Filtern nach:

André L.
André L.
System Administrator in Brasilien
Chemikalien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

A easy to use and reliable solution for small and mid sized companies

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: When we started to use this software, we did not have a solution to inventory and deploy softwares on your computers and servers, that is a powerful tool, with a very good price that really worths the investiment. We were able to keep all our computers and softwares updated, and we have pushed some Windows build updates through PDQ Deploy, which worked very well! If you do not have a inventory/deploy solution on your environment, and cannot spend so much money with it, go with PDQ without think twice, you will not regret!

It is easy to implement, configure and to use it, everything on this software is so intuitive, even if you not read the manual you can do more than 50% of the software functionalities. The software has a wide variety of options to deploy softwares to your computers, also, if you spend a few bucks more, you can buy the PDQ Inventory, which works very well integrated with the Deploy solution.

The error messages on the deploys are not so clear, it difficults the troubleshooting on the first time without some research.

Gabe C.
Director of IT in USA
Investmentbanking, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

We Love PDQ, But...

Kommentare: Overall it has been a wise investment. This last year with WFH has been incredibly difficult though. DNS struggles to identify systems and half the systems are not online. We really need a functioning client for machines outside of our network.

PDQ is lightweight and incredibly efficient. Having the flexibility to deploy packages to dynamic collections is by far our favorite feature.

We have had an incredibly difficult time over the last year with systems outside the network or on a VPN. Removing the inventory client was a big loss for us. We would happily use a client if you had one.

Kris K.
IT Services Manager in UK
Rechtsberatung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Love it, but it has issues

Kommentare: The company are great. Sadly there are more comprehensive SaaS solution with cloud offerings that at least for us are more suitable - especially with the shift towards a lot more home working.

PDQ is a great interface. It's agentless and sits on a server internally. Using Deploy is easy to do and there are a lot of predefined packages. You can also make your own and use many different deployment methods.

I couldn't use it externally easily. This meant machines out of the office were unmanageable. PDQ Link became available in Q2/3 2021 but I could get it to work despite support. PDQ then pulled Support for it and was the final nail in the coffin.

Keith J.
Director of Technology in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

PDQ-Lifesaver

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Many updates can be sent out and installed silently while the computer is in use. Makes them think I'm some sort of magician.

I used to be up at night updating or installing in computer labs until as late as 2am to have the labs ready for the next day. Couldnt do it duing the day because the computers were always in use. Now I can just schedule installs/updates before I leave work and they are done before I go to bed - at a normal time.

The only thing I like least about PDQ is how long it took to learn about it

Rick M.
IT Desktop Support Specialist II in USA
Tiefbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

An invaluable lifesaver at an exceptional value

Kommentare: There is not another program on the market with the efficacy of PDQ in the creation, management, and monitoring of a wide variety of installations and configuration changes we need to make on the 400+ machines in 5 main locations

Deployment design flexibility, and the ability to control how and when those run.

Deployment monitoring seems under-developed. Maybe it's a limitation of what information can be effectively gathered, given how Windows does its best to prevent you from ever knowing what's going on, so it's not a huge deal, but I'd love it if it could be developed. Nothing comes immediately to mind, but I have submitted feature requests/suggestions as I've encountered them. It also seems to generally struggle with Autodesk across the board - There seems to be no rhyme nor reason, and since it's the only set of programs we always have issues with, I blame Autodesk, not PDQ. But it would be nice if there was a way to address it.

Daniel W.
Senior IT Specialist in USA
Bibliotheken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

PDQ Review

Kommentare: Overall this is an excellent software. With ease of use and one click solutions it has produced less headaches then other solutions.

PDQ deploy is easy to use and install on your network. The functionality of the software allows ease of use deployment packages and updating with simple one click downloads. Built side by side with PDQ inventory target device management is simple and fun.

PDQ deploy in my opinion needs a GUI interface boost to bring it into the modern world. It has an old ADUC feel, but needs to be updated with a cloud platform feel or use. It would be very beneficial for a lot of organizations with an off-premise option.

John H.
Director, Information Technology in USA
Rechtsberatung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Save yourself time and buy it now

Kommentare: PDQ Deploy (and Inventory) are quite literally open on my workstation all day/every day. We're a relatively lean IT department, and automation is critical to our success. I simply don't have to worry about patching several 3rd party applications as well as deploying new software to the environment.

The time savings PDQ Deploy generates makes it invaluable to our organization. If we were to attempt half of what PDQ does on a daily basis, we'd have to double our department size.

While I technically loved the idea of a PDQ agent, I realize it wasn't in the cards. That said, we've pretty much removed the need for an endpoint agent by deploying remote access VPNs.

Landon L.
System Analyst in Kanada
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PDQ is ready for your enterprise

Kommentare: from Print Nightmare mitigation to installing the latest packages from MS and partners the experience has been great. Great support. Great product.

what I like most abut the software is the great support. Yes it can deploy remotely to your entire network. Yes it can help you maintain your infrastructure security but showing patching deficiencies and missed updates but what I really like about this software is the customer support. from youtube to one on one sessions, PDQ has the best support in the business.

could have a larger set of already supported software natively.

Norma estela R.
Norma estela R.
Content Creator in Mexiko
Rundfunkmedien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

So good that you can ignore the ifs and buts

4 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It is a good tool but there are less expensive solutions that, given the rise of remote work, avoid the problems that this software presents. In my company, it has worked well for monitoring and administration but there are difficulties with machines that are out of the office. Software spoofing has disappeared.

It is a very intuitive software, it is easy to implement, configure and use; its interface is eye-catching and nothing is too much. On the other hand, it is light and efficient, has a great flexibility for the implementation of packages and has a great data processing capacity; in addition, it is quite customizable which makes it a great ally when it comes to controlling how and when to run.

If you were to try to use it on machines that are out of immediate reach, you would encounter a number of difficulties. It is sometimes difficult to control with off-network systems or by using a VPN; on the other hand, the error messages that are displayed are not clear enough, which makes it difficult to resolve them because a prior investigation has to be carried out.

Andrey C.
Senior IT Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Flexible Deployment Tool

Ability to streamline deployment of pretty much any piece of software for mass deployment. Flexibility on how the installations runs, chaining one installation after another, and full logs for troubleshooting when you can't get the silent installation switches just right.

At this time deployments are limited to computers on the local network.

Morton M.
Technoloy Support in Australien
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use for deploying softwares to thousands of computers. Deploy and walk away.

Kommentare: Love it. This software is a God sent. Seriously, i had doubts with it when i first tried it, but when i noticed / realised that I can deploy and MSI or exe software to 100 computers, and it only took 10 min, I was just in awe with it. I said to myself, if i can do this to 100 devices, imagine how easy it would be to install softwares on the 1000 computers and the time spent for installing softwares, i could be doing other things. I'll be devastated and don't know what to do if i stop using this.

Easy to use. Set package for deployment. Test it. If package works, deploy the package manually and walk away, or scheduled the package to have it installed overnight. If deployment fails, it will install once the computer goes online. So many options that can be set and use.

no Cons. Improvements only. Perhaps packages for deploying windows 10 apps can be included. At the moment, I have to figure out how to use Power shell to deploy windows apps. Also, deploying chrome extension, perhaps this can be included in the pdq deploy software package Technical support is not available in Australia, so when i send and email, i have to wait 24 hours to get a reply, which is a bummer. I wish we had tech support in Australia.

Jeroen G.
Network/Systems Admin in Kanada
Landwirtschaft, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Just Get It !! You will never regret it !!

Kommentare: It is an amazing piece of software what takes a huge amount of headache away. It is quick, easy. If you want want to do software install and update deployment quick and easy you need PDQ Deploy !!

This product is super easy to use. Most standard packages are already build for you (and every new update there is more) what can be super easy rolled out to a test machine and then production. If you want custom installation it is so easy to install/copy - install/ create little batch files or full on powershell scripts. This is super easy comparing to SCCM or even WSUS.

I had to think long and hard about what could be improved and even asked my co-workers.... and really there is nothing at this moment what needs to be improved. It does what needs to be done and is super easy. (edit: Perhaps the only thing is that the log files with errors could be more detailed to directly been viewed)

Timothy M.
IT Specialist 3 in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PDQ Deploy is AMAZING!!!

Kommentare: Patch management is crucial for our organization. We also have specialized applications which need to be updated semi-frequently. So being able to use Deploy to quick, easily and reliably push changes and updates across our entire organization is critical.

Love the hotkey functions. Ease of use and overall UI is great. Easy to navigate, configure and change the product itself as well as quickly and easily build and deploy packages.

The option for setting "offset" days with scheduled deployments would be nice as we typically schedule our deployments based of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Tuesdays of the month.

Brett I.
Technology Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple, functional, reliable

Kommentare: PDQ Deploy is an excellent value. I've used it at previous jobs and have introduced it in every new job. The amount of time saved is staggering.

The reliability and ease of use of PDQ is great. I also love the ability to customize and create packages. If you can script it, you can deploy it.

I still like the idea of PDQ Link, or similar software. During the pandemic, a lot of our machines were never on our local network, so PDQ Deploy and Inventory had limited use for us. We had no way to deploy software to users unless their machine was back on our network. Even when users are using a VPN to connect to our network remotely, deployments still don't work (probably something on our end). I am currently looking at other options like FileWave to do off network support and inventory.

Bart A.
IT Manager in Niederlande
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Deployment with ease.

Kommentare: It makes updating so much less time consuming and gives a proper overview about the installation states. Also using the integration with PDQ Inventory keeping software up to date that was installed later on manually on some machines also works. So if you for example installed an Adobe Reader manually that still can be updated by the software once it identified it. Update scheduling works like a charm.

Finally a product that does what it's supposed to do. And it's actually good at what it's doing. It is highly flexible. So if you just want to copy some files that works with this product as well as installations that do checks on dependencies. It has an own repository where already configured application installations exist. It can have schedules, it can deploy to one or more machines. You can group installations. It integrates nicely with PDQ inventory. What else to say than this is just great software for a reasonable price. It does what it is intended for and more.

I think there are no real cons worth mentioning. Just try and buy this software you will not regret.

Scott L.
ISO in USA
Bankwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

THE Best application for the money in the IT space!

Kommentare: We have been using PDQ for the past 10 years and it keeps getting better and better. The installs are fast and responsive. Their video training is excellent as well as the videos are straight and to the point with great screen captures and explanations. We will never be without PDQ!

This application allows us to push out "one off" applications and gives us the ability to know right away if the application install was successful. They have a ton of templates built for commonly used applications and constantly updating their pushes and templates. Their support is second to none! They are super responsive and always willing to go above and beyond in helping our team with application pushes that are out of the ordinary. If an application fails to install successfully from a push, you can also email support right from the error message without having to do copy and paste. More support teams should follow their lead. I can't say enough good things about them.

Honestly, I don't have any cons about this software.

Aaron E.
VP, ISO in USA
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Deploys Awesomeness!

Kommentare: Deploy became a one-stop shop for getting software pushed out and updates installed. Especially great for those vendors with constant updates or supplemental tweaks after the install, which can be built into the deployment.

The built-in deployments are great! Eliminates most of the effort of seeking out and setting up common installs and updates. They are also easy to customize if that fits your business need better. Pair this scheduling deployments, then you can set it and forget it. This will reduce your admins workload significantly and the return on investment is evident very quickly.

It doesn't make coffee. Really, I've got nothing. All around great!

Rob H.
Systems Admin in USA
Kunststoffe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Deployment Solution

Kommentare: It's great for remotely deploying software and patches. Saves a lot of time and effort because you don't have to go to an end user computer or try to connect with them somehow to install anything, you can just set up a package to deploy silently with no user intervention.

The best part of PDQ Deploy is the ability to deploy software and updates/patches to computers on our network. Pretty easy to figure out how to build a deployment package and works exceptionally well. Also easy to understand.

I really have no cons to speak of other than sometimes we cannot connect to a computer to perform a scan or deployment but that isn't really the fault of the software, that's more of a network issue. We have users working from home using vpn and deployments fail for them sometimes.

Charlie S.
Adjunct Instructor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PDQ - Solid Patch Management for Less!

Kommentare: Fantastic. it's allowed me to automate and manage a 1200+ machine network that was near impossible before I had PDQ to help. Plus, it's priced amazingly compared to other solutions.

PDQ's ease of use combined with the sheer number of features is staggering (in a good way!) It's super easy not just to deploy patches but also to automate command line and scripting across many machines at once. The automated package library is huge and makes my life much easier.

I don't have anything bad to say about PDQ. Any issue I've had was solved within hours and their customer support is top notch.

Charles C.
Desktop Technician in
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Power without comprimise

- Extremely robust. allowing you to create packages specifically written for practically any and every program, Job, script, Ect. -Cheap. Very much worth the price -Ease of use. Anyone with a bit of IT knowledge can quickly install this program and start using it at a moments notice - Kind and quick Support. Everyone at PDQ (that I have worked with) is friendly and easy to work with. - Versatile. This program works with practically any setup.

If I had to have one complaint I would certainly say that its the fact they are without a phone support line. Everything is done either through their forums or email. While they are quick to provide support via Email. its still email and feels much slower than if a phone were used.

Network Administrator in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Worth every penny

Kommentare: Very positive, hope to use for a long time

Probably the most used tool for our department. PDQ makes deploying software or custom on the fly changes to workstations a breeze. We dont use GPOs anymore for software. Scheduled deploys, scripting, you can run scripts with local authentication which is great if a computer falls off the domain. Combined with PDQ inventory very powerful. Great built in repository of programs and such. The software is built very well and intuitive.

I'd like to see bandwidth throttling based on network I stead of global but that's not a big deal

Jacob B.
System Administrator in USA
Lagerung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

PDQ is a Joy

The automation capabilities provided by PDQ have allowed our team to offload meaningless manual tasks. We are able to reliably and regularly patch all of software we maintain, push settings and configuration, and save both the admins and end users so much time.

It would be an excellent addition to be able to manage remote endpoints.

Desktop Engineer in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Software Deployment tool

Kommentare: Day to day software deployments are much easier using PDQ. I am able to create, test & deploy application packages in few minutes. Much more convenient than SCCM. They even offer Windows Cumulative updates which is a bonus feature.

1. Prebuilt packages are so useful. Makes life much easier for IT Admins 2. Integration with PDQ Inventory is the best part of using PDQ Deploy. There are lot of custom build dynamic groups and it is so easy to make the deployment seamless. 3. Integration with Active Directory comes handy. 4. Scheduling package push using Heartbeat Deployment is added convenience.

The only issue is managing remote/offsite machines becomes challenging using PDQ Deploy.

Aaron D.
Systems Engineer in USA

Professional Windows Hater, PDQ Lover

Kommentare: My day job is to hate Windows. I switch companies to Linux, and I deal with Windows security issues. PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory are hands-down the best tools I've ever used in a Windows environment. I actually *love* using them and can't see how I survived the last few decades without them.

Ridiculously easy to set up, well-designed interface, it's obvious the developers dogfood their own software.

I have no cons when using PDQ software. It's truly a joy to use.

Jordan D.
Jordan D.
IT Manager in USA
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy Windows deployment and management

Kommentare: PDQ has made installation and management of our Windows computers easy and inexpensive. Capable of integrating with Active Directory, finding and pushing software to Windows computers is a breeze. Partnered with PDQ Inventory, we would find ourselves working much harder without it.

Pre-built deployments AD Integration Automated deployments Easy to use and setup

No OS X or Linux support. Would be awesome if I didn't have to find another program to manage those operating systems, even for the basics.