Über Boomerang

E-Mail-Produktivitätsanwendung für Gmail, die Absender benachrichtigt, wenn ihre E-Mails geöffnet werden und wenn Links innerhalb des E-Mail-Texts angeklickt werden.

Erfahre mehr über Boomerang

Eman J.
Recruiting Coordinator
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.12.2018

"Boomerang is the best tool out there to organize your blasted email!"

Kommentare: Overall, Boomerang has been an angel for me. Without Boomerang it will be hard for me to keep up with my commitment in getting back to candidates, and letting them know what they need to do or where they need to proceed a day before their interview. I get a lot of awards and thank yous from candidates and they see our business as very responsive and professional because we never failed to update them regarding their next steps or whether or not they got the post.

Vorteile: In recruitment, you seldom get just less than 20 emails per day. If you did, well you're lucky! It is a bottleneck to get things done in recruitment if you're speaking of email commitments such as sending email blasts for next week, or sending turn down to a candidate you just interviewed after a week or sending a candidate for final interview a day before his set schedule. We resorted to using sticky notes before, but it is unsuccessful because sometimes sticky notes are not that too sticky and they fly away, and there arises complaints of being unprofessional from candidates we failed to give an update. With Boomerang, it resolved that problem because instead of pending that responsibility and jotting it down to a sticky note, you can just do it now and pend it being sent to whatever day and time you would want it to go out. With Boomerang, we have successfully met 100% compliance in sending out turn down emails, notification or reminder emails, and office-wide campaigns easily.

Nachteile: I like everything about Boomerang. Maybe what I least like is the price, and why I just learnt it a year ago. If only, I heard about this when I started my career in recruitment, everything should have been a walk in the park!

• Bewertet am 28.12.2018
Curtis R.
Attorney
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.12.2019

"Love the 'Pause' Feature"

Kommentare: Strongly positive. I have been using it for years and it is a great way to make sure things don't fall through the cracks because they can come back to you.

Vorteile: I am a big fan of the 'Pause' feature for batch processing emails. I also really like their 'Respondability' feature.

Nachteile: The Send Later is a fantastic feature, which I am sure is why Google adopted it. There are delays in it loading and checking credentials. Unpausing from your smartphone/moble is not the easiest. You are redirected.

• Bewertet am 10.12.2019
  • Bewertet am 18.5.2020

"Nice features, easy to use"

Kommentare: I've been using Boomerang for several years, and it has greatly improved my productivity, and my ability to get responses to my emails.

Vorteile: Being able to schedule emails, and have it remind you if you don't get a reply, helps keep you on track, and not let things fall through the cracks.

Nachteile: One of the only cons that I have found is that the extension in Google Chrome can be a bit slow to load.

• Bewertet am 18.5.2020
Director of Marketing
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.7.2018

"Not worth it"

Vorteile: Boomerang promises a lot but doesn't really deliver in any one particular area. Everything useful is a paid feature

Nachteile: Paid plans are more expensive than competitors. They aren't clear about what you pay for when you first download.

• Bewertet am 21.7.2018
Guy G.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.1.2020

"Schedule and manage your inbox"

Kommentare: reminders of important emails, and ability to send on a sunday afternoon or evening, but arrive Monday morning

Vorteile: A great tool for productivity and managing your inbox - boomerang allows you to snooze any emails until later, returning them to your inbox when you think you'll want them, and also allows you to schedule email sends, so that you can have them arrive in the recipient's inbox at a suitable time

Nachteile: Nothing really, it does what it says above, and I can't fault it. Used the free version for a while, but happy enough to pay a few dollars per month for the service.

• Bewertet am 31.1.2020
Marcus D.
Managing Member
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.10.2019

"Great Way To Manage E-mail"

Kommentare: It made easier for me to manage and focus on business e-mails that matte the most. I'm not wasting time on e-mails that don't deserve my immediate attention.

Vorteile: Love the ability to schedule e-mail at a later time and not disturb clients outside of regular business hours. I also like the add-on assistant to help in writing better e-mails. in Being able to use the software to assist me in scheduling my calendar is also a plus, and so is automatic follow-up reminders for important e-mails.

Nachteile: I honestly have not found anything that I dislike about this software. Although, there's at one feature I wish was included as part of the personal pricing plan as opposed to the Pro (sharing availability).

• Bewertet am 30.10.2019
David I.
Sales
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

"Time and worry saver"

Kommentare: This software is a complete time saver it allows you to be much more productive, set a time to compose all your emails and schedule them during the week, week end or the most useful when you are about to leave on vacation and you can know who opened it and who did not and bounce back onto them. Absolutely worth it a 1000% !

Vorteile: - You can Schedule your emails not just one but multiple emails.
- You are able to request a reply from the receiver.
- You can also get notified if the receiver did not open your email "I used this feature for quotations that way customers can't tell you they are not interested, because you will know they did not open it".

Nachteile: - There used to be a pop up that would come up when you scheduled your email for the first time that would take you to another page and ask you for permission to use boomerang, this will pop out and make you freak out thinking that you lost your 30 min long email.

Morgan D.
Graduate Research Fellow
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.9.2019

"Boomerang- the tool you NEED!"

Kommentare: I use boomerang as an add on to gmail. As a student, I am often up late at night working. I use Boomerang to set up an email to deliver in advance, so I don’t commit the faux paus of emailing my professor at 3 in the morning!

Vorteile: Boomerang allows me to schedule emails in advance, particularly, when I’m working late at night, but don’t want to expose the recipient to my late night mailings. I’ve recommended Boomerang many times to other students

Nachteile: I don’t love how Boomerang sets an assumed time to send around two days in advance pretty much automatically. I think it should take you straight to a window where you select date and time once you press schedule message.

Travis T.
  • Bewertet am 30.8.2019

"Perfect for Email Productivity "

Vorteile: I use this App both personally and professionally to make sure emails and communications have been reached.

Nachteile: There are no Cons! This is a very valuable tool especially with large amounts of email outreach.

• Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Javier victor marian B.
Network Security Auditor
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.7.2019

"a must have"

Vorteile: great for schedule follow up emails and to re-send you emails to yourself, help you to clear your mind.

Nachteile: the new artificial intelligent assistant needs improvement.

• Bewertet am 21.7.2019
Assistant Director of Undergraduate Programs
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2019

"Boomerang (for Gmail)"

Kommentare: I have been using Boomerang with my gmail account, and it has been working great. To be honest, it gives me so much of flexibility since I tend to work a lot during non-standard work hours. I have also being using it a lot to advertise events and send reminders about them (I would schedule all upcoming reminders all at once, so that I don't have to think and remember about them later). The only downside of this software: if you want to use it on your phone, it won't work automatically with your email app that you already have. Boomerang has to be downloaded separately; and whenever you want to use it, you would need to write the email through that actual app (not through your email application on the phone). It is not a big deal, but it may become confusing if your email box is dealing with a lot of different email that are normally sorter in a gmail box, but are not, unfortunately, sorted in the Boomerang app.

Vorteile: - delayed emails
- an ability to edit/delete/reschedule your already scheduled emails
- very easy to install and use
- its not expensive
- an ability to schedule particular time when you would like to read your emails (I know this feature exists, but I have never used it)

Nachteile: - an unpaid version has a very limited number of emails per months that you can use, which is not going to be enough for sure. So, I can say that the software isn't free.
- doesn't sync with an email box in the phone (boomerang software needs to be installed and used independently from your phone's email application)
- design

• Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Global Shaper
Regierungsbeziehungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.11.2018

"Has done more for my inbox management than any other product ever"

Vorteile: It's easy to use. My inbox is one of my to-do lists, so why leave something there when I know I don't need to do it, respond to it, or act on it for days or weeks? Boomerang lets me bring that email back whenever I want

Boomerang is especially great if you're managing a team these days. In the ways I've used the tool, it meant that I got great at answering emails (used the boomerang feature to pop something back up in my inbox after a certain time) and my employees stopped chasing me for answers to things.
Most importantly, it made me better at respecting my employees time. I write emails with to-dos or follow-up items late at night and schedule them to drop in employees' inboxes first thing in the AM, instead of showing them I'm emailing them at 11 PM.

Nachteile: I don't pay for it - so I often run out of free credits for the month. Other than that, I think it's perfect.

• Bewertet am 16.11.2018
Layne L.
Sr. Territory Account Executive
Verlagswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.7.2018

"Boomerang has changed the way I use email"

Kommentare: The benefits are far greater than the costs. It really helps me keep after people when I need to get something done.

Vorteile: The tool is simple, there aren't a ton of features, so it's easy to use it for what it's built for. It does a great job at making sure I don't forget about an email that needs to be responded to, but doesn't need a response right now. The other great thing about it is that bayden does this program called "Revive your inbox" that really teaches you best practices about how to manage your email program. It has changed me from creating layers and layers of folders and spending a bunch of time filing emails that I'll probably never need again, to someone who can use the search feature in gmail to find what I need whenever I need it.

Nachteile: It can be easy to create a backlog of boomerang messages in your inbox. Too easy to put off that follow up you need to do.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Director, Strategic Partnerships
Internet, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.6.2018

"One of the best email productivity tools!"

Kommentare: Productivity, Diligence

Vorteile: The tool allows you to schedule when emails will be sent. This allows me to set and forget emails (to be sent at times of my choosing) and opens up my band-width to tackle other tasks while knowing that the emails will be delivered at a time when my recipients are most likely to respond. I also love the ability to "boomerang" emails for which I was expecting replies, but didn't get, so that I can follow up from my side. This removes the need for me to remember whom I had mailed last week and helps me intelligently follow up.

Nachteile: I find it occasionally annoying because when I load my gmail, boomerang has to load via the google chrome extension and it slows down my Gmail. The 'pause' button feature does not work well - once you pause an email from a recipient, I have struggled to unpause the email which is odd.

• Bewertet am 20.6.2018
Kir C.
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.7.2018

"Helps you send the e-mail when you think it should be sent, not right now"

Kommentare: Really great productivity piece.

Vorteile: Ever have a feeling that sending the business proposal at 3 in the morning isn't the right thing for the "corporate image"? Ever thought that you need to have client think that the 5-minutes complete job is a complicated 2-hours endeavour? Then this brilliant piece of software is for you.. It can also "boomerang" the e-mail to your in-box in a few hours or days, so you will get the fresh reminder exactly when you need, without those strange letters cluttering your mailbox. Very very good productivity tool

Nachteile: Well, you need to pay for it to get all the small bits and pieces. But monthly rental also gives you the "return receipt" function for your e-mail (you will know if your e-mail was opened 50 times before the company replied to you) and other practically unlimited functions.

• Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter
  • Bewertet am 21.5.2019

"Makes you look real smart"

Kommentare: I use Boomerang to schedule emails with international contacts all over the world. It makes my life a lot easier knowing that I can get important messages into their inbox at times when they are most likely to be active in their inboxes. Being able to track opens, link clicks, etc. also helps me to understand how productive my outreach is proving to be, which is nice.

Vorteile: Tracking reads and link clicks are a big part of what makes Boomerang great, and I do like using those features on occasion to get insight into how my external messages perform. The biggest benefit I see, though, is in using the scheduling feature. Boomerang has dramatically improved my success rate in getting timely responses to my emails just by virtue of letting me time messages for when the recipient is likeliest to get it at the top of their list. I've even gotten a few compliments from people surprised that I was active and emailing at unusual times and days. Truth was, I wasn't working at all; Boomerang just made it seem like I was really on the ball.

Nachteile: Minor complaint, but the UI in the Gmail application really doesn't look very nice. There are also a couple of issues with button and field placements potentially leading to misunderstandings. I would recommend reviewing your activity carefully so that you're sure that what you're attempting to do is actually done.

• Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Rachel M.
QA & Compliance Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.2.2019

"Productivity soars with a clean inbox"

Vorteile: I use my inbox as a 'to do' list--until something is addressed, I leave it in my inbox. At times though, I am waiting on another person or want to revisit something in a few weeks without starring at it every day until then. Boomerang allows me to do just that--with the click of a button, I am able to ensure that emails wind up back in my inbox and, with a clean inbox, I can focus on what really needs to be addressed now.

Nachteile: Boomerang works by almost forwarding the email back to your inbox. Thus, with gmail, you might have a thread of emails (the original one and then the one from boomerang). Once you get used to this though, it really is not a problem at all.

• Bewertet am 20.2.2019
Christina M.
Interim Director
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.3.2019

"Delay Send, Tracking, and Return to Inbox"

Vorteile: I was missing the ability to schedule messages to send later that was possible with Microsoft Outlook. My current employer uses Gmail as our platform and I had to draft an email and then send later. It was taking too much effort, thus came Boomerang. I can now work as late as I want, but send all the emails the next morning. It really helps me stay on top of my work. I can also schedule messages to send later if they aren't important right away. This is one of my favorite workplace tools.

Nachteile: Occassionally the software glitches, but it is very rare and a quick refresh is all that is needed.

• Bewertet am 21.3.2019
Co-Founder
  • Bewertet am 21.4.2018

"A game-changer in managing my inbox"

Kommentare: Returning important emails to my inbox at a later date, reminding myself to follow up with people by scheduling the email to bounce back to me if they don't respond.

Vorteile: I use Boomerang to help manage my personal and work-related email accounts. It's been a massive help since I started using it . I used to let dozens of emails pile up so I wouldn't forget about them, but the ability to send them away and have them return at a later date is invaluable. I also love being able to schedule follow-up reminders for myself by scheduling sent emails to return later if they don't receive a response. The "responsible" feature that rates the quality of your email using AI is pretty neat too.

Nachteile: Can be a big buggy sometimes when verifying that I'm logged in, but nothing that hampers usability.

• Bewertet am 21.4.2018
Monica M.
Gerente General
  • Bewertet am 23.4.2018

"Excellent tool!"

Kommentare: declutter my inbox! such a nice thing to be able to concentrate on what I have to do at a moment, a not to have 20 emails on my inbox just to not loose them.

Vorteile: I used to mark as unread threads of email that I need to keep track on, with boomerang you can just select the amount of time you want to wait until an answer if you don't get one by that moment boomerang will let you know, that's an excellent feature that cleans my inbox.
Also a great feature is that you can schedule emails to be sent later, so if you are working late you don't have to worry about bothering others at inappropriate times.
Read receipts are also great so you don't have to ask for an email to know if someone read yours, especially if you don't need an answer in particular. People can also opt out, but in that case if you boomerang that message you will still keep track of it.
A thing I find great is that whatever email you need to keep an eye on gets on your inbox, I usually forget to look at things or special places (aka click on special folders, labels, etc), this way I don't miss a thing!

Nachteile: As for my concern I haven't found any flaw on this tool! I know there might be some cons but for what I need its perfect and I got used to it in less than a minute.

• Bewertet am 23.4.2018
Incoming Intern
Investmentbanking, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.3.2019

"An honest opinion"

Kommentare: With Boomerang, I can schedule emails in advance, providing an enormous convenience in furthering my career.

Vorteile: I really enjoy that I can send emails at a predetermined time. Personally, when I need to send out multiple emails, but don't have the time to do so in a short span, I like to use boomerang so that I can write them out in advance and not have to worry about it in the future

Nachteile: The interface is definitely something I would change about the program. It works well within gmail, however, the software often brings me to a secondary page or there are popups for no reason.

• Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Daniel B.
Marketing and Project Manager
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2018

"Boomerang Saves Me Time and Makes Me More Efficient"

Kommentare: Boomerang allows to make my communications with customers, staff, and suppliers appear to come during a set schedule, which allows me to communicate effectively and clearly with all stakeholders.

Vorteile: What I love about Boomerang is that it allows me to focus on now and just deal with other emails and reminders later. For me, I also love the scheduled sending of emails. I bet I offset 10 times the amount of a subscription by just how efficient and time saving it is for me.

Nachteile: I wish Boomerang had some kind of AI in it to remind me when a boomeranged email has been missed.

• Bewertet am 6.12.2018
James C.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.11.2018

"A brilliant tool"

Kommentare: perfect!

Vorteile: I have been using Boomerang to schedule emails for as long as I have been doing business. The best thing about the Boomerang plugin is the fact that it allows me to easily and very quickly schedule emails, it has saved me a lot of time over the years that I have been using it. It does exactly what it claims to do and I have never faced an issue whilst using the software.

Nachteile: I don't feel that Boomerang has any cons. It does exactly what it says it will do and is easy for anybody to install and use.

• Bewertet am 7.11.2018
Pastor
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.3.2019

"Useful app!"

Kommentare: I've never had a scheduled message not be sent. The ability to keep track of important e-mails that I haven't received a reply for has been a lifesaver. A great app to help keep you on top of your game. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to stay ahead.

Vorteile: What a find when I learned about Boomerang for Gmail. Having the ability to schedule an e-mail to send at a later time means I can do an e-mail when I think about it and schedule it to be sent later. Great for sending reminder to people or even yourself. Having messages come back to the top if you don't hear back has been a very useful feature. With all the e-mail I get, it's hard to keep the ones I need to followup with visible in the inbox.

Nachteile: Limited number of message credits on the free basic plan. That is okay if you don't use a lot. Pricing for personal use is a bit much if you don't use it heavily

• Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Srikar K.
Research Analyst
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.9.2019

"Boomerang is great if you don't have a email sending software already. "

Kommentare: Boomerang was a life-saver before send later features became native and I highly recommend it to those folks who have a few emails they want to schedule each month and don't use Gmail.

Vorteile: I started using boomerang before send later features were common in Gmail, etc. It was a lifesaver back then to be able to schedule emails out for early in the morning or late at night. It was a pretty small use-case in my day-to-day responsibilities but still something that would be invaluable every now and then.

Nachteile: There were a few times where I would run up on my sending limit and had to wait out the month to send more emails which was frustrating. Beyond that, now that Gmail has this functionality natively - it's not very valuable for the work that I do. I imagine this can be a lot more useful for email clients that do not have the feature native.

• Bewertet am 30.9.2019