Consistently reliable and affordable screen sharing

Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Tony B.
Director of Interactive

Kommentare: Join.me has had consistently great call and video quality and incredible uptime. We've had no trouble with join.me, and we've used a lot of different call/screenshare services.

Vorteile: I love how simple installation is, how reliable the software is, and that I can have a consistent screen share url that can be reused again and again. It makes it easy for clients to bookmark my url and quickly hop into a call and screen share to provide live support. I also love the screen recording options for creating software demos and tutorials for my clients.

Nachteile: The only thing I wish join.me had was the ability to me to set my conference room to allow attendees to join without me needing to start the conference. Occasionally I need a co-worker to run a meeting, and it's a hassle for them to have to log out of their account and login to mine just to start a meeting.

SO GOOOOOOD

Bewertet am 7.11.2019
Richard M.
IT Support Specialist
Druck, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has revolutionized our ability for remote desktop support and our entire team uses it all day every day to help others with their computer issues. HIGHLY recommend.

Vorteile: I will always, always recommend anything by LogMeIn. I've been so impressed by this company. JoinMe and LogMeIn Central are AMAZING and by far the best software for remote desktop support and helping people with their computer issues. A little pricey, but faaaar beyond their competitors so they're worth it!

Nachteile: The price. It's worth it, but I still wish it was cheaper. If it was I'd have a private account for myself just to help friends and family with their computer issues.

The easiest and best video conferencing tool for screen share.

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Heath H.
Account Manager

Kommentare: I first heard of Join.me via a work colleague, I used to use Hangouts but now use Join.me almost exclusively. The only time I don't use Join.me is if a client or person I'm calling prefers another tool.

Vorteile: Very quick and easy to set up, even our clients who are not tech-savvy can easily log in and set up a screen share the very first time they use it. Join.me makes it very simple to swap between which party is presenting and also to add in different emails/phone numbers through-out the call.

Nachteile: I did find that it can lag a little bit when loading screens when you compare it to Google Hangouts or other similar tools, but it's a small price to pay when you consider the benefits of join.me. If you have a fast internet connection it should be completely fine, the lag is usually evident only if using hotspot with a mobile phone.

Unfortunately we Joined.NoOne

Bewertet am 15.6.2018
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Join.Me is a video and audio conference calling platform that is very similar to its popular alternatives, such as GoToWebinar and Zoom.us. Unfortunately I don't have many great things to say about this product.

Nachteile: Our company decided to test out Join.Me because it was less expensive than many of the alternatives in the market. We were not satisfied for a number of reasons. While everything seemed to work great when we were enrolled in the free trial, once it was over it was a different story. We had a very poor connection when making calls (every time we used if for audio conferencing) and the video and screen sharing features would always freeze up (we experimented to make sure the connection wasn’t on our side). We were never able to successfully use this product without having to logout and restart the meeting, which does not look too well when you are trying to demo or win business... For this reason, we had to purchase an additional license with GoToMeeting, and because we had to wait out until our subscription with Zoom ended at the end of the year we ended up paying a hefty price for conferencing. Customer service did not seem as interested in our needs, as they were often vague and not quick to respond when we were experiencing problems, especially once the free trial had ended. With all this being said, I would like to mention we bought our Zoom subscription in 2016-2017 so hopefully they have made great progress since then. 🤞

JoinMe, the ideal solution to manage online meetings and video conferences.

Bewertet am 19.10.2019
Amanda V.
Konsumgüter, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Join Me, is a tool that provides a lot of benefits to its users, stressing that it is an ideal communication tool to manage online meetings and video conferences in high definition. In addition, Join Me is a totally free application, which makes it quite attractive, due to the great profitability it gives to those who wish to use such a wonderful tool. Join Me offers the possibility to chat and perform file transfers, as well as pause the video conferences and resume them at any time you want.

Vorteile: What I like most about Join Me, is that users can hold online meetings and video conferences in real time, achieving totally effective communication thanks to the excellent audio and video quality it offers. Join Me also provides a convenient and intuitive interface, which allows it to be used as simple, fast and totally safe.

Nachteile: The only thing I don't like about Join Me is that on certain occasions, when there are many online participants simultaneously, video conferencing tends to get slow, their audio and video quality decreases by significantly interrupting communication between the Users. Similarly, Join Me does not have audio support.

Joinme is an excellent service which I recommend to all users

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Orville m. G.
Marketing

Kommentare: Join.me is Perfect in every aspect, and the free version is something that any company should try to see the benefits of this software for worldwide communication without headaches. and there are no confusing communications as in similar software with join.me you can have the ability to meet with audio and video with such a good and clear quality is a great advantage

Vorteile: I am fascinated with join.me since it has many advantages such as the ability to include a group of people in a call, join.me makes the process easy and direct for everyone, now I receive international calls without problems, I am really satisfied with join.me because it has the best simple conference tools in linia to handle meetings. It is easy and simple to use

Nachteile: Join.me is an excellent service, however, there is something that bothers me and something that I would like you to consider improving, and there is a time when saved recording functions have problems in voice quality, of course, it is something that you notice the weather, it could be that they already solved it, and also that I would like the monthly plan to be a little more like a month, although it works well and is a great offer. But it is not worth it for those who do not use recording or other premium features.

Good but not great

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Tim E.
Account Executive

Kommentare: it's been an effective tool for us, but our prospects are often frustrated with how difficult it can be to join the call. There seem to be some performance issues 1-3 times a month as well.

Vorteile: I like the overall ease of use, quality of screen share is almost always great. I like that it easily integrates with google calendar for meetings.

Nachteile: call quality is often horrible. (yes, we checked our internet connection) Users also have a hard time joining the call with a link or code.

Great Online Video System

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Monali P.
Tutor
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Join. me has been instrumental in my success of video conferencing with my SAT tutoring sessions. I can conduct group sessions from my home with easy connectivity by sending secure joining links to my students. None of my students have complained about connectivity or service so far.

Vorteile: This software is an easy way to have video conferencing whether it is one on one or in a group. I have had great success with connectivity and staying connected as well.

Nachteile: the software often slows down when there are more than two people on a call at once. It also starts to become a bit expensive for more advanced features.

A video conferencing software that surprises

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Brenda H.
Human Resources Manager
Konsumgüter, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being able to save and backup each room my video conferences is something that I greatly appreciate, it also gives us the option to share screens which works completely normally and is appreciated, we can also record and upload to a cloud our videoconferences in the moment we need.

Vorteile: A great tool to make video conferences or video calls, fast, simple, allows us to customize our own URL and thus can access us directly, with an audio and video quality that is never affected by the quality of our The Internet Surprises

Nachteile: The mobile version is often very slow. I think it's the only problem I find

Great for meetings

Bewertet am 13.1.2020
Tania J.
Account Manager
Pharmazeutika, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Highly recommend join.me. You do not need to create an account or download the software. A link is provided and you can share it with whomever you are doing your presentation with so they gain access!

Vorteile: Join.me is a great tool to use for webinars and conference calls. It allows you to share your screen with clients and also give control and access to your screen. It is extremely user friendly and intuitive for all user types.

Nachteile: The software has a free option but anymore than ten meeting participants you need a subscription plan.

Good, If Your Client Can Get In

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Morgan H.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Join.Me has a good scheduling system that sends automated invites if you input the emails. It also provides numbers for different time zones, which is nice when working with clients across the country. You can customize your background and photo which is nice as well! You don't need to worry about clients coming into a meeting that they shouldn't (for example if you're running behind and the next client tries logging in) - you can lock meetings and they have to knock to join and you must approve it. Once you're in, you can click around when mouse control is granted. This product is better for meetings with a large group and a presenter, rather than remote access.

Nachteile: My customers have an awful time getting connected with Join.Me. Most of them work with computers daily and while they may not be the most tech savvy, they are intelligent. The online meeting versus downloading the app seems to be an issue. I often have to advise they close out of everything and start over. If you simply want to show your screen, it is fairly simple. If you need control of another computer, this product lacks a lot of functionality, especially compared to TeamViewer. The pricing of this software feels high for what you get.

Easy to use conference and screen share software

Bewertet am 9.5.2019
Freelance Web & Graphic Designer
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to assist others remotely to understand how to work with different softwares by conducting a join.me meeting and sharing screens. This allows me to provide more focused help that is relevant to what they need and they can see what i'm doing and better understand how to do things on their own.

Vorteile: Join.me has allowed me to easily host a screen share for collaborating with other people on different projects. Sometimes you don't want to have to install and ton of software or set people up in order to just do a simple screen share. Join.me allows me to easily share and collaborate in a way that is easy for the people i am working with regardless of their tech expertise level. I like how they have both a online version and a version you can install if desired to your personal computer. And i love how they offer a free version for those of us that don't need to do it all the time and who have basic needs.

Nachteile: I have not ran into anything that i didn't particularly like. It has worked flawlessly for what i need it for. It could be that if you have some advanced needs, that it would be good to research to see if these are possible. But for conducting a meeting where you'd like to do more than just talk and need to share a screen to keep people on the same page, this works great.

Not all who us this platform are from the business sector.

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Craig S.
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 80% of our clients have never experenced this type of online interaction. We introduce a "baby-step" version for their first time with us through a entry portol email. If you want to see what they are seeing here's our company's website. "CandLDesigns.com". Scroll down just a little and click on movie. We pioneered this for the average Joe, and it's talked about constantly in reviews of us. (all 5-star). Thanks, and I hope to see these easly changed "Con's," soon.

Vorteile: It's exciting for our client to come into the 22nd century! Most our client's have never done this. But through Join.Me's virtual platform our client spend money and up without ever meeting anyone from our company face to face.

Nachteile: 1 – Your ad’s.
I pay for your yearly service, not the free version.
I do not like when you advertise your services to my client as the meeting ends. It cheapens my company’s importance to a client.
2 – Voice over computer.
This have always been an issue and continues to be. From Safari, Firefox, etc.
When my client tries to download app, the download goes onto their screen. They are on my screen and can’t find download. (read to understand in “Overall”).
3- Having to explain how to get rid of name bubbles and enlarge screen. You should have immediate that offers this function. Example, “would you like to display name bubbles, YES -or-NO”. Would you like you screen enlarged, NO-or-YES”. (if YES= option of 50%, 75%,100%)

Easy to use

Bewertet am 1.11.2019
Sheila Z.
Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Kommentare: You can customize the meeting ID and brand the meeting's background. I'm a sole practitioner so I don't need fancy integrations, but I know that the platform can be integrated with other programs. For people who conduct webinars, do presentations or meet across time zones, Join.me offers a great solution to having to travel. I've never had a problem with connections or glitches.

Vorteile: Join.me is easy to use and has a user friendly interface. You just provide your meeting guest with the meeting ID.They visit the Join.me website, plug that into the "join a meeting" window, and voila...you're in a virtual meeting together. From there, you can share your screen, record the meeting, and take control of the other person's computer (with their permission, of course!)

Nachteile: The Lite version doesn't allow you to stream web videos or record meetings, but for the price...I wouldn't complain too much.

The easy and fun way to team up

Bewertet am 13.11.2019
Technical Writer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have built team work despite being far from each other, video conferencing, audio calling and screensharing has brought us together on the table to discuss things that matter and help each other to move forward. Due to monitoring by the administrator, everyone knows that when using join.me it means business.

Vorteile: Setting up of join.me did not take us too much of energy or resources. We chose a business package that suits our organization and accommodates it as it grows. Rolling out to fellow employees was even very easy, just loading a contacts file into join.me registered everyone and people now use their company credentials to log in into join.me. After that everyone simply created their own link as part of customization and it was all. No training was required because join.me is very easy to use. Of all video conferencing and screen sharing applications the cheapest and easiest, but delivering what it promises is join.me.

Nachteile: Join.me can be worked on in terms of user interface and audio quality of international VoIP calls.

Join.Me for the Independent Contractor

Bewertet am 27.7.2018
Nancy O.
Self Employed Contractor
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, it is a decent program for the investment level, but if the price goes up again this year, I will absolutely switch to another program. It has nearly doubled in price since I first started with them a few years ago. At this time, I would recommend it to other contractors and small businesses, based on current pricing, value for the dollar and ease of use.

Vorteile: I love being able to create webinars and allow my clients to take control of my screen or they can share their own. I am easily able to get through information by sharing my screen and data with them. It is one of the most convenient & easiest to use resources available to me to stay connected with my clients no matter where they are located.

Nachteile: 1. Audio issues - if a client wants to call in via their computer, the audio is normally very poor and often they must call in on the phone line instead, because the computer audio tends to have issues like reverberations/echo/feedback.
2. Audio issues - not all parties can hear everyone clearly. I can typically hear everyone just fine, but sometimes 2 callers will not be able to hear each other loud & clear.
3. Google Calendar - I often have to disable and re-enable it to have it show up in my calendar

A solid basic Conf and Screen sharing tool.

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Jeff S.
Desktop Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For smaller companies that would like a single tool, and understand you-get-what-you-pay-for, I would recommend this for use as video conference and even as a training and support tool. The Conferencing is overall quite good. For IT you can take advantage of the remote screen share over the web to work with remote users. Honestly I like this product as a backup conference and screen sharing more than as my primary go-to. This is because we have another product for Conference and another for remote support where we can fully remote control someones workstation.
In my case I have used this multiple times in support cases where a remote user only can get internet and cant even fire VPN to connect in. So I cant use our primary tools, but we could use join.me.

Vorteile: This product is easy to use and intuitive enough that inexperienced users can pickup quickly or be coached to connect and it.
It has solid basic control and features to get its job done.
You can share screens and its useful for training and basic support
We do not use this ourselves but it can be used with up to a very large pool of 250 users.

Nachteile: 1) Screen sharing is limited, especially when compared to other products.
2) Even though it is web-based you still need to DL a local client.
3) As other reviews have stated, it does seem to lag during times when your switching control over the desktop screen shared.
However in testing, this is a limitation of nearly all Conferencing apps I have tried and researched. They tend to run only as well as the wost connection. So while this is actually not directly a fault of this app, it can be seen as a "Con" for those seeking movie-like video conferencing.

Easiest way to connect

Bewertet am 28.12.2019
Systems Analyst
Verbraucherdienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Join.me is a great tool for all professionals who need an easy way to connect with users via screenshare. It is simple and straightforward. Highly recommended.

Vorteile: I’ve used join.me for years now, and it’s refreshingly easy to use. I like that people don’t need to have a join.me account in order to use the website to connect for live meetings. I’ll frequently need to connect with users in order to troubleshoot issues they’re having. They only need to enter a meeting code to join the meeting. Couldn’t be easier.

Nachteile: I wish there was a video option similar to zoom meetings, which I also use. That would take this product to the next level.

Great Online Meeting Software

Bewertet am 24.9.2018
Owner / Operator
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I started using Join.me as a simple meeting system for working with remote staff. Quickly I fell in love with and started using it frequently in my daily meetings. I now use it to also train staff for using software and have even started using it to troubleshoot their computers remotely using the ability to control their mouse and keyboard once they have approved it. The software and service are rock solid, although they do depend on Internet connections. That said, I have only had an issue once over years of using their system. I cannot recommend them enough to other users.

Vorteile: - Excellent quality for screens (relies on Internet connection)
- Allows for presenters to be switched
- Meetings can be locked or open to the public easily
- Offers vanity URLS to simplify joining meetings
- Record online meetings
- In-line chat, control users in meetings (mute, kick-out etc)
- Allows meeting presenter to control other user's computers if they allow it

Nachteile: - Requires that the full software be installed prior to use if you are trying to control another user's computer (does not take long, but can be difficult for less technical users)
- If Internet is unsteady the software becomes unusable

Simple and Effective Presentations

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Jordan G.

Kommentare: Join Me makes it extremely easy to perform impromptu training sessions and provide support by quickly sharing screens.

Vorteile: I've used join.me for over 5 years and really enjoy how easy it is to start an online meeting. It is very simple to either send a participant a link, or tell them to visit join.me and enter in a code. I love that I can have a pre-defined code and not have to use a set of numbers.

Nachteile: join.me make is very easy to start a meeting and passing presenter control to a participant, however in order for the participant to share their screen they need to download the app. This is confusing to my non technical audience. I'd like the ability for participant to share their screens either without having to download the app, or require the app to join the meeting. Additionally, users have been confused when they visit join.me, sometimes it asks them to create an account.

Finally online meetings done the way you expect them to be

Bewertet am 24.11.2018
Janosch F.
Human Resources Consultant
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Finally there it is. A Solution for online conferences, meetings, trainings you name it that does neither require you to install something which often you just can't) neither is a hassle to set up or join. For me this is the first time I have used a technical solution to do online training with parties outside of our company (that is to say which do not use our internal system) that worked just great. join.me is easy to use, technically solid and simple to use in a way that does get anyone (even the it adverse people) on board.

Vorteile: This simply works splendidly easy. We were invited to online training sessions via join.me and when I understood that I would have to spend many hours being remotely trained via a screensharing tool I my mood went sour as I remembered occasions of technical difficulties with the products I had known before using join.me. I was absolutely positively surprised. I found the join me invitation in my calendar invitation, clicked it an it worked like a charm. I just typed in my name and was connected to the training agent and my colleague as well. in parts it worked so well (no delay between image and audio transmission) that I sometimes almost forgot that this was an online session. In the beginning we used our phones for Audio but quickly switched to the integrated audio auf join.me after trying it out and finding it just simply amazing. In case I would have to point out one thing which I liked the most I'd say it was the smooth, easy and straight forward way of using it. This simply is a tool which does a dedicated job and does it focused, remains simple to use and worked for us like a charm.

Nachteile: Switching from phone to integrated audio was a small roadbumb in the overall fantastic user experience. We had to fiddle around a bit and other web applications I had used for playing back sound before the meeting started (actually listening to music via youtubemusic) seemed to interfere (mac osx 10.14.1) while open in another tab. After finding this out and closing all tabs that might mingle with the audio everything went fine.

Good Video Conferencing Tool, But Not The Best

Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Amber C.
Inbound Marketing Strategist

Kommentare: Overall, join.me will help you set up meetings and screenshares with clients pretty easily. Since we've just needed an easy Google Calendar integration that will provide a conference number and easy screen share abilities, we've just all switched to using Google Hangouts and have had much more success using their tools.

Vorteile: Join.me does make it easy to schedule conference calls with my own custom URL and phone conference ID. We currently use the paid version at our office, and thought it was a good introduction into video conferencing.

Nachteile: My biggest complaint was that the transition for screen sharing was always rough. I would have clients that would start in a web browser, try to share their screen, download the app, need to enter in new information and then we could finally get to the screenshare. This process would take a long time (likely due to download time, which isn't the software's fault) and would break up the flow of the call. Having join.me advertise to our clients was something we didn't like either, plus we did have a few connection issues.

Great for screen to screen training!

Bewertet am 17.1.2019
Cx Specialist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it was an extremely helpful tool that saved me a lot of time training my new hires, instead of needing them to come in person to my office and having them sit right next to me going over things was tough because i had cramp space, after using join.me i can schedule multi people throughout the day have all my docs ready and programs opened and just review it with them- my employees also really liked this because they were able to train at the comfort of their own home, especially mostly they're in field. so orientation and training was crucial cause after that they don't work in office, so being able to utilize our software was important and they learn all that during the join.me session i'd schedule with them. haven't failed me once :)

Vorteile: I really liked the function of the screen to screen sharing option along with mouse control no limited to only one of us. both parties in the chat can use it. this made my life so much easier when i was training my new employees for orientation and training regarding softwares we use or reviewing documents and forms together. a lot of my employees were more of a visual so handing them a manual didn't cut it for them as to when i can speak and show them what i'm talking about over a screen to screen conference call & if we don't have a mic on our computer there's also the chat option so made it helpful, or we just call over the phone as we review over the computer.

Nachteile: it was a bit harder to install for my older employees since they weren't as tech savy, they always had a problem sharing their screen on their side of the computer, i think it was an installation or start up program. i kept running into this issue.

Great Internet Calling, Conferencing and Screen-Sharing Program

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Keyana K.
Internal Operations Assistant
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've had a great experience with Join.Me overall. I love how easy it is to set up calls.

Vorteile: My company uses Join.Me frequently , whether it's our sales team reaching out to clients or a remote session between myself and an off-site controller. It's a very fast and reliable program that's easy to use in the office or while travelling, as Join.me has the capabilities to initiate meetings from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Join.Me allows you to record and document conferences, then share them to people with busier schedules and were unable to make it. The pricing structure is great, no matter your budget, especially considering the amount of features you get: screen-sharing, file transfer, standalone audio, mobile apps, internet talking, multiple meeting participants, and good cloud storage sizes, to name a few. (Storage size and the number of meeting participants will vary according to your specific price plan.) Join.Me's customer service is very reliable and top-notch. I'm confident that my company will never be out of the loop or out of touch with clients, both domestic and international.

Nachteile: My company uses the Pro level of Join.Me, and while it's decent, sometimes, I do wish we got a little more than 5 GB of storage...just for peace of mind.

Simple, easy to use conferencing software.

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Michael S.
Client Success/Salesforce Admin
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Even though Hangouts conferencing is free, most of our users prefer join.me because of how simple it is to use.

Vorteile: Of all the popular conferencing software available such as GoToMeeting, Bluejeans from Adobe, and Zoom, in my experience, join.me is the easiest to use. The interface is simple and easy to navigate, especially when you're screen sharing and giving presenter roles to another user is . We use the Pro edition which allows you to invite 50 participants and 10 webcam streams, but I've never had more than 10 callers on a line. I've never had any complaints over voice quality. I also like how you're able to personalize and rename your conference room, e.g. join.me/yourname. This makes it easy when trying to coordinate large calls.

Nachteile: Although this is reasonably priced, there are free conferencing tools available like Google Hangouts which allow you to invite up to 150 participants and up to 25 video calls.