A great PDF reader

Bewertet am 21.6.2019
Shoaib S.
People & Culture Officer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Foxit is our default goto pdf reader. We use proof reading and making suggestions with the comment features using the "Call Out" feature. It also saves us the trouble of having to print papers just to have them stamped and signed.

Vorteile: You can convert any document file whether its in word format or excel or powerpoint straight to pdf by right clicking and choosing convert to FoxitPDF. It just a wonderful feature.
Also adding notes, comments, using pen to draw if you have touch screen laptop makes editing pdf alot easier.
BEST feature is having the ability to sign documents and save multiple signatures, stamps etc. This feature alone has saved us time and money.

Nachteile: When you open multiple pdfs, it opens in a separate TAB, like how it does in internet explorers. Its very annoying if you want to compare or have 2 pdfs side by side.

Plenteous functionalities crammed in a small package

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Deba O.
IT Support executive
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Foxit reader for personal and official purposes and prefer it as my default Portable document files (pdf) viewer because the installation is quick and the software usage is painless, straightforward and lightweight while being very fast.

Vorteile: I have been using Foxit reader for a really long time and must admit that it has managed to evolve without actually ditching it lightweight features and clean user interface it has been known for. Most people tend to believe that pdf files are usually always clean (virus free). This is not true. The makers of Foxit reader realizes this and added some security-related features, such as Safe Reading Mode to ensure that suspicious script will not be triggered when you launch your pdf files as well as add/Verify Digital Signature, Sign PDF Documents, Disable JavaScript. These security features have saved me a number of times and are my favourite features in it. I like that I can Install extension for Foxit Reader PDF Printer and use it to delete pages I don’t want during print. Foxit reader can be easily used to create and fill pdf forms and even used to merge pdf files (I actually use this function a lot). It effortlessly handles workings with all pdf files for your peace of mind. They even have the portable version you can install on a pen drive and use everywhere your pen drive is inserted. Unlike most other free readers, it allows you to create PDFs and participate in a shared review with your workgroup.

Nachteile: Foxit reader cannot be used for PDFs that contain Flash animations or 3D CAD drawings and It also lacks OCR capability which I consider a really big constraint. Additionally, when installing Foxit reader software for the first time or during an upgrade, you will do well to read the installation process carefully before clicking next to avoid installing unwanted items which can change your system settings and install unnecessary toolbars in your browsers and desktop.

Foxit PDF Reader goes above and beyond the call of duty (and will even "read" your PDF to you)

Bewertet am 18.8.2018
Vernessa T.
Freelance Writer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Foxit Reader goes above and beyond the call of duty, giving me a set of tools for working with PDF documents not found outside of web-based premium add-ons or in more expensive software. (Most PDF readers don't allow you to create files, only read them, unless you use a premium, cloud-based version.) It renders pages quickly, even large documents. From combining documents to adding attachments to incorporating thoughtful security measurements, Foxit Reader does a good job. Since I've been using it, it has only crashed once (I'm not sure why). There are a few gotchas but I'm hoping the creators will pay attention to those and keep improving Foxit Reader. I recommend it to friends and clients alike.

Vorteile: This review is about the standalone version of Foxit Reader for Windows PC. My favorite feature is ability to create a PDF from most types of files (docs, spreadsheets, text, graphics), and from scanner or from text copied to the clipboard. And Foxit Reader includes my all-time favorite: a tabbed interface so you can open more than one PDF at a time. Really useful is being able to add attachments to a PDF file, and a way to manage any attachments whether they arrived with the document sent to you or you are creating a new document and want to attach files. To top it off, if you add folder, it includes all the documents in the folder, saving you some precious time. The commenting system takes commenting a bit further. Using the "typewriter" feature, you can add a single or multiple lines of text anywhere in the document (wherever there is some white space.) Once you turn the typewriter feature on, you have to remember to toggle it back off or you'll inadvertently have "lines" of text in weird places every time you click the mouse. Security is baked in, including a feature that allows you to turn off all features in the software that require an internet connection. Being a consultant often working with time-sensitive deliverables, I appreciate the variety of protection schemes especially digitally signing with DocuSign and time stamps.

Nachteile: The User Manual is online so when working offline the manual is not available. Ditto with the help system -- no help if you're not connected to the internet. Since it is in PDF format (albeit online), why not include it with the software for offline use? I like this feature but it could stand some finessing: Foxit Reader incorporates a "read PDF" feature where the PDF you're viewing can be read to you. Unfortunately, the voice is rather robotic and the inflections don't quite cut it, but it's still a neat feature to have in a pdf reader. Too bad it's a Windows-only program. I'm also a Linux user so I'm always looking out for programs that are cross-platform or can run on multiple operating systems.

Light but efficient and fast

Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Osayi jude O.
Assistant Manager
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I prefer foxit reader for use with my pdf files because it is fast and hardly make my pc slow down. The level of control is just perfect for me even if the search function is supposed to be a deal breaker but I am willing to bear that “little setback” just to keep enjoying the software.

Vorteile: I was using another pdf software to view pdf files which always caused my pc to hang until a colleague recommended foxit reader to me. It has worked flawlessly for me. Foxit reader is the only reader I know how to use to delete unwanted pages in the middle of my pdf documents. This is a very useful function for me. Foxit reader load very fast and open Files quickly.
I particularly like using the Safe Reading Mode to open doubtful files downloaded from the internet so that my pc will not be affected by viruses if embedded in them. I also use it to Sign and fill PDF Documents.
The updates are not as regularly as the other software I was using but you get the feeling they only release updates if they really have to and the effects are usually noticeable. For a non-techy person like me, I like that the interface functions are not plenteous and is very easy to use.

Nachteile: In the course of my duties, I do a lot of search within the files I work with and must say foxit reader search function is unreliable. I have learnt to do it using other means like the windows search function.
I do not know if it is my pc but I have problems when opening files larger than 60mb on foxit reader.
I sometimes get pop up to install other software within foxit reader interface especially when I am connected to the internet. I can understand this because I use the free version but it can sometimes be a nuisance when it appears frequently thereby unsettling you.

Easy to use!

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Marisa P.
Paralegal
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A pleasant experience 3+ years in! I was using Nuance Power and it was super confusing.

Vorteile: I currently have Foxit Phantom PDF, however, I had originally started using the free version years and years ago! It has been such a life changer! I work within this PDF editor daily, I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I remember a time when I didn't have this in my life and I just don't know how I was able to go about my daily activities without it. Anyone who works in the Legal Industry or just office industry in general can benefit from this software! The price for this is paid back within no time. It has helped to maintain my efficiency!

Nachteile: Nothing that I can think of! I really enjoy using Foxit and it has been everything I could have asked for and more.

Foxit reader is the best option for creating pdf files

María lucía S.
Coordinadora SSr
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall is a extremely powerful PDF reader. Its free version is so complete, has a lot of functionalities that other readers lack, as higlighting, screenshot options, creating PDFs from other files, sharing, and the possibility of adding notes. I would reccomend Foxit both to office employees and university students.

Vorteile: Foxit Reader was first reccomended to me by a friend from the university, long time ago, when we needed easy to use PDF readers that allowed highlighting the files. So, I started using it 5 years ago, If I'm not wrong. Later, I discovered that this software had other great features (apart from highlighting options), but my favourite is the possibility of converting files in any format to PDF fast and easily, just by selecting the file from your device. I had some reports made of images that I had to convert to PDF without losing quality, because some clients asked that. Foxit helped me to do that in less than a minute.

Nachteile: I don't have many cons to remark, but sometimes its tab system to open the files it's a little bit confusing if you're still not used to the software.

So much more than just a free PDF reader

Gabriel junqueira S.
Marketing and sales director
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I create pdf files everyday. So before sending them out to my clients, I also must check all those files. Foxit allows me to deal with multiple files at once easily, and also allows for 'on the fly' corrections and digital signing. Because of that, Foxit got incorporated into my workflow now, and it makes me more productive.

Vorteile: It goes far beyond what you would expect from a free PDF reader. Starting from the interface, which looks nice and yet efficiently organizes a lot of options and tools in a familiar, instinctive way. Anyone who is familiar with the most popular office software suit out there will breeze through Foxit's functionalities.
I also love the way it handles multiple files, with tabs for each opened file. It reminds me of how most graphic design apps deal with that, so this feels very natural given my background in graphics design.
Another great functionality, and here is were Foxit jumps ahead, is the "Create PDF" menu. With one click it can create a new PDF from a file, from a scan or a blank page. Along with the built-in PDF editor, this makes for a blunt and powerful tool that makes those quick and dirty jobs a walk in the park.

Nachteile: The free version show a few ads for the company's other products (paid and free), which is to be expected. However, it does not get to be annoying. Sometimes it can actually be useful because it may lead you to one of their free online services that just happen to be what you need, such as their free file conversion tools.

Typing PDF

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Maria M.
Legal Assistant
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Exceptional experience given the typewriter button function, granted, I'm not walking around the office as much and getting my exercise, but I am getting MORE done.

Vorteile: The typewriter feature is used constantly! Gone are the days of printing a PDF, taking it to the mechanical typewriter and inserting additional language that does not "fit" the PDF layout. Also, being able to see (as a different color) the items inserted is helpful.

Nachteile: Multiple tabs when opening multiple documents. Would work better for me if they opened in their own windows or if I had an option to choose new window versus additional tab (so I can alt-tab to each when working on multiple documents).

Small Footprint but full featured

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
David G.
IT Project Manager
Vermögensverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using Foxit for about a decade now, and it continues to perform and deliver in most aspects and features you'd expect from a PDF tool.

Vorteile: First of all, Foxit Reader has a very small footprint. Sure there are some with smaller installer or installation size, but compared to Acrobat, this is pretty small and feels lightweight for almost the same features. The ribbon is a welcome feature pretty similar to Microsoft Office. It has a very clean interface and the Icons, menus, and functions are easy to find and navigate. I use PDFs a lot since MS Office/LibreOffice formats when interchanged the formatting gets messed up, and so I use PDF and Foxit to create and edit it. Filling out forms is easy, and not problematic in terms of having to put in smack within the target text area. I also use Foxit for merging different PDFs together, mostly coming from scanning, to PDFs, and merge. Reading with Foxit is also great, full-screen, and adaptive to the monitor setup I have. Knowing the keyboard shortcut also helps a lot. And lastly, Foxit is now available for Windows, Mac and Linux which means I can use it wherever I go since I use different OS'es when I move around.

Nachteile: A little bit subtle, but if you're not careful you might end up installing additional software (other then Foxit Reader) during the initial installation. There's this small checkbox you have to watch out for. Other than that, free of paid, Foxit is great!

Flexible and efficient PDF Reader

Bewertet am 28.7.2019
Meliksah T.
Engineer
Unterhaltungselektronik, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Foxit is just fine. I remember Foxit as a good old chap that I use since my time in college. Back then it helped me with lecture studies, now it helps me in business life with my academic paper publication releases and documents.

Vorteile: I like the flexibility Foxit provides when I study a PDF document. Ability to take notes, highlight, draw, etc. Not to mention it's free to use which makes it perfect for students. I used Foxit back then to study my lecture notes, now I use it to read brand-new academic paper publications and take notes. It marks where you left at the document and when you re-open the document, it automatically starts from there. Its simplicity is its beauty. Not to mention that it is a very efficient software which does not leech the system.

Nachteile: There's nothing I disliked during my readings, however if I have to name one, it could have a nicer UI perhaps with a cozier theme to simulate the cozy reading experience.

Foxit Reader - Best free pdf reader

Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Caleb J.
Junior Website developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using this application for over 2 years now and I love every inch of it, along with its features and capabilities. it is lightweight, hence it opens super fast, and does just about everything else I might need from a pdf viewer since I don't really use this software for editing pdf.

Vorteile: Foxit Reader - is one of the best free pdf reader on the market with more features than you bargained for in one little package. First of all, I must say that it is a light weight application, which is one of reasons I choose to go this route. Although free, once again this is another software that packs a punch when it comes to loads of usable features available and customizable down to the theme it comes with. it has a clean and organized user interface with the office like ribbon you know and love. Apart from what comes installed by default, you also have the ability to download and install adds on which we know will boost the capabilities of this amazing pdf viewer, just to name a few.

Nachteile: As it being a free software with ton loads of usable features and customization, I don't have any cons at the moment.

Best app for most word files, easy to use!

Bewertet am 13.8.2019
Carl R.
Retired
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was looking basically for a free .pdf file opener but also one that could open those perky .doc files too.
I came across FoxItReader in a Google search, tried it and was very satisfied.

Vorteile: I like how I can click any file, mainly a Word or .pdf and it is opened immediately.
The software is very user-friendly with simplified tabs that basically direct me to the proper files.

Nachteile: Nothing, it performs and opens most word files with ease.

An must try Adobe Acrobat alternative

Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Sebastian P.
admin
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use it on completing proforma invoices. The 'comment' featurea allows to complete the shipping details and the values and I can save the predefined signatures and names.
Completing pdfs is easy this way.

Vorteile: I liked that is fast, the ribbon design is similar to Microsoft Word. We used since years, because back then the filesize was smaller. That changed, but we still like it.

Nachteile: The constant begging for upgrading to the Phantom. The basic features are perfectly enough for us. But I guess this is the price of using a free software.

PDF reader with lot of extra features and security aspects

Bewertet am 25.8.2019
Aruna J.
Research assistant
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Foxitreader due to collaborating feature. The documents can be shared among the team as a pdf format helps to identify formatting errors. It opens larger files very quickly. Overall experience if a bit similar to Microsoft products.

Vorteile: The major functionality that I am interested in is the collaborative reading of PDF, we can annotate, share and collaboratively take others idea about the document. The next great thing is security. We can encrypt the file and send it to others. We can sign the documents using either own signature of using an eSignature. The interface is a bit similar to the Microsoft toolbar. A nice responsive application where it keeps tracks of previously opened documents.

Nachteile: It is a great pdf reader which is very responsive. Optical character recognition seems to have few issues. Other than that it is a great tool.

Foxit is my favorite PDF software by far!

Bewertet am 6.10.2019
Luke C.
Intern
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Foxit is my go to PDF reader for almost anything. I never use anything else unless I have to.

Vorteile: It's the only software that seems like it's innovating in this space. In terms of PDF softwares, there aren't many that are doing anything new. Foxit is easy to use, gives plenty of markup tools, has docu-sign, and a great interface.

Nachteile: Nothing at the moment! I just wish that the text to speech software was available on macOS. Currently, it's only for Windows users. Sometimes the print option isn't as intuitive as the default though.

One of the best pdf readers in the market!

Bewertet am 23.6.2018
Clarence L.
Coordinador Helpdesk

Vorteile: For 10 years you have the option of pointing text and currently has functions in the cloud, where if you do not have a full editor you can change from PDF to WORD, PDF to EXCEL, PDF to JPG, among others and it's free. It is one of the readers that remains an alternative to the creators of the format, although there are already other competitors such as Nitro, it is still the favorite for those seeking simplicity, speed of reading and stability (some readers delay in opening a file, but with foxit it's very fast). Recommended its use widely!

Nachteile: Maybe for PDF purists, do not like the tape mode of your menu (although it is not new) it is very simple to manage. In addition to its way of opening documents that do it in "tab" mode as a browser (it is possible to change the reading mode as adobe) for those who come from other PDF readers can open their documents in individual windows, that for some users It can be something that costs them to adapt. Nothing significant to comment on the rest.

Foxit Reader is the best PDF reader on the market

Bewertet am 21.6.2019
Success I.
Freelancer
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Foxit reader is used to convert files to PDF according to my client's needs on Fiverr. It is a great tool for writing freelance service.

Vorteile: Foxit reader enables plugin to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel to enable file conversion to PDF in just one click. Foxit reader also allows free offline conversion.

Nachteile: Foxit reader has no Cons all through my usage as it satisfies all my needs.

Yes this one is better than the others

Bewertet am 14.2.2019
Profit Executive

Vorteile: It is quick, no lag, like the big boy in town.
It's got great features already built into it, like Signature. I've got my signature as an image saved within the software and can easily and quickly sign documents! Use it all the time!
The bookmarking is very useful as well and it's extremely intuitive to use.
It has the ribbon up top similar to Office products, which makes it a no brainer for me.
Also the highlighting is quick.
Entering text is easy and looks good.

Nachteile: My first impression of it was a bit lacking -- just seemed cheap looking to me. It performs great, however the feel of the look didn't give me the intial vote of confidence. The various extra features that you log in for ... could be me, but that was a major hassle I kept putting off. I'd get reminded over and over again and tried to get it done, but something up with the system they had made that part clunky. All this to say ... I still choose Foxit, hands down.

Great Price - For Now

I.T. Technician
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been a great product, but I see the signs of price-grabbing.

Vorteile: Foxit Phantom PDF is a cost-effective PDF alternative to Adobe. Foxit is perfectly functional and its interface is easy-to-use. Documents can be combined, pages reorganized, security features manipulated, text detected and edited, and more.

Nachteile: The cost seems to be going up for the most current version, and it only supports for a year; buying the previous 8.3 version is no longer possible.

Best PDF software.

Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Shashank V.
Software Trainee
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been able to share documents through my email or facebook and can store my documents with the help of plugins like Google Drive, Dropbox. I can scan the documents from the scanner, add it in the PDF, add some reference documents along with the PDF for reference. I can provide security to my PDF document so that the file can only be shared to selected users with basic authentication. I highly recommend to use this software and I am satisfied with the features this software provides.

Vorteile: It is a lightweight software and easy to install. Can integrate our Foxit reader with cloud storages like Google Drive, Dropbox. The PDF's we create using Foxit reader can be moved to cloud storages. Easy conversion of text files, powerpoint files, word document files to PDF. We can add graphics, make some
notes, highlight the text, type some external text, make some comments in the PDF and can print out the PDF. Security can also be provided along with the PDF file and attachments can also be added along. We can add our own PDF signatures at the end of each page. We can share our PDF with only selected users. The PDF file can be converted to text, powerpoint, excel file. Redaction feature is available where we can hide some parts of the document.

Nachteile: I did not find any flaws with this software.

Foxit Reader has been the most convenient PDF reader I have used in years.

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
John T.
Regional Manager
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Foxit has eliminated the fluff and unusable components that typically populate PDF readers which try to serve multiple audiences. The features I use most besides the "pront to PDF" are the free form typing, which allows me to add commentary and notes that are not "comments" but become part of my PDF, and the PDF Sign, which allows me to create, store and manage signatures that I import to the software. With the latter, it embeds the signature image in the form, which then protects it from being altered or removed. Foxit is also a no-brainer scanner software that easily integrates your scanner/copier and camera imaging.

Nachteile: I do wish that I could password protect documents as easily as the mobile version of Foxit allows. Additionally, I wish there were a simple way of grouping PDF documents in separate tabs and saving a group PDF documents as a single "tabbed" document.

It is one of my favorite PDF managers

Bewertet am 15.7.2018
Alirio rubén R.
Gerente de Marca - Integrigo
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is a very light and intuitive program. A lot of icons allow you, in a very simple way, to manipulate your PDF files at will. It comes with an integrated media player, functionality allows you to process multimedia without leaving the program. It integrates perfectly and without great configuration level with most of the most used web browsers on the Internet. The annotation functionality allows you to add your comments to your PDFs in moderately customizable formats. Taking care of the consumption of resources of your computer, Foxit opening multiple PDFs in tabs and not in independent windows, as in other programs

Nachteile: It really is a simple program that meets the functionalities that one expects from a PDF reader. Perhaps some of the cons that the software represents is the poor translation it presents in some languages.

great alternative to some more expensive tools

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Gary W.
Senior Systems Admin
Computer-Vernetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a good cheap alternative to adobe acrobat (with its rising costs you need to find somethign cheap and user friendly).

Vorteile: free or cheap. better than some of the more expensive tools you can but from the larger software companies.

Nachteile: it lacks a few features but its a solid software that we use and install on a daily basis. we have had no real complaints to note.

Great Product

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Project Manager/Senior Technician

Vorteile: Full Featured, can easily deploy to all users through group policy
Great Value and Price
Allows you to create PDF's for Free without owning the full version

Nachteile: slower install
could use a nicer color scheme

Good lightweight pdf reader and nice editor as well.

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Haley S.
HR
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very positive. Lightwieght and the editor is much cheaper than Adobes package.

Vorteile: Its far more lightweight than adobes products. Takes up far less resources and doesnt suffer from bloat of useless features.

Nachteile: Learning curve in some instances. Nothing big, its just that most users are used to just using Adobes products.