Über SugarSync

SugarSync ist eine sichere Cloud-Storage-Lösung, mit der du Dateien auf mehreren Geräten sichern, teilen und auf sie zugreifen kannst.

Erfahre mehr über SugarSync

With SugarSync you can backup any folder on your machine, selectively share folders with different co-workers, grant read-only access to users whenever you need to share large amounts of materials.

There’s no indication that someone else has a file open.

Bewertungen zu SugarSync

3,9
3,7

SugarSync hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 50 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du SugarSync bereits verwendet?

Jenna I.
Jenna I.
Account Director in USA

Great file sharing solution

Kommentare: Overall, this is a wonderful solution for SMBs to efficiently share files without investing in a complicated enterprise solution that requires IT setup and maintenance.

The best thing about this software is that I can download the shared folder and sync locally so I don't HAVE to use the web app if I don't want to. I can drag and drop files and sub folders on my desktop and still sync with the cloud.

One team member in particular can't delete anything, files and folders she deletes keeps reappearing. We think this is because the version we have is older and not supported anymore, honestly. We have it as a legacy and they don't sell it anymore. I don't believe the newer versions have this issue.

Jakub H.
Founder / Designer in Tschechien

Sharing individual files made easy

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: In the early days of cloud file storage and sharing there were some big players and some were small but very good. SugarSync belonged to the later and we loved it. The ease of sharing a file via right-clicking and generating a publicly accessible link was great.
As time progressed, the other apps also progressed and SugarSync stood still for a while which led to a drop of speed and comparably pricier service then others offered. Even when privacy was a concern. So we dropped it.

When SugarSync became available it seemed to be the best option to share and sync files AND backup computers to the cloud. It was far more advanced then other software, privacy is supposedly better and it allowed simple sharing of single files and folders.

Unlike other solutions SugarSync either does not have any data centers in Europe or the servers are slow. Compared to other solutions uploading and syncing the files dragged and I had to wait to finish uploads of files which needed to be shared. Plus over time the client app became slightly aged and overall the system became pricey.

Janine R.
Versicherung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Customer support is NON EXISTANT

1,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I am a customer for 13 years. The service was always decent except for the last two years wherein you can get no assistance. There is no one manning the ship. I am going to a competitor due to such poor service.

It backs up your files, like it is supposed to most of the time. BUT, when there is a problem you can not get anyone on the phone nor will they call you back no matter how many messages or email s you send, even though you are paying for this service annually. You cant even get anyone in billing to answer the phone.

files or photos won't upload properly and will not sync so they get stuck in limbo and you can not get it to resolve.

Kathryn R.
Director of operations in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great for small teams!

Kommentare: Use it daily as our main storage and share system.

Easy and intuitive. There was no learning curve. It stores files as if you share a desktop folder. There’s no active downloading needed to share.

There’s no indication that someone else has a file open. It saves both versions, but we are frequently running file compare to make sure everything is up to date.

Web Developer & Graphic Designer in USA

SugarSync offers the folder specific syncing that very few others do.

Pretty much what it claims to do is what I like best about it. It's like being asked "What do you like best about a back scratcher?" It scratches my back! This software syncs my files and it does do allowing me to select the folders I want, which allows me to keep my computers set up in the folder structure that I want. (Most others, like Dropbox, which I also like and use, but for different reasons , make you use their folder.)

Once in a while there is a hiccup and the sync stops working properly for a certain folder. That can be a little nerve wracking to fix, but for the most part, it's a time saver. I also don't like that they went from freemium to pay only at one point; it's not that it wasn't worth it, but it always feels a little sneaky when you become reliant on something and then you're almost "forced" to keep going with it.

Professor in Italien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Ambitious product, sometimes falling short of expectations

Kommentare: It's flexible, easy to use, not always reliable when you have a lot of data

I have been using SugarSync for more than ten years now, installing updates, re-installing from scratch several times, looking at forums for help... but still sometimes the local client gets stuck and does not update files (although it tells you that everything is OK, which is not true and you have to log on to your account via a browser to know). Please note that I am using SugarSync with a pretty large amount of folders and files, so I guess this kind of issues do not occur for users backing up and sharing just a few Gigabytes.

Director of Business Development in USA
Öl & Energie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Love it but have to troubleshoot regularly

Kommentare: Really love that I don't have to check files in/out when I work on them. If another user is editing a document in parallel, the SugarSync system saves both versions. Wish it were more reliable.

Platform is ideal for a small business with a handful of remote users. Files are synced in the cloud and duplicated on a user's hard drive.

Occasionally it just stops syncing files. Usually I discover this when I'm in the middle of collaborating with a team member or working on a critical document. It is frustrating to have to reboot or refresh which usually fixes the problem but not always.

Strategic Sales Advisor and Business Coach in Kanada
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great features to sync and backup files in the cloud

Kommentare: Overall, I love using this software to back up and share my files with others. It was easy to use and has features that other competitors didn't have.

Sugarsync is easy to use and configure so it's accessible on all devices. Love how you can choose specific folders to sync and backup.

Over the years the price of the plans have gone up compare to other competitors like Dropbox and Google Drive.

Samantha C.
Samantha C.

Love sugarsync for 2 way syncing of files

Kommentare: Love its usability and how it backs up all my files!

I have been using sugarsync for over 5 years and I absolutely love it! My files are backup automatically to the cloud and I can select which folders are backed up automatically and can even change this on multiple devices. I backup my cellphone, laptop and tablet with it and have never lost anything!

Marcos G.
Marcos G.
Production and Content Director in Venezuela
11-50 Mitarbeiter

A great way to share files and keep them always updated, anywhere, anytime!

In addition to all the features that usually present this type of tools, such as a synchronization folder, share with collaborators, etc. This application allows backups and automatic synchronizations on all devices. Even upload files vía email. Additionally, you can save backup copies of your file structures to prevent accidental fatalities!

The bad thing, unlike similar ones, is that you can not edit the files online. You can edit them through a program on your computer, but as soon as the file is saved, it can be updated immediately and automatically in all the folders in which it is located. At least that's what they have ...

Rebecca T.
Accounting in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use with comparable price point

App was easy to use and teach employees to use, implementation was smooth transition from previous app. Integration with other apps worked better than other apps used by company.

Pricing for small business use is a bit too high.

Scott F.
Owner/Operator in USA

SugarSync has by-far been the most reliable file-sync program I have used to date.

Kommentare: SugarSync allows me to easily syncronize files between all of my computers without having to move them from their original locations into a central folder.

The biggest feature of this program, and the one I admire the most, is the ability to sync files and folders anywhere on the computer without having to move them to a specific folder. All the other systems require you to move your data into a specific folder they create, but SugarSync allows you to right click on any file/folder on your computer (including network drives and external drives) and choose to sync the right where they stand. I also like their new backup copy feature that maintains an extra copy of whatever folders you want for safety and versioning changes.

The price is the worst part of this program - it is far more expensive than any other program like it that I have ever used, and each year I am forced to think hard on whether or not I want to renew them or not. They are at least 5 times more expensive than their closest competitor, and the only justification is syncing files/folder where they sit.

Martha V.
BDM in Australien
Wein und Spirituosen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Sugar Sync user

Kommentare: Generally was exactly what I required with a good result

I found SugarSync user friendly and well suited for the purpose I required, which was to be able to access parts of our server remotely including without internet access.

Sometimes there was a double save of documents which was confusing. In these cases we would need to work out which was the latest document and delete the oversave.

Blaine M.
IT Manager in USA
Landwirtschaft, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Very nice file sync program.

Kommentare: Overall we are very happy with sugarsync.

What i think sets SugarSync apart from other file sync programs is that you can chose to sync any file or folder on your computer. You don't have to change your file structure or drop files in a certain spot to sync.

I would like the ability to access and restore files of other users in our company account. It would help with support of some users.

Amanda D.
Instructional Designer in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Decent resource for multiple users

My group has been using this as a repository for file sharing for many years. The app allows us to easily access files on the go. Files and folders can be renamed with ease.

When a new file is uploaded the date does not change to the most recent date. Moving files is a bit cumbersome as there is no ability to drag and drop to move files among folders.

Stephan K.
President in Deutschland
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Runs great, could use a few more features

Kommentare: It is a great product, support does a lowsy job.

I can keep my own folder structure. I share folders with my family and they also can keep their structure. All is synchronized. We use Notebooks, so a normal server would not work when we are traveling.

No option to syncronisze network drives (NAS etc) Iphone App picture sync totally buggy and unreliable.

Bud H.
Principal in USA

Sync across multiple machines

Kommentare: The ability to access and change a file from multiple systems and have the change propagated to multiple locations.

The interface is almost intuitive. The program keeps files (and folders) completely in Sync across Windows and MAC systems. Changes on one system appear on others. The Sync can be set so only certain folders are on a given system.

Catherine E.
Attorney in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Keeps Files Backed Up To Cloud

Kommentare: Recently had to upgrade some computers as they were Windows 7. I was able to obtain all my doucments fairly quickly form the cloud backup.

It seamlessly backs up files to the cloud. Keeps my computer documents updated from desktop to laptop.

Support is limited to email and the links online aren't the most intuitive.

Web Developer & Graphic Designer in USA
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

This Software Has Stopped Working with the Latest MacOS

Kommentare: It had served me well for a long time, although things always seemed a little on the verge of breaking down. Usually it didn't. Now it doesn't work at all. The customer support team are trying and are nice, but they are just being fed lines from their developers and can't offer any information about when an update will be available. What they are relaying indicates that the problem was on the verge of being fixed, but that line has continued to be served up.

I liked that you can select the folders that you want to sync, back when the software used to work. It used to be a decent product and serve a role in the syncing world that other software didn't.

It occasionally would get buggy and there would be a need a few times a year to get on the phone with customer service and resolve new issues. But most of all, it is completely useless to me now because it no longer works with the latest MacOS. Mac pushes their users to update frequently to the latest, safest OS. There is no way anyone should not upgrade because they want to keep using SugarSync.

Business Owner - Principal Engineer in Australien
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great File Sync Software

Kommentare: Needed to have up to date copies of all my files and photos on all my computers. Sugarsync did this with ease, running in the background so that everything was always up to date

Very easy to set up and use. Updates were regular and fixed any glitches

Had some glitches early on but updates fixed them

Dan N.
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

A Hidden Gem

I really like how I can right click a file a create a public link. Other software requires to go into the website a get a link, which is many more steps. I also really like the versioning

I wish it had more integrations to other software.

Vice President Of Technology & Operations in USA
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Setup, Cheap Backup Solution

It was super easy to setup, allows backing up of existing folders (as opposed to Box.com or Dropbox). We really like the version history.

I didn't find anything that we really disliked about SugarSync. It did everything we were looking for and more.

Senior Financial Analyst in USA
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

SugarSync Review

Our team loves the flexibility that SugarSync gives us to quickly and easily share documents with each other.

Occasionally, we run into syncing issues, even when all of us have the desktop app open and the SugarSync icon is green.

Sanel P.
Software Analyst in USA

SugarSync - A Very Useful Cloud Service

Kommentare: Better for personal use than business usage.

Very easy to use. Great desktop and mobile environments. Able to share files easily.

Pricey for a lack of advanced collaboration features.

Yvonne T.
President in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

SugarSync

Kommentare: Great way to securely share files with coworkers or clients.

It is easy to share and access files securely.

It isn't supported for use with a server.