join.me useful for support sessions

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
IT Consulant

Kommentare: Remote PC support upon request using a lower cost solution that LogmeIn or Teamviewer.

Vorteile: Easy to provide users either manually or through an email with the link to join a hosted join.me session.
It is important and useful to switch the presenter so that the user is displaying their screen for support purposes. Join.me is useful when a user either does not have Teamviewer installed or does not want Teamviewer to be installed on their PC. I would also consider using Splashtop as an alternative if the remote PC is one of the registered PC's to my Splashtop remote account. It is all a matter of cost as to which remote access software I use and how often I need to connect to the remote PC for support.

Nachteile: Unlike Teamviewer, the screen goes dark when a remote user system prompt to accept permissions and/or authorization to proceed displays. I as the support rep assisting the user have to guess that this has occurred, ask the user what is displaying on the screen, and manually ask them to respond to the prompt to proceed. Teamviewer, although much more expensive when using a paid license does not have any such limitations

Simple and Powerful

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Dan O.
CEO / CTO

Kommentare: Join.me is really inexpensive for the features it provides. It is easy to share my screen, share control, and switch presenters. It has saved us thousands over other products.

Vorteile: We have used join.me for many years and have always found it to be straightforward to use, easy to access, and simple to use. The interface is very low profile, and I have preferred it over GoToMeeting and WebEx, which both seem to be much bulkier. Join.me is lightweight and quick to access. It also just works... my clients have never had any issues in linking to it quickly and rarely have we run into any issues with firewalls or other restrictions. We have had other screen sharing software come bundled in other products we have bought, but we have always preferred join.me and will continue to use it going forward.

Nachteile: I really have little to say that is negative about this product.

Clean UI and Reliable Functionality

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Sarah P.
Editor, Founder
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really like it for its reliability and slick interface compared to other video chat services. I like using it for professional communication especially.

Vorteile: Join.me has been the most reliable video chat product I've used for professional communication.

Nachteile: It's just not as ubiquitous as Google chat or Skype, and some users have to download a quick driver before they use the product.

Share screening and audio recording

Oscar G.
Manager Account
Logistik & Lieferkette, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been good. Most of the times it’s easy to use but sometimes I have a hard time trying someone to install it. I really like the option to have a copy of the recording just a few clicks away, so you can even email it.

Vorteile: Once is up and running it’s awesome! You can have video and audio recorded at the same time and you you have a copy of the session on your email right away. I really like the option where you can choose who’s going to have the control of the meeting, that’s really helpful since you can pass the control to others on just one click. The overall quality of the video is pretty good! The icons are big enough and the colors help you to find any option you need without searching into multiples options.

Nachteile: For some people is not easy install the software since you need to make multiple steps and sometimes the website might be blocked by the company’s internet administrator. When you click on the option to download it could take a few minutes to start and many people think it doesn’t work...

great free product

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Olivia B.
SRE
Marktforschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: join.me is used to share screens with respondents so that we do not need to send respondents confidential stimulus materials. It is free and works very well so long as respondent's can find the 'join a meeting' option for join.me.

Vorteile: Join.me allows the user to share their screen with any other person using a one-time code for free (or personalised URL if on the paid service). The interface is simple and attractive and has great basic features, and once everyone has joined the session it works really well

Nachteile: Joining the session can be problematic. The respondent can struggle to find the correct page to join a meeting. this is in part due to the adverts join.me put out which are separate pages which respondents cannot access the join a meeting option from. consequently the respondent takes anywhere from 2-20 mins to join, with 20mins obviously really impacting your interview time and being very frustrating. The joining process needs to be fine-tuned and then this software would be amazing.

Good User Experience for Admins and Invited Guests

Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Ian cather I.
Project manager
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very good. I'll continue to use this software when group screen sharing is required, as I find it's one of the best in market that I've used over past 10+ years. Recommended.

Vorteile: Easy to use as administrator with 1st time guests. Setup and run within a few minutes. Free user account is very good, paid account is much better. I found this software really good, as both admin and invited guest. Novice users who I've worked with have learned to use this software very quickly.

Nachteile: Group invite screen shares have sometimes been problematic. Also, cross browser has given some issues before but this maybe unrelated to this software. Only occasional issues.

Super easy, never a problem!

Bewertet am 9.4.2018
Matthew K.
Sales Director

Vorteile: Using the free version has been awesome, I can only imagine those who need a paid version will get a great experience. It is VERY EASY. Super straight forward no confusion.

Nachteile: I honestly cannot think of a con. If I was forced to give some ideas maybe a functionality to change the logos of you and your visitors. Not sure what the paid version come with.

Great for Basic Video Conferencing

Bewertet am 17.1.2019
Customer Success Manager/Solutions Consultant

Kommentare: I really like join.me. It's pretty straight forward and I like the visuals of the website and the app. Some of the competition seems a little convoluted and I like the simplicity of join.me.

Vorteile: I like that it is a very simple platform. There are not a whole lot of options. They have an app on my desktop which allows me to easily login and also view other people's join.me screens. It works well. I only had one problem with their system and it was resolved in a timely manner.

Nachteile: I don't like the hold music options. It could be my computer but when I'm in full-screen mode and pause, I can only unpause by getting out of full-screen mode so there's a little finagaling that I have to do. Otherwise, it's worked great!

Good product, but not the best

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Training Coordinator
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The biggest reason I used Join.Me was to screen share, but with the amount of problems and glitches I had, I think there are better systems out there. I did not try to find an alternative.

Vorteile: I used Join.Me to share my screen to prospective clients to show them a customized slideshow and backend features of our product. It was fairly easy to use, all you need to do is either put in a code or click host a free meeting.

Nachteile: I had a fair amount of issues with Join.Me where it did not work, and it was very frustrating when you are trying to demonstrate to a potential client. I did not use their customer support.

Join.me

Cheryl S.
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience has been excellent and saves a lot of downtimes. I had much rather have someone else fix the problem than to walk me through something I will never need again.

Vorteile: This is the perfect product for calling technical support. I can allow them to have access to my computer and they can configure the program to work for me. Sometimes it has been working and then just stops. It doesn't matter I have a professional to fix all my problems.

Nachteile: I love this software and its ease of use. It is a little weird when they are using the computer and I forget and try to do something.

Excellent basic online meeting platform

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Marketing Technologist
Bekleidung & Mode, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My personal favorite meeting platform. There's nothing negative to say about it.

Vorteile: Very affordable, easy to use, and reliable. I've used lots of different online meeting platforms and consistently, join.me meetings are always the smoothest and easiest to join.

Nachteile: It's somewhat basic and could have more robust meeting recording technology.

This is a great tool for screen share conference calls, very simple to use

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Layne L.
Sr. Territory Account Executive
Verlagswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's easy to get someone on a screen share call who has never used the program before, there is nothing to download. It also seems more reliable than other programs like it. It has a good integration with google calendar. You can also record calls/presentations which has been very helpful for training.

Nachteile: The video features aren't that great and the video is typically delayed on the other end, which is very distracting. We stopped using that feature.

So glad I found this

Val S.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: It is simple and easy to use. I have the free account and it does what I need it to do.

Nachteile: I can’t say anything bad. I have only hosted a meeting a couple times, but I have joined many meetings with technical support and sales teams from major companies like Google AdWords. If they use it, you know it works well.

Easy to share my screen with my web and print clients, when the need arises to have their input.

Bewertet am 9.4.2018
Grafikdesign

Vorteile: Really easy to use and fast to load and share with my clients. Giving me the ease to show and get the immediate input I need from the client.

Nachteile: For some features I would like maybe a one time fee. as some months I have no need for an online share.. so a monthly price. does not work for me.

Join.Me, we are having a meeting.

Michael P.
Warehouse Personell
Essen & Trinken, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used this to join several meetings and host 1 meeting. I have never had any technical difficulty aside from someone disconnecting, but we think that was just an ISP error. Honestly, for your next conference call, sign up for a free trial, get your account made and just try it. You won't be sorry.

Vorteile: Honestly so simple and yet so practical. You send someone your meeting code, and you join in like you are there. Voice calls, screen sharing and so much more. Quite the practical application, especially for long distance meetings and conference calls.

Nachteile: People, as usual, will not like fees. But there is a free trial as well as 3 different pricing options based on your organization size and needs. Set up an account and try it out, I guarantee you will like it enough to pay the fees.

Great conference software. No issues thus far

Bewertet am 16.7.2018
Julie N.
Business Development Director
Internet

Kommentare: We use it to talk to our Arizona office once a week. With it, we can share screens, voice conference and more. We use it quite often as we do train clients on how to use their website on it as well.

Vorteile: We've been using join.me for a few months now for calls with our Arizona office. With it, we're able to log in pretty easily and get up and running with no difficulties.

Nachteile: There's honestly not much to dislike. You can share your screen, video conference, voice conference, etc all pretty easily just by setting up an account!

Small Footprint Screen Sharing Software

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Heidi T.
Systems Administrator

Vorteile: Really, really easy to use. I've used it as a quick way to remote into the computer of non-tech savvy users to troubleshoot problems. Never had any issues with getting connected or staying connected, people are able to jump right in and share their screen without a lot of hassle.

Nachteile: Some of the most useful features are only available in the paid version, making the free version much less useful. Still good, but you need to pay for it if you rely on it heavily for supporting other users via remote control.

use it to do on demand meetings

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Systems Engineer
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: it can be used to host free on demand meetings. It is cross platform and easy to walk a user through using.

Nachteile: The free version is not as useful as it was a year ago. If the user has already used the software and installed it, reusing it is not as easy as clicking the button on the website.

Loved this for technical help on PC

Virginia C.
MTurker
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I used it a couple of times with a Microfost technician to help me fis my Microsoft Office 365 and found it to be adquate.

Vorteile: I like that it is quick and easy to download. It works very well and a technician can use it to your advantage to help fix your computer.

Nachteile: I wasn't exactly sure how safe it was to install this on my computer that I work from.

The simplest way to screenshare

Bewertet am 15.7.2018
Marketing Manager, HMX
Hochschulbildung

Vorteile: It just works. It's super simple to set up a meeting and invite people with a link. This is the fastest, most foolproof screensharing/conferencing tool I've used.

Nachteile: There is occasional lag with some calls, although it hasn't been a huge issue in my experience. I've also run into user limits with larger meetings.

My experience with join.me

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Marlin M.
Systems engineer
Marketing & Werbung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like to create webinars and that my colleagues can share their screens or I share mine So I can access the information easier

Nachteile: I think the biggest problem I have with Join.me is that they can only be Make 10 transmissions at once

Great Meeting Software

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Shiah B.
IT
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It was quick and easy to use. Connection speed was fast.

Nachteile: Its not as robust as other companies who do the same thing

join.me

Bewertet am 9.5.2019
Regina C.
customer service
Unterhaltungselektronik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Have only used for a free trial but it was easy to setup and utilize for a meeting. Allows everyone to work together without being together.

Nachteile: I do not have any cons to report at this time.

join.me

Natalie S.
accountant
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it has solved some of our video conference issues when in a pinch.

Vorteile: What we like most it that we can use it almost anywhere because its supports multiple systems and devices.

Nachteile: It is not super streamlined yet. The calls sometimes drops and there is not audio support. Also the quality of video and sound is not the best.

Great for meetings.

Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Zachary M.
Client Success

Vorteile: Great software.
Simple to use.
Doesn't require a download to use.

Nachteile: If you use one account for a company and somone else logs in it will kick the other user out of their call without warning.