SugarSync Bewertungen

von J2 Global

4.5 / 5 32 Bewertungen
SugarSync

SugarSync has by-far been the most reliable file-sync program I have used to date.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 5.5.2018
Scott F.
Owner/Operator

Kommentare: SugarSync allows me to easily syncronize files between all of my computers without having to move them from their original locations into a central folder.

Vorteile: The biggest feature of this program, and the one I admire the most, is the ability to sync files and folders anywhere on the computer without having to move them to a specific folder. All the other systems require you to move your data into a specific folder they create, but SugarSync allows you to right click on any file/folder on your computer (including network drives and external drives) and choose to sync the right where they stand. I also like their new backup copy feature that maintains an extra copy of whatever folders you want for safety and versioning changes.

Nachteile: The price is the worst part of this program - it is far more expensive than any other program like it that I have ever used, and each year I am forced to think hard on whether or not I want to renew them or not. They are at least 5 times more expensive than their closest competitor, and the only justification is syncing files/folder where they sit.

SugarSync offers the folder specific syncing that very few others do.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Web Developer & Graphic Designer

Vorteile: Pretty much what it claims to do is what I like best about it. It's like being asked "What do you like best about a back scratcher?" It scratches my back! This software syncs my files and it does do allowing me to select the folders I want, which allows me to keep my computers set up in the folder structure that I want. (Most others, like Dropbox, which I also like and use, but for different reasons , make you use their folder.)

Nachteile: Once in a while there is a hiccup and the sync stops working properly for a certain folder. That can be a little nerve wracking to fix, but for the most part, it's a time saver. I also don't like that they went from freemium to pay only at one point; it's not that it wasn't worth it, but it always feels a little sneaky when you become reliant on something and then you're almost "forced" to keep going with it.

Great file sharing solution

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 8.12.2018
Jenna I.
Account Director

Kommentare: Overall, this is a wonderful solution for SMBs to efficiently share files without investing in a complicated enterprise solution that requires IT setup and maintenance.

Vorteile: The best thing about this software is that I can download the shared folder and sync locally so I don't HAVE to use the web app if I don't want to. I can drag and drop files and sub folders on my desktop and still sync with the cloud.

Nachteile: One team member in particular can't delete anything, files and folders she deletes keeps reappearing. We think this is because the version we have is older and not supported anymore, honestly. We have it as a legacy and they don't sell it anymore. I don't believe the newer versions have this issue.

Love it but have to troubleshoot regularly

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Director of Business Development
Öl & Energie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Really love that I don't have to check files in/out when I work on them. If another user is editing a document in parallel, the SugarSync system saves both versions. Wish it were more reliable.

Vorteile: Platform is ideal for a small business with a handful of remote users. Files are synced in the cloud and duplicated on a user's hard drive.

Nachteile: Occasionally it just stops syncing files. Usually I discover this when I'm in the middle of collaborating with a team member or working on a critical document. It is frustrating to have to reboot or refresh which usually fixes the problem but not always.

Very nice file sync program.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 2.9.2018
Blaine M.
IT Manager
Landwirtschaft, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall we are very happy with sugarsync.

Vorteile: What i think sets SugarSync apart from other file sync programs is that you can chose to sync any file or folder on your computer. You don't have to change your file structure or drop files in a certain spot to sync.

Nachteile: I would like the ability to access and restore files of other users in our company account. It would help with support of some users.

Decent resource for multiple users

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 15.8.2018
Amanda D.
Instructional Designer
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: My group has been using this as a repository for file sharing for many years. The app allows us to easily access files on the go. Files and folders can be renamed with ease.

Nachteile: When a new file is uploaded the date does not change to the most recent date. Moving files is a bit cumbersome as there is no ability to drag and drop to move files among folders.

Runs great, could use a few more features

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Stephan K.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a great product, support does a lowsy job.

Vorteile: I can keep my own folder structure. I share folders with my family and they also can keep their structure.
All is synchronized. We use Notebooks, so a normal server would not work when we are traveling.

Nachteile: No option to syncronisze network drives (NAS etc)
Iphone App picture sync totally buggy and unreliable.

Love sugarsync for 2 way syncing of files

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Samantha C.

Kommentare: Love its usability and how it backs up all my files!

Vorteile: I have been using sugarsync for over 5 years and I absolutely love it! My files are backup automatically to the cloud and I can select which folders are backed up automatically and can even change this on multiple devices. I backup my cellphone, laptop and tablet with it and have never lost anything!

A great way to share files and keep them always updated, anywhere, anytime!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 20.3.2018
Marcos G.
Production and Content Director
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: In addition to all the features that usually present this type of tools, such as a synchronization folder, share with collaborators, etc. This application allows backups and automatic synchronizations on all devices. Even upload files vía email. Additionally, you can save backup copies of your file structures to prevent accidental fatalities!

Nachteile: The bad thing, unlike similar ones, is that you can not edit the files online. You can edit them through a program on your computer, but as soon as the file is saved, it can be updated immediately and automatically in all the folders in which it is located. At least that's what they have ...

Sync across multiple machines

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 22.2.2018
Bud H.
Principal

Kommentare: The ability to access and change a file from multiple systems and have the change propagated to multiple locations.

Vorteile: The interface is almost intuitive. The program keeps files (and folders) completely in Sync across Windows and MAC systems. Changes on one system appear on others. The Sync can be set so only certain folders are on a given system.

A Hidden Gem

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Dan N.
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I really like how I can right click a file a create a public link. Other software requires to go into the website a get a link, which is many more steps. I also really like the versioning

Nachteile: I wish it had more integrations to other software.

Easy to Setup, Cheap Backup Solution

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Vice President Of Technology & Operations
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It was super easy to setup, allows backing up of existing folders (as opposed to Box.com or Dropbox). We really like the version history.

Nachteile: I didn't find anything that we really disliked about SugarSync. It did everything we were looking for and more.

SugarSync Review

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 21.6.2018
Senior Financial Analyst
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Our team loves the flexibility that SugarSync gives us to quickly and easily share documents with each other.

Nachteile: Occasionally, we run into syncing issues, even when all of us have the desktop app open and the SugarSync icon is green.

Was perfect, now not functioning well

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 5.4.2018
Jeremy A.
National Manager of Learning Innovation
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Can sync any folder, customizable by device. The ability to sync multiple devices across platforms is great, including mobile for true access anywhere. Copy public link is a great, easy way to send a file to someone.

Nachteile: Lately, the desktop app hogs tons of resources and seems like it's constantly using 30 or more % processor. While it wasn't always this way, it's not completely reliable in terms of keeping files synced- I've had issues with file versions getting mixed up after thinking/expecting they were in sync. This requires a app exit and restart to re-trigger the syncing process.

Great cloud file-sharing!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 30.4.2018
Alaina D.
Eventservice

Kommentare: Sugar Sync's quick file storing and sharing software is a must-have for any business.

Vorteile: The SugarSync app is great to keep files organized and file share with a team of employees. Keeping files on a cloud base software saves from storing larger files on our computers.

Nachteile: Sugar Sync seems to require an update every week or two that takes a very long time to complete. Most of the time, we just update before we leave for the day.

It seems to me an extremely useful tool!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Camila A.
Asistente de ventas

Vorteile: I have been using this tool very recently because I met it a short time ago, however, it seems too useful! You can synchronize the files to the cloud without having to have them in a very specific folder, you can also do it from wherever and whenever!

Nachteile: One of the few things that plays this great tool is its price, I think it is a bit high, however, if you are a person who wants everything to be in the cloud for more protection, in the end you will end up looking for the best quality and ease.

Perfect cloud based storage application for home users. Uploading by email is a nice feature

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Andrew R.
Director of Business Intelligence

Vorteile: The ability to backup literally anything is nice. You can upload files by email directly to your cloud storage with no file size limit. Setting permissions on the files is easy to do, and they give you a good amount of storage to start with.

Nachteile: Used to be a free service, now you have to pay for your storage. Cost is relatively cheap, but I lost access to files when I decided not to pay my subscription. Be sure to always have a local backup copy of your data!

File-syncing and backup across entire sales team

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 24.10.2018
N. jordan L.
Off-Centered Sales Representative
Essen & Trinken, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy way to share sales resources documents in a place where everyone on sales team can access and upload edits.

Nachteile: Organization can be somewhat cumbersome with so many users

Solid product that got the job done

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Jason B.
Pastor

Vorteile: I liked the ease of setting up everything. The online tutorial I found was super helpful and had everything done pretty quickly.

Nachteile: Ultimately, it didn't play nice with some of the other programs we were using. We found another solution that integrates well, but I would still recommend it if someone asked.

Dropkicked Dropbox

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Financial Advisor at Kinder FInancial Strategies
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very intuitive for tech challenged user - easy to sync with my Iphone and stores tons of stuff. Literally have two computers backed up thru SS and use it to back up my Iphone.

Nachteile: Seems to be less innovative than it was a few years ago - do not see ads, etc.. but it still does everything I want and more.

Bewertet am 10.8.2016
Sandra M.
Quelle: GetApp

It works well overall but there are better options out there

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Jay A.
Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used to use SugarSync for quite a few years until I started having issues keeping multiple computers synchronized. I found better options that were more cost effective. It was pretty easy to use and setup though.

Vorteile: Easy to Use
Has nice sharing features between computers

Nachteile: Problems with updating software particularly between computers that caused sync issues

Excellent option to keep your files sync'd across different platforms.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 5.5.2018
Ken W.
Associate Warden

Vorteile: This software works to synchronize files across several platforms, such as android, windows, IOS or Mac.

Nachteile: Costs - there are other programs available although they don't work quite as well, in doing virtually the same thing.

SugarSync doesn't offer anything unique to justify the cost of the service.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: SugarSync is a cloud backup solution that allows you to backup your data to the cloud. It works almost intuitively, allowing you to select what folders and files you want to sync, and instead of creating duplicates on your system and hogging space like Dropbox and other options do, SugarSync allows you to sync items in place, without creating a SugarSync directory on your computer with copied versions of all the files.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, SugarSync did not work with MyCloud, which meant it wasn't the app for me. It's also insanely expensive. I can get 1-2TB of storage from other places at a lesser price than a month, that do the same exact thing. In my opinion, SugarSync doesn't offer anything truly unique or life-changing that can justify the cost of the service, especially as after awhile, it started running up the CPU and taking more and more resources from other programs.

I have used sugarsync to keep my files secure and structured how I like them.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 13.6.2018
Nathan H.
Management Assistant

Vorteile: I enjoy backing up all my folders in the same structure I created them on my computer. When I need to go to my backups (never ideal) I can quickly get why I need fast. I also like the ability to share folders with permissions when necessary.

Nachteile: From the business side, nothing. From the personal side, just wish I could automatically backup photos since that's near and dear to me. Not a huge deal, though, more or a nice to have. I still think sugarsync is a great offering.