recommend this software. Drake will not work with you at all regarding the default selections and the program is very limited when it comes to customizing it for a larger practice. Even when we point out obvious coding errors, many of them are never corrected despite repeated calls and emails to their support. Every year they seem to get worse. They really do not seem to care about the concerns and feedback of their customers. The only reason we have not changed from Drake is the investment in time it takes to change platforms. Moving thousands of clients requires a substantial investment of time even with the conversion softwares provided by other platforms. Maybe that is why Drake seems to care less for the concerns of their customers.

James R.
Tax preparer in USA

Great software

Kommentare: My overall experience with Drake tax is amazin and I recommend it highly

Drake tax is a great software that is affordable and really easy to use. They have the best support for customers as well.

With Drake tax there really is nothing bad to say. If there is a problem that arises they fix it asap.

Client Care Specialist in USA

Drake is user friendly and we highly recommend it to all tax professionals.

Kommentare: We are able to prepare tax returns for all of our clients using Drake.

We love the ease of use and they have great customer service. Love that we can always call if we have any questions.

There's nothing I can think of that we don't like. I've easily trained other co-workers to use it without a problem.

Jeffrey H.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Lot's of problems with converted files

Kommentare: So far, I'm worried that I'll have to manually do each return to be sure Drake is doing things correctly.

At present, I'm worried. The customer service is prompt and very helpful.

Can't see what the results for entries are without going through the steps to view the return, a waste of time and needless works. To many black boxes, can't find out where the numbers come from. Problems with MA wages for gov't employees and estimated tax payments can't be self computed or rounded no am I certain they can be e-filed. K-1 inputs should have the same entries as the K-1 forms. MA part-year resident returns are not properly prepared. Not as easy to use as the tax form filled programs

Tax Preparer in USA
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Tax Preparation Software

Extremely simple data entry with the option of choosing by form entry (W-2, 1099, etc) or by line tax forms. Once information is entered (such as an employer EIN) the data is automatically pulled on future returns for other clients.

Only lacking is some information from prior years' returns did not pull forward requiring diligence for returning clients to ensure all information was correct.

Tina T.

Income Tax Software Review

Kommentare: I have used Drake software for several years and have been very pleased with both the software and their customer support.

Extremely user friendly, easy to navigate between screens and excellent customer support team.

I do not have any complaints about the product.

Devonna L.
Devonna L.
Tax Specialist in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great software for beginners

Kommentare: My overall experience was ok, Drake Tax gets the job gone accurately.

The ease of use during the first time. I like how easy it is to check clients refund status.

Sometimes the customer service wait can be lengthy. Check printing process can also run a lot smoother. Clients will have acknowledgement what we would have there refund before the software updated us.

Gina H.
Office Assistant in USA

Drake Tax 2017

Easy to navigate and use. All client information was saved and available in an easy to read format. Inputting information was quick and easy to save.

Updating/rolling over to the new year. Took a couple minutes.