eFax securely sends your documents!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 22.4.2018
Candace E.
Help Desk Analyst
Computer-Hardware, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: eFax by J2 offers end-users the ability to send secured faxes online. End-users can use eFax by J2 to send faxes via a computer desktop, laptop, or mobile device. The benefits of eFax is sending outgoing or receiving incoming faxes via a personally selected fax number. eFax allows users to manage account online. eFax is a great online faxing tool.

Vorteile: eFax allows end-users to send documents online. eFax offers a free trial to send 150 pages per transfer. eFax allows end-users to send 150 incoming as well as outgoing faxes per the free trial. eFax does not require an initial activation fee. eFax allows end-users to select personal faxing number. eFax offers two types of subscriptions such as Plus and Pro with two different types of feature prices.

Nachteile: eFax at one point in time was a free service and now requires payment. eFax interfaces with a third party cloud storage. eFax collects cookies and session cookies ID per user and their computer. eFax company server stores personal information that may identify the user. eFax is required to maintain information per user for a limited time, within the terms of agreement of privacy, that time frame is unidentifiable.

I use eFax directly or with our 800#. Easy to use.Perfect if you have your directly line to pick up

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 9.5.2018
Cecelia G.
Senior Housing Counselor/Loan Servicing

Vorteile: A like my personal eFax number. I don't have to wait for someone to look up the faxes for me. I go in my fax and access directly. The system saves your faxes for a long time. You can create folders to save the fax into. Sending faxes is easy and it saves the contacts especially when you have multiple requests from a certain agency. Faxes are clear. I love my eFax.

Nachteile: It is hard when you only have one number to send and receive faxes to especially when someone other than you handles the faxes. I don't like when you get faxes repeatly from other businesses that do not belong to you.

Integrates well and is reliable

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Jon A.
Application Support Team Lead
Medizinische Praxis, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love how easy this is to use and the level of integration it has with our software. We send and receive faxes for it with very few problems. Their customer support team is out of this world. The longest I've waited for a reply was under an hour and that was because our direct rep was on a plane. We commonly have less than 5 minute response times.
They give good price breaks on quantity.. we send and receive about 70,000 pages per month and get a great rate. Much more economical than maintaining standard machines.

Nachteile: There are obscure file\page size limits on faxes sent through their API. They have a new version but it does not work with our software yet.

Reduces Clutter

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Hasib B.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: While faxing is quite antiquated, the healthcare industry has not yet widely adapted a replacement. Until then, this seems to be the next best thing. You have the same compatibility as traditional faxing, but are able to reduce clutter and free floating sheets of paper which could lead to HIPAA violations.

Nachteile: At the end of the day its still fax, which makes it less than ideal but its the standard used by the rest of the industry.

eFax Review

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Robert M.
Mortgage Processor
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easily send or receive a fax. Upload items directly to your computer and easily send them via fax to a fax machine/number. Ease of setup and use/very user friendly.

Nachteile: Nothing fancy or unique here. This is a basic electronic fax software. Interface is a bit 'outdated' looking but that doesn't obviously affect the functionality and ease of use of the software.

Just no

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 31.3.2018
Beth D.
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I suppose for big corporations (or law firms, where I once worked and eFax supplied everyone with their own fax line), this is a good product. However, even when I used it at the law firm, I did not always get notification as I should have, or as fast as I should have, of the receipt of a fax. Or confirmation of a fax. It's nice to have the history of the faxes you've received, so you can go back and get something if you need to. Obviously it does integrate well, it's basically pretty easy to use (if you can operate a regular fax machine, you can run eFax), and it's been around a while. But for the individual user or small companies, really, it's much too expensive, especially since there are so many other free or very cheap options out there. The "free trial" is a joke. Don't waste your time if you're going to sign up for it, just so you can send a quick fax, thinking you will cancel before the free trial ends. They're going to get money out of you one way or the other. Keep that number to your credit card's charge dispute line ready. If you only send the rare fax, bounce over to HelloFax instead and send it for free. Or set up the fax option in Microsoft and fax directly from your word processing software.

Nachteile: Expensive, shady "free trial" that bills you no matter what, doesn't offer anything in terms of increased efficiency or performance that I can't get from using a free or already installed on my machine service.

Segregating fax lines and moving to the cloud

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Richard R.
Information Technology Manager
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of setup, ease of use and the ability to receive a fax anywhere at anytime. Also have mobile apps.

Nachteile: efax is not HIPPA Compliant, however the same company owns sFax, which is not only HIPPA compliant they have a BAA available for its customers. I am currently in the process of moving much over to sFax.

Over-priced for inconsistent service.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Practice Director
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Needed a virtual fax system that allows our virtual practice administrators to check inbound faxes and allow our clinicians to send outbound faxes without having to buy equipment for our 15 offices. Also allows us to avoid having to allocate and secure space within our office for HIPAA compliance related to faxing.

Vorteile: HIPAA compliant, virtual fax system which allows our multi-office healthcare practice to manage all fax volume (especially inbound faxes) without having to buy multiple machines, train multiple staff, etc. eFax was willing to provide a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), which is necessary for compliance.

Nachteile: We changed after getting consistent complaints from clients and other providers that they're faxes were not going through. We even lost a referral source due to their exhaustion with us not getting their referrals and records. When we found a lower priced option, we beta-tested it on a parallel basis and switched after 30 days. Also, their interface feels a little antiquated and quirky compared to the other provider we switched to.

Faxing online

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Sharonda L.
Lab Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I'm very satisfied with efax I use it everyday.

Vorteile: The most important thing to me about this software is the contact list. I use efax corporate in my lab to send results to our clients and my contact list is extensive but efax can handle all of the 100+ stored contacts.

Nachteile: The only thing I don't like is having to add a 1+ before each fax number. If you forget the 1+ the faxes will not go through.

Love This Company!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 18.4.2019
Business Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We started using eFax's services roughly a year ago. I can tell you right now, we've never had an issue. It was setup seamlessly and has worked without any issues since. eFax allows us to have remote workers now, which is awesome!

Nachteile: I have absolutely no complaints about eFax. I would recommend them to any business that is looking to do away with their fax machine.

This is more for business use

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 1.5.2019
Katrina L.
Event Specialist
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I searched around for alternate methods to fax documents to workers. I can't always use my All-in-One fax machine or go to the library/Office Depot. You get a free 30 day trial, afterwards you pay This is more for a small business, I had to search for a site that sent faxes. You can send and receive your fax by email, the steps are easy. Attach the documents to the email, click send and your confirmation will be sent to you. No fax machine to deal with.

Nachteile: This is not a dislike, but this is not for personal use. This site is suited more for a small business of 10 employees or less. I have to keep searching until I find a more cost effective(or free) way to fax.

Reasonably priced, cloud based secure fax solution. Easy to adopt and fairly straight forward use.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Partner
Finanzdienstleistungen

Kommentare: Quick deployment of a cloud based, secure/encrypted eFax solution. Didn't break the budget.

Vorteile: Reasonably priced way to adopt a secure, cloud based fax solution. Access inbound and outbound faxes from any device with a browser, securely. Automatic e-archive of fax communications.

Nachteile: The performance for us is just very slow. I don't know if this is due to the encryption implementation or what, but the faxes are slow to load across different browsers and from different PCs. Not a deal killer, but annoying.

I tell my friends to find a better solution.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Head of Analytics, Wunderman Asia Pacific
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Works to send a fax electronically . Not magic or unique.

Nachteile: I signed up for their service four months ago using the free one month trial. After trying the service once, found another free tool so searched for online for how to cancel my free trial. There appears to be no way to on the site cancel the trial. So send an email requesting the cancelation of the account no response. Tried again and with no response. At the end of the first month, they charged me for the following month. I then called and there was no option in the call menu to cancel service (you are directed to the site) so I selected technical support. The tech rep said he would cancel. He did not and again charged for another 2 months. Then sent another two emails. No response. Got charged again. Finally went to bank and canceled my credit card. I tell my friends to stay away.

e fabulous

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Heather R.
Quality Assurance RN
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Less time is spent on gather documents and then faxing them or printing out items to be faxed. I can simply save them in a file and then fax them!! So easy

Vorteile: I love that I can fax documented through the computer without having to have a machine to do so, I work from home and get request for document frequently and this has made it so much easier to send. Love it

Nachteile: I have no complaints bout this software! It wonderful

They've been down for 1 week and they cannot provide an ETA!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 11.7.2018
Neil H.
it desktop support
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: There are no pros! Everything is terrible, billing is an issue with them all the time. Their server is very slow

Nachteile: It takes forever to retrieve your inbox. Down for 1 week and no ETA what more can I say? Worst service ever!

eFax review

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Bridgitte T.
Lead
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: What I like most is the convenience of having a fax on my phone or computer. Faxing from my email makes work so much easier.

Nachteile: I haven't come across anything that I don't like yet. When I do I will be sure to let you know

Simple setup

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 12.4.2018
Michael S.
Software architect

Vorteile: We were able to integrate eFax in to a web app quickly and easily, and draw out received files without a lot of hassle.

Nachteile: Setting up multiple lines was a little confusing at first but we were able to make this work without problem.

Past user returning after 10+ years absence

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Gary P.
Electronics Field Installer
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have a virtual business so I don't have a fax line, efax solved that issue of worrying about the physical presence and time it would take to have local phone company come out to install a line.

Vorteile: Easy setup and configuration including ability to get a local number which is unheard of for citizens of Alaska.

Nachteile: Felt I was double billed during sign-up process because I was charged to get a local phone number.

The "new" fax machine

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Director of Operations/Marketing Director
Eventservice

Vorteile: It is great to be able to fax from anywhere and not need to have a traditional machine and tie up a phone line to send and receive faxes.

Nachteile: Sometimes it is slow to send faxes or fails. Also, steps to add in the receiver's info could be streamlined.

Ok web based fax service

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Angie E.
Psychologist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I initially liked that I could do everything from my computer.

Nachteile: Wasn’t receiving faxes. Called customer support. Zero help.

Scam of a Company

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 9.6.2019
Steven H.
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Horrible experience. Outright scam of a company. It's 2019 and the way efax does business is completely unacceptable. Once you give this company your credit card, they make it very hard to take it back. Avoid at all costs.

Vorteile: Nothing. They're overpriced and they don't do anything that isn't done by a competitor for less.

Nachteile: They continue to bill your card after you WRITE them to tell them to cancel. Why? Because they want to try sleazy used car sales tactics to retain your business. They continued to bill me for months after I explicitly told them to cancel and then pointed to BS fine print. In today's world, fine print just proves that you're a scammy outfit.

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Brady P.
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Free trial IS NOT FREE

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 20.9.2017
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: It works ok, The faxes are sent as you would expect them to be

Nachteile: We signed up for their service three months ago using the free one month trial. After about two weeks, we realised that the service was not what we needed so send an email requesting the cancelation of our account. At the end of the first month, they charged us for the following month (obviously not cancelling the account before the free trial ended). We then sent another email and a letter.
We then got charged again and have now send another letter and email as well as advising our bank we would like to charge back the charges to our credit card as they where un-authorized. Wish us luck!

Great resource!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Laurel B.
AP Coordinator
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software allows our company to communicate with our clients in the clinical community and ensure our patients private information stays private!

Nachteile: We find that the pricing could be more competitive.

Free trial scam!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Matt R.
Product Specialist

Vorteile: Functionality was clunky but worked as intended. I was able to receive confirmation of my fax getting submitted which was ok.

Nachteile: In 2018 I should not have to call between certain hours of the day to cancel a free trial just so you can force me to make my way through endless automated menus and have to chance to upsell me whenever you do decide to answer. Restrictions like this really ensure I will never use this software again. Welcome back to 1990s customer service...