Über Google Chat

Cloudbasierte Plattform, die Unternehmen dabei hilft, den Betrieb über eine Reihe von Kommunikations- und Produktivitätsanwendungen zu vereinfachen.

Erfahre mehr über Google Chat

Great to use for communication with community members.

Sometimes my messages don't get delivered. It keep saying message failed, not sure if it was my internet connection problem.

Bewertungen zu Google Chat

Google Chat hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 2.274 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Google Chat bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (2.274)

Alexandra
Selbstständig in Deutschland
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Nettes chatprogramm

Kommentare: Ich kann beim Arbeiten schnell auch per Chat mit meinen Kunden und Partnern kommunizieren. Und das live.

Ich finde gut, dass es beim Emailpostfach ist. Dort kann man Google Hangout sehr gut erkunden. Es ist ein niedliches Programm.

Es gibt viele Anfragen von fragwürdigen Quellen, die ich gar nicht kenne.

Ellenore
Ellenore
Administrative Assistant in USA
Maschinerie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to stay in touch with coworkers while working remotely

I am a hybrid employee, and I find it very simple to stay in touch with my coworkers around shared projects even when I’m not physically in the office. I also like that I can quickly ask a question even if the person I’m messaging is in a meeting.

I wish that I could send more than one image at a time.

Kevin
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Google Chat is part of the team!

Kommentare: Its been amaxing. We have no complaints at all!

I love the layout and how easy it is to have my whole team on a chat

The customer service is subpar. We have a heck of a time getting help

DevOps Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Cheap but frustrating

Kommentare: Google is clumsily trying to turn Google Chat into something like Microsoft Teams, but it isn't really working. It still doesn't have nearly the sort of integration support that Teams does and it's certainly nowhere in Slack's territory. But if you want something that "works" just to have a chat platform, well, it's there.

Google Chat is included with a Google Workspace subscription, so if money is an issue, using Google Chat can help you save money versus paying for something much more expensive like Slack.

Google Chat's interface is frustrating to say the least. They killed the Google Chat desktop application, and the web application has a habit of being slow and clunky. There aren't nearly the same sort of integrations with Google Chat as with Slack or even Microsoft Teams; and believe it or not, I've actually spoken with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Google, and he's an absolute idiot. Thanks to him, for instance, every time you paste in a link in Google Chat, a MASSIVE preview bubble appears, and there's no way to disable this. He seems to think it's the bee's knees.

Eleanor
CSR II in Philippinen
Telekommunikation, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

My Google chat review as a Telecommunications Officer that has been using the product for more than 5 years

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It is good. i got promoted at work because i am using this product for years

A lot of companies are using google chat. I use this for work where it is very easy to use and accessible to all that has Gmail accounts

The loading of the google chat when it comes to internet connectivity

Bryan John
Quality Assurance Supervisor in Philippinen
Verbraucherdienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Chat Platform of today

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Very happy with Google Chat. Everything is already here, why look for other messaging platform, right?

Google Chat was introduced to us at work, when we started using it, we enjoyed it. Its very accessible and easy to use. Its like any other platform but the good thing is you can sync your Google Calendar and Google Drive which made it so remarkable.

I can't think of any, because Im enjoying it ao far.

Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

a google suite chat tool that is best suited for non tech teams

Kommentare: it is best suited for non teams where they don't want to shell out additional costs for a premium version of slack and they already have G suite with them. In our case we had to abandon G Chat and go back to slack as that suited our needs better.

there is no special set up involved. every user present in gsuite has access to the google chat hangouts. anybody can administrate it and no special knowledge is required. it has very high reliability and almost zero down time

It is poorly designed in many ways. while screensharing the bottom is covered by a gray bar making it nearly annoying and almost impossible to do code sharing or team debugging. there is no option to mute others during a video call or an audio conference except by the host which means you are subject to the noises from everybody. The readability and themes of the chat bar are rather unimpressive too.

Orest
Technical representative in Panama
Chemikalien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best chatting platform for anyone

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Google Chat has been with me for years of work, both individually and as a team.
The Google Chat is definitely worth using for workspace, business and educational purposes. It is a very versatile, easy to use and professional tool. Totally recommend this app!

I find Google Chat to be the best instant chat platform when in comes to professional or educational purposes. I love that at the palm of your hand, and in a few seconds you can be talking, organizing and working together with one or several people, from and to anywhere in the world. It is a simple and easy to use platform, without losing effectiveness and professionalism. I also find impressive the amount of options and tools included to improve teamwork and in real time. I can easily schedule a meeting and the whole team (or the people I invited) will be notified via the Google Calendar, with time and confirmation request included. The Google Chat is definitely worth using for workspace, business and educational purposes.

One tool that I think is missing is the ability to record audios instantly. This could increase the agility of the work and increase conversational fluency. I think is missing, as other chat platforms already have this option, and it would definitely give Google Chat a leg up. I think that there are no other things that I would change, or that I don’t like.

Heejin
associate in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Gets job done for simple tasks, but not as good as Slack or Teams

I used Google Chat when working at an organization whose operations were all in Google-suite and who had a very small team (4-6 staff). For really small teams, Google Chat may be the better option when buying a chatting/team communication software may not be worth it. Plus, Google Chat is integrated with your gmail and google drive.

The functions of Google Chat are much more limited compared to Slack or Teams. It's best for direct messaging as it doesn't have a subthread or channel feature like Slack. Messages sent in Chat also expire rather quickly, unlike Slack which usually retains messages for 90 days.

Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Very fast instant messaging

Kommentare: Very good software and I recommend it for other Google user.

It gives room to express yourself without failure

The software does not have any defects.

Farzanah
Farzanah
CEO in Südafrika
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

We love Google Chat for team communication

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

It works brilliantly for internal team communication. you can share files and start a google meet from the chat options

nothing really, works very well. I can't really fault it

Christine
Executive Director in Kenia
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A user-friendly messaging tool

Kommentare: The app is free to use and is a cheap way for communicating with employees, especially, since I have employees who have the habit of ignoring text messages. I can send unlimited texts at no cost whatsoever, which is a very cost-effective way of communicating with employees.

I like it how easy it is to search for a contact within the chat. It also enables me set reminders, which keeps me on tabs of all the things I need to do throughout the day. The messaging app is reliable and very secure. It allows for all of us with Gmail accounts to interact seamlessly. It is a wonderful tool that has reduced the number of messages in my inbox. If I want my chatbox to read unavailable, I can easily sign out from the chat.

The pop up messages can be so distracting especially when concentrating on work. At times the messages fail to send and I cannot make out if its the internet connection that has issues or the app. At times the app can be too slow and groggy.

Tara
Creative Director in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easier than Skype

Kommentare: One of our group does not have a smartphone (hard as that is to imagine nowadays), so chatting with him on a computer is the best way to enjoy face-to-face communication. We tried Skype, Facebook messages, and Google Hangouts with varying success, but Google Hangouts Chat was the most reliable and by far the easiest to figure out—and it is completely integrated with other G Suite features, so file sharing and accessing contacts is effortless.

It makes chatting with my writing group very easy—while I'm reading their submissions in my Gmail, I can see if they are online, and I can shoot them a quick message in the moment. It is already part of the G Suite, so no extra programs need to be installed. At the same time, that means I can communicate with anyone who has emailed me without sharing other contact information. We were able to have three people involved in the conversation easily, and I enjoyed being able to turn off the view of myself.

Sometimes the video/ sound is intermittent, much the way Skype cuts in and out or a FaceTime call will freeze. I believe the speed of your internet connection and that of your companions plays a critical role.

Christibe
Director of Practice Management in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Google Chat is a team game changer

Kommentare: It has been seamless from implementation to getting everyone's buy in and participation.

The ability to have everyone in the same place when we cannot physically be in the same place is outstanding

I am no techy so I am not sure anything is missing per se but I am sure I will love enhancements at they are unveiled

Khim Cate
CSR in Philippinen
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Convenient and user friendly Chat interface

Kommentare: It is awesome. We can easily contact employees when needed. The mobile access also helps with urgent communication. Google chat understands the value of urgent and instant messaging, making it easier for users to post important files, updates and mention on channels. Evertything is easily organized thanks to Google Chat.

I like the real time updates on desktop notifications, how you can mentiom someone especially for urgent situations, creating channels as necessary. It makes everything more easy to organize.

None, everything is great! Even the new updates where the user chat is on right and other party messages is on right makes everything more easier!

Tyler
Estimator in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Simple to use and preferred over other chat systems

Kommentare: Fantastic user interface and easy to use tools. It has been a life saver in many instances!

I love that we have full history available for all chats and channels. This is very useful as in the roofing business, sometimes it can take years to finish large commercial jobs through various phases. This history helps keep all of our internal company conversations and data at our fingertips.

I wish that the search feature could be a little more user friendly. You have to remember which person you were chatting with to find a specific word or topic and a lot of our communications cross-over other individuals or channels so finding a specific thing takes more time than it should.

Christian
Customer Service Rep in Kanada
Verbraucherdienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best comms app

Kommentare: Best app to communicate with people, team and other from different areas of the business

Easy to use, easy to navigate, easy to find and communicate to people Best use to contact on shore people, other people if we needed help

none so far, it is easy to use, easy to navigate, easy to find and communicate to people Best use to contact on shore people, other people if we needed help

Leo
Leo
Account Executive in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Chat provide the best communication with the aweasome video chat.

Kommentare: Chat is the best software for the communication purpose. I would really like this software because it is the most powerful messaging tool. The best thing that I really liked about it is that I can easily share the important information with the group video chat. Hence, for me it is the best tool for the communication and collaboration. It allow me to easily connect with my relatives, colleagues and team members.

Chat is so easy to use with the versatile features. We can easily communicate with each others at anytime and at anywhere in the world with the help of this efficient software. This software provide the best video communication services. The great advantage that this software provide us is that it makes the best communication by the instant messages, calling and the awesome video chat. It allow us to easily connect with the relatives, colleagues any team members. This software is also the most powerful messaging software. So, Chat software is a great for the fast conversation. The another advantage that this software provide us the great options for the direct messages to anyone and that's why Chat software is also a best source of communication.

The disadvantage of this software provide us is that it does not provide the best options for the audio and video calls and also messaging with the great collaboration. So, there are some features that are missing, so it should must enhanced the features. This software should also need some extraordinary options and then all the business companies get benefited from the Chat software. The another disadvantage of this efficient software is that it does not allow us for the video calls and conferences. But otherwise, it also provide the biggest benefit for us is that we can share all of our important information with the group video chat with our colleagues and team members.

Turan
IT Admin in Türkei
Automotive, Selbstständig

All features in one software

Kommentare: Like all Google products, this service and product has been prepared with user comfort in mind. Simple, advanced, professional software. A system that can be used and works on every platform. Minimum resource consumption, maximum performance. Zero storage usage. Online access. Secure data access.

Hangouts is one of the best chat and communication programs released after its removal from the market. Being fast, easy and practical, it offers comfort to all users. Unlike normal chat software, it offers an ideal service for meetings, thanks to its event tool, project presentation, calendar integration and plug-in tools. Thanks to its mobile integration, it can be accessed from anywhere and from any platform.All your files, images and other data are safely stored on Google servers.

It is very difficult to find a negative or negative trait. It serves all levels and platforms, from basic to maximum. Identify your needs and start using it.

Dlamini Percis
Dlamini Percis
Lecturer in Südafrika
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Google Hangouts Review

Kommentare: I have first-hand experience with using Google Hangouts (Classic). I use it daily for local and international communication, chats groups, audio, and video calls. Specifically, I use Google Hangouts for my meetings, lecturers and conference presentations regardless of time and location constraints. It has been a highly effective platform for one-on-one and group interaction. Besides, Google Hangouts is compatible with iOS and Android apps. I highly recommend Google Hangouts for individual, professional and business use.

Google Hangouts is an integrated communication app that allows users to make calls, send messages, and attend video conferences. I use Google Hangouts (Classic) for my lectures, departmental, faculty and international communication. Setting up Google meeting is easy, even from a shared work calendar. As a lecturer, I communicate effectively and remotely with my students, particularly during the COVID -19 pandemic because social distancing is a norm. Google Hangouts also has a user-friendly interface, launched from a web browser, with buttons for calls, video, instant messenger, messenger and chats. It also allows for seamless integrating with other apps, Google Docs or Drive and can be launched from Gmail.

I have not encountered problems with Google Hangouts yet.

Grace
BD in Singapur
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hangouts is now replaced by Chat

Kommentare: RIP Hangouts. You were limited in features but simple was somehow better. Your successor in its current iteration is an annoying arriviste

The font UI is better on Chat than Hangouts. Google app so it's easy to msg Google/Gmail contacts. Free. That's it

TBH, this would not even be on my list of chat apps if I had a choice, but certain work situations require it. Sigh. What's lacking? Can't see if read/unread. Replying specific message is impossible, but you can manually copy, put in ```quotedtext``` to quote in a very unaesthetic monospaced font display. Emojis are a multi-step selection process unless you somehow memorise the text shortcuts for less basic ones like :( On desktop if you use the chat sidebar in Gmail, it will take up your full Gmail inbox space OR pop up into a little window that's way too small by default and stuck to the bottom of the screen — this is a massive UX irritation if you need to arrange your windows/tabs in a certain way for quick switching between apps for work. Would seriously suggest Google allows free floating chat windows in Gmail. And get rid of the INSTANT contact popup when hovering mouse over the chat threads – set it to like a long hover or right click for goodness sake

Hussain
Sales and Marketing Specialist in Deutschland
Essen & Trinken, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

A popular tool for meetings, webinars, and seminars!

Kommentare: It has a feature for reminding the missed messages. This caters to all the important conversations and does not let go of any important message. This software is very reasonable in price. This tool helps ease integration.

Google Chat allows group chat options in both personal and professional spheres. It is a great platform that can be used on both desktops and mobile phones. It takes just a few simple steps to install and can be used afterward. It allows meetings, webinars, and seminars. It does not take long to connect and provides fast connectivity. Due to its organized system, it enhances customer relationships by providing better services. Shares the files in no time. The interface is simple and easy to use. Another plus point is that it requires low bandwidth.

Background themes are outdated and dull. Voice and video quality get low at times. Sometimes the user faces confusion while using the call feature as it sends links rather than calling directly. The feature of instant video has been removed. It does not offer a free trial. The quality of voice and video calls should be improved, as it will encourage the user to switch to this platform. New and interesting background themes should be introduced to boost the user’s inclination toward the software. Free trials must be allowed to make the user aware of the features.

Fadiah
Fadiah
Human Resources Assistant in Malaysia
Bankwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Increase team communication effectiveness

The fact that Google has integrated hangouts directly into your email page makes it appear to be more user-friendly, even to those who have never used it previously. I appreciate that I can post messages and get alerts promptly. You may even hold team meetings from one central location—technology at its most advanced.

While utilizing workspace, I haven't delved into the Google Hangouts part of things yet. It has been brought to my attention that the price is a bit unclear. If the designers could provide a better choice to integrate all of these aspects into one and make it so that the cost can be identified, we would most likely employ it on the business side.

Joshua
Joshua
VP of IT in Indien
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A efficient collaborative software for your team.

Kommentare: One of the nicest tools we use at work is Google Chat because it's so easy to use. There are no downloads necessary, and there are no restrictions on the operating system you are running; all you need is an internet connection. The only problem with Google Chat is that it occasionally jumps, so it would be excellent if they could fix it. Till now it has perfectly fine for us and we think this can suit all types of companies with different sizes.

The best features of Google Chat are -- make internal and operational improvements.- make better decisions.- The technical help is fantastic.- There is no restriction on how many individuals can participate in the chat.- Private chat rooms are an option.- Boost the agility of corporate processes.- SSO is top notch and works perfectly fine.- Customised notifications are also available.- If your network bandwidth is low then also it works perfectly fine.

The cons of the Google Chat are -- The no. Of characters which you can send in a message is limited.- Text boxes have a frustrating tendency to resize themselves.- Docking the conversation list is not possible.- Conversations frequently veer off topic.- Finding precise examples or keywords might occasionally be difficult.- There might be some scepticism regarding the Google privacy policy.

Carissa
Carissa
Technical Recruiter in Philippinen
Forschung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Collaborations for Chat Users - Across the Globe!

Kommentare: I love how this is obviously working along with the email when you sign on. Because you can have fun at work (remote or on-site), while engaging with people across the globe or maybe just next door who can't meet you in person for any other reasons.

I can easily collaborate with anyone and reach out to anyone with just a message away, real-time. The upper management can also work at ease to reach out to me the same way without having to wait for an email to be sent if there is an urgent project. My favorite would be the ability to search for a word I am looking for since I have the tendency to become forgetful. I also love the idea that it sends out a quick summary of the personal messages that I missed and I am ever mentioned to it. Kudos!

I hope there will be live emoticons, apart from emojis (?), or be able to change the font, background, or colors, just for it to appear lively. As well as the sounds/notification. But overall, it won't really the affect the function, but thought it would make it a little bit more enjoyable to engage with the conversation.