Über QuickBooks Payroll

Verwaltet die Finanzen von Kleinunternehmen. Sofortiger Zugriff auf Kunden-, Lieferanten- und Mitarbeiterinformationen. In einer Online-Version verfügbar.

Erfahre mehr über QuickBooks Payroll

It's very simple to use and integrates great with Quickbooks online as you would expect.

I think all my conversations were with people out of the country. Really hard to understand and communication was a challenge.

Bewertungen zu QuickBooks Payroll

QuickBooks Payroll hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 848 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du QuickBooks Payroll bereits verwendet?

Emily

Claudia
Kauffrau in Deutschland
Musik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lohnbuchhaltung selbst durchführen

Kein Buchhalter nötig, Hohe Ersparnis, leicht bedienbar.

Mit Quickbooks Payroll erstellt man die Lohnabrechnungen der Mitarbeiter selbst und erspart sich somit den teuren Buchhalter. Einfach die Daten der Mitarbeiter eingeben, Gehalt, Arbeitstunden, Fehlzeiten usw, eingeben. Der Rest wird von dem Programm selbst erstellt. Die fertigen Abrechnungen sollen rechtssicher sein.

Mark
Mark
President and Sr. Consultant in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

QuickBooks Payroll a good choice for all but the smallest of small businesses

Kommentare: A reliable and accurate service providing pretty much everything the small business needs to generate a payroll and to remit taxes and tax filings in a timely basis. Good customer service. When new state taxes were introduced, it was sometimes difficult to get the calculation of taxes due correct and, in my case, QuickBooks was never able to successfully remit the Washington Family & Medical Leave tax.

A comprehensive online payroll service likely to meet the needs of most small businesses with good integration to other products and services sold by QuickBooks. Easy setup, good customer service. I liked being able to schedule so that payroll taxes were deducted from my corporate account close to the date the remittance was due to the taxing authority. Some payroll services deduct taxes from the bank account just after payroll is run, then hold it (presumably making interest on those funds) until the taxes are actually due. QuickBooks doesn't appear to do that.

A few too many steps are required to run a payroll with a few informational messages being displayed that I usually disregard (of the "are you sure you want to do that?" kind). Also, QuickBooks was never able to successfully report and remit certain of Washington's state taxes. QuickBooks' calculation of these taxes never quite matched the calculation made by the state taxing authority and correcting QuickBooks' record of what I actually paid was a bit complicated. Also, the price for this service is not competitive, compared to other services, for very small businesses.

Mike
President in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I'm a happy camper.

Kommentare: Very good to outstanding overall. The software itself is very good and keeps improving. Also, as the market leader, they have many local CPA's that integrates into the software as "local experts", so when I have a question I can typically ask my CPA firm and they can help, or whenever there has been a problem that they can't solve, they are able to contact support on my behalf. Overall the system works pretty well.

The payroll service is really easy overall. All the tasks that I use are quite simple to navigate around, including adding new employees, paying employees, and sending out payroll liability payments. These are what I do most often and they've been really simplified by Quickbooks. Other functions that I use are payroll deductions (401k, etc), tracking sick/vacation time, and managing direct deposit. Another feature I like (part of QB Online, not sure about Desktop), is that employees are emailed a link to join their payroll management website, where they can access payroll stubs, W2's etc. It has made managing a lot of the HR parts of hiring employees much more streamlined.

Not really a con, but I don't have any experience with any of the direct competitors, e.g. Freshbooks, Sage, Xero, etc., so I can't say if Quickbooks does anything better or worse than those others. But what I can say is that I did switch from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, which is a much better experience overall (although more expensive).

Kaylee
Director in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

On par with most other payroll service providers

4,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: It is unfortunate they do not have discounted pricing available to wholesale billing accounts for accountant users. The pricing is higher than most other payroll platforms.

It is directly integrated with our bookkeeping file without the need for manual inputting entries.

It does not have the capability to express process payroll for direct deposit. It also does not have the capability to submit source deductions to CRA with each payroll processing like many other payroll service providers do.

Garrett
Möbel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Avoid Quickbooks Online Payroll at all costs

1,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Quickbooks does not thoroughly and correctly handle the taxes that they claim to support. On top of that, competitors like ADP DO handle this correctly AND go the extra mile to properly manage other garnishments and withholdings that QBO won't touch. QBO is only marginally cheaper than competitors and only if you are getting substantial discounts.

Quickbooks payroll has good time tracking and job costing functions. Those functions are not worth the issues you will have with a lack of support and incorrect tax filings.

The tax filings are incorrect and incomplete and it is like pulling teeth trying to get Quickbooks to even acknowledge issues, much less fix them. After migrating, we suddenly found ourselves spending more energy trying to run down and fix quickbooks errors than we were spending doing it all ourselves. To this day, Quickbooks refusing to acknowledge that our local taxes are required to be filed more frequently than annually, despite many letters from our local assessment agency indicating that we have missed filings and clearly laying out when filings are due.

Shannon
Shannon
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

From Forever Young

You can keep up with time, payroll, overtime, taxes, and benefits m

Nothing. I love this software. I highly recommend everyone use it.

CEO in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

There are better payroll products out there even if your CPA insists on using Quickbooks

I like that it integrates into Quickbooks which the CPA insists we use for accounting.

3 times out of no where direct deposit would stop working, I could not process payroll except by check, and I would have to call Intuit and spend 1+ hours with some clueless tech support agent that couldn't use their own tools (Salesforce / force.com ) to upload a copy of my ID so a team that can't be contacted could verify my account, only to have to repeat this every 6 months. I got stuck having to fly home from vacation to manually runs checks once. Got hit with penalties for payroll tax not filled on time. I escalated my issue multiple times no once could give me answers (I suspect it was related to a name change that happened from when I bought it 5 years ago to when I got married) and eventually I switched to Rippling which does way more, and has excellent support.

Paul
Accountant in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Quickbooks Online Payroll

Kommentare: The software continues to be very efficient and provides ease of use. However, the confidence I have in customer service is what makes me stick with this software and not look elsewhere for an alternative.

Ease of implementation and constant guidance available from customer service to resolve any issue. Also the ability to access and run payroll from any device that can reach the internet provides so much productivity.

The Elite payroll service seems so restrictive. I cannot access many of the settings or execute many of the functions that I could through the Core payroll service. To change these settings I need to go through customer service, which was very confusing and frustrating during the implementation of the payroll service.

Juan
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

New to Quickbooks auto payroll

Kommentare: I'm very new to Quickbooks Payroll but my experience thus far has been nothing short of great. I have been using other Quickbooks products for many years though and I'm very satisfied with Quickbooks as a whole.

This software includes all the features I was looking for in one place and for a great price. My main concern as a business owner was ease of usage, accessibility and automation. This software met all these requirements and then some. The interface is very easy to navigate and user friendly and I can access everything whether I'm at home, office or on the go with their array of applications. Once everything is set up properly, there's no need to worry about it which is a huge time saver for me. I'm very busy as it is meeting clients, drafting proposals and doing the accounting, so anything I can automate reliably is of great help.

The actual set up of the payroll was a lengthy process and required to have a lot of information on hand but I wouldn't really consider this too much of a con since I had one of their amazing specialists helping me with every single step of the process. She did almost of all the work for me if I'm being honest, I just inputted data as instructed. She was very thorough and thought of concerns I didn't even think about. Just make sure you have ample time to get through the whole set up calmly.

Andrew
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very easy Payroll

Kommentare: Very simple product to use. The setup was very easy and guided .

The ease of just inputting the hours and it calculating everything else makes this a great product.

I feel that it doesn't calculate the sick mandated sick time correctly

Darcy
admin in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

QuickBooks Payroll

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

We use QuickBooks Payroll to pay all our employees. we are able to integrate their hours

sometimes the time and position gets messed up and we have to manually fix it.

Kathy
Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

QuickBooks is Awesome

It is user friendly. Makes accounting more efficient. Reports provide all necessary information.

There isn't anything that I don't like about this software.

Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best payroll software I'm aware of

Kommentare: I use Quickbooks Payroll for multiple organizations to process all aspects of payroll. I have used it for employees in four different states. I've already mentioned how useful it is in automatically calculating and tracking everything. I also use it to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for government tax agencies. I especially appreciate the ability to e-file several tax reports and e-pay some taxes as well. Each year I prepare and file employees' w-2s using Quickbooks Payroll, which makes the process fairly simple.

My favorite thing about Quickbooks payroll also happens to be the most important thing about it...it is accurate! The payroll tax rates and rules are always updated to maintain accuracy in a changing landscape. When processing payroll, everything is automatically calculated and tracked for accuracy - including annual salary, vacation and/or sick pay, holiday pay, withholding tax, and unemployment tax. I don't have to worry about manually calculating things, knowing when there are tax changes, or potentially making mistakes.

I most dislike how expensive Quickbooks Payroll is. I only use the Enhanced Payroll subscription that integrates with existing Quickbooks desktop software or Quickbooks online subscription. That means I do all of actual work in processing payroll and payroll taxes, rather than using a more full-service option. I think the (ever increasing) several hundred dollars per year it costs to have the subscription is unreasonable. (In addition there's a separate fee for each direct deposit check.) However, the truth is, I rely so much on the functions of Quickbooks payroll that I continue utilizing it despite the cost complaints. I haven't come across anything better so I feel I have no choice.

Steven
Unternehmensberatung

Service and support have taken a huge turn for the worse

Initially, before they took data away from the end user, I liked everything.

The customer service has become deplorable as of this writing. Never used to be that way. I have been without my payroll data since 1/16, and after 16 separate phone calls, each running through the same steps over and over, the same results. Nothing. Keep being informed that the "engineering team" is on it, but still no resolutions. They promise to call you back later that day, no call. So, I call back the next morning, and have to go through the entire scenario yet again. At this point in time, I'm researching other payroll companies. Intuit keeps sending me emails reminding me about payroll being due, tax forms being due... and I can't access any of the information to file it. Today, 4/19/16, I was told that there was a big software problem, that I wasn't the only one experiencing it... but, it literally took them 16 separate phone calls from me, no return phone calls from them AT ALL, and me finally getting angry and raising cain before they divulged that information. Not at all happy with Intuit right now. Several years ago, they surveyed users as to how to best run payroll. I was very VERY happy with having the data remain with me, backed up with them, and me filing electronically with the information in my computer. They decided to have everything "secured" in their hands. I stated my concern that the potential arrises to having our information trapped if they have any software or hardware issues... "Oh, no sir!! That would never happen!!" .... and now, I have zero access to my accounts and information. And the only response I got today after raising hell, is, "You have to wait and be patient, sir." ... I would have to say be cautious when deciding to use Intuit right now.

Theresa
AP in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it has been easy to use

Online customer service features/chat option and being able to integrate with QuickBooks software.

Some of the updates can be frustrating as well as the importing features (lost files, duplicate files, etc).

CEO in Kanada
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Works for our relatively straight forward needs

Kommentare: It's been good, and I would recommend it to other companies that have a similar use case to us (not a crazy amount of employees, and no complicated setup for payments)

I've had many people tell me that QuickBooks Payroll isn't a "true" or "real" payroll system, but I have yet to experience any major problems. Our use case is fairly simple / straight forward, and we have 10's of employees, not 100's. In this context it works very well, handles all the tax reporting almost automatically (there is a bit of manual work, but it's trivial) and basically allows us to manage this fairly simply as a small company with not tons of resources. It handles the direct deposit for our employees nicely as well.

This is more of an issue with any Quickbooks product, not just Payroll. The UI is not always super clear, and sometimes you have to go to weird places (from a navigation perspective) to find a particular function. Getting our annual forms for employees and the government is always a pain, because it's been a year since it was done last and it takes some time to find where you can do it in the software. The support is also hit and miss. Sometimes the agent you get is very helpful and solves the problem relatively quickly, and sometimes the agent you get can't even really understand the problem no matter how often you explain it. Finally my last gripe is that I have to manage the dates to process payroll manually. i.e. Quickbooks knows when payroll has to be run, but doesn't send me any type of notification, so I have to manually track this. It occasionally results in running it too close to a holiday, resulting in staff getting paid a day late, I'd really appreciate it if I got a notice from Quickbooks on the last day to process on time, since it's only one of the many things I have to keep track of.

Regina
Administrator in USA
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Unhappy Customer!!!

Kommentare: Having billing issues.
We discovered last month that we were being double billed for our QuickBooks payroll after we converted over to QuickBooks online.
Overpayment came to a total of $1127.
I and our accountant had to spend a total of over 5 hours on the phone attempting to get a refund for this overpayment. Finally my accountant got $474 promised back and had to compinsate me back another $474 from her small business. The other $237 was lost!
After discovering what the charge being taken out of our bank account by intuit was, i then attempted to find a phone number to discuss the issue. I was unable to find any contact information on the website or within our QuickBooks online account.
My accountant then showed me where online there was contact information. I then had to request a call back. There was no phone number or email to the contact Quickbooks with directly to get help with any issue including billing.
We both then spent at least five hours on the phone with different quick books representatives. These representatives were located in the Philippines and not even in the United States. They made promises of emailing me information of where they had authorityTo deduct directly from our checking account and failed to send the information. This was two different representatives. I still haven’t gotten this information.
Intuit has been getting double payment for our payroll services for 2 1/2 years!

Reconciling bank account both with bank and online.

Billing and lack of customer service! No direct contact phone numbers . Representatives in phillipines. Dropped calls and long waiting times. No email contact for help. Lack of follow through.

William
VP in USA
Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Been with Intuit for 15+ years their service has gone way done

Kommentare: e loved Inuit Payroll for 20 years but the past 2 years they are terrible. They mistakenly filed our 940 forms twice in 2019 for the same quarter, and then when they file the second one they send you a notice that your payroll was rejected because "SOMEONE" (ah it was you.... dumb a...) filed it. We went through hell last year, getting this resolved and their customer service sucks....bad. We were left to solve the problem on our own. My QB consultant warned me that Intuit payroll is screwing everything up and I should switch to ADP. But, no I did not listen and now they did the same mistake this year. Intuit Payroll why don't you just go out of business or better sell to ADP or Paychex.

It is easy when it works. But if you need help forget it.

Customer service is bad, you are ditched when there is an issue and you are on your own

Patricia
Office Manager in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A User for Over 20 Years

Kommentare: I have been using it for a very long time and am familiar with almost everything it has to offer even if I don't use some features. On a weekly use for 2 companies, it makes doing payroll fast and simple when using time sheets. It has some unfriendly features if you deviate from doing payroll that way -- like doing separate bonus checks, corporate officer year end checks, or anything that's not set as a regularly weekly paycheck. Some of the wording is confusing when doing those checks.

It's relatively easy to use once you set it up and take the time to understand the tax lines to which expenses, income, payroll, etc should be assigned. Once you learn how to use it and custom your reports, it saves time and the data from years back can be accessed.

It gets too complicated in generating reports. If you only use the reports as QB configures them, you won't get the most accurate view of the business. And I do NOT like the password being required on my own device. I want to decide that for myself. It's a real pain to have to log into a device that only I use even if you can set it for 90 days. I don't want to do that at all.

Darcie
Payroll Manager in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Pretty good value but tax and reporting features can be lacking

Kommentare: QuickBook’s Online seemed like a great choice but after 1 year of use, we went back to the fully integrated desktop software. No real issues and certainly no issues with tax payment accruals and the reporting is very detailed. Highly recommend desktop software over online.

QB’s is user friendly and meets all basic payroll needs without issue. Easy vacation tracking and basic reporting services. Takes about 5 minutes to run payroll for a smaller company.

A couple of hiccups in the tax payment department using the online version and the reporting was lacking. Customer service was mediocre and took quite a long while to work with for seemingly simple errors that were only correctly handled approximately 50% of the time.

Andrew
Creative Director in USA
Kino & Film, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best of the Best

Love using Quickbooks compared to everything else we've ever tried

Not really much, other than the learning curve, but they help out with that a ton. For example, I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] today who walked me through something I was having issues with. Great job!

Wissam
owner in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Horrible Direct Deposit

Kommentare: try it and you will find out.

It is cheap and integrated with Quickbooks

Good luck with their new Risk Assessment Department. I have been trying to do Direct Deposit for 3 months in my new company and they cannot get their act together. It is harder than getting a mortgage. My other companies are fine but now they keep asking more and more info to just run $2000 a week in payroll. All because "I am a new company and they front the direct desposit funds". I really do not care. Any other payroll company can do this. They should state that they do not offer direct deposit for new companies.

Christal
CEO in USA

Easy Payroll app for Small Businesses

Kommentare: Overall positive experience with QuickBooks payroll. Helpful to get employees and taxes paid fast.

QuickBooks Payroll is user friendly and easy to use. Setup and onboarding employees can be done quickly and efficiently, Auto feature for running payroll is a time saver. Filing and paying taxes are taken care of in a timely manner.

I wish QB customer support was easier and faster to access.

Yvette
Single member LLC in USA
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I should have switched sooner!

Kommentare: I have used Intuit full payroll for years and have been very pleased with them. It was a no brainer to convert from desktop and integrate full payroll with the online quickbooks. Now I can so everything within one program and have assess to my banking transactions! First thing I must say is if you are moving from desktop/intuit full payroll like me, then be ready to back off and let the teams do their jobs. Then dig in and learn the minor changes that are on the software. The customer service has been the best and very helpful!

I like that it is so accessible and easy. Having been a long time customer of Intuit payroll with my desktop quickbooks the integration of both together has made my life easier!

The process was more complicated and took longer than I anticipated. I expected my intuit full payroll service to quickly convert to the QBO full payroll. Clearly there are things I cannot see and did not know that took longer. Over all the transition has been very positive. This isn't really a "con" but I would advise future customers to make sure their desktop is completely up todate before they export, then set the desktop version aside and run with the online version. It will simplify your bookkeeping by hours!!!

Karri
Client Services Specialist/bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easiest payroll software I have used

Kommentare: It has been easy to take over clients' payroll services with the ease of use with QBO Payroll. Simple to use and intuitive.

Intuitive, easy to navigate, lots of options for pay-type, can have some employees on auto payroll. Like that we can cut separate checks/check-runs when necessary. I appreciate the email reminders about payroll cut-off date/time. As an employee and Payroll admin, I appreciate the Workforce component so I can view my payroll, deductions settings and get my W-2.

I don't know anything that I don't like. I am accustomed to using it and have used the QB training. The chat support does sometimes get busy so I have to wait.