Foxit Reader Bewertungen

von Foxit Software

4.5 / 5 218 Bewertungen
Foxit Reader

Plenteous functionalities crammed in a small package

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Deba O.
IT Support executive
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Foxit reader for personal and official purposes and prefer it as my default Portable document files (pdf) viewer because the installation is quick and the software usage is painless, straightforward and lightweight while being very fast.

Vorteile: I have been using Foxit reader for a really long time and must admit that it has managed to evolve without actually ditching it lightweight features and clean user interface it has been known for. Most people tend to believe that pdf files are usually always clean (virus free). This is not true. The makers of Foxit reader realizes this and added some security-related features, such as Safe Reading Mode to ensure that suspicious script will not be triggered when you launch your pdf files as well as add/Verify Digital Signature, Sign PDF Documents, Disable JavaScript. These security features have saved me a number of times and are my favourite features in it. I like that I can Install extension for Foxit Reader PDF Printer and use it to delete pages I don’t want during print. Foxit reader can be easily used to create and fill pdf forms and even used to merge pdf files (I actually use this function a lot). It effortlessly handles workings with all pdf files for your peace of mind. They even have the portable version you can install on a pen drive and use everywhere your pen drive is inserted. Unlike most other free readers, it allows you to create PDFs and participate in a shared review with your workgroup.

Nachteile: Foxit reader cannot be used for PDFs that contain Flash animations or 3D CAD drawings and It also lacks OCR capability which I consider a really big constraint. Additionally, when installing Foxit reader software for the first time or during an upgrade, you will do well to read the installation process carefully before clicking next to avoid installing unwanted items which can change your system settings and install unnecessary toolbars in your browsers and desktop.

Foxit PDF Reader goes above and beyond the call of duty (and will even "read" your PDF to you)

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 18.8.2018
Vernessa T.
Freelance Writer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Foxit Reader goes above and beyond the call of duty, giving me a set of tools for working with PDF documents not found outside of web-based premium add-ons or in more expensive software. (Most PDF readers don't allow you to create files, only read them, unless you use a premium, cloud-based version.) It renders pages quickly, even large documents. From combining documents to adding attachments to incorporating thoughtful security measurements, Foxit Reader does a good job. Since I've been using it, it has only crashed once (I'm not sure why). There are a few gotchas but I'm hoping the creators will pay attention to those and keep improving Foxit Reader. I recommend it to friends and clients alike.

Vorteile: This review is about the standalone version of Foxit Reader for Windows PC. My favorite feature is ability to create a PDF from most types of files (docs, spreadsheets, text, graphics), and from scanner or from text copied to the clipboard. And Foxit Reader includes my all-time favorite: a tabbed interface so you can open more than one PDF at a time. Really useful is being able to add attachments to a PDF file, and a way to manage any attachments whether they arrived with the document sent to you or you are creating a new document and want to attach files. To top it off, if you add folder, it includes all the documents in the folder, saving you some precious time. The commenting system takes commenting a bit further. Using the "typewriter" feature, you can add a single or multiple lines of text anywhere in the document (wherever there is some white space.) Once you turn the typewriter feature on, you have to remember to toggle it back off or you'll inadvertently have "lines" of text in weird places every time you click the mouse. Security is baked in, including a feature that allows you to turn off all features in the software that require an internet connection. Being a consultant often working with time-sensitive deliverables, I appreciate the variety of protection schemes especially digitally signing with DocuSign and time stamps.

Nachteile: The User Manual is online so when working offline the manual is not available. Ditto with the help system -- no help if you're not connected to the internet. Since it is in PDF format (albeit online), why not include it with the software for offline use? I like this feature but it could stand some finessing: Foxit Reader incorporates a "read PDF" feature where the PDF you're viewing can be read to you. Unfortunately, the voice is rather robotic and the inflections don't quite cut it, but it's still a neat feature to have in a pdf reader. Too bad it's a Windows-only program. I'm also a Linux user so I'm always looking out for programs that are cross-platform or can run on multiple operating systems.

Light but efficient and fast

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Osayi jude O.
Assistant Manager
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I prefer foxit reader for use with my pdf files because it is fast and hardly make my pc slow down. The level of control is just perfect for me even if the search function is supposed to be a deal breaker but I am willing to bear that “little setback” just to keep enjoying the software.

Vorteile: I was using another pdf software to view pdf files which always caused my pc to hang until a colleague recommended foxit reader to me. It has worked flawlessly for me. Foxit reader is the only reader I know how to use to delete unwanted pages in the middle of my pdf documents. This is a very useful function for me. Foxit reader load very fast and open Files quickly.
I particularly like using the Safe Reading Mode to open doubtful files downloaded from the internet so that my pc will not be affected by viruses if embedded in them. I also use it to Sign and fill PDF Documents.
The updates are not as regularly as the other software I was using but you get the feeling they only release updates if they really have to and the effects are usually noticeable. For a non-techy person like me, I like that the interface functions are not plenteous and is very easy to use.

Nachteile: In the course of my duties, I do a lot of search within the files I work with and must say foxit reader search function is unreliable. I have learnt to do it using other means like the windows search function.
I do not know if it is my pc but I have problems when opening files larger than 60mb on foxit reader.
I sometimes get pop up to install other software within foxit reader interface especially when I am connected to the internet. I can understand this because I use the free version but it can sometimes be a nuisance when it appears frequently thereby unsettling you.

Small Footprint but full featured

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 30.4.2019
David G.
IT Project Manager
Vermögensverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using Foxit for about a decade now, and it continues to perform and deliver in most aspects and features you'd expect from a PDF tool.

Vorteile: First of all, Foxit Reader has a very small footprint. Sure there are some with smaller installer or installation size, but compared to Acrobat, this is pretty small and feels lightweight for almost the same features. The ribbon is a welcome feature pretty similar to Microsoft Office. It has a very clean interface and the Icons, menus, and functions are easy to find and navigate. I use PDFs a lot since MS Office/LibreOffice formats when interchanged the formatting gets messed up, and so I use PDF and Foxit to create and edit it. Filling out forms is easy, and not problematic in terms of having to put in smack within the target text area. I also use Foxit for merging different PDFs together, mostly coming from scanning, to PDFs, and merge. Reading with Foxit is also great, full-screen, and adaptive to the monitor setup I have. Knowing the keyboard shortcut also helps a lot. And lastly, Foxit is now available for Windows, Mac and Linux which means I can use it wherever I go since I use different OS'es when I move around.

Nachteile: A little bit subtle, but if you're not careful you might end up installing additional software (other then Foxit Reader) during the initial installation. There's this small checkbox you have to watch out for. Other than that, free of paid, Foxit is great!

Foxit Reader - Best free pdf reader

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Caleb J.
Junior Website developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using this application for over 2 years now and I love every inch of it, along with its features and capabilities. it is lightweight, hence it opens super fast, and does just about everything else I might need from a pdf viewer since I don't really use this software for editing pdf.

Vorteile: Foxit Reader - is one of the best free pdf reader on the market with more features than you bargained for in one little package. First of all, I must say that it is a light weight application, which is one of reasons I choose to go this route. Although free, once again this is another software that packs a punch when it comes to loads of usable features available and customizable down to the theme it comes with. it has a clean and organized user interface with the office like ribbon you know and love. Apart from what comes installed by default, you also have the ability to download and install adds on which we know will boost the capabilities of this amazing pdf viewer, just to name a few.

Nachteile: As it being a free software with ton loads of usable features and customization, I don't have any cons at the moment.

One of the best pdf readers in the market!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 23.6.2018
Clarence L.
Coordinador Helpdesk

Vorteile: For 10 years you have the option of pointing text and currently has functions in the cloud, where if you do not have a full editor you can change from PDF to WORD, PDF to EXCEL, PDF to JPG, among others and it's free. It is one of the readers that remains an alternative to the creators of the format, although there are already other competitors such as Nitro, it is still the favorite for those seeking simplicity, speed of reading and stability (some readers delay in opening a file, but with foxit it's very fast). Recommended its use widely!

Nachteile: Maybe for PDF purists, do not like the tape mode of your menu (although it is not new) it is very simple to manage. In addition to its way of opening documents that do it in "tab" mode as a browser (it is possible to change the reading mode as adobe) for those who come from other PDF readers can open their documents in individual windows, that for some users It can be something that costs them to adapt. Nothing significant to comment on the rest.

Yes this one is better than the others

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 14.2.2019
Profit Executive

Vorteile: It is quick, no lag, like the big boy in town.
It's got great features already built into it, like Signature. I've got my signature as an image saved within the software and can easily and quickly sign documents! Use it all the time!
The bookmarking is very useful as well and it's extremely intuitive to use.
It has the ribbon up top similar to Office products, which makes it a no brainer for me.
Also the highlighting is quick.
Entering text is easy and looks good.

Nachteile: My first impression of it was a bit lacking -- just seemed cheap looking to me. It performs great, however the feel of the look didn't give me the intial vote of confidence. The various extra features that you log in for ... could be me, but that was a major hassle I kept putting off. I'd get reminded over and over again and tried to get it done, but something up with the system they had made that part clunky. All this to say ... I still choose Foxit, hands down.

Best PDF software.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Shashank V.
Software Trainee
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been able to share documents through my email or facebook and can store my documents with the help of plugins like Google Drive, Dropbox. I can scan the documents from the scanner, add it in the PDF, add some reference documents along with the PDF for reference. I can provide security to my PDF document so that the file can only be shared to selected users with basic authentication. I highly recommend to use this software and I am satisfied with the features this software provides.

Vorteile: It is a lightweight software and easy to install. Can integrate our Foxit reader with cloud storages like Google Drive, Dropbox. The PDF's we create using Foxit reader can be moved to cloud storages. Easy conversion of text files, powerpoint files, word document files to PDF. We can add graphics, make some
notes, highlight the text, type some external text, make some comments in the PDF and can print out the PDF. Security can also be provided along with the PDF file and attachments can also be added along. We can add our own PDF signatures at the end of each page. We can share our PDF with only selected users. The PDF file can be converted to text, powerpoint, excel file. Redaction feature is available where we can hide some parts of the document.

Nachteile: I did not find any flaws with this software.

Foxit Reader has been the most convenient PDF reader I have used in years.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 22.5.2018
John T.
Regional Manager
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Foxit has eliminated the fluff and unusable components that typically populate PDF readers which try to serve multiple audiences. The features I use most besides the "pront to PDF" are the free form typing, which allows me to add commentary and notes that are not "comments" but become part of my PDF, and the PDF Sign, which allows me to create, store and manage signatures that I import to the software. With the latter, it embeds the signature image in the form, which then protects it from being altered or removed. Foxit is also a no-brainer scanner software that easily integrates your scanner/copier and camera imaging.

Nachteile: I do wish that I could password protect documents as easily as the mobile version of Foxit allows. Additionally, I wish there were a simple way of grouping PDF documents in separate tabs and saving a group PDF documents as a single "tabbed" document.

It is one of my favorite PDF managers

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 15.7.2018
Alirio rubén R.
Gerente de Marca - Integrigo
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is a very light and intuitive program. A lot of icons allow you, in a very simple way, to manipulate your PDF files at will. It comes with an integrated media player, functionality allows you to process multimedia without leaving the program. It integrates perfectly and without great configuration level with most of the most used web browsers on the Internet. The annotation functionality allows you to add your comments to your PDFs in moderately customizable formats. Taking care of the consumption of resources of your computer, Foxit opening multiple PDFs in tabs and not in independent windows, as in other programs

Nachteile: It really is a simple program that meets the functionalities that one expects from a PDF reader. Perhaps some of the cons that the software represents is the poor translation it presents in some languages.

Foxit Reader - First choice PDF reader for me

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Civil Engineer
Tiefbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The best PDF reader available in the market for free of charge with the thousands of functions and highly recommended.

Vorteile: Since my Academic period, Foxit reader is the first choice and default reader for my personal laptop. There are plenty of reasons available for the choice of Foxit reader. Ease of use, Attractive UI, Minimum RAM consumption, hassle-free multi-tab functionality, Easy to install and Foxit cloud are some of the cons I really enjoy. Specially, thousands of features available for just free of charge in here.

Nachteile: when compared to the positive sides of this software, the negative side is just negligible. The additional software attempts to install during Foxit initial installation is only cons I ever noticed and sometimes Foxit get struck while switching between multiple tabs.

High Quality Reader and PDF Solution

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 27.10.2018
Juliet W.
Accountant
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is an upgraded yet easy to use and more efficient pdf reader.

Vorteile: Save time with Foxit Reader as it has a read-out-loud option where you get to listen to your contacts being read out as if in a lecture. Have your documents protected with the document protect feature that Foxit Reader brings along. Be sure to also save your document in a cloud backup for more safety, and Foxit Reader will ensure that you can do this. The software gives the user the chance to also post documents for discussion and share documents with network as well. It is a software like no other, as it will also enable you to convert your documents between different file formats.

Nachteile: Foxit However may not be able to display advanced file formats such as documents with 3D models in them.

Awesome and Free for Personal Use

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 10.10.2018
Researcher
Logistik & Lieferkette, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using it for a long time, and I love it. Foxit reader is fast and efficient. I do not think normal users like me need more than free version. If you need solution for a group, then try Foxit Phantom if you can, and you will not be disappointed.

Vorteile: This software is simple and to the point. You will know how to use it right from beginning. I usually used Adobe software to read Pdf, but after discovering foxit reader, I never come back. This software is also light ,fast and to be updated regularly. It also has foxit editor online for you to edit your pdf. Foxit Drive is a bonus point.

Nachteile: Usually I need to read 2 pdf documents in 2 separate monitors, but I can't do so with foxit reader. Foxit Drive has a really small storage amount (500 mb), which I think is not useful.

Love Foxit

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Swan - xuan N.
Graduate Enrollment Intern
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A good PDF reader software. Don't forget to discover some amazing features it has beside the reading function.

Vorteile: I love how it looks. It is simple, pretty light and plain. Foxit is super fast too. Foxit Reader is not only just for reading. We can highlight and take notes on it too, pretty handy when you want to put some remarks on your professors' lecture notes.
It has the recent file section which is great, and it automatically opens the page where I left.
What I love most about is the signature (PDF sign) function. Super handy when working in a multinational company, you won't have to run around waiting for your documents to be hand signed.

Nachteile: The welcome screen is pretty annoying. I don't like it.

Free, simple, and easy to use. Gets the basics done!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 27.7.2018
Nathan K.
Administrative Assistant
Forschung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Free program to read any PDF files, ability to virtually sign PDF documents, add comments, text boxes, and edit PDF files. Overall, this free PDF program has everything you need from a paid version and it gets the job done well.

Vorteile: One of my favourite aspects of this software is the 'comment' feature. This function allows you to add a little chat icon anywhere on your PDF document, which you can double click to expand to a larger text box. Here, you can enter any sort of relevant text that you need. This function is great for adding little side notes to your document, and for a student like me, is very useful in adding extra information beside points on a professor's lecture slides.

Nachteile: What I like the least is that there are ads. Of course, this is a free software, and so perhaps this is how they are able to profit. Though this is very minor. The ads are not intrusive and there is only a few that pop up but go away after some time/when you exit them and they do not reappear to bother you. However, still tedious and annoying nonetheless.

You won't need any other PDF reader

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 16.10.2018

Kommentare: I have been using Foxit reader for years and I never had any issues with it whatsoever. It is the default PDF reader on my laptop and it works like a charm. Definitely recommended.

Vorteile: 1. It is free and works great.
2. I find it much better than Acrobat reader in terms of ease-of-use, functionality, and features.
3. It comes loaded with tons of features that make your life a lot easier.
4. It lets you open multiple files at any given time.
5. Regular updates keep bugs away.
6. It is fast. No lags. No issues.

Nachteile: The only thing that I don't like is that there are limited features available to the free users. If you want to get access to all the features, you have to switch to premium.

Great and light Reader

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 23.3.2019
Román josué D.
Data Science Team Lead

Kommentare: Reading PDF files, highlighting important parts, copying text, capturing snapshots, and much more is made easier with Foxit Reader. I can't complain about it.

Vorteile: Since I found out about Foxit Reader it has become my main reader software, and the one I recommend to others. It's a very light option, has many tools and plugins to read PDF files, the search engine is fast and useful.
I like that on the home screen you can see the list of recent files and open them at the point where you left the last time.

Nachteile: I don't like the format of the text which is copied and then pasted in another document. Styles and correct formatting should be copied easily from PDF files.

Great Alternative to Adobe Acrobat!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 21.2.2019
Matt M.
Project Manager- Payment Processing
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Foxit Reader preforms/runs much more smoothly than its main competitor (Adobe Acrobat). My entire organization (5000+ employees) has deployed the enterprise edition of Foxit Reader and is very happy with the switch.

Vorteile: Foxit Reader is a light-weight, feature rich, cross platform reader that is outstanding for viewing, reading, and basic annotations in PDFs. It's system overhead is very low and its very responsive even when viewing larger PDF files.

Nachteile: The user-interface is cumbersome. Foxit reader uses a Microsoft Office-like ribbon interface, but their ribbon is very text-heavy and cluttered looking. This can make it difficult to find what you're looking for in the ribbon/menus.

Love Foxit!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Client Relationship Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a great PDF software. If you are looking for an upgrade from the standard Adobe reader, look no further!

Vorteile: I use Foxit everyday and I love it! It has great functionality, a lot more than some of the other PDF viewers out there. I love how you can edit PDFs in many ways, including editing text inside of the PDF seamlessly! It has really helped me out in my business. I use it craft contracts and PDFs every single day. I also love how the user interface is really intuitive and easy to use.

Nachteile: I don't love the color scheme of the user interface, so I wish you could change the colors or the themes. But other than that I love everything else!

Great place for viewing your pdfs and files

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 18.4.2019
Marlin H.
System Administrator
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's nice because I have multiple files open all at once and it really just upsets me when I have to have many windows open all over the place and windows key and tab doesn't make it that easy to find what you need. I know there are some that may prefer it that way but I like to have all my files in tabs that make it easier to find and i like how it just makes it easy to find and search. I use it to keep tabs, no pun intended, on my documents and helps me organize them in terms of importance and usefulness to passwords, documentation, etc...

Vorteile: It's very easy to use and it is great for keeping tabs on your pdfs. I like how it gives you that option vs other readers that I have used. I don't mind it so much to have windows open since my pcs are able to handle the workload but to me, having it all in tabs and in one place is just so much easier.

Nachteile: I don't like how long it takes to start up. Not really a gripe unless you are trying to get it to load up in a prompt manner for something you need. Not sure why but it takes it a while to load then once the window itself is loaded, it takes a bit more for the file itself to load but after a while, it starts to show it's shine and how it helps you so I don't consider it much of a con overall.

Foxit PDF reader is light and fast!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 29.6.2018
Daniel W.
CIO
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy, lightweight, simple PDF reading.

Vorteile: I like the lightweight feel of the application as a whole. Competitors softwares feel sluggish when opening. The options in the "ribbon" actually make sense in layman's English. The SHARE button! It's great, in one place I can email the pdf or send it to Evernote or OneNote. I love the way sticky notes look when making notations on a document.

Nachteile: It's a shame the product cannot make form fields with the basic version. The ability to export a pdf as word or excel would be greatly beneficial and is a feature a competitor offers.

Most convenient document management software

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 31.3.2019
BMS Engineer
Industrieautomation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using this app over 5 years as my default PDF reader. Still I love this software.

Vorteile: This is the one of best PDF reader which include bunch of features in one little package.as well as the support plugins on outlook.loving colored Ui is very easy to handle and more supportive to handle documents such as highlighting, adding book mark and adding text and comments. Speed and stability is pretty enough.If anyone use foxit one time it will be the default PDF reader ever.

Nachteile: Welcome screen disturbing when starting the app.Adds content but no any disturbances.

A Must-Have Reader for Everyone

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Joseph N.
Professional Freelancer
Schreiben & Editieren, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is such an amazing software. I love it!

Vorteile: This software has got so many features within itself. Most amazing is the cloud backup feature that allows you to back up your files just in case you lost your device. Second is the document protection feature. Share your documents over your network with confidence they all will be safe! How sweet. Do not forget to convert your documents to any format using the Foxit Reader. Convert between audio visual to PDF, from jpg to PDF, from pdf to word, ... How incredible! Have your text also read out loud for you. Everyone should in deed try this software.

Nachteile: The voice however is limited in variety and one can only use the same voice again and again.

Super lightweight and easy to use to read files in Pdf format.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 23.7.2018
Joseli R.
Agente Control de Espacio
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It allows me to review the work files that come to me in the mail quickly and easily, I can make a preview before working them and so have an idea of how to use them. Foxit actually helps me get a first look at the files before sitting down to do my weekly reports. This program makes my job a little easier because it saves me money because I do not have to print my documents to read them.

Vorteile: Is so light it installs very quickly on the computer and works very quickly. The files are not seen in a slow way, that is, it does not take long to load files with large amounts of information and graphics, this is very useful when using PDF files in business presentations. Something that I love is that it does not use any type of plugin for browsers and this causes that the files are downloaded in the pc and they do not open inside the explorer becoming slow with the risk that the computer is locked.

Nachteile: Foxit is great for its size, it fulfills what it promises but sometimes when we want to select a part of the text it does it half-way, it does not shade everything I want and I have to try it several times until I achieve it. But that would be the only thing that should be improved. I like the rest of the program because it is very practical and useful.

Excellent PDF Viewer with varies options available at the Entry Level product

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 2.2.2019
Jeff D.
IT
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: PDF Writer built in, can modify and flatten files "on the fly" including Stamps and Signatures (both system created and user created). Lightweight and doesn't require too many updates or interruptions. Easy to use GUI with well thought out placement of items.

Nachteile: Some features continually get enabled after every update. Seems to try and get more "customer experience" and "data collection" more so than in years past. Can occasionally get buggy or crash causing numerous instances to hang in Windows.