Über Drake Tax

Beschleunige die Verarbeitung und Vorbereitung von Steuererklärungen mit Echtzeit-Prozessverfolgung, Terminplanung und Kommunikationstools.

Erfahre mehr über Drake Tax

The diagnostics are not user friendly, and are only designed to fix the most basic problems.

Bewertungen zu Drake Tax

3,9
3,9

Drake Tax hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 90 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Drake Tax bereits verwendet?

Wray
Wray
PRESIDENT in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best value for tax preparation software and you cannot beat the customer service

Kommentare: We love it. The people who say it is not a complete or accurate product are most likely just not as knowledgeable about tax preparation. We did some fairly complex returns to compare our previous software the Drake and Drake actually was more accurate than our former software. Drake does not however offer the same level of diagnostics and guidance for input as the other software. That is not a problem if you understand tax forms, but could be a challenge for someone who depends on the software to guide them.

The price and customer service. The software works so much better than prior tax preparation options we have used and it is 1/2 to 1/3 the price.

The software is not designed for inexperienced tax preparers. All of our staff are experienced preparers, but I would be hesitant to throw a new person into a complex return with Drake as it does not do much hand holding like many of the other more expensive platforms.

Kevin

E-Signature limitations

Kommentare: Drake is continually improving their product and that is an important goal. The price of an annual subscription isn't cheap but there is entrance pricing for new offices. Drake Tax Software is in my opinion so much better than many other high priced solutions. The customer service is simply great.

Great customer service, fairly easy to use and administer, diagnostic feedback and information is very helpful. Portals allows me to work with my remote clients efficiently but there are some key limitations.

Portals remote e-signature is very helpful in most cases. However, in the case were the surviving spouse needs to sign in both places Portals falls down. It will not allow the surviving spouse to sign the return despite have death certificate and letter of testamentary. That is ridiculous and mind-numbingly stupid.

Thomas
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Drake is OK for the price but has flaws and the product support doesn't live up to prior reputation

Kommentare: I tried Drake tax because I received sales calls at least 4 days a week for over a year....so I figured I'd try the PPR version. I also tried it because Drake had a superior reputation for product/customer support (i.e., when something may not appear to report correctly, they respond and address it if so). That may have been true at some point, but I haven't found it so. As a new user, over the course of about 18 months, I contacted Drake maybe 5 times about an issue with either Drake Tax or Drake Portals. In most cases, the first point of contact didn't really understand the issue (which is OK). But, I hardly ever received any callback response from anyone who could respond to the issue (after being told I would). So, as far as I am concerned, Drake has no more support or concern about potential reporting issues than any other competitor (which is generally none). As long as that's the case, it seems better to go with a tax prep software that gets reporting right more often than not, such as Prosystem, Proconnect, or Ultratax if you can afford it.

For the money, Drake Tax offers more value compared to competitors. It's certainly not the worst. If you can't afford a more robust solution like Ultratax, Prosystem, or Lacerte, and you don't do terribly complex returns, Drake is a reasonable choice, and the Drake portal integration is pretty serviceable. The asset manager in Drake Tax is one of the best I've used, and handles group/bulk sales quite nicely. The built in integration with a document manager which automatically creates client folder structures when a new client is added is also handy.

Allocating things between states in Drake can be cumbersome, making you create a separate tab for each state rather than allocating in a grid, etc. Certain things do not flow correctly to the return without substantial preparer oversight or adjustment. State specific codes or items, vacation home loss carryovers, QBI reporting, PY basis losses reporting on Sch E among others. Product/Customer support has historically had a good reputation, but I've certainly found the opposite to be true. I've found no more concern for product support and customer inquiries than any other platform, which takes away a big reason for considering Drake in the first place.

CHORY

GREAT VALUE.

Kommentare: It takes some time to dive it. It would be the best value product once you get used to it.

Its price is unbeatable. At this pricing point, it's impossible to find a comparable product.

UI is not particularly user-friendly. It appears to be a product from 1990.

Marie Alana
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Drake is a best in class tax preparation software.

Kommentare: Overall, very good. I'll be very sad if I need to leave them to find a better cloud-based tax software.

I've been using Drake for over 10 years for tax prep. The pay-per-return was a fabulous price for when my practice was very small. Now that I have nearly 200 tax returns, I use the unlimited version and it's priced much better than comparable tax prep software. And their customer service over the years has been amazing. I've used several other tax software programs over the years and so far, this is the best.

The ONLY thing I find frustrating with Drake is the inability to work in the cloud without paying $100/mo per user for their hosting service (on top of the cost of the software). I have a remote accountant that would love to help enter tax data but I'd have to pay for all of the users in my office just to have the one remote accountant have access as well so it's not cost effective. They really need a cloud-based accounting option.

Gavin
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great value for smaller firms

Kommentare: Overall we have been happy with Drake for several years now. We looked at some alternatives this summer in response to the issues our clients had with the esignature process but ultimately determined Drake was still the right fit and we found another solution for the esignatures.

Drake is a very affordable tax preparation software that doesn't nickel and dime you for every feature. Most other software charges you extra for additional states. Drake runs quickly and covers our needs for tax preparation.

The biggest drawback for Drake is the esignature process through Drake Portals. The system is not user friendly and many of our clients had difficulty completing the process or didn't receive clear communication once they did complete it that they were done.

Patricia
OWNER in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Drake Software

Kommentare: I like the fact that the information rolls over from prior year. I can file personal and business returns. After the tax season, returns are free.

Pricing, if I don't want the unlimited, I order 10 return submissions then add as I need. State filing is included.

Not enough educational videos for training

Romaine

Form 8825 is manual

Kommentare: Use to be very good. Had very good technical with quick answers in customer service. That has totally gone downhill in the last 2 years. People answering the phone have no experience doing returns nor experience with the software. The software has many missing holes and if you don't know what you are doing as a preparer you will be sending out incorrect tax returns and the reviews do not pick up errors and there is nothing that tells you that the allocation of days on Form 8825 is manual - MANUAL!? WHAT?

The fact that data does not carry from federal to state, Form 8825 is manual for allocation of rental days to personal days and does not tell you that (how many returns have been efiled wrong?), Hard to trouble shoot, easy for a return to be wrong if you don't know what you are doing.

Form 8825 - rental property should not be manual for allocation of personal to rental days!!!

Unacceptable product

Kommentare: I wanted to lower my costs so I switched from the CS professional suite. The first year was extremely painful to change, and coming into my second year, I can't file returns because their product is not complete, and all the support team can offer is "that they are doing the best they can."

It is cheap. Efile tracking is simple. The data entry is relatively straight forward.

The support is terrible. It is hit or miss that you are going to get someone that actually can help you resolve your problem. For the 2018 tax season, as of mid-February there were still state forms "under development." Other software companies are able to file state and federal both, while Drake is delayed and still developing its product. State apportionment is a HUGE pain.

Internet, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Drake Tax

Kommentare: Good experience. Not great, but not too bad after all.

The software isn't hard to use, the user-interface looks fancy, and the customer support is great and responsive.

The lack of support for external gadgets like scanners. in addition to that , it lacks remote access possibilities like remote-signatures, and mobile apps that taxpayers can use to submit their data to the tax-preparers without sending them any physical copies. The user interface isn't hard, however it needs to be simplified a little.

LeAnn
President in USA

We are more profitable with Drake Tax

Kommentare: We have been able to be much more efficient with Drake Tax and have been happy to get our profits up by reducing all of the costs of our other software.

Drake Tax is easy to implement, user friendly, and very cost effective. We were using another tax software and the base cost was much higher and then we were always spending more money every month on special authorizations and e-file fees. Our costs were out of control. With Drake there is one annual fee and nothing else all year. And that fee covers all of our installations, every type of return, and all e-file fees, there are no hidden costs and no extras.

There have been just a few times over the years where there was a statement or a form that I needed to include that the software did not produce. In those few cases though I just prepared the statement and attached it as a PDF to the return before e-filing, so, it was not a big deal.

WALTER
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

NOT FOR TAX PROFESSIONALS

Costs; easy to update yearly; efiling is accurate and timely.

Tech support is hit or miss depending on what person you get. I have dealt with clearly untrained support reps throughout the years. If you are a tax professional with a substantial number of clients, I would NOT recommend this software. Drake will not work with you at all regarding the default selections and the program is very limited when it comes to customizing it for a larger practice. Even when we point out obvious coding errors, many of them are never corrected despite repeated calls and emails to their support. Every year they seem to get worse. They really do not seem to care about the concerns and feedback of their customers. The only reason we have not changed from Drake is the investment in time it takes to change platforms. Moving thousands of clients requires a substantial investment of time even with the conversion softwares provided by other platforms. Maybe that is why Drake seems to care less for the concerns of their customers.

achol
it specialist in Ägypten
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Drake is great !!

Drake is software is really so easy to use, I been working on this software for about 2.5 years now, the most I like about it, is that all the tax forms are included, very easy to navigate around the software, in the calc window its shows you almost everything , if the return is eligible for E-filing, all the errors that need to be clear, the fees, the refund or the balance due, if there are any notes before E-filing it will show you so that you can go check that, I can even Email the returns to the taxpayer, I can use the signature pad, if the return got rejected for any reason it shows you exactly what's wrong, in order for you to resolve and resubmit , I can even set limited access to other tax preparers and adjust all that ... Drake is great, so recommended

what I really need on the software to support the remote signature ,other than that all good.

June
owner in USA

Software for Small Company

Kommentare: Drake has outstanding customer service -always has. I like that when you call you get a live person and not voice prompts. If someone is thinking about purchasing a tax software program, you need to seriously consider Drake.

I have used this software for over 12 years. A few years ago, I opened my own practice and Drake was by far the least expensive program out there. Since I had already been using the software, the transition to my own company was easy. I didn't have to worry about the learning curve of knowing the software and it was easy to setup and start by business.

I opted to include Drake Accounting in my package, but feel that the Accounting program isn't as easy to accommodate as the tax program is. But I have still used it for the w-2 and 1099 and it seems to get what I need done.

Susan

AVOID Drake

Kommentare: Unpleasant, I was falsely told that I had more time to evaluate the product after purchase then I actually did so when I asked for a refund (no returns were filed) I was denied. Basically I was stuck paying for a cheap, inefficient program I won't use that would have cost me much more time to make sure everything was calculating right. Very disappointed.

Cost is the only pro for the program. I find the low cost doesn't make up for the shortcomings.

Navigation is cumbersome with multiple inputs needed for some tasks and other screens are hidden and have to be searched for so entries can be made and then some of the input screens are very limited. The program is quirky and inconsistent which did not lend itself to confidence in it and the interface was not efficient except for the most basic of returns. Some may find the shortcomings acceptable for a higher profit margin but I do not.

Carolyn

Tax Preparation

The customer service and ease of use of software. The customer service department is awesome and you do not have to wait more than 2 minutes to speak with an agent.

Secure File Pro-had an oversight with payment. When I did pay, it created a new portal that wrote over my existing portal. I lost 7 years of tax docs for client who uploaded directly in the portal.It would have been helpful if there was astern that this could occur before submitting payment.

Jeffrey
President in USA

Look no further than Drake

Kommentare: I switched to Drake in 2006 and will
Never change again. Customer service is great and the software continues to offer everything I need to stay current and keep up to date.

Software is easy to install, easy entry on all tabs and workflow integration is great.

I have no cons with Drake software. Best choice I made.

Irmita
CSR in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Drake Tax

Kommentare: I have used Drake Tax software for over 5 years now and I like how easy everything is. If I have any questions for the most part each tab has links that will take you directly to a video that explains it all.

I like that I can merge clients information from the previous year.

Having to add each state when setting up the software. All states should be added automatically.

Drake is user friendly and we highly recommend it to all tax professionals.

Kommentare: We are able to prepare tax returns for all of our clients using Drake.

We love the ease of use and they have great customer service. Love that we can always call if we have any questions.

There's nothing I can think of that we don't like. I've easily trained other co-workers to use it without a problem.

Sireen
Tax assistant in USA

Easy and straightforward

Kommentare: Highly recommend

I like how simple it is to use Drake and to train new employees. It is a very straightforward software and simple to use.

Honestly this is a great softwares and I don’t have any negative feedback on it.

Julia
Finance Director in USA

Expensive and poor quality

Kommentare: Poor customer service

So far nothing good out of Drake will not purchase again.

One of your customer representative gave incorrect data to our company. We lost money on 3 returns due to incorrect info. provided to us. Highly disappointed with customer service and we were told those 3 returns are non refundable. We lost money with Drake.

Gina
Office Assistant in USA

Drake Tax 2017

Easy to navigate and use. All client information was saved and available in an easy to read format. Inputting information was quick and easy to save.

Updating/rolling over to the new year. Took a couple minutes.

Ashia

Drake

The low cost is amazing. it is also very user friendly.

Foreign Related Returns greatly needs to be improved.

REBECCA

So Far So Good- bye bye Taxwise

Kommentare: Customer service picks up on the second ring every time I call!! (and that is a bunch)

The functionality of the software, and the fact that i can select what forms to print. NY forms are included!!

So far the only thing I do not like is that I am still not a pro at it! I have to continue to look at the cheat sheet for shortcuts.

Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Very Professional tax software with excellent customer support

Drake Tax makes an excellent very professional easy to learn tax software that is designed for the bigger tax preparation business locations. I have used it liked it, loved customer support. Great for doing many individual returns each year and great for doing business returns. Drake stays up on tax changes.

Cons: Drake pricing is higher than most tax softwares. It could be because they have probably the best customer care in the business when it is tax season and you are having a problem they help you fix it no matter what.