Sumo

Sumo Bewertungen

von Sumo group

I use Sumo's free suite of tools on my Squarespace site, and I have been 'em for nearly three years.

Bewertet am 3.6.2018
Jake the film G.
Cofounder

Kommentare: A pain-free way to collect emails that go above and beyond what Squarespace and/or Mailchimp can offer to a startup/small business? Sumo has your back, hands down.

Vorteile: I love the (even at the freemium level) assorted tools they have for capturing emails. With a little bit of coding, you can customize your lead magnets, both in terms of appearance and delivery.

Nachteile: My only complaint with their suite of tools are their sharing tools, and this is nitpicky. I already have built-in share buttons on my CMS that look great on mobile and on a desktop. The Sumo tool was a real bother when I was using it (2015-2017). It even caused one of my followers to email and let me know it was a nuisance with this lagging (yet persistent in its following) behavior.

von Sumo group an 28.8.2018

Thanks for your review! We're constantly working on improvements and appreciate your feedback. If you ever would like to test out new features, here is a link to our Ecommerce plan free trial: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T
Good luck with your business!

I really like sumo. I use a lot of its features on my blog. It helped a lot.

Bewertet am 6.6.2018
Colleen W.
professional blogger

Kommentare: It helped incorporate features on my blog with ease that I wouldn't of been able to do otherwise.

Vorteile: I love that a lot of its features are easy to use. They come with very easy to use directions. It has a lot of features that costs money on other programs.

Nachteile: I use the free version, and I wish it had more choices for that. I also wish it had better choices for email. I have to use another program for that.

von Sumo group an 28.8.2018

Hello, Colleen! Thanks for the warms words. I noticed that you are using our free version and would love to see more features and options under this version. We currently offer free 14 day trial of our Ecommerce plan. Check it out and see if it has what you are looking for: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T

SUMO is the king

Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Tito C.
Freelancer
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Tried several tools but definitely SUMO is the best solution to grow my business. Easy to use and implement with a lot of documentation.

Nachteile: I can’t fin any cons. They are improving continuously their product and fixing everything that can be a con.

Great solution for growing email list and recovering sales

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Sumo is a nice service and is generous with features and amount of subscribers, even on its lowest plan. Sumo is also easy to use and offers great looking emails and popups. The limited amount of integrations mean you may need to develop your own extension for certain integrations.

Vorteile: One of the best things about sumo is there are no limits to how many subscribers (even on lowest plan). Although there is a limit on how many emails that can be sent in a given month, it is usually a sufficient amount for those starting out or those operating a small business. Being able to use cart abandonment features on the lowest plan, is also a big plus and sets it apart from its biggest competitor. The emails and popups are professional looking, easy to setup, and shows analytics on dashboard which is helpful. I also like the value added tools they give out such as the website social share buttons and smart bar that can be integrated into pages.

Nachteile: The amount of integrations may be a bit limited. This means a custom module would need to be built for many people. We found we had to use a custom built extension to ingrate with our website since they did not have one for our platform. At time of this writing, there are about 5 official integrations that are available, whereas their biggest competitor has 40 official integrations.

Good Concept, Terrible Execution

Bewertet am 2.7.2018
Parttime Lecturer
Hochschulbildung

Vorteile: I like to concept of the product and the abilities it has to incorporate popups to your website without adding more than a script to your site.

Nachteile: Everything else. Their help service is the worst and they often treat you as an idiot. Even with photos and indepth information about issues, they still are unable to understand the problem. We went round and round with them for 4 months about an issue to later find that it was a bug on there end. Using the product is hard and the data you're provide on your popups is limited.

von Sumo group an 28.8.2018

Hello! Thank you for your review and I am sorry you've experienced issues with the software. We've made lots of updates to our service and hope you can reconsider using Sumo for you business. I highly recommend trying out our new Shortcuts feature :) Here is a link to free trial for you: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T

Very nice email capture tool

Bewertet am 28.12.2019
Program Director
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was using Sumo at my wordpress site as a popup webform and I was very satisfied. The only reason I stopped it, is that mailerlite, which is my basic email marketing service, have started to provide popup forms so it's easier for me to have it all in one place.

Vorteile: Sumo has a killer free option for creating a very effective email capture form. It has very detailed analytics and it intergrades with the popular platforms wordpress and shopify.

Nachteile: I really can't find something I don't like about sumo. It's a complete solutions for gathering emails.

Great marketing tool

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Sharon V.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Fotografie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a great tool for lead collection, and so far the most effective way to gather contacts but it can also get expensive

Vorteile: It has multiple types of pop-ups for lead collection and integrates with WordPress and my email management system

Nachteile: Their pricing is based on website views not on unique number of users, this means that it can get very expensive especially for websites with volumes of traffic

A plugin for my Wordpress website.

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Joanne W.
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been generally happy with the product. It can help grow your email list and to generate more sales.

Vorteile: Sumo has been a tool I've used to help grow my email list and to generate more sales.

Nachteile: There is a free version and a paid version, the free version not syncing the emails into certain email newsletter software platforms. That can be annoying when wanting to trial the product before buying it.

Aren't They The Makers of Briefcase?

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Pritesh P.
Marketing Consultant, Owner and Chief Struggle Officer
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Beware this product and all related products. I'm pretty sure briefcase broke our contract but I don't have time to take that to task. I just hope others are smart enough to stay away and hear through the nonsense.

Vorteile: You learn fast what you don't want from a products retailer and how annoying you can be when pushing your products

Nachteile: They basically are out to sell anything everything to be bigger better and more useful than it really is.

We use Sumo to add social buttons to our Wordpress sites and to grow newsletter lists

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Megan B.
Editorial Director
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that is collects all the data on social buttons and on newsletter subscriber acquisition fields all in one place.

Nachteile: It often feels buggy, and the changes I implement on the backend don't always show up, requiring me to repeat steps sometimes.

von Sumo group an 28.8.2018

Thanks for your review, Megan! We're constantly working on software improvements and value your input. If you experience any issues with the website, please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team.

Sumo Review

Bewertet am 7.10.2019
Anthony E.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Sumo has helped me double my email subscribers which helps me convert them into customers. I have been able to share my own content with my audience on all my various social platforms like facebook, twitter, etc. to make them aware of new contents. This increases the engagement of my contents hence increasing my traffic as well.

Vorteile: After looking for a simple tool to increase my website's traffic and collect emails for marketing I found "sumo." It is very simple to integrate into my website. The settings are so simple with many preferences of your choice. It helped me add social share buttons to my website and helped me grow my email lists at a faster rate. The attention of any visitor is easily caught to interact more with me and my website. Sending emails to a bunch of subscribers in my chosen groups look simple when using sumo. The pop-up subscription box and the social share buttons are not intrusive and it has an automatic welcome message for all my new subscribers which saves my time of welcoming them with messages all the time.

Nachteile: I haven't been able to send emails to individual subscribers. It allows me to send marketing emails to only those added to my groups and I don't know why. I therefore believe because I am using the free version that is why I have been limited to that. I would like to be a premium member soon.

Great, easy pop-up tool

Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Emily B.
Freelance Marketing Strategist

Kommentare: We have had a great experience with SUMO. We use it on multiple sites as an email capture tool, and our email subscriptions have tripled since adding this pop-up on our site as the first thing people see when coming to the site.

Vorteile: Sumo was a great addition to our company website to help gather email addresses through a pop-up when someone comes to the site. The pop-ups are easy to create with either custom imagery and their wizard, or using their basic templates. There are many options for the type of pop-ups that they offer. Implementation is immediate and was something that I could do without needing an HTML programmer. The pop-ups do not interfere with any other tracking or plug-ins on our site, and I like that I can set the frequency to not overwhelm frequent visitors.

Nachteile: I like the reporting functions, but I would like to see more data as it relates to the success. You get the impressions and actions taken, but I would like to know how many times an individual sees the popup before finally entering their email, if more than once, as an example. Otherwise, I'm very happy with this tool.

Stop Leaving Money On The Table!

Bewertet am 3.1.2019
Sachin E.
Digital Marketing Specialist

Kommentare: Sumo which when I first started using was referred to as SumoMe has proven to be a worthy addition to my website arsenal and a valuable tool to recommend throughout my digital marketing consultancy. This set of tools has boost some of my clients email acquisition strategies as a number of clients where established brick and mortar stores but online virgins. SumoMe interface was really intuitive and presented very little headaches for my clients to wrap their heads around with a number of them collecting list of 1,000+ plus emails after previously struggling to even get 50 emails in the beginning.
These tools definitely adds value to any arsenal !

Vorteile: Grow your email list seamlessly
Address cart abandonment concerns
Ability to collect email address from user on exit
Discount Codes (ecommerce plan offers unique codes)
Autoresponder
And more

Nachteile: Free version advertises on your website
Plans can be costly if site offers little ROI

Enhance Your Website Visitor's Experience While Also Gaining Greater Insight

Bewertet am 7.9.2019
Douglas C.
Sport, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Setting up Sumo on each of my websites was very intuitive and easy to accomplish. There are features that allow you to personalize the look and the experience visitors to the site will each have. Once set up it then runs on autopilot to track some helpful metrics on those visitors and what they do while on each site. Sumo enhances the look and functionality of the site on which it is installed while providing helpful functions that improve each visitors experience.

Vorteile: I like best the ease of use in setting up this program to provide my website visitor's with a better on-site experience while also providing me with detailed metrics on those visitors.

Nachteile: I've been using Sumo on two websites for more than a few years and have not found anything about that I do not like.

Great Plugin For My website

Bewertet am 5.1.2019
Shashu A.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I am actively using SUMO on my website now. It's a great tool for my site. I've recommended it to many of my business connects. I use it for signups and newsletter listserves. I like that you can group signups by the promos you're running. The interface is easy to understand, it actually "guides" you through the creating process. It asks your desired outcome and where you'd like the signup box to appear, when, and what it will look like. You can turn on and off the sign-ups at any time. You can also send tests to see what it looks like when someone does sign up. You can check your website analytics with Sumo which is a great perk!

Nachteile: I hate that many times you have to re-login to sumo when it's connected through your website. Like I have Sumo linked as a plugin and I always have to re-login and I wish it would stay logged in. Also, when you are checking the analytics, I feel it could be more in-depth.
I wish that I could use more than one signup at a time. The unpaid version, of course, is limited. If you don't have design skills, you cannot make a "pretty" "pop-up" box with ease. But, if you're tech/design savvy, you should be okay.

Recommended for Leads Collection

Bewertet am 2.2.2019
Magnus O.
Customer Service Team Lead
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I also connected it to Google analytics to show overall page views and organic searches.

Vorteile: I use Sumo on both bookclubs.com.ng and a client's website I had set up on WordPress a few years ago. If you plan to collect emails on your website with pop-ups and other campaigns then I recommend it.
My dashboard also shows me comprehensive statistics such as Top 5 visited pages, conversions rates and all my subscribers.
They also make it easy for you to export subscribers

Nachteile: This feels really small to add to a review but logging out of Sumo completely will take an average techie awhile. I was looking for the log out button the first time I used it. It was so frustrating. I ended up going on their faq page on their website to find it. 'Click the "X" icon on the Sumo control panel (blue tab) while holding down the shift key to completely log out'. Why does it have to be so difficult?

Experience with Sumo

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Director of Briefcase

Kommentare: Great product. Have set it up for a handful of clients to build out their email lists.

Vorteile: Sumo gives users the ability to do one of the most important things an online business needs to do: collect emails to grow their list. They do so with great pop-ups, welcome mat, and smart bars.

Nachteile: Some of the functionality is a bit clunky. They seem to go wide vs narrow, i.e. trying to do everything instead of becoming the best at a few things.

von Sumo group an 12.9.2018

We're happy to have you as our customer. Thanks for the review!

The Easiest Way To again Customers

Bewertet am 16.11.2018
Lee M.
Musik, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Superb customer service.

Vorteile: Easy to use once fully set up. Very important to me is the ability to A/B test promotions and change pop ups, banners and welcome mats according to my current promotions.

Nachteile: Very little. I have a Pro Account but would like access to a few more “add-one” namely Short Cuts and Cart Casino. These are minor negatives and they would be available if I upgraded my account.

They have some bugs but i tried the free version and they keep getting better and add capabilities

Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Tal L.
Manager Marketing

Kommentare: Good. Gave me what I needed, free

Vorteile: Easy to use, great guides, helps achieve many marketing goals, combines analytics ontop of your website, great features

Nachteile: I encountered several bugs that didn't make me purchase but I'm pretty sure the paid version works great. They are a very good company, brand

von Sumo group an 21.9.2018

Thanks for your review, Tal! We are always improving our plans and hope you can feel more confident in using them :)

Good looking forms, but the asynchronous loading doesn't help the business

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Marketing Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Note that I've only used the SumoMe forms. Ignore this review if you're using their other tools.
The forms look good and you have the option to customize them in more-than-you-have-time ways.

Nachteile: The SumoMe forms aren't a bad tool, just that... You're at a conference and you have a single page with a SumoMe opt-in form for people interested in your product + some bad internet that you can't control.
The page you worked on only loads the rest of the content and people scroll past the form (the form that doesn't load, because it's made to load asynchronously and it prioritizes the rest of the content before the form).
So basically people just leave because they didn't see the form.
Now imagine the same thing, online, and all the users and their internet speed that you cannot control. That was the end of our story with SumoMe. And it had the potential to be a good story.

An ideal way to start building a list

Bewertet am 24.4.2019
Head of ICT
Musik, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great starter product, ironically with the type of offers provided by appsumo you'll probably end up ditching this for something else in the long run

Vorteile: Sumo allows you to quickly and easily grow a list using intuitive opt in forms You can build a large list of subscribers and then email them all within the free plan, which is great for starting out

Nachteile: Once you outgrow the free plan it starts getting expensive It improved over the time frame in which I was using it, but it did seem a bit sluggish

Great way to engage website's users

Bewertet am 11.7.2018
Mateusz P.
Co-founder
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Free to use, easy to set well-designed, discrete pop-ups, sharing features engaging content shares on social

Nachteile: The settings interface could be quicker, sometimes it's difficult to handle settings, e.g. if you have a live chat installed at your website.

Easy Email Collection

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Daniel E.
Designer

Kommentare: It’s a great experience with this software. It has boosted my email acquisitions strategies. It’s user friendly interface has given few, but little headache.

Vorteile: It has a pop-up feature that collects email from visitors.
Easy to create pop-ups with images and wizards.
It has the ability off setting frequency not to overwhelm visitors.

Nachteile: Adverts are placed on your site when using free version.
It comes with costly plans when small amount is offered on ROI.

Sumo makes getting new readers easy

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Melissa B.
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have used Sumo on my site for 2+ years. It has allowed me to capture new followers that I would not otherwise have added to my mailing list. I love the design of the pop ups.

Nachteile: There isn't anything that I would change about Sumo

Sumo Group is a Big Gift for Entrepreneurs

Bewertet am 18.10.2019
Luca R.
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using it for years and I tell you to try it now!

Vorteile: I am a fan of what [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the sumo group team is building. Sumo is an amazing tool and I recommend it frequently to friends and foes.

Nachteile: Nothing I can think of. Sumo is one of the most used and appreciated softwares in the category for a good reason!