Über Grasshopper

Hole dir die perfekte Telefonnummer für dein kleines Unternehmen und verwandle die Welt in dein Büro mit der virtuellen Telefonanlage Grasshopper.

Erfahre mehr über Grasshopper

It's competitively priced and easy to use. As for functionality, it connects with whatever other phone line you have through forwarding and it also sends an email with a voice message recording.

Bewertungen zu Grasshopper

Grasshopper hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 338 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Grasshopper bereits verwendet?

Lisa
Lisa
PC/Network technician and business owner in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Full-featured phone system at a reasonable price

Kommentare: My customers are still telling me how impressed they are with the new system. We've had it for just over a year now, and some of the aches and pains of the old system have faded in my mind. Even so, I can tell you it's leaps and bounds above the last system we had. It takes around 10% of the time I used to spend setting up old extensions, and causes almost none of the aggravation and worry I had with the old system.

It was very easy to set up, even though my company's phone system is pretty complicated. They have great tools that are easy to implement. For example, I change the forwarding for at least one of my extensions several times a day. This process is easy and everything works flawlessly, as does the simultaneous ringing of my cell phone when someone calls my extension. I had some trouble with one number I ported from another provider, and the help desk fixed it within a couple of hours. A few months later, I had problems porting a fax number from an online fax provider, and they fixed it immediately. (The fax feature provided by Grasshopper is excellent, too!) Their prices are very reasonable, and they have taken a great deal of worry off my plate. I am very glad I found this software!

I can't say I have had any problems with the software that wasn't taken care of immediately by the excellent tech support. I had a little trouble setting up the extensions and recordings, but I had never had anything but an old-fashioned phone system before. Considering my lack of experience, the virtual system was not hard to figure out, and it was well worth it!

Brent
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The most features for the price

Kommentare: Very positive overall.

Grasshopper offers business telephone features that you will pay a lot more for with any other provider. You get a phone number, voicemail, unlimited calling, IVR, multiple extensions, and custom call management.

Lacks advanced call features you might find with other VOIP providers, and because it's a virtual phone service, you still have to use your mobile phone to answer calls. Also, the Android app is a bit buggy and doesn't always notify me when I've missed a call, so I have to open the app to check it.

Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Poor App Quality lead to outgrowing the product, wasn't able to successfully port out my numbers

Kommentare: Between Nov 20th 2022 and Feb 1st 2023 I have been trying to port out our phone numbers from Grasshopper (per their instructions) to the new carrier but had to abandon one of our numbers because after over 2 months there has been no forward movement. Support on top of being unhelpful referred me to their underlying carrier Bandwidth.com who flatout rejected (as they should) my inquiry since we are not a direct customer of theirs (Grasshopper is)

It was cheap, like really really low cost compared to competitors

Desktop and Mobile apps were unreliable leading to people to internally to use call forwarding, call forwarding adds extra delay and negatively affects call quality. There's no CRM integrations. Support is useless, references to a support portal (to see current/past inquires) is referenced but no long available to account holders. Security is lax (all I need is a 4 digit PIN to make any changes to the account)

Reema
Associate Director in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great VoIP System

Kommentare: Overall, I have enjoyed our time with Grasshopper.

I really like Grasshopper. I enjoy that we can now direct callers to the right program they are interested in (we are a camp with multiple locations) and I love the voicemail feature, where voicemails are transcribed to text and sent to users via email so you can have the different call directs sent to different people, and you can see the transcript of miss caller needs so you can direct the right employee to it.

I have found that, when it directs to a mobile line, it shows the Grasshopper number and not the caller number, so sometimes you're going into a call for a caller you know blind because you can't see their number.

Joshua
Joshua
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Costly, But Lots of Features

Kommentare: Overall, I was highly pleased with the quick onboarding process. It took less than 30 minutes to have the app fully set up and my number activated. My business chose to go with Grasshopper primarily because it's a trusted and well-known name in VOIP. Grasshopper has enabled us to have a separate phone number for our business and adds a ton of convenience in that we are able to use it with their app on our smartphones.

I like that, compared to its competitors, Grasshopper offers a wider variety of useful features. Some of my favorite features are visual voicemail, conference calling, Wi-Fi calling, virtual fax, and business texting. All of those features and more are included in all of their plans at no additional cost.

There are only two things that I dislike about Grasshopper. The plan pricing is the first on my list. They offer three different plans; I have the cheapest one which costs $29 per month which includes the phone number plus three lines. Second, I dislike that in order to use the Wi-Fi calling feature, you must first disable the Wi-Fi calling feature if you already use it with your cellular plan.

Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Grasshopper good for small business

Kommentare: I've been using Grasshopper for over three years and have had no need to switch. I have a toll free line that makes it easy for my customers to reach me across Canada.

Grasshopper has a lot of features that I use as a small business. The ability to set the working hours and messages in advance makes controlling my time a lot easier.

It took a bit of time to set up but besides that, Grasshopper does what it is supposed to. I have been using it for 3 years plus and no issues so far.

Personalwesen, Selbstständig

Very Basic; Room for Improvement

Ultimately this system is very straightforward and easy to use. For a small business, it provides the basic functions I need. I needed a business line so I could keep my personal phone free of business and this served that purpose.

One of my biggest frustrations is that it does not have a separate contacts function. The phone app requires syncing with my personal phone contacts which is exactly what I did NOT want. I wanted my business contacts completed separated from personal friends and family. Even the desktop app does not allow for that.

Rian
Rian
President / Founder in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen

Best Virtual Phone!

I have tried other virtual phone systems, and I am happy I made the switch to Grasshopper. First off, their app, flawless! Never once has the app crashed on me. I have 3 toll-free phone numbers, using the cell app, I can simply change what number I want to call from without revealing my personal number. I was able to upload my own custom recorded auto attendant message and upload VM greetings for each extension. Bringing over my toll free numbers was a breeze, they easily stepped me thru the process. I can transfer calls and put calls on hold while on the phone, a game changer! My favorite feature, is Call Blasting. Where when a caller chooses a specific number, grasshopper will ring multiple phones at once until the call is answered! I am very happy with Grasshopper and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a top notch professional phone system!

On the grasshopper call log, sometimes it errors and logs the wrong phone number that the call came in on. The incoming Caller ID is correct, however the GH Log will show they called Line 2, when I know it was line 1.. Not a big deal, I'm sure they will fix that soon ;-)

Antwort von GoTo

We love the title of your review Rian! Thanks for the thoughtful review. Happy to hear Grasshopper has been such an easy switch for you.

Jaron
Jaron
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SO much better than Google Voice.

Grasshopper has been exactly what I needed. I wanted a company phone number, but I didn't want to carry around a 2nd phone or install a landline like it's 1997. I have virtual administrators who handle my customer service, and I will often need to switch the prioritization of who should receive calls first in the queue. Grasshopper solves all that with some pretty great software. The queue function, voicemail, and SMS alone are great. There are other features too that I haven't even gotten around to setting up yet.

Occasionally it has its bugs. The app isn't perfect, it's like maybe a 7/10 in terms of speed and reliability. I often get double notifications for one thing. Sometimes calls don't come through but it can't be replicated, and we recently had some login issues. Overall it's still quite good and I don't intend on switching, but it still has some things to work out before I would preach it to my friends.

Antwort von GoTo

Thanks for your review Jaron! We're always working on improving our app. You should start to notice some improvements soon, if you haven't already!

Kathy
Kathy
USA
Quelle: GetApp

It gives me new hope that Customer Service can be excellent!

I can sign in easily, I can get phone messages by text or voicemail. I can easily set up extensions for multiple people with ease. I can add new phone numbers and search for the numbers I want. There is so much I can easily do with this product, and when I have a question, the customer service goes beyond my wildest dreams for being prompt, and if they can't answer a question, I get a higher level of support immediately. They even offered to refund money on a service I wasn't getting (and thought I was). No haggling. Just reasonable people working overtime to do excellent work.

It would be great to have a lower cost for international return calls. We're an international company and there are additional charges for my Irish therapist returning calls via Grasshopper.

Lauren
Director of Business Strategy in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Affordable option, but unreliable phone app

Kommentare: Grasshopper did what we needed it to, it was short on features, but we made it work for multiple years. It is definitely the cost-friendly solution, especially for small businesses, and as long as you are not relying heavily on the phone app and use the desktop application. Also a plus, someone always picked up the phone when we called support, which I really appreciated.

It was very easy to begin using, not a ton of set up required, very easy to reach technical support when issues arose.

The phone app is very unreliable, we have been experiencing issues for months now, currently looking for better options, as the glitches take a significant toll on our ability to do business day to day, causing lots of frustrations.

MARLON
Reservations Manager in Belize
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Best Virtual Phone System There Is!

Kommentare: My team and myself are very pleased from day one with this system! Its amazing features make our job so much easier; receiving telephone calls from our international clients right from our computer at no cost to them but yet very affordable for us! Calls are also forward to my cellphone when I'm not in office and this is very important for me. This system has for sure help our business grow. We are very satisfied with Grasshopper and look forward keep on taking advantage of this reliable and affordable Virtual Phone System!

That our clients from the USA and Canada are able to get in touch with us free of cost to them. This is great because majority of our clientele is from the US and Grasshopper is very affordable for us. All calls are forwarded to our land line in Belize or to my cellphone when I'm not in office; love this feature! With the Grasshopper App for windows, calls can be answered from your computer; all you need is a headset. This system just amazes me with it's features that keep making my job so much easier! Our clients also fax us using this same toll free number and it is delivered right to my inbox; this is amazing. This system has really helped increasing our sales.

My team and myself are very pleased with Grasshopper system, reason why we are still using it for many years. No complaints at all.

Elliott
Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Avoid Ruby service add on; product needs updates

Kommentare: The biggest problem was when I upgraded to add the Ruby receptionist service. What was set up as a plan that was only going to cost a few hundred dollars, quickly ran up to costing well over a thousand. I then spend hours trying to figure out the billing and on being on hold with customer service reps to sort out the problem. The billing was a complete mess and I never got an explanation for it. To make it worse I kept getting automated emails asking if my problem was resolved, and would repeatedly list the questions I still had about the billing. The response was that I needed to call in. I would call in and either be put on hold, or be told it was a Ruby problem. And of course the Ruby people said it was a Grasshopper issue. It was the worst customer service experience I have ever had. So now I have switched to Ooma - should have do so long ago.

It served its basic purpose of voicemail.

Over the few years I used it, they never made any upgrades. The ios app functioned well enough for basic things, but seemed to be forever just a beta product. The website's settings were hard to navigate and setting up the incoming call workflow was too cumbersome.

Möbel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Straightforward, simple, and cost-effective way to juggle and route multiple phone numbers for SMBs.

Kommentare: We use it to run a "website question" 1-800 phone number that routes to different stores and remote individuals at different times with multiple options for service.

It's extremely easy to use and very affordable. You can setup custom phone numbers and create routing between all kinds of phones. It gives the appearance of having a more sophisticated setup than you really do. You can setup holding music, routing rules, voicemail, multiple users, and more between office phone systems, personal cell phones, and everything in-between. You can set hours for each number and routing rules such as order, how many times to ring, and what numbers ring to which numbers.

The only thing I wish it could do that it doesn't is record calls, and that is a big downside to me. A nice to have feature might be being able to assign calls to specific users. Otherwise, it handles everything I need very well.

Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Why Invest in PBX Hardware?

Kommentare: We've used Grasshopper for years and dollar for dollar it has been a great investment.

Our company made the move away from a PBX VOIP system years ago opting instead for employee cell phones and Grasshopper. It is much more flexible and economical. The administration interface is easy to work with. Each user can have their own extension and there is a directory that works by the spelling of the user's last name. You can also set up a roll sequence for incoming calls.

It is really not the product's fault but you have to teach your users about the way voicemail is handled when using a virtual PBX. Messages coming in via the PBX number and extension are routed through Grasshopper while messages coming from a direct call a handled by the cell carrier.

Ron
Founder, Co-Owner in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, convenient, and best customer service I've ever experienced

Kommentare: Our main business line and my personal business line are both through Grasshopper, and all of our calls are handled easily and efficiently. Very satisfied with our VOIP, and have no desire to change anytime soon.

SIMPLE. It's an easy-to-use VOIP that has plenty of features that are helpful and very user-friendly. Voicemail transcripts and auto-text responses make it a breeze to deal with missed calls, and the mobile app is well-designed and functional. My entire staff uses it seamlessly. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH. Every time I call in, they are incredibly professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Response time is excellent. Quite possibly some of the best customer service I've experienced with a software company.

Only one minor gripe: the current feature for custom call scheduling is a bit dysfunctional, and requires manually setting hours. Would not be so bad, except when I have to do it for 5 employees, it can take a bit of time. A "save call schedule" feature would be extremely useful here, to then just apply to the others.

Jodi
Office Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for small business

Kommentare: It is great for a small business, but I have a feeling we will outgrow it soon. I do like the capability to text clients. It has served its purpose to get our spa up and running.

I love the texting capability we have to contact our clients. It is easy to forward when out of the office and easy to recall messages from clients.

I wish there were a way to block texts when our our spa is closed. I will get text from clients at all hours of the night. I wish there was a place to forward texts to when we receive them in our off hours. I feel the customer service is not great. I rarely call to get help with something and when I have the issue was never resolved.

Ryan
Network Admin in USA
Lagerung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Small Business Phone Solution

Kommentare: Overall we have been using grasshopper for over 5 years and the cost savings over an ISP and internal phone system has been great for the company. Web view to setup users and extensions make setup and changes a breeze that anyone can do it.

As a small business employee with mostly working remote the ability to use our cell phone for work and keep the calls separated has been great. The voice announce feature when a call comes through so you know it is a business call verse personal is awesome.

None that I can think of at this time. That must be good.

Vivian
Principal in USA
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Grasshopper Business Phone service

Kommentare: Overall the system is easy to operate. Good quality sound and a great value!

Easy to set up system. Flexible, easy to use system and to forward calls and access voice mail. Simple for clients to navigate system to contact individual persons with in the company.

The function of forwarding calls to individuals cell phones is not as clear as it could be to the end user as the caller ID only comes through as the company name or the recipients name since the call originated to the company, then the individual. The system does not track the caller ID of the actual caller when the call is forwarded so you are answering blind.

Kevin
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Love it.

Kommentare: The price for establishing or transferring a toll free or local number is a bargain once you realize that you now have a switchboard that will route your calls to land lines or cell phones. You can create or use one of their professional voices (extra fee) to create you main message and amessage for each of the extensions that you establish. You can also receive and route incoming faxes. Call notifications can be directed to specific email addresses. You can also opt for voicemail transcription delivered via email. Extremely useful and time saving for a small business.

Value, flexibility, features, mobile app.

The setup is a little clunky, but the end result bid worth the learning curve.

Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for One Person

Kommentare: Only one of us is using it - and it works with only one person. it gets too complicated if you try and add a second person to the number. VERY CONFUSING SOFTWARE

I like how they transcribe voicemails and send them to your email. If I'm in a meeting and get a missed call and voicemail, I can just read the email and it will tell me what the caller said. I also like how you can manage the ring time.

The customer service is awful. They made me feel so dumb for not knowing how to setup a voicemail. Also, you have to prerecord or call into a number to record your voicemail, you can't do it on the app. It also is a pain because if someone calls you and you pick up, it is an automated person asking if you want to accept or decline... it just seems like a waste of time.

Earlene
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, Selbstständig

Grasshopper

Kommentare: My experience is very positive. I liked when they added text messaging. Easy to receive and distinguish calls. They also provided a toll free number and secondary local number.

Grasshopper is a software product that distinguishes your personal calls from your business call. I like that I can see customers so I may always accept their call.

I have extensions on my phone. Sometimes the customer will skip over my extension which is one for scheduling. My partner gets scheduling calls, it appears that the customers that the customers don’t listen to the greeting.

Antwort von GoTo

Thanks for the great review, Earlene! If your caller ever ends up at the wrong extension you can always transfer them back to the right one. Just press ## on the call and follow the steps to transfer a call.

Leah
Owner in Kanada
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cheaper options available

Kommentare: Over all ok but sometimes calls are dropped and dial out is delayed. Missed calls may be recorded, sometimes not.

Local number can be forwarded, use app on phone, texting, auto response, different extensions, novelty number are all good.

I started using the product and initially the basic package allowed for over 100 exemptions, now it’s limited. They charge in USD so with exchange rate the product is too expensive. Found free software alternative with almost same functionality. Will be switching.

Bill
Director of Operations in USA
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It has been a wonderful experience using the service.

Kommentare: Ease of use and availability for the whole staff to work on it

We use multiple lines and numbers for our different clients to call in. We have to adjust the answering service portion frequently and we can do it with ease. We have to use a client hotline as well as the guest's hotline and we can manage them remotely while the dispatch team can also from an offsite location.

It would also be nice to have the dial by name directory set up with name prompts the same as the line extensions.

Debra
Business owner in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Is your voicemail system buggy? Try Grasshopper

Kommentare: Positive. The best feature by far for us is the pro voice talent I can easily hire to record the business outgoing message.

We are a service business and spend time on client sites. We require a stable voicemail service to capture customer calls. Grasshopper does a nice job.

I’d like to pay for use by the number of calls they receive. Our business has cycles where it gets more calls at different times of the year