More than enough for our small company

Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Controller
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

Vorteile: QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

Nachteile: It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in some windows can't be exported to Excel. For example, I like to export the bank statement reconciliation screen to a spreadsheet with my bank data download where I can sort and subtract to find a discrepancy between two columns instantly. But, there isn't a way to get the data in that window to export or copy. The reconciliation screen also doesn't allow for display of the cash sub-account or the offset account. So, I'm continuously having to open individual transactions to see which is which if they are similar.

Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Robin P.
Client Relations

Kommentare: It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Vorteile: I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Nachteile: It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks
There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes me very concerned when I see that. I don't want to lose their data. Also, some duplicates of clients have been created or clients never started services with us. So that data was just bloating the system and a bit confusing sometimes. Those particular clients would be good to actually fully delete them. I've run into processes that can be very confusing. Luckily my accountant is able to help me through the challenges.

Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Tim A.
Lead Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Vorteile: I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Nachteile: There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

Quickbooks offers an elegant handling of non-profits

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Sarah B.
VP, Director of Finance

Kommentare: From quickbooks we have liked a lot of functions. Among them are the fact of being able to manage accounting projects (with billing system included) and be able to manage payroll. In this sense, you can even create invoices, which is convenient. The negotiation process facilitated by quickbooks has turned out to be something wonderful. It does not take long, and they are flexible with the terms of service. The display demonstrated by the capacity of quickbooks has turned out to be surprising in all the occasions in which we have used it. Is very large. The quickbooks sales team was responsible for responding adequately to all our doubts about the use of the service. Respond quickly to the needs of customers.

Vorteile: Your invoice templates are very customizable. It is good for keeping the accounts of non-profit organizations, because it has tools for both bank reconciliation and fund accounting. Quickbooks offers a good system of payroll transfers, very stable. Quickbooks has helped us a lot with the management of resource accounting throughout our history as a business. It is ideal when it comes to organizing economically, and to put together budgets. Its integration with the Microsoft Outlook platform is recommended.

Nachteile: The platform does not allow managing sales forecasts, or managing human resources. In this area there is no tracking system for absences, wage garnishments, and unforeseen expenses billing. Neither can you process payments, taxes, or fixed assets. Does not have a treasury management function.

QuickBooks Review

Bewertet am 15.9.2019
Christian A.
Revenue Specialist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

Vorteile: It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

Nachteile: I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

QUICKBOOKS IS AWESOME

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Beverly W.
Logistics Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Vorteile: Quick books has a very easy to understand app & website to manage all your business needs.I deal with a lot of truck drivers on a daily bases and Ifta tax tracking has always been a hassle,but not with quick books.They allow you to add mileage & fuel cost to better estimate quarterly taxes.You also received discounts on tax preparation software.

Nachteile: I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about quickbooks.The only thing I suggest is that they partner with more companies to offer customers discounts.

Almost flawless functionality

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Lynn B.
Attorney
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My experience with Quickbooks has been great overall. Have had a few glitches now and again, but (knock wood) it's been working fine for years now. I like the ability to search by client, to print various reports for clients, taxes, etc., and to easily keep track of client retainers. I have not used this software for billing, so I can't really give an opinion. I tried it out, but didn't have the patience to figure it out with respect to legal billing.

Vorteile: Quickbooks serves its purpose for me very well as banking software. It keeps track of the checkbook and prints professional-looking checks. I also use it for bookkeeping purposes come tax season by printing out expense reports to see all of my potential tax deductions. It is also pretty good with searching for specific transactions. I do make sure my client name is in the memo field, otherwise I have had trouble searching with other fields (probably "user-error"). It is great for keeping track of client funds, which is essential as an attorney who collects retainers from clients. Reports are also required for client funds/retainers, and they are easy to prepare and print with Quickbooks. Reports are a little complicated because there are so many to choose from, but once you know which ones are actually useful, they are great.

Nachteile: Intuit has been very clear that they will no longer support my version of Quickbooks. I had no need to update otherwise, so I am working with a version that I can no longer get any assistance with if anything goes wrong. Also, the back-up data files do not sync with my cloud software for some reason, so there is always an error message in that regard on my cloud software (which I cannot get any help with because I have an outdated version). The search engine is workable, but I have learned to put the client's name in the memo field for every transaction so I know how to get an accurate list of transactions for a client.

Great features for the price point

Bewertet am 18.8.2019
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good experience. Hassle free software. Accounting and invoicing is straight forward.

Vorteile: Very cheap (they give you more discounts if you wait it out before renewal). Its got most of the accounting functionalities from invoicing to inventory to taxation and cost management. Highly recommended for a small-med organisation.

Nachteile: The 'Sent from Quick-books as displayed (in big bold) in each mail. Really dislike it.
Also, you can't generate invoices which have already been paid for- you need to generate cash receipt--but cash receipts mess with the accounting as revenues are calculated from invoicing. All invoices go with a pay now button. This is the biggest issues we face.

A wonderful accounting tool for startups and growing businesses. Customer support is nothing to writ

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Anthony C.
Operations manager
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's a great accounting software, but charges and customer service could frustrate you

Vorteile: I like how QuickBooks has an aesthetic and user friendly interface that makes it relatively easy to navigate.
It drastically reduces the amount of work and time I have to expend on basic accounting operations. Its Integrated tools help me draft invoices, keep an eye on financial reports, track my business revenues, costs and expenses very easily.
With QuickBooks online, producing financial reports is a matter of just a few clicks as a user finds it easy to create sales receipts and estimates in minutes producing instant accounting reports.

Nachteile: Adding transactions from bank feeds can be very time-consuming because there's no functional flexible way of entering transactions from bank feeds. Sometimes I have to visit a transaction twice to get all the data and coding in the right order.
Another sticking point is that there’s no way for me to sync QuickBooks Online with QuickBooks Desktop or vice versa.
Intuit's lack or inadequacy of professional support is a big weakness. You often have to be on hold for a really long time before speaking with a support staff, and even after you do, sometimes they're unable to solve your problem.

Quickbooks: Perfect for small businesses; requires minimal accounting background; cost efficient

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Karen R.
Bookkeeper
Maritime Wirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: QuickBooks is perfect for a small business without extensive accounting knowledge to manage and track financial aspects of their business. With the online payroll tax reports available as well as year end W2's and 1099's, it is very easy to handle monthly, quarterly, and year end tax reporting with an affordable subscription . The con is that it is a "one size fits all" and does not offer enough ability to customize to a specific business.

Vorteile: QuickBooks is the most popular software on the market due to it's ease of use, and it's cost efficiency. A beginner with computer literacy and basic financial knowledge can set up a company and post transactions with little or no support assistance. Printing needed month end reports such as Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets, Job Costs, etc. is simple and requires minimal steps to accomplish. With the online subscription, payroll is quick and easy including payroll tax reports. The ability to send our CPA a year end report for filing taxes is a major plus.

Nachteile: While QuickBooks is the easiest accounting software to use, I prefer more detailed accounting applications. I have in-depth accounting knowledge and would prefer to have a company specific design rather than a cookie cutter one size fits all. While I like the financial reports with QuickBooks, I really don't like the Payroll report designs. Previous accounting software that I used offered a much better layout for payroll reports which offered a quick view of employee wages and deductions. QB's report has too many wasted columns in the P/R report and it takes a lot of time for me to customize the report to the information that I want. There are also functions that are not available in QB such as easy posting of "cash advances" to employees which is something used frequently by the company I work with.

von Intuit an 26.8.2019

We love knowing you've been able to count on us for your reporting, tracking, and payroll needs, Karen! Providing the tools to make your job easier is our number one goal. For additional info on customizing reports, we recommend this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/run-reports/customize-your-financial-reports/00/186382). To stay in the know on how we're working to improve, we invite you to take a look at our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv).

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Ideal for some, but quickly outgrown

Bewertet am 29.8.2016
Chris L.
Controller
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
4.5 / 5
2.5 / 5
3.5 / 5

Vorteile: Ease of use, and very quick to learn. This version allows up to 10 concurrent users. The audit trail and stock reports are very user friendly with plenty of filters. Expect a very quick turnaround training new staff and getting them up to speed, as the interface and functionality is hard not to grasp. Customer service is located in North America. From my experience, after upgrading to the Enterprise version, our account manager usually responded to any inquiry within 24 hours. There is also a toll free line for any technical/database bug issues In the Canadian version, plugging in to SQL server is the way to go in order to obtain custom reports.

Nachteile: The role centers, although a step up from the Premier version, "handcuff" users to certain roles. When it comes to the general ledger, the "all-or-nothing" functionality doesn't allow the controller to shut off access to certain parts of the financials. Ideally, the controller should be able to define a role center to allow posting/viewing in certain account groups and not to others. Inability to approve and subsequently lock down POs and SOs. Once a PO/SO gets issued, a user with basic access can always change unit costs and quantities. This hinders the business' scaleability. The Canadian version no longer allows the user to compress the data file in previous periods. This may be frustrating for companies who rely on lengthy journal entries, as the database file size will exponentially grow. If you are a job shop (or project-based company), do not expect much in terms of job-cost reporting. The software is limited to populating a customer field when posting an expense. You will have to manually set up jobs as customers and instruct staff to classify expenses under the proper subgroup. In my experience, the only real noticeable difference between enterprise and premier is the number of concurrent users (5 vs 10).

There is nothing that can replace QB. Believe me, I tried them all.

Bewertet am 24.6.2018
Photographer/CEO

Vorteile: Everyone will tell you it takes a while to get used to, but once you do nothing can compare. The amount of data available to you from this program is just incredible. A basic understanding of bookkeeping is a must but a few online courses and some guidance from a decent accountant will have you on your way to a complete picture of how your business is running, good or bad. We use QB online and thought it doesn't have all the features of the desktop software, we prefer to not have all our data store on one computer in one location since we often travel for work for a month at a time. Also the customer service is by far some of the best i have ever experienced of a modern company. Everytime we did have a problem we would call they took our questions seriously with sincerity and personal responsibility to find the answers as if this were their personal problem. One time we were on the phone for 2 hours and not once did the person seem like he wanted to dismiss us and felt honestly puzzeled about the software glitch.

Nachteile: There are still a few programing glitches, a few more than I would like there to be. The bank account connections often go down but I have a feeling that has more to do with the banks than the software.

von Intuit an 26.6.2018

First things first, thank you so much for this incredible review! I'm overjoyed QB has done so much for you and your business. All this said, I want to ensure the software is working optimally, and have some info in mind that is widely known to clear up glitches.

To start, try clearing your browser cache. Temporary data, which typically helps pictures and text on frequented web-pages load faster, can cause performance issues in QuickBooks. To remove this info, please follow the directions at community.intuit.com/articles/1145697.

As for the bank connections, this article tackles fixes, as well as how to search for steps to resolve the most common error codes: community.intuit.com/articles/1145508.

This will have you squared away, and I'm wishing you continued success moving forward!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
William S.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Vorteile: QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1. We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business. I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

Nachteile: The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

von Intuit an 8.8.2019

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come!

Inexpensive To Account for every Dollar

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Bulinda M.
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My business is staying afloat because of QuickBooks and we can see our future being very profitable by using this software. I can do all summary reporting without having to do a hard copy by hand which takes a lot of time. The software has the key components of making sure all credits and debits are inserted into its proper place. The only errors are that of those we make and this software will not allow you to insert numbers if they do not add up. The accounting tools are fantastic and a very valuable insight in our business.

Vorteile: QuickBooks has been a very simplified way of managing and tracking our every dollar earned. I have utilized this software for over four years and it is very simplified. Our debits and credits are accounted for with each ledger that we handle. Our customers are happy with our business and that keeps us stress-free in all aspects of the business. Our business does not have to outsource any accounting to a bookkeeper or any one outside of the company.

Nachteile: I have as of today after four years of having this software can not find any cons. I really enjoy using QuickBooks and I teach the program to everyone that must keep quality control moving smoothly.

von Intuit an 8.8.2019

Thank you for the rave review, Bulinda! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of ensuring the success of your business over the last four years. Our software wouldn't be what it is today without great customers like yourself who use and refer others to try it. It's our mission to continually work on new enhancements and features to make QuickBooks an even more versatile tool for you to use. To hear news on what our developers are working on, we recommend checking out our official blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family!

The Small Business Software of Choice

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Tracy O.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Since using QuickBooks vs. batch processing software, the time I have saved doing my work is exponential.

Vorteile: What I like most about the software is:
1. The flexibility of it in that there are several different ways to do the same task.
2. The drill down feature in the reporting that allows you to drill down from any report to the source document and also make changes to that document in real time, and update that report in real time without re-running anything.
3. Real time updating of the software vs. batch processing.
4. Ease of use, easy to train employees, super easy and clean to fix mistakes.
5. Value for the money
6. Makes payroll processing very easy.

Nachteile: Cons:
1. If you are not using the enterprise version, customer service is not good.
2. If you let a person who doesn't know what they are doing use it, they can mess it up really bad, pretty quickly.

von Intuit an 6.8.2019

Success stories like yours make our day, Tracy! It's wonderful to hear that QuickBooks is helping you save time and making it easier to handle your daily tasks. Whether you're running payroll or updating a report, you can count on our software to get the job done. Our priority is to provide you with a variety of support options so you can get quick answers to any questions you may have. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

We also recommend checking out this article for great resources you can use to help train your employees: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767637).

Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success!

Great Product for Small Business

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Director Of Operations / Lead Systems Technician

Kommentare: overall quickbooks is a fantastic program with minimal learning curve especially if you are coming over from another program. the user interface is friendly and easy to use. the customer service is top notch and is always there to help you immediately and come to a resolution to get you back up and running 100%.

Vorteile: the best thing about this software is that it is easy for a small business to setup with customers, tax tables, A/P, A/R, inventory, invoicing, payroll and business taxes. it helps take the burden and guesswork out of paying taxes, employees and business expenses while maintaining the books and budgets. There is even utilities that are readily available to use to convert from another program to quickbooks to get you up and running much faster while retaining your previous data with a few tweaks. Customer service is the best there is. not once have i contacted them and not had my issue almost immediately resolved.

Nachteile: As always, the least liked thing about quickbooks is the updates. it seems that no matter what update it is or how new or old an installation is, there is always an issue with an update. whether it requires you to reset the update history and re-download the update and apply or completely boot all the users out of the system to make repairs and then reboot the system it is hosted on so that you can update the quickbooks system again and get everyone back into it to continue working.

von Intuit an 31.7.2019

Nothing makes us happier than hearing QuickBooks is helping you easily maintain your books and that you've been receiving the support you deserve. Whether you're running payroll or handling a budget, you can count on our software to back your business. With updates, there are many factors that go into getting them to install properly and sometimes having the software hosted on its own system can cause hiccups. Should you continue to have issues, please let us know and we'll investigate further. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success!

Brilliant Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Polly G.
B&B Owner
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Once you take your time to enter in all product, customer, supplier information etc you have a great tool to undertake your bookkeeping accurately and professionally. It's quick to be able to perform tasks, which in turn allows me more time to do what I do best. I have all the information I need to be able to analyse the performance of my business and instantly can make financial changes and decisions necessary to keep abreast of my competitors.

Vorteile: Easy step by step guides to setting up the software which is tailored to your company and the type of industry you work in. If you have an understanding of bookkeeping, then QB is very easy to navigate around. Data input is simple and it takes very little time to be able to produce your 1st, professional looking invoice batch and email to your customers. Expense recording is also very easy to understand. Bank reconciliation is very quick and integration with your own bank account is great. There are numerous reports which can be quickly adapted to suit your own requirements. On the whole a great all round accounting software package for a small to medium size business.

Nachteile: Would prefer to be able to purchase desk top software and not the pay monthly/yearly. Apart from a few tiny niggles, I would buy QB before any other accountancy software packages.

von Intuit an 31.7.2019

Success stories like yours make our day, Polly! QuickBooks was designed for business owners like yourself to make it easier to track your finances and focus on doing what you love. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying the numerous features and we'll be sure to continually enhance our software so it grows with your business. To stay up to date on what's being worked on next, we recommend keeping an eye on our blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Cheers to your continued success!

Not for entry level

Bewertet am 28.7.2019
Naomi A.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has definitely helped our business stay in compliance. Most CPA’s use this software so it’s an easy way for them to access our information. It has not been an easy software to learn but it’s worth it once you do.

Vorteile: Once you tailor it to your business and get familiar with the features it can be helpful and stress free. Knowing I’m staying in compliance puts me at ease as well as having one spot I can go to to access all my info.

Nachteile: It is not user friendly. You can’t just purchase the software and try and “figure it out” on your own. I had to have training from my CPA and it has taken years to fully feel comfortable with it....and I STILL have questions! I also don’t like having to transfer the file back and forth with my cpa which means I have to wait on him to get anymore work done.

von Intuit an 1.8.2019

We appreciate you being a part of our QuickBooks family over the years, Naomi! It's wonderful to hear our software has helped you stay at ease by knowing you're in compliance and all your data is in one spot. At first it can be tough to figure out how to use all the features available and like you said, you can still have questions even when you're comfortable. If you ever need to know how to do something, we recommend checking out our Community page for self-help articles and discussions with your peers, as well as access to our support team: (https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-desktop). Also, if you're not already, it may be easier to share your file with your CPA by using our Accountant File Transfer Service (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1760628). This allows you to continue working in your books and apply their changes when they're done.

We hope this information helps and wish you continued success!

Easy accounting software

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Evan B.

Vorteile: It does a lot while you do a little. I am able to send invoices, receive payment in different forms, do payroll, file tax forms and make payments as well as much more. It is very user friendly most of the time. I don't ever have any bugs. It let's me spend more time on other parts of my business.

Nachteile: They force you to purchase new software every three years. The customer support can be hit and miss.

von Intuit an 13.8.2019

Hi Evan! Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software, so we're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks is handling your accounting needs. Whether you're running payroll or receiving payments, you can count on our software to get the job one. To keep our software up to date with the latest security measures and implement new/improved features, we periodically discontinue products. It's a balancing act between supporting older versions and creating new ones.

It's our priority to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family and we wish you all the best!

Quickbooks Desktop Rview

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Donna M.
Staatsverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall QuickBooks has been easy to use for paying invoices, tracking expenses/income and completing employee payroll. I've been using QuickBooks for over 7 years. Please note that there is a big difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online version. The online version is not user friendly at all. I would not recommend the online version.

Vorteile: QuickBooks Desktop is relatively easy to use. The payroll feature makes calculating and filing employee payroll and payroll taxes very easy. Paying invoices is also very easy and it records expenses in individual accounts that you set up. You can quickly and easily find invoices that have been paid and track year to date expenses. There are many reports available so you can easily see amounts spent in each category or where income is coming from. This is very useful when working on budgets. The software allows you to modify things according to what works best for you.

Nachteile: The annual fee is expensive and there is an extra fee for the payroll service. Also, the customer service is not very good. Occasionally I need to call in and get a customer service rep to correct a problem. Service is slow and it's hard to understand the reps as they all have accents. I try to use the self help section of QuickBooks before calling in to get assistance and I know it will take over an hour to get a problem fixed.

von Intuit an 14.8.2019

It's great to hear you're using all the features to the fullest, and it sounds like you're a pro, Donna. The Desktop and Online versions have slightly different work flows, but we're glad you found one to meet your unique business needs. For other ways to contact support, we recommend this Community article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Contact-the-QuickBooks-Desktop-Customer-Support-Team/td-p/252601

Thanks for your review!

As a Satff Accountant this a great asset to have

Bewertet am 9.6.2019
Jonathan Z.
Staff Accountant
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is great accounting software for all kinds of business, it has done wonders for our company and all the associates that work with it within the finance and accounting team. I would highly recommend it to small to medium-sized businesses.

Vorteile: Quickbooks is one of the best tools I've used for accounting, this is due to its very light platform and intuitive UI for you to navigate through and execute. Taking into consideration the fact that you need to have an accounting background, that doesn't take away the fact that this is an easy-to-use tool. Among my favorite features the one that I can point out the most, is the Vendo/Bills feature, which allows you to add all bill of the period into every vendor's account for you to generate you AP and Aging reports.

Nachteile: Among the cons, you could find this software to not be easy to break into, even tho it has a very light UI, you are required to have an accounting background for you to fully exploit this tool's full capabilities. Another thing you could find as a little bit of an issue, it the way it's mobile app works, as for it is not at full development quite yet, meaning you will find yourself capped on the thing you could do with the reporting features and journal entries.

von Intuit an 26.8.2019

Hearing an accountant describe QuickBooks as one of the best tools they've used is music to our ears, Jonathan. We strive to provide software that is accessible to users of all backgrounds and have some great resources to help learn the program. Should you or a coworker be interested in learning more about the features in the software, we invite you to check out our video tutorials. Here you can find over one hundred videos on topics from getting started to running reports: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVxBmyedTVhTRQRYeZJfVBpz_12zwHc6Z

We appreciate the wonderful review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

Discount Bookkeeper in your pocket

Bewertet am 4.6.2019
Amber elizabeth M.
Administrative Operations Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used quickbooks as the administrator for several small businesses. It's a powerful tool that can even be useful for forecasting so long as you keep up to date with it. In my own freelance business, I've started to use Quickbooks Self Employed which is not currently as useful as the Quickbooks I've used for small businesses, but the cost per year reflects the lessened capacity it offers.

Vorteile: Not only does quickbooks make bookkeeping seem accessible to anyone with the slightest grasp of numbers, the apps make it easy to keep books up to date on the road. It is only as useful as the the effort you put into the software. It's not exactly intuitive, but there are many resources to support you as you learn. It's very easy to find a Quickbooks bookkeeper to work with that can support your business if it's not your speciality while making the transactions easy for both parties. Specialty apps can add to the functionality of Quickbooks increasing the power of this software.

Nachteile: Because the detail pulled from the bank can sometimes be quite homogeneous, QBO will try to categorize "Wire" transactions or "checks" to the latest transaction payee. Creating rules to ignore the transactions is tedious and can be confusing to new users of the software that may not realize that its matching to previous transactions. The new model of "tiering" users and how many functions they access seems a bit suspect to me, but so far, we have not reached any limits so I don't know how this will impact us, if at all.

von Intuit an 29.8.2019

Thanks so much for a detailed review, Amber! We're glad to hear you've been able to easily keep track of each aspect of your business, and other businesses you manage, all while on the go. You can count on us to be there for each business endeavor. We recommend this article that provides a detailed explanation of how to set up and use bank rules (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/banking-topics/how-to-set-and-use-banking-rules-for-downloaded-transactions/00/186468). Additionally, this link offers info about adding, deleting, and changing user access within the account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/delete-users/add-delete-or-change-user-access/00/185920). You'll find a hyperlink in the same article that will take you to a list of different types of user roles.

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review!

Use QuickBooks to feel Empowered and Efficient while running your business

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Anna H.
Hearing ASL-English Interpreter
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As an ASL Interpreter, I met many self-employed freelancers in my field. I was very apprehensive about transitioning from staff employment to self-employment. Luckily, I decided to try the Self-Employed option through Quickbooks. It's been a great experience. As a "first generation freelancer", I depend daily on the tracking tools that QuickBooks provides. Before, I faced daily anxieties about whether or not I was documenting my expenses and mileage correctly. Now, I track this information confidently with Quickbooks, and am able to spend more of my cognitive and emotional energy on my actual work and passions.

Vorteile: I mostly use the "QuickBooks:Self-Employed" features of this software. I love the versatility with the mileage tracker that allows me either to have trips automatically tracked or to add and delete trips on my own. Living in a metropolitan area, the mileage tracker will sometimes count rides on public transportation as a car ride. I'm easily able to delete that trip and also check on my transactions to make sure that the money spent on transportation is documented appropriately as business or personal.
One of my VERY favorite features are under the "Reports" section. I love the ability to get a preview of what kind of information I'll be sharing at tax time. I can download an excel spreadsheet that breaks down all of my Schedule C Transactions as a different page for each category (assets, meals, etc.). Before I started using Quickbooks, I didn't even know what most of these terms event meant! Now I'm able to work more freely and confidently as a "first generation freelancer".

Nachteile: When manually adding a trip to the mileage section, you are able to input the beginning address and the end address. However, QuickBooks does not have a feature that will calculate the miles between those addresses. As of now, I have to go back to my Google Maps app to see what the number of miles were. It makes the experience less fluid.

A reliable cloud software with great add-on options

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Tony T.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall QB Online made my reports easier, got me organized, and freed up a huge amount of time aggregating data when I switched to it from using simple excel spreadsheets.

Vorteile: I use the QBO online version. It is easy to login. Setup takes some time and with the help of my accountant to establish g/l's it was not too bad. Once setup it is very easy to allocate expenses and the add-on links to banks, credit cards, and my payroll system were very easy to setup. I love the fact that I can login from anywhere to do business. Customer service has been helpful when I got to them. I love the fact that I can fluidly switch between businesses as we have several LLCs and Corps.

Nachteile: The online version interaction with mobile devices is not as fluid as it should be. It can be quirky for viewing on my iPhone. Customer service wait times can sometimes be long.

von Intuit an 15.5.2019

Thanks a bunch for the review, and for letting us know about what improvements you've envisioned for the future of QuickBooks, Tony. I'd be more than glad to forward your comments about the mobile app to the Engineering Team, as we default to your suggestions as a means to power our innovations. you can even stay in the loop for what's to come next at our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv), so keep an eye out for the latest enhancements to be passed down the pipeline.

You're the best part of QuickBooks, so keep up the fantastic work!
Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Tried & True - Quickbooks remains king!

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Miguel F.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The ability to track me financials allows me to identify my business's cash flow which is crucial to keeping my doors open. Automatic bank feeds are cutting down the time I need to spend doing manual data entry and gives me more time to focus on my main mission of my company.

Vorteile: The ease of use allows just about anyone to successfully navigate and work in the software. No matter if you have an accounting or financial background. This is great news for business owners and accounting personnel, alike. With the ease of use, the training resources provide by Inuit, and their extensive list of available Pro-Advisers, you will be up and running and tracking your business's finances in no time. One other aspect I like is the ability customize the software to git your industry or company's needs. Custom reports, customized chart of accounts, etc are just a few examples how QB sets the standard for small/medium size business accounting softwares.

Nachteile: The least favorable aspect of Quickbooks is the inability to prevent old transactions from back-posting into a closed period. For example, if I void a check or an invoice, I would like to be able to set an effective date of today and not the original date of the source document. Allowing this to happens, will throw off bank reconciliations, it would and could change past period financial statement information and could impact your tax liability as well.

von Intuit an 15.5.2019

Thank you for bring this to my attention, Miguel.

You can close your books for a period of time so that transactions aren't allowed to be posted before that time period.Here are the articles for the respective programs:

Online: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/How-do-I-close-the-prior-years-books-to-send-to-the-accountant/td-p/182283

Desktop:

If you ever have any questions about this, please reach out to us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (@QBCares).

Grant, The QuickBooks Team