Great, easy pop-up tool

Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Emily B.
Freelance Marketing Strategist

Kommentare: We have had a great experience with SUMO. We use it on multiple sites as an email capture tool, and our email subscriptions have tripled since adding this pop-up on our site as the first thing people see when coming to the site.

Vorteile: Sumo was a great addition to our company website to help gather email addresses through a pop-up when someone comes to the site. The pop-ups are easy to create with either custom imagery and their wizard, or using their basic templates. There are many options for the type of pop-ups that they offer. Implementation is immediate and was something that I could do without needing an HTML programmer. The pop-ups do not interfere with any other tracking or plug-ins on our site, and I like that I can set the frequency to not overwhelm frequent visitors.

Nachteile: I like the reporting functions, but I would like to see more data as it relates to the success. You get the impressions and actions taken, but I would like to know how many times an individual sees the popup before finally entering their email, if more than once, as an example. Otherwise, I'm very happy with this tool.

I use Sumo's free suite of tools on my Squarespace site, and I have been 'em for nearly three years.

Bewertet am 3.6.2018
Jake the film G.
Cofounder

Kommentare: A pain-free way to collect emails that go above and beyond what Squarespace and/or Mailchimp can offer to a startup/small business? Sumo has your back, hands down.

Vorteile: I love the (even at the freemium level) assorted tools they have for capturing emails. With a little bit of coding, you can customize your lead magnets, both in terms of appearance and delivery.

Nachteile: My only complaint with their suite of tools are their sharing tools, and this is nitpicky. I already have built-in share buttons on my CMS that look great on mobile and on a desktop. The Sumo tool was a real bother when I was using it (2015-2017). It even caused one of my followers to email and let me know it was a nuisance with this lagging (yet persistent in its following) behavior.

von Sumo group an 28.8.2018

Thanks for your review! We're constantly working on improvements and appreciate your feedback. If you ever would like to test out new features, here is a link to our Ecommerce plan free trial: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T
Good luck with your business!

Stop Leaving Money On The Table!

Bewertet am 3.1.2019
Sachin E.
Digital Marketing Specialist

Kommentare: Sumo which when I first started using was referred to as SumoMe has proven to be a worthy addition to my website arsenal and a valuable tool to recommend throughout my digital marketing consultancy. This set of tools has boost some of my clients email acquisition strategies as a number of clients where established brick and mortar stores but online virgins. SumoMe interface was really intuitive and presented very little headaches for my clients to wrap their heads around with a number of them collecting list of 1,000+ plus emails after previously struggling to even get 50 emails in the beginning.
These tools definitely adds value to any arsenal !

Vorteile: Grow your email list seamlessly
Address cart abandonment concerns
Ability to collect email address from user on exit
Discount Codes (ecommerce plan offers unique codes)
Autoresponder
And more

Nachteile: Free version advertises on your website
Plans can be costly if site offers little ROI

Enhance Your Website Visitor's Experience While Also Gaining Greater Insight

Bewertet am 7.9.2019
Douglas C.
Sport, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Setting up Sumo on each of my websites was very intuitive and easy to accomplish. There are features that allow you to personalize the look and the experience visitors to the site will each have. Once set up it then runs on autopilot to track some helpful metrics on those visitors and what they do while on each site. Sumo enhances the look and functionality of the site on which it is installed while providing helpful functions that improve each visitors experience.

Vorteile: I like best the ease of use in setting up this program to provide my website visitor's with a better on-site experience while also providing me with detailed metrics on those visitors.

Nachteile: I've been using Sumo on two websites for more than a few years and have not found anything about that I do not like.

Great Plugin For My website

Bewertet am 5.1.2019
Shashu A.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I am actively using SUMO on my website now. It's a great tool for my site. I've recommended it to many of my business connects. I use it for signups and newsletter listserves. I like that you can group signups by the promos you're running. The interface is easy to understand, it actually "guides" you through the creating process. It asks your desired outcome and where you'd like the signup box to appear, when, and what it will look like. You can turn on and off the sign-ups at any time. You can also send tests to see what it looks like when someone does sign up. You can check your website analytics with Sumo which is a great perk!

Nachteile: I hate that many times you have to re-login to sumo when it's connected through your website. Like I have Sumo linked as a plugin and I always have to re-login and I wish it would stay logged in. Also, when you are checking the analytics, I feel it could be more in-depth.
I wish that I could use more than one signup at a time. The unpaid version, of course, is limited. If you don't have design skills, you cannot make a "pretty" "pop-up" box with ease. But, if you're tech/design savvy, you should be okay.

I really like sumo. I use a lot of its features on my blog. It helped a lot.

Bewertet am 6.6.2018
Colleen W.
professional blogger

Kommentare: It helped incorporate features on my blog with ease that I wouldn't of been able to do otherwise.

Vorteile: I love that a lot of its features are easy to use. They come with very easy to use directions. It has a lot of features that costs money on other programs.

Nachteile: I use the free version, and I wish it had more choices for that. I also wish it had better choices for email. I have to use another program for that.

von Sumo group an 28.8.2018

Hello, Colleen! Thanks for the warms words. I noticed that you are using our free version and would love to see more features and options under this version. We currently offer free 14 day trial of our Ecommerce plan. Check it out and see if it has what you are looking for: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T

Recommended for Leads Collection

Bewertet am 2.2.2019
Magnus O.
Customer Service Team Lead
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I also connected it to Google analytics to show overall page views and organic searches.

Vorteile: I use Sumo on both bookclubs.com.ng and a client's website I had set up on WordPress a few years ago. If you plan to collect emails on your website with pop-ups and other campaigns then I recommend it.
My dashboard also shows me comprehensive statistics such as Top 5 visited pages, conversions rates and all my subscribers.
They also make it easy for you to export subscribers

Nachteile: This feels really small to add to a review but logging out of Sumo completely will take an average techie awhile. I was looking for the log out button the first time I used it. It was so frustrating. I ended up going on their faq page on their website to find it. 'Click the "X" icon on the Sumo control panel (blue tab) while holding down the shift key to completely log out'. Why does it have to be so difficult?

Experience with Sumo

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Director of Briefcase

Kommentare: Great product. Have set it up for a handful of clients to build out their email lists.

Vorteile: Sumo gives users the ability to do one of the most important things an online business needs to do: collect emails to grow their list. They do so with great pop-ups, welcome mat, and smart bars.

Nachteile: Some of the functionality is a bit clunky. They seem to go wide vs narrow, i.e. trying to do everything instead of becoming the best at a few things.

von Sumo group an 12.9.2018

We're happy to have you as our customer. Thanks for the review!

Good Concept, Terrible Execution

Bewertet am 2.7.2018
Parttime Lecturer
Hochschulbildung

Vorteile: I like to concept of the product and the abilities it has to incorporate popups to your website without adding more than a script to your site.

Nachteile: Everything else. Their help service is the worst and they often treat you as an idiot. Even with photos and indepth information about issues, they still are unable to understand the problem. We went round and round with them for 4 months about an issue to later find that it was a bug on there end. Using the product is hard and the data you're provide on your popups is limited.

von Sumo group an 28.8.2018

Hello! Thank you for your review and I am sorry you've experienced issues with the software. We've made lots of updates to our service and hope you can reconsider using Sumo for you business. I highly recommend trying out our new Shortcuts feature :) Here is a link to free trial for you: http://bit.ly/2LBfk1T

The Easiest Way To again Customers

Bewertet am 16.11.2018
Lee M.
Musik, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Superb customer service.

Vorteile: Easy to use once fully set up. Very important to me is the ability to A/B test promotions and change pop ups, banners and welcome mats according to my current promotions.

Nachteile: Very little. I have a Pro Account but would like access to a few more “add-one” namely Short Cuts and Cart Casino. These are minor negatives and they would be available if I upgraded my account.

They have some bugs but i tried the free version and they keep getting better and add capabilities

Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Tal L.
Manager Marketing

Kommentare: Good. Gave me what I needed, free

Vorteile: Easy to use, great guides, helps achieve many marketing goals, combines analytics ontop of your website, great features

Nachteile: I encountered several bugs that didn't make me purchase but I'm pretty sure the paid version works great. They are a very good company, brand

von Sumo group an 21.9.2018

Thanks for your review, Tal! We are always improving our plans and hope you can feel more confident in using them :)

Good looking forms, but the asynchronous loading doesn't help the business

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Marketing Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Note that I've only used the SumoMe forms. Ignore this review if you're using their other tools.
The forms look good and you have the option to customize them in more-than-you-have-time ways.

Nachteile: The SumoMe forms aren't a bad tool, just that... You're at a conference and you have a single page with a SumoMe opt-in form for people interested in your product + some bad internet that you can't control.
The page you worked on only loads the rest of the content and people scroll past the form (the form that doesn't load, because it's made to load asynchronously and it prioritizes the rest of the content before the form).
So basically people just leave because they didn't see the form.
Now imagine the same thing, online, and all the users and their internet speed that you cannot control. That was the end of our story with SumoMe. And it had the potential to be a good story.

An ideal way to start building a list

Bewertet am 24.4.2019
Head of ICT
Musik, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great starter product, ironically with the type of offers provided by appsumo you'll probably end up ditching this for something else in the long run

Vorteile: Sumo allows you to quickly and easily grow a list using intuitive opt in forms You can build a large list of subscribers and then email them all within the free plan, which is great for starting out

Nachteile: Once you outgrow the free plan it starts getting expensive It improved over the time frame in which I was using it, but it did seem a bit sluggish

Great way to engage website's users

Bewertet am 11.7.2018
Mateusz P.
Co-founder
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Free to use, easy to set well-designed, discrete pop-ups, sharing features engaging content shares on social

Nachteile: The settings interface could be quicker, sometimes it's difficult to handle settings, e.g. if you have a live chat installed at your website.

Easy Email Collection

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Daniel E.
Designer

Kommentare: It’s a great experience with this software. It has boosted my email acquisitions strategies. It’s user friendly interface has given few, but little headache.

Vorteile: It has a pop-up feature that collects email from visitors.
Easy to create pop-ups with images and wizards.
It has the ability off setting frequency not to overwhelm visitors.

Nachteile: Adverts are placed on your site when using free version.
It comes with costly plans when small amount is offered on ROI.

Sumo makes getting new readers easy

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Melissa B.
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have used Sumo on my site for 2+ years. It has allowed me to capture new followers that I would not otherwise have added to my mailing list. I love the design of the pop ups.

Nachteile: There isn't anything that I would change about Sumo

Great tools + great content

Bewertet am 8.11.2018
Managing Director
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Get more optins. It helps with this.

Vorteile: Easy to set up. High converting templates. Lots of different tools included.

Nachteile: On a previous site the code made the site slow but I think they have improved this now. Also Initially the export feature was not free but I understand the thinking behund htis.

von Sumo group an 9.11.2018

Thanks a bunch! We're working on additional features that would be available to our new and existing customers very soon. Stay tuned. Great updates are on the way ;)

We use Sumo to add social buttons to our Wordpress sites and to grow newsletter lists

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Megan B.
Editorial Director
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that is collects all the data on social buttons and on newsletter subscriber acquisition fields all in one place.

Nachteile: It often feels buggy, and the changes I implement on the backend don't always show up, requiring me to repeat steps sometimes.

von Sumo group an 28.8.2018

Thanks for your review, Megan! We're constantly working on software improvements and value your input. If you experience any issues with the website, please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team.

Many Tools in One Tool

Bewertet am 12.9.2017
Crystal I.
Marketing Content Developer
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: There's a lot going on with Sumo. Sumo comes with many features that help improve your website: a welcome mat, floating share buttons, heat maps, content analysis, etc. I originally wanted Sumo for the floating share buttons, but then realized it could do a lot more.

Nachteile: Had quite a few issues with the floating share buttons conflicting with our website theme, BUT, Sumo has great customer support, so they overcame that con and turned it into a pro.

A plugin for my Wordpress website.

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Joanne W.
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been generally happy with the product. It can help grow your email list and to generate more sales.

Vorteile: Sumo has been a tool I've used to help grow my email list and to generate more sales.

Nachteile: There is a free version and a paid version, the free version not syncing the emails into certain email newsletter software platforms. That can be annoying when wanting to trial the product before buying it.

Good Straight Forward Way To Build Your Subscribers

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Sean F.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Great plugin for wordpress sites, helps to let your readers quickly share your articles & content to the rest of their network and the while. Perhaps the easiest tool to use to help get more subscribers - very user friendly sharing bar too.

Nachteile: While Sumo is great, it is not fully compatible with quite a few website platforms and builders that include Wix.

A wonderful tool for lead growth

Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Andrey R.
Marketing Business Development Manager
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Sumo helped me to learno more about the behavior of the visitors.

Vorteile: My experience with Sumo is when I implemented it to a Wordpress site. The implemantation was very easy and all tools wored quick.

Nachteile: I don't have any complaints with Sumo but if yo want to keep yor site from any form of distractions, then better not use that tool.

von Sumo group an 18.12.2018

Thanks for your review, Andrey!

Lead Capture tool

Bewertet am 29.10.2018
Amon S.
Hausmeisterservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This simple tool took me about 10 minutes to setup and has won me over 300 email subscribers on my website! I like the ease of setup.

Nachteile: When wanting to view subscribers it seems to be 3 clicks to many to get where I want to go. I wish their was a more direct root.

von Sumo group an 30.10.2018

Hey, Amon! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! <3

bad product with a nice pack

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: They know how to market themselves.
They know how to convert users to pay.
They are a profitable company.

Nachteile: UNUSABLE product. we only wanted to use ONE popup and couldnt
Horrible customer support with limited knowledge about their own product.
The popups simply work only 30% of the times.
Our website loading time sky high with Sumo script.
Sumo added popup in the footer without letting us know (ON A PAID SUBSCRIPTION!)
We lost days to enable the implementation, and yet, the product isnt function.
Bad user experience.
Not enough documentation.
Product simply wont work.

It's a great tool but i encountered many bugs

Bewertet am 28.3.2019
Tal L.
Manager Marketing

Kommentare: Could have been great unless these bugs that didn't allow me to enter the sumo site and work with the tool

Vorteile: The tool is very smart and useful, very easy to work with, great functionality. I worked for a cybersecurity company so it might just be that the bugs occurred because of the heavy protection on the website.

Nachteile: only the bugs that disturbed me. I can't remember something I wanted to do and couldn't. The autoresponder email is sent with your own email marketing automation platform. It didn't include my platform but it did include Zapier.