Filtern nach:

Über Google Chat

Cloudbasierte Plattform, die Unternehmen dabei hilft, den Betrieb über eine Reihe von Kommunikations- und Produktivitätsanwendungen zu vereinfachen.

Erfahre mehr über Google Chat

Zeigt 1.342 Bewertungen

Zuhairah A.
Zuhairah A.
Marketing Communications Specialist in Malaysia
Internet, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great quick messenger quality

Kommentare: My experience of more than 5 years using this software is wonderful and will continue working with it.

I use Google product a lot and this software is one of the best quick messenger software that i have use to communicate with my team. It can be integrated easily with other software like Google Calendar and Drive which make a speedy process to share files and document with my team directly from the messenger.

Nothing that i dislike with this software. It is free to use and included in the Google Workspace that we have use.

Lindsey N.
Marketing & Creative Services Director in USA
Gastgewerbe, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Google Chat Makes Remote Work Possible

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We began using Google Chat when our team moved to remote work in 2020. We now use it across our entire team to share quick updates, check in, ask questions, and avoid endless calls and meetings. It helps us stay productive, collaborate, and remain in touch while we work remotely.

We use Google Chat across all of our teams to quickly get information out or to share updates. It drastically cuts down on the calls, emails, texts, and even meetings that are required for our team because we can quickly and effectively communicate on Chat. The history makes it easy to go back in conversations if you forgot something, and it is super intuitive to use overall. I love that it is also easily accessible in mobile without having to download an additional app!

I wish it was a little more user-friendly in terms of sharing documents - but once we have shown our team how to do it they have all figured it out! I really don't have anything to add as this software is so great for our team.

Justin S.
DevOps Engineer in USA

Cheap but frustrating

Kommentare: Google is clumsily trying to turn Google Chat into something like Microsoft Teams, but it isn't really working. It still doesn't have nearly the sort of integration support that Teams does and it's certainly nowhere in Slack's territory. But if you want something that "works" just to have a chat platform, well, it's there.

Google Chat is included with a Google Workspace subscription, so if money is an issue, using Google Chat can help you save money versus paying for something much more expensive like Slack.

Google Chat's interface is frustrating to say the least. They killed the Google Chat desktop application, and the web application has a habit of being slow and clunky. There aren't nearly the same sort of integrations with Google Chat as with Slack or even Microsoft Teams; and believe it or not, I've actually spoken with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Google, and he's an absolute idiot. Thanks to him, for instance, every time you paste in a link in Google Chat, a MASSIVE preview bubble appears, and there's no way to disable this. He seems to think it's the bee's knees.

Sohail S.
Advocate in Pakistan
Anwaltskanzlei, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Google Chat

5 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Google Chats is a good chat option especially for Android users as it easily incorporates in other Google Apps.

Google Chat is an excellent software to communicate with friends and fellows. It is seen as a replacement and better version of Google Hangouts by google. It has a very pleasant and simple design. It offers multiple modes of communication like text chatting, audio and video calls. You can also initiate group call or chat among team member to use it as a collaboration tool. Along with chatting, you can also send files of any format with it easily.

Though technically Google Chat is not less than any of its competitors in any manner, but its smaller user base makes it a little less priority for users.

Guido N.
Guido N.
Digital Media Manager in Italien

Great chat app, if you don't care the sad interface

Kommentare: I use it daily in my agency to communicate with the internal teams of each project. It's easy and straightforward, you set it up in no time (it's integrated in our Google email accounts!).

Works everywhere (from mobile, desktop, tablet... really, anywhere!), flexible and powerful, it natively integrates with Google Drive so you can also transfer files very easily, rooms are easy to create and manage and they let you manage your projects and teams in an easy and elegant way.

The UX is ugly, as most of Google products. Notifications are not easy to set up and this is quite important for an instant messaging app.

Juan manuel C.
Juan manuel C.
Web Developer in Argentinien
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Google Chat: Upgrading to Outdated Hangouts

Kommentare: My experience with google chat is satisfactory. I have been using its version of Hangouts for more than 3 years and this evolution shows that it is more worked. Not only at the interface level and its divisions between common chats and rooms, but also in the great addition of an option to be able to silence notifications for a certain time or to be able to add bots, such as Trello. Today this is the tool we use to communicate internally in the company. Highly recommended

Among the best options that Google Chat has is the possibility of adding own and third-party bots, being able to handle notifications and alerts so as not to be disturbed. Being able to have a full screen in another exclusive tab for chat. In addition, it no longer requires a separate application to use, since it is included within the gmail application.

It works really well and a lot of missing options were added, like you can share files or use bots. Perhaps as against it could be mentioned that even the system to create bots is not as complete as other messaging services

Director of Sales and Marketing in Kanada
Quelle: GetApp

Another Google service that saved us money

Kommentare: Overall we are quite satisfied with the Chat offerings and I am sure they will continue to improve on the service.

I like the ability to create rooms specific to any necessary topic and to bring in both staff and outsiders to a specific space from which we can collaborate

We had some issues with the meetings early on but they have been ironed out. I would also love the ability to choose to not have the "Enter" button be the send option. All too often a message will be sent out by accident incomplete.

Steve J.
IT Manager in USA
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great for collaboration and comunication.

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Keeping projects going and getting questions answered in real time.

Easy to get a hold of people you are working with and also start a meeting. Keeps the workflow simply and moving forward.

I don't like the constant updates. This can be cumbersome to install new items all of the time.

Tarek B.
Tarek B.
CEO in Kanada
Unternehmensberatung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Google Chat : A great way to keep connected in the workplace

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Overall experience is fair, however, Google has more room to improve a number of bits and pieces and make of Google chat an amazing collaboration and chat communication platform.

Google chat not only integrates with all the google products, you don't have to acquire more skills specific to Google chat, all you need is a device (mobile, desktop or laptop) connecter to internet, and you're good to go.

What I did not like is that if you have other google IM products, you can get duplicate notifications (ie: google hangouts) Google needed to look into the possiblity of providing one unique notification.

Andrea E.
Andrea E.
Brand Ambassador in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

great for friends not for team communication

This is a great option to have for friends, group chats etc, but when working I would prefer something that is a bit more organized.

They could improve the way that the chats flow, organization.

Christine O.
Executive Director in Kenia
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A user-friendly messaging tool

Kommentare: The app is free to use and is a cheap way for communicating with employees, especially, since I have employees who have the habit of ignoring text messages. I can send unlimited texts at no cost whatsoever, which is a very cost-effective way of communicating with employees.

I like it how easy it is to search for a contact within the chat. It also enables me set reminders, which keeps me on tabs of all the things I need to do throughout the day. The messaging app is reliable and very secure. It allows for all of us with Gmail accounts to interact seamlessly. It is a wonderful tool that has reduced the number of messages in my inbox. If I want my chatbox to read unavailable, I can easily sign out from the chat.

The pop up messages can be so distracting especially when concentrating on work. At times the messages fail to send and I cannot make out if its the internet connection that has issues or the app. At times the app can be too slow and groggy.

Jennie P.
Jennie P.
Author in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Fun and easy to use!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, google chat is a great product that fits in wonderfully with the entire Google product suite. You can easily copy/past from chat into a word document (though there is formatting issues to deal with; I typically go from chat to notepad then to word). It's user friendly, has an app to use on other devices, and you can use chat either inside gmail or as a "pop out", so the email page can be minimized (not closed!) and still use the chat box. Chats can be saved, so you don't have to worry about ever saving it and loosing it. I've been using gmail since it was by invite only, and have seen gmail grow, including the inclusion of the chat feature. It's definitely a product I would recommend to anyone.

Gmail Chat has been around for a good long time. It's a great tool if you're wanting to contact a fellow gmail user and strike up a conversation for work or personal use. I often use it to discuss the current novel I'm writing with my husband (who is my sounding board and listens to me prattle on about the corner I've written myself into). I've also used it to send links, grocery lists, recipes, etc. It's really easy to use: you sent an invite to someone using their email, phone number, or name. The other person gets the request, and they can either accept or decline it. If they accept (and are a fellow gmail user), they can immediately start chatting via text. Quick, simple, and very user friendly! Also, the chats are always saved (though you can turn that option off), and are searchable. (I've had to use that feature MANY times!)

There is a limit to the characters you can send. Since I frequently send stuff to the husband while writing, I often have to divide it up into sections. Same with anything else I send that is very long. I haven't used it for anyone that isn't a gmail user, so I honestly have zero clue how that would even work. The app for using it on an iphone is called "hangouts" and not "chat", so that can be confusing when you're trying to find the right app. But it works great once you find it, download and install it.

Lead Quality Analyst in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the best messaging tool

Kommentare: My experience overall is quite good with Chat. It provides a very user friendly messaging tool which has rooms and groups both. You can browse rooms as well and while joining any room, you can Preview the room and messages in it to make a decision whether to join or not. The overall functionality and features of 'rooms' are great and I find them very useful which in turn saves a lot of time and effort.
Other all basic functions are present like mute notifications, online status. To add to it, you can also set push notification in case you are not available. Simple yet very useful feature.
Then there's smart reply and desktop notifications feature too. Desktop notification is useful if you google chat window is not open. You can also block members.
In conclusion, this is one of the best messaging tools which I have used and I would recommend this to everyone.

The interface of the tool is user friendly and very easy to use. Search is very simple and straight forward. Simply put the name of the person you want to chat with and results are displayed instantly using smart search feature. You can create various discussion rooms by inviting members. I never had any problem creating room , in fact once I have to create a room with a lot of members from different projects but never faced and delays or problems with it. You can create multiple threads in a room which is very useful feature. You can also customize name of the room as per your need and project. Then there are groups which are very similar to a group in any messaging app. You can add multiple people but it's a single threaded chat. this is basically a personal group and rooms are for primarily for project related conversations. Search feature is also useful and easy. You can also search individually in a room. The results are easy to obtain and very helpful. Furthermore, a great feature is, you can edit you messages. A lot of times we enter incorrect information in the message which can create confusion. You can edit it or delete as required by the user. I personally, find this feature very user friendly. You can also shared a file form google drive directly or from your desktop. Additionally, there's a shortcut for video meeting, which when clicked send video meeting invite and the best part, creates dial in number is automatically generated which saves a lot of time.

Apart from all the great features what I don't like about it is, Google chat and hangouts and not synced. When you delete something from chat it is still present in hangout. So, basically you you are still looking at the deleted information in hangouts which is not required. Another functionality which I miss from microsoft lync is that, you can not control other persons machine during screen share with mutual consent and continue with the discussion / transition. Except this, almost everything is great about this tool.

Leo F.
Leo F.
Account Executive in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Chat provide the best communication with the aweasome video chat.

Kommentare: Chat is the best software for the communication purpose. I would really like this software because it is the most powerful messaging tool. The best thing that I really liked about it is that I can easily share the important information with the group video chat. Hence, for me it is the best tool for the communication and collaboration. It allow me to easily connect with my relatives, colleagues and team members.

Chat is so easy to use with the versatile features. We can easily communicate with each others at anytime and at anywhere in the world with the help of this efficient software. This software provide the best video communication services. The great advantage that this software provide us is that it makes the best communication by the instant messages, calling and the awesome video chat. It allow us to easily connect with the relatives, colleagues any team members. This software is also the most powerful messaging software. So, Chat software is a great for the fast conversation. The another advantage that this software provide us the great options for the direct messages to anyone and that's why Chat software is also a best source of communication.

The disadvantage of this software provide us is that it does not provide the best options for the audio and video calls and also messaging with the great collaboration. So, there are some features that are missing, so it should must enhanced the features. This software should also need some extraordinary options and then all the business companies get benefited from the Chat software. The another disadvantage of this efficient software is that it does not allow us for the video calls and conferences. But otherwise, it also provide the biggest benefit for us is that we can share all of our important information with the group video chat with our colleagues and team members.

Systems Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Modern Enterprise Chat

One of the obvious competitors for Google Chat is the prevalent Skype (previously Lync) instant messaging application often bundled with Microsoft products such as Outlook and Office for ease of integration. Unlike Skype, Google Chat offers a more modern set of features. Foremost is the way in which content can be directly shared in the chat window such as images or image previews from URL resources. Rich content can simply be pasted directly into Google chat and seamlessly integrated into the conversation. In Skype, copy pasting an image results in the image being sent as an attached file which is disruptive and really negates the convenience of sending an image over IM versus more conventional means such as e-mail. Overall Google Chat offers a modern approach to enterprise instant messaging that simply works and works well.

One of the main concerns for Google Chat revolves around the precarious nature of Google long term product support. On the other side of the fence Skype users are migrating to a more Discord or Slack like application called Microsoft Teams. This next generation of application incorporates IM into a broader context that includes more robust moderation and content sharing capabilities. As of now, Google Chat is in a branding transition to be incorporated as Google Hangouts Chat which indicates that Google intends to stay in the IM application space, but its not clear what features will be updated to bring Google Hangouts Chat in-line with competing applications.

Andrew P.
Campaign & Creative Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Google Chat Review

Kommentare: Chat has been great for our organization, especially during our work from home phase which makes communication easy but also has kept our team closer together and has allowed everyone to be accessible both at work but also at a personal-level. Without the day-to-day social interactions we were used to pre-COVID, Chat allows our team to connect and take care of each other at work and outside the office.

Google Chat makes communicating across teams super easy and efficient. It's incredibly easy to integrate and implement across different teams, verticals, and locales and is the perfect substitute for email when you are in a bind.

Since Google is accessible to practically everyone, there is little to not like about Chat, but the software can incorporate more features and functionality to make it an even more powerful tool. If other Google software was integrated into Chat (such as Sheets, Drive, or Docs) Chat could make more simple to transfer internal documents in a more efficient and seamless way.

Tara S.
Creative Director in USA
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easier than Skype

Kommentare: One of our group does not have a smartphone (hard as that is to imagine nowadays), so chatting with him on a computer is the best way to enjoy face-to-face communication. We tried Skype, Facebook messages, and Google Hangouts with varying success, but Google Hangouts Chat was the most reliable and by far the easiest to figure out—and it is completely integrated with other G Suite features, so file sharing and accessing contacts is effortless.

It makes chatting with my writing group very easy—while I'm reading their submissions in my Gmail, I can see if they are online, and I can shoot them a quick message in the moment. It is already part of the G Suite, so no extra programs need to be installed. At the same time, that means I can communicate with anyone who has emailed me without sharing other contact information. We were able to have three people involved in the conversation easily, and I enjoyed being able to turn off the view of myself.

Sometimes the video/ sound is intermittent, much the way Skype cuts in and out or a FaceTime call will freeze. I believe the speed of your internet connection and that of your companions plays a critical role.

Tyler B.
Tyler B.
Freelance Graphic Designer in Kanada
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Essential.

What's not to like? It's a chat function! It's very basic but I find it essential for dealing with colleagues. I work freelance right now, so am using it less these days, but in the past have worked in charities and it is essential to day to day communication with co-workers. It allows you to easily and quickly ask small questions without clogging up the inbox with unnecessary emails, and also without physically getting up and having to disturb people in the middle of their work day. I've been with orgs that have used project management software; they have been very expensive and in the end the only function we've really ended up using is the chat. GSuite already has that, and it's free.

It doesn't pretend to be anything different, but it's very basic. If Google expanded it even a little bit it could easily supplant things like Slack, which many people/organizations are currently making use of, as it allows for things like topic threads and easier group file sharing. I would love to see Google flesh this app out a bit more - as it is it is good, but it could be so much better.

DevOps in El Salvador
Programmentwicklung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Chat, a communication tool made by Google

Kommentare: We use this product for formal communication purposes and it's a simple to use product and has a very good user experience, because it's easy to use and we are solving a lot of business problems. We choose this product because we find

Chat is a good tool for communication, it has a perfect integration with all the GSuite Environment, for the price is a very good tool because you can use it with Hangouts, Drive and Gmail.

The only con that I found on this product is the price. In a small business probably is going to be expensive if you have 10+ employers, because this product has a price per user.

Bienvenido G.
Caregiver in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Want simple way to communicate, use Chat by Google!

Kommentare: Overall, this software is awesome for simple messaging only! It consumes less bandwidth so if you want just to communicate without having audio or video then use this software.

When it comes to have leading innovation, it is definitely Google! From complex to simple software tool, it is pioneered by Google. Chat by Google is simple yet innovative way of communicating. I can consider this chatting software as small but really an indispensable software in the sense that by using this you can communicate instantly across the world. I think it is very useful to use in different establishments like what we our doing in our company. I can easily get in touch with other caregivers of our company though we are working from home. We can easily share the information from one another and it does not require high end device where you can install it. If you want simple yet useful software for chatting so it is Chat by Google.

Chat by Google is designed specifically for chatting. If you are looking for chatting tool that has audio and video features then don't install it. It is basically for text communication only and not for multimedia sharing of information. This software is definitely designed for basic chatting only!

Adra safiya K.
Adra safiya K.
Human Resources Recruitment Assistant in Malaysia
Einzelhandel, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple and quick to use

Google Chat is free and very easy to use. There are no software needed to be install to start using it. It can be access directly from the Gmail account, and any available people that are in my contact list will be shown on the sidebar of the Gmail application. Really easy.

The application is too simple and sometimes i cannot find the tools that i need. There are no option to archive older chat and to sharing a files with other, i will need to be linked with Google Drive. It wasn't a bad thing, but i would prefer to be able to share the files directly from the chat head.

Student in Jamaika
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Cross Platform Chat Service

Kommentare: This is a great alternative to other more “popular” chat software. It does not require a mobile number to be used and best of all its free! I haven’t experienced any deal breakers and I will continue to use this.

It is extremely easy to set up once you have a google account. You can use this without a mobile device as well which helps me keep in contact with friends , coworkers and family for free. You also do not need a mobile number which is a massive benefit.

Not everyone is aware of it. This can be easily fixed if more people download and use it, but as of right now, I cannot use it to its full capabilities.

Maria Q.
Marketing and Operations Director in Peru

Great Communication Tool

Kommentare: My team loves it, and I do too. They are really happy with the migration from WhatsApp and Telegram to Chat because it allows them to focus more without the phone distractions and also separate completely their personal communication tool from the ones for the job.

It allows us to have constant and direct communication without invading the personal communications channels of our team. You can create all types of rooms you might need according to your team structure and use threads to maintain the different topics in each room so nobody misses anything.

You cant easily reply to a previous message or comment "tagging" it and you cant send voice notes I understand it makes sense as it is a working tool, but it would make some message communication more easily.

Psychologist in Kanada
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good for everyday communication

Kommentare: Overall, I like Google Chat and have been using it for many years. Gmail won't be the same without having Google Chat attached to it.

I like how Google Chat is integrated into Gmail. You can easily message people on your contact list while writing emails. I also like how you can actually call phone numbers on the call/video feature. Not all chat programs have this. I used to use this feature when calling clients so my personal number would not show up on caller ID. It's easy to have group chats as well.

I heard that they are phasing Google Chat out of the desktop version of Gmail. This is unfortunate as this is really the only place I use it. I tend to use other messenger apps on the phone. One thing I wished they had changed was the ability to scroll through contacts easier when looking for the person you want to send a message to. Right now, only a small pop up box shows up, and you need to scroll through the entire list. There needs to be a way to just type in the contact name to have the message box pop up.

CMIO in Argentinien

An Application With Some Problems, With A Lot Of Potential

Kommentare: While it is a chat application with many possibilities to be the suite of Google products, for the moment I think it has several points against it do not allow you to be up to the rest of the tools for chat. However, I still use it! ;)

The fact that this chat tool is 100% integrated to the suite of Google applications that we use in the company, makes everyday work with it very simple. It has the possibility of being used both from a PC (via web or through the standalone version) or from a mobile device.

Several points against: 1- the mobile version for Android does not solve the whole well to do with notifications, even more if it is used with the standalone version together. 2- The notifications in the mobile version take a while to arrive in comparison with other chat applications that we have used (HeapChat, for example). 3- The user interface and the actions that are carried out many times are not entirely clear until you learn them (for example: how to attach an image or document in a conversation, in which it is unclear what to send this document once attached to it). 4- The updates: they are very frequent and many times the session is lost when restarting the application after it.