Benefits of Team Collaboration with Password Management

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Lucas B.
Co-founder and Entrepreneur
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My twin brother and I are entrepreneurs and have a venture studio. We partner with startup companies and help them build their businesses. Accordingly, we needed a solution where sharing of login credentials and secret notes worked smoothly with robust flexibility for managing user access. After using competing solutions, we realized team collaboration was not a core value of the other solutions. Fortunately, we discovered 1password and all of our desires have been fulfilled. While my brother and I both of our own private login credentials for various services, a vast majority of logins credentials are shared. We soon realized that sharing login credentials with our team members was a fundamental way we operated. 1password provides the best and most secure solution for sharing passwords with team members.

Vorteile: - Sharing and collaboration are key advantages to their solution while security is still a top priority. Any folder can be easily shared or unshared. Folders can be shared with team members and even a guest. - Flexibility in managing access to vaults. I can create vaults that are by default accessible by other administrators. Thus, I can give my twin brother (an administrator) immediate access when creating the vault. It is just as easy to uncheck the box to give other administrators access which turns the vault into a private one that I only have access to. - Managing user access for team members is easy and intuitive. Once the vault is created, you can click on the settings for the vault from the main dashboard and add team members to have access. Once access is granted to a vault, the team member gets immediate access. Team members don’t need to wait around for changes to propagate to their user’s access. - Editing and using login credential from the website is really easy. I enjoy how you can copy the pass with it being kept secret. Only when necessary, you can easily click a button to reveal the password. This makes it easier to collaborate with team members present while not compromising security.

Nachteile: - If you have a guest user, they can only have access to one vault. It doesn’t say this in the interface, but after a few times of trying to give a guest user access to a second vault and 1pass changing the access to the new vault only and removing access from the old one, I am pretty confident this is the intended functionality that isn’t apparent within their UI. - Unable to move an item from one vault to another. Instead, if you want to item an item from one vault to another, you need to create a new duplicate item in the new vault and then delete the old one.

Middle of the road software

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Simon B.
CTO

Kommentare: The features I paid for in 1Password became free in it’s competitors and they had more features. As a single user, finding the free version of another product beating the paid version of the product I am using was galling. I switched (even when offered the free subscription with another bundled product).
For small teams, this product was lacking so many of the features I needed

Vorteile: This was the clear (to me) leader in the field when I chose to replace the old solution I had fallen into many years back (when I was only concerned with windows desktop/laptops), and looked to a solution for Mac and mobile. As a single user it had all the features I needed.

Nachteile: It didn’t scale well to the use cases I had for multiple users or sharing. It didn’t get updated at the speed of other apps on mobile devices. It made it very hard to get my data back out of, to try competitors.

A Great Password Management Solution for Organisation of any size.

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Bhavik J.
Software Engineer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with 1Password has been very satisfying. The feature set is thorough for personal as well as business use. Also, the teams and business plans are very well priced and involves features like custom roles and groups to organise. Also, it includes an activity tracker which tracks user vault activities that help is better security and privacy.

Vorteile: The thing I liked the most about 1Password is its availability on most of the popular platforms. It is available on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and even on Linux. That helps a lot when you have an Organisation with different devices. Also, the user interface is very minimal and straightforward and easy to use. It also offers high end security solutions like 2 factor authentication and many others.

Nachteile: It is one those software where there aren't many things going against it. The only downside to this great app is the unavailability of a free plan. Also, options for sharing is not available in personal plans.

Does what it's supposed to, but transition between licensing formats is a headache for individuals

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Jeremy brand Y.
Copy and brand contractor

Kommentare: Upgraded security and privacy

Vorteile: 1Password is a solid password manager that's available pretty much everywhere. It's been my manager of choice for quite a while after my last job covered licenses for the whole company. In addition to passwords, it also manages identities and payment methods, which makes filling forms out a breeze. Since leaving that job, I went ahead and sprung for the individual license. Things have been fine up until recently, with their push to 1Password 7. They are clearly trying to move lifetime licensees to a monthly subscription, and it's breaking the software for me in critical ways.

Nachteile: Despite having a license, the Chrome extension still only runs in "read-only mode" i.e. completed nerfed password tool. Recent updates has made this significantly worse than other password managers on the market. I would have given up long ago had I not already paid for it. Here's an example: Want to create a 1Password account on desktop to sync and save passwords? First sign in on web! Oh, you'll need an account to sign in. Don't have an account? View this FAQ. The FAQ says, enter your secret key. Oh, the Mac version doesn't have a secret key? Looks like you have the wrong version! You need the membership, which costs a monthly fee. And, surprise, now your extension is in read only mode, hope you don't mind we took that away. I don't know if it's their weird decision to fork the Mac app store version from 1Password 6/7 (a move done to extract more money from monthly subscriptions, I'm sure), how they are handling the vault syncing with external services or WHAT, but this once solid tool is growing stale, fast.

von 1Password an 8.6.2018

Hi Jeremy Brand,

Thank you for reviewing 1Password!

I am sorry about the trouble with the Chrome extension. Please try to remove it and then install it using this link: https://1password.com/browsers

Let me know if that fixes the problem with the extension for you.

Thanks!

Bewertet am 21.1.2020
Bryan H.
Marketing Manager
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 1Password is awesome, secure, and reliable. It's a product that I will continue to recommend to friends, family, and business owners. The simplicity it will bring to your life (both work and personal) is truly incredible.

Vorteile: How would anyone survive without 1Password? 1Password not only makes it easier to capture logins, it's a central hub for all things security. There's peace of mind knowing that this information is easy to access, even while on the go. In a business setting, it's great to have vaults to share with your team.

Nachteile: At some point, 1Password moved to a subscription model. For cost purposes, I preferred that this used to be a one-and-done price. However, the cost is worth it for ongoing security and reliability.

Extremely good password management application

Bewertet am 7.11.2019
David c B.
Sr Member Of Technical Staff
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I have 100's of logins on many websites and tools. This allows me to have unique passwords on every site and keep myself safe.

Vorteile: The ability to have different password databases and have some shared with other members of the team is very useful.
Analysis of weak, expired, compromised, reused, expiring passwords is very valuable.
The ability to use this application across platforms is unparalleled.
Automatic option to fill-in web-site forms is very useful.

Nachteile: Sometimes the web page fill-in fails because the web site has some inconsistencies on the web page itself. While not an error of the 1Password application itself, it would be nice to have an instant feedback form to report sites with an issue. This would allow the developer to perhaps imporove the response for future visitors.

Can't function on my computer without it!

Bewertet am 21.11.2019
Ellane W.
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I can't remember when I first started using 1P, but it was at least 10 years ago. I paid a one-off fee and smugly continued using it without paying any extra even when they moved to a subscription model. I held off and held off…but eventually jumped on-board and paid the very reasonable fee. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Everything works so much better now, and I am very happy with the support they offer.

Vorteile: It's smart. It knows when to auto-fill my passwords, when to offer to save or update passwords, and when to keep out the way. It has a simple job to do, and it does it extremely well. When I bought a new laptop, I set it up from scratch and the first thing I set up was 1Password—it made setting up everything else very quick and efficient.

Nachteile: At first, things were confusing as I had several vaults and versions of 1Password. It didn't take long to find the documentation describing how to consolidate everything, so now it all works well. I wish I could figure out how to turn on fingerprint recognition for 1P 7 though; at the moment I'm having to enter my password each time I want to unlock it.

By far my favorite password manager

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Romina S.
Director of Operations
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 9/10 times it works perfectly. My team and I use it constantly

Vorteile: My favorite feature by far is the fact that you can add the 2 step verification to any log-in. This makes sharing SO much easier. I also like that you need a personal key to enter to a new computer.

Nachteile: In the mac aplication, the toggle doesn't always work. Sometimes it asks me to launch the chrome extension (which is already up), and it still doesn't work.

Super easy and effective

Bewertet am 21.10.2019
Blair P.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with 1Password has been excellent and I would highly recommend it to anyone. More apps that simplify a persons life and work are needed in our increasingly complex world.

Vorteile: Like most people I have the need for several passwords and this program makes is incredibly simple to keep track of them all. I was hesitant at first, but after a few days of use I grew to appreciate this app tremendously. Websites, services, apps, social media all require a password and each have their own idea of what a password should contain (letters, numbers, capitals, special characters) which can make it difficult to remember. This app simplifies all of that. It's easy to use, simple to learn and most of all it just works. I would highly recommend this app to anyone looking to simplify their passwords, save time and have one less thing they need to keep track of.

Nachteile: There really isn't anything about the software I don't like. It's simple to use, is aesthetically pleasing and effective. I can't think of anything I would change.

Best password manager out there!

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Mihail D.
Tech Lead
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: 10/10

Vorteile: Everything! All of the functionalities work flawlessly. Even with the beta releases, everything is as stable as it gets. As soon as there is something new (dark mode, new APIs, new major update), the team implements all the new functionality extremely quick with 0 bugs.

Nachteile: Can't think of anything. Every little details is with a thought. If I have to name 1 think that I don't like, it is that the mobile apps are a bit behind of functionality - e.g. there is no Related items section (Attach files, etc) in the mobile apps, but I can live with that.

Secure and reliable password storage solution

Bewertet am 2.1.2020
CTO
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used to just save my passwords using the browser save and autofill features, but I would inevitably use weaker passwords because I would use different versions of several passwords that I already knew. Now, my passwords are much more secure and each one is unique. I just have to always remember my primary vault password and with access to the 1Password app (through my computer or my phone), I can log into any site that I want. It was also extremely useful for our technical administration of our business because there are so many logins to be saved for our company accounts with all of the different platforms, and it is easy to share these from one user to another in order to give them access to all of our company accounts (for the other executives to have). This is made easy by 1Password by being able to divide my personal accounts into one vault and the main admin accounts for the company in a separate vault that can be shared with another user.

Vorteile: This is a very secure option for storing passwords, and it syncs well between my computer and my phone. It can also save credit card information to make filling out payment forms quicker, and to be able to save the latest company credit card to make any purchases. There are many other types of entries that you can save in 1Password too that we don't even yet take full advantage of (software licenses, bank accounts, etc.). It is also possible to create multiple vaults, so that you can have a company vault and your personal vault separated. The Google Chrome plugin works great too.

Nachteile: It sometimes takes longer to save a new login for a new website because the password creation form is on a different page than the username for example. In these cases, I like to log out and log in again to manually update the login entry in 1Password to ensure that it has the correct username, password, and login URL all saved. It's an extra step, but it is worth it once you get used to it.

Convenience and security everywhere you go.

Bewertet am 14.12.2019
Carlos C.
Filmmaker
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I often work on multiple stations. From my desktop computer; laptop; phone and tablet. Each day I have to access passwords for websites or when installing software on different computers.
What I like about OnePassword is that it keeps my access information in one place and organized. I can sync all my passwords with multiple devices and unlock with a master password. It also works with face detection in compatible devices.
I can also organize and save the license information for my software for backup purposes and even credit card information.
This is and essential tool when managing multiple sites and when I'm away from my main computer. It is hard to renumber multiple passwords and it's not recommended to always use the same password for every service and site. With OnePassword I only have to remember the master password and get access to my database. It can also be synced with Dropbox making it easy to update my list of passwords.
No more writing usernames and password on a piece of paper and modifying the list every time there is a change of information.

Vorteile: *Easy to use.
*Computer and Mobile App support.
*Extensions to use with most browsers
*Access saved passwords from anywhere
*Storage software keys and passwords
*Save credit card information for (Autofill)
*Minimal graphic user interface
*Compatible with multiple operative systems and browsers
*Free trial
*Low license fee with options to upgrade at discounted rates
*Master password can be also set as face detection.

Nachteile: *When a new major update is released you will need to also manually update your extension in your browsers and in some cases the configuration of the database.
*Integration with Dropbox is not always ideal, but it's a good option to keep a backup in the cloud.
*There is currently no two factor authentication
*Constant updates to keep track of (specially major updates)

Brilliant Software,

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
David C.
ICT Officer
Hausmeisterservice, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Previously we had a password management system which was only accessible on devices within our domain. With 1Password being cloud-based it is accessible, securely, from multiple app options as well as a browser page so gives us much more freedom to visit sites and access any details we need

Vorteile: The ease of use. It's very simple to administer

Nachteile: The price is a little high for my liking

Good if you only need it for web sites

Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Bill B.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I used a paid subscription for a few months.

Vorteile: Using it with the Firefox plugin, it was very easy to use. It automatically filled in passwords on frequently visited sites, or offered to create a password and save it on new sites. The full 1Password web site was fairly easy to navigate. You can create as many vaults as needed to organize your passwords. As a tech consultant, I had 26 vaults and 1300 passwords. It handled the volume just fine. My primary intent was to be able to share my own active password database with my customers, giving each access to their vault. For this it worked very well. If not for the problems with the phone app, I would still be using it.

Nachteile: For anything but web sites, 1Password became harder to use. I needed to be able to enter and look up alarm and door lock codes, account numbers and PINs, and other secure customer information, and do it on my laptop and phone. The phone app was the deal-breaker for me. I had to be careful when switching between the 1Password app and the app to which I was trying to authenticate. 1Password would often close and I would need to re-enter my master password. My alternative, KeepassDroid, stays open for a length of time you can choose, before locking again.

Love 1Password!

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Michael L.
Lead Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have loved using 1Password! It has been one of the most functional resources I have used in my line of work.

Vorteile: 1Password has been a lifesaver for me. My memory sucks, and 1 Password saves so much important information for me and has been incredibly secure through the process of protecting my passwords. I love the iOS sharing between devices, and it is amazing to have all your passwords in one place!

Nachteile: I hate to pay for it, but it's worth it. It isn't much for the subscription, but this is literally the only con.

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

Vorteile: This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

Nachteile: While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

Happy Customer

Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Brian H.
Media Coordinator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Experience has been great. I started with standalone licence but now I use 1password subscription on a personal level and team work account. I don't know how we survived before without having 1password in the past. It takes the guesswork of all the accounts we have to manage. We have over 1000 passwords for all the web accounts, network switches, projectors, computers, laptop carts, and credit cards. A team of four of us all use 1password to access / mangange and keep accounts credentials up to date. It is wonderful. On a personal level I know if God forbid anything happened to me today. My wife would not have to spend days trying to log into or reset my critical accounts (life insurance, credit cards, SSN, smart phonw log in, home WIFI...) We have everything in there. All she has to do is open 1Password, select a category or start typing keywords and see will have the account info and notes see needs in seconds. This gives me great comfort knowing she can access all this needed information quickly.

Vorteile: Everything. Clean look. Simple to use. Open and Fill is a big time saver.
I love however you can integrate it into the autofill on IOS passwords.
I see apps developing with the 1Password icon for quick log in
Supports 2SV

Nachteile: There is not much I have found that I dislike.
I wish I could make some custom categories.
I wish the standalone licence would have a changed password history.

'Almost' ..... Flawless

Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Audio
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: For the most part, this app is 'flawless' and is a vital everyday experience on each and every internet visit. You 'must' however, be 'religious' with your execution and interaction with the program...
garbage in <--> garbage out.
It almost goes without saying.... but just like you should 'organize' and categorize all of your photos, music tracks, file structures.... you still have to keep on top of managing all of your 'secure' information. This app will help with that, but just like the ab cruncher doesn't actually get you flat abs, you still have to do ALL of the reps, every day, for a year or two. I keep 'everything' in the is app. Passports, Drivers Licence, Birth Certificates, Credit Cards... I mean 'everything'...... (including scanned PDF copies of the original documents)... and this is where it gets a bit 'messy'. They 'used' to keep each record with each document embedded, but they recently changed the documents to appear as 'separate' entries with hyperlinks to those documents.... so now, you have to edit in a link to your document, but to get 'back' to your record, you also have to edit in a link back!!!... (not to mention scanning all of your documents).... it's a huge pain in the rear. Plus, you will be continually weeding and sorting duplicate passwords, weak passwords, and compromised passwords. They do include 'tools' to use with this, including sorting by date, so that can make things easier... but if you don't keep on top of it, it gets away.

Vorteile: Security, All in one place. Don't need to remember more than one password. Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), multi-browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox etc)... Convenience of having everything with you, all of the time. Makes creating new passwords a breeze, so joining sites etc, is easy.

Nachteile: Doesn't 'always' work with web pages. Can get 'messy'. Yet another blood sucking leech on your bank account. Your master password needs to be 'strong' (long, multi character, mix of words, numbers, symbols).... and you must continually enter it - unless you have a fingerprint or face recognition option. Limited categories. If you want to keep the make and model of your car for example, you'll have to settle for a 'generic' note... SplashID has 'better' categories.

Probably the best password manager out there. Works across any devices and operating systems.

Bewertet am 11.3.2019
Co-Founder
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great password management for anyone.

Vorteile: 1Password is a great way to manage and generate strong passwords. It is available as a stand alone application for Windows, Mac and Linux, as a browser plugin for most of the popular browsers out there (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, etc) and it has native mobile apps for iOS and Android users.

Besides generating and storing passwords, it can also store secure notes, credit/debit cards, ftp logins and many others. It’s really well thought out and works seamless across all devices.
On iOS, it recently got an OS integration where you can autofill within most of your mobile apps which makes the process of sign in very easy and effortless. There is a similar process for Android users also. If you are more conscious of where all this data is stored and trust Dropbox with this precious information, you can keep your vault (the place were all this information is stored), inside your dropbox account giving you more control with were your important data is stored.

Nachteile: There is no major issue to mention here. I do have to say that pricing is a bit on the up side of things. They moved to a subscription model which it’s a bit expensive from my point of view. The good thing about their pricing structure is that you can buy a stand alone license for the current major version. This gives you lifetime access to this version and all the incremental updates that come along with it. They are pushing really hard for subscriptions and it’s harder to actually find how to purchase the stand alone license.

Near-perfect password manager across all of my devices, with a great family account featureset

Bewertet am 8.9.2018
Senior Product Designer
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Dead simple password management, sharing and entry

Vorteile: Firstly, I love the most basic premise of the tool: password management. 1Password makes it easy to generate secure length passwords on the fly, and then save these on first login. I can then access these passwords on any of my devices that I have connected 1Password to. Recently, there was an upgrade to allow for autofill within mobile apps, which has been an incredible time saver. It is painless to generate new passwords for different services, avoiding the pitfalls of using a consistent password. A year or so ago, a service I use had a password breach - however the password that was leaked was unique to that service which really contained the problem to just resetting that single account. I love the family account features, where me and my partner can keep shared access to the latest credentials for certain non-critical things like food apps or Netflix.

Nachteile: I have had various versions of 1Password, and at one point had a separate freelance and personal account. Merging things hasn't been super straightforward and at times I do find duplicate entries for sites, which is a bit of guesswork to figure out which entry is the current credentials. I've been cleaning these up as I go, but it would be nice to have some sort of 'de-dupe' feature. I was also having some errors with an older vault format in my newer account. Sometimes when saving credentials, especially from a reset email event, it struggles to save the username with the password, which leads to having to type it in next time. No major problems.

I'm a very happy paying customer

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Nate C.
Assistant Accounting Professor
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I've long had a theory that website's attempts to beef up their security by requiring increasingly more complex passwords has led to a DECREASE in security. There is no way the average human can remember 50+ complex passwords, so they instead do stupid things like writing passwords on sticky notes and/or using the same password across every website they use (meaning that if one is breached, which is inevitable, then essentially they all are). Enter the hero of this sad tale--1Password! I have used this software for years now, and I recently upgraded to the family account to get my wife on board. As a result, I use a different ridiculously complex and secure password for every website I visit without needing to remember any of them. I simply use a keyboard shortcut that will automatically fill in those usernames and passwords for me. I love it. Worried about not having a password you'll need while out and about and away from your computer? Not to worry, they also have great mobile apps that'll take care of you there. Also, how many times have you had to ask your spouse/SO for the username/password for some shared account (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, bank account, etc)? No longer. With a 1Password account, those can now be easily and automatically shared to a common vault. Also worth mentioning is one of my favorite features of any piece of software--it disappears into the background. It just queitly and reliably works in the background with little to no upkeep.

Nachteile: Honestly, I'm stuggling to think of anything. I work on multiple computers and therefore need things to effortlessly sync between them, and one pain point used to be a sort of fiddly and unreliable sync using Dropbox as a bridge. The syncing is now rock solid (using iCloud, Dropbox, etc.), so is no longer a problem.

I have used 1Password for several years and it is the single best investment that I have ever made.

Bewertet am 23.6.2018
Principal

Kommentare: I can use complex and unique passwords for each of my 400+ accounts that are password protected. I also use the "Secure Notes" function to store things like encryption keys and software license numbers in case I need to retrieve them for any reason. I cannot stress enough how important this product is and the cost is less than a small coffee at many places.

Vorteile: In this day and age, when I see people using stupid passwords like their kid's birthday it makes me seriously question whether or not I should give them my data. The best password is so complex that it would be impossible to remember and never repeated for any of your accounts. Four years after buying 1Password, I have approximately 400 accounts each with different passwords that nobody is going to guess. The best part of this software is that there are plugins available for most major web browsers (I use Safari and Chrome). When I come to a website where I need to enter a store password, I simply open the plugin by entering my "1 password" and the software populates the website. I heavily rely on the iPhone and iPad apps which seamlessly sync with the software on my computer. The software will even alert you when you haven't changed a password for a period of time. Furthermore, if you change your password on a website, you will be prompted to update the entry in the Software, which it will do automatically upon clicking "update." In 2018, there is no good reason not to be using a password manager. Remember, I have like 400 password protected accounts and if even one of those companies has a data breach, I'd rather the hackers not get into my bank, credit card accounts, retail accounts, streaming services, and all the other accounts I use. Agile Bits is one of the leading developers in this area and 1Password software integrates well with just about anything.

Nachteile: It's not free. Seriously all joking aside, there is NOTHING bad about this software. My main gripe would be with developers who require a password that do not integrate with this software given how important it is.

Simply brilliant - impossible to live without.

Bewertet am 7.6.2018
Mark H.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Since every site really should have it's own password or so we're told by the security experts. Yet I only need ONE single password to make it all work and make it all secure. Who has the time to make AND remember a secure password for every site?
Most people have enough trouble remembering both their email and their login password let alone having separate passwords for every account..
Enter 1password. A simple easy and effective way to generate strong and secure passwords that you need to log into a website these days.
Hit a new website that requires yet another password? Open 1password, generate a password and voila. It automatically saves the username and password for you.
Coming back another day to log in to said site? Hit two buttons, enter your master password and the rest happens for you. 1password automatically enters the username and password that you've saved previously.
When two of the best in the IT Security fields including Troy Hunt recommend 1password, you know that it is very secure. Even better is that now 1password connects to haveibeenpwned.com. That way if your password is revealed to the world by way of a breach, you can find out simply, log in and change the password. This is checked against the constantly updated haveibeenpwned.com database (without sending your password). Can't recommend it highly enough!

Nachteile: 1password v6 was hard to for luddites (and those who have little interest in computers but are forced to use them) to use and understand. Unfortunately I've had to abandon a few 1password deployments due to the users not understanding how to use it. With version 7 this looks to be significantly easier and unlikely to still be an issue.

I simply cannot fathom my password management without 1Password

Bewertet am 1.6.2018
W. kent W.
Registered Nurse, Inpatient Unit, Hospice Care
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Even though I am a single individual I have amassed a surprisingly large number of online accounts. From banks, credit cards, subscriptions, online retailers, reward cards, etc. You name it. I currently have 270 individual login accounts, and yes, I use the majority of them at least once every month or two. There is no way in hades that I would be able to use unique and long passwords for each one. The password generator is a fantastic utility. I just look at the website's requirements and make the password the maximum length and complexity. Watchtower is great for data breaches that I might not otherwise know about and the "aging" of passwords is helpful to keep my rotation current. Storage of software, licenses, SSN, credit cards and the like is brilliant. I can fill in websites with my current info at one or two clicks. I was not crazy about the subscription change in 1Password 7 but as long as it stays at the current price for those of us who have switched, I think it is a good deal. I hope it never gets too expensive and we have no option but to pay or lose the program. I have been using 1Password since (If I remember correctly, Version 2 and have it on my iPhone and iPad. I cannot say enough good things.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to stop a password / pin number being flagged as weak if you have no alternative to the length of the password/pin. Also, I would love a feature that made a smart list of logins that have not been used in a user specified period of time. Such as, "not used in 6 months, not used in 1 year, not used in 2 years.... etc. That way one could begin weeding out accounts set up for one use, and no longer needed. One could go to that site and delete the account so there are not "orphan" accounts lingering in the ether.

Incredibly comfortable password manager

Bewertet am 16.2.2019
Specjalista ds. wprowadzania danych
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 1password is an application that offers to be our safe on all sorts of logins, passwords and other private information. Encryption, blocking access with a password and with a fingerprint, help in generating codes of varying length and complexity of our passwords. It's all there. What's more? Easy backup and synchronization with popular clouds. Security, convenience and a multiplatform tool that I can heartily recommend to everyone.

Vorteile: I've been using 1password only for a week but I love it already. I had no idea how comfortable it is to manage your passwords like this, not to mention security (It was not really safe for me, since i had like 2-3 passwords to all pages before). This software remembers and automatically enters my passwords to web sites and applications on all devices - the only thing I need to worry about is creating and remembering one solid, main password. What's even better - I don't even need this password in the mobile app - my fingerprint lines are enough. This program is able to operate the password generator perfectly, adapting them to the requirements of websites. Apart from the fact that it is convenient, 1password is extremely safe. It also has the ability to audit our secret data. The program checks how long ago I changed my password. Information about the security breach is also monitored, so that I will be able to keep up to date in case my login parameters have leaked and whether they should be updated. What is important, the program also offers a lot of tools that further increase security, including the function of analyzing the strength of the password and the website to which Ilog in (in terms of potential gaps).This software can also, for example, let the user know that a defect has been detected on the site he is logging into, and that it is recommended to change the password.

Nachteile: Not gonna lie, 1password is quite expensive compared to other password managers.
Nevertheless, I think that it is worth paying the price for comfort and safety.