Good for small companies with limited transactions

Bewertet am 15.6.2018
Controller
Öffentliche Ordnung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Online accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.

Nachteile: As a controller and an accountant consultant on the side, I would recommend the online version to small businesses with fewer than 5-10 employees and revenues under $1 million that have very few transactions. For companies that have multiple approval layers and AP invoices, you would need an add on app like Bill.com to handle. We use Expensify and Bill.com to handle expense reporting and AP. QuickBooks Enterprise edition would be a better fit for companies with more than a million in sales and more than 10 employees, but costs can add up on that platform.
-Approval levels are very broad. If I want to allow someone to add classes, I have to give them access to banking and reports that are only for partners to see. Further a la carte customization for permissions would certainly be handy.
-Speed - even with high speed internet, processing multiple AP invoices is very slow compared to the desktop counterpart.
-Accounting integration - when allowing accountants access to the company file, downloading the GL needs to go to excel. If the GL is large, it may exceed the line limit for Excel.
-Some reports are unable to use the custom fields. This creates problems when the custom fields are critical. in our case, we can't run a report of payments received that includes project numbers. In order to get that report, I need to use Zapier to extract payments as they come in and send them to a google sheet. So the only listing I have for payments listed with our custom fields is in Google sheets!

Service your clients w/o the headache!

Bewertet am 3.6.2019
Miguel F.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Wonderful experience. Allows me to do my routine bookkeeping or clean-up jobs in a timely and more efficient way with the inclusion of the Accountants Toolbox. Though the move to the cloud is all the rage, some businesses and industries still like the power of QBDT. So QB Accountant allows me to still bring them my high level of accounting expertise.

Vorteile: The ability to be able to serve your clients without the headache of worrying what package or QB year they are currently working with. Without QBA package, in order for you to open a company file you and your client had to be working in the same QBDT year. For example, QB 2015 file had to be opened by QB 2015. QB Accountant solves that problem. Also, QB Accountant provide accounting professionals with an Accountants Toolbox that isn't available for your typical users. This unlocks and allows accountants and bookkeeper to perform duties, tasks, and shortcuts to a clients books in a cleaner or efficient manner.

Nachteile: The only aspect I don't care for is not having the option for Quickbooks Accountants for Mac. Inuit doesn't offer a package for accounting professionals that are Mac users. Though not currently a Mac user, I am in the market for a new laptop with a Apple possibility being in the picture. So when I reached out to Inuit, they informed me that QBDTA is not compatible with Mac machines.

Affordable, full service payroll

Bewertet am 1.3.2019
Paul A.
Small Business Consultant
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As an Intuit ProAdvisor, full service payroll is an added value to the reselling of a discounted QuickBooks Online account. As an additional service to my retainer clients, I can process their payroll on any interval they choose, and I can handle any type of compensation arrangement they have with their employees. The best part is, it only takes a few minutes and I can do it all effortlessly through the mobile app. And since the ability to pay independent contractors via direct deposit was introduced, my Bookkeeping clients love the fact that they no longer have to worry about writing out checks to their contractors. Filing Forms W-2 (for employees) and Forms 1099-MISC (for independent contractors) is a breeze at the end of the year and paying all their quarterly payroll taxes takes only a few minutes every three months.

Vorteile: Cost is much less expensive than any payroll services company. Direct deposit payments, employee portals, Form W-2 and Form 1099-MISC filing, quarterly tax filing, electronic tax payments, direct deposit payments for independent contractors, powerful and customizable financial reporting, easy collection of Form W-9 information, reliable mobile app for process payroll from anywhere, support for multiple pay rates, benefits and withholding support, and more.

Nachteile: QuickBooks Payroll is available for both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online accounts. With QuickBooks Online, you are dependent on the availability of an Internet connection at the time you wish to process payroll.

effortless book keeping

Bewertet am 30.8.2018
Xena B.
director
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: experience with payroll is really cool, the software actually calculate the holdings and make life easy for me, definitely a robo accountant that i don't have to pay a salary to.
Over all experience : just love it and wish i had it from the beginning of my business. For new users, make use of support. Don't hesitate to call , ask questions , ask again if you have to they will walk you through it. Like i say be dumb and learn it . take the time to do so because the end result is amazing . knowing your finances is straight can save your life. aka....sleep well .

Vorteile: it keep track of your income and expenses by simply attaching your bank account.
almost does your tax return. lol
save a lot of time doing your data entry thus cost effective, no need for a special person to enter all your receipts etc
keep correct info on all money related transaction and balance your check book , can keep your spending and saving on check. I can make adjustments by just looking at my balance sheet. almost cool for idiots to use. :)
perfect

Nachteile: if i made a mistake and had to go hunting for the problem, but i can just call up support and let them know ( how stupid i was ) and they just fix it. so not really a con.
for invoicing however , can take a little polishing up especially if i am doing an estimate and need to send it out, i must be extra cautious.

Horrible Direct Deposit

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Wissam E.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: try it and you will find out.

Vorteile: It is cheap and integrated with Quickbooks

Nachteile: Good luck with their new Risk Assessment Department. I have been trying to do Direct Deposit for 3 months in my new company and they cannot get their act together. It is harder than getting a mortgage. My other companies are fine but now they keep asking more and more info to just run $2000 a week in payroll. All because "I am a new company and they front the direct desposit funds". I really do not care. Any other payroll company can do this. They should state that they do not offer direct deposit for new companies.

Invaluable for QBO ProAdvisors

Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Jeff H.

Kommentare: I have all my clients in one place and can easily switch from one to another with just a few clicks.

Vorteile: The team behind QBOA is constantly listening and improving the product. It makes my life so much easier to have all my clients int he same place. I can schedule my own work with reminders and to-do list for both me and my clients. The added feature of having my clients files at a click of a button in priceless. I also appreciate the ability to add non-QBO clients now.

Nachteile: Sometimes the interface and/or the links don't work for the training and ProAdvisor page. These don't have anything to do with the client files just resources for me but it can be annoying at times. I also have my doubts the info regarding the profile views and leads from prospective clients is accurate.

Useful for starting out, not a long-term solution

Bewertet am 30.8.2018
Whitey R.
General Manager | Accounting
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have two companies, one is 4 years old, there other is 1.5, it was the perfect option for starting out on our iMac computers. I do feel that we've outgrown at this point, but you cannot beat the price for start-up accounting needs.

Vorteile: Very easy to use! It tracks everything we needed for our two companies (transportation / warehouse logistics and commercial equipment repair). Seamless for reconciling credit cards and bank accounts, easy general journal entries (year end, interest adjustments, etc), progress invoicing and job costing.

Nachteile: After a couple years of use and many transactions, the file becomes unreliable. Customer support said we need to start a new company file each year to avoid broken data (spent many hours on the phone with support multiple times)

Great potential!

Bewertet am 22.4.2019
Lori J.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When it's all working, it's great!

Vorteile: I use the Enhanced Payroll and it works really good. Keeps track of your payroll liabilities, and allows you to pay them online through Quick Books, which is great when it works.

Nachteile: We switched bank accounts, and it was a nightmare trying to switch all of the payroll direct deposit stuff over. In addition, someone in the office picked up the wrong state for withholding and unemployment and we still have't been able to get rid of it. Just like with Quick Books, if you have a problem and call customer service, plan on several hours with them. They are not quick and often transfer you around before you can finally find someone who can help.

Great software to have as a tool!

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Alexandra R.
Administrative assistant
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: After having a bad experience with Account Edge, we decided to turn to Quickbooks for a refreshing, good system that we could rely on. After using it for sometime, it's been probably the best accounting/payroll/invoicing/estimating program we've had so far. Everything is very simple, user-friendly and not too technical.

Nachteile: One issue we've had with the program has been, trying to give access to new users is a very hard task to come across. As simple as it sounds, we still haven't managed to get a new user linked to our account to do more work. I've been sharing my ADMIN account which is not advised because not everybody should have the same access.

Integrates with the field management software I use

Bewertet am 16.3.2019
Tyler H.
General Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's great. It has a very clean interface. It also integrates with my field management software, which allows me to invoice from the other software & track everything in QB. The mac application is very user friendly.

Nachteile: I like to view my top customers each quarter. When doing this, I have to clean up the reports from QB myself. The downloaded files use formulas to generate values for customers with subcustomers. This creates a problem when you want to sort the list in order of highest to lowest amounts. So, I have to manually type in the totals on each master customer account before sorting.

Great for keeping your books in line!

Bewertet am 21.12.2017
Jonathan T.
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I love the connectivity that QB has with other 3rd party applications that I use. I love the ability to see my clients and their balances with ease. I love the reports that you can build with QB. I also love that you can have separate users with separate access to the application.

Nachteile: Sometimes installation is a bit of a challenge. Setting up some of the features can be a hassle that requires contacting support and having them control my machine to fix the errors. I don't like that there is a new version every year because I get comfortable with the version that I have then something changes.

QuickBooks has stepped up their game!

Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Cece S.
Accountant
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software is VERY easy to use and navigate. The data input screens are very clear, concise and flexible. I think the flexibility of this software is my favorite thing about it. I also love that I can toggle and use other industry specific versions of QuickBooks. This is an AWESOME feature.

Nachteile: I guess the only thing I am not loving is the need for a complex password for every client. This is quite cumbersome and a relatively new requirement that I am less than pleased with. As an accountant, I will use QB for several clients every day. To enter a password every time is a pain.

One of the best

Bewertet am 9.8.2017
Philip caplan - the C.
Principal
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We've been using QB desktop for years and loved, in particular, the reporting functionality.
The Cloud version carries on the successes of the desktop version. But, while there are similarities, it is another program and will take a little time to fully master.

Vorteile: Reporting functionality
Bank feeds, a specific model for QB.
Full specced and lots of apps.

Nachteile: Not always quite clear where various functions are located.

Fantastic Product

Bewertet am 30.4.2018
Daniel S.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: What isn't to like? No matter if someone is a seasoned accountant, or a person new to accounting just starting their business, Quickbooks is very intuitive. Yes there are competitors, even free ones, but they do not compare to the functionality offered in this program. Best program and most intuitive accounting program I've ever used, hands down.

Nachteile: The only thing that I'm not fond of is the high cost of the online version as each separate company requires a different subscription which can get expensive. With that said, however, it is a fantastic program.

Version 2019

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Nivaldo I.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Version for 2019 has problems at the time to print Bank reconciliations. Even that I was calling the Customer Services, and they try to fix the problems, for more than 2 hours, they can't. But doesn't means that they were not diligent, they put all efforts, but I need to look for external person to fix it.
I will recommend for a new version to wait until all bugs be fixed. I bought in December 2018, probably this is the cause that I found those problems. On the other hand 2019 version is a little slow when you are using firewall, but you can work.

Vorteile: As usual Quickbooks met all the expectations

Nachteile: Withe 2019 version I had some problems at the time to print the bank reconciliations

Quickbooks Used to be a Necessary Evil.

Bewertet am 17.1.2018
Grant S.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Quickbooks is a robust system that can support a lot of different types of business. I used the desktop version for many years, and for the past 3 years have used the subscription service. The SaaS version is a big upgrade, but it still has a lot of issues. I do really like the ability to link to my bank account and automatically sort transactions. This has saved me a lot of time.

Nachteile: The main issues with Quickbooks seem to stem for a lack of leadership around product decisions. They support many different types of the software, and this makes it next to impossible to integrate with Quickbooks. Legacy issues have plagued the ability to integrate software with Quickbooks and this has had a real impact on users. The most common issue is duplicate imports of banking transactions. I have wasted a lot of time trying to identify duplicates created by the system instead of true purchases.

Simple, easy to use payroll for small organizations

Bewertet am 21.7.2019
Sarah G.
Executive Assistant
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: So far, we love the ease of use and appreciate the instant updates in local payroll and tax laws from the QuickBooks team

Vorteile: The selling point for us, was their cost of usage and the ease of using it with our QuickBooks. There was no b separate software to be learn, no extra sure to login too, it was all integrated into it daily office accounting software also sand made it that much easier to enter time cards and produce payroll.

Nachteile: We did loose c some slight flexibility, going from a manual payroll system to a digital paid service. If c you mess up a check it need to to issue a check early, there is a 2 day waiting period in order for tax deposits to be properly handled. But nothing burdensome.

The ideal program to advance accounting

Bewertet am 20.4.2018
Analista de sistema

Kommentare: Among the benefits that I obtained when using QuickBooks is the quick analysis of invoices and past transactions, the export to Excel format, allows to establish the memorized transactions for recurring billing, invoices and estimates, organization of documents by joining the clients with your invoices and files. It also includes a new Prospects Center, in which sales opportunities are tracked, employee and supplier report sheets can be created and processed, and separate monitoring of each department of the company can also be carried out. .

Vorteile: Quickbooks, allows you to save a lot of time, money and effort, while minimizing the chances of error in the tasks that have to do with this specific area. It is very efficient and easy to use and install. It's all you need to keep your accounting up to date.

Nachteile: This software is very complete, you do not need to be an IT expert to install or use it. There is not something that you really do not like.

Quickbooks Payroll....I couldn't live without it!

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Alan M.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I LOVE using Quickbooks Payroll. The software is easy to use, and it takes away the stress of managing sometimes complex payroll calculations. I highly recommend this product...you'll not regret it!

Nachteile: Like most large companies, it appears that customer service has been outsourced to locations around the world. While that's not a problem, it can become one when it's difficult to understand the person on the other end of the phone...just a language barrier, I suppose.

All you'll need

Bewertet am 9.7.2019
Richard D.
Bookkeeper
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: QuickBooks Payroll has given us stable and steady payroll service. I feel the pros outweigh the cons.

Vorteile: This payroll software takes care of everything. Taxes, health insurance, hsas, unemployment, and child support. The program also updates your tax tables so you are always in the know.

Nachteile: For a small business like mine the program is almost too big with too many bells and whistles. I have ended up turning some features off. One can get lost without the proper accounting background.

Quickbook for Mac different than PC version

Bewertet am 18.4.2017
Kozhi M.
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Generally easy functionality. While an online version seems great, a desktop version means access everywhere. For someone running a mobile business, it's important to have that real-time information handy.

Nachteile: Features that are on the PC version and not on the Mac version. For instance, payroll is online for the Mac version and you don't see payroll paychecks as you can on PC. This is a very disappointing fact, since there is really no difference in platform that Intuit can't fix that

Quickbooks; An essential

Bewertet am 22.2.2018
2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Have been using quickbooks for quite some time now as I am a small business accountant, it is amazing for book-keeping, no other application comes close even by a margin. An essential for book-keepers or even if you want to keep track of sales, invoices, cost analysis in a small-business setting.

Nachteile: On the expensive side, quickbooks online is lacking and not being able to hit the "enter" key severely impacts workflow, but non-the-less a solid bulletproof app.

Powerful accounting software - not always easy to use, but very powerful.

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Beth M.
Managing Partner

Vorteile: QB Accountant allows us to open client QB files and work with them easily. It can deal with industry versions and older QB versions as well.

Nachteile: QB isn't always intuitive, and people get themselves in trouble by guessing about how transactions should be booked. Ultimately, it does what you tell it, and that can be good or bad. Sometimes, it's smarter than you think it should be, and makes adjustments that are unexpected, even if technically correct.

Desktop Version Has Pros and Cons

Bewertet am 8.8.2017
Zach F.
CFO
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have spent much more time with the online version for one of my companies(I have multiple people needing to see and work on accounting), however, with multiple other internal only accounting businesses, the desktop version works well enough to not pay multiple online subscriptions for each company.

Vorteile: You can use multiple companies with one license. It is relatively easy to switch from company to company.
It's free to down load transactions from your bank account.
Much cheaper, onetime purchase.

Nachteile: Downloading transactions from your bank account doesn't match up super accurately, especially if you have a lot of open invoices. It can be a little clunky to get around.
Looking at what transactions have matched to downloaded transactions isn't possible, as far as I can tell.
Reports aren't as easy to use as the online version.

Bookkeeping for non-accountants

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Co-Founder | Digital Marketing Strategist
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I'm clueless when it comes to keeping our books and so the ease of use in QBO is really helpful. If I don't know what to do, I can find an article to tell me how or get someone from their tech staff on the phone to help. It's easy for accountants to log into our account too once we grant them access. I like the ease of processing payments, invoices, and receipts, as well as running reports on how we're doing. Quickbooks online a lot better than the offline version of the software.

Nachteile: Some features need some accounting knowledge, I will say. Mainly if you don't know how to file a charge or something it doesn't tell you waht to do, but once you know (or learn from the CPA) the features are easy to use in the program.