Über Grasshopper

Hole dir die perfekte Telefonnummer für dein kleines Unternehmen und verwandle die Welt in dein Büro mit der virtuellen Telefonanlage Grasshopper.

Erfahre mehr über Grasshopper

It's competitively priced and easy to use. As for functionality, it connects with whatever other phone line you have through forwarding and it also sends an email with a voice message recording.

Bewertungen zu Grasshopper

Grasshopper hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 339 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Grasshopper bereits verwendet?

Lisa
Lisa
PC/Network technician and business owner in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Full-featured phone system at a reasonable price

Kommentare: My customers are still telling me how impressed they are with the new system. We've had it for just over a year now, and some of the aches and pains of the old system have faded in my mind. Even so, I can tell you it's leaps and bounds above the last system we had. It takes around 10% of the time I used to spend setting up old extensions, and causes almost none of the aggravation and worry I had with the old system.

It was very easy to set up, even though my company's phone system is pretty complicated. They have great tools that are easy to implement. For example, I change the forwarding for at least one of my extensions several times a day. This process is easy and everything works flawlessly, as does the simultaneous ringing of my cell phone when someone calls my extension. I had some trouble with one number I ported from another provider, and the help desk fixed it within a couple of hours. A few months later, I had problems porting a fax number from an online fax provider, and they fixed it immediately. (The fax feature provided by Grasshopper is excellent, too!) Their prices are very reasonable, and they have taken a great deal of worry off my plate. I am very glad I found this software!

I can't say I have had any problems with the software that wasn't taken care of immediately by the excellent tech support. I had a little trouble setting up the extensions and recordings, but I had never had anything but an old-fashioned phone system before. Considering my lack of experience, the virtual system was not hard to figure out, and it was well worth it!

Brent
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The most features for the price

Kommentare: Very positive overall.

Grasshopper offers business telephone features that you will pay a lot more for with any other provider. You get a phone number, voicemail, unlimited calling, IVR, multiple extensions, and custom call management.

Lacks advanced call features you might find with other VOIP providers, and because it's a virtual phone service, you still have to use your mobile phone to answer calls. Also, the Android app is a bit buggy and doesn't always notify me when I've missed a call, so I have to open the app to check it.

Karely
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Terrible Experience

1,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Terrible experience, after selecting my number and using it for company marketing, Grasshopper was not able to accept my payment in no way, I called numerous times the customer services, tech support and billing that happens to be the same person and could not help me. Their answer was thta for internal reason they could not sell me the number period. This was after I ordered 4000+ flyers with the 1800 number from them. They intentionally gave my company losses, without taking any responsability.

At the beginning the set up seems very easy and customer friendly

They sell numbers that they dont own and after the free trial customers are not able to buy the number they have been using for 7 days

Reema
Associate Director in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great VoIP System

Kommentare: Overall, I have enjoyed our time with Grasshopper.

I really like Grasshopper. I enjoy that we can now direct callers to the right program they are interested in (we are a camp with multiple locations) and I love the voicemail feature, where voicemails are transcribed to text and sent to users via email so you can have the different call directs sent to different people, and you can see the transcript of miss caller needs so you can direct the right employee to it.

I have found that, when it directs to a mobile line, it shows the Grasshopper number and not the caller number, so sometimes you're going into a call for a caller you know blind because you can't see their number.

Joshua
Joshua
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Costly, But Lots of Features

Kommentare: Overall, I was highly pleased with the quick onboarding process. It took less than 30 minutes to have the app fully set up and my number activated. My business chose to go with Grasshopper primarily because it's a trusted and well-known name in VOIP. Grasshopper has enabled us to have a separate phone number for our business and adds a ton of convenience in that we are able to use it with their app on our smartphones.

I like that, compared to its competitors, Grasshopper offers a wider variety of useful features. Some of my favorite features are visual voicemail, conference calling, Wi-Fi calling, virtual fax, and business texting. All of those features and more are included in all of their plans at no additional cost.

There are only two things that I dislike about Grasshopper. The plan pricing is the first on my list. They offer three different plans; I have the cheapest one which costs $29 per month which includes the phone number plus three lines. Second, I dislike that in order to use the Wi-Fi calling feature, you must first disable the Wi-Fi calling feature if you already use it with your cellular plan.

Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Grasshopper good for small business

Kommentare: I've been using Grasshopper for over three years and have had no need to switch. I have a toll free line that makes it easy for my customers to reach me across Canada.

Grasshopper has a lot of features that I use as a small business. The ability to set the working hours and messages in advance makes controlling my time a lot easier.

It took a bit of time to set up but besides that, Grasshopper does what it is supposed to. I have been using it for 3 years plus and no issues so far.

Personalwesen, Selbstständig

Very Basic; Room for Improvement

Ultimately this system is very straightforward and easy to use. For a small business, it provides the basic functions I need. I needed a business line so I could keep my personal phone free of business and this served that purpose.

One of my biggest frustrations is that it does not have a separate contacts function. The phone app requires syncing with my personal phone contacts which is exactly what I did NOT want. I wanted my business contacts completed separated from personal friends and family. Even the desktop app does not allow for that.

Rian
Rian
President / Founder in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen

Best Virtual Phone!

I have tried other virtual phone systems, and I am happy I made the switch to Grasshopper. First off, their app, flawless! Never once has the app crashed on me. I have 3 toll-free phone numbers, using the cell app, I can simply change what number I want to call from without revealing my personal number. I was able to upload my own custom recorded auto attendant message and upload VM greetings for each extension. Bringing over my toll free numbers was a breeze, they easily stepped me thru the process. I can transfer calls and put calls on hold while on the phone, a game changer! My favorite feature, is Call Blasting. Where when a caller chooses a specific number, grasshopper will ring multiple phones at once until the call is answered! I am very happy with Grasshopper and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a top notch professional phone system!

On the grasshopper call log, sometimes it errors and logs the wrong phone number that the call came in on. The incoming Caller ID is correct, however the GH Log will show they called Line 2, when I know it was line 1.. Not a big deal, I'm sure they will fix that soon ;-)

Antwort von GoTo

We love the title of your review Rian! Thanks for the thoughtful review. Happy to hear Grasshopper has been such an easy switch for you.

Jaron
Jaron
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

SO much better than Google Voice.

Grasshopper has been exactly what I needed. I wanted a company phone number, but I didn't want to carry around a 2nd phone or install a landline like it's 1997. I have virtual administrators who handle my customer service, and I will often need to switch the prioritization of who should receive calls first in the queue. Grasshopper solves all that with some pretty great software. The queue function, voicemail, and SMS alone are great. There are other features too that I haven't even gotten around to setting up yet.

Occasionally it has its bugs. The app isn't perfect, it's like maybe a 7/10 in terms of speed and reliability. I often get double notifications for one thing. Sometimes calls don't come through but it can't be replicated, and we recently had some login issues. Overall it's still quite good and I don't intend on switching, but it still has some things to work out before I would preach it to my friends.

Antwort von GoTo

Thanks for your review Jaron! We're always working on improving our app. You should start to notice some improvements soon, if you haven't already!

USA
Quelle: GetApp

It gives me new hope that Customer Service can be excellent!

I can sign in easily, I can get phone messages by text or voicemail. I can easily set up extensions for multiple people with ease. I can add new phone numbers and search for the numbers I want. There is so much I can easily do with this product, and when I have a question, the customer service goes beyond my wildest dreams for being prompt, and if they can't answer a question, I get a higher level of support immediately. They even offered to refund money on a service I wasn't getting (and thought I was). No haggling. Just reasonable people working overtime to do excellent work.

It would be great to have a lower cost for international return calls. We're an international company and there are additional charges for my Irish therapist returning calls via Grasshopper.

MARLON
Reservations Manager in Belize
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Best Virtual Phone System There Is!

Kommentare: My team and myself are very pleased from day one with this system! Its amazing features make our job so much easier; receiving telephone calls from our international clients right from our computer at no cost to them but yet very affordable for us! Calls are also forward to my cellphone when I'm not in office and this is very important for me. This system has for sure help our business grow. We are very satisfied with Grasshopper and look forward keep on taking advantage of this reliable and affordable Virtual Phone System!

That our clients from the USA and Canada are able to get in touch with us free of cost to them. This is great because majority of our clientele is from the US and Grasshopper is very affordable for us. All calls are forwarded to our land line in Belize or to my cellphone when I'm not in office; love this feature! With the Grasshopper App for windows, calls can be answered from your computer; all you need is a headset. This system just amazes me with it's features that keep making my job so much easier! Our clients also fax us using this same toll free number and it is delivered right to my inbox; this is amazing. This system has really helped increasing our sales.

My team and myself are very pleased with Grasshopper system, reason why we are still using it for many years. No complaints at all.

Musik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Grasshopper is perfect for home, on the go and remote work businesses

Kommentare: As mentioned above, Grasshopper allows me to have the functionality of a full-fledged office phone system using only my cell phone. It was incredibly easy to get started, to set up and to add users later on. Every voicemail is available to listen to in the app itself, or, more conveniently, is emailed directly to me. One great feature Grasshopper offers is receiving faxes. You can use your same phone number with Grasshopper to receive faxes. Any fax that is sent to your number gets emailed to you. Even though faxing is not as common these days, people still use it. Not needing to have a separate fax number is great!

I love the fact that I can have a business phone number, with extensions, departments, transferring, voice mail and fax and it all goes straight to my cell phone (or my employees' phones who work remotely). It means that no matter where I am, I can take a call as if I were right in my office and the caller needn't know the difference.

I know this is going to sound silly, but since it's so easy to get set up and then it just works, the thing that I like least is when I do need to log back into my account to do something, it's usually been so long since I've visited the site that I need to reorient myself with the website and platform. It doesn't take long to figure my way around but rarely having to log in all the time definitely means that I need a little more time when I do log in.

Elliott
Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Avoid Ruby service add on; product needs updates

Kommentare: The biggest problem was when I upgraded to add the Ruby receptionist service. What was set up as a plan that was only going to cost a few hundred dollars, quickly ran up to costing well over a thousand. I then spend hours trying to figure out the billing and on being on hold with customer service reps to sort out the problem. The billing was a complete mess and I never got an explanation for it. To make it worse I kept getting automated emails asking if my problem was resolved, and would repeatedly list the questions I still had about the billing. The response was that I needed to call in. I would call in and either be put on hold, or be told it was a Ruby problem. And of course the Ruby people said it was a Grasshopper issue. It was the worst customer service experience I have ever had. So now I have switched to Ooma - should have do so long ago.

It served its basic purpose of voicemail.

Over the few years I used it, they never made any upgrades. The ios app functioned well enough for basic things, but seemed to be forever just a beta product. The website's settings were hard to navigate and setting up the incoming call workflow was too cumbersome.

Mario
Mario
General Manager in Kanada
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Stay away. There are much better products out there.

Kommentare: A huge disappointment all around. The only good parts are the text auto-reply, and that you can have multiple people access the texts on lines they are allowed access to. The worst part for us is that when we ported some numbers to another provider we lost access to all of our records (text messages, call logs and voice mails) associated with those numbers.

Simplicity. No needing for additional equipment.

Poor call quality. Wi-fi calling is awful. They claim that they do not alter the caller id, yet the same calls coming in on the mobile device show the caller's name (when published), but when routed through grasshopper you only see the name with very few exceptions.

Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Why Invest in PBX Hardware?

Kommentare: We've used Grasshopper for years and dollar for dollar it has been a great investment.

Our company made the move away from a PBX VOIP system years ago opting instead for employee cell phones and Grasshopper. It is much more flexible and economical. The administration interface is easy to work with. Each user can have their own extension and there is a directory that works by the spelling of the user's last name. You can also set up a roll sequence for incoming calls.

It is really not the product's fault but you have to teach your users about the way voicemail is handled when using a virtual PBX. Messages coming in via the PBX number and extension are routed through Grasshopper while messages coming from a direct call a handled by the cell carrier.

Katie
Office Manager in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Grasshopper is used in our agency for 24 hour on-call purposes as well as a hub for incoming calls

Kommentare: As the office manager, the software was able to take the place of giving staff cell phones to use for On-cal purposes and eliminated the need to give out staff phone numbers to people that may abuse the availability of our staff members.

I like that voicemails are emailed to users and that they can be listened to from the email. I also like the ease in changing phone numbers that are associated with Extensions as our On-call worker rotates every few weeks.

Since we use the software for 24 hour emergency on-call situations, it it imperative that the system doesn't have outages. We have had a few experiences where the calls were not getting to the extension phone number and simply going to voicemail or showing up as missed calls, when the phone never actually rang.

Charles
Owner/Operator in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

This has been a game changer for my business

Kommentare: Freedom, flexibility, accessibility.

I appreciate the flexibility this service gives me in being able to have a professional phone service through the cloud which means it is anywhere I am. I like the freedom of always having my phone service readily accessible. I'm able to have staff respond to client's needs throughout the day which frees me to work with clients who are in the office. Being able to schedule which staff will be responsible for taking calls has also created greater efficiencies within our office.

The only real area I would like to see improved would be for the caller id to push through rather than the indication of my office phone number when someone calls in.

Jodi
Office Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for small business

Kommentare: It is great for a small business, but I have a feeling we will outgrow it soon. I do like the capability to text clients. It has served its purpose to get our spa up and running.

I love the texting capability we have to contact our clients. It is easy to forward when out of the office and easy to recall messages from clients.

I wish there were a way to block texts when our our spa is closed. I will get text from clients at all hours of the night. I wish there was a place to forward texts to when we receive them in our off hours. I feel the customer service is not great. I rarely call to get help with something and when I have the issue was never resolved.

Kathy

Positive switch over, love the pricing, good value and wonderful experience overall

Kommentare: Lowering my phone bill is the first, having my calls follow me wherever I go is a definite plus.

Ease of use - once all settings are complete, you can have your office at your fingertips at all hours of the day. Professional way to conduct business while on the go. No complaints about the service and receiving phone calls. Seamless transition.

Sometimes the app on iPhone will not update properly and has to be deleted and redownloaded to pick up voice mails.

Antwort von GoTo

Glad to hear Grasshopper has been so helpful to you and your business! We're always working on improving our apps so hopefully you're no longer having an issue with the app updating. If you are, please let our support team know!

Joe
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Great package to make a small business look big!

Kommentare: Ease of telephone use for my customers. Makes us look professional!

Grasshopper has really improved over the years, especially with adding the Desktop app. And the ability to have multiple numbers to use in different areas of the business helps. Setting up numbers and recording messages is easy. Professional voice feature is also a nice plus.

Inability to delete messages within either the phone or desktop app -- you must go to the website to delete old messages. Also the desktop app doesn't follow store hour rules, so you have to remember to "set to private" when you are not accepting calls.

beth
owner in USA
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Easy and Reliable

Kommentare: I have been using this software for about a year and 1/2 and I haven't had any problems or glitches. I had a question about my bill early on and my question to the support team was answered right away. I love how easy it is to get my messages from email and they are saved in case I need to go back and listen or follow up on something. This service has been extremely reliable and it took minutes to set up, including getting 2 new phone numbers, 1 toll free and 1 local

This had all the features I needed and it was easy and fast to set up. The price was reasonable and options for additional services makes it customizable.

I don't have any cons or negative comments about this software although the price may be on the high side.

Antwort von GoTo

Thanks for your review Beth! Glad to hear how easy it was to get your business up and running on Grasshopper.

Paul
Project Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Transfer Calls using Grasshopper

Kommentare: Overall, Grasshopper has been great! The call gets transferred with ease and it is always high quality. I have never experience a dropped call while using this software.

We use Grasshopper as a means of transferring calls from our main line to specific people in our company. Grasshopper is great! We've been using it for a long time and it's been easy to use. I only get the transferred calls, but the quality of the calls are great!

No complaints about Grasshopper. It has great quality even though the call is a transfer form the main line.

Executive Director in USA
Regierungsbeziehungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The service simplifies our phone service needs.

Kommentare: Time saving organization of our group phone systems. We have people in 4 states, all using just their cell phones for contact. Works great.

Ease of use. Setting up the messages was fairly simple because of the web sight. Once I figured it all out, the set up was quick and easy. Using the lab for recorded messages is nice but certainly not nessesary

The delay when connecting to one of our extensions however, I understand it. Most people who are familiar with your service know that it is a Grasshopper call and not a larger system.

Alyssa
Alyssa
Trainer & Facilities Manager in USA
Tierarzt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great program but app needs improvement

Kommentare: We use grasshopper on a daily basis and it has really helped us keep track of who we've spoken to, how often they've called and what our response has been.

I love the ease of leaving notes about what was said, or when calls were returned. Easy to track calls and search feature is super helpful.

I wish the app allowed you to leave notes about when calls were returned it is difficult to go back and forth between the desktop and app version.

Antwort von GoTo

Thanks for your feedback on the apps Alyssa! I've shared your app feedback with our team for review.

Kellyn
Kellyn
Computer-Software
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Grasshopper is Awesome!

Kommentare: When I started my computer repair and consulting business I wanted to make sure that I would be able to take calls from clients and greet them professionally. To do this I needed to know whether my calls that were coming in were for business or personal. That's difficult to do when all you have is a cell phone. I found Grasshopper and now my calls show up with my Grasshopper number as my caller ID and it even announces calls based on what extension they dialed so I have an idea what the call is about. It's a really awesome service for me and I recommend it to anyone who is running a business who needs their home and business calls separate without breaking the bank and while still being able to work from anywhere.

Affordable pricing, Easy to use dashboard, Unlimited Extensions, Amazing Customer Support, Receiving Faxes in your Email.

No ability to send and receive text messages as this is popular among businesses now, no new feature upgrades since I started using the service a few years ago, Every once in a while a call won't go through for some odd reason but it is rare, the interface could use a fresh coat of paint while still retaining some of the advanced features. I had to downgrade to the old interface to use the Informational Extensions feature.

Antwort von GoTo

Thanks so much for the feedback and kind words! We have texting on our radar, it just isn't something we've put in the works yet. We love the idea of being able to text customers, so it's something we're hoping to add in the future. I'll communicate your thoughts on the interface to our product team. Thanks again for the feedback! - Mary